PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 252 Discussion

ghostexiled
September 17, 2011, 04:12 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72446-Fairy-Tail-251-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

•Sasuke•
September 24, 2011, 02:44 AM
chapter 252 spoiler pics

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=15374954 <- last post

RaveDragon
September 24, 2011, 02:58 AM
Thanks to sasuke for the spoiler pics =D :darn they seem so awesome ><

I guess a lot of us where right GH was only the rain before the big bad horrible storm :/ seems makarov is telling them to run and he's sacrificing himself, too bad the dragan seems very wild and hostile seems he's not gonna say much and just eat everyone! cant wait for the translation.

lordoffantasy
September 24, 2011, 03:29 AM
i knew it.....i should be all hyper and happy, but i think i called it. the dragon is acnologia, or at least sent by it...... i think makarov has been scheduled to die, and against a opponent truly worthy of him.

i know a lot of people will be freaking out over this, but understand this is a normal plot element. someone being ddesigned to ultimately die at a certain time is as common as dandelions, but how it is done each time, and the emotion it creates, is what is important, is what makes it works. makarov is the old generation, he knows this. he will sacrafice himself gladly for his children, for the future. but his demise will hit everyone with the weight of the entire world.

ghostexiled
September 24, 2011, 03:34 AM
@RaveDragon - you don't have to put what you want to say in spoiler tags... this is a spoiler thread! :p

The opening image seems to hint that Makrov will be dying soon... with him being in heaven and all.

This may be the time that Natsu cries... since all of the members of FT are crying at the fact that their master is sacrificing himself so that they can escape.

I wonder if this is the dragon that Gildartz fought and almost died from...

LnDRash
September 24, 2011, 03:39 AM
Looks like this time Makarov is going to bite the dust for real... can't imagine how he could possibly get out of this situation.

Now that we can get a better look at the creature there's no doubt about it that this realy is a dragon and not just some demonic-bird-thing created by Zeref. Realy looking forward to reading the chapter. While the story in Naruto, Bleach and One Piece currently just drags on, the recent Fairy Tail chapters realy make me eager to find out whats comming next :)

wooticus
September 24, 2011, 03:42 AM
@ghost: i really wonder about this being the same dragon, too. Gildarts told that he lost an organ, leg and arm in an instant. To be honest this acnologia dragon doesn't seem to be that powerful. If natsu and the others can evade him than gildarts should have totally be able to. So either the dragon is weakened - may be powered by hate and such stuff which he can't find too much on a fairy tail island. - or it is another one. Maybe the black dragons child. or simply another dragon.

And it really looks like makarov dying there holding the dragon off.. But how should they escape? they are trapped on an island? the dragon can fly? Makarov would basically hold him off for hours and even then the dragon might know in which direction to go.. And we haven't seen gildarts in any panel, i want to see his reaction to the dragon..

So i will throw a question into the discussion: Might we see the comeback of fairy glitter?

goldb
September 24, 2011, 04:03 AM

That was EXACTLY my thoughts looking at the spoiler pics!
If Makarov really does go, then I hope he goes out on a high and injures the dragon or incapacitates him to make it easier for the rest of FT to escape or take it out.

Ifrit
September 24, 2011, 04:10 AM
can any1 translate what Zeref said plz ?

it seems that Zeref will turn the ship around back to Island ...somehow I think he will stop the dragon.........anyway I also predict Laxus and Natsu to rush and attack the dragon I don't think they will run.

Makarov dies due Injury maybe...I hope he won't tho he has his funny moments...will hurt to see him go.

mstarsup5
September 24, 2011, 06:03 AM
Somehow, I feel like the one who's gonna die/be severely hurt will be Gildartz... Who already lost to the Black Dragon, and who just "met" his daughter moments ago. One thing that is for sure is that Gildartz won't be running away.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
September 24, 2011, 06:32 AM
@RaveDragon - you don't have to put what you want to say in spoiler tags... this is a spoiler thread! :p

The opening image seems to hint that Makrov will be dying soon... with him being in heaven and all.

This may be the time that Natsu cries... since all of the members of FT are crying at the fact that their master is sacrificing himself so that they can escape.

Natsu already cried, when he fought Gildarts. The vision showed him not wearing bandages. When he cries this time, he IS wearing bandages.

kkck
September 24, 2011, 06:50 AM
Well, the images from natsu crying before did not quite match what we saw against gildarts. In turn, the other images from the vision perfectly matched other events in the manga. I think the crying part is yet to come given the circumstances.

hoeru
September 24, 2011, 07:33 AM
wow... this chapter will give me some punch in my stomach. so makarov will most probably finally die in the end of the arc.

Somehow, I feel like the one who's gonna die/be severely hurt will be Gildartz... Who already lost to the Black Dragon, and who just "met" his daughter moments ago. One thing that is for sure is that Gildartz won't be running away.

even though makarov gives his goodbye speech at the end of the chapter? i dont see this coming at least he wont be killed by the dragon - maybe by zeref.

reposting image if i am allowed to
http://thumbnails53.imagebam.com/15077/29eab7150767917.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/29eab7150767917)

look at the bottom with the title for the next chapter...

that would be an extreme twist. btw, gildarts is a great character and somewhat a nice "shanks copy". dont wanna see both of them dying - as of yet.

chess4
September 24, 2011, 08:01 AM
if this is truly it for markorov, then his name will be immortalized with the likes of Whitebeard and the 3rd hokage.

so its seems that zeref is really the black dragon slayer..... so as of now we have 4 dragons and slayers.

zeref knows who natsu is
natsu is and gajeel are both over 80 years old.
dragon slayer magic is an extinct magic
the dragons left them own there own

all this leads me to beleive that somehow zeref turned on the other dragon slayers and a massive war broke out between them. Something caused the dragon slayers to revert back to younger versions of themsleves and a loss of memory.

xdanx
September 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
Well, it seems a pretty deep wound the one we can see in THE RAW (http://www.filesonic.com/file/2139991294/Fairy-Tail-252-%5B9P%5D.zip), so it is possible for him to die, but, it's not the first time we see something like this and he has managed to stay alive anyway.

Atobe the king
September 24, 2011, 11:04 AM
I think he's gonna bite the dust....you can only dodge bullets so many times.

liductan
September 24, 2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah, he probably will die ( still nobody dies in fairytail)

MyuuMyuu
September 24, 2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, he probably will die ( still nobody dies in fairytail)

Not true. Simon died. but he is so far the only one. And Hiro Mashima kinda likes to kill his characters off, then make them alive again.. *cough, Lisanna*
anyway, i read that in his previous work RAVE a lot of characters died and hiro mashima stated he did not want to create another manga like that, so i don't think the master will die.. -__- that just ain't fairy tail like..

gotdott
September 24, 2011, 01:03 PM
Not true. Simon died. but he is so far the only one. And Hiro Mashima kinda likes to kill his characters off, then make them alive again.. *cough, Lisanna*
anyway, i read that in his previous work RAVE a lot of characters died and hiro mashima stated he did not want to create another manga like that, so i don't think the master will die.. -__- that just ain't fairy tail like..

You can't really say it like that lol since Lisanna was "dead" to begin with and we found out that she actually wasn't. It's not like we sat through her death and then see her brought back so its not the same.

OPN
September 24, 2011, 02:42 PM
its really hard too say right now but i think markarov will die sacerficing his life for the others too get away with the help of zeref by using the ship too drive them back too the guild then he will explain what the dragon is and who he is. that is just my two cents though ^_^. *waits excitengly for the chapter too get translated*

Ifrit
September 24, 2011, 03:11 PM
I think it's early to assume Makarov will die.

so Far Gildartz + Laxus + Natsu+ Gajeel + Wendy don't seem to run away...and it looks like Zeref is turning the ship toward the Island I think he will save them.

BanishingSorrow
September 24, 2011, 03:20 PM
Well, with this is almost obvious that Zeref is the Dragon Slayer of Darkness. And Acnologia teached him.

Mashiro_Luna
September 24, 2011, 03:32 PM
If Zeref is a Dragon Slayer does that mean that Dragons are the source of all magic? And that would mean Dragon Slayer magic is the Magic of One?

kkck
September 24, 2011, 05:51 PM
I don't think makarov is going to die. For one thing, even at full strength makarov should not stand a chance against a dragon. Even gildarts got the fodder treatment. In this regard, even if makarov sacrifices his life it is unlikely fairy tail can scape. Makarov would actually need to stall the dragon long enough for the boat to reach a safe distance which should be quite a bit considering the dragon seems to be able to fly quite fast. Something else must happen for the gang to be safe which could also save makarov.

BanishingSorrow
September 24, 2011, 07:49 PM
If Zeref is a Dragon Slayer does that mean that Dragons are the source of all magic? And that would mean Dragon Slayer magic is the Magic of One?

Maybe Zeref was somewhat special and Acnologia manipulated him in order to use his talent, and destroy the world [Acnologia hates all Humans]. Maybe Zeref created all the Magic related to Death and Life, but in order to broad his scope [Because only a Dragon can teach that, and no one else], he learned the Darkness Magic Dragon Slayer [And with that, he managed to create even more things and Magics].

I dunno, but i don't think he was born like a normal person. Perphaps he was never a Human to begin with, and he lived in "The Abyss of Magic", where his Magic ["The Magic of One"] could bring "The Great World of Magic".

It is plausible that Zeref is the origin of Magic itself.... But the modern Magic. I mean, the Magic people now use.... It will sound much like FMA, but i believe that the source of modern Magic is people's lives [Not talking about it's origins.... Only about how it is powered, wich it's different].

Rarhyx
September 24, 2011, 08:10 PM
sadly the old man won't die...
common be "realistic" after this arc...
natsu got atleast 3 times beaten and still owns the "final villian" in this arc...

ca12nag3
September 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
sadly the old man won't die...
common be "realistic" after this arc...
natsu got atleast 3 times beaten and still owns the "final villian" in this arc...

Its not unlikely in the mind of Mashima to simply kill off whoever he wants. Frankly the way he killed Hades is more or less his signature way, do it sudden and direct and without much fanfare :P
Still i expect Makarov to (if he dies) go out with a lot of epic fighting. Just dont think Mashima wont do it because he has a habit of doing the least expected.

MATTHUM3
September 24, 2011, 09:31 PM
I think Lucy might die because way back in the beginning of the S class exam, in the chapter where the S class nominees are named Wendy's cat has a prediction showing zeref, Natsu and Cana crying and a feminine hand lying on the ground.

LnDRash
September 24, 2011, 09:39 PM
^If Lucy dies then the Manga ends because she's the one telling the story :P

Mashiro_Luna
September 24, 2011, 10:07 PM
I think Lucy might die because way back in the beginning of the S class exam, in the chapter where the S class nominees are named Wendy's cat has a prediction showing zeref, Natsu and Cana crying and a feminine hand lying on the ground.

Lucy isn't going to die, Cana was shown crying here, http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/232/14 and the feminine hand is Lucy from here, http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/19 As for Natsu crying that looks like it is going to be fulfilled in this chapter.

Ifrit
September 25, 2011, 07:20 AM
Gray : What is that ?
Elfman : It's huge !
Juvia : This is ...
Bickslow : A Dragon ?
Lucy : What the ...
Gajeel : Really ?
Cana : A real ... Dragon.
Natsu : I suspected it, the dragon is very much alive.

Wendy : Run !
We must take everyone.
To Fairy Tail !

Charle : Wendy ! Can't you speak with him ?
Can't you do anything ?

Wendy : I can't speak to him.
Dragons are very intelligent.
This Dragon too can probably understand us.

Zeref : Even though, that doesn't mean they would hear what we have to say.
Because for dragons, we humans are trash. No, even lower than that.

A human wouldn't speak to a fly.

This is the same thing.

Makarov goes manly.

Zeref : This is madness ! He's no match !
Wendy : Master, stop !

Makarov : RUN !

The Raijin Tribe : We too.
Destroy him !

Makarov let his feelings out as he risks his life.

Makarov : Tears are meaningless.
Is it sad when someone dies ?
Can sadness kill humans ?
The answer lies in the heart of everyone.
Sure enough, you were full of pride for a bunch of brats.
LIVE ! TO SEE THE FUTURE !

As a necessary sacrifice, unable to see what will bring the future.

Found this on internet "I didn't do it" not sure if it's true or not. but maybe a confirmation for those who still wonder if it's a dragon or not.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

i'ts out http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/86710913/1

gogogogogog ( It's confirmed it is the black dragon ) Gildartz says !!

damn just finished reading....It seems they all gonna make a run for it. Makarov will die. Zeref is no way going even near the Island he made it clear that humans will know their place in this world now.

and LOL at " To be continued in chapter 255" ur skipping 2 chapters Mashima u bad boy xD

HaiSuShi
September 25, 2011, 07:44 AM
Wheeeew, I'm so glad Gildarts didn't die in this chapter..
I've seen enough Anime *coughmadokamagicacough* where someone dies after saying to another person what they will do in the future:s.
And there was a lot of buildup to Makarov dying:
-Makarovs speech to Mavis
-Luxus appearing
-the whole new-Generation-thing in the S-Class-exam

IMO Makarov will die against the dragon, going all out and maybe managing to harm him.
And I just realized that Gildarts was talking about something like Acnologia in his speech to Natsu, and not someone like Hades.

Edit:The only thing that can save Makarov and Fairy Tail now is the firing of Aetherion, though that could kill Makarov as well.

And another thing, did anyone have the feeling Acnologia is not the only Dragon awakening? Zeref sounded as if he would say that the new era is the era of Dragons, atleast that's how I understood him.

jacke12
September 25, 2011, 07:45 AM
so Zeref confirmed it that he will work with this dragon again to destroy this era and when Zeref said farewell to Natsu it made me want to know from where does he know him even more.

kkck
September 25, 2011, 07:57 AM
So every point in the manga moves back to the dragons.... Interesting though. Perhaps the magical world of zeref of which hades and co spoke of is not something zeref created but rather the world where the dragons inhabit, or perhaps a level of existence at the same level of the dragons so to speak. I mean, dragons don't inhabit the world anymore, perhaps the reason the black dragon wants to destroy humans is to reclaim the world. Zeref is compelled by his dragon to do the same....

Gats
September 25, 2011, 07:57 AM
If humans are truly like insects to dragons, then what's the whole business with Dragonslayers is supposed to mean ?
Unless there is another truth behind it, I just don't get Zeref's logic.

sarutobi_sensei
September 25, 2011, 08:03 AM
Wow so it really is the Black Dragon, and people were thinking that it was one of Zeref's Demons.

So he only thinks of them as insects, but why attack FT directly? Why not someone else? Is it because 3 DS are there? Maybe even because of Zeref himself?

Makarov will die, this is how it's supposed to be, dying so that FT members can live on, protecting them till the end. Maybe he'll get some help from Mavis's spirit, but who knows. Maybe even the Black Dragon will talk or say something to him, since Makarov clearly isn't an insect being his size and all xD

Imo Zeref isn't going to work with Acknologia, but also he won't interfere with him. He's underestimating Natsu btw, thinking that he would die here. If he does know him from 400 years ago, then he should know how resilient Natsu is.

Laxus was shaking in fear, and it's understandable, fear because he was scared and couldn't do anything to save his grandpa.

I wonder when Etherion is going to be fired, it should've already been fired no?

Now who'll be the new master? Guildartz or Laxus?

And could the part of TBC on chapter 255 could be a typo, or could Mashima be doing something like "Turn Back the Pendulum" in Bleach? Showing only chapters with flashbacks from 100 years ago?

I honestly can't wait for the next chapter though.

Ero-Sanji
September 25, 2011, 08:08 AM
This is going very slowly at the moment.

Anyway, exactly like Gats pointed out, if Dragons are so badass then what's the point in Dragonslayers, however there much that hints toward that DS are not entirely human.

chess4
September 25, 2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/93-142-19/naruto/chapter-137.html

one of the baddest mutha**ckers of all time.....the third hokage

http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereading/?image=One%20Piece/One%20Piece%20c576/16_17.png&server=nas.html

the king of the seas.....whitebeard

Markorov is cut from their cloth, he will have a grand death just like them...........We all knew when this arc started that someone major would fall based on charle's vision.

looks like laxus might stay and gildartz will be the new master

wooticus
September 25, 2011, 08:16 AM
Well i also totally believe that this is the end for makarov. At least he couldn't have found a better way to die - protecting his children on the island of fairy tail from an opponent that couldn't be greater.
Overall we can totally be sure that if makarov won't die here there won't die ANY FT character ever in this manga.

It is also the perfect timing. It is very likely that fairy tail will be disbanded after this accident. The council knowing about zeref hiding on FT island will give enough reason. it would break masters heart to see this so he has to die first. Moreover it will be the foundation of "fourth Fairy Tail".

the only thing i'm really curious about in the moment is how FT will actually be saved by makarov.

i can't see holding him the dragon too long and there is no reason for acnologia not attacking a ship. I see a total of 4 possibilities of what will happen now.
1. If the council actually fires etherion it would certainly not destroy acnologia - but it could hurt him at least a bit - forcing him to retreat for quite some time. but it would also destroy fairy tails holy island.. which i would not like that much personally

2. zeref somehow interfering managing to summon acnologia to another place. he called for him so maybe he can also control him with his magic a little bit - we saw that zeref hasn't that much control over his powers and if he really is the black dragons slayer maybe the intentions in master makarovs heart (and in those of the FT members) makes him fight acnologia... if he's the black dragon slayer he is certainly the one person that can fight against that dragon.

3. my personal favorite: we heard of the three great magics of fairy tail and already saw two of them. one was implemented in cana, the other one laxus knows about. We miss a third one and this third magic has to be revealed if master dies - or it might be lost forever. so my guess is it is a self-sacrificing magic with which you give your life for protecting your children. it surely is totally forbidden but it might imprison the dragon on the island for some time - i think mavis vermillion might have used the same magic to seal zeref on tenrou island

4. the most epic one would be a dragon fight. so makarov would have just given igneel the time (oh and if some dragon comes you can totally be sure that it will be igneel). it might be the most epic panel in this whole manga yet if acnologia is about to hit natsu and igneel jumps in roasting acnologia in a giant breath of fire.

as i mentioned before, THIS acnologia can't be on the same state of powers when it nearly killed gildarts IN AN INSTANT. it didn't show any powers but raw physical power and screaming. no magic at all? so that can't be it

Zeltrax
September 25, 2011, 08:23 AM
HAHA! Nice try Mashima. You think you can troll me again?
The last time I though ft is in deep shit, I got screwed.
You think I'll believe you again?!
Really?!

Okay fine. I'll give ft another chance.. you win.

Easily best chapter of this arc because it felt so different.. and true despair was shown.
Makarov will die and something will happen to ft that will result in a time skip.
I'm calling it.

Ifrit
September 25, 2011, 08:31 AM
Well i also totally believe that this is the end for makarov. At least he couldn't have found a better way to die - protecting his children on the island of fairy tail from an opponent that couldn't be greater.
Overall we can totally be sure that if makarov won't die here there won't die ANY FT character ever in this manga.

It is also the perfect timing. It is very likely that fairy tail will be disbanded after this accident. The council knowing about zeref hiding on FT island will give enough reason. it would break masters heart to see this so he has to die first. Moreover it will be the foundation of "fourth Fairy Tail".

the only thing i'm really curious about in the moment is how FT will actually be saved by makarov.

i can't see holding him the dragon too long and there is no reason for acnologia not attacking a ship. I see a total of 4 possibilities of what will happen now.
1. If the council actually fires etherion it would certainly not destroy acnologia - but it could hurt him at least a bit - forcing him to retreat for quite some time. but it would also destroy fairy tails holy island.. which i would not like that much personally

2. zeref somehow interfering managing to summon acnologia to another place. he called for him so maybe he can also control him with his magic a little bit - we saw that zeref hasn't that much control over his powers and if he really is the black dragons slayer maybe the intentions in master makarovs heart (and in those of the FT members) makes him fight acnologia... if he's the black dragon slayer he is certainly the one person that can fight against that dragon.

3. my personal favorite: we heard of the three great magics of fairy tail and already saw two of them. one was implemented in cana, the other one laxus knows about. We miss a third one and this third magic has to be revealed if master dies - or it might be lost forever. so my guess is it is a self-sacrificing magic with which you give your life for protecting your children. it surely is totally forbidden but it might imprison the dragon on the island for some time - i think mavis vermillion might have used the same magic to seal zeref on tenrou island

4. the most epic one would be a dragon fight. so makarov would have just given igneel the time (oh and if some dragon comes you can totally be sure that it will be igneel). it might be the most epic panel in this whole manga yet if acnologia is about to hit natsu and igneel jumps in roasting acnologia in a giant breath of fire.

as i mentioned before, THIS acnologia can't be on the same state of powers when it nearly killed gildarts IN AN INSTANT. it didn't show any powers but raw physical power and screaming. no magic at all? so that can't be it

I like #3. But I think the 3rd great magic of Fairy Tail " Only Ivan knows about" Makarov told Laxus he need to know where Ivan is because he left the guild with important info about Fairy Tail.

Next chapter says "LETS HOLD HANDS" the 3rd great magic might be cast by all of Fairy Tail members not just Makarov.

#4. Is just too good to be true. xD

Now for who gonna be NEXT MASTER...I vote for that weird women that keep showing every now and then.

Gildartz or Laxus is just too obvious and Mashima like to do crazy things.

In the End of this Series I'm not surprised to see Lucy is the master of Fairy Tail and she is just telling the story to the little kids in Fairy Tail. "LOLz"

tobeulp
September 25, 2011, 08:44 AM
Is it just me but when I read this chapter it reminds of One Piece when Luffy's crew fleeing against Kuma and the admiral
Well Fairy Tail is back on track but let us not celebrate yet because Mashima might troll us and make Fairy Tail win against the Black Dragon giving a super duper power up nakama fairy law!!!

I think the council will be the one to save Fairy Tail's ass mainly because they knew what is the black dragon..

I think 2 chapters is max to wrap this pretty much even with its up and down for me the best arc for Fairy Tail and I am expecting the next arcs will be much more consistent and better because like what I said from previous chapter this arc is like a setting for the next coming arcs specially the dragons...

kakashidad
September 25, 2011, 08:53 AM
Man this was absolutely awesome...!From the front cover of Makarov sitting in front of what looks like ''perily gates'' Awesome.
From Gildartz sensing then feeling his old wound from facing the black dragon on his 100 yr quest..Awesome!
From Brilox screaming like a little bitch..''dragon''!! awesome!!
From Natsu ever changing degree of understanding..from seeing the dragon..humor to anger to realization..Awesome!!
From Makarov caliing his kids ''shitty bratz'' for attempting to defy him...and laxus grabbing natsu not defying him for
once..Yet crying inside..tragic but AWESOME!!!

I for one have no problem with the direction this is going in.Fabulous read very enjoyable

ca12nag3
September 25, 2011, 09:12 AM

You are totally jumping past some of the things clearly shown like a month or 2 ago. The kid looking from the harbor at the place where the Island was suposed to be, which is a kid from years ahead in time wears the FT logo. Thus FT will not disband or maybe a temporal disband anyways FT will be there in the future. Also the manga is called Fairy Tail, so disbanding isnt a option for the author.

Im just curious who the kid is and whats his link to this current event? < the kid is from some time in the future and its hard to tell how old he is and whos kid he is or maybe hes macaos kid.

Makarov is going to die its near inevitable. Who will take the lead? Who will comfort Laxus, it looks like hes about to break from the shaking so once Makarov kicks the bucket he will be broken for sure.
Gildartz will most likely act as temporal leader ( a role he isnt used to but he is the only S+class of the guild).
What im also wondering about is what would prevent the dragon from comming after FT once Makarov is out of steam? And im thinking btw that Makarov will use Fairy Law as last ditch effort and since hes already so beat up it will be his last move.

Anyways the chapter was great :D

nitsthegame
September 25, 2011, 09:23 AM
i think makarov foresaw this

1. forgot there is a prophecy?? when 3 dragon slayers will assemble...yeah we got there.. the prophecy is unfolding...
2. I for once feel all the dragon slayers are like dragons with immortal magic(just my thought), they live through era to stop the infiltration of dragons... mb dragon teach them themselves to keep themselves under control. And zeref is also a dragon slayer and knows that his end is in the hands of Natsu.. In each era there has been various fights between the various dragon slayer which we saw at the time when igneel was taking to sky dragon.." perhaps we can expect a better relationship this time"..
3. reading about ivan and all.. since the black dragon is here mb its time for other dragons to come out as well and we might just see igneel and all coming out...Yippeeeeee(lets hope this come true)

Hunter Reborn
September 25, 2011, 09:26 AM
I believe that the ch typo is not a typo and that we will get ch flash back of how Natsu and Zeref met 400 yrs ago, and how there quest to find a dragon. Remember we have no really idea how the dragons play a role in the past lifes of Natsu, Zeref, Wendy, Gazeel. It could also be a random moment that will show Mest trying to stop the concil, or to be far fetch another conversation with the dragons about what is going on.

ca12nag3
September 25, 2011, 09:37 AM
I believe that the ch typo is not a typo and that we will get ch flash back of how Natsu and Zeref met 400 yrs ago, and how there quest to find a dragon. Remember we have no really idea how the dragons play a role in the past lifes of Natsu, Zeref, Wendy, Gazeel. It could also be a random moment that will show Mest trying to stop the concil, or to be far fetch another conversation with the dragons about what is going on.

Thing is Igneel said its forbidden for the dragons to interfere with the humans yet Acnologia is doing just that, hes on a rampage trying to kill anything on that island.
Grandine was hinting back then that they could *do something*. Infuriating Igneel, so im thinking the dragonking gave orders but the dragons themselves dont always follow them and Igneel seems like the most loyal to the code.
Doesnt take away the possibility that Acnologia is either a defector of the dragons or that Zeref did something to him turning him into this mad crazy being. However acording to Zeref there is no hint in him having anything to do with how Acnologia reacts. Btw it seems highly likely now that Zeref = the black dragonslayer.

In the end it could even be that Acnologia is trying to take over the dragonrealm and that the dragonslayers are a loophole in dragonlaw. I can imagin that its forbidden for a dragon to kill another dragon but if they trained humans in their arts they could create a dragonslayer to take care of the business. Specially if they are so stuck on their rules like what Igneel feels like.
Its kinda weird for a parent (even if its a foster) to not want to help their child but hes stuck on not aiding Natsu regardless. so they hold dear to their laws.
Acnologia could have created Zeref or trained him as dragonslayer prior to the others, why? Its simple that Zeref knows about everything there is yet the other 3 are not trained fully and have no clue about the dragons other then knowing who their parent is.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
September 25, 2011, 10:04 AM
Lucy isn't going to die, Cana was shown crying here, http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/232/14 and the feminine hand is Lucy from here, http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/19 As for Natsu crying that looks like it is going to be fulfilled in this chapter.

2 out of 3 my friend. In the vision, Natsu is crying, but he's not wearing bandages. In this chapter, he's wearing them. He already cried when he faced Gildarts.

exacta
September 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
The Black Dragon Acnologia is awesome......clearly Mashima was inspired somewhat by his own creation Endless when he thought of this, but Acnologia is MUCH cooler and interesting IMO, at least from what we've seen so far. Looks like the heart of FT's plot is showing itself right now, so I think Mashima won't mess anything up in these upcoming chapters.

Makarovs in a situation that will likely end with his death again, but this time I think it might really happen......funny though, because I always thought Makarov would have to be around for the Raven Tail arc. I wonder when those guys will show up, they were first mentioned waaaaaaaaaaay back in the Star Festival. Perhaps if Makarov does indeed die, will see some kind of reaction from Ivan.But yeah, the moment I read the title of this chapter, I had a feeling Makarov would die, especially with that picture....

1337 haxor
September 25, 2011, 10:23 AM
DRAGONS ARE FUKKEN INSANE!

That thing alone made all of FT shit their pants and Gildartz being the first to yell "RUN MOTHAFUKARS RUN!" confirms that Acnologia is beyond ridiculous when it comes to power.

Some people complained the beast didn't use magic, why would he?

Do you use a flamethrower to kill the roaches in your kitchen? Just a wham from his claws and all of FT is minced meat.

Acnologia regards humans so low that they are barely even worth of his magic, besides that if he fires that godlike nuclear death power of his nobody will survive.

Also, nobody dies of explosions in shonen, it has to be shown clearly in all of it's might.

Atobe the king
September 25, 2011, 10:36 AM
-I'm glad black dragon doesn't talk,would kill all of the novelty for me if he did..
-I'm guessing Acnologia is the weird dragon...and that a dragon slayers purpose is to stop rogues like him natsu did say "I'm a dragon slayer i should be fighting him"
-Also think that a new age of dragons is coming..
-RIP old man :(

Sollum
September 25, 2011, 10:50 AM
Damn, i was listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W63Zi1g4D90) while reading chapter >.> It made this chapter so sad, yet so epic.

After Zeref said his line and added "AGAIN", i remembered Cell from DBZ >.> Imagine Dragon Slayers reverting back into babies and crawling into an Eggs to sleep long long long long time <.<

By the way, i don't think that Zeref is Nightmare (or black) Dragon Slayer. Note how all Dragon slayer magic starts or ends with " * Fire/Air/Metal Dragon *", like:
Fire Dragons Roar
Kick of Fire Dragon

Tho Wendies spells don't seem to have that "slayerish" part.

Maybe Zeref is pupil of Acnologia, thought to black magic, instead of dragon slaying magic.

dragoon3646
September 25, 2011, 10:55 AM
Hi guys, I don't post comments here much but I always read your post. I just got a crazy thought about the black dragon and Zeref, you know like how Natsu is the fire dragon slayer and eats fire, what if Acnologia isn't the dragon of death but is really the dragon of life. which would make sense because then he would eat life causing death. this would go along with Zeref's life and death magic. making life and eating life too. Eating their own element makes them stronger, which is why both Acnologia and Zeref are so powerful.

Ratatosk
September 25, 2011, 11:17 AM
I haven't posted much on this series, but seriously, chapters like this are why I read Fairy Tail... it goes from blah boobs cheese nakama legions of annoying cats to suddenly, it's a motherfcking Dragon!:D

I'm guessing they're like Earthsea dragons, will only talk to (instead of eat) people they find interesting.
Also, wtf is an apocalypse dragon? instead of fire or wind or iron it breathes armageddon?

kakashidad
September 25, 2011, 11:24 AM
The black dragon acknowlogia is nothing more than a very bad dragon lol.Remember it chooses
NOT to communicate with humans.What does that make zeref i hear you ask?? simply put.The exception.We've enough hints thoughout the manga sofar,to say that natsu wendy and gazeille
dragons communicated with them.It stands to very reasonable reasons to me at least.
That the different dragon have different personality...thems my thoughts on that anyway.:D

ndulzky
September 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Oh woww...this new chapter!!! Oh my gosh...
Unike exacta, I did not know this was coming at all! Maybe I'm just stupid, but the last couple of chapters have been kinda anticlimactic, so I thought this arc was ending soon, and as usual, it will be a happy ending, and that nobody died.

I still remember the vision that Charlee saw, that somebody cried, but I thought I saw a lot of people cried during the battle already.

And yes, the last page of the last chapter did say something about disaster coming...but I just never thought Makarov will die!!! I was so relieved when he survived from the battle before...and just like you said, it's more likely that he will be finished off by the dragon this time...sob sob...

I am so sad...I don't want Makarov to die...but to be honest, yes it will make it a good story...

FRINGE
September 25, 2011, 12:53 PM
This chapter with the terrifying Black Dragon Acnologia making its arrival has made FT's story progress even further and its power is awesome yet scary. Glidartz knows how friggin strong that thing is and it looks like Zeref knows Acnologia cannot be stopped nor reason with. Its the "Bringer of Destruction" for this big baddie, and its sad that Makarov (Gramps) is going to die for the sake of Nastu and the others. T_T he lived a long life and he was great master who loved his guild like family... I felt a deep sorrow knowing what the end of the arc will bring when it started, I knew Gramps was going to die.... its so sad...

OPN
September 25, 2011, 01:33 PM
this chapter was freaken awesome. from begining too end and acnoglia has so far lived up too the hype. i predict that the third magic is a literal fairy tail that makes illusion magic that traps its opponent in a illusion for who knows how long and makes them suffer true hell...though thats my two cents. its starting too seem like dragons will be the new main antagonists and it would certainly fit. i also think markarov will die but before he dies he has a flashback about all his children and right when the dragon is about too attack FT igneel,metalcana and grandine appear and we have a flashback explaining the origins of dragons and the whole deal with 777 explained then we will have a epic dragon battle....but i doubt it will happen sadly.

shuha27
September 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
Great chapter! Finally we get to see a dragon in action. It seems like Makarov knows some information about the black dragon.

I remember how I always wanted someone to die in FT but now that it might happen...I don't want to see it happen :(

Rarhyx
September 25, 2011, 02:21 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/86710913/17
the top 3 panels touched my heart :/

laxus becomes slowly one of my fav. chars in ft^^

Ifrit
September 25, 2011, 02:33 PM
Great chapter! Finally we get to see a dragon in action. It seems like Makarov knows some information about the black dragon.

I remember how I always wanted someone to die in FT but now that it might happen...I don't want to see it happen :(

exactly it make me wonder here

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/86710913/6

I think Makarov was ready for this day...I think Makarov knew about it all this time "Poryushika" that weird women prophecy. maybe this is what Makarov meant by you will understand one day.

Brotor
September 25, 2011, 03:01 PM
Dragon-awesome
Makarov fighting Dragon - more awesome
Makarov dying - very NOT awesome (cause I like him)

but seriously beginning of new era ruled by Acnowlogia made me read this chapter 3 times

Chapter rating 9/10 (I really don't want Makarov to be dead)

Sevenheadedmirror
September 25, 2011, 04:53 PM
DIE MAKAROV, DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!!! Muahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahah!... I hope it is real this time, if you think about it, it's very unlikely to happen (the situation came out of the blue). But seriously the man needs to die, Mashima has been teasing us with it for a long time and you know what you do with a teaser that never gives you anything: you break up with her.

... wait what? (lost my train of thought there)

White Silver King
September 25, 2011, 04:59 PM
Awesome, if sad chapter. I wish Makarov didn't have to die, but he really really does. FT needs to know what it means to lose something. The fact that Natsu still wanted to fight that dragon like an arrogant idiot despite Gildart's wisdom and Makarov's final wish for him to get away proves it.

...God I hate Natsu.

If humans are truly like insects to dragons, then what's the whole business with Dragonslayers is supposed to mean ?
Unless there is another truth behind it, I just don't get Zeref's logic.
Only Acnologia sees them as such, the other dragons obviously have some liking for humankind.

Naruffy
September 25, 2011, 06:53 PM
I actually want Makarov to die, I think that I'd bring a sad but much needed change to the manga. I feel like Makarov has been about to 'die' many times, but this time it may actually be real. On another note, why did Natsu say "I knew it, Dragon's really do exist" If he was raised by one?

DEATHBOTT
September 25, 2011, 07:03 PM
i wonder if gildarts will stay. he should try to help atleast.

halfcrzy
September 25, 2011, 07:15 PM
Huh on page 5 why was makarov's tattoo through his bandages? I kept looking at that and didnt get it. I think i found a woops! moment

sarutobi_sensei
September 25, 2011, 08:14 PM
I actually want Makarov to die, I think that I'd bring a sad but much needed change to the manga. I feel like Makarov has been about to 'die' many times, but this time it may actually be real. On another note, why did Natsu say "I knew it, Dragon's really do exist" If he was raised by one?

Mostly because most people didn't believe they still existed, apart from Makarov, Guildartz, members of the council, Gérard, Zero and members of the 7 kin of purgatory. Oh and most likely the spirits and Layla knew as well.

Of course that Natsu's friends believed in him, but they never thought they'd see one in their lifetime.

mr.danly
September 25, 2011, 08:42 PM
i wonder if gildarts will stay. he should try to help atleast.

um... seeing as the last time he faced up against acnowlogia, he got the s**t kicked out of him and lost an arm and a leg in about 2 seconds http://www.mangareader.net/135-44553-16/fairy-tail/chapter-166.html, there's really not much point in sacrificing his life ALONG with Makarov's. He wouldn't even slow Acnowlogia down much, most likely, and FT would have lost its two most powerful members in one go. Probably not a good idea.

exacta
September 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
I just thought of something! What if what made Zeref have a change of heart was Nirvana? He said he's been around for 400 years, he might have been around for when the Nirvites cast Nirvana even....

Ninja_Pirate
September 26, 2011, 02:15 AM
So gildartz will be the new master for FT... i hope its not erza or laxus..!!! what about the old lady who treated makarov before.. but another thing.. FT member could not die on the island because of the continuous replenishment done by the island.. so may be makarov might pull off after dragon leave him there half dead...

senewe
September 26, 2011, 02:54 AM
We won't be seeing Makarov for a while. He will make a comeback on later stage. He said that was his last Word as FT Master doesn't mean he has to die so someone could replace him. He is retiring and doing some plot-related 'freelance' job I guess.

wooticus
September 26, 2011, 03:12 AM
So gildartz will be the new master for FT... i hope its not erza or laxus..!!! what about the old lady who treated makarov before.. but another thing.. FT member could not die on the island because of the continuous replenishment done by the island.. so may be makarov might pull off after dragon leave him there half dead...

i think even the tenrou island protection has a limit and can't save makarov from the power of a dragon. Polyushka might indeed the person to decide over the next FT master. I guess she is keeping makarovs last will. So the S-class exam won't give us a new s-class mage but a new FT master.

But as i said before. Laxus will probably be the next master. He isn't ready yet, but imho Fairy Tail will be disbanded by the council after this arc.

Atobe the king
September 26, 2011, 06:27 AM
Awesome, if sad chapter. I wish Makarov didn't have to die, but he really really does. FT needs to know what it means to lose something. The fact that Natsu still wanted to fight that dragon like an arrogant idiot despite Gildart's wisdom and Makarov's final wish for him to get away proves it.

...God I hate Natsu.

Le sigh.

Lol natsu brought up the most obvious yet ignored fact in the series "I'm a dragon slayer and thats a dragon" why wouldn't he want to fight it. And really did you expect Natsu to NOT do that? Only Gidarltz has made him taste fear. That'd be completely out of character, more importantly he only did that to serve as a plot device even someone as thick as natsu could grasp what deep **** they were in when he saw laxus shaking.

And wtf? people wanted FT to get their asses handed to them..and how they always win...and nakama power up xn...and now someone is likely to die but suddenly no one wants it to happen :p?

I think that I'd bring a sad but much needed change to the manga

Death as drama is very overdone...it's not the only way to bring about dramatic change....especially when its a pointless death that only serves as artificial drama to a dull plot (not in this case though)

goldb
September 26, 2011, 06:36 AM
I dont necessarily like the idea of Makarov dying but it'd be interesting to see how the plot and guild progress without him. As for what Natsu said about fighting the black dragon; wasn't it said that only Dragonslayers can defeat dragons? hence their names.....? so Atobe is right there;
But poor Laxus; not being to save his grandpa and having to save face in order to evacuate everyone. Very emotional.

Darjaille
September 26, 2011, 06:58 AM
Yes, Makarov needs to die. I have a feeling every fight in this arc was accompanied with complaints of how dumb and unbelievable the ending was. Now, Makarov is facing the black dragon, and he cannot get out of it alive. Really, the dragon almost killed Gildartz (Gildartz who defeated Bluenote like nothing) in seconds.

Of course Natsu wanted to fight Acnologia, and he has the right. However, he is not strong enough yet. But Dragonslayer magic is the only thing, that could kill the dragon (or that's how I understand the whole Dragonslayer stuff).

I'm thinking the last FT spell (besides Fairy Law and Fairy Glitter) will be something used as the last resort when protecting your friends. Makarov somehow needs to stall Acnologia for long enough, so that others are safe, and I don't think they'd be safe on a boat in the middle of ocean, when it needs just one hit and you're sunk.

Then there's one more thing I think could happen. You know, the guy who started to like Fairy Tail. the teleport Mest. I think he really wants to save them.

Oh, and I agree with whoever said it. After this arc, the Council will label FT as dark guild, or they'll be disbanded and will exist just unofficially.

llamapie
September 26, 2011, 07:32 AM
Yes, Makarov needs to die. I have a feeling every fight in this arc was accompanied with complaints of how dumb and unbelievable the ending was. Now, Makarov is facing the black dragon, and he cannot get out of it alive. Really, the dragon almost killed Gildartz (Gildartz who defeated Bluenote like nothing) in seconds.

Of course Natsu wanted to fight Acnologia, and he has the right. However, he is not strong enough yet. But Dragonslayer magic is the only thing, that could kill the dragon (or that's how I understand the whole Dragonslayer stuff).

I'm thinking the last FT spell (besides Fairy Law and Fairy Glitter) will be something used as the last resort when protecting your friends. Makarov somehow needs to stall Acnologia for long enough, so that others are safe, and I don't think they'd be safe on a boat in the middle of ocean, when it needs just one hit and you're sunk.

Then there's one more thing I think could happen. You know, the guy who started to like Fairy Tail. the teleport Mest. I think he really wants to save them.

Oh, and I agree with whoever said it. After this arc, the Council will label FT as dark guild, or they'll be disbanded and will exist just unofficially.

Ya the ending to the whole hades fight seemed rushed to me. I mean I predicted it but I still expected something a bit more uh .. powerful? They off screened the heart which didn't make much sense to me. Zeref summoning the death dragon answers a lot of questions and also supports a few of my theories.

I think all the true dragon slayers are as ancient as Zeref, they're just reborn into certain eras with no memories except of their dragons. That's the reason Zeref tested Natsu, because Natsu should be capable of killing him. The words of Zeref this chapter were ominous of this as well. Its as if he's known him for a long time, its only Natsu has no recollection of that.

Anyways there is a back story to all their histories that should be coming up eventually since Mashima has slowly been leading us this way. First got me thinking about this when Natsu couldn't go through that barrier because it read him as over 80 years old.

Beyond that I like the idea of FT becoming a dark guild, it would be pretty awesome to see how they all handle it. All the dark guilds we've seen have been dark for a reason, they're genuinely bad people. FT is different though, they're just strong and reckless but still good natured. I hope Mashima takes that as an opportunity to make Natsu work to be stronger instead of randomly powering him up in fights. Its just not satisfying how inexplicably strong he becomes for no reason whatsoever. It just lacks that general anime feeling where main characters train and then we see the results as they overcome foes they previously couldn't. Mashima has skipped that step altogether and Natsu having a reason like protecting the guild would be a nice change of pace.

ca12nag3
September 26, 2011, 09:23 AM
Ya the ending to the whole hades fight seemed rushed to me. I mean I predicted it but I still expected something a bit more uh .. powerful? They off screened the heart which didn't make much sense to me. Zeref summoning the death dragon answers a lot of questions and also supports a few of my theories.

I think all the true dragon slayers are as ancient as Zeref, they're just reborn into certain eras with no memories except of their dragons. That's the reason Zeref tested Natsu, because Natsu should be capable of killing him. The words of Zeref this chapter were ominous of this as well. Its as if he's known him for a long time, its only Natsu has no recollection of that.

Anyways there is a back story to all their histories that should be coming up eventually since Mashima has slowly been leading us this way. First got me thinking about this when Natsu couldn't go through that barrier because it read him as over 80 years old.

Beyond that I like the idea of FT becoming a dark guild, it would be pretty awesome to see how they all handle it. All the dark guilds we've seen have been dark for a reason, they're genuinely bad people. FT is different though, they're just strong and reckless but still good natured. I hope Mashima takes that as an opportunity to make Natsu work to be stronger instead of randomly powering him up in fights. Its just not satisfying how inexplicably strong he becomes for no reason whatsoever. It just lacks that general anime feeling where main characters train and then we see the results as they overcome foes they previously couldn't. Mashima has skipped that step altogether and Natsu having a reason like protecting the guild would be a nice change of pace.

There is some things to consider however, their hometown supports FT even if FT is somewhat reckless at times. I think there is a clear distinction in what a dark guild is. Its not just a banned guild. Dark guilds are created from mages that are banned from guilds or being outlawed all together and they group together and form dark guilds.

Another factor is that we have seen a dark FT in the mirror world, where FT was outlawed and became a dark guild. Mashima isnt a guy that reuses the same construction twice in the same story.

So FT as dark guild is a slim chance. At best they could put FT under supervision and send some cronies to keep FT in line. Or disband FT all together.

exacta
September 26, 2011, 10:18 AM
Another factor is that we have seen a dark FT in the mirror world, where FT was outlawed and became a dark guild. Mashima isnt a guy that reuses the same construction twice in the same story.

Yes he does.......he's put Makarov in a situation where it looks like hes going to die FOUR times now. He created three characters that are Sieghart from Rave Master clones. How many times has he had Natsu win a fight by eating something? He's also used the idea of Fairy Tail being surprise-attacked by a dark guild twice now. Not complaining or anything, just saying that just because he toyed with the idea of Fairy Tail being labeled as a dark guild or being outlawed once doesn't mean he won't do it again,especially since it was Edolas Fairy Tail.

The fact that freaking Zeref was chilling on FT's island looks pretty darn suspicious.....the Council could easily try and pull something on FT for that, even though it's not their fault. That Gran Dorma guy doesn't seem to be very reasonable.

ca12nag3
September 26, 2011, 10:43 AM
Yes he does.......he's put Makarov in a situation where it looks like hes going to die FOUR times now. He created three characters that are Sieghart from Rave Master clones. How many times has he had Natsu win a fight by eating something? He's also used the idea of Fairy Tail being surprise-attacked by a dark guild twice now. Not complaining or anything, just saying that just because he toyed with the idea of Fairy Tail being labeled as a dark guild or being outlawed once doesn't mean he won't do it again,especially since it was Edolas Fairy Tail.

The fact that freaking Zeref was chilling on FT's island looks pretty darn suspicious.....the Council could easily try and pull something on FT for that, even though it's not their fault. That Gran Dorma guy doesn't seem to be very reasonable.

I said within the same manga, so dont come to me with Sieg lol.
Also the structure is where Makarov = injured already, his wounds are breaking up as hes taking on the dragon. If this isnt clear enough i dont see what is. Its not the same thing when Makarov lost to Hades but survived.
The hit he took from Hades is where now the blood is gushing out. So its all planned ahead by the writer how the 2prong hit of Hades and the dragon on Makarov will cost him his life.

The dark guild twice? What dark guild twice?

-Erigor (Eisenwald guild) didnt attack FT but the council, they tried to nullify the FT members in particular Erza from coming to the rescue.
-Phantom was a legal guild
-Orasion Seis was them attacking a dark guild with the alliance.
-Jelal+Tower wasnt even a guild.
-Kingdom wasnt a guild but a entire world/civilization in the other dimension.
-Grimoir Hearts is the FIRST guild that attacks them.

Btw the wound ^^

Where Hades shot him. (http://www.goodmanga.net/fairy_tail/chapter/216/17)
Here is where he starts bleeding when holding the dragon the 2nd pallet bottom left. (http://www.goodmanga.net/fairy_tail/chapter/252/15)

1337 haxor
September 26, 2011, 12:34 PM

It was me who predicted FT will become a Dark Guild first if you are interested.

It was bound to happen the moment you have criminal characters like Ultear, Meredy and Jellal becoming good guys who cannot join a light guild without being arrested.

Fairy Tail will be ordered to disband by council rule, however, they will resist of course and war will erupt between them and the council.

So far, as much as Magnolia Town loves their guild, they will either be shut up by the council's war machine or be told that Fairy Tail was responsible for awakening Zeref.

Also, since Purehito was the second Fairy Tail master there are high chances that everybody on the good side will actually belive FT was actually seeking to awake Zeref the whole time at least until truth is revealed.

My prediction is as following:

-Fairy Tail returns to Magnolia to find the guild has been raided by the council and most secondary members were arrested.

-The core mages that returned in the ship will attempt a prison break possibly with the help of Ultear and Meredy and this will lead to Jellal joining their group.

-The prison break succeeds only partially as most mages remain imprisioned while FT escape to the bad lands with Doranbalt's help, this lead to him being expelled from the council and joining Fairy Tail.

-Lost in the middle of nowhere and without a clear goal besides freeing their friends and finding a way to stop Acnologia the guild will end up attacked by Raven Tail since it sounds like the best idea to face them at their weakest.

-The battle with Raven Tail will be a decisive turn in morale, Laxus will finally accept his role as guild master (even if he is pointed out now he will probably have doubts about it), there is high chance a new dragon slayer will join their group, everyone's powers will boost and Ivan will finally have a settlement with his family and former guild.

-If Mashima wants to hit the nail on irony he can create a new Ballam Alliance composed of Fairy Tail, Raven Tail and Tartaros.

Atobe the king
September 26, 2011, 02:09 PM
Yes he does.......he's put Makarov in a situation where it looks like hes going to die FOUR times now

Aww man this made my day. So true.

It was bound to happen the moment you have criminal characters like Ultear, Meredy and Jellal becoming good guys who cannot join a light guild without being arrested.

So you'd like this addition as well?

exacta
September 26, 2011, 03:46 PM
I said within the same manga, so dont come to me with Sieg lol.
Also the structure is where Makarov = injured already, his wounds are breaking up as hes taking on the dragon. If this isnt clear enough i dont see what is. Its not the same thing when Makarov lost to Hades but survived.
The hit he took from Hades is where now the blood is gushing out. So its all planned ahead by the writer how the 2prong hit of Hades and the dragon on Makarov will cost him his life.

The dark guild twice? What dark guild twice?

-Erigor (Eisenwald guild) didnt attack FT but the council, they tried to nullify the FT members in particular Erza from coming to the rescue.
-Phantom was a legal guild
-Orasion Seis was them attacking a dark guild with the alliance.
-Jelal+Tower wasnt even a guild.
-Kingdom wasnt a guild but a entire world/civilization in the other dimension.
-Grimoir Hearts is the FIRST guild that attacks them.

Btw the wound ^^

Where Hades shot him. (http://www.goodmanga.net/fairy_tail/chapter/216/17)
Here is where he starts bleeding when holding the dragon the 2nd pallet bottom left. (http://www.goodmanga.net/fairy_tail/chapter/252/15)

True Phantom Lord wasn't a dark guild, but it functioned like one in the sense that it was a bunch of antagonists having purely evil reasons for their actions ambushing FT. Okay then, there have already been two arcs where Fairy Tail has been randomly ambushed by a GUILD. Call that too broad to be similiar if you want, but that would contradict FT not being labeled a dark guild twice, because the reason for it being disbanded in Edolas would be a different one if this were to happen.

And Sieg Hart is brought into this. Why? Because first we have Sieg Rein, a clone of Sieg Hart. Then we have Jellal, a clone of Sieg Rein, thus a clone of Sieg Hart. THEN we have Mystogan, looking just like Jellal, thus looking like Sieg Rein exactly, thus being another design of Sieg Hart.

The first time Mashima did it, it wasn't a rehash. But then he made a clone of the clone, and then ended up having a clone of a clone of a clone, so Sieg definitely counts.

And yes him being wounded by Hades is basically the same. Makarov had to be healed by Wendy, he was in critical condition. He got hit by an Amaterasu Seal, slammed against the terrain by Hades chains, and got a beam through his chest, then let his hand get set of fire by Zancrows godflames. Why would he have sent out his will to Luxus if he was not concerned about him surviving this?

Then there was when Aria absorbed his power, and then there was when he fell ill during the Star Festival. And now theres Acnologia, so thats twice in the same arc actually. Mashima has always been making it look like Makarov is going to die. This time, I think he's really going to do it though.

White Silver King
September 26, 2011, 05:14 PM
Le sigh.

:cookiestare

Lol natsu brought up the most obvious yet ignored fact in the series "I'm a dragon slayer and thats a dragon" why wouldn't he want to fight it.
I don't know, maybe, just maybe, because that same dragon nearly slaughtered the man who made Natsu cry and fall to his knees from just being in the prescense of his full-power; or maybe because that same man taught Natsu a valuable lesson that you can't beat everyone as he was choking on his own tears; or maybe because it was his Master's dying wish that he run away.

And really did you expect Natsu to NOT do that?
I thought that because of the seriousness of the situation, Mashima would prove me wrong.

Only Gidarltz has made him taste fear.
And that dragon made Gildarts taste his own organs.

That'd be completely out of character,
That's the point. It's called growth.

And wtf? people wanted FT to get their asses handed to them..and how they always win...and nakama power up xn...and now someone is likely to die but suddenly no one wants it to happen ?
It's not that, Makarov does need to die, as nearly every post in this thread says. It's just sad he's going to die, his character was likable. IMO, though, it's sadder that he has to die. Had Mashima allowed FT to know loss before this situation - it doesn't even have to be a loss of life, just a major loss - he wouldn't have to kill off Makarov to allow FT to really experience what it means to travel the path of life.

Atobe the king
September 26, 2011, 05:51 PM
I don't know, maybe, just maybe, because that same dragon nearly slaughtered the man who made Natsu cry and fall to his knees from just being in the prescense of his full-power; or maybe because that same man taught Natsu a valuable lesson that you can't beat everyone as he was choking on his own tears; or maybe because it was his Master's dying wish that he run away.

Idk if you've noticed but after that fight he's exhibited none of that and has been the same ole same ole, which is why none of his actions surprised me.

I thought that because of the seriousness of the situation, Mashima would prove me wrong.

I wasn't expecting any silliness or anime faces but even in deep **** like that mashima wants "comic relief" present i guess.

That's the point. It's called growth.

Have to be careful with that, "growth" can effectively "kill" a character if you know what i mean (and why shounen heroes tend not to change much)

it doesn't even have to be a loss of life, just a major loss

Indeed but death is the easiest most classic method.

ca12nag3
September 26, 2011, 06:50 PM
True Phantom Lord wasn't a dark guild, but it functioned like one in the sense that it was a bunch of antagonists having purely evil reasons for their actions ambushing FT. Okay then, there have already been two arcs where Fairy Tail has been randomly ambushed by a GUILD. Call that too broad to be similiar if you want, but that would contradict FT not being labeled a dark guild twice, because the reason for it being disbanded in Edolas would be a different one if this were to happen.

And Sieg Hart is brought into this. Why? Because first we have Sieg Rein, a clone of Sieg Hart. Then we have Jellal, a clone of Sieg Rein, thus a clone of Sieg Hart. THEN we have Mystogan, looking just like Jellal, thus looking like Sieg Rein exactly, thus being another design of Sieg Hart.

The first time Mashima did it, it wasn't a rehash. But then he made a clone of the clone, and then ended up having a clone of a clone of a clone, so Sieg definitely counts.

And yes him being wounded by Hades is basically the same. Makarov had to be healed by Wendy, he was in critical condition. He got hit by an Amaterasu Seal, slammed against the terrain by Hades chains, and got a beam through his chest, then let his hand get set of fire by Zancrows godflames. Why would he have sent out his will to Luxus if he was not concerned about him surviving this?

Then there was when Aria absorbed his power, and then there was when he fell ill during the Star Festival. And now theres Acnologia, so thats twice in the same arc actually. Mashima has always been making it look like Makarov is going to die. This time, I think he's really going to do it though.

You keep bringing up Sieg plz man i said withIN the same STORY/MANGA im not crossreferencing about Rave. So dont do that while quoting me.

Also characters going down and getting back up is normal in all of Mashimas mangas so the Aria thing i shrug it off. If you dont like it dont read FT. and you cant say both Jelal and Myst are copies of Sieg, why? Well since were officially talking about paralel worlds, there is a copy of everyone except Makarov/Lisanna/Gajeel (only anime).
Your kind of ranting about Sieg a bit too much. Since both Grey and Gajeel are extracted from Musica. In the end like i said i didnt talk about crossreference with the other mangas of Mashima. So its pointless to go on about it.

As for the dark guilds attacking FT it is only GH so end story on that. Its facts im after not feelings ^^ sorry.

exacta
September 26, 2011, 07:10 PM
You keep bringing up Sieg plz man i said withIN the same STORY/MANGA im not crossreferencing about Rave. So dont do that while quoting me.

Also characters going down and getting back up is normal in all of Mashimas mangas so the Aria thing i shrug it off. If you dont like it dont read FT. and you cant say both Jelal and Myst are copies of Sieg, why? Well since were officially talking about paralel worlds, there is a copy of everyone except Makarov/Lisanna/Gajeel (only anime).
Your kind of ranting about Sieg a bit too much. Since both Grey and Gajeel are extracted from Musica. In the end like i said i didnt talk about crossreference with the other mangas of Mashima. So its pointless to go on about it.

As for the dark guilds attacking FT it is only GH so end story on that. Its facts im after not feelings ^^ sorry.

Don't like it don't read it? Wasn't complaining about FT remember? I was just saying that it is entirely possible Mashima can make FT a dark guild. Mashima reuses things, its a fact. You missed the point of my sieg rant. I'll rephrase it for you. He reused the idea of someone looking like Jellal TWICE. The Edolas arc doesn't change the fact that Mashima used someone looking like Jellal as a plot twist TWICE.

And there are still arcs with two enemy guilds randomly attacking Fairy Tail. And they'll probably be ambushed by another one again in the future, it seems likely. My feelings are not hurt.....these are cold hard facts. Mashima reuses certain ways of storytelling, and theres nothing to cross out the possibility that the Council will label FT as a dark guild. Like I said, the most freaking evil mage in history was chilling on their island.

ghostexiled
September 26, 2011, 11:00 PM
I am betting the bank that Makrov dies... otherwise the cover page of him sitting in heaven, the chapter's title and what he states at the end of the chapter are throwing the BIGGEST curve ball ever.

I know Mashima likes to toy with us on characters actually dying... but this has been the boldest and most clearest signal of death of a character this series has laid on us.

Even though the dragon has chosen to not talk... I am still curious for his motives on why he is attacking humans and how the other dragons factor into this.

So from my understanding... this dragon is the same one that Gildartz fought, right? Cause 1st he states that he recognizes the atmosphere surrounding the dragon and then states that he must be from back then... back when?

Back when he fought it I assume.

Anyway, should be interesting!

I also believe that this maybe the time that we see Natsu crying from the prediction of Charlie.

Zeltrax
September 27, 2011, 04:21 AM
You know, it would had been cool if the arc went like :
S class arc begins — > 7 kin attacks -> 7 kin wins and overwhelm. -> dragon arrives and further kick ft ass
-> timeskip happens -> age of dragons where dragons rule after humans or something similar
-> ft is whole lot stronger -> fight 7 kin and show off their growth -> 2nd half of ft begins.

Of course this includes the ft become a dark guild prediction which would explain the Romeo cliffhanger back then, where Romeo may be waiting for the day ft comes back to Magnolia again and where he continues to believe in ft when everyone calls them evil.

Dylan21
September 27, 2011, 11:51 AM
So, Makarov is going to die, nice . Finally a real death , although it was predictable, the old guys always die in mangas.

And i agree, a timeskip (2-3 years) would fit nicely here. It's obvious that Natsu&Co. are no match for dragons yet . Oh and Gildartz'll be the new guild master

I don't think the council will make FT an illegal guild or whatever, judging from the teleport dude the council know what acnowlogia is, so they might just let go FT especially considering they got 3 dragon slayer and another more serious matter to be concerned of

MAX_COLA_POWER!
September 27, 2011, 03:04 PM
I also believe that this maybe the time that we see Natsu crying from the prediction of Charlie.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/18.html - Natsu not wearing bandages
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/16.html , http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/17.html , it happened with Gildarts
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c252/18.html - Natsu wearing bandages, ergo, the vision already happened. Charle's visions were fodder and nothing more.

White Silver King
September 27, 2011, 05:27 PM
I don't think the council will make FT an illegal guild or whatever, judging from the teleport dude the council know what acnowlogia is, so they might just let go FT especially considering they got 3 dragon slayer and another more serious matter to be concerned of
The council desperately wants to get rid of FT; they'll probably say FT was harboring Zeref and Acnologia so they can blacklist them.

Hrathgrath
September 27, 2011, 11:22 PM

I totally agree with you. I'm almost positive that they are ancient(came up with the theroy at the same time as you with the ward that stopped people over 80), and I wouldn't be all too suprised to find out that Acknoligica(sp?) is a "Death dragon" and that Zeref is a "Death Dragon slayer" that was either trained or, my other theory about dragon slayers, that he is a sort of human avatar of him. Now if the dragonslayers are human avatars of the "parent" dragons, than it would follow that Zeref can't kill Acnoligica, since he's likely immune to his abilities.
On the other note, Makarov is likely going to die, I just hope that Mashima does something cool to send him off. I'll bet you anything that either he, or possibly Gildarts(because Laxus seems to be the person setup to be the new master) will end up using Fairy Glitter against the dragon. Having been forshadowed that someone strong would have a much stronger effect with the spell than whats her face.

kkck
September 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
I guess the ending makarov got was better than dying while sick or something. He went out protecting his kids and with a bang. It would have been cool to see makarov at full strength taking on the dragon though. I wonder if the island will grant him some protection though (or perhaps finally get to see what fairy glitter actually does).

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

I also don't think we have seen makarov cry yet. All the images of the future charle saw fitted perfectly some panel from later on. Not a single panel fits the image of natsu crying. The arc seems at an end but there is perhaps just a little more left to see. If natsu gets his hands on some fire he could heal himself.

Another point is how the other dragons will react to this. Ultimately it would seem grandine, metalicana and igneel do care about natsu and the other dragon slayers, their children. Perhaps we the dragon kings festival will take place soon. I wonder if the black dragon is the dragon king though. He seems to command death which in general would be an overwhelming power. He can't be the black dragon of apocalypse for nothing either.

Hrathgrath
September 28, 2011, 12:01 AM
I guess the ending makarov got was better than dying while sick or something. He went out protecting his kids and with a bang. It would have been cool to see makarov at full strength taking on the dragon though. I wonder if the island will grant him some protection though (or perhaps finally get to see what fairy glitter actually does).

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

I also don't think we have seen makarov cry yet. All the images of the future charle saw fitted perfectly some panel from later on. Not a single panel fits the image of natsu crying. The arc seems at an end but there is perhaps just a little more left to see. If natsu gets his hands on some fire he could heal himself.

Another point is how the other dragons will react to this. Ultimately it would seem grandine, metalicana and igneel do care about natsu and the other dragon slayers, their children. Perhaps we the dragon kings festival will take place soon. I wonder if the black dragon is the dragon king though. He seems to command death which in general would be an overwhelming power. He can't be the black dragon of apocalypse for nothing either.

I just had another theroy about the dragonslayers, in response to your "children" comment. Since we know NOTHING about the pasts of any of the dragonslayers prior to their adoption by the dragons, would it be fesable that they are in fact "baby dragons"? and once they reach their prime they become full on dragons? Food for thought.

ca12nag3
September 28, 2011, 04:20 AM
I just had another theroy about the dragonslayers, in response to your "children" comment. Since we know NOTHING about the pasts of any of the dragonslayers prior to their adoption by the dragons, would it be fesable that they are in fact "baby dragons"? and once they reach their prime they become full on dragons? Food for thought.

I dont think that this is the case not that its no good theory but for the epicness of the manga i think Mashima wont go there. What i imagin is that there will be a final transformation available for them that they go dragonmode, as in get a tail and wings and be able to go on par with dragons in term of mobility and fightingpower. But always as base form a human.

~Andrew~
September 28, 2011, 06:09 AM
It's so strange to see a Dragon wtfpwning Fairy Tail's Makarov without much effort. The Dragon has a cool design and all, but it's nothing special compared to the past Enemies. Don't get me wrong, I just think that Hiro lost focus due to the slow story progress and so did I lost my focus as well. Dragons, that's what Fairy Tail is about and will be about again.
What I'm looking forward to see:
- Dragonslayers being Dragonslayers. Because up until now the so called dragonslayers were just a bunch of (extremely) strong Mages. but there were no Dragons to slay.
- The truth behind the Dragons, their whereabouts and/or the current state their in.
- Zeref's true nature. Because I pictured Zeref totally different from what we've seen so far. He's like a Judge, firm but fair.
- Acnowlogia's abilitys. For this Dragon Makarov's attacks are most-likely nothing more like a Dogfight against an Insect (also stated by Zeref. lulz).

If Makarov really dies, then it's proof enough to me that Fairy Tail just got dead-serious. I'm rellay excited right now =A

As for the dragons/dragonslayer-theories, I don't really know what to think anymore, Zeref got me quite confused with turning Natu's Muffler Black and his talk.

Cheers

meepers4982
September 28, 2011, 03:14 PM
I agree FT seems a bit muddled right now but it will probably be cleared up in a few chapters with the conclusion of the arc. Im really happy we get to see an actual dragon, we also through this uncover a bit more of the dragonslayers past ( a huge mystery except for wendy). I dont want makarov to die but i think that unfortuntely its going to happen, at least he is going out with a bang. And i agree with what kkck said, we haven't seen natsu cry yet, non of the panels match perfectly, it will probably happen after they recover and it is confirmed makarov is dead or something by a clothing article or something at the very end of the arc.

ZERO PHOENIX
September 29, 2011, 01:05 PM

The short answer is no. We haven't received anything in the way of information that would make such speculation credible.

It's so strange to see a Dragon wtfpwning Fairy Tail's Makarov without much effort.

How is that strange? :-_- 1) It's a dragon which are traditionally known to be extremely powerful. 2) Makarov was injured. 3) Am I the only one who noticed that this is the same dragon that nearly killed Gildartz? Please don't tell me I'm the only one who knows that.

The Dragon has a cool design and all, but it's nothing special compared to the past Enemies. Don't get me wrong, I just think that Hiro lost focus due to the slow story progress and so did I lost my focus as well. Dragons, that's what Fairy Tail is about and will be about again.

I agree and disagree. I do agree that Mashima lost focus in the last arc, but I don't think that has anything to do with why he inserted a dragon into the game at this stage. Recall that during the conversation between Igneel and Grandine (maybe) they talked of Zeref and the black dragon. Dozens of chapters later Gildartz returns and warns Natsu to stay away from a black dragon. Zeref and this dragon seem to have some connection even if it is only plot related. Not too long after Gildartz returned and warned Natsu about the black dragon, Zeref showed up. Dozens and dozens of chapters later we see Zeref on the island and of course, the black dragon is there too. The appearance of the black dragon is Mashima showing some element of consistency not often seen in the title thus far.

What I'm looking forward to see: - Dragonslayers being Dragonslayers. Because up until now the so called dragonslayers were just a bunch of (extremely) strong Mages. but there were no Dragons to slay.

You know how this goes. At some point the respective "parents" of Windy, Gazille, and Natsu are going to show up to train them. FT goes on hiatus for about six months, and the crew comes back all superpowerful. At their current state, they don't stand a chance against dragons.

- The truth behind the Dragons, their whereabouts and/or the current state their in.

I'd like to know that as well.

- Zeref's true nature. Because I pictured Zeref totally different from what we've seen so far. He's like a Judge, firm but fair.

I wouldn't equate him to a judge. He seems more like a wheel-walker, i.e. someone who is watching history and intervenes when something or someone screws up events but is mostly unparticipative if things are proceeding as history designs. A wheel-walker will often be passive even in the face of chaos if that is what history has written. Zeref seems similar. He was perfectly fine with the actions of Hades until he started, what, messing with Acknowledgia or something.

- Acnowlogia's abilitys. For this Dragon Makarov's attacks are most-likely nothing more like a Dogfight against an Insect (also stated by Zeref. lulz).

Something like that.

If Makarov really dies, then it's proof enough to me that Fairy Tail just got dead-serious. I'm rellay excited right now =A

Same here. I'm really hoping he dies. Not to be negative or anything but a title without character death is a title for kids. I'm looking forward to seeing FT get serious.

As for the dragons/dragonslayer-theories, I don't really know what to think anymore, Zeref got me quite confused with turning Natu's Muffler Black and his talk.

Doesn't confuse me. It seems that Natsu's muffler is made from dragon hide. Zeref can kill anything he touches. If we assume that the hide of a dragon is "technically" alive then it's quite logical for it to turn black because Zeref touched it.

hoeru
September 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/18.html - Natsu not wearing bandages
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/16.html , http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/17.html , it happened with Gildarts
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c252/18.html - Natsu wearing bandages, ergo, the vision already happened. Charle's visions were fodder and nothing more.

... or natsu will keep crying over makarovs death after hes been recovered. we dont know how far charles visions reach into the future. chagotte was able to see a persons death - which is probably years ahead.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
September 29, 2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX92NiZ3Ihk&feature=related , sorry about the spanish subs, it's the only version I could find in youtube, Go from 10:17 to 10:31 and you'll see the visions in animé form. Look at the backgrounds, and then you'll know once and for all if the visions have been fulfilled or not.

If anyone wishes to continue discussing this matter from the anime's stand point... please go to the anime discussion thread. I am leaving this here since it links into a point that is being discussed within the manga. ~Ghost

~Andrew~
September 30, 2011, 03:06 AM
How is that strange? :-_- 1) It's a dragon which are traditionally known to be extremely powerful. 2) Makarov was injured. 3) Am I the only one who noticed that this is the same dragon that nearly killed Gildartz? Please don't tell me I'm the only one who knows that.

Since you're partially agreeing with nearly all my points, I assume that it was a simple misunderstanding.

It should be clear to everyone that a being which is capable to "frighten" even Zeref and to pwn Makarov and Gildartz is most-likely high/God-tier.
What I meant is that it seems kinda sad that Fairy Tail's Leader is (probably) killed by a Dragon so easily.
He couldn't even force the Dragon to use some kind of magic.
So I don't know if it's great hype for Acnow or some kind of dehype for Makarov, or maybe even a hype for an injured Makarov for being able to temporarily stop THE Dragon.
Yeah, I guess that's a hype for both of them.
And that's how it was strange. That Chapter had a great impact one me, but now that I thought about it I changed my point of view. ö.öv

kkck
September 30, 2011, 01:32 PM
It's so strange to see a Dragon wtfpwning Fairy Tail's Makarov without much effort. The Dragon has a cool design and all, but it's nothing special compared to the past Enemies. Don't get me wrong, I just think that Hiro lost focus due to the slow story progress and so did I lost my focus as well. Dragons, that's what Fairy Tail is about and will be about again.
What I'm looking forward to see:
- Dragonslayers being Dragonslayers. Because up until now the so called dragonslayers were just a bunch of (extremely) strong Mages. but there were no Dragons to slay.

Cheers

I don't think it is strange for a dragon to do that at all, if anything he should be able to do that even if makarov was at full strength. Didn't gildarts say the dragon defeated him in a second a while back? Its not like it was implied in any way gildarts was not at full strength. Heck, zeref at full power seems to more than fear the dragon and in a few ways seems subordinate to him. Given makarov's and council's reaction to the dragon, I would think the dragon is probably the ultimate baddy in the series. All of the manga has leaded to zeref being the ultimate bad guy but then we got the revelation that the black dragon is zeref's superior and goes as far as thinking of humans as little annoying bugs not worth even considering not squashing.

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 08:00 AM
Man! The last 4 or five post are in the wrong thread!!! To discuss chapter 253 is being discussed here:http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72706-Fairy-Tail-253-Spoiler-Thread

Ghost will change that title from spoiler discussion to discussion/prediction when he sees...