PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 253 Discussion

3c
September 25, 2011, 07:41 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72572-Fairy-Tail-252-Discussion-253-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

~Andrew~
October 01, 2011, 05:45 AM
I just read new Fairy Tail Chapter. I'm astonished right now, it's rare to see such an extreme twist/change in Plot.
Whoah, wth.

~Andrew~
October 01, 2011, 05:46 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/1 Chapter's out.

TemplateR
October 01, 2011, 05:48 AM
A timeskip huh !?!?

Anyway, I´m more excited now, what happens in the next chapter of FT !!!

Skyguardian
October 01, 2011, 05:51 AM
Timeskip... Nice feature. Always gives a manga something. =)

This chapter was kind of weird though...

Can't wait to see it animated... The music will be so awesome...

But who was that girl??

tousendrinksbleach
October 01, 2011, 05:53 AM
7 entire years? wow... cant wait to see the new natsu

Dylan21
October 01, 2011, 05:58 AM
Really weird chapter.

Who the hell is this? http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/10 another dragon slayer?

So i was right about the timeskip , but i didn't expect to be 7 years. The boy is Romeo ... no doubt about it

And obviously the others are not dead

Skyguardian
October 01, 2011, 06:00 AM
Really weird chapter.

Who the hell is this? http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/10 another dragon slayer?

So i was right about the timeskip , but i didn't expect to be 7 years. The boy is Romeo ... no doubt about it

And obviously the others are not dead

Never thought Romeo would become important...

Anyone else things the mysterious girl is Mavis?

They're not dead. Furthermore I doubt they will look older.

Rarhyx
October 01, 2011, 06:05 AM
like i said makarov didn't die :p
somehow I expected what will happen, except the timeskip part

~Andrew~
October 01, 2011, 06:06 AM
@Dylan21:

Well, I guess she's something like the counterpart of Zeref...or what Skyguardian said.

mak123
October 01, 2011, 06:06 AM
What an unexpected TS... Is romeo the one at the end?

ca12nag3
October 01, 2011, 06:14 AM
@Dylan21:

Well, I guess she's something like the counterpart of Zeref...or what Skyguardian said.

counterpart of Zeref would be a light-dragonslayer (or golden) depending on what mythology you hang/cling to.
So if shes a counterpart shes a dragonslayer.

~Andrew~
October 01, 2011, 06:19 AM
Not at all. If she's his counterpart, than in terms of appearance and maybe (and that's what I meant) in terms of personality. But that's just a thought. She's obviously concerned and emotionally moved in a way, as she saw fairy tail fighting an unbeatable opponent. Hrm, but Zeref was kind of sad, too. I don't know, we'll see.

Skyguardian's idea is more plausible at the moment.

Rarhyx
October 01, 2011, 06:21 AM

yep, and I think it's obvious she is the reason FT didn't die

ca12nag3
October 01, 2011, 06:22 AM
Not at all. If she's his counterpart, than in terms of appearance and maybe (and that's what I meant) in terms of personality. But that's just a thought. She's obviously concerned and emotionally moved in a way, as she saw fairy tail fighting an unbeatable opponent. Hrm, but Zeref was kind of sad, too. I don't know, we'll see.

Skyguardian's idea is more plausible at the moment.

K then what about the dragonking? he has no slayer child?

sarutobi_sensei
October 01, 2011, 06:22 AM
Who's that girl? Grandine in human form? Please?

Or someone else?

Omg I'm sure that they didn't die, but still, for 7 years they haven't appeared!!! And we were right, it was Romeo. I can't wait for the next chapters!

ca12nag3
October 01, 2011, 06:26 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if the island was the gateway to the dragonworld, and that mavis was/is the founder of the dragonslayers (first dragonslayer) and protected the gate.

Where im going is that they either went to another world/dimension so most likely the dragonworld.
Or that they are in some kind of stasis. Something rather daring to do since wed be relying on secondary characters to make the show untill they are released/rescued.

Rarhyx
October 01, 2011, 06:26 AM
Who's that girl? Grandine in human form? Please?

Or someone else?

Omg I'm sure that they didn't die, but still, for 7 years they haven't appeared!!! And we were right, it was Romeo. I can't wait for the next chapters!

were is it stated that it's romeo?

~Andrew~
October 01, 2011, 06:27 AM
K then what about the dragonking? he has no slayer child?

That's a good question, though. I would like to know who's dragon-"father/"mother" Zancrow has got.
Well, I'll wait for the next Chapter before I'll start to overanalyze things, I guess. =)

I wouldnt be surprised if the island was the gateway to the dragonworld, and that mavis was/is the founder of the dragonslayers (first dragonslayer) and protected the gate.

Where im going is that they either went to another world/dimension so most likely the dragonworld.
Or that they are in some kind of stasis. Something rather daring to do since wed be relying on secondary characters to make the show untill they are released/rescued.
I agree, that's a good theory and it fits in with Fairy Tail's past storys just smoothly. =3

kidopitz27
October 01, 2011, 06:34 AM
wait what? 7 year time skip now where talking

Uriel
October 01, 2011, 06:34 AM
I actually liked this chapter a lot.

Was...weird. Wasn't expecting this at all.

wooticus
October 01, 2011, 06:40 AM
wow didn't see that happen...

that girl totally has to be mavis vermillion / spirit of mavis vermillion.

or the dragon slayer of the timeskip dragon. But 7 years? that's tremendous.. didn't see a timeskip of that length coming.. they all have to be total adults by then... wow, can't wiat for next chapter

Thuwa25
October 01, 2011, 06:49 AM
Can't believe they are all dead.....but now that the island is gone how can people with the fairy tail mark still be standing isn't it true that the tree of tenrou island the source of all magic for fairy tail mages wearing the fairy tail guild mark.

Sollum
October 01, 2011, 06:54 AM
Holy fu***** Batman! What an insane twist... So epic!

Yeah, i thought exactly the same, since it was never stated that Mavis was a guy.

Dylan21
October 01, 2011, 06:57 AM
Never thought Romeo would become important...

They're not dead. Furthermore I doubt they will look older.

@Dylan21:

Mavis is a girl name so yeah, she could be . And also could be a dragon slayer too , and the counterpart of zeref, a light dragon slayer?? Fairy glitter use light too, right?

Well yeah, this kinda remind me of the end of Rave
Haru was one year in a sort of stasis while everyone else thought he was dead, thanks to the stellar memory.
Now he could be Mavis's magic. And it would be interesting to see how the world and FT change after 7 years, the only thing that bothers me about this stasis thing is that they won't be any stronger like this, just the same .

Thuwa25
October 01, 2011, 06:58 AM
according to fairytail wiki it states that mavis is a guy. but i reckon the wiki must be lying....

Ifrit
October 01, 2011, 06:59 AM
NICE 1....I thought every1 would return except for Natsu.....when I saw him climbing Acnolgia I was like..." I knew it" but then this happen...anyway...I knew it all the time it would be "Romeo"...I think Ultear will have something to do about it with her Arc of Time....

Thank You Mashima....finally we get to see you using other characters....my money on "Ultear".

swordsaintscoot
October 01, 2011, 07:00 AM
*fan letter to Mashima*
Dear Mashima, your plot armoured nakama power ups this arc are really gay,

*Mashima*
oh god, random fan letter writer #63 is right....BETTER KILL EVERYONE

OPN
October 01, 2011, 07:00 AM
i...i dont even know what to say but....what the hell mashima? to me this chapter sucked i was hoping for markarov to die...and a timeskip is just so BS and to me really unnececary. also natsu and the others are not dead its obvious.

Thuwa25
October 01, 2011, 07:03 AM
if romeo is alive what ever happened to the other member will they step up as well like bisca, al wakaba and macao. it doesn't sound rite....

Me2Ecchi
October 01, 2011, 07:03 AM
This is what i call a twist...
Do u guys think that the girl praying before all got wiped is Mavis?
Anyway, hope to see next chapter who is the new guild master... tbh almost all the powerfull mages of FT where in the island, so i dont have any idea who could succeed.
FT is getting more and more interesting chapter after chapter. Would be nice if Mashima-sensei could do 2 chapter in a single issue like he did before =D

diavolo
October 01, 2011, 07:07 AM
nice chapter & nice touch with the timeskip!
my money is on this:
the girl in the forest moved the whole island at the last moment somewhere else. there fairy tail remain hidden and trained in order to prevent somethinh like that. and after 7 years they will appear again powered up and ready to kick some ass. I would say that rest of fairy tail would be under probation or looked after by one of the Makarov's old teammates. meanwhile in the world something big is going on behind the curtains and the council is trying to prevent but they will fail and the good guilds will unite against the evil. We have the possibilities of Zeref, Makarov's son guild and the other dark guild og the ballam alliance.

swordsaintscoot
October 01, 2011, 07:07 AM
i dont think anyone is dumb enough to believe they're actually dead

doesn't stop us poking fun at it though

Ifrit
October 01, 2011, 07:11 AM
if romeo is alive what ever happened to the other member will they step up as well like bisca, al wakaba and macao. it doesn't sound rite....

I don't think there is something left of FT...maybe it's just Romeo....I think Fairy Tail will get disbanded.

I would love to see Jura, Lyon, Erza Friends, and Ultear now + join Gerard to them..that is something

777 The dragons disappeared .....784 (7 years after) one of them appeared.

now another 7 years later 791....I think we know Mashima lucky number now ...it's "7" LOL

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8941/unledwch.png

kakashidad
October 01, 2011, 07:14 AM
Man i remember coming in here and saying that,that lil dude was Romeo way back lol.I was'nt
taken seriously..oh well.:tem
Now i would also say.That we just saw the embodiment of Mavis the 1st mage of fairy tail.I'm
also expecting the usual crowd to gripe about a lack of makarov dying...but i think that would
not of progressed the plot of the story as much as this.

This is awesome.It was unexpected by most if not all.This way imo when they do reappear they
will be at the peak of their powers so to speak.It'll also be interesting to see.How the rest of the
guild did without it's strongest members?

ScottH87
October 01, 2011, 07:15 AM
Wow!

Goooood Chapther.

Wow!!

I think the safe money is on the girl being Mavis. Nice little twist if the first fairy tail master was a women, bit sexist to say but I always imagined a man. IF it is her then the spell she used was the 3rd great spell of Fairy Tail and its protected them all.

Its a bit strange to say, but I'm looking forward to the fall out of the destruction of Tenrou Island and how the council handles Fairy Tail now.

So who do you think took the helm of Fairy Tail during the 7 years everyones been missing?

Ruissu
October 01, 2011, 07:19 AM
omg.

Did that really just happened? i mean.

FFFUUUUUU!!!!!

That was pure overpower... i haven't seen the "good guys" lose like this in ages... and i mean, in every manga I've read so far.

They were obliterated. I don't think they died tho, still, that c*ap scared the sh*t out of me O.O

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 07:21 AM
I think the girl was Mavis....

But how the hell are the others members doing? without those guys FT is just plain weak, do they have a temporary manster?

Ero-Sanji
October 01, 2011, 07:21 AM
I got so scared of the possibility that they might defeat it but the didn't, way to go!

Two things surprised me. First, the little blond girl who I think rescued all of them by some teleportation magic or whatever. The second thing is the time skip. That it took 7 years is interesting, in itself, but what surprised me more is that FT is/was still alive all this time. Without the master and without the S-class mages.

This time-skip sure brings up one more question, have they grown older? Will Makarov be healthy enough to continue? Adult Wendy would be nice and I think this makes it easier for Laxus to take over. There's also the possibility of the Dark Guilds gaining more power.

nitsthegame
October 01, 2011, 07:27 AM
i think its time the prophecy should be told which makarov once mentioned.....moreover i agree with the fact that maybe the island was a gateway to dragonworld... and since dragons are considered to be extremely intelligent species they realised without having training natsu themselves it is impossible to defeat zeref..

Moreover each manga has a timeskip..so y not FT :D

wooticus
October 01, 2011, 07:27 AM
we also got some nice theories about what happened during those 7 years yet.

i personally like the one about another dimension. we already saw edolas and the dimension of the dragons is interesting. training with their dragons will really give those brats a boost. moreover i could see laxus meeting the real lightning dragon there. his father already wanted to take those lacrima out of his body..

then they they could be spread over the world like i happened in some other manga. but i can't see them not returning to each other for 7 years. then what about wendy? she really has to grow up in 7 years.. but i always kinda liked her so tiny.

At least we will see some major surprises next week (especially about the fairy tail of 791). There are a lot characters that share a past with fairy tail, maybe some of those moved on to inherit the spirit of FT

meepers4982
October 01, 2011, 07:32 AM
Woah Woah Woahhh!!!!!!!! I was not expecting that. I jumped in my seat when i read the seven years part. That was VERY unexpected. For a moment when it was showing Romeo i was scared that we were leaving our main characters behind and starting with a new set but that was a very stupid assumption. Excellent chapter, climax and cliffhanger, I think sensei really outdid himself and created a perfect conclusion to the arc. I think it's safe to assume that Lucy at least is still alive (and everyone else as well) but we have evidence from her at the beginning of the arc when she was narrating and the the fact that the story is usually told from her perspective.

Zeltrax
October 01, 2011, 07:39 AM
I still think Makarov should have died.. :/
If everyone was saved by Mavis there's no loss at all.
And no jail break arc? :( 7 years seems like a great amount of time for ft to match
the dragons and for the council to be Insanely strong.

I was expecting something like this a few more chapters later but it came earlier.
There's no way they could have survived and escaped but running back was dumb.. but touching.

Uh, but the whole last pages of previous chapter is rendered worthless.

By the way, Zeref talks as if he'll see Natsu again.
Makes me wonder if he's implying Natsu is Immortal like him.

LnDRash
October 01, 2011, 07:41 AM
Ok... all I can say is that a Dragons Breath Attacks makes even a Bijūdama look like childs play.

Now I wonder if there realy will be some "time skip" in the meaning of everyone getting older (which would be very cool) or if the story will now center arround Romeo or whoever this boy is and a quest to return everyone from some kind of magical stasis.

Zeltrax
October 01, 2011, 07:41 AM
Ps: this also explains why the anime entered S class arc so early.
Anime will probably end with this arc.

Darjaille
October 01, 2011, 07:48 AM
Wow :wtf

I'm really, really loving this twist.
I bet the girl is Mavis (and the name sounds like female name as well, why didn't I realize this?) and she saved them.

Anyway, I agree with all what was said before me, but I think that it's very possible after the 'time-skip' all of them that went missing will come back with no changes - that they could be just somewhere where the time doesn't flow. Because I just don't see FT going on with with them being around 25. But I'd like to see how would they look/act as adults XD

And it's Romeo!! You guys called it, and I did not believe. Oh, you were so right:tem

Natsu wasn't part of the circle. So was he on the island or was he still cling to the dragon.

Natsu is standing next to Lucy =D

dirtywork
October 01, 2011, 07:49 AM
anyway his tattoo of FT and offsets were like Natsu

Thorvardur
October 01, 2011, 07:53 AM
Omg holy shit! this chapter was something else you know. I didn't expect Acnologia to be that pure overpowered and crazy.

Seems like we will seeing a new start in Fairy Tail. whatever happened to them I believe they are all right, can't wait to see how they look like if they are seven years older.

I think this girl is the Mavis, or the third fairy tail magic. She probably put some defensive magic on them that sealed them somewhere else or something just a thought.

AandWguy
October 01, 2011, 07:54 AM
What the hell, did that really just happen?! That's the cheapest timeskip ive seen in a while...
Hope there is a good explanation for this.
I thought the girl may be the tree on the island since it gives power to fairy tail.

Lord.Strife
October 01, 2011, 07:55 AM
Wow :wtf

I'm really, really loving this twist.
I bet the girl is Mavis (and the name sounds like female name as well, why didn't I realize this?) and she saved them.

Anyway, I agree with all what was said before me, but I think that it's very possible after the 'time-skip' all of them that went missing will come back with no changes - that they could be just somewhere where the time doesn't flow. Because I just don't see FT going on with with them being around 25. But I'd like to see how would they look/act as adults XD

And it's Romeo!! You guys called it, and I did not believe. Oh, you were so right:tem

Natsu is standing next to Lucy =D
FACE PALM. I looked twice and i totally missed his.

Skyguardian
October 01, 2011, 07:57 AM
Ps: this also explains why the anime entered S class arc so early.
Anime will probably end with this arc.

I hope this won't be the reason. The s-class arc is still only beginning. They have a lot of stuff to do and the manga is rather quick.

kakashidad
October 01, 2011, 07:58 AM
To answer my own question about how the guild would of coped without it's strongest members..and i forgot to add scared
island..Well not too well if the island is the source code of the guild strenght.(We have seen this played out in this arc).

Jorge D. Dragon
October 01, 2011, 08:03 AM
The chapter was deffinetly shocking! I expected Makarov to die and see how other mages will try to escape, but this... It was actually one of the strangiest twists in all the mangas I've read.
I hope Mashima will handle this timeskip in a good way. It should be interesting to see what FT is like 7 years later and also I want to see if someone or everyone of the strongest mages managed to survive. Would be also interesting to see them grown up.:)

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 08:05 AM
who is the current master of the guild???? most of the strong ones are in the island

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 08:16 AM
I hope the anime ends... the anime completely destroyed the manga....

This is the longest time skip since dragon ball, the members being quite older around 25 might work...

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

ultear is criminal... i doubt it since the council is already at their throats. it cud be gerald if he can make some kind of deal with the council.

Zeltrax
October 01, 2011, 08:17 AM
Ft is probably a smaller guild and not as famous or a dark guild I guess.
I bet Gerald is released after 7 years and raven tail becomes strongest dark guild.

I hope this won't be the reason. The s-class arc is still only beginning. They have a lot of stuff to do and the manga is rather quick.

It's a possibility. Ft was never intended to be an long ongoing series.
The original plan was for it to end in luxus arc.
Besides, a1 is not studio pierrot or toei.

Whether it ends or not, the anime might change its name.

LnDRash
October 01, 2011, 08:26 AM

Are you serious... ?

Why ffs should the Anime destroy the manga when the Manga is the template which the Anime more or less strictly follows?

Fairy Tail is one of the few Manga's where the anime adaption is very well made and realy makes the Manga come alive. Even the fillers are very enjoyable, which is very uncommon, and don't get me started on the awesome soundtrack. If anything then the Anime is a benefit to the Manga... because even though I didn't like the Edolas Arc in the Manga I realy enjoyed the Anime Adaption... and I'am not the only one who thiks this way.

Zeltrax
October 01, 2011, 08:30 AM
The anime pretty much made oracion seis enjoyable for me although I didn't like it in the manga.
It was handle well and the studios did a good job.

Anyway, let's not go off topic.
I heard from another forum that Mavis might have froze ft in time..
a boring possibility tho

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 08:32 AM

This is the longest time skip since dragon ball, the members being quite older around 25 might work...

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

ultear is criminal... i doubt it since the council is already at their throats. it cud be gerald if he can make some kind of deal with the council.

Wow, that was very surprising...
I also doubt it that ultear is gonna become master...
Hmn, I dunno why but I think it'll become the old lady (sheez... i forgot her name again -.-"). Although she hates humans and so on, she did cry when the master was "near death", maybe she'll become the leader as Makarov's "last wish".

But i definetely like the thought about the "dragon dimension", furthermore there may be the time slower than on earth, I don't believe that it'll completely stop. So the members get stronger but not too old.
But these're just thoughts of mine ^.^

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 08:33 AM
I bet Gerald is released after 7 years and raven tail becomes strongest dark guild.

Fairy tail being a dark guild = impossible... As for raven tail I hope thats the case as Ft still runs on arc by arc basis...

Rarhyx
October 01, 2011, 08:35 AM
That's a good question, though. I would like to know who's dragon-"father/"mother" Zancrow has got.
Well, I'll wait for the next Chapter before I'll start to overanalyze things, I guess. =)

I agree, that's a good theory and it fits in with Fairy Tail's past storys just smoothly. =3

IMO zancrow was just a poser, there isn't somehting like a "godslayer"

wow didn't see that happen...

that girl totally has to be mavis vermillion / spirit of mavis vermillion.

or the dragon slayer of the timeskip dragon. But 7 years? that's tremendous.. didn't see a timeskip of that length coming.. they all have to be total adults by then... wow, can't wiat for next chapter

I don't think they will get older when they appear again they will be in the same age when they dissapeared like someone already said: The end of Rave what happend with haru
What the hell, did that really just happen?! That's the cheapest timeskip ive seen in a while...
Hope there is a good explanation for this.
I thought the girl may be the tree on the island since it gives power to fairy tail.

cheap?! that timeskip is way better than a timeskip ala "I go on a journey and train for a few years"
this timeskip was really unexpected
and that makes it awesome (atleast for the moment)

jacke12
October 01, 2011, 08:36 AM
Well yeah, this kinda remind me of the end of Rave
Haru was one year in a sort of stasis while everyone else thought he was dead, thanks to the stellar memory.

I was thinking the same so when they appears again they will be the same if not i would like to see older Wendy

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 08:37 AM
Wow, that was very surprising...
I also doubt it that ultear is gonna become master...
Hmn, I dunno why but I think it'll become the old lady (sheez... i forgot her name again -.-"). Although she hates humans and so on, she did cry when the master was "near death", maybe she'll become the leader as Makarov's "last wish".

But i definetely like the thought about the "dragon dimension", furthermore there may be the time slower than on earth, I don't believe that it'll completely stop. So the members get stronger but not too old.
But these're just thoughts of mine ^.^

Everyone thinks the little girl is a dragon it is most likely, however i thought since they are in the fairy tail island, that it might be a fairy
and that mavis might have named after her..

Zeltrax
October 01, 2011, 08:41 AM
Fairy tail being a dark guild = impossible... As for raven tail I hope thats the case as Ft still runs on arc by arc basis...

Not really. Zeref was hanging out on their island, hades was 2nd ft master and the new council hates them
and don't seem to kind if at all.
It'll be good if ft have a long arc for once.

I like the thought of an alternate world where time is slower or unusual
which will explain mavis's form.

I wonder who is training Natsu for the 7 years. Gildart training him won't make him stronger than dragons tho.

Ifrit
October 01, 2011, 08:41 AM
Everyone thinks the little girl is a dragon it is most likely, however i thought since they are in the fairy tail island, that it might be a fairy

I think every1 was a little bit hasty thinking the girl is Mavis. I agree with you 100 % ..I think the girl is the first "Fairy" appear in series.

shuha27
October 01, 2011, 08:44 AM
Woah didn't see a time skip coming. I reallly expected Makarov to die but looks like everyone else went down with him....

Never been this excited for another chapter! Can't wait!

I think that girl is a fairy too. Exactly when I saw her I thought of fairy glitter. Maybe that will come into play with everyone's survival.

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 08:54 AM
Not really. Zeref was hanging out on their island, hades was 2nd ft master and the new council hates them
and don't seem to kind if at all.
It'll be good if ft have a long arc for once.

I like the thought of an alternate world where time is slower or unusual
which will explain mavis's form.

I wonder who is training Natsu for the 7 years. Gildart training him won't make him stronger than dragons tho.

U mean longer right??? if slower then 7 years wud be longer. I completely agree on you with the long arc this is wat fairy tail been missing. Who the council hates in the guild are mostly on the island, assuming that troublemakers are all dead the they might have them off the hook, in addition with the sympathy point fairy tail gain after their lost, branding them as a dark guild is impossible

Skyguardian
October 01, 2011, 08:54 AM

Gerard being a member of Fairy Tail would be great. Really can't wait for next week to see some changes. I wonder how they were informed.

For the Anime. I know but it was way to popular to cancel it. They should go on because they are doing an awesome job.

Btw... Etherion was a joke compared to the dragons roar though.

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 08:56 AM
Well about this possibly Dragondimension, I think there was a little scene in a chapter where Igneel and some kind of "light" was seen, wasn't there ?
Wasn't the light talking about helping the humans, but Igneel refused to interfere with the human´s world ever "again" ?
Maybe this light was Mavis, or the fairy, or whatsover and now she finally brought them to the dragon's world ?

edit: sry, found the chap again, it was wendy's dragon.
I didn't mention anything ^.^

Sollum
October 01, 2011, 09:02 AM
There's one little trick here...

If i recall correctly, contract with stellar spirit is canceled when owner of the key passes away.
It was claimed that there was a search for survivors for half year and no results, and i dare to say that Loky would say something like "Relax guys, they are alive".

So they either traveled to the future or died...

And honestly i would mind them dieing, since this manga is about Fairy Tail >.>
Also, notice how narrator has changed.

White Silver King
October 01, 2011, 09:03 AM
Holy shimole guacomole! THIS CHAPTER WAS AWESOME! I so did not see that coming! This was chapter was actually a good example of Nakama-BS - it was appropriate, it made sense, it was logical. Good job Mashima! I can't wait for next week, we'll probably get the majority of the next arc from Romeo's point of view until he finds FT.

On a side note, it seems Mavis was some sort of angel Lady. She reminds me of Aurora from .Hack. I like.

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 09:08 AM
Well about this possibly Dragondimension, I think there was a little scene in a chapter where Igneel and some kind of "light" was seen, wasn't there ?
Wasn't the light talking about helping the humans, but Igneel refused to interfere with the human´s world ever "again" ?
Maybe this light was Mavis, or the fairy, or whatsover and now she finally brought them to the dragon's world ?

that was wendy's dragon

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I totally called it... except the dragon coming, I thought they wud lose to the grimoire hearts and that there is gonna be a time skip... chapter 234 totally gives it away

lordoffantasy
October 01, 2011, 09:14 AM
intense chapter, very intense. who knoew that draong had such mosntrous power!! and a good plot device old hiro mashima used. he actually got me thinking, oh god they're dead! hoewver, it was the main cast, and it is obvious this manga is not yet over, no hwere near over if there is another arc coming. how oculd they survive, likely the little girl with the angel wings coming from her head is why. she came out of nowhere, and seemed to be doing something. you don't pull some new hcaractre out of nowhere and not use her. this is definantly

soon we will see natsu and group again, alive, but who knows what they look like now. can't wait for next week; extra twenty four pages!

shinsengumi
October 01, 2011, 09:19 AM
maybe they just time-traveled

moel
October 01, 2011, 09:19 AM
the boy shown at the end of chapter here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/19
is also shown here in chapter 234 http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c234/20.html

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 09:23 AM
intense chapter, very intense. who knoew that draong had such mosntrous power!! and a good plot device old hiro mashima used. he actually got me thinking, oh god they're dead! hoewver, it was the main cast, and it is obvious this manga is not yet over, no hwere near over if there is another arc coming. how oculd they survive, likely the little girl with the angel wings coming from her head is why. she came out of nowhere, and seemed to be doing something. you don't pull some new hcaractre out of nowhere and not use her. this is definantly

soon we will see natsu and group again, alive, but who knows what they look like now. can't wait for next week; extra twenty four pages!

Yeah never wud have thought that a dragon is so OP.

kkck
October 01, 2011, 09:23 AM
Well, it seems mashima pulled one on us. Last week I commented on the idea of them escaping the island from the dragon on a boat as outright absurd thus something else was bound to happen but I still firmly believed makarov was toast.

I wonder about the little girl we saw. I have a few ideas but no evidence to really support any of them. The first thought that came to me is that the girl was an actual fairy. Plain as that, nothing we had seen before. It would make the most sense in the context of the story too and would perhaps explain a way to save the guys. The next possibility that came to me was that the little girl was grandine in human form. Only thing which made me think that was the little wings on her head which resembled the ones wendy had on her shoes a while ago. It would make sense grandine would be an opposite to acknologia considering there is a thing of killing magic vs life saving magic.

Another thing that surprised me is that the kid who was starring into the sea was not a time traveling brat but rather someone in the future. I guess the arc is going to start with the guy trying to find out what happened to everyone. I wonder who took over as master after this. Literally all the strong mages in FT disappeared so there really are no candidates. I guess the most likely scenario is that FT was shut down though, after all they went to a war with grimmoire heart, they summoned the most evil known creature on earth and got an island blasted to oblivion. And to boot, no makarov or strong mages left, there is no one to keep those guys in check anymore and their one friend in the council already left. I bet the kid just wears the FT as decoration and the actual fairy tail is long gone. I wonder if the guys will find a way to return back in time though.

MyuuMyuu
October 01, 2011, 09:24 AM
So now people will agree with me that the boy is romeo? I thought that the first time he was shown, actually I didnt understand why others didn't thought that o.O

White Silver King
October 01, 2011, 09:25 AM
Oh, epiphany! They've obviously been in hiding for the last 7 years, and with the purpose of getting revenge on Acnologia (I presume Makarov died). That means they've had seven years to properly train (*cough*Claymore*cough*) I cannot wait to see Miria!

It was claimed that there was a search for survivors for half year and no results, and i dare to say that Loky would say something like "Relax guys, they are alive".
Lucy probably summoned him to where they are.

llmcduff
October 01, 2011, 09:28 AM
Hmmm.. WTF just happened?

Levy and Fried sealed them somehow?

What just happened, people?

White Silver King
October 01, 2011, 09:32 AM
Levy and Fried sealed them somehow?

My guess is they all siphoned their power into Fried/Levy who used their magic to teleport everybody somewhere. Possibly to Polywhatsheraname's tree house.

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 09:37 AM
My guess is they all siphoned their power into Fried/Levy who used their magic to teleport everybody somewhere. Possibly to Polywhatsheraname's tree house.

...and hiding there for 7 years and ignoring their guilds future ?
I don't think so...

MyuuMyuu
October 01, 2011, 09:48 AM
My first thought about the girl were that she was an Angel. On second thought she must be a Fairy cause if I remember right master said something about fairies living on the island in old days. Im sure that the ft will have aged, even if they sealed themself away. if not it would be too weird because then the rest of ft would be older, but not them.. I think fairy tail most likely shut down, and romeo just wears the tattoo to show pride from his old guild. Wouldnt it be cool if most magic in the past 7 years where gone? That magic became forbidden in the past years..

joshua019
October 01, 2011, 10:07 AM
My first thought about the girl were that she was an Angel. On second thought she must be a Fairy cause if I remember right master said something about fairies living on the island in old days. Im sure that the ft will have aged, even if they sealed themself away. if not it would be too weird because then the rest of ft would be older, but not them.. I think fairy tail most likely shut down, and romeo just wears the tattoo to show pride from his old guild. Wouldnt it be cool if most magic in the past 7 years where gone? That magic became forbidden in the past years..

thats wat i thought as well people keep on saying that the girl is mavis

Darjaille
October 01, 2011, 10:15 AM
Yup, I also thought about her being a fairy a while ago.

She seems human, so the 'eternal journey' of trying to find out if fairies have tails is almost at end. We haven't seen her bottom, but she's not pixie-like for sure.

_ _ _ _ _
And I don't beieve a one whole arc is going to be looking for them. IMO that would be too boring. See an example, bleach and you see what happens when you leave main characters out. I probably wouldn't like reading about how Romeo went and traveled, and stuff... >_> but it could be just me.

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 10:16 AM
thats wat i thought as well people keep on saying that the girl is mavis

Dito. I think so, too.
Wouldn't be that unlogical if the government wants to forbid magic, but there are way too much dark guilds, that it would be useless to just "forbid" it. Maybe if they use their "super" weapon as a warning, they'll crush everyone who uses magic, would be way too cruel but not impossible.

Dudett
October 01, 2011, 10:21 AM
what a shitty chapter.

what was mashima thinking? indeed, some dragon that cannot be beaten. markarov half-dead. of course the others come to help. sure to die. but we don't want them to die, allas what to do? answer: have some girl out of absolutely NOWHERE thinking "oh my, what a shame. i'm gonna pray a little for them" and woooooosh -- everyone rescued. somewhere. in nowhere. for like seven years i mean SEVEN? aged? sealed? what i mean -- ugh. and a boy that's dressed like natsu but who the heck.... romeo?
what about the world? what about zeref? did he have absolutely no effect on it? why does it still seem so peaceful?

it just seems like the worst solution to the situation. aw man

MyuuMyuu
October 01, 2011, 10:28 AM
So we all pretty much agree on the main cast still being alive.. but where the hell did they go for 7 years? edolas maybe? O.o and they couldn't escape again.. cant remember how they escaped first time, heaven just started absorbed them up right?

Now everyone will be so.. old.. :c

Hunter Reborn
October 01, 2011, 10:28 AM
This was a chopped up ending, but I do feel that this is a great entrance to a training arc, if they were hiding for that long and would be coming back soon. Well I guess this also shows that we will have all new characters to get use to, and ...um if they are gone who is continuing the story????

MyuuMyuu
October 01, 2011, 10:30 AM
Also, Romeo doesn't look 7 years older .. how old was he to start with?

RaveDragon
October 01, 2011, 10:33 AM
girl with wings on head prayed and teleported them to safety or something but we got the confirmation Romeo is the kid looking out to the sea and all I can say is WOOW that left me speechless and excited for next week it seems though the big arcs are going to take place and probably the dragon festival is when we'll see the dragons next! good thing fairy tail didnt win this one though, it would be too much, wonder if they were put to sleep or something in these seven years =/ and once again the number 7 comes up to laugh in out face.

One thing i know for sure the girl with the wings did something to save the mains of fairy tail who cant die like that and Romeo will probably have an important part in finding the lot =] i wonder if they aged now.

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 10:40 AM
Also, Romeo doesn't look 7 years older .. how old was he to start with?

I would say 7 or 8 or something like that, definetely younger than Wendy...
Well he appears in the 2nd 3rd Anme or so I guess when his father was lost. He looked very young, but I think there hasn't been detailed information about him yet.
But I agree with you that he doesn't look really 7 years older even if we can't see his face.
Hmn I just don't know how to deal with this chapter, this author definitely got me =\

lordoffantasy
October 01, 2011, 10:50 AM
what a shitty chapter.

what was mashima thinking? indeed, some dragon that cannot be beaten. markarov half-dead. of course the others come to help. sure to die. but we don't want them to die, allas what to do? answer: have some girl out of absolutely NOWHERE thinking "oh my, what a shame. i'm gonna pray a little for them" and woooooosh -- everyone rescued. somewhere. in nowhere. for like seven years i mean SEVEN? aged? sealed? what i mean -- ugh. and a boy that's dressed like natsu but who the heck.... romeo?
what about the world? what about zeref? did he have absolutely no effect on it? why does it still seem so peaceful?

....you do remember this is a magical world, right? that girl is not jsut praying, she was glowing, likely ready to save them. she will likely have a part to play beyond this.
as we hear from lucy's diary like logs from the previous chapter, which are different that those ones we saw this chapter, we know that they do survive. the question is where they have been for seven or so years. you do not continue a manga when the iconic characters of the manga are dead, unless you are gantz, that is. so, hiro has decided to be cruel and make us wait.
eventually, they will go home together.

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 11:02 AM
Dude! I hope they get older like everyone else in the "real world", and the time travelling theory would also be boring!

But think: FT must be a pretty weak guild while those guys are gone, but when they come back all of them will be S-class and above (though i never seen the mention of SS-class in the manga and even FTwikia Gildarts is just S)! FT will be strongest guild with the most number of S-class!

izzytkuki
October 01, 2011, 11:13 AM
the boy shown at the end of chapter here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/19
is also shown here in chapter 234 http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c234/20.html

Hey, folks, look on newspaper on that two pages (caps 234 and 253), on newspaper of cap 234, it's show the year x791 !

Kind weird, no?

a_cushin
October 01, 2011, 11:13 AM
maybe the girl is one of the secret celestial spirit sent/ left by - who knows - Lucy's mother? haha

ILikeSleeping
October 01, 2011, 11:28 AM
Okay, wow is all i can say now. halfway through the chapter I was like, well I guess it really was too much to hope for at least SOMEONE dying in this manga. Then near the end I was like WTF. Jesus...

Also I don't know if this has been mentioned already but, what if that girl that was seen at the island was really a "fairy". It seems like a pretty big but neglected plot point in that the point of FairyTail was to inquire about whether fairies had tails or not.

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hey, folks, look on newspaper on that two pages (caps 234 and 253), on newspaper of cap 234, it's show the year x791 !

Kind weird, no?

Can you tell me where it is on 234, I can't see their any numbers o.O

izzytkuki
October 01, 2011, 11:35 AM
I don't no what happened, but it's very weird... Thanks to moel for remembered that ! This boy is a kind of new dragon slayer, maybe an ice dragon slayer? I know he is no longer Romeo, son of macao.

It is as if what happened had already passed, and that kid would be recalling the history, what surprises me is not remembered this chapter 234 ... Now everything fits, but this kid is a new dragon slayer, possibly ice, and we will have a new adventure!

I think everyone who was killed on the island ...

Kazu-Sama
October 01, 2011, 11:36 AM
I would love it if the main cast died, solely for the fact that I've been complaining for so long about how Mashima seems to be unable to kill off good character with even the slightest bit of development, and it'd come as a complete shock :D

But seriously, Was a timeskip needed? I mean, in OP it was needed because people like the Pacafistas were commonplace and stronger than the SHs. They were entering a new area where everybody is insanely strong. In FT, They've beat the strongest Dark Guild already. It is quite literally only Zeref and the dragons who can stand up to FT with their teamwork. So unless everybody who is encountered now is a dragon...

Darjaille
October 01, 2011, 11:47 AM

Kind weird, no?

That page from 234 was a flash-forward. It showed us the boy 7 years later. Actually those two pages (234 and 253) are the exact same thing, the boy looking at sea, waiting for them to return.
We got it in 234 so that we could guess if it's flas-forward, and what the hell will happen.
And we were complaining and guessing a lot XD

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c234/20.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v01/c002/27.html

I think they kinda look similar

izzytkuki
October 01, 2011, 11:50 AM
It'll be funny if the name of this supposed dragon slayer is Haru

LoL

Giga_Gaia
October 01, 2011, 11:52 AM
It can't be romeo, with a seven years timeskip, he looks far too young.

Also, the ability of you people saying things without an actual confirmation and be wrong is astonishing, so wait for the next chapter.

izzytkuki
October 01, 2011, 11:58 AM

Also, the ability of you people saying things without an actual confirmation and be wrong is astonishing, so wait for the next chapter.

That's what I'll do is wait the annoying one week to find out what is all this mystery :(

Ifrit
October 01, 2011, 12:04 PM

1- It looks like Romeo 99.99999%

2- Natsu saved Romeo's father....he admire Natsu this is why he is wearing his cloths.

it's not an assumption from nothing

Tonghua
October 01, 2011, 12:10 PM
1- It looks like Romeo 99.99999%

2- Natsu saved Romeo's father....he admire Natsu this is why he is wearing his cloths.

it's not from assumption from nothing

Thanks for shearing the same thoughts here. It just has to be him, there can't appear a new dragonslayer, I mean think about it. 7 years have passed, and before them, the dragons have disappeared another 7 years before.
Means if this is a new character and should be a new dragonslayer, he must have been taught by a dragon 14 years ago... and if you look at him, he might not be older than 14 years, so, it's Romeo.
Who young boy would join Fairy Tail and look at the sea where everyone has disappeared ? It makes no sense at all if it would be a new character.

Darjaille
October 01, 2011, 12:10 PM

At the start of FT if looked like he was something around 7, and after 7 years, he would be 14. He does look like could be 14.

And btw, what should we do? This is discussion and prediction thread. We are guessing.

gotdott
October 01, 2011, 12:12 PM
If Mashima ends up preserving everyone then it would be interesting if the timeskip was just a way to power up baddies in the outside world

Fomano
October 01, 2011, 12:16 PM
Nice chap. I was like "Oh Lord, Good Bye Makarov" and then I was "THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP? Not again please" and finally, " Nice one Mashima"

I don't believe that they died or that they're in another dimension. To me, 7 years of training is much more plausible, "But they would never let their comrades behind" it only shows how serious the situation might be.

The girl seems to be a key characters in the arc to come. I think that she (and Zeref,) knows what's happening and might be involved with it. Something related to an Age of Darkness to come, and she needed Fairy Tail to survive and grow stronger to go against it.

About the girl, I'm not sure about what she is, my guesses are:
- Fairy
- Mavis
- Light Dragon Slayer
- And combinatios of the ones above - Mavis/Fairy or Mavis/Dragon Slayer

With this, she would have some kind of backstory with Zeref, and at the cost of her 'life' she changed him someway. I really like the idea of she being a LightDL, this way I can connect with the theory that someone has written about the Dragons Slayers being old, and how it was because of this that Zeref knew Natsu.

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 12:18 PM
At the start of fairy tail if looked like if was something around 7, and after 7 years, he would be 14. He does look like could be 14.

So the Dragon woul teach him as a baby and abandoned him as a 1 year boy? That boy is most likely romeo...

If the whole main cast died it wouldn't be such a bad idead though, but it is impossible to happen. I remenber someone told last chapter that if Makarov didn't die now it would be the biggest troll ever... After a chapter with a cover showing Makarov in "heaven", a dramatic chapter with his "last order"... Mashima trolled us! hahaha
I don't mind a time skip at all, the characters can come back more badasses and all. But why seven years? FT was already the strongest guild or pretty close, Mashima could have used 5 years or less.

Darjaille
October 01, 2011, 12:29 PM
So the Dragon woul teach him as a baby and abandoned him as a 1 year boy? That boy is most likely romeo...

If the whole main cast died it wouldn't be such a bad idead though, but it is impossible to happen. I remenber someone told last chapter that if Makarov didn't die now it would be the biggest troll ever... After a chapter with a cover showing Makarov in "heaven", a dramatic chapter with his "last order"... Mashima trolled us! hahaha
I don't mind a time skip at all, the characters can come back more badasses and all. But why seven years? FT was already the strongest guild or pretty close, Mashima could have used 5 years or less.

Hey, I was saying that it's 99% Romeo (who was around 7 at start, and now he would be 14, and that the boy looks like he could be 14) :p
Now we know it was flash-forward, it has to be him. Who else would cosplay Natsu and would be waiting for them to return? I don't think a new character would do that :XD

For your question 'why 7?' Well, you see, Mashima likes that number. Actually everything is centered around the number 7.

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 12:33 PM
Oh sorry! Misunderstood....

Can someone, who is not lazy, post their age after 7 years?

Hrathgrath
October 01, 2011, 12:36 PM
Apparently enough people think it's Romeo that he's named as such in Fairy Tail Wiki... So, about the timeskip, who here thinks they are going to pop out just as they were with no extra strength or power? Cause that would make the most sense to me. At the same time I sincerely hope that's NOT the case. I know this may not be a popular feeling, but I absolutely LOVE time skips! From Naruto to Bleach to One Piece, a timeskip refreshes a manga thats growing stagnant. Makes you start thinking again "What are they going to come out with next??", instead of being able to guess the way the fight is going to go 5 chapters ahead and be right 75% of the time.. I think it'd be awesome if Freid took them back in time or something, or maybe to a pocket dimention, or even to Edolas, though the latter wouldn't help them at all when it came to them trying to strengthen their magic.. ANYWAY!!! I can't wait till next week's chapter!!!!

llamapie
October 01, 2011, 12:39 PM
Ok what the hell. Time skip out of no where.

kkck
October 01, 2011, 12:49 PM
What I do wonder about the main cast is: Did they die and the kid will embark in a trip to change the past with the help of the fairy thingy? Were they sent to the future (in which case we will probably see a thing about them wanting to go back in time? Or were they simply sleeping for seven years?

Naruffy
October 01, 2011, 12:54 PM
What if Mashima just killed of all the Fairy Tail characters and is starting fresh? I know that's not going to happen , but I'd laugh so hard if it did.

Rarhyx
October 01, 2011, 12:56 PM
next troll in the next chapter:
it was a time travel spell from that little girl/fairy/Mavis/whoever
that little boy isn't romeo but a new dragonslayer
and in the next few arcs we get another 2 DS, because we have then guess what...
7 Dragonslayer(if we count zeref as one also)

Atobe the king
October 01, 2011, 12:56 PM
I would love it if the main cast died

The hell am i reading....253 chapters all about these guys with their own individual fandoms only to kill them off? That'd be suicidal to his own series. They're not dead, i hope they've aged though, i'd like some dramatic design changes like the other "timeskips" we've been getting in manga as of late. They only beat that dark guild due to several instances of either luck/outside help/plot armor. And perhaps GH only thought they were the strongest? we don't exactly know what Laxus old man was planning.

Kuzumikun
October 01, 2011, 01:00 PM
GASP WHAT THE HECK HAPPEND TO THEM???? omg i was so freakin shocked at the end! WOW

BabyAnderson
October 01, 2011, 01:07 PM
A 7-year time skip? this is totally unexpected. when i was reading the chapter I thought it was another one of those chapters that they could fend off the enemy using their "friendship-love" magic. they will come back for sure. Erza, Natsu, Gray, and Lucy are waaaay too big to be killed off.

Sevenheadedmirror
October 01, 2011, 01:14 PM
Great, another way to wuss out a death, I don't get why Mashima teases us with it any more. Some get all exited, while some say it isn't time for X precious character to die. It is!, no matter which character it is, someone should die. Every time a death calls up, we know what's going to happen, because that is what happens in Fairy tail, nothing, status quo is to be unaltered at all times. Then there's always the guy that tells me that this isn't that type of manga (I assume a good one) but that very same person was crying the death of X character before it was called off ... secretly we all want a death either for drama or because it is about fucking time.

Also my prediction: Nobody will die because the timing is off... no character can die in a time-skip and give us some sense of sorrow unless we go back, see the attack before the time skip, the character surviving crying his death, talk, mood and THEN time-skip yet that means rebooting the time-skip.

Atobe the king
October 01, 2011, 01:15 PM
GASP WHAT THE HECK HAPPEND TO THEM????

Mashima started reading english forums (this one) and saw people complaining about predictability and such.....soooo he let the old man who was set to die (the heaven motif in the chapter seemed like SUCH a confirmation) and "killed" off everyone else and since time skips get people excited (enough for me to try bleach and reunite with OP) he through one in for the lulz.

The question isis lucy still "growing" like nami

no matter which character it is, someone should die

Lol this is a disturbing way to look at things...however you get your kicks is fine though.

Vaste Lorde
October 01, 2011, 01:24 PM
Unpredicted chapter. Great nonetheless.

Spoiler:

http://http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/13

If you look at the circle, everyone is holding hands and are next to whom they love.

Look at Nastu...... Erza and Lucy.... Triangle.

Well 7 years is a long time. Erza might forget Gerard all together and have a thing for Natsu. Relationships do develop in such lengthy periods. Even if Fairy tail comes back looking the same like some of you said, events still took place so things did happen.
Would make an interesting story for Lucy and Erza.

Its hard for me to imagine them being in their mid 20s but would definitely make my day. Look at Gildarts, hes like 45 and his strength and wisdom was not nearly enough to save the day.

The main cast would have to go through an immense power-up to save the world. The older look would definitely complete it all that much more.

Uriel
October 01, 2011, 01:24 PM
Exactly. I was writing a post to say exactly the same as you.
I even think that that was the Queen.

And well, maybe She moved them to the land where Dragons are currently which may be called the Land of the Spirits or something like that.

PS: Maybe this girl is the same who talked with Grandine.

White Silver King
October 01, 2011, 01:31 PM
Maybe this girl is the same who talked with Grandine
The only time weve ever seen Grandine talking was with Igneel.

Josef K.
October 01, 2011, 01:33 PM
Zeref only said Natsu is alive, in his words though, this is not the end meaning they would meet again, so someone else not surviving that is possible, though they were all together, so if Natsu survived it, they all will. This is to someone who mentioned that someone might die in some previous posts.^^

Anyway I did not like this arc very much, I dropped it half way, I read this by sheer chance and thought that I can finally read FT again with a brand new arc. I would need to be filled in though. >_<

Uriel
October 01, 2011, 01:39 PM
The only time weve ever seen Grandine talking was with Igneel.
Ohhh, that's right! I mixed up the dragons xD
Oh well, so it's not that.

And well I'm sure Macao and Kiba will make somewhat the guild still standing. Although I still don't think that boy is macao's Son, since his scarf is awfully familiar with the of Natsu which was given that by Igneel. So something weird it must have.

Crude
October 01, 2011, 01:45 PM
I normally don't comment here (though I have no idea why), but I just have to say that this was one hell of a twist! I have mixed feelings about it, but it definitely was exciting. I really can't wait to see what happens next!

monkey D luffy
October 01, 2011, 01:53 PM
this time skip is a good way to up the stakes a bit with FT.
i mean the manga can now cross over to a more dark place, the heroes will be adults and not little kids anymore, i really want more dark stuff in fairy tail, i mean severed limbs and stuff like that. and no more friendship powerup!

awesome way to start the jewish new year a plot twist with a grand scale

Sacto0562
October 01, 2011, 01:57 PM
Ah, er-- http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/swoon.gif

I'd like to know what Mashima-san actually did this. A "time skip" like this is not common even in Japanese manga, and it's possible that we may be seeing a totally new direction in the entire manga series itself. Heck of a plot twist, though.

Atobe the king
October 01, 2011, 02:00 PM
i really want more dark stuff in fairy tail, i mean severed limbs

violence = dark and entertaining? Lolno. Gratuitous violence makes things into a comedy, a seinen is what you're looking for.

fabo
October 01, 2011, 02:03 PM
I dont know if someone tough that but the insland cant be totaly destroied by that atack i think they moved the insland to another place, or time thats why then cant find anything about the insland and thats why the FT still with magic. i think the insland will reapear >.<

Josef K.
October 01, 2011, 02:04 PM
Shounen's do have characters dying and stuff if that would count as "dark", but nothing out of the ordinary like a lot of blood and graphic things. And a manga like FT getting violent? NO WAY, look at every arc till now, it was all a happy, fluffy ending and stuff at the end of every arc, this was out of the ordinary, this chapter I mean. The future of this manga is within the next chapter, though a brand new start would not bother me, even if it is for a little while that we do not see the main cast.

Sollum
October 01, 2011, 02:13 PM
The hell am i reading....253 chapters all about these guys with their own individual fandoms only to kill them off? That'd be suicidal to his own series.

Why? People come and leave, journey goes on.
It's all about the adventure!

+ they would have died nice way - emotional, dramatic, strong.

Lol... I noticed nice fact.

There is 21 person in the pic, where they hold hands.
Notice the glowing! Maybe Mavis or Fairy, used Third Fairy Tail sacred spell to protect them and thus moved them to future 7 years away?

21 / 3 = 7

I don't really know, its just a random thought, but i guess number 21 is somehow related...

Atobe the king
October 01, 2011, 02:15 PM
Why? People come and leave, journey goes on.
It's all about the adventure!

+ they would have died nice way - emotional, dramatic, strong.

Lol... I noticed nice fact.

There is 21 person in the pic, where they hold hands.
Notice the glowing! Maybe Mavis or Fairy, used Third Fairy Tail sacred spell to protect them and thus moved them to future 7 years away?

21 / 3 = 7

I don't really know, its just a random thought, but i guess number 21 is somehow related...

I always say if you don't like the direction of a manga drop it and stop torturing yourself...if they got rid of all the main characters i would see how it plays out...but i can't picture myself enjoying this manga w/o the cast i've come to love so much. Especially with all the unresolved plots surrounding them.

jimm120
October 01, 2011, 02:34 PM
i think this is ALL very easily explained.

No, the manga is NOT starting over.

There is a reason that "the black haired guy that was "awakened"" (forgot his name) knew the fire dragon kid (yeah, for some reason, I'm really bad with names in this manga).

how?

simple. That kid in the future IS that black haired guy that was awakened.

The story is gonna get into some time traveling.

Option 1:

We'll see the fairy tale members in the past (around the first zeref attacks before the manga) and the black haired kid in the future (7 years past the present) in tandem and they somehow meet.

Option 2:

They got transported to 7 years in the future and are then part of the new group with the new kid (which is a younger zeref).

Option 3:

They'll work in tandem of the past (around the first Zeref time lot...without Zeref there) and the new young kid in 7 years to the future (who is a young Zeref). Then, somehow, he'll find out that they are in the past and he'll somehow get to the past to save them...they'll get to the future (the 7 years in the future time) and Zeref will stay in the past, thus beginning the "Legend of Zeref". But to make a "happy ending", after fairy tale makes it to the 7 years in the future time period, Zeref (grown up) will show up somehow.

So yeah.

Its pretty obvious that Fairy Tail is NOT eliminated nor are any of the old characters dead. Just that new characters are gonna come into play with a time traveling twist.

winterwyrm
October 01, 2011, 02:38 PM
well, so much for FT being "predictable and episodic" people wanted a main character to die since they were not taking the series seriously enough, well, there you go, being slaughtered while holding hands and celebrating their family bonds seems pretty harsh, pretty much confirms zancrow is dead as well. I really think their defense failed, however, and they were saved by that praying girl in white with the wings, they are probably wherever the dragons are as well, but who knows?

LoS
October 01, 2011, 02:42 PM
stopped reading @page 6 after breakfast in favor of college football, so if this has been said...tough luck

So what now happens with the Loophole that Mashima has created in the GH members who were still on the Island? He hardly ever kills off anyone, so we have Bluenote, Azuma etc all on the Island, and if Mavis did transport the entire island and not just that circle of FT members to a stasis time/dimension what happens to those individuals? They won't be joining the guild, and if Mashima just ignores them then that is a huge faux pa by him.

I'd expect something along the lines of him saying only the FT people were transported and everyone else died along with the Island or something contrived to get out of the predicament.

ShoobyDooBop
October 01, 2011, 02:45 PM
The Wrath of a Dragon just fucking descended from the skies to eradicate an entire island!!!

That kawai girl. She's whatever the opposite of Aknowlogia is.
it makes sense that if aknowlogia is an embodiment of death, that the little girl is an embodiment of light and life.

Some says it could be Grandine but I don't think she is. A dragon suddenly popping out of nowhere? And the girl looks kind hearted. We've seen some of Grandine's personality, she seems to be the bitchy type.

Another candidate is Mavis. There are three legendary spells of FT. So I assume if she is indeed Mavis, I'm gonna say Mavis just pulled off the third spell which probably shielded the FT members or kept them alive in some way or another.

Or it could be a Fairy. It makes sense since Makarov said that Fairies used to live on Tenrou Island.

I have a feeling that FT is about to turn into a sort of christ v. antichrist war....

Josef K.
October 01, 2011, 02:45 PM
Option 1:

We'll see the fairy tale members in the past (around the first zeref attacks before the manga) and the black haired kid in the future (7 years past the present) in tandem and they somehow meet.

Are you suggesting we follow two stories? Parallel universes maybe? Like the world 7 years after IF the members did not survive and the world if they did? Hm, interesting, now this got me thinking, too much for such a manga but hey I hope more twists are in order as well.

Thorvardur
October 01, 2011, 02:52 PM
counterpart of Zeref would be a light-dragonslayer (or golden) depending on what mythology you hang/cling to.
So if shes a counterpart shes a dragonslayer.

So are you saying a Zeref is a dragonslayer? on what facts is that based?

meepers4982
October 01, 2011, 03:02 PM

I think people are making the assumption based on zeref's teeth something all dragonslayers have in common, however we still haven't had it confirmed.

I dont see the main cast coming back next chapter but it will come back, Mashima said he doesnt want to do the same thing with Fairy Tail as he did with rave. I think next chapter we are going to see what has happened to fairytail over the past 7 years and we are going to probably have a mini arc leading up to the return of the main characters... or something. There is still a lot to be answered as well about lucy her mother and the dragonslayers and how fairytail is going to deal with raventail and so on. Im really looking forward to the next chapter.

Nonlife
October 01, 2011, 03:09 PM

I never believed he was a dragonslayer. The way history described him, it sounded like he was the "Lucifer" of their world - creating demons, spreading mayhem; except this one's learned the "value" of life over the course of time.

Back on topic: I think the kid is Marco Conbalt's son, Romeo. Plusa, I'm not surprised by the length of the time-skip, since "7" has a key role in the story. (The year Lucy's mom & dragons disappeared/died was 777; and the manga starts off "7" years later when Lucy joins the Guild.) I may not know what to expect in the upcoming chapter; but I agree with everyone else who think EVERYONE on the island were moved forward into the future. (That "chick" - who I presume is the FIRST FT master - obviously did something.)

chess4
October 01, 2011, 03:20 PM
if the acknoligia(sp?) is capable of this.....then the dragon king must be real nightmare.

if romeo is older, i surely hope natsu and everyone else is older as well. i am happy laxus and the old man made peace

meepers4982
October 01, 2011, 03:31 PM
what if they are sent to the future and natsu and company find that fairytail does not exist anymore (romeo is still a big fan) and that they have lost almost everything and natsu ends up crying and having a desperate look on his face (referring to charles vision). Because someone mentioned in the previous thread the panels are exactly like the vision. I dont think we've seen natsu cry yet. I honestly dont know what to make of this, this is just a loose theory.

kkck
October 01, 2011, 03:36 PM
The Wrath of a Dragon just fucking descended from the skies to eradicate an entire island!!!

That kawai girl. She's whatever the opposite of Aknowlogia is.
it makes sense that if aknowlogia is an embodiment of death, that the little girl is an embodiment of light and life.

Some says it could be Grandine but I don't think she is. A dragon suddenly popping out of nowhere? And the girl looks kind hearted. We've seen some of Grandine's personality, she seems to be the bitchy type.

Another candidate is Mavis. There are three legendary spells of FT. So I assume if she is indeed Mavis, I'm gonna say Mavis just pulled off the third spell which probably shielded the FT members or kept them alive in some way or another.

Or it could be a Fairy. It makes sense since Makarov said that Fairies used to live on Tenrou Island.

I have a feeling that FT is about to turn into a sort of christ v. antichrist war....

DIdn't you see the last few chapters? A dragon already popped out of nowhere lol. It would not be that strange for another to do so. Anyways, I still thin that the girl is a fairy (with the next possibility being grandine). Not to mention that we have seen to little of grandine to make a proper assessment of what she is like. We could also say she was being playfull rather than bitchi for example. Also, if we compare the nice father figure natsu has of igneel and what we saw not too long age we have a completely different character lol. Also, isn't mavis a dude? That is the impression I kinda got although I guess mashima could go either way with that. Anyways, I don't think it is mavis. A spirit remaining on earth and whatnot was already done in the nirvana arc. Anyways, I think we should at least consider that if the manga is going to get into time traveling then perhaps the gang did die and the kid is going to embark in a magical quest which will end up with avoiding the last incident.

The part that surprises me is that the dragon would just go up against the 3 dragon slayers. The 3 DSs were esentially the kid of other dragons, basically creatures of the same kind of power. Even if the other dragons turn out to be weaker than acknologia it would still be strange for a lone dragon to want to make an enemy of at least 3 other ones. Unless of course acknologia is not alone in all this and has his set of dragon companions of evil.

meepers4982
October 01, 2011, 03:48 PM
The part that surprises me is that the dragon would just go up against the 3 dragon slayers. The 3 DSs were esentially the kid of other dragons, basically creatures of the same kind of power. Even if the other dragons turn out to be weaker than acknologia it would still be strange for a lone dragon to want to make an enemy of at least 3 other ones. Unless of course acknologia is not alone in all this and has his set of dragon companions of evil.

I agree that it is suspicious and doesn't make much sense especially since we saw that the dragons care a lot about their 'children' but as Wendy explained it they don't think of them as anything more than bugs (another thing that is odd). If the dragons look so lowly down on the humans why would they train them to slay dragons and if it were another dragon how would they react. A lot of questions were set up with this chapter and I think it also dismissed previous conclusions about the relationship between the slayers and their respective dragons. Also another question that could be posed is, is there anything that distinguishes the slayers from other people, traits and so on?

Arghhh this is so confusing.

kakashidad
October 01, 2011, 04:09 PM
Another thing i just realized.Mavis Vermillion has a striking resemblace to none other than
Meredy...It's just that her headband or wings.Are upside down in comparsion.Their both
relatively the same height and build imo.I wonder..hmm.

Oh and i thought the action panel of the guild going at it with the black dragon was awesome.
Still i didn't see Gildartz lend his considerable might to the effort...just him saying that it was'nt
using the same lvl of power against them as him...''he's playing with them''.

Lastly i've touched on this point briefly.When fairytail joined hands to execute their final defensive
spell.It's cool if you look at who holding who's hand.Elfman has evergreen and one of his sister.
Makarov has laxus and charlie.Natsu has Lucy and ezra.And gildartz has his daughter...i could go on,
but you should get the drift by now lol.Laters.:p

Oh mavis vermillion was a Fairy.It only stands to reason.Tenroujima the ancestrial home of the guild
1st master and coincidentally.The HOME OF THE FAIRES.

fabo
October 01, 2011, 04:16 PM
Well call me crazy but i dont think its a headband it's real wings since dragons does exist nothing wrong to Fairy exists as well i think shes Mavis and its a real Fairy >.< And like i said before they moved the insland like they did on Lost (i know its a lame comparation >.<)

Rarhyx
October 01, 2011, 04:29 PM
if he really killed them on the island this would be the biggest mindfuck in the manga universe (atleast for me)

earthforge
October 01, 2011, 04:40 PM
Well, didn't see that one coming. I predict that in this future, the main characters are either all dead/missing/retired. So we are left with this final member of Fairy Tail who is going to try to change the past so that the dragon is destroyed. Probably connected to the appearance of the weird girl on the island.

ShoobyDooBop
October 01, 2011, 04:57 PM
DIdn't you see the last few chapters? A dragon already popped out of nowhere lol. It would not be that strange for another to do so.

But there have been signs. Like Zeref talking about Acnologia. And a last page of a certain chapter when we saw Zeref scared. So it was expected unlike this on. If this girl is indeed Grandine, then it really was so sudden.

kkck
October 01, 2011, 05:01 PM
I agree that it is suspicious and doesn't make much sense especially since we saw that the dragons care a lot about their 'children' but as Wendy explained it they don't think of them as anything more than bugs (another thing that is odd). If the dragons look so lowly down on the humans why would they train them to slay dragons and if it were another dragon how would they react. A lot of questions were set up with this chapter and I think it also dismissed previous conclusions about the relationship between the slayers and their respective dragons. Also another question that could be posed is, is there anything that distinguishes the slayers from other people, traits and so on?

Arghhh this is so confusing.
That was not wendy explaining, that was zeref. I also doubt all dragons think of humans as bugs, I would think that is acknologia in particular.

White Silver King
October 01, 2011, 05:45 PM
.but i can't picture myself enjoying this manga w/o the cast i've come to love so much. Especially with all the unresolved plots surrounding them.
Maybe you'll just have to drop it and stop torturing yourself.

But seriously, they're not dead. Unless Mashima himself died and someone started writing FT in his stead, the cast isn't going anywhere.

shuha27
October 01, 2011, 06:45 PM
Is it me or does this girl look very similar to Lucy?

exacta
October 01, 2011, 07:26 PM
Mixed feelings on this chapter......first of all, even though Mashima has trolled the idea of killing Makarov three times already, its pretty ridiculous when you draw an art page of Makarov chilling in heaven and make a title that has death written all over it and STILL don't kill him. Granted, I was somewhat skeptical since the Raven Tail thing hasn't even started yet and it seems like Makarov would have to be alive for that. But FT's retarded courage is getting ridiculous, and there is now no doubt that Mashima has indeed dumped on Gildartz's speech. C'mon, even Luffy knew he had to retreat on Sabaody Archipelago.

Of course, I don't want Makarov to die, he's a great character, and I mean, c'mon, does it have to be the old guy in EVERY shounen to die first? But still, this whole Makarov business is getting ridiculous......

Second, 7 years is a LONG time skip. To think that they've all been completely missing for 7 years with no trace is just weird. And its a bit long I feel.....perhaps it ties in with the whole 777 thing, but theres alot that can happen in those 7 years. Also, I'm surprised the time skip was this weeks chapter. Mashima kind of jumped into it. But 7 years does fit with the plot....after such a significant event, thats a pretty huge aftermath to cover.

This also kind of messes up a few things that were originally hinted at being future conflicts. With the introduction of that Gran Dorma guy and the Council saying they wouldn't allow another incident with Fairy Tail to occur, plus the involvement with the Council and the whole Mest infiltration, really made it seem like the Council would become an enemy after this arc.

Also, there was the whole Raven Tail thing. Gazille was spying on Raven Tail for Makarov, but now that whole idea is kind of ruined since all FT members will have been missing for 7 years til their reappearance. Just kinda makes that part of the inevitable Raven Tail scenario awkward.

And that whole holding hands thing was pretty cheesy, but whatever, its Mashima.

But, it was cool seeing Acnologia blow up the whole island, and the appearance of that women character is very interesting, and it should be very interesting to see what happened to FT and whats happened with all the guilds in these 7 years.

1337 haxor
October 01, 2011, 07:35 PM
Guys, am I the only one thinking that the misterious girl is actually a fairy?

There are two beings we have been buffing up to see ever since the beggining of FT manga and those are dragons and fairies.

Let's see, the dragon made a loud bang on the fairies island so wouldn't it be logical for a fairy to pop out and save the team?

As far as Mashima's universe goes, Fairies can very well be the magical opposite of Dragons and Demons.

Anyway, typical of Mashima the ending turned out different than we expected, not that I didn't like it but it sounded too weird.

There was yet again this huge build up for Makarov heroic sacrifice and then the entire guild turns back only for everyone to dissapear under a nuclear blast for some 7 freaking years.

I think it would have been better if just Makarov dissapeared with the Island but now the author will have to explain where were all the FT mages during this sudden time skip.

Thuwa25
October 01, 2011, 07:53 PM
I reckon what happened was that putting all their power to fried to make a defensive seal was one heck of a last ditch effort. Don't how effective it was but i reckon it worked in the last minute. so they are technically "dead". after the dragon destroyed the island fairy would get disbanded by the council as there is no one to take master makarov's spot. i reckon most of them will return but who will be million dollar question. and how will their magic cope with the loss of the island and the tree to be precise.....

The girl must be the spirit tenrou who saw the fight as well must be think its all useless and then prays for an end to this madness

the boy staring at the ocean i think he must be a fan of natsu hence him wearing natsu ish clothes. i think he must be the future of fairy tail.

Quantized
October 01, 2011, 08:13 PM
Just have to accept the crazy parts of this manga, like foreshadowing Marakov to die so many times and yet he survives so sudden and with a smile... O.o Only way to enjoy it, is to accept it, though, I won't forget, or other future manga's will use this cheap method too.

This weird girl we see, could see be a dragon in human form by chance...? Possibly, I think she's the one saving them, and seeing her style / fluffy wings, she could possibly be Wendy's dragon in disguise.
She's healing / protection afterall, so, she could have saved them because they protect / families with Wendy.

Why is she there then...? Could be that she followed this bad ass dragon of death to see what he's up to..?
At any rate, my bets is on that she's Wendy's dragon.

Atobe the king
October 01, 2011, 08:14 PM
Maybe you'll just have to drop it and stop torturing yourself.

But seriously, they're not dead. Unless Mashima himself died and someone started writing FT in his stead, the cast isn't going anywhere.

>.>

Of course they're not dead, I'm saying why i would hate for them to die because some people seem euphoric about the mere possibility of that happening.

OPN
October 01, 2011, 08:16 PM
what a shitty chapter.

finally someones agrees with me. i just think this is utter BS i dont even think a timeskip was neccecary and it just makes things more complicated then they need to be. only reason why im not fully angry is cause this breaks the great shonen law of all protagonists being under 18.

Quantized
October 01, 2011, 08:30 PM
finally someones agrees with me. i just think this is utter BS i dont even think a timeskip was neccecary and it just makes things more complicated then they need to be. only reason why im not fully angry is cause this breaks the great shonen law of all protagonists being under 18.

Lets wait and see what it brings before ambushing Mashima like that... Neither you nor I know how this will play out, for one, it could make the story much, much, much more epic than it is.
As far as I've heard, the manga was not even meant to last this long, but grew popular so it continued, thinking about it, this MIGHT be one big fat reset to the entire manga, planning long ahead.

Many things should change if the manga should have a long future ahead, and I think this many years for better or the worse, will be exactly what's needed to change to a long term manga.

I welcome this change, if it can be pulled off good, this universe has so much potential yet it's heavily reduced because of the current scenes / sub-universe make-up, therefore, resetting is the best thing to do.

Just my 2 cents, and I don't want to bash or praise before even knowing exactly for sure what's going on over the next couple of chapters, hell, this could turn out rather awesomely.

noname1178
October 01, 2011, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, every dragon has an element right? What if the black dragon has power over time? And it sends FT 7yrs into future?....k sounds retarded but jst a random thought that popped into my head =]

1337 haxor
October 01, 2011, 10:38 PM
I have an important question:

Will the good guys come back revamped or will they be the same just thrown into a much stronger world?

That is the most important of questions to be adressed because:

-If word that Fairy Tail defeated Grimmoire Heart spreaded then Ivan probably strenghted Raven Tail a lot in 7 years.

-If word that Zeref is awake spreaded then Tartaros likely strenghted itself a lot in 7 years with Zeref possibly becoming it's leader.

The good guys were already strong enough to defeat the most powerful evil guild before the timeskip and if they come back with seven years of development things will become completely insane unless the bad guys also pumped themselves up.

I hope it is the second option, that the good guys return in a world that mostly lost hope in them and where the villains have become strong to the point they will have to work hard before challenging Acnologia for a second round.

GomuGomu_Getsuga
October 01, 2011, 11:07 PM
A surprising chapter I must say. If this is the author's way of a time skip then I'm not entirely angry. I feel like it's a little too soon for a time skip. Especially when Laxus just returned. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. At least this isn't the typical predictable story.

llamapie
October 02, 2011, 12:26 AM
A surprising chapter I must say. If this is the author's way of a time skip then I'm not entirely angry. I feel like it's a little too soon for a time skip. Especially when Laxus just returned. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. At least this isn't the typical predictable story.

It just came out of no where. >,> Like wtf. 7 years all of the sudden. I guarantee that fairy chick saved them all though, whoever she is.

Ifrit
October 02, 2011, 12:40 AM
I disagree with the theory they are now in dimension where dragons are. Only Natsu, Gajeel, and wendy are related to dragons.

I think that girl " which I think she's the first Fairy Appear in the Series" saved the whole Island with all Fairy Tail members on it, and sent them to where the Fairies live now " they are in the Fairies world now :P"

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9090/unledkie.png

And if that was correct...I believe we will see "Mavis" in the "Fairy world" as well

GomuGomu_Getsuga
October 02, 2011, 01:08 AM
I sat at my computer in awe for at least five minutes. I would like to have heard at least one hint about fairies being a part of the manga.(besides the manga being called fairy tail) The group might just pop out of nowhere in the middle of what used to be fairy tail.

What does this mean for Gerard? Does he make a return this time around?

scruffyboy12
October 02, 2011, 02:13 AM
I'll be honest the first thing i thought when i saw the girl, was that she was the one controlling the dragon. If you pay attention right after she closes her eyes the dragon wing buffets everyone then takes to the sky for the roar. But just a theory.

kakashidad
October 02, 2011, 04:11 AM
I really can't see how some would feel that this just happens to be another ''asspull''.Really i don't.If the
componet for an escape exsisted then you can't really shout for ''asspull''.There's two decent school of
thoughts,about just who that mysterious female was that turned up and helped them ESCAPE certain death.
1.She a random fairy a resident of tenroujima,
2.It's Mavis Vermillion,who is oringnally a FAIRY,And so a former resident of tenroujima,

Now to me at least.Number 2 is the logical and likely outcome.We know that fairy law and fairy glitter are
TWO of the great magic that Mavis was credited with.The Third and final one imo is what we've just witness.

The thing i find most interesting when looking at it from this perspective is.All of Mavis great magic.Have been to
protect faires or guild members.So a transportation spell of type would be totally expected...and it could be reasoned
that it's the ''defensive spell'' that gajeel little friend Levy was grasping at when Brixlow mate Fried was
crapping it lol?(there not enough time to write the spell or something)

Furthermore,when the Ft members join hands.Makarov smiled and said ''lets go home'' Mavis imo had already decided
in helping Makarov out with the plead he made back in issue 214...''protect the young ones i'll do the rest''.
He imo has attempted to fulfill his promise and that's why we have the embodiment of Mavis appear out of their
sight.But inspiring them/Helping them.By giving them the final Great magic.

As for who would of been left on the island Loz...well no one really.They that could hear and walk.Were ordered
to LEAVE and duly obliged.Azuma was quite clearly killed.He became one with the tree.Bluenote you'd have to
assume and with good reason too i might add.Was killed by Gildartz..you don't really expect him to leave an enemy
alive do you?

Romeo looking out to sea Seven year hence.Looking like he hero worship NATSU is just that imo.Hero worship.
He still has faith that he will return.And maybe the rest too.Everything is as it should be.I see no reason for dissapointment.
Opinion are like backsides,,we've all got one,we just don't need to hear them...right? lol.

ca12nag3
October 02, 2011, 05:25 AM
It just came out of no where. >,> Like wtf. 7 years all of the sudden. I guarantee that fairy chick saved them all though, whoever she is.

I hope they are in this other world, and that they kinda settled down and had families etc. We already had Mashima introduce couples for a while now and this is a ultimate chance for him to fast forward to them having families.
If they gave up on returning to the real world this would be a great move. We might get some glimps of how they settled down etc (i asume Natsu wont settle down and keep training/wanting to return).

And then we get 7 years later where this kid and others rescue them from that world. And all of a sudden well there will be a lot more ft kids :D

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I disagree with the theory they are now in dimension where dragons are. Only Natsu, Gajeel, and wendy are related to dragons.

I think that girl " which I think she's the first Fairy Appear in the Series" saved the whole Island with all Fairy Tail members on it, and sent them to where the Fairies live now " they are in the Fairies world now :P"

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9090/unledkie.png

And if that was correct...I believe we will see "Mavis" in the "Fairy world" as well

I only gave it as a easy option fast route but your correct it could also be that she is a fairy and this is the *fairy world*

kakashidad
October 02, 2011, 08:08 AM
Meh,it's abit retarded to assume Mavis or the embodiment of mavis did not just appear.And it's more retarded
to think that she could be a dragon or ds..lol.Why must there be always new charactor stepping out of the
blue?

Every new charactor that' been shown apart from one or two of the grimoire heart mob.Have had some form
of a prelude to the manga...Those should be the type of charactor that don't suprize us...Or they should with
the uncertainty of the timing of their arrival.

In the up comming arc.I'm expecting to see One or two of the ds dragons.I'm expecting to see Ivan make
some form of move on fairy tail.I'm expecting to see more from Meredy and Ultear.Considering Meredy looks
like Mavis more than lucy does.I'm expecting the Magic Council to do something under handed...I expect
these things.Whether they all occur in the next arc or the ones after that.I expect to see them.As they are
not out of the realm of speculation.But creditable hints thoughtout the story sofar.

As for the mysterious female controlling acknoWlogia when closing eyes here..http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Fairy_Tail/253/10 then that really is poor understanding of the story
been told. What say you...mods?

ca12nag3
October 02, 2011, 08:34 AM
Meh,it's abit retarded to assume Mavis or the embodiment of mavis did not just appear.And it's more retarded
to think that she could be a dragon or ds..lol.Why must there be always new charactor stepping out of the
blue?

Every new charactor that' been shown apart from one or two of the grimoire heart mob.Have had some form
of a prelude to the manga...Those should be the type of charactor that don't suprize us...Or they should with
the uncertainty of the timing of their arrival.

In the up comming arc.I'm expecting to see One or two of the ds dragons.I'm expecting to see Ivan make
some form of move on fairy tail.I'm expecting to see more from Meredy and Ultear.Considering Meredy looks
like Mavis more than lucy does.I'm expecting the Magic Council to do something under handed...I expect
these things.Whether they all occur in the next arc or the ones after that.I expect to see them.As they are
not out of the realm of speculation.But creditable hints thoughtout the story sofar.

As for the mysterious female controlling acknoWlogia when closing eyes here..http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Fairy_Tail/253/10 then that really is poor understanding of the story
been told. What say you...mods?

Why should that be retarded? We only have a few dragonslayers so far. She could be a dragonslayer but im not saying its so im only saying its a option. And then its retarded? Like i said back when the boy at the harbor overlooking the sea it could be Macaos son i was called retarded too. I dont get what everyones problem is with predicting things like it could be this or that. Cause its predicting. So its not retarded.
If i were to state things for fact that are not fact then its retarded, so i kind of take offense in the way you say this.

We are only trying to fill in the gaps,

-Who is that girl?
-Who is the boy at the harbor?
-Where did everyone go for these *7 years*?
-Why did the black dragon attack them (Zeref had already left but the dragon seems to be linked to him)?

And then if we try to make sense of these unknowns and give our ideas were retarded? lol.

Oh btw nobody is asuming anything were only giving options, I almost always typ things in a way that its a option/theory. So how is this asuming something?

Campsis
October 02, 2011, 09:23 AM
I Know what it could be like in the series its said theres 3 Unique Fairy Tail spell/magic abilities and theres only been 2 fairy glitter and fairy law maybe this is the third one and it teleports them to the fairy world or maybe it teleports them back to the guild base and theres a downside to the spell and it takes 7 years to work. just wat i think might have happened

kakashidad
October 02, 2011, 09:40 AM
Why should that be retarded? We only have a few dragonslayers so far. She could be a dragonslayer but im not saying its so im only saying its a option. And then its retarded? Like i said back when the boy at the harbor overlooking the sea it could be Macaos son i was called retarded too. I dont get what everyones problem is with predicting things like it could be this or that. Cause its predicting. So its not retarded.
If i were to state things for fact that are not fact then its retarded, so i kind of take offense in the way you say this.

We are only trying to fill in the gaps,

-Who is that girl?
-Who is the boy at the harbor?
-Where did everyone go for these *7 years*?
-Why did the black dragon attack them (Zeref had already left but the dragon seems to be linked to him)?

And then if we try to make sense of these unknowns and give our ideas were retarded? lol.

Oh btw nobody is asuming anything were only giving options, I almost always typ things in a way that its a option/theory. So how is this asuming something?

Woah, steady there.Thanks for the reply.I had made at least three other post that were
not so harsh..shall we say.Funnily enough the harsh one was what got the reply lol.

I too am only predicting and i too came to the same conclusion as yourself in regards to Romeo
looking out to sea...See we're not to dis-simular lol.

If you've got pass me saying why i thought the suggestion place were retarded.Then you
would of seen me make a case as to why Mavis and any would be fairy are one and the
same.At least i'm not constantly looking for someone to die?:D

As for your question who is the girl...Mavis Vermillion a Fairy.
who's the boy...Romeo in his HERO WORSHIP guise...kids do play.
Where did everyone go for seven yrs..That one i'm unsure about.But i'd say that they'll come back like
luffy and his crew..uber polished.And strong as hell.Hell they may all be S-Class mages.
Why did acknoWlogia attack them...Well 1 he's the embodiment of destruction.When he comes around
era end.We have an end to a era developing no? 2.It could still have been looking for zeref?Picked
up on his scent or something? we don't really know if he had been on tenroujima for 400 yrs do we?

Bhoot
October 02, 2011, 10:45 AM
Guyz it is not Romeo . After 7 years dont u think he would look well bigger ??

Its probably the teleporter's kid or something [or maybe FT is considered to be a historical guild now and he is just cosplaying] .

Also , I think the girl is the light dragon [opposite of darkness dragon] dragonslayer . If not that then , she is a fairy as someone already mentioned .

FT was starting to become a drag . This may give it good turn of events . Maybe the kid will become famous and hence attract the FT survivors thereby reforming FT . Hopefully Natsu will have become more mature by then and Gajeel more calm . Wendy did need a time skip , she is just too young to be shown badly hurt (no one likes to see a child hurt) .

I also think that Gildartz will have trained the FT memebrs who are now hiding to save themselves from being questioned by the Mage council .

Darjaille
October 02, 2011, 11:12 AM
Guyz it is not Romeo . After 7 years dont u think he would look well bigger ??

Its probably the teleporter's kid or something [or maybe FT is considered to be a historical guild now and he is just cosplaying] .

Buhaha, I have a guide prepared :XD

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5166/romeocropped.png
This is Romeo from chapter 2. He does look like he's 7 at best.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6259/tbwsascropped.jpg
This is the boy who stares at sea. If he's Romeo, he would be 14 now.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7950/natsucropped.png
This he Natsu. Visually, he should be cca 17 (around Lucy and Lisanna age). Does he look he's 17? No.

Btw, don't take it too seriously~ I just felt like cropping pics XD
I'm not saying he must be Romeo, I'm just saying that saying it can't be him because he doesn't look old enough isn't any law in manga :)

ErosVp
October 02, 2011, 11:23 AM
@Darjaille

No more doubt he is Romeo! He looks like he has 6 in the first picture and 13 in the other.... Will people start to believe now?

Josef K.
October 02, 2011, 11:30 AM
Natsu would not change in appearance, I mean he would not look older, as for a change of clothes, maybe, but I think he can not age form what he currently is, or maybe he does but his looks do not change that much. He ages slower.

ca12nag3
October 02, 2011, 11:45 AM
Woah, steady there.Thanks for the reply.I had made at least three other post that were
not so harsh..shall we say.Funnily enough the harsh one was what got the reply lol.

I too am only predicting and i too came to the same conclusion as yourself in regards to Romeo
looking out to sea...See we're not to dis-simular lol.

If you've got pass me saying why i thought the suggestion place were retarded.Then you
would of seen me make a case as to why Mavis and any would be fairy are one and the
same.At least i'm not constantly looking for someone to die?:D

As for your question who is the girl...Mavis Vermillion a Fairy.
who's the boy...Romeo in his HERO WORSHIP guise...kids do play.
Where did everyone go for seven yrs..That one i'm unsure about.But i'd say that they'll come back like
luffy and his crew..uber polished.And strong as hell.Hell they may all be S-Class mages.
Why did acknoWlogia attack them...Well 1 he's the embodiment of destruction.When he comes around
era end.We have an end to a era developing no? 2.It could still have been looking for zeref?Picked
up on his scent or something? we don't really know if he had been on tenroujima for 400 yrs do we?

Why i say its a possibility shes a dragonslayer is not for fanwishes, its based on facts. Makarov mentioned about the the 3 slayers would gather in the guild, why would fairies have anything to do with dragons?
As for her being a fairy? Fairies regardless of whatever story you take are tiny, shes not tiny look at palet 1 of the introduction page shes regular size be it a small girl but still.
Also if Zeref is a dragonslayer and it seems that way we got 3 male slayers 1 female slayer, lame as it may be but logically wed get another female slayer not a male.
Also Zeref showed up on the island, and finally Acknologica, well if Zeref hoped Natsu would be strong enough to *kill him* then who ordered who to kill who? Im saying that there has to be some leadership within the dragon / dragonslayer ranks, i dont see Igneel or Natsu going on a killingspree for the fun of it.

Atobe the king
October 02, 2011, 11:55 AM

Like i said, he read this forum and saw what everyone was saying about him and here's his answer. None of you can say you saw that outcome happening.

meepers4982
October 02, 2011, 12:32 PM
Natsu would not change in appearance, I mean he would not look older, as for a change of clothes, maybe, but I think he can not age form what he currently is, or maybe he does but his looks do not change that much. He ages slower.

That does'nt make any sense as we have seen natsu age normally (flashbacks with Lisana). I dont know how his aging works but it something to look forward to finding out.

Dudett
October 02, 2011, 12:38 PM
okay so if it's really romeo he looks freakin' much like zeref. creepy.

Rarhyx
October 02, 2011, 12:58 PM
Like i said, he read this forum and saw what everyone was saying about him and here's his answer. None of you can say you saw that outcome happening.

I saw their "friendship blabla" but not the timeskip^^

Ruissu
October 02, 2011, 12:59 PM
first if all, haya ~

there is some sort of , what i call, hint, in this chapter.

when the girl/fairy/dragon/? appears and starts praying(?), the next few pages, its about fairy tail members saying "lets all go home together, to fairytail" maybe that's were they went. to "fairy tail"

I know XD a bit fer-fetched idea, but i can't find mashima-san to kill oll of them characters all of a sudden.

Ive read other mangas from him, and i don't think it suits his style. I mean, fairytail is quite a RAVE look a Like.

So i'm voting for some kind'a of time travel or Slumber sleep. until then, im still gasping from that dragons breath!

Gasp*!

Blanka
October 02, 2011, 02:33 PM
I think she is Mavis Vermillion, the founder of Fairy Tail, but not a dragon slayer or dragon or actually a real fairy. Her appearance and abilities may be fairy-like, but I believe she is a Stellar Spirit.
1) Mavis reappeared, but that does not mean she was on the island since the founding of Fairy Tail. She heeded the call of Cana, and came out when Acknowledgia showed up.
2) The fact that the island was truly eradicated indicates that it had to be moved to another dimension plane. Where the dragons are, exceed, stellar spirit plane, wherever.
3) Mavis moved them because she had to, and 7 years since Lucy's mom 7-7-7 is just a common number used for continuity.
4) I believe she is the stellar spirit pisces "the scales" and balances protection/life for those that bear the mark of the guild she founded, her extension to their realm. They are on the stellar spirit realm training.
5) The S-class test was a way to pull all the offensively talented mages to get a chance to separate and come back as the world's hope. Fairy Tail probably dismantled or is just a shell of former self. Except Romeo has kept the spirit going, and he will see them return.
6) A lot of pairing happened LevixGazelle, etc. It would be hilarious if there was not a lot of pda but a couple of new brats running around (children).

Nonlife
October 02, 2011, 03:00 PM
1) Of course. Since the manga is based on fantasy, it's understandable for "spirits"/ghosts of important figures to make an appearance.
2) I don't know. It's possible the island was truly destroyed, 'cept for the main characters; & the source of FT's power will thrive again. (Maybe through everyone on the island.)
3) I wonder if the whole business with the number "7" was around Mavis's time, or that's when it started?
4) Who knows?
5) It may be a shell of its former self b/c the source of their power disappeared after Acnologia's attack. Despite the fact it lost its best members, I doubt the Council was lenient & still delivered harsh judgement to the remaining members in the guild. (It's all part of the "blame game."
6) What about Evergreen & Elfman? (Until its confirmed, I believe everyone on the island was put into suspended animation/moved into the future.)

swordsaintscoot
October 03, 2011, 01:03 AM
the island didnt just disappear, its clearly visible in the panels the island itself was destroyed.

the members of the guild are no doubt ok they.

ghostexiled
October 03, 2011, 01:18 AM
Best chapter of the arc!

For sure the key members are alive and well... however, I do hope they come back seasoned and stronger than before.

I also like the fact that this now will give the "current" guild members a chance to step up and become more valuable and stronger... instead of just having the ones that vanished being the power houses.

I look forward in seeing how the guild has changed and who are their key members now that the main cast has been gone for 7 years.

Ninja_Pirate
October 03, 2011, 02:03 AM
If only the magic is related to time travel... it is possible that the island will just reappear in 791.. in the situation of dire need for Fairy tail.. and that boy is just fighting against all odds to keep the FT feel alive all this years... but again.. why "7" years,.. May be it is some event .. some portal opens or some ritual that takes place every 7 years after 777 in which FT just got sucked in .. since even zereff was on the island just sleeping and suddenly woke up at that vary time.. so FT members (wherever they are stuck) might have figured out the "7" logic and must be waiting/surviving for that time to come when they can return..

Because if they just traveled in time .. everyone is gonna luk the same with same power levels .. lol

kai_yondaime
October 03, 2011, 02:22 AM
well first of all i still think tht mavis was a guy and the girl we saw was a fairy since makarov said it himself tht long ago this island was said to be inhabited by fairies...this concept of tinmeskip is surely something to do with zeref/natsu being boys and still being 400 yrs old...ok one more question...wht abt charle's prediction ?? did tht already happen? cause i didnt seem to notice it..tht kid is definately romeo as it was shown before unless the artisit forgot they already made a kid like tht before and tht would be lame..yea obv they arent dead cause lucy is the one narrating the story as far as i remember..though its sure is a very big risk tht mashima has taken...its either hit or miss from here

Lee-tyme7
October 03, 2011, 03:48 AM
Whoa everyone hold on a minute just because there's a times skip doesn't mean it's a times skip. Maybe they were sent to the future for a new arc and everyone will be the same age but times change and when the mission is done they're be sent back, who knows. But it does feels kinda fishy having a 7 years time skip.

oniichan powaa
October 03, 2011, 08:05 AM
I do agree with the posts before me. It might not be a time skip, maybe they're all transferred to another realm or time line. I guess they're turned back to the past by the mysterious girl/Mavis/fairy, Waaaay back to the past, before fairy tail was established. That would give them the opportunity to learn history, about Zeref or disappearance of the dragons. It might explain why Natsu and Gazeel is older than 80.

Ifrit
October 03, 2011, 08:06 AM
Whoa everyone hold on a minute just because there's a times skip doesn't mean it's a times skip. Maybe they were sent to the future for a new arc and everyone will be the same age but times change and when the mission is done they're be sent back, who knows. But it does feels kinda fishy having a 7 years time skip.

It doesn't make any sense to me..why going 7 years ahead to change something in the future..shouldn't it be the other way around. If you want to change something you go to the past to change it or prevent it from happening again.

It is a time skip IMO...and I really hope every1 will appear stronger and older than before. If Mashima is planing on making Fairy Tail a long series this must be done eventually.

Ninja_Pirate
October 03, 2011, 09:36 AM
If only the magic is related to time travel... it is possible that the island will just reappear in 791.. in the situation of dire need for Fairy tail.. and that boy is just fighting against all odds to keep the FT feel alive all this years... but again.. why "7" years,.. May be it is some event .. some portal opens or some ritual that takes place every 7 years after 777 in which FT just got sucked in .. since even zereff was on the island just sleeping and suddenly woke up at that vary time.. so FT members (wherever they are stuck) might have figured out the "7" logic and must be waiting/surviving for that time to come when they can return..

Because if they just traveled in time .. everyone is gonna luk the same with same power levels .. lol

Seriously... when i posted .. no one responded to the same concept :p

Anyways.. i think its not a time skip.. since lucy was narrating the story.. and on the island she almost done it the way that it was their last adventure before she started narrating.. so yes she is alive for sure,... and so is everyone else.. :) ..

But why Mashima has to show that boy long back during the fight going on .. that was weired.. just to put a point that yes it has been shown previously.. if only this boy was shown in the current chapter for the first time..

We already being stuck with previous 7 years from when the dragon's disappear.. and now there is another disappearance from the globe and again 7 years... stellar spirits is the only thing coming to my mind..

munafn
October 03, 2011, 11:27 AM
I dont think the boy is romeo, based on his current appearance (pre timeskip) he must be at least 7 or 8 years old..post time skip should make him around natsu's age at least or at least taller..this feels like its some other kid..

sarutobi_sensei
October 03, 2011, 12:06 PM
It doesn't make any sense to me..why going 7 years ahead to change something in the future..shouldn't it be the other way around. If you want to change something you go to the past to change it or prevent it from happening again.

It is a time skip IMO...and I really hope every1 will appear stronger and older than before. If Mashima is planing on making Fairy Tail a long series this must be done eventually.

Well, the same thing happened in Hitman Reborn. They got sent 10 years into the future in order to stop the main force there, gain power and knowledge and then avoid the same events in the past. Basically, it's the opposite of what Trunks did in DBZ.

It's a good idea, but I dunno if it'll happen.

If they appear older than before, it'll look odd, sure, it'll be good, but a 7 year time skip means that they are all true adults, that most likely Makarov died of old age or something.

As for the girl, it's either Mavis's spirit, or a fairy, or both, maybe she is a fairy and is Mavis. But why was Acknowlogia using so little power to fight them? Was it in order for this to happen? Or because he was being controlled?

Can't wait to find answers, and what happened to FT Guild after the disappearance of the island.

Maybe the guild did disband by order of the council, but they are still meeting someplace.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Seriously... when i posted .. no one responded to the same concept :p

Anyways.. i think its not a time skip.. since lucy was narrating the story.. and on the island she almost done it the way that it was their last adventure before she started narrating.. so yes she is alive for sure,... and so is everyone else.. :) ..

But why Mashima has to show that boy long back during the fight going on .. that was weired.. just to put a point that yes it has been shown previously.. if only this boy was shown in the current chapter for the first time..

We already being stuck with previous 7 years from when the dragon's disappear.. and now there is another disappearance from the globe and again 7 years... stellar spirits is the only thing coming to my mind..

Nah it wasn't, Lucy at that time said something like, on this day, Tenroujima ceased to exist.

Well, I also like the idea of something happening each 7 years after 7-7-777. Layla is also connected to this whole story so she'll show up eventually.

Skyguardian
October 03, 2011, 01:37 PM
I dont think the boy is romeo, based on his current appearance (pre timeskip) he must be at least 7 or 8 years old..post time skip should make him around natsu's age at least or at least taller..this feels like its some other kid..

14 years would be ok for the look of the Kid.
Natsu is 17.

ashher
October 03, 2011, 02:12 PM
Could that girl be lyla?

ShoobyDooBop
October 03, 2011, 03:16 PM
I want them to have changes in appearances. It's a time skip after all. Meh that Mashima already used Zancrow's design on Zancrow himself. I want Mashima to give it to Natsu 7 years after with some changes ofc (Zancrow's design, that is.) I could imagine Gildarts being older. Juvia becoming more beautiful with a new hairstyle. And Laxus looking more BA. Just that. but I can't imagine the appearance. It's hard to imagine Lucy, Erza and the rest. Master would just be the same old master. This is about characters' design and because it's Mashima, I really am looking forward to it.

sarutobi_sensei
October 03, 2011, 07:30 PM
Could that girl be lyla?

I don't think so, she doesn't look the least like Layla.

I want them to have changes in appearances. It's a time skip after all. Meh that Mashima already used Zancrow's design on Zancrow himself. I want Mashima to give it to Natsu 7 years after with some changes ofc (Zancrow's design, that is.) I could imagine Gildarts being older. Juvia becoming more beautiful with a new hairstyle. And Laxus looking more BA. Just that. but I can't imagine the appearance. It's hard to imagine Lucy, Erza and the rest. Master would just be the same old master. This is about characters' design and because it's Mashima, I really am looking forward to it.

Hmm, I dunno if they'll be that different from what they are now. Maybe longer hair, different clothes, some scars?

That is if they do change in design. If they were placed in a space time barrier sort of thing that moved and froze the island somewhere they'll still look the same like last time we saw them.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c233/8.html This page will be very important in the future.

As well as this:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/6.html

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/17.html

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I wonder what will happen first, us finding who that girl is in the manga, or in the anime (trough Mavis's voice when Cana reaches the grave). If it's a girl's voice, it'll most likely be Mavis that saved them.

If it isn't, then, who is that girl?

Btw, I don't think that any FT chapter has ever had this many replies xD

lionrider
October 03, 2011, 10:59 PM
I think it's the same boy here

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c234/20.html

and his back showing here..

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c253/19.html

elitefox
October 04, 2011, 02:56 AM
Now all major manga have timeskip haha

It looks like young zeref >.<

ca12nag3
October 04, 2011, 04:21 AM
Now all major manga have timeskip haha

It looks like young zeref >.<

So Zeref became younger after 7 years? How much do people need to read that its a timeskip to the future for 7 years and be convinced this is not Zeref lol

Dracula
October 04, 2011, 06:58 AM
I don't think there is something left of FT...maybe it's just Romeo....I think Fairy Tail will get disbanded.

I would love to see Jura, Lyon, Erza Friends, and Ultear now + join Gerard to them..that is something

777 The dragons disappeared .....784 (7 years after) one of them appeared.

now another 7 years later 791....I think we know Mashima lucky number now ...it's "7" LOL

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8941/unledwch.png

You just noticed he always use 7??

according to fairytail wiki it states that mavis is a guy. but i reckon the wiki must be lying....

In the wiki it says Mavis gender is unknown >_<

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also believe the girl could be : a. Mavis b. A Fairy c. Both 1 and 2 d. a Dragon Slayer~

If they were teleported or something it sould be in:

a. Stellar spirit world b. World where the dragons are c. A new world or place d. Shabaody island lol

If Mashima decided to use time travel i wish it wouldn't be like a KHR which is lame~

About the kid with the news paper - i have no idea who it really is. I don't believe it could be Zeref, Romeo, Mest etc. lol

Hrathgrath
October 04, 2011, 11:53 AM

21 / 3 = 7

I don't know about all of the 7 symbolisim, but I've always wondered what the 3rd spell is. I hope it transported the island to someplace else where they continue to age and get stronger!

Ifrit
October 04, 2011, 01:43 PM
but I've always wondered what the 3rd spell is. I hope it transported the island to someplace else where they continue to age and get stronger!

I don't think the 3rd spell will be revealed now...everyone is talking about 3rd Spell belong to Mavis...we already seen Mavis spell is "Fairy Glitter"....Makarov spell is " Fairy Law"...I think the third spell...only Ivan Laxus dad has it ...and it will be revealed in Raven Tail Arc.

best theory I've read so far and counting on is

Fairy Tail members was send to the "Fairies World" and there they will get the chance to meet Mavis in person...he/she could be the king/Queen of that world or something....

but Lissana was telling everyone...to focus their power on "Freed" ...he could have done something..although the girl that appears make Freed chance of doing something is far from happening...

Thuwa25
October 05, 2011, 07:44 AM
I know this may sound terminatorish but i reckon Romeo is looking at the sea might mean that he came back from a mission with dad and wonders what has happened to the mages. i bet you the kid will say what the hell happened to the guild in the next chapter.

i reckon the new arc will be him going back in time to try and save some if not all of the fairy tail mages. But lets hope the mages are still alive i am still blown away by the last chapter that i thought i was watching terminator.

kidopitz27
October 05, 2011, 02:48 PM
i think when the members of FT(the ones in the island) returned FT guildmaster will be Makarov's son (raven tail GM) and maybe at those 7 years FT's name is tarnished by that man like FT do bad things like assassination, robbery and etc

RaveDragon
October 06, 2011, 03:11 AM
Nah it wasn't, Lucy at that time said something like, on this day, Tenroujima ceased to exist.

Well, I also like the idea of something happening each 7 years after 7-7-777. Layla is also connected to this whole story so she'll show up eventually.

Thats true this could be proof the island won't come back but she never mentioned they died and her narrating seemed to imply they lived and it was a sad time for a while i mean they lost big time with the dragon.

Could that girl be lyla?

Layla is Lucy's mum and looks like a photocopy of her kid so i don't think so, she's a new character who might be connceted to any of the present and there's a 60 % chance she saved them, a 70% chance she knows one of them and a 90 % chance she's with the dragons

sarutobi_sensei
October 06, 2011, 11:36 AM
Hmm, now that I'm thinking on this, I keep getting the feeling that they were sent into the future like on Reborn.

It would also be good if they were simply gone for 7 years and return all powerful and totally changed, but, somehow I can't see this.

I'm betting that on the last page of the next chapter we'll be seeing a part of them, either hair, clothes or a foot or something xD

Or Maybe we just see the Guild's building and here someone saying, finally, home.

The wait is killing me.

Krono
October 06, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hmm, now that I'm thinking on this, I keep getting the feeling that they were sent into the future like on Reborn.

It would also be good if they were simply gone for 7 years and return all powerful and totally changed, but, somehow I can't see this.

Yeah, I find the likelihood against them having simply been gone powering up for 7 years.

The narration implies they've all been missing, presumed dead for the last 7 years. Just for starters, if they were alive and active anywhere, Loki should be able to contact the guild to let them know that everyone is alive and well. Beyond that, they have little to no reason to have spent years hidden away from the guild training somewhere. Yeah, random encounter of doom turned their island into a shallow spot in the ocean. That's not enough for all of them to spend years hidden away training to have a rematch. Especially when for most, if not all of them, they should have better training options back at the guild.

ErosVp
October 06, 2011, 02:55 PM
What if Loki can materialize just in the spirit world and in the world his gate key is? It is kinda obvious Lucy has his key, and it was always implied he needs it...

sarutobi_sensei
October 06, 2011, 03:17 PM
Thing is, what if they told Loki not to do it? What even if Loki isn't able to materialize where his key isn't, if they were sent to another dimension, Loki won't be able to materialize on their own dimension.

ErosVp
October 06, 2011, 03:26 PM
It is what i'm saying! Loki wouldn't be able to go to the human world, because FT is probably in another dimension and his gate key too (the name gate means he can only use it to pass)...

1337 haxor
October 06, 2011, 10:18 PM
Guys, don't make such a fuss.

The most likely hypothesis is that the misterious girl is a Fairy, there is no reason for it to be something else since Mavis would hardly be a small girl with winged ears and any spirit of the fairy island would have to be a fairy.

Moving to things more speculative...

I believe that girl displaced Fairy Tail to a restricted space, they basically looped into a bubble outside of exhistence so that everyone could escape the attack.

However, Acnologia's black magic collided with the Fairy's light magic with such strenght that the restricted space was thrown adrift and ended up landing back into reality much later in the future.

Moving to reason behind scenes...

As weird as this time skip is, after giving it a time I realized why Mashima had to do it.

Fairy Tail became too strong.

The guild had too many members and 13 active core members were all S-Class, former S-Class or S-Class potential candidates.

The guild's power was so great that it was labeled one of the three magical protuberances of the world and managed to sigle handedly defeat the strongest dark guild which was also labeled one of the three great magical protuberances.

With Zeref just restored to his world hating self and a big bad black dragon that can reshape the geography of the world with a breathe did anybody here really tought that other villains could possibly had a chance to shine?

The time skip was almost certainly used to get rid of useless secondary characters in FT guild but more important than that it gave time for the world to rebalance itself on new grounds.

If I am not wrong Mashima most likely used the time skip for Raven Tail and Tartaros to raise in proeminence so that their increase in power can bare the strenght FT possessed at the time it defeated Grimmoire Heart.

Krono
October 07, 2011, 12:01 AM
What if Loki can materialize just in the spirit world and in the world his gate key is? It is kinda obvious Lucy has his key, and it was always implied he needs it...

A possibility, but that he was on a date when Lucy first tried summoning him in Edoras implies that he can be in Earthland regardless of what dimension Lucy and his key is in. No it's not a certain thing, but the probability is there. Plus, if Lucy were dead, he should still be able to tell everyone given the way that the various gold spirits acted on their own to give Lucy their keys.

Thing is, what if they told Loki not to do it? What even if Loki isn't able to materialize where his key isn't, if they were sent to another dimension, Loki won't be able to materialize on their own dimension.

Part of my point is that they'd have no reason to hide, that includes telling Loki not to let everyone know they were ok. They lost to a dragon that's fearsome enough to send the council troops fleeing in terror. That's all. They've no more reason to hide than Gildarts had to hide after it maimed him. Most of the people they're closest to may be on the island with them, but that doesn't mean that they'd leave everyone back at the guild thinking they were dead for years. Particularly in cases like with Levi, Jet and Droy.

k0dach1
October 07, 2011, 12:41 AM
I don't know if this was brought up before but what if that mysterious "fairy" hid the island from sight. It was said that Tenrou Island was hidden until the S-class exam. What if it was not by Makarov's choice, but the island just appears every 7 years? Also, if that giant tree is dead, anyone with the mark of Fairy Tail wil, lose their magical powers. Seeing a young boy 7 years in the future, it means that Fairy Tail is still an active mage guild. I don't think a mage guild would survive 7 years without magical powers, so the logical explanation would be that the tree is still standing tall giving power to all remaining FT members, just hidden.

So I think that the FT members are just stuck in Tenrou Island, possibly in another dimension or time, are just honing their skills. Most likely knowing that they will be back after 7 years (info from Makarov).

>>> Looking forward to seeing Wendy fly.

ca12nag3
October 07, 2011, 05:14 AM
Guys, don't make such a fuss.

The most likely hypothesis is that the misterious girl is a Fairy, there is no reason for it to be something else since Mavis would hardly be a small girl with winged ears and any spirit of the fairy island would have to be a fairy.

Moving to things more speculative...

I believe that girl displaced Fairy Tail to a restricted space, they basically looped into a bubble outside of exhistence so that everyone could escape the attack.

However, Acnologia's black magic collided with the Fairy's light magic with such strenght that the restricted space was thrown adrift and ended up landing back into reality much later in the future.

Moving to reason behind scenes...

As weird as this time skip is, after giving it a time I realized why Mashima had to do it.

Fairy Tail became too strong.

The guild had too many members and 13 active core members were all S-Class, former S-Class or S-Class potential candidates.

The guild's power was so great that it was labeled one of the three magical protuberances of the world and managed to sigle handedly defeat the strongest dark guild which was also labeled one of the three great magical protuberances.

With Zeref just restored to his world hating self and a big bad black dragon that can reshape the geography of the world with a breathe did anybody here really tought that other villains could possibly had a chance to shine?

The time skip was almost certainly used to get rid of useless secondary characters in FT guild but more important than that it gave time for the world to rebalance itself on new grounds.

If I am not wrong Mashima most likely used the time skip for Raven Tail and Tartaros to raise in proeminence so that their increase in power can bare the strenght FT possessed at the time it defeated Grimmoire Heart.

That is hardly anything but speculation, the winged ears? Seriously? You looked at Meredy,Wendy and Erzas clothing? They all have head pieces worn now and then with wings or cones or w/e ornament on it. It says nothing at all. As for the idea that anyone who is on the island is a fairy, so Zeref is a Fairy? Or that other tree dude who happend to pop up?
Im saying that we do not know how she got there who she is and why she is even there. Other characters happend to be on the island too, its just the first time (it seems) that one has actually helped them and not attacked them. So im inclined to think she is Mavis, but that does not say shes a fairy. Cmon.

Another thing is this, FT does not break with tradition, meaning that the size of mythical beings remains the same as how they are depicted elsewhere, and it so happens to be that the girl is regular sized, she aint a fairy with wings the size of a pencil.

About the name Fairy Tail, its a pun on Fairytale. And makarov told them kids its about fairy tails but nobody has ever seen a fairy, this doesnt have to mean its real or not. It could just be a story. Be it a romantic story by the Fairy Tail founder. And with the intent of its members to always believe that there is more out there.

sarutobi_sensei
October 07, 2011, 06:29 AM
That is hardly anything but speculation, the winged ears? Seriously? You looked at Meredy,Wendy and Erzas clothing? They all have head pieces worn now and then with wings or cones or w/e ornament on it. It says nothing at all. As for the idea that anyone who is on the island is a fairy, so Zeref is a Fairy? Or that other tree dude who happend to pop up?

Haha Zeref a Fairy xD

Im saying that we do not know how she got there who she is and why she is even there. Other characters happend to be on the island too, its just the first time (it seems) that one has actually helped them and not attacked them. So im inclined to think she is Mavis, but that does not say shes a fairy. Cmon.

Well she could be Mavis and a Fairy. Or she could just be Mavis. Or just a Fairy. Or neither.

Another thing is this, FT does not break with tradition, meaning that the size of mythical beings remains the same as how they are depicted elsewhere, and it so happens to be that the girl is regular sized, she aint a fairy with wings the size of a pencil.

About the name Fairy Tail, its a pun on Fairytale. And makarov told them kids its about fairy tails but nobody has ever seen a fairy, this doesnt have to mean its real or not. It could just be a story. Be it a romantic story by the Fairy Tail founder. And with the intent of its members to always believe that there is more out there.
Well he did want to inspire them. Do fairy have tails? Or don't they? We don't know, because we've never seen one, but they should be out there somewhere.

It's like you say, a romantic thing to tell for members to search.

----

Someone mentioned that the tree gave them magical power, reading the arc again we can really see that when the tree fell, their magical power and their tattoos started disappearing. The kid we saw last chapter has a tattoo on his arm, this means that the tree is still out there. So if the tree is, they should be as well.

If FT didn't get disbanded, then the next FT master should be Polyusca. She does still belong to FT guild. And she knows more than she's letting out.

Krono
October 07, 2011, 01:09 PM
I don't know if this was brought up before but what if that mysterious "fairy" hid the island from sight. It was said that Tenrou Island was hidden until the S-class exam. What if it was not by Makarov's choice, but the island just appears every 7 years?

We can clearly see chunks of island being hurled through the air by the blast:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/14

followed by water flowing in to fill the crater:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/16

Also, if that giant tree is dead, anyone with the mark of Fairy Tail wil, lose their magical powers. Seeing a young boy 7 years in the future, it means that Fairy Tail is still an active mage guild. I don't think a mage guild would survive 7 years without magical powers, so the logical explanation would be that the tree is still standing tall giving power to all remaining FT members, just hidden.

Someone mentioned that the tree gave them magical power, reading the arc again we can really see that when the tree fell, their magical power and their tattoos started disappearing. The kid we saw last chapter has a tattoo on his arm, this means that the tree is still out there. So if the tree is, they should be as well.

*Sigh* I thought we were done with this misconception, but apparently it's still circulating.

No.

Once again the tree is not the source of all their power every where all the time. It only provides those with the Fairy Tail guild mark with additional power and protection from death while they are on the island.

While off the island, they fight entirely with their own power. While the tree is down, they fight entirely with their own power. Nor did their guild marks start disappearing. You can see them quite clearly at numerous points while the tree is down.

If you need an example, you can see Lucy commenting that most of her magic power has recovered here:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c242/5.html

Which is something that would not happen if the tree was the source of her power and it was down.

So Erza's fight with Azuma, Blue Note and Rusty Rose being finished off, Gray's fight with Ultear, and all the big attacks they threw at Hades were from their own power. They didn't beging to get power from the tree again until Ultear restored it at the very end of the Hades fight.

MyuuMyuu
October 07, 2011, 04:19 PM
I really can't see all the persons 7 years older.. I know hiro likes the number 7, but.. its just a way too big timeskip..
I really just think that in the next chapter we will see them all dump down from the sky and go "huh? What happend :D we survived" and then slowly finding out "wtf.. we died.. 7 years ago?" and probably meet someone from the guild, Romeo maybe. It makes sense, even if they only were gone for a second, in the real world, they were gone for 7 years. Time travelling is my best guess :3

RaveDragon
October 08, 2011, 02:30 AM
We know for certain that:

Girl with wings on head (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/253/9) - she did do something and could possibly explain the survival of the guild.

This boy very Romeo like (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/253/18) is a fairy tail member and is probably going to bring the old members back

Next chapter Fairy Tail - 2 possibilities: The old members finally get back to fairy tail which i don't think will happen already but we might catch a glimpse of them or a few panels of them reawakening and I dont think they aged tbh wherever they are

The 7 year later fairy tail will be shown to us with Romeo still believing alone that the other members survived.

Or like im hoping both of the above

oniichan powaa
October 08, 2011, 02:48 AM
My guess:
Next chapter we are going to see the Romeo and the remaining Fairy Tail ( I still can't imagine the 7 years worth of change ).
Oh, and Natsu & Co. will 'be there' too. As memorials like pictures or something of that sort of course.. Makarov will be made into a statue.
Romeo must really idolize Natsu since he dressed himself like Natsu. Will he use some kind of fire magic?
No, we might not see Natsu, Makarov & Co. *alive* next chapter. Maybe few chapters after..

Ifrit
October 08, 2011, 03:16 AM
Will he use some kind of fire magic?

I think so...since his father also uses flame magic..."purple flames" or something like that.

meepers4982
October 08, 2011, 04:29 AM
I don't know if this was brought up before but what if that mysterious "fairy" hid the island from sight. It was said that Tenrou Island was hidden until the S-class exam. What if it was not by Makarov's choice, but the island just appears every 7 years? Also, if that giant tree is dead, anyone with the mark of Fairy Tail wil, lose their magical powers. Seeing a young boy 7 years in the future, it means that Fairy Tail is still an active mage guild. I don't think a mage guild would survive 7 years without magical powers, so the logical explanation would be that the tree is still standing tall giving power to all remaining FT members, just hidden.

So I think that the FT members are just stuck in Tenrou Island, possibly in another dimension or time, are just honing their skills. Most likely knowing that they will be back after 7 years (info from Makarov).

>>> Looking forward to seeing Wendy fly.

i dont think the tree supplies their powers, they were all mages before they joined FT. I think that on the Island the tree supplied some power and protection but not their actual power, if natsu didnt have their FT marks they would still be pretty powerful mages. I mean Look at Gajeel, he was an s-class before he joined fairytail.

Ratatosk
October 08, 2011, 05:18 AM
So yeah, I just noticed another way they could've survived (mentioned in the anime otherwise I'd never have remembered)

Something about a barrier so you could never normally find the island. It did look like it was reduced to a pile of rubble below sea level though so who knows.

sarutobi_sensei
October 08, 2011, 06:27 AM
They did say that the island normally wasn't visible. Maybe it really happened, the island wasn't destroyed, but moved into another location or is there but they can't see it. Only when the time comes will it reveal itself.

Irrc this was the first time the location of the S-class Exam was on the island.

could be that the only ones that can find it,while it's invisible, are the ones that have learned of FT spells, like Makarov, Hades and then Laxus.

Either way, this is bound to be a great chapter.

Mashiro_Luna
October 08, 2011, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know if we are getting a chapter this week? Or is it on break because of the time skip?

shuha27
October 08, 2011, 10:42 AM
Does anyone know if we are getting a chapter this week? Or is it on break because of the time skip?

I hope there is no break =/
Mangastream's website says it should be out anytime today or Sunday.

3c
October 08, 2011, 10:48 AM

Doubt there is one but don't take my word for it.

Last page (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/19) of last chapter says nothing about the manga going on a hiatus. Normally before timeskips, or often just for breaks in general it mentions the break on the last page. In addition Mangastream hasn't posted anything about Fairy Tail being on a break this week on their website, I would have expected them to mention that if there was one especially considering that there's a timeskip.

Darjaille
October 08, 2011, 11:44 AM

Plus, it says "next chapter with an extra special 24 pages we crash into a brand new arc", not just doesn't mention any break. We're getting the chapter, however, last 3-4 weeks we got chapter Saturday evening GMT time or on Sunday. No worries, it probably takes them a bit longer due to extra pages :]

Color pages are always a bother as it's not just black/white cleaning, but colors. So when they remove the japanese text, they need to recolor those areas before adding english text. So yeah, takes longer