PDA

View Full Version : Do I smell coffee..? An Introduction thread.

Latte
September 18, 2011, 03:32 PM
I'm Latte. Yesyes, named after a coffee. How original. I am a female, turning 17 in about a month.

I originally came to Mangahelpers because I aspire to become a translator. Even though I'm always busy (especially with college coming up).
I'm such a nub at it but I really feel that I want to help get those highly anticipated manga/anime out there and subbed. c:

Native language is French (though I'm forgetting and losing fluency already LOL), 2nd language is English (very strong at the moment since I constantly speak it.) I know Japanese and now tackling down Korean and Chinese (mandarin and Cantonese oh no).

Speaking of which - I am of Afro-Caribbean and Chinese descent.
Hobbies:eh shumi w-... Uh yeah I like to doodle, learn and improve on my languages and play video games.

I think I thoroughly introduced myself. If you have any questions, throw them at me.

alphabeta
September 18, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hi Latte, parlez vous francais? :p

Nice to see, that you registered on MH. Oh, yeah, you call me Alpha btw. I don't bite :D ...usually

Anyway, what manga/anime do you read/watch?
What's your favorite colour?
What video games do you play?
Do you intend on learning russian? :derp

M3J
September 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
What do you hope to translate manga into? English or French?

You like America?

Latte
September 18, 2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Latte, parlez vous francais? :p

Nice to see, that you registered on MH. Oh, yeah, you call me Alpha btw. I don't bite :D ...usually

Anyway, what manga/anime do you read/watch?
What's your favorite colour?
What video games do you play?
Do you intend on learning russian? :derp
Oui, je parle bien. c;
All righty, Alpha, I hope you don't drink me. D;
Currently I'm very much into Mawaru Penguindrum(for anime) and Eden no Ori/Cage of Eden (manga). I like many others but for now these are my main interests. xD

Uhh, my favorite colour is royal blue, because it is a very serene baby blue with a sprinkle of lavender mixed in.

As for video games - Dead Island. Oh my god, I have never screamed so much in my entire life. I played it alone and I regret it now.
I also play some shooter MMOs because COD bores me now.

And as for Russian - LOL no. I tried to learn Russian and it was the most hardest thing ever. The cryillic alone makes me cry and confuses me already. @_@ I think I'm going to stick to learning the East Asian languages instead. /o/

What do you hope to translate manga into? English or French?

You like America?

Oh hello, M3J~
I hope to translate manga into English, since I feel much more confident that there is a dire need for Japanese to English translators than Japanese to French.

Uh - Yes!! I do like America.. not as much as those nationalist /coughredneckcough AMURIKANS but, y'know.
I do not currently have a one sided opinion on America since it's already owned by China from the debt. /shot
If I said that I'm going to vote for Sarah Palin 2012 and move to Canada; how would you feel about it? /coughcough

M3J
September 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
Hai. You like Black Ops/have PS3? =D

Really? I thought there'd be more need for Japanese to French translators. Which group are you hoping to work with?

Where do you live in America?

I'd personally hunt you down and shoot you. If Palin wins, then the aforementioned plus torture and kill. Just because Palin is a crappy choice, you evil woman. D:

You read Beelzebub or Good Ending? Good manga, both.

Latte
September 18, 2011, 04:49 PM
Hai. You like Black Ops/have PS3? =D

Really? I thought there'd be more need for Japanese to French translators. Which group are you hoping to work with?

Where do you live in America?

I'd personally hunt you down and shoot you. If Palin wins, then the aforementioned plus torture and kill. Just because Palin is a crappy choice, you evil woman. D:

You read Beelzebub or Good Ending? Good manga, both.
PS3 - yes. Black Ops - Had it, when first released, didn't like the bugs so much that I have returned it. (If I cannot snipe properly, no use playing. :C)

Hmm, I did not know that.
I usually read most manga in English since.. I barely even touch/read French anymore. xD

And as for groups, I do not know, personally. I mean I know there are a TON of groups out there that are translating my favorite manga series and what not, but I just want to help any group that desperately needs translators.

I mean.. it'll be great if I can work with Red Hawk Scanlations/cough or Mango Scans /double cough

In AMUREKA. I used to live in New York, but I live in Pennsylvania at the moment - Hoping to find a school that fits my needs. (University with International Business/Computer Science as well as Japanese/Chinese/Korean for languages to study in. Dx fml)

As for Palin - You're being a little too harsh, I mean PALIN CAN SEE RUSSIA FROM HER HOUSE; That's an amazing ability to why she should become president. ;D Besides, you'll never find me.

Beelzebub - Yes, stopped reading it, dunno why. ._. Good Ending - Yes and hnnnng ;___; I stopped reading that also because I eventually forgot about it and hopped on a shoujo romance/psychological manhwa.

God I type a lot.

M3J
September 18, 2011, 06:17 PM
What's wrong with sniping? And sniping is awesome, it's an art form. A clear headshot is an amazing sight. :3 Get it again so we can play together! :3

I don't know though, just so you know. I'm guessing English has more translators than French. You should stay fluent in French as well. If I'm guessing correctly, you're an immigrant? If so, where'd you come from?

Oh. Good thing about reading scanlations is that they let you know if the group needs help. :3 Red Hawk is very good.

Oh. So you lived right north of me and now west of me. I'm going to Philly for school as well, Drexel University. What major are you hoping to go into? I know it's related to international business and/or computer science. And, how'd you learn Japanese?

NOWAI! I think she got Russia confused with Alaska... she's stupid enough to do that. :oh And I can find anyone if I wished to.

Read both again! Do you read Kimi ni Todoke?

You do, but nothing wrong with that as long as it's not boring.

Nanoi
September 18, 2011, 06:26 PM
Welcome.

Latte
September 18, 2011, 06:48 PM
Welcome.

Thank you. c:

alphabeta
September 19, 2011, 04:29 AM
And as for Russian - LOL no. I tried to learn Russian and it was the most hardest thing ever. The cryillic alone makes me cry and confuses me already. @_@ I think I'm going to stick to learning the East Asian languages instead. /o/

Ha, many say that, but guess what? Number of russian characters - 33. Number of chinese characters - 106,230.

Feel the diference~ :om

Latte
September 19, 2011, 05:11 AM
Ha, many say that, but guess what? Number of russian characters - 33. Number of chinese characters - 106,230.

Feel the diference~ :om
At least there isn't 56 conjugations for words. :C My friend took Russian at PennState; she confuses her N's with the Russian backwards N's and pronounces them as "e"s. ._.

At least I am able to read some (by some I mean like 10.2%) of those chinese characters D:<

alphabeta
September 19, 2011, 05:16 AM
At least there isn't 56 conjugations for words. :C My friend took Russian at PennState; she confuses her N's with the Russian backwards N's and pronounces them as "e"s. ._.

At least I am able to read some (by some I mean like 10.2%) of those chinese characters D:<

I don't know what your friend took at PennState, but it was definetelly not russian :XD

If we were to take the russian "N", that would be "Н". First of all, the backwards "N" is "И" and that is a "I". No matter how you look it at it isn't an "E" -_-;

No, wait, she pronounces them as "E". Aaaah, then everything's fine. I really should read your posts more careful -_-;

yukihime03
September 19, 2011, 11:24 AM
Welcome to MH!!

Wow, you sure learned a lot of languages... I wish I can talk French... and Japanese... but I only know very little about French and my Japanese is still basic. :scry Maybe you can teach me? :hurr

Enchantee! :XD

Latte
September 19, 2011, 02:01 PM
I don't know what your friend took at PennState, but it was definetelly not russian :XD

If we were to take the russian "N", that would be "Н". First of all, the backwards "N" is "И" and that is a "I". No matter how you look it at it isn't an "E" -_-;

No, wait, she pronounces them as "E". Aaaah, then everything's fine. I really should read your posts more careful -_-;
D: LOL Yeah, sorry about that, I tend to word my posts very carefully to avoid misconceptions and confusion. ._.

Welcome to MH!!

Wow, you sure learned a lot of languages... I wish I can talk French... and Japanese... but I only know very little about French and my Japanese is still basic. :scry Maybe you can teach me? :hurr

Enchantee! :XD
Yeah, learning languages is a hobby of mine.. then again I have not life. /cough
I can teach you, yesyes. C: My Japanese though is pretty okay, still have to study a bit more to take the JLPTs >_<