PDA

View Full Version : New Writer on the Board

Youshi
September 06, 2011, 01:35 AM
I really don't have any other accomplishments other than incessant writing, so I figured I'd go with that.

よろしく Everyone, I am glad to get a chance to discuss manga, art, and stories, which are my main hobbies. Ultimately, I'm looking to have my stories drawn by a better artist than myself, but I'll be hanging out here until then and submitting some sample stuff, chatting with you all about various random happenings.

Anyone reading the Bakuman manga by Ohba will understand how I didn't even think about writing for manga until I read Bakuman. Then, I started sifting through my "novel ideas" and found that most of them could easily be read as a manga as well. I've been reading manga for years, and I was shocked I hadn't thought of this before!

However, it's all easier theorized than proven, and I have a long way to go until then. But I hope to continue with this new inspiration, as long as I get to write!

Sincerely,

Youshi

phio_chan
September 06, 2011, 07:44 AM
Welcome to MangaHelpers, Youshi! :D Yay for more writers~ You write novels? So cool.

About your avatar. I think the katakana there reads 'you' and 'shi'. Does the kanji at the left means 'you' and 'shi' too? Does the word 'youshi' itself have a special meaning?