PDA

View Full Version : Strong Points in FT

hoeru
September 16, 2011, 10:37 AM
Okay, I got my shift key working today so I decided to start my 1st thread at MH if I'm allowed to. And you know. I don't get the criticisms on the friendship stuff at all, so I think it's best to put this aside and start to talk about the positive aspects of Mashima's work "Fairy Tail" - can be anything even if you simply feel great about Ichiya. :^_^

Watch out since this is supposed to be the fanboy corner - but fangirls are welcome as well. :p

I'll begin with the dragons. If there's something Mashima is being capable of - then it's drawing AWESOME Dragons. Those from Monster Hunter Orage were great too, so I'm really looking forward to how the dragons that Mashima is going to reveal.

I also like the concept of stellar spirits and how their powers work.

Ifrit
September 16, 2011, 11:34 AM
I agree about the dragons. But he's one of the best in creating characters ...a lot of Fairy Tail characters can have their own series IMO.

Also the story line...putting something in the first Arc. then complete it in the 3rd one. Fairy Tail is sure one of the best Series in current time if not even the best.

Atobe the king
September 16, 2011, 10:27 PM
Hmm
-the designs, they're recognizable and pretty unique in their own way
-the characters, i'm hard pressed to find any i actually "hate"
-emphasizing positive energy aka nakama all day
-fanservice is pretty good too :P

Rarhyx
September 17, 2011, 09:32 AM
I love his art.
he is the best mangaka who can draw the most badass moments.
and the funny things inside his mangas are almost everytime a good laugh
e: and ofc the emotional moments(rave was the first manga which made me cry.... >.<)

RaveDragon
September 17, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hmm
-Dragons and characters have all been amazingly drawn well
- Fanservice -.-" well from all the shonen i read mashima has the more respectuful 'subtle' kind and its not usually too much as much and he remembers to give us fangirls some too xD
-the positive outlook of this manga is what draws me to love it, iknow what to expect and i love it, it makes my day it makes me smile =D
- Family, friends and romance all play a very big part as well as having fun and helping each other and Mashima knows how to do it well enough.
-Plot twists, i have never been surprised by these till i started reading mashimas work :yay its hinted, its sometimes given and then poof something bigger and awesomer happens!
-Mysteries that keep you on the edge, The dragons, Lucy and Layla, the dragons slayers all seem to be connected in some way and he's done this steadily and in a brilliant flowing way

So yeah Im a biiig fan =]

OH and im the first fangirl woot! :tackle

White Silver King
September 18, 2011, 10:31 AM
But he's one of the best in creating characters ...a lot of Fairy Tail characters can have their own series IMO.
I have to agree. His character creation is some of the best I've seen; they all have their own unique personality traits and abilities that seem to coincide with them perfectly. I also agree that many could have their own series - especially Mira and Ultear! I also have to commend him on his creation of his unique perspective on the use of magic - it's not like anything I've seen before and it is implemented with mastery and creativity.

Darjaille
September 18, 2011, 12:15 PM
♥ His drawing skills, hands down one of the best artists of manga I know.
♥ Humor, yep I so love it. When I was saying to my friend about FT and what do I like about it, I immediately said "In other mangas, I laugh every second or third chapter. In FT, I laugh every second or third page."
♥ Again, characters.
♥ Friendship, love, emotions. Many people hate this, I know, but I learned to appreciate it. If you want reality, read seinen.
♥ A certain pairing. One of three not-yet canon pairings I ship :D

♥ The plot with Dragons, it got me on board. I like the way I can theorize about upcoming events. He doesn't give us spoilerish things, but still enough for us to make up scenarios
♥ Layla plot.. could be added to ↑, but this person alone needs a line. Such a mystery, an very interesting mystery
♥ Again, could be said in here↑, but... 777!!! That number! I want to know what happened so badly.

♥ Celestial magic. Overall, the magic system in FT is very good, I found myself loving this type...

I think everyone can find something they love about Fairy Tail, they just shouldn't expect things they won't find here.

Kazu-Sama
September 19, 2011, 06:23 AM
Gray and Fanservice. I'm happy :D

Epic_Rider
September 19, 2011, 08:00 AM
- The art. Fairy Tail has some of the best art I've seen

- The themes of friendship, determination, etc. I know a lot of people here hate that, but I really like it.

- Fanservice. fairy Tail has great fanservice. It's really great

- Characters. Fairy Tail has some really unique and quirky personalities.

Ifrit
September 20, 2011, 06:46 AM
I also have to commend him on his creation of his unique perspective on the use of magic - it's not like anything I've seen before and it is implemented with mastery and creativity.

"Azuma" and his tree magic is my favorite

HaiSuShi
September 25, 2011, 12:13 PM
-One thing I particularly like about Fairy Tail is the interaction between the characters. It's one of the few mangas that have an enormous cast and somehow manage to not forget a single character that appeared. It' s not just the main characters interacting together, there are other characters around, and everyone has his own personality, supported by the cover stories/descriptions.

-Another point is the importance of Dragons in the story, and the mystery that surrounds the year 777

-Fanservice:3c

-the art style of course, but that has been mentioned often enough, I suppose

ZERO PHOENIX
September 29, 2011, 12:48 PM
- The art. Fairy Tail has some of the best art I've seen

When I think about great art, I think about One Piece and Fairy Tail. That says a lot.

- Fanservice. fairy Tail has great fanservice. It's really great

Spectacular fanservice my friend. Spectacular is the word we use for FT's FS. :super

-Characters. Fairy Tail has some really unique and quirky personalities.
For the most part, I do enjoy FT's cast of characters. I like the protagonists very much but with all of the antagonists have been shallow and pedantic. I was expecting great things from Zeref and he let me down in a big bad way. However I might note that I do approve of the fact that Mashima is not portraying him a typical badguy. Is he a good guy? Bad guy? Dark Hero? An observer? He is gradually creating in Zeref, a character that redefines itself in the very world which that character has been cemented into a certain place.

EDIT: Nice to see someone pointlessly edited my post. I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

hoeru
September 29, 2011, 06:28 PM
First of all, thank you all for sharing what you like about Fairy Tail. It's really refreshing ... to see other readers who like the fan service, too. I wasn't quite sure if it was okay to start the topic with this. :^_^

Does anyone want to pick favorite characters already? Or are there to many to list? Hm... Aquarius, Lucy, Elza (Scarlet), Angel, Aries, Leo, Scorpion, Mirajane, Happy, Pantherlily, Gildarts, Virgo, that catgirl from Fairy Tail Miki(?), and that one geezer from the Council running the restaurant. Oh, Ultear is also great.

Watch out since this is supposed to be the fanboy corner

No need to have this "substance" (that is overrated) while talking about positive feedback of a more or less lightweight manga that isn't spread that much even though it's actually one of the most popular current manga in Japan, isn't it? There's no need to tone the fanboy talk in this thread down.

I won't go off-topic any further talking about what right people have to criticize Fairy Tail nor their issues with friendship being a power boost that turns the tables - and I hope no one else will in this thread is going to react to this.

/hint: "Fanboy corner" - and it would be great if people who want to put criticism in here would respect the positive attitude...

ghostexiled
September 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
Remember guys that this thread was created for the sole purpose to talk about what you enjoy the most from the series.

That means NO NEGATIVE comments allowed in this thread.

There is a thread where you can post all of what you dislike about the series... Weak Points in the Fairy Tail Series. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71264-Weak-Points-In-the-Fairy-Tail-Series)

But as the OP states... stay away from bashing or flaming.

Thanks1

Ifrit
September 30, 2011, 12:07 PM
Does anyone want to pick favorite characters already?

Always been, always will be....

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3552/fairylawlaxus.png

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1005/unledaaaa.png

I vote for them as my favorite in Fairy Tail Guild.

Rarhyx
October 15, 2011, 08:38 AM
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/65145-Favorite-Mage%28s%29
*cough*

---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was September 30, 2011 at 01:17 PM ----------

another thing i like bout mashimas work:
he surprises me very often(except the nakama power)
he has the balls to do a 7 year timeskip with the main cast not growing at all.
with that he went against the mainstream of the usual timeskips.

Kauia
June 27, 2012, 11:17 AM
I just love Mashima's work. The art's amazing. Rave's art got really amazing when it was reaching its end. As for fairy Tail, when it started, I thought it was already wonderful. He proved me wrong as he continues to dray.The story's one of the very thing that motivates me love Fairy Tail. How there are so many questions about dragons, Zeref, Lucy, and Layla that keeps you reading it more. I know that somewhere in the future, the plot would drop like a bomb leaving me speechless like he did with Elie in Rave.

The idea of how he used magic in this story is also unique and I just love it. The nature of magic is one of a kind. He mentioned once that it wasn't really magic but way of magic, martial arts of magic but he had no way of translating it to english.

The characters, the characters, there's nothing to be said since it's just so lovable. It's hard to find a character that's not lovable. One of the things that got me hook to this manga is the characters. The personality and the sens e of humor really got to me.

The concept of how family and romance used is unique. The pairing's not just one and to make them fit altogether is amazing. The canon pairing feels really fresh since I don't find it stereotypical.

Tame
June 30, 2012, 03:45 AM
I like the art, the great character designs and personality quirks and all the imaginative magical powers. ^_^ I'm sure there are other things but I can't think of them right now.