PDA

View Full Version : Asclepius' manga recommention thread

Asclepius
September 09, 2011, 03:35 PM
Hi, there.
Welcome to this thread and i hope you enjoy the mangas mentioned as much as me.

Note that i will recommend mostly Boys Love (yaoi and Shounen-ai) titles. That means that all mangas will present at least men kissing each other and possibly positions of sex, but not front nudity, the pubic area is blurred or covered.

You can also find more info in the Boys Love section (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/764-Boys-Love), where part of the following manga has its own discussion thread. Feel free to participate there also.
-
Junjou Romantica

* Mangaka: Nakamura Shungiku
* Demographic: shojo
* Genre: Yaoi
* Plot: development of the relationship between Usagi and the younger brother of his best friend (and platonic love) is the main plt. There are other 2 pairing with parallel stories.
* Why You Recommend It: It has lots of comedy moments and the drama of having to hide the homosexual condition from everyone.
* Warning: sex
-
Super Lovers

* Mangaka: Abe Miyuki
* Genre: shounen-ai
* Plot: relationship between 3 brothers and the new adopted brother after the car accident that killed their parents.
* Why You Recommend It: It's a drama with lots of brotherly love, funny and sweet scenes. A very light story to relax.
-
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi

* Mangaka: Nakamura Shungiku
* Plot: development of the relationship of workers from a shoujo department (all editors). Main story focus on the section chief and the new employee. Second story is about another editor and a bookstore employee. Third story is about an editor and the mangaka he is responsable for.
* Why You Recommend It: The manga world is show with lots of comedy here. Less drama than Junjou Romantica.
-
ZE

* Mangaka: Yuki Shimizu
* Plot: a very interesting story about a family able to use supernatural power (kotodama) on different situations. As penalty, they suffer injuries from different levels and they have to use supernatural beings (kami) to cure their injury faster. Their relationship is so intimate that love and friendship happens often.
* Why You Recommend It: Interesting story with nice explanation of the supernatural process, different pairings, comedy and art attracted me to this manga.
-
Koi suru boukun (The tyrant falls in love)

* Mangaka: Takanaga Hinako
* Plot: the relationship between Morinaga and his homophobic senpai with whom he falls in love.
* Why You Recommend It: Lots of comedy and great art.