PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Ao no Exorcist Ch. 29 Discussion | Ch. 30 Prediction

earthforge
September 15, 2011, 09:35 PM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Ao no Exorcist!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule: Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released. For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release. Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars. Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section. The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.Spoiler Pics and Translations: At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers. This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured. Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages. Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread. Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.For-Profit Download Links If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post. Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules. Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice. Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement. *.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*Formatting: We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg) http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

[hr]

riki
October 01, 2011, 11:29 PM
Source: 2ch
Credit: V3gLFGXM0, MH
Verification: Confirmed
青 最終ページ下書き
クロの背中にのってたすぐろが結界張ってふじょうおうとじこめる
ゆきお兄貴が好きだったけど嫌いだったと告白
それでもそれを超えられない弱い自分が嫌いだったとふっきれて藤堂を魔方陣の中に追い込む
水の精霊みたいなのを召還し逆転したような展開になるも藤堂普通に精霊ぶっ飛ばして陣から出てくる
最後のページは普通に下書き

-

表紙こみで 24P

It looks like the chapter will be only 24 pages.

earthforge
October 02, 2011, 01:47 AM
Thanks so much riki! Sorry for not responding to the PM, just saw it!

At first I was "24 pages? Noooo, she isn't trying to go to WSJ, is she?" Then I checked her blog and found that she had done the covers and stuff for the AoNoEx Color Bible and something called "The TimeKillers".

Damn, I need a translation badly! Looks like mostly Toudou and Yukio. Hoping for a detailed mindscrew or Yukio doing a badass maneuver.

Kryanka
October 02, 2011, 12:59 PM
Only 24???
C'mon, another short chapter like this one and I'm gonna... dunno, but it'll hurt. Have you seen the raw already, earth? Is it really about Yukio and Toudou? Not that I'm not interested in Yukio's state of mind, but I'd like to see Rin in real action too.

earthforge
October 02, 2011, 03:25 PM
I wish I had. Then I might have not dreamed last night that I read a google translation that translated the spoiler perfectly and was talking about Toudou's specific manipulations of Yukio. Moral of the story: don't read untranslated spoilers right before bed.

But yeah, the spoilers mention Yukio and Toudou a lot, including possibly Yukio acknowledging he hated and loved his brother. But again, it's with the help of Google translate, take it with a grain of salt as I could've easily misunderstood the tenses.

sakura_fai
October 02, 2011, 08:44 PM
Is there a link to her blog, earthforge? :D :D :D

And, I kinda want her to go to WSJ, (although I'm afraid the plot quality will go down), which means more ao no exorcist goodness each week except for 24-30 pages a month. D';

I don't see Yukio's name in the spoiler...Though I do see the kanji for end of world; Brother or Aniki which is what Yukio calls Rin. and the character: weak. >.> The rest of the hiragana=???

halfcrzy
October 02, 2011, 10:26 PM
Nooo Thats terrible news! last chapter we only had like 21 pages of actual manga. This month its like 25 -.- we have another hoshino(DGM) on our hands. And dont get me wrong i think this is an awesome manga, but before you get crazy making other projects i think you should work on your manga that got you the popularity to begin with. Too many side projects and you get a manga that never goes anywhere.

earthforge
October 03, 2011, 12:23 AM
half: Kazue is not like Hoshino. Unlike Hoshino, Kazue has had a decent track record of keeping an average page-length of 35-40. I also give Kazue a lot more lenience because unlike Hoshino, Kazue has a standard she holds to. I got sick of how DGM petered out slowly because Hoshino has incurable wrist issues and is making up the story as she goes. Kazue at least keeps the story quality from suffering and returns to the typical 35-40 page lengths after a lot of her additional works are done.

Kazue's blog is here (http://katoukikaku.jugem.jp/). Actually, her releases this month are really great! Shefinished the work for the AoNoEx Color Bible (I assume it holds all the color pages, wouldn't that be awesome to own!? I love her color pages so much!) and on a book of several of her short stories, including "The Miyama-Uguisu Mansion Incident", the pilot of AoNoEx which you can find online, and "HoshiOta", a short story that we lost the scans for with a protagonist that looks much like Yukio. So honestly, I am not worked up over this.

I really don't want Kazue to go to WSJ; I much prefer her detailed Square chapters. Also, Square is much less intense, and Kazue already has tons of fun balancing her cash cow.

So... I didn't notice, but somebody thought that Kuro was mentioned. I wonder if the water bullet had more of an effect on Toudou than Toudou realized. Hmmmmmm...

Negative Syndicate
October 03, 2011, 01:52 PM
At first I was "24 pages? Noooo, she isn't trying to go to WSJ, is she?" Then I checked her blog and found that she had done the covers and stuff for the AoNoEx Color Bible and something called "The TimeKillers".

Only 24???
C'mon, another short chapter like this one and I'm gonna... dunno, but it'll hurt. Have you seen the raw already, earth? Is it really about Yukio and Toudou? Not that I'm not interested in Yukio's state of mind, but I'd like to see Rin in real action too.

Nooo Thats terrible news! last chapter we only had like 21 pages of actual manga. This month its like 25 -.- we have another hoshino(DGM) on our hands. And dont get me wrong i think this is an awesome manga, but before you get crazy making other projects i think you should work on your manga that got you the popularity to begin with. Too many side projects and you get a manga that never goes anywhere.

I think there might be either of two reasons for this: 1. she is busy work on extra volumes, like series of one shots and color books; or 2. when you look at this month's ToC (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/16389-Jump-SQ-%28Monthly-Shounen-Mag-by-Shueisha%29?p=2617668#post2617668) for Jump SQ, it had six one shots, thus some series have to shorten the pages.

And, I kinda want her to go to WSJ, (although I'm afraid the plot quality will go down), which means more ao no exorcist goodness each week except for 24-30 pages a month. D';

I don't want Ao no Exorcist to move to WSJ because I don't want SQ to be recycle bin for WSJ. SQ didn't really had its own successful series, most of them are from WSJ and MSJ; Ao no Exorcist is first actual hit series that soley came from SQ and I don't want WSJ to take away from SQ.

sakura_fai
October 03, 2011, 09:18 PM
:/ True, WSJ is quite generic, stereotypical shounen and not very detailed, but I kinda wish Ao No Exorcist was a weekly manga. >.> IT's such a good storyline, and hard to wait for. XD

I don't want Ao no Exorcist to move to WSJ because I don't want SQ to be recycle bin for WSJ. SQ didn't really had its own successful series, most of them are from WSJ and MSJ; Ao no Exorcist is first actual hit series that soley came from SQ and I don't want WSJ to take away from SQ.

What about Kuroshitsuji? I know it came from Square Enix, but wasn't it always published in SQ?

And I love your signature btw.

She's busy b/c of the Color Bible (Is it really just the color pages or an official artbook with new pictures? x'3)
But since the anime ended and the movie's starting, she might be busy with that. True, she might not have much a say or writing the plot, but usually anime adaptions or movies need the author to take part in someway. ^^;;

Ooo~! She's released a book of mini-stories called The Time Killers Interesting.

And well, 25 pages is better than absolutely nothing. :D I'd rather an AWESOME 25 pages which is what Kazue Kato usually gives us, rather than a dull, derp 40-50 pages chapter.

Does anyone know if Kuro's name is written in hiragana or kanji? XD I'm quite curious, cause I can't see the word, kuro in the spoiler.

x'3 I'm really curious, anyone at least have the jap raws? XD

Negative Syndicate
October 04, 2011, 12:20 AM
What about Kuroshitsuji? I know it came from Square Enix, but wasn't it always published in SQ?

Kuroshitsuji is serializing in GFantasy from Square Enix since it begin. Maybe you're mistaking as SQ for Jump SQ. stands for Square Enix; actually, SQ for Jump SQ stands for Supreme Quality and a public square, not Square Enix. GFantasy and Jump SQ. are from totally different publishers.

Does anyone know if Kuro's name is written in hiragana or kanji? XD I'm quite curious, cause I can't see the word, kuro in the spoiler.

Kuro's name is written as katakana.

---------- Post added October 04, 2011 at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was October 03, 2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

Ao no Exorcist will be absent on next month's issue.

earthforge
October 04, 2011, 01:30 AM
Some theorizing on the forums that the spoiler might refer to a water spirit. Hm. Wonder if Yukio has more cards up his sleeve?

:cookiestare

:gwah

:scry

Hangedman
October 04, 2011, 07:32 AM
chapter 29 chinese scan here (http://thenamelessteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=48070403)

earthforge
October 04, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yukio pulled a badass. You win Anya.

I so much adore Yukio's "I got you ya son of a bitch" look. It looks like the final water spirit attack failed, and now Toudou's dispensed with the mindscrew and has moved on to just trying to kill Yukio. Issue is, how can Yukio get out of this? I think mentally now he's mostly out of the woods. Physically, Toudou is stronger though and now just wants to kill him.

Loved all the flashbacks (youngest child with issues much Yukio? But hey, he got over it spectacularly). So Bon noticed that Rin is still scared shitless of drawing Kurikara - we've now moved on to the more important main character stuff of this arc.

Kryanka
October 04, 2011, 12:48 PM
Yukio pulled a badass. You win Anya.I was going to ask you what was it that we were discussing so fiercely, because I don't even remember betting. But I remembered. I'm soooo relieved that Yukio made it. There's nothing like a moment when you can love one of your favorite characters even more :D Kazue Katou (I still don't know which is her name) is a genius.

Although now I feel spoiled rotten.

Ao no Exorcist will be absent on next month's issue.[Sit's in a corner and cuts herself]

About the new chapter: I love how Kuro keeps Bon in place with one of his tails :D Rin doesn't need such support, as he's got demon's agility.
Yukio looks like he's about to cry thinking about Rin. So cute...
Bon looks exhausted after casting the spell.
Yukio looks like personification of awesomeness.
Only tamers can summon spirits, right? They did so with the fire spirit. So Yukio is a tamer too? Wow. Go, Yukio, you're going to kick Toudou's ass :D

fanatik
October 04, 2011, 10:38 PM
Meh, no chapter next month, an epic fail of an anime (in its second half), and a short short current chapter, in Chinese to boot which I can't read, definitely not in this life. And if we add to that the feeling that the current arc is clearly weaker in comparison to the previous ones.... argh, my frustration is building up fast. I think I'll pass on looking at the chapter for now, at least till its Japanese or English version is out: no point in aggravating my frustrations by looking at something I won't understand a word of and which lacks Mephi's awesomeness to make up for it at least partially.

sakura_fai
October 04, 2011, 10:58 PM
Summary of ch. 29: Yukio responding to Toudou's statement: "You really hate your brother, don't you?" (LOVE the Yukio cover page btw,) Then we skip to Rin and Bon on Kuro. Bon' sees the spore sack, and wonders how to kill it when its hearts is already removed and the difficulties of killing it. (Rofl on p. 5, Rin's talking about how the Impure King's ...spore sack/ball looks like a meat ball, and he wants to eat it. XD Bon wonders about Rin's brain and whether Rin's brain works or not)
Bon comments that he's afraid to die, and Rin says that's why they decided who shall attack with Rock, Paper, Scissors. Rin says he'll succeed this time because everyone promised to try their best, so they should too. ..Rin makes a comment about Bon being a princess that needs to stay put, Bon restorts, and Rin comments on Bon's pitiful appearance. Rin charges in with his "trusty steed, Kuro (exact words, ppl.)" while Bon does his Aria thing.

Yukio: "Since I was small, I always admired Ni-san, but at the same time, I was really, really, really, really, unsatisfied."

Skip to Bon who wants to protect the monk and the family, and resolves to put 100% into destroying the Impure King.and then he releases a fire protective barrier?

Then skip to Toudou who's taunting Yukio, Yukio smirks, and then reveals there are seals all over the place, releasing water spirits. And Toudou's like: When did you-?!
Yukio's thought bubble: "Yukio, always be, , honest to yourself, at least a little bit." (I think these are Fujimoto's words to Yukio, and Shura's repeated it to him)

(OMG, aww!!! :( ) Ok, so Yukio tells Toudou: "I like and hate my brother, but compared to that, the thing I hate the most is my weaker, younger self. The person I hate the most is myself! " And then blasts Toudou with a water ball
"Yukio's Thoughs "First time, I've exerted my strength like that...."
Summary of what Toudou says: Hahaha, good job, tricking me like that, with those water spirits. But they're too weak. So that's your answer huh? You really are interesting, too bad it's pitiful that I have to kill you. You will die right now at my hands.
Caption: ...With difference in strength, will Yukio suceed? (or something along the lines. :P)

So yeah, if no one translates it by this weekend, I'll try to get to it.

But damn, Poor Yukio! He can't see well unless he has his glasses!!!
Otherwise, it's not a very advancing chapter except Bon's created a barrier, Yukio's given his answers, and about to be strangled by Toudou, and...Rin is charging into Impure King....great. and no chap in Nov. >.>

earthforge
October 04, 2011, 11:47 PM
Thankya, sakura-san! stephy also posted a line-by-line translation on MFox (http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/301392-Chapter-29-rough-translation). I should reallly be studying for thursday midterms, but... SKA-WEEEEE!~ Yukio jumped to #2 favorite character (behind Shiro of course, cause no one can top Shiro for me.)

Yep, Anya. You were right. I was taking Yukio to be much more melodramatic and was seeing into the nature of last chapter's cliffie way too much. Then again, I honestly think this is the first time we've seen Yukio in a pinch do such a badass maneuver (previously he's just been saving asses and whatnot, but this chapter proves the reason why he's a prodigy.) I was also silly to assume that Yukio had never fought these thoughts before. Yukio's not stupid, and he's probably considered blaming his family/friends/the world for his burdens sometimes. But he kicked himself out of it, and acknowledges that, yes he has weaknesses, but it is only himself he can blame for his weaknesses.

Here I dump my hypothesis that Yukio will be possessed. Because with that strength of will and attitude, I cannot see him falling unless under a much more skilled manipulator. Plus, Toudou will probably be killed sooner or later.

Darn it... I feel like I owe you something now... (you feel spoiled rotten? Better than my initial "wuuuut? I was wrong? *angsts and scratches head*")

So, Yukio is in trouble. He's probably out of energy from playing cat-and-mouse with Toudou long enough to create the seals plus the strain of summoning those familiars. Back-up perhaps? Shiemi and Kamiki? I noticed the fire barrier did not form where Toudou and Yukio were fighting.

Oni_James
October 05, 2011, 11:46 AM
Bon's chants as badass as usual. It's a shame the anime went wrong and crashed ending in the process, this moment + Kazuya Nakai would have been epic.
So we finally have a taste of Yukio's techniques or strong points and Toudou spoils the fun.

About this...sorry, it may be Spain's fault. Katou Kazue will be present at a manga event here in Barcelona on 29th, 30th, 31th of October and first of November since series is getting published by Norma Editorial.
The Editorial itself had offered the chance to send some questions to them via mail, from which only the best ones will get a prize and chance of being answered by Kazue herself. It's a shame deadline for the questions was September 30 and I realized too late -.-

Kryanka
October 05, 2011, 04:18 PM
Bon admitted Rin is not an idiot!! It's like a new era begun in AnE 0.o
Rin acted so happy and nonchalantly (and wisely too, I admit it) that I felt like it was a set up for something very sad that may happen later and this time Bon will be openly on Rin's side. The chapter was full of Rin/Bon goodness :)
So Yukio felt inferior watching Shiemi smile at Rin? -.- I do not like the idea of the brothers fighting for a girl. Tell me I'm misinterpreting things, please.
I love how Yukio's arm is drawn shortened in difficult perspective (dunno how it's called in english) on page 14.
Yukio's super badass face. I love it.
Love it how the drawings got more sketchy when Yukio was exhausted from summoning familiars and even more when he hit a tree.

Kuro was awesome, he didn't fight yet, but he seems to be very strong. Looks like Rin is afraid of absolutely nothing but himself going berserk.

Yep, Anya. You were right. I was taking Yukio to be much more melodramatic and was seeing into the nature of last chapter's cliffie way too much. Then again, I honestly think this is the first time we've seen Yukio in a pinch do such a badass maneuver (previously he's just been saving asses and whatnot, but this chapter proves the reason why he's a prodigy.) I was also silly to assume that Yukio had never fought these thoughts before. Yukio's not stupid, and he's probably considered blaming his family/friends/the world for his burdens sometimes. But he kicked himself out of it, and acknowledges that, yes he has weaknesses, but it is only himself he can blame for his weaknesses.Well said (and it does feel like I was saying this before :D )

I love it that Yukio's badassness comes from his intelligence, strong will and good heart (and the fact that he's ambidextrous), not some half-baked newly found super powers. We thought he was crumbling under Toudou's psychoanalysis and his own issues, getting hit and unable to aim - while he was actually deceiving the devil himself, outsmarting him in plain view, hitting perfectly in extremely difficult conditions, then finishing by revealing he's meister in three not two specialties and activating a spell with blood from a wound we thought was a proof he was loosing.

I'm in AWE. He's exactly my type of guy - so intelligent it's badass, but still good and lovely person, plus glasses are my fetish and let me tell you, I have a very warm spot for teachers barely older than his students. I just love this guy so much.

Here I dump my hypothesis that Yukio will be possessed. Because with that strength of will and attitude, I cannot see him falling unless under a much more skilled manipulator. Plus, Toudou will probably be killed sooner or later.Haha, yeah, he failed spectacularly! Well, not yet, but he's just an average demon now. Yukio will probably need help finishing him though.

Darn it... I feel like I owe you something now... Nah... I didn't like that paying up for wrong theories thingy in the first place.

(you feel spoiled rotten? Better than my initial "wuuuut? I was wrong? *angsts and scratches head*")Sorry, I tried to be eloquent and failed. I meant that when I read that Yukio outsmarted Toudou I thought "ops, I didn't want to know it so fast". So I felt bad that I read the spoiler. Yeah, I noticed the word "Spoiler" in the thread name :D

So, Yukio is in trouble. He's probably out of energy from playing cat-and-mouse with Toudou long enough to create the seals plus the strain of summoning those familiars. Back-up perhaps? Shiemi and Kamiki? I noticed the fire barrier did not form where Toudou and Yukio were fighting.I don't think so - they have Tatsuma to take care of and he's, well, fat and can't move. Shima and Koneko? They were surrounded by the Impure King, so looks like they need help too. Maybe Bon's seal worked so well that exorcist have time to help Yukio and the boys? Maybe the class will not even fight in this arc after all, which is great, because they're still exwires and shouldn't save the day so early in the manga. I wonder how Rin will finish the Impure King now, he was absolutely awesome in this chapter.

About this...sorry, it may be Spain's fault. Katou Kazue will be present at a manga event here in Barcelona on 29th, 30th, 31th of October and first of November since series is getting published by Norma Editorial.You lucky guys, you :(

earthforge
October 05, 2011, 10:02 PM
Bon admitted Rin is not an idiot!! It's like a new era begun in AnE 0.o

Bon said that all along though, when he told Rin "don't forget that you have friends". It's just that now he's gotten over most of his conspiracy theory with Rin and his father.

Rin acted so happy and nonchalantly (and wisely too, I admit it) that I felt like it was a set up for something very sad that may happen later and this time Bon will be openly on Rin's side. The chapter was full of Rin/Bon goodness :)

Oh yes, so much <3~. I feel we are still approaching the maximum for Rin and Bon goodness! Those two are just adorable. I love how Bon gets pissed with Rin being all high and mighty but then realizing, as Rin's hand is shaking, that Rin is afraid but trying to stay strong.

So Yukio felt inferior watching Shiemi smile at Rin? -.- I do not like the idea of the brothers fighting for a girl. Tell me I'm misinterpreting things, please.

I believe Yukio felt always just a single step behind Rin in each flashback. How Rin didn't care if he was credited or not for something (e.g. putting a blanket on Fujimoto when he fell asleep). How Rin was happy for the owners who lost their dog even when Yukio was upset at losing the dog. How even when Yukio shoved Rin away when Rin scared away the bullies (probably because Yukio was partially embarrassed that he was always being the one saved), Rin didn't hold it against Yukio. And how with Shiemi, Rin pulled her into the light.

So no, don't see Shiemi as the straw that broke the ice-man's back. He's just slightly envious that Rin was able to draw her out of her navel. I think actually that Yukio and Shiemi are similar there - both of them don't like how weak they were when they were younger. We are seeing Shiemi maturing out of her weakness. We are seeing Yukio, who has grown way past his weakness, continue to fight against it.

If we see issues with Yukio again, I believe it would have more to do with feeling superfluous when his brother surpasses him. But that day is far into the future and I have faith now in Yukio's ability to handle it.

Yukio's super badass face. I love it.

Inorite? Sooo going to be my sig pic - his face just SCREAMS "I got you now, you son of a bitch."

Love it how the drawings got more sketchy when Yukio was exhausted from summoning familiars and even more when he hit a tree.

That's happened before, it will probably be fixed in the tankobon. It isn't intentional. Just seems like the editors skipped a page or Kazue couldn't finish it.

I love it that Yukio's badassness comes from his intelligence, strong will and good heart (and the fact that he's ambidextrous), not some half-baked newly found super powers. We thought he was crumbling under Toudou's psychoanalysis and his own issues, getting hit and unable to aim - while he was actually deceiving the devil himself, outsmarting him in plain view, hitting perfectly in extremely difficult conditions, then finishing by revealing he's meister in three not two specialties and activating a spell with blood from a wound we thought was a proof he was loosing.

Well, as Toudou said, Yukio isn't a Meister in Tamer, but he has the talent. I think this tells us that the qualifications for a Meister are a lot more than we previously thought (if Yukio isn't a Tamer with summoning 8 familiars, who is?).

I think Yukio was actually affected by Toudou's words, leading him to get really shaken for a few seconds. But after a bit of angsting and kicking himself, he pulled himself together. I think his plan was there all along though - to create the magic circles to surround Toudou. But the speech of "I hate my weaker younger self - I hate myself the most!" came out of him fighting Toudou's words.

I think also Yukio is more stable now, cause previously he didn't acknowledge his weakness and that bothered me. Now he has stated it and has successfully fought it.

Haha, yeah, he failed spectacularly! Well, not yet, but he's just an average demon now. Yukio will probably need help finishing him though.

Toudou has the skills of an Upper Second Class exorcist too along with an Upper Class demon (Karura is fracking strong). So... I don't think Yukio can't completely handle Toudou on his own.

I don't think so - they have Tatsuma to take care of and he's, well, fat and can't move. Shima and Koneko? They were surrounded by the Impure King, so looks like they need help too. Maybe Bon's seal worked so well that exorcist have time to help Yukio and the boys? Maybe the class will not even fight in this arc after all, which is great, because they're still exwires and shouldn't save the day so early in the manga. I wonder how Rin will finish the Impure King now, he was absolutely awesome in this chapter.

Bon's seal reminded me of entering in a License Key for software, with Karura saying "you have stated the spell correctly." XD

But I'm worried - GouhaEn turns years of life into flames. Plus, barriers from summoned demons rely on the summoner's stamina (e.g. Shiemi and Niichan in the Exwire exam). Bon can't keep up the barrier forever. Rin is going to have to pull himself together quickly or he needs backup.

Kryanka
October 06, 2011, 03:40 PM
Bon said that all along though, when he told Rin "don't forget that you have friends". It's just that now he's gotten over most of his conspiracy theory with Rin and his father.Ah, you're right, but that time Bon said it like "don't get me wrong, I don't think you're stupid..." and this time it hit him and he had to admit it to himself that he underestimated Rin even though he felt there was more to this idiot that meets the eye.

Oh yes, so much <3~. I feel we are still approaching the maximum for Rin and Bon goodness! Those two are just adorable. I love how Bon gets pissed with Rin being all high and mighty but then realizing, as Rin's hand is shaking, that Rin is afraid but trying to stay strong.Right? And when they landed, first thing Ban said was " You're not going to take everything wholly upon yourself again, are you?" and then thought of Rin while setting up the seal. How sweet is that? I didn't notice Rin's hand shaking and I'm not sure it means he's scared of the IK - he looks absolutely happy fighting. But I dunno what could it be, this panel.
They keep talking and joking about being scared when their main problem is coincidentally Rin's fear of using his power. They will have to do something with it or Rin will have to break his promise to Bon and have Kuro take Bon back to some safe place so that Rin won't be scared of hurting him with his flames. If that happens, Bon's going to be furious.

So no, don't see Shiemi as the straw that broke the ice-man's back. He's just slightly envious that Rin was able to draw her out of her navel.I hope you're right. When I think about it, Rin has helped that way many people: Yukio, Shiemi, Bon, Kamiki and Koneko, but Yukio witnessed only helping Shiemi, so maybe that's why he thought of her.

That's happened before, it will probably be fixed in the tankobon. It isn't intentional. Just seems like the editors skipped a page or Kazue couldn't finish it.Oh. Well, I like it this way too.

Well, as Toudou said, Yukio isn't a Meister in Tamer, but he has the talent. I think this tells us that the qualifications for a Meister are a lot more than we previously thought (if Yukio isn't a Tamer with summoning 8 familiars, who is?).Yeah, he's not a meister, but he is a tamer. Inexperienced, but still :D

I think Yukio planned to set up the seal as soon as he shot Toudou with water spirit bullets to check if that would work. He went on with the plan while Toudou was mindscrewing him. Yukio probably didn't completely got over his issues, but he's a person who can accept them and continue to be deadly effective. I think Shura will be happy to see Yukio is not prone to possession after all.

Toudou has the skills of an Upper Second Class exorcist too along with an Upper Class demon (Karura is fracking strong). So... I don't think Yukio can't completely handle Toudou on his own.No idea who could help him at this moment. Shura, Shima's brother, exorcists, Kamiki and Shiemi, Shima and Koneko? I'd say Toudou could kidnap Yukio, but he said himself he's going to kill. Maybe he'll gravely injure him and leave to die? But he did exactly that with Tatsuma, so that'd make him really pathetic demon. I dunno.

Bon's seal reminded me of entering in a License Key for software, with Karura saying "you have stated the spell correctly." XDLol :D

earthforge
October 07, 2011, 02:33 AM
(Oh man, I'm having a bloody hell of a day and night. Had two major midterms consecutive, fretting in the lab while recovering from aforementioned midterms, rush home, and have a sibling explosion. Sheezus frist on a popsicle state, if I hear more of this "everyone is controlling me" nonsense, I will throw somethin'. I find it offensive. *vents*)

Right? And when they landed, first thing Ban said was " You're not going to take everything wholly upon yourself again, are you?" and then thought of Rin while setting up the seal. How sweet is that? I didn't notice Rin's hand shaking and I'm not sure it means he's scared of the IK - he looks absolutely happy fighting. But I dunno what could it be, this panel.

Rin's hand holding the sword is shaking as he declares "we're going to win". I think Bon remembered that Rin isn't a total idiot or gloryhound. Rin is afraid too, and despite all that, Rin is forging ahead. So Bon thinks to himself "I know. This guy's not a simple minded idiot." It's an acknowledgement of Rin.

They keep talking and joking about being scared when their main problem is coincidentally Rin's fear of using his power. They will have to do something with it or Rin will have to break his promise to Bon and have Kuro take Bon back to some safe place so that Rin won't be scared of hurting him with his flames. If that happens, Bon's going to be furious.

Interesting - come to think of it, this chapter is a lot about fear and getting over it.

The very act of Rin running from Bon would be indicative of a fear he hasn't conquered. I think Rin will have to use his flames in a similar way to what he did in chapter 9 in order to get the sporangium from a distance. Bon will also have to remind Rin why they are there (like how Rin was playfully mocking Bon in this chapter).

I think Yukio planned to set up the seal as soon as he shot Toudou with water spirit bullets to check if that would work. He went on with the plan while Toudou was mindscrewing him. Yukio probably didn't completely got over his issues, but he's a person who can accept them and continue to be deadly effective. I think Shura will be happy to see Yukio is not prone to possession after all.

My point was that the words did affect him. I agree that his plan from the beginning (when he tested the water bullet) was to set up the seals. He faltered briefly with Toudou's mindscrew, but kicked himself and that just made his counter-attack that much more sweet.

Yeah, though I don't think Yukio will tell Shura that upfront. She would have a field day with scaredy glasses angst.

No idea who could help him at this moment. Shura, Shima's brother, exorcists, Kamiki and Shiemi, Shima and Koneko? I'd say Toudou could kidnap Yukio, but he said himself he's going to kill. Maybe he'll gravely injure him and leave to die? But he did exactly that with Tatsuma, so that'd make him really pathetic demon. I dunno.

In Toudou's mind, he already gave Yukio a chance, but Yukio was just out of reach of his lies. Since Yukio knows of Toudou's abilities, he must be killed. I wonder if Yukio could escape if Toudou is distracted by something else (not an ally).

If Toudou was smarter, he would knife Yukio and be done with it, but draaaaamaaaaa...

Negative Syndicate
October 07, 2011, 08:38 AM
Katou made mistake. Ao no Exorcist not going to take break on next month; it going to take break on December.

Kryanka
October 07, 2011, 12:52 PM
Rin's hand holding the sword is shaking as he declares "we're going to win". I think Bon remembered that Rin isn't a total idiot or gloryhound. Rin is afraid too, and despite all that, Rin is forging ahead. So Bon thinks to himself "I know. This guy's not a simple minded idiot." It's an acknowledgement of Rin.Yeah, but I'm not sure it was shaking - it wasn't so clear in the picture. Maybe Bon looked at Rin's hand holding kurikara he still can't unsheathe and admired his courage.

The very act of Rin running from Bon would be indicative of a fear he hasn't conquered. I think Rin will have to use his flames in a similar way to what he did in chapter 9 in order to get the sporangium from a distance.I think Rin would need much more experience with flames to do that - it'd be much easier for him to use kurikara. I wonder what would happen if Bon just unsheathed the sword for him. I hope someone will do this in this arc, I miss Rin in his demon form :)

I agree Toudou's words did affect Yukio - I think it's because Yukio heard his own thoughts spelled out loud for the first time. But they were not new to him and above all - he had still a demon to fight, so he had to pull himself together. I don't expect he'll tell Shura about what happened, but if he did, my inner Yukio/Shura shipper would be very happy :D

If Toudou was smarter, he would knife Yukio and be done with it, but draaaaamaaaaa...Bad guy's speech, one of the greatest cliches ever. But once again, Katou actually made it work! She really is amazing.

Katou made mistake. Ao no Exorcist not going to take break on next month; it going to take break on December.I have more time to find a replacement then, cause I'm not sure if I can survive two months without a good manga.

EDIT:
Do you know who else can help both Yukio and Rin?
Mephisto!

The old fart is watching the fight and apparently having fun, I wonder when he will feel it's about time he moved his backside and helped.

Shamy
October 08, 2011, 10:36 AM
Chapter 29 raw:

http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Ao-no-Exorcist/Ao-no-Exorcist-29-Raw-Scan

Mr. Death
October 09, 2011, 12:16 AM
Chapter 29 raw:

http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Ao-no-Exorcist/Ao-no-Exorcist-29-Raw-Scan

That's Renachan's raw that has been badly leveled.....

sakura_fai
October 10, 2011, 09:36 PM
http://winged-manga.com/aonoexorcist/29/1/ posted the scanlation for Ao No Exorcist ch. 29.
The quality's not bad, and the translation's not google generated. :) I like it.

Kryanka
October 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
Differences between this translation and stepyip35's:

- Bon asks Rin about not giving up (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/6.html), while in the previous translation he asked if Rin's going to fight ALONE (which was much more Bon/Rin)
- Yukio was looking forward to (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/11.html) instead of admire Rin
- and not been able to take this lying down (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/14.html) (what does that even mean?) instead of feeling inferior
- beautiful firework (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/17.html), lol, Mephisto
- all names of Yukio's Naiads (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/20.html), cool!
- Yukio hates himself (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/21.html), not his weak younger self. Wow, that's harsh

earthforge
October 11, 2011, 10:32 PM
It made more sense that Yukio hates his younger weaker self AND hates himself most of all. Hel-looo, self-loathing! It is indeed a powerful motivator. It also leads to rather bad depressions though. Not exactly a stable configuration.

It made much more sense that Bon asked Rin if he would shoulder the burden on his own, especially with Rin's response of "this time? ... no."

"Looking forward to Rin" and "admire Rin" is identical - I think the translator meant "looked up to Rin". "Not being able to take this lying down" made nooo sense, so I betya it's a mistranslate. "Beautiful fireworks"? Ehhhhh, I'm rather sure Mephisto didn't talk about "hanabi".

The names of Yukio's Naiads - Okay, I LOVED that. All of them minus the last two are from canon Greek mythology. Soo cool!

So, I liked this chapter. Very nice. Yukio is a great character, and his little moment of verbally flipping off Toudou was great. I just wish his motivation to move forward as an exorcist was not dependent on deprecating himself. It's very unstable. Still, I'm just happy we got Yukio's "I got ya now" face - we haven't seen that since a tiny panel in chapter 3 when he was bluffing the flower demon.

hopeandlight
October 11, 2011, 11:16 PM
cool he admits he both loves and hates his brother
oh self-hating, he's using that to override the jealously towards his bro
im glad he didn't get posed that easily

Kryanka
October 12, 2011, 03:25 PM
It made more sense that Yukio hates his younger weaker self AND hates himself most of all. Hel-looo, self-loathing! It is indeed a powerful motivator. It also leads to rather bad depressions though. Not exactly a stable configuration.I don't like this self-loathing at all. I don't believe you can hate yourself and live normally. People have issues and insecurities and regrets, but to actually hate oneself, they'd have to do something like murdering someone in rage and think oneself a monster (Rin would be a good candidate for self-loathing). Being weak as a child is not a reason to hate oneself.

It made much more sense that Bon asked Rin if he would shoulder the burden on his own, especially with Rin's response of "this time? ... no."It's cuter this way too. And it makes sense since Bon was always accusing Rin of fighting alone and not running from danger.

If it was answer to "you're not going to run?", then what was Rin thinking about when he said "this time"? Maybe he meant that he wanted to give up in the strongest prison.
But if the question was about fighting alone, then I think Rin could've been hiding something when we said "this time? ...no" with a smile. It's possible that he thinks that Bon creating the barrier means that after that Rin can do everything on his own and it still counts as not fighting alone. I mean, he can send Bon away with Kuro and don't think he lied to him before.

"Looking forward to Rin" and "admire Rin" is identical - I think the translator meant "looked up to Rin". "Not being able to take this lying down" made nooo sense, so I betya it's a mistranslate.Chinonamidaaaa, where are you, man? We need you!

"Beautiful fireworks"? Ehhhhh, I'm rather sure Mephisto didn't talk about "hanabi".It made me laugh, unlike the previous translation with simply "fire". There was that intense situation: double page with Bon creating the barrier, Karura crying that it worked!, exorcists looking up in shock, Shura recognizing powerful work of unknown ally and then Mephisto basically says "~~pretty~~". And the view of the barrier over Impure King. Awesome storytelling.

The names of Yukio's Naiads - Okay, I LOVED that. All of them minus the last two are from canon Greek mythology. Soo cool!Soraya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soraya_Esfandiary-Bakhtiari) was queen of Iran and an actress. Google doesn't know Beriboys, so it probably doesn't exist :]

earthforge
October 12, 2011, 08:31 PM
I don't like this self-loathing at all. I don't believe you can hate yourself and live normally. People have issues and insecurities and regrets, but to actually hate oneself, they'd have to do something like murdering someone in rage and think oneself a monster (Rin would be a good candidate for self-loathing). Being weak as a child is not a reason to hate oneself.

I agree that I don't like self-loathing. In reality it is incredibly damaging to others.

But to be honest, you don't need a real good reason to hate yourself. If there's any reason for Yukio to hate himself, it's that he loathes how he resents Rin or Shiro sometimes because he does indeed feel inferior to them. He resents all that Toudou stands for, because it is a part of himself that he despises. I think Yukio is acutely aware of how childish it is to blame someone else for a path he chose, and he resents when he does that.

It's cuter this way too. And it makes sense since Bon was always accusing Rin of fighting alone and not running from danger.

Yup yup! Bring on the RyuRin! :DD

If it was answer to "you're not going to run?", then what was Rin thinking about when he said "this time"? Maybe he meant that he wanted to give up in the strongest prison.

Problem is, Bon didn't see when Rin was demoralized in das Starkste Gefangis - only Shiemi did... So it's still confusing...

But if the question was about fighting alone, then I think Rin could've been hiding something when we said "this time? ...no" with a smile. It's possible that he thinks that Bon creating the barrier means that after that Rin can do everything on his own and it still counts as not fighting alone. I mean, he can send Bon away with Kuro and don't think he lied to him before.

Something bothers me about Bon and the barrier though - Familiar barriers in the past are heavily dependent on the person's stamina. Rin has to defeat the Impure King fast, otherwise Bon will run out of strength and the barrier will fail.

You're probably right. All this thinking is making my head hurt~

Kryanka
October 13, 2011, 04:44 PM
Problem is, Bon didn't see when Rin was demoralized in das Starkste Gefangis - only Shiemi did... So it's still confusing...The one who said "this time" was Rin, not Bon (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/6.html), so this version still makes sense, although I prefer the RyuRin goodness of the other one.

Something bothers me about Bon and the barrier though - Familiar barriers in the past are heavily dependent on the person's stamina. Rin has to defeat the Impure King fast, otherwise Bon will run out of strength and the barrier will fail.Yeah, and this one uses up person's life if I remember correctly. And there's still that problem that Bon wasn't sure he remembered the chant (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/4.html), maybe because he wasn't paying full attention to Tatsuma. It's not impossible that the barrier isn't completed after all or it doesn't work as it should.

Either way, Rin has to hurry and kill the IK before the barrier kills Bon and the ruptured sporangium kills Kyoto people. Someone's got to help his brother too, cause he's about to be killed by Toudou. Koneko and Renzou could use some help too, as well as the girls with Tatsuma. Let's hope Bon can snap Rin out of this pathetic state <3

Or Mephisto makes his move, although I think he wants the Order to trust/depend on Rin for now.

Mr. Death
October 13, 2011, 11:57 PM
Well people here is the JAC version....

http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/?p=1774

earthforge
October 14, 2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks MD and Niphy! Another translation, I'm happy!~

Well, the most important difference this gave was yet another version of what Bon says to Rin. In niph's translation, it's "you're not going to give in to yourself, are you?". I think he's referring to Rin succumbing to the flames. So Rin responds "... no way, not now." It makes a bit more sense.

Haha! I just realized Suguro is effectively a Barrier Maiden for this part of the plot, and Rin is totally milking it! Also loved Rin's "Suguro, that's cool, you asshole!" I think a lot of translations have been missing his coarseness, which I so love...

Also, Yukio's "I hate myself" is again in this translation. So, revising my opinion... I don't believe Yukio's in current danger of possession, but self-loathing is terribly unstable. Believe me. It can easily turn on him.

Pyrenestrel
October 14, 2011, 05:24 PM
Maybe when he says "I hate myself", he says "I hate myself for what I've been", "I hate myself for having allowed myself to be like that" a bit like like in the JAC's translation.

So, yeah, he still hates himself, but with also a wish of becomming different, aka someone he won't hate. So errrr he don't hate himself now...

(still sorry for my awful english, it's more than rusted, and hard to find so late in the night)

Zeltrax
October 15, 2011, 07:19 PM
This is a badass chapter, thank you very much.
Yukio didn't get tempt or affected by the devil in my eyes. For a moment there I thought this manga is going to go down the route of yukio turning evil and drama occurs! But for now , it won't happen because Yukio have a clear picture of what's going on inside of him.
Not much to mention about rin and suguro except that they are finally closing in. I do hope that this giant moving demon have some sort of "core" to make things more interesting.

Oh and yukio obviously won't die.

Kryanka
October 17, 2011, 12:37 PM
Ok, so this time

- it's "seized" (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/2.html), not trembling. Cause it's always been trembling till now...
- love Rin's swearing, it suits him so much
- nothing about for what they played (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/5.html) rock paper scissors (not important, just -yeah)
- "not gonna give in to yourself again" - "no way, not now" (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/6.html)
- "piss your pants"? Well, makes sense now that Bon looks so outraged
- this page (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/7.html) I like much better now. Rin's words aren't corny and his teasing is more natural. If you know what I mean
- Rin's hand is trembling (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/8.html), you were right, earth :)
- Bon knows Rin's not an idiot, but he didn't say he always knew that (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/9.html). I'm gonna miss yet another RyuRin line :(
- I give up, little crying Yukio is sooo cute (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/10.html)
- "looked up to my brother" (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/11.html). I don't remember previous version, but I like this one
- "found it hard to accept" (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/14.html). Sheesh. My head hurts. Which version is the best?
- "Suguro, that's so cool, you asshole" (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/18.html). Love it
- "The one I really hate most of all is myself" (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c029/21.html). Maybe I just got used to that, but Yukio doesn't sound so harsh this time. He hates himself more than any other person, so it sounds like he's not having bad feelings for anyone, doesn't blame anyone for anything more than himself. And it doesn't sound like the self-hatred is consuming him, only that he knows he's the one responsible for who he is.

Well, the most important difference this gave was yet another version of what Bon says to Rin. In niph's translation, it's "you're not going to give in to yourself, are you?". I think he's referring to Rin succumbing to the flames. So Rin responds "... no way, not now." It makes a bit more sense.Yeah, but at the same time, compared to the translations chinonamida was doing lately and to our interpretations of the previous translation of this lines, this one sounds a little Captain Obvious.

candy
October 31, 2011, 07:28 AM
i think bon won't be able to keep the barrier up for long and will become extremely fatigued after the barrier disappears. then bon will be exclusively attacked by the IK because the IK fears bon's barrier again. then rin will HAVE to draw his sword to protect his friend. as for who the hell will save yukio....i have no idea. here's hoping for an awesome chapter again!

spoilers where art thou!!!?