PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 250 Discussion

ghostexiled
September 05, 2011, 10:31 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72350-Fairy-Tail-250-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

gominola
September 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
http://bbs.52manyou.com/read.php?tid=45153

Atobe the king
September 10, 2011, 01:09 PM
Wow this chapter looks awesome....and d'aaaw @meredy and Ultear....and wtf was Ultear always so busty :V?

ca12nag3
September 10, 2011, 01:11 PM
Wow this chapter looks awesome....and d'aaaw @meredy and Ultear....and wtf was Ultear always so busty :V?

yeah she always was :D got that from her mommy no doubt :P But the entire thing is epic, cant wait to read it in english, mashima outdid himself again ^^

DarkIcarusX
September 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
Brief summary:
Zeref explains there was never a need to create a key to awake him since he was awaken throughout the whole time.
What Zeref did to keep people think that he was slumber is that he took life as a meaningful element.
Zeref uses Acnologia for Hades to atone his sin.
Ultear confirmed with Meldy she was the one who destroyed Meldy's hometown.
She further added she knew Meldy wants her dead, but she didn't want Meldy to dirty her hands, so she stabbed herself in the stomach and fell into the sea.
Meldy saved Ultear and wants her to live, as she was the one who brought her up since her hometown was destroyed.
Meldy forgave Ultear.
Back to the ship, Hades was killed.
Zeref was shocked and said something about Acnologia is coming.

This summary might not be 100% correct, since I am not very good in Chinese :P

wooticus
September 10, 2011, 01:59 PM
ah and i thought that the beam in the last panel could be etherion... so maybe acnologia is something very similar to etherion - magic running down from the sky... oh gosh, i already see it coming - natsu eating that stuff

kkck
September 10, 2011, 02:42 PM
^Well, the aparent explosion in the ship appears to come from the inside rather than the outside. I would assume that has something to do with what just happened to hades. As for what is coming it could be some ancient demon, the black dragon gildarts mentioned or perhaps the council fired ethereon at zeref. If mashima intends on making ethereon vaguely relevant in this manga then perhaps it is actually connected to zeref and the origin of magic as ethereon itself was already said to be composed of many elements, which could as well be any and all magics....

BinCs
September 10, 2011, 02:43 PM
So what is acnologia? Is it a spell? Or is it a portal to another dimension where everyone is a pony and magic is scarce?

maravish
September 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
looks like a good chapter. geez when your waiting for it to come out it never does >.<

Rarhyx
September 10, 2011, 04:01 PM
looks like zeref is going to do a kame-hame-ha^^

Ifrit
September 10, 2011, 04:13 PM
Can't wait for english version. looks like really cool chapter 10/10.

Perfect ending Meldy and Ultear....Meldy is just not kind of a person who would hold a grudge on any1 this is why most of us saw her joining FT. I hope we see more from those two. can't wait to understand what happen on that ship.

Guys just a wild thinking ... Acnologia : name of the black dragon that attacked Gildartz ?

Umibouzu
September 10, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hey guess what, I can say what ever the heck I want to say. Im not breaking any rules. If it hurts your feelings that you don't agree with my sentiments then don't read them lol.

Urtear's character was loved by many because she was the first evil character who was long standing and made it through an entire arc, and then went by the wayside and progressively got more foolish until ultimately she was no longer Urtear the villain anylonger but rather some brain washed character.

Hades was the penultimate bad guy, who gets ko'd by the bull crap theme of this arc being friendship/bonds.

This entire arc was all too convenient. Mashima made some things up later on in the arc, and forcibally made them fit expecting readers to digest the new BS and like it, without seeing any loopholes or anything wrong with what he just did.

Who knows, my thoughts might change once the scanlation comes out, but I highly doubt it. I haven't even bothered posting anything positive or critical for a few chapters, because I'd just be wasting my time on the lolz filled half assed chapters.

Oh noez, Hades gets merked by Zeref who himself does a 180, proceeds to shit his pants because the council fires etherion at the island, but all will be good because Cana will show up with her new found powerup that she was too dumb to work a few chapters ago, but now that her daddy is there she will show him just how strong she is and then tell him she's his daughter.... Awwww

Or maybe this entire arc was to free Zeref? and Hades and Urtear were throw away characters. It was blatantly clear they were just the figurative keys to unlock Zeref, and they did their job....But hey, that's just my opinion. :o

Kazu-Sama
September 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
I'm not a big fan of what happened to both Ultear and Gerard, I think they would have been better off as master-villians, always behind the scenes, as opposed to pulling a heel-face turn and becoming good. But I must say I did like Meledy in this chapter, using the bonds to tell if Ultear was lying is a smart move. And plus, as expected, Hades died. I do think the S-class should carry on - but surely Cana's won it?

hoeru
September 10, 2011, 08:33 PM
just went through the manga again after having stopped reading it for a while at the mid of edolas - over confusion where mashima wanted to lead the story. and i have to revise my opinion about fairy tail. i used to call it bad since then but i think i get used to mashimas way of story telling. and with this chapter ultear became most likely one of my favorite characters - of all shonen i have read so far. im happy that i came back reading fairy tail and that shes going to change now so she eventually can show up again and show us some character development.

the current translation on the mangareader version is - lets just say "uruteia, merudei - wtf. >_<"

White Silver King
September 10, 2011, 08:43 PM
The translation is pretty awful, but the chapter looks good. I'm really happy about the Ultear/Meredy interaction and official switch over to the good side (well, this is what I'm taking it as).

Wish I could actually understand what's happening with Zeref though.

Atobe the king
September 10, 2011, 08:59 PM
Zeref is confusing me as well...translation didn't help either lol...a flashback arc is in order

Atobe the king
September 10, 2011, 09:49 PM
mangastream chapter
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/75979972/1

Sai_the_Shaman
September 10, 2011, 10:40 PM
Hey all,

Just getting some concerns from some folks of some over all light not quite at the bashing level yet conversations going on in here. Just asking everyone to please keep to discussing the chapter rather than who said what about who and caring about all that nonsense.

Please KEEP IT CIVIL.

that is all...

twisterzin
September 10, 2011, 11:00 PM
Back into the chapter's original subject: I've a theory about Zeref, I think he may be a Dragon Slayer, the Dragon Slayer of Life, that solves a few puzzles within the manga. For example, being a Dragon Slayer, is easy to understand how he know Natsu (ALso, i Think Natsu fought in the war 400 years ago, but that I'd better keep to another day), explains about the Black Dragon and also, in the latest chapter (250), he said that the more he learn about the value of life more souls he will absorb, so he "eat" souls (like Natsu does with Fire or gajeel with iron).
If that is true, it'll have a lot of implications on the other Dragon Slayers (natsu, gajeel and the girl), because Zeref, despite the fact that he have more than 400 years old, still looks like a young man, same way like Natsu (and we already know that he is over 80).

Minato-sama
September 10, 2011, 11:06 PM
Can't wait for english version. looks like really cool chapter 10/10.

Perfect ending Meldy and Ultear....Meldy is just not kind of a person who would hold a grudge on any1 this is why most of us saw her joining FT. I hope we see more from those two. can't wait to understand what happen on that ship.

Guys just a wild thinking ... Acnologia : name of the black dragon that attacked Gildartz ?

Meldy joining fairy tail is very slim, the problem she a WANTED Fugitive, the new council would never let a former member of grimoire heart to escape justice. Look what happen to Gerard, he help out to stop Nirvana, he still go to jail. And all the heroic thing fairy tail done, the new council still want them disband.

Ultear I hope we see her again in the future, because there still one more person left who might hold a grudge for Ultear that haven't play-out yet. The confrontation between Ultear and Erza. Both of them haven't meet face to face yet. It was Ultear who screw Gerrard's mind and his life up, now he rotting in a jail cell becuz of her. Erza know now that Ultear's have her hand in making Gerrard believe he hear Zeref. I wonder what Erza reaction is when she see Ultear.

Uriel
September 10, 2011, 11:13 PM
Chapter out! I really like this one.

First, Zeref did not lose the sense of epicness that I saw on him on the first place. And I like it's not something as bad as "I was sleep" but something as cool as "I changed because after all this years I learned something, bitches". Finishing the relationship and bonds between Meldy and Ultear was great to see too, it's a nice way to end those characters in a good way.

Most cool thing of all was Acnologia and the tension that brings up. It was a summon then! Something more cool than just "you die" spell. Can't wait to read the next chapter to find out.

1337 haxor
September 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
mangastream chapter
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/75979972/1

This chapter was thrilling awesome, sorry Los this time I have to agree with everyone that you are asking for things that doesn't fall with the nature of this manga.

Fairy Tail centers around the concept that real evil doesn't exhist but is actually a mislead of good people, it happy going manga about friendship, comic relief and busty women.

What really is anoying sometimes is that Mashima can force to much on the power of friendship to turn the tides of battle instead of creating a more creative victory or allowing a good guy to face defeat.

That put aside FT is very enjoyable.

Back to the chapter itself, the Meredy Ultear conclusion was surprising and beautiful.

I and many others could foresee Meredy beating the crap out of Ultear but not killing her, however, to think that Ultear would take out her own life just to show Meredy that she truly cares for her and regrets all the evil she had done was plain heart touching.

If Mashima has trouble writing villains, then he is skilled in writing good guys, Ultear's explanation for her evil actions made it much deeper how she was desperate and blind.

In a certain acclaimed anime series that aired this year there was a time travelling character who could redo the entire plot line trying to negate her mistakes but never managed to change time the way she wanted.

Using that character to make a comparison we realize that Ultear had already gave up hope in her future, that nothing mattered because when the World of Magic finally came she would neglect all misfortune she had caused and it would be as if she had a happy life instead of her horrible one.

Meredy grew in character so much this chapter, her fight with Juvia made her realize that her life has happiness and that for the sake of those she loves she should stay alive to live hapily with them.

It was very well done.

As for Zeref and his revelation this was sort of an odd moment coupled with moral lessons.

Zeref was awake the whole time but due to his knew found values for humanity he simply chose to supress himself while his body, urging for darkness, interpreted it as stealing human souls for him.

Once Hades layed waste to FT and due to all the atrocities he had commited before, Zeref snaped with a "Humans are Bastards" mentality and decided to give up on being good.

Contrary to criticism, now that the chapter is translated Zeref sounds like a much more interesting villain who fits in FT's theme of evil being just a misdoing of good.

A villain that doesn't hold villany in high regards is something we don't see in mangas very often.

Now that I put this chapter plain there are two misteries facing the future of this manga.

First is Acnologia, Zered summoned something really wicked for he himself being scared of it and it must be either a dragon or an eldritch abomination. Unless it's some sort of evil shockwave that reduces every non magical thing on earth to dust.

Second of all there is something weird with those keys and the whole deal of the magic of one.

The fact that Hades saw with his mystical eye that the keys were meant to do something of unimaginable power and the fact that Lucy is a master of keys who is also linkened to that extraordinarily powerful magic strenghtens some interesting possibilies.

My theory is that Lucy is the gate to the world of magic, that her true power is the one which keys can awaken and that whatever entity is behind Lucy, Layla and the dragon's dissapearance it is one which Zeref had waged war upon 400 years ago.

It might be that, just as there is super evil magic Zeref, there was an extraordinarily powerful mage of light whose strenght was on par with him.

However, one day, as the heighst of their battle lead the world to the brink of destruction, the Nirvit tribe triggered Nirvana and Zeref slipped to goodness learning the value of human life but the mage of light became a corrupt destroyer that sealed herself in order to prevent catastrophe.

Lucy and Layla descend from that light mage, their bloodline inherited the spirit of her while keeping her power sealed.

When the descendent of that mage is brought before the keys of darkness, the power of that mage will be reawaken and her corrupted spirit will take possession of it.

As both Zeref and his couterpart are now evil the balance of light and darkness will be broken beyond repair and their combined strenght will sink the world in the abyss.

The dragon slayers are the only force in the world who can prevent or undo such ocurrence.

Atobe the king
September 10, 2011, 11:29 PM
Regarding Ultear its as i said a couple of weeks ago, her like many FT villains come off as teenagers with simple problems (laxus arc was this to a t), she is no different her whole motivation was because she thinks her mom basically screwed her over, learning this was the case would naturally eliminate all malice revealing she's pretty much as sweet as her mom lol.

Epic_Rider
September 10, 2011, 11:35 PM
A pretty nice chapter. The part with Ultear and Meredy reminded me of why I like Fairy Tail and shounen manga in general: redemption. There's almost nothing I like better than a story with some redemption in it.

Also, I always thought Ultear was hot, but to me, she was at her hottest this chapter. That look on her face really fits her.

Interesting to see that Hades's seed of cruelty took fruit and rebounded back to him.

Atobe the king
September 10, 2011, 11:44 PM
A lot of did say zeref would off hades..just not in the way we thought lol. Ultear is the hottest in FT imo lol

Kaiten
September 10, 2011, 11:46 PM
Please be aware that everyone's opinion, whether positive or negative, is welcome as long as it is constructive and on topic. Criticism is welcome so long as it constructive, on topic and not worded in such a way as to be perceived as bashing or flame. If anyone feels someone is simply bashing, report the post. If it is indeed a rules violation a member of the staff will delete. Please do not respond in kind. Please respect the fact that their are members who wish to discuss the chapter and do not want to read a flame war. The flame war in this thread has been deleted.

shuha27
September 10, 2011, 11:54 PM
The fact that Hades saw with his mystical eye that the keys were meant to do something of unimaginable power and the fact that Lucy is a master of keys who is also linkened to that extraordinarily powerful magic strenghtens some interesting possibilies.

My theory is that Lucy is the gate to the world of magic, that her true power is the one which keys can awaken and that whatever entity is behind Lucy, Layla and the dragon's dissapearance it is one which Zeref had waged war upon 400 years ago.

It might be that, just as there is super evil magic Zeref, there was an extraordinarily powerful mage of light whose strenght was on par with him.

However, one day, as the heighst of their battle lead the world to the brink of destruction, the Nirvit tribe triggered Nirvana and Zeref slipped to goodness learning the value of human life but the mage of light became a corrupt destroyer that sealed herself in order to prevent catastrophe.

Lucy and Layla descend from that light mage, their bloodline inherited the spirit of her while keeping her power sealed.

When the descendent of that mage is brought before the keys of darkness, the power of that mage will be reawaken and her corrupted spirit will take possession of it.

As both Zeref and his couterpart are now evil the balance of light and darkness will be broken beyond repair and their combined strenght will sink the world in the abyss.

The dragon slayers are the only force in the world who can prevent or undo such ocurrence.

Dude I think your theory is awesome! It actually makes a lot of sense. Even if it doesn't happen it was interesting reading it O.O

ShoobyDooBop
September 11, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm worrying about Zeref. Mashima, don't you make him a good guy who cares about human lives. PLEASE. He's supposed to be the most evil black mage that every good guy in FT world should hate. If Zeref isn't gonna be the main antagonist then I guess it will be the Black Dragon because Gildarts said it's an enemy of humanity and the other one is Acnologia. Though, we still don't know what the hell it is.

It's nice to see that Ultear and Meredy are gonna be together. Ultear is much more beautiful without the make up. She's really beautiful.

Blanka
September 11, 2011, 12:02 AM
Natsu's body, at least, is over 80 years old as he could not pass through barrier trap.
Black dragon s-class quest is 100years old, that Gildartz failed.
Zeref is 400 years old.
Zeref has a connection with Natsu.
7-7-7 occurs with Lucy's mom passing.
Acnologia is coming either and event or thing, triggered by using that magical enchantment.
I believe that Zeref is a dragonslayer who was taught by Acnologia, the only dragon to not leave the human's realm. The magic is darkness or death magic. Like the other dragon slayers his body naturally works with his element. IE his body will naturally absorb life.

1337 haxor
September 11, 2011, 12:14 AM
Dude I think your theory is awesome! It actually makes a lot of sense. Even if it doesn't happen it was interesting reading it O.O

Thanks!

I also think that Tartaros is the guild related to Lucy and this whole mistery regarding keys, they are themed after Greek Mythology.

If we look at it, each member of the Balam Alliance had a major theme of ancient religion.

Oracion Seis was themed after Shamanism and Hinduism.

Grimmoire Heart was themed after Norse Mythology and Christianity.

Tartaros as it's name says should be themed after Greek Mythology and something yet to be determined.

Lucy as a celestial mage has her main power linkened to the Zodiac and Greek Mythology of the constelations not to mention the use of gates.

If my theory is correct, she holds the power to open the Gates of Tartaros and unleash the real world of dark magic.

That's why I think she is related to that fallen light mage, the mage of heaven whose power once matched the dark mage Zeref has became the mage of hell that can unleash the powers of the abyss.

Ifrit
September 11, 2011, 12:19 AM
Natsu's body, at least, is over 80 years old as he could not pass through barrier trap.
Zeref is 400 years old.
Acnologia is coming either and event or thing, triggered by using that magical enchantment.
I believe that Zeref is a dragonslayer who was taught by Acnologia, the only dragon to not leave the human's realm. The magic is darkness or death magic. Like the other dragon slayers his body naturally works with his element. IE his body will naturally absorb life.

exactly I think there is something more dangerous than Zeref him self...what more dangerous than the dragon (Acnologia) that taught Zeref how to use magic.

I agree with you my prediction is Acnologia is the black dragon name. can't wait next chapter. Fairy Tail is just getting more and more interesting xDD

Darjaille
September 11, 2011, 12:23 AM

YES.
YES.
You guys just watch and see, Zeref is a black DragonSlayer and the last picture is his dragon approaching him *_* My bets are on it (my bets, so far weren't true though....)

It was very good, very cool chapter. Again, I'm interested in Zeref history, who made him weigh human lives (beforeNatsu, anyone? :p)?
Ultear is one of my fave characters from this day probably, even though it was cheesy, I really liked her change, her story and feelings. That Meldy saved her, it was absolutely in-character. Yep, we'll see more from them!

Ifrit
September 11, 2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks!

I also think that Tartaros is the guild related to Lucy and this whole mistery regarding keys, they are themed after Greek Mythology.

What Keys ? Zeref just said it's an old unreal story nothing more than "a false image" He was awake the whole time 0.0

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/75979972/5

BoobsMakeMeHappy
September 11, 2011, 12:31 AM
not a hundred percent sure wat was going on but im pretty sure mashima was trying to say there are two zerefs one tht refers to himself as ''arcnologia'' (i kno my spelling is terrible) and the other ''repentance'' ..................cause im pretty sure the last panels confirmed tht there r two zerefs

Ero-Sanji
September 11, 2011, 12:32 AM
Regarding Ultear its as i said a couple of weeks ago, her like many FT villains come off as teenagers with simple problems (laxus arc was this to a t), she is no different her whole motivation was because she thinks her mom basically screwed her over, learning this was the case would naturally eliminate all malice revealing she's pretty much as sweet as her mom lol.

I wouldn't really compare Ultear to Laxus, at all.
They are/were totally different, Laxus's heart was pure proven by the fact that his Fairy Law didn't hurt anyone. Ultear on the other hand was a psycho from the start, she mind f*cked a little innocent boy she didn't even know but the worst part of it all is that she was no more of age than he was... Laxus is the teenager with the identity problems, Ultear is a whole other case, imo. That's why her redemption was kind of cheap and to some disappointing because she was a great villain; Crazy, smart, cold-blooded and one heck of a femme fatale.

Anyway, about the chapter: It was pretty damn good!
First of all a chapter without any FT member, that's a first, no? Didn't really matter though, the way the scenes shifted was a sign of Mashima's skills as a manga-ka and a story teller at most. It really brought up a dualistic feeling of calmness and intensity, brilliant!

I hope Meredy and Ultear are finished characters and that they'll never return, I think it will be too forced and the only connection they have to FT is far too loose, IMO. I also hope that Zeref will be gone for a while know so that he we can focus more on the changes around FT, if any, with the promotions and Laxus etcetera.

What Keys ? Zeref just said it's an old unreal story nothing more than "a false image" He was awake the whole time 0.0

He meant the Zodiac keys of Lucy not the Zeref key.

Also about Zeref, if he was never asleep, then were has he been for the last 400 years?

Atobe the king
September 11, 2011, 01:44 AM
Zeref is 400 years old.

holy crap interesting theory i really would like this...

@ero-sanji, i think i worded it pretty bad, i agree with what you said though

zelllogan
September 11, 2011, 02:21 AM
I didn't understand a thing about this chapter.
Zeref was always awake ? He never had amnesia ? Real power at the time ?

Ifrit
September 11, 2011, 03:41 AM
I didn't understand a thing about this chapter.
Zeref was always awake ? He never had amnesia ? Real power at the time ?

Zeref said that he saw too many people getting killed...and one day he started to realize what human life price is and it's not something to take for granted....the man seen everything.

Still yes Ultear is really something to be able to defeat him. But he said "at that time" he still treasure the life of humans he didn't want to kill Ultear I think any magic this guy "Zeref" will cast is a magic that "Aim to kill".

I really like the way Zeref cast his spell on HADES " HADES used the same one "hand signals" on Team Natsu". Mashima is really something to always connect things even if took chapters or arcs between them.

HADES http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/247/12

Zeref http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/250/8

Zeref really took my fully attention I forgot to read the next title. As some of us said this arc didn't end yet.

" A BELOVED QUALIFICATION" : Shift back to our guys on Tenrou Island to finish the S-class exam. Every1 will agree that Cana should become the S-class member, despite she saying that she doesn't deserve it. Maybe in the end of chapter will get something about whats coming I don't think so tho. I think it will be S-class results then shift to the Council members talking about Zeref saying Acnologia and then it will be the end of the chapter.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

if he was never asleep, then were has he been for the last 400 years?

Zeref said his body was cursed. Apparently this curse what made him treasure the life of humans as long he treasure humans life he can never be able to kill some1 " on purpose" or use his "Black magic" properly. But seems that HADES really pissed him off so much that he just don't give a damn anymore .

is Zeref a bad guy? No, there is something worse than Zeref something even Zeref himself scared of it. "Acnologia"

We can't assume that he was asleep this is why he's 400 years old. look @ Natsu & Gajeel are they in sleep mode as well ?

We will never know the answer about the age thing until we know something about Natsu or Gajeel past.

wooticus
September 11, 2011, 04:13 AM
this chapter was sure epic but i don't. but i already dare to guess now, that zeref will be partly defeated by fairy tail (lucy?) making him remember the weight of human life and thus lowering his powers.

but all in all a pretty ok explanation for zerefs loss of powers - but wow, he has to be really bored staying 400 years on this island (his cloths are in pretty good shape considering this ;) ).

as for acnologia... it may indeed be the black dragon... this could maybe lead to the natsu crying scene when he finally sees a dragon. Maybe he is even summoning ALL dragons?

but it still can be something totally different.. but i don't think so. if it isn't about summoning someone or something why would that spell come with a delay? Moreover the council members seem to know about it so it can't be a total mystery and related to the 100 years quest gildartz took. But on the other side gildarts quest wasn't about killing the black dragon as far as we know, he just happened to meet that guy on his journey

kakashidad
September 11, 2011, 04:22 AM
It's sunday and there's only one thing to say....''REPENT'' lol.That was an epic shot of zeref.And i think i'm alittle
wiser because of it.Ultear tried to commit suicide!! was she that remorseful.I think mashimo went alittle too far
there..still.It made for dramictic effect no?

No faires in this issue just the side players of this arc,And a load of zeref..i wonder if he's really scared of this ancologia..(spelling) I knew he was not going to lead grimorie heart..hell that guild is dead! I mean what could rustylee and the
fat perv do anyway lol.

Not alot i say,not alot.Laters i'm ghost.Peace.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

not a hundred percent sure wat was going on but im pretty sure mashima was trying to say there are two zerefs one tht refers to himself as ''arcnologia'' (i kno my spelling is terrible) and the other ''repentance'' ..................cause im pretty sure the last panels confirmed tht there r two zerefs

Lmfao...and this is why there are so many of you that get dissaponited by this title.You make ***t up.Noway can it be construde that there were or are two zeref(as in indivdual beings).That just was not conveyed in this or any other chapter...just saying like.

Rarhyx
September 11, 2011, 04:58 AM
This is one of the chapters which hold me still to read FT >.<
It was awesome :3

And I think "The black mage Zeref" isn't an evil guy like everyone think's.
In this chapter it look's like he is somethin like an "antihero" imo.
sadly his power relies on how much souls he take / humans he kill :S
about his "two sides" I think it's still one zeref but his natural personality is a cry baby like we saw earlier and when he snaps out he is a boss.
(like in this chapter.)

Ero-Sanji
September 11, 2011, 06:18 AM
We can't assume that he was asleep this is why he's 400 years old. look @ Natsu & Gajeel are they in sleep mode as well ?

That's just it, if he weren't asleep then were has he been. First of all were are all so focused on Natsua nd Gazille being over eighty but they could likewise be reincarnated statues, this is FT, crazy things are possible. Second, we know for a fact that the DS age as "normal" people do but Zeref has been the same from what we have heard of him. Lastly, Zeref has a memory which Natsu, Gazeel and Wendy hasn't. So I think there's a major question mark around this large gap.

Zeref himself talked about a so called "cult" that made up the key story, yet, for 400 hundred years no one has never heard of nor seen this man. Where has he been hiding and why did he show up at this moment? The only thing I can think of is that prophecy Makarov talked about with the gathering of three dragon slayers leading to some event. Anyway, this chapter was really deep and mysterious!

Ifrit
September 11, 2011, 07:05 AM
That's just it, if he weren't asleep then were has he been. First of all were are all so focused on Natsua nd Gazille being over eighty but they could likewise be reincarnated statues, this is FT, crazy things are possible. Second, we know for a fact that the DS age as "normal" people do but Zeref has been the same from what we have heard of him. Lastly, Zeref has a memory which Natsu, Gazeel and Wendy hasn't. So I think there's a major question mark around this large gap.

Zeref himself talked about a so called "cult" that made up the key story, yet, for 400 hundred years no one has never heard of nor seen this man. Where has he been hiding and why did he show up at this moment? The only thing I can think of is that prophecy Makarov talked about with the gathering of three dragon slayers leading to some event. Anyway, this chapter was really deep and mysterious!

Gajeel & Wendy are not related at all to Zeref and none of them stand a chance against him ( if it's true he's a dragon slayer ). Igneel prepared Natsu for the fight against Zeref apparently ...the scarf Igneel gave to Natsu can defend him against Zeref magic.

And if the thing in the last page is really the black dragon approaching Zeref. I sooooo see the end like Natsu + Zeref + Wendy + Gajeel Vs the black dragon

and of course this time Natsu = The Wind+metal+black+fire dragon slayer after all of them give him their powers xD

NOTE= If Laxus was there what the hell add the Lighting as well LOL

meepers4982
September 11, 2011, 07:35 AM
i find the the fact that zeref is scared of this arcnologia really interesting, it sounds very possible that it is the dragon that was mention in chapter 168 and also the panel before zeref saying so is from the sky looking in on hades ship. I hope it is the dragon. The thing with the dragon slayers is that wendy is different from the rest of them. Mashima stated that she is 12 years old while for gajeel and natsu he left the age blank, they also have the most mystery surrounding their past. Im hoping that soon there will be an arc explaining their past. We know for a fact they are over 80 years old.

kakashidad
September 11, 2011, 08:56 AM

I like this post of yours alot...however there's one or two things i don't quite agree with...When you say DS ages
like normal human...well, no they don't lol.Just look at Makarov for instance..in this very arc. we get to see
what he looked like just 40 yrs ago...at that time.We don't know if natsu was apart of the guild yet..i'm assuming not.

Anyways i can't recall if it was the anime or the manga.Where we saw a young looking natsu..considering he's at
less 80 i'd have to say that the magic within the DS slows down time considerably compared to humans.

As for the ''cult'' zeref mentioned...any number of folks can form a cult...hell they said christianty was a cult.If you
get my drift.For all we know zeref could of been on tenrou island forever and was looking for solace with mavis?
Although i do like your take on fairytale aquiring 3 DS and this in itself been the trigger for zeref re-emergence.
This has a very high possiblity of ben accurate in my view...nice.

ca12nag3
September 11, 2011, 09:02 AM
Could someone tell us what those soundeffects are around Acnologia? I mean if its roars then its obviously a dragon :P Regardless of what kind. Another thing is that the council guys knew what it was and ran with their tails between their legs.
If its a dragon then the council hides information from the general public regarding magic and dragons. But that aint new :D

I loved the entire thing with Ultear and unlike some i dont find it cheap. And regarding the laxus/Ultear comparisson its not that far off. Both have a parent that made mistakes be it deliberate or not. Ul left her daughter behind with people she trusted she shouldnt have. And Ultear thought her mom forgot about her. And she left when she found out. Laxus father thinks less of his son, calls him a weakling. Its the main drive for him wanting a strong guild.

Anyways she found her happiness i think, with Meredy.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

i find the the fact that zeref is scared of this arcnologia really interesting, it sounds very possible that it is the dragon that was mention in chapter 168 and also the panel before zeref saying so is from the sky looking in on hades ship. I hope it is the dragon. The thing with the dragon slayers is that wendy is different from the rest of them. Mashima stated that she is 12 years old while for gajeel and natsu he left the age blank, they also have the most mystery surrounding their past. Im hoping that soon there will be an arc explaining their past. We know for a fact they are over 80 years old.

With all dragonslayers its unknown really, they are raised by dragons until the dragon disappeared. We do not know if they are semi immortal. That is that w/e the dragons did with them gave them long long life :D

sarutobi_sensei
September 11, 2011, 09:33 AM
Okay... soooo....

Zeref has always been awake and didn't want to use his power because he values human life. Wanna bet that it was because of Natsu and the other Dragon Slayers?

Urtear and Meldy moment was cute. Lets see them becoming friends with Fairy Tail now :D

Hades is apparently dead, Rustyrose and the other guy are probably the next ones. Zeref being scared of Acnologia is interesting, why would he be scared of it? What can it do? Can't wait for the next chapter.

Meepers4982 - well, I have a theory that all DS were alive 400 years ago, with the dragon's not being their former masters, but as their pets/partners, and used their power to stop something, Wendy using most of her power to make them revert into a childlike form that the dragon's then protected for hundreds of years until 7 years ago when they had to vanish. Why they had to vanish is connected to Layla of course.

exacta
September 11, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hades is dead......we didn't even get to see the extent of his powers. We didn't even get what I think was a good understanding of why he left Fairy Tail and what he saw, and what the hell the "Devil"s Eye" even is. We didn't even get to see these "keys" and we don't even know how Grimoire Heart collected them and their already useless. Mashima has pretty much buried Grimoire Heart in an ocean of his own excrements at this point. Not a bad chapter, but this wasn't the direction I was hoping this manga was going.....Grimoire Heart was an incredibly disappointing group of antagonists. And I get the feeling he'll probably do something to redeem Zeref later.

Acnologia could end up being a giant monster created to destroy the world like Endless was in Rave. The name and the context Zeref was using it in is starting to give me that vibe now actually.

And on another note, Urtear tried to freaking STAB HERSELF AND DROWN IN THE OCEAN!

Ya know. For kids.

eefrit
September 11, 2011, 09:58 AM
I am in-between on this chapter. I am highly disappointed in the way Hades was treated. It just doesn't sit right with me. While I didn't like the way he died, I do like the explanation Zeref gave on how his strength was held back. I'm hoping that he doesn't get the Hades treatment when his loss comes. As for Urtear and Meredy, I don't know how to feel about it. It seemed to...perfect? Happy? I don't know how to put it, but it was just to "fluffy" for my taste. And I usually like when villains repent. But this, along with Hades death, just didn't sit right with me. All in all, it was a decent chapter, but only because of Zeref's screen time.

mr.danly
September 11, 2011, 10:10 AM
Cool chapter (mostly because of Zeref)... Wasn't a huge fan of the Ultear and Meredy part, I would've been perfectly happy if Ultear had successfully committed suicide, but the whole "DON'T LEAVE ME I WUV YOUUUU" thing was definitely overkill. I snorted cereal out my nose because I was laughing when I saw that panel.

Acnologia seems to be the big mystery. What could it be? My guess is that it is (or is somehow related to) the black dragon that Gildartz lost his arm and leg to.

Rarhyx
September 11, 2011, 10:49 AM
I think Acnologia is something like etherion or this thing which ported ft to edolas (forgot the nam.. anima?)
because the council knows what Acnologia is...
and i don't think they know about a black dragon...

ErosVp
September 11, 2011, 11:25 AM
I didn't like what happened to Ultear. She was wasted like many others characters (Gerard, Mistgun, Hades), i thought Meldy could at least kill her and become the new female villain behind the scenes but no....

Zeref was pretty interesting. I said some chapters ago there was a war right? Now i'm really curious to see Zerefs connection with the dragon slayers, but more than anything i'm curious to see the background of what happened 400 years ago.... Shame we problaby won't see anything about it so soon...

kakashidad
September 11, 2011, 11:29 AM
@eefit
In regards to hades and how he was potrayed and died.I don't get the big fuss really?It was clear that he had
LOST his way,hence leaving ft in the first place.Makarov made him recall what he taught him in the last issue.
As for his death...well it looked like he just filled his shorts when zeref appeared.He had to die just for that lol.
Seriously though,He was well beaten up by the FAIRIES fact!And he had displayed the upper limits of his strenght.

What more could anyone have expected from him? I'm perfectly happy with how his demise came about..after all
it's a death right?probably not the one some wanted...shame that lol.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I didn't like what happened to Ultear. She was wasted like many others characters (Gerard, Mistgun, Hades), i thought Meldy could at least kill her and become the new female villain behind the scenes but no....

Zeref was pretty interesting. I said some chapters ago there was a war right? Now i'm really curious to see Zerefs connection with the dragon slayers, but more than anything i'm curious to see the background of what happened 400 years ago.... Shame we problaby won't see anything about it so soon...

Two out of the three you name...are in fact semblaces of zeref or have you not made that connection yet?...just asking like.

kkck
September 11, 2011, 11:38 AM
I like this post of yours alot...however there's one or two things i don't quite agree with...When you say DS ages
like normal human...well, no they don't lol.Just look at Makarov for instance..in this very arc. we get to see
what he looked like just 40 yrs ago...at that time.We don't know if natsu was apart of the guild yet..i'm assuming not.

Anyways i can't recall if it was the anime or the manga.Where we saw a young looking natsu..considering he's at
less 80 i'd have to say that the magic within the DS slows down time considerably compared to humans.

As for the ''cult'' zeref mentioned...any number of folks can form a cult...hell they said christianty was a cult.If you
get my drift.For all we know zeref could of been on tenrou island forever and was looking for solace with mavis?
Although i do like your take on fairytale aquiring 3 DS and this in itself been the trigger for zeref re-emergence.

Natsu has aged normally since he joined fairy tail though. Rather than natsu aging at a different rate, I would think he was kept sleeping while not aging for a couple hundred years.

ErosVp
September 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
Two out of the three you name...are in fact semblaces of zeref or have you not made that connection yet?...just asking like.

If Zeref is going to have a war against the world again, he could've used some talented villains for his army. Ultear redemption was cheap and predictable...

Ero-Sanji
September 11, 2011, 12:07 PM

1. The aging topic.

Natsu and the others are ageing like everyone else, remember Natsu as a toddler with Igneel or just look at Wendy... And no, Natsu was not a part of the guild, If I remember correctly Natsu even joined after Gray and yes they were younger and smaller. This is also the reason why I'm leaning more toward the statue rather than the +80 theory. I'm guessing they were reincarnated by the dragons breath or something like that.

2. The "Cult" topic.

What you said is just it, anyone could be part of a cult that's why I find it so strange that no one has ever found him for the last 4 centuries. If he was just wandering on Tenrou island then Mavis, Hades or Makarov would have found him along time ago, since I highly doubt this is the first time any of them visited this island. However, there's still the boy who stared at the ocean or whatever and there's still a possibility that Zeref was a part of FT and that's why he knew were the island were positioned.

Atobe the king
September 11, 2011, 12:10 PM
If Zeref is going to have a war against the world again, he could've used some talented villains for his army. Ultear redemption was cheap and predictable...

Huh? So whats she supposed to do? what would be her motivation to continue being a villain? Yeah her joining zerefs big bad army wouldn't be cheap and predictable in the slightest :^_^. And lol@wasted. Manga isn't quite over yet if you haven't noticed we don't know whats become of these characters you never know what he'll do with these characters. And i must be the only one who can't give two ****s about hades and is glad he's gone.

masgrande
September 11, 2011, 01:30 PM
The end of the chapter said Zeref was scare of Acnologia, but is he really afraid of it because is something stronger than him or could it be that he is afraid of it because it could destroy the world? The next arc might be about Zeref, Acnologia and the Dragon Slayers and we might finally get some information about the DS's past and their relation to Zeref, but going by the title of the next chapter it looks like it might focus on the fearies and not on Zeref.

ShoobyDooBop
September 11, 2011, 05:38 PM
Huh? So whats she supposed to do? what would be her motivation to continue being a villain? Yeah her joining zerefs big bad army wouldn't be cheap and predictable in the slightest :^_^. And lol@wasted. Manga isn't quite over yet if you haven't noticed we don't know whats become of these characters you never know what he'll do with these characters. And i must be the only one who can't give two ****s about hades and is glad he's gone.

Glade there is some who also doesn't give a shit about Hades. I don't care how he died. The guy deserved it.

BTW, where the heck is Bluenote? Still flying?

eefrit
September 11, 2011, 05:59 PM
On Hades, I expected more because he was the former master of Fairy Tail. They could have left out that aspect of the arc and nothing would have changed. It would have just been another big bad taken down. But the entrance they gave him hyped him up to be stronger than Marakov. It had seemed like he knew everything about magic. They never really explored more into his background. He just...left. Then died. This is the same a Zero. We knew nothing of his background and his other motives. He was just there to be evil. And he only became a threat when his other personality(which had no explanation, I might add) appeared. But then he was defeated and we never went back to him. I don't even think he was arrested. And don't get me started on Bluenote.

My main point is, I would like villains to be more than just villains. I want them to be explored and not just appear only to look menacing. This chapter gave Urtear a decent send off, why not the main guy who was a part of the stories main guild's history?

Also, if you keep a villain alive, please don't keep him alive just for fan service. I'm looking at you, Gerard.

1337 haxor
September 11, 2011, 07:55 PM
Bluenote is still a mistery, he was deputy commander of GH but I doubt he was part of the guild in the long term.

He himself said he couldn't care less about Zeref and that he was in Tenrou Island only for getting Fairy Glitter.

In my humble opinion that guy is a merc, the fact he didn't came back to the GH ship reinforces that theory.

It could be much to ask but maybe in the end we will see him departuring with a Tartaros task force after acquiring what Tartaros paid him for. I can totally see him being a double agent for another dark guild.

If not then perhaps Mashima will make him crash the graduation ceremony only for Cana to fry him with Fairy Glitter. That would be quite a comic reedemption for her.

RaveDragon
September 12, 2011, 03:55 AM
Thats kinda dissapointing the way hades didnt do some pheonix rising and payback for ft :/ but there seems to be bad moments for Zeref, whatever acknologia is its evil and trouble and seems to be taking over. I have no idea whats going to happen now though, im completely and utterly lost but i liked the ultear and meredy moment ^^

swordsaintscoot
September 12, 2011, 06:25 AM
wouldn't it be a kick in the nuts if acnologia was the black dragons name this whole time?

kkck
September 12, 2011, 05:32 PM
^Well, at large that has always been mashima's style. He introduces bad guys and they get defeated. Even in rave the only lasting bad guy was lucia and half the oracion 6 ended up converted.

I do think there is a good chance we will see hades and zancrow once again though. Hades seemed to have absorbed their souls but it would not be so strange if they reappeared revived as demons or something. I also think we are eventually going to see what exactly drove hades to this. Once the manga provides a better explanation of magic then perhaps we could understand why hades was driven into this insanity. Rustyrose and Kain are pretty much alive too and I doubt they have outright given up on the whole magical world thing so it is likely we will see them again (unless they are killed which is also likely).

hoeru
September 15, 2011, 06:27 PM
don't know if it would fit better into the last chapters threads but... do you think that azuma may return after ultear restored the tenro tree? ö_Ö

Krono
September 15, 2011, 10:54 PM
don't know if it would fit better into the last chapters threads but... do you think that azuma may return after ultear restored the tenro tree? ö_Ö

Probably not. He's got better potential for returning than say Zancrow, Zoldeo, or at this point Hades, as he's technically alive and theoretically something could cause him to revert to being a human. Even so, him turning into a tree was pretty much a way of killing him off that was not too graphic and ambiguous enough that Mashima could bring him back if he really wanted to, but it was still killing him off.