PDA

View Full Version : Predictions What do you think One piece is?

Pages : [1] 2

neild
November 02, 2006, 08:01 AM
Hey anyone i was thinking about the possibility of what is the one piece?
give me your vote...
this is how i see the end of the story and one piece itself:
i think when luffy finds 'it', it is gonna be in a treasure box, and then the scene changes from the treasure box's view,
that is the screen changes from blank to showing luffy's faces, showing that the box is being opened.do you know what im saying?
then the the end word show up...and that's it
and Oda will take a long break after finishing the story, maybe creating another manga or two, and then start one piece 2 where the story picks up from what one piece is.
give me your thoughts and ideas or just vote from the possibility there
thanks

Title edited for clarity ~ bax

angry
November 02, 2006, 08:18 AM
Its prob. the true history or atleast the last few chapters of OP will deal with the true history and finding the One Piece which will prob. turn out to be nothing at all ^^

neild
November 02, 2006, 08:40 AM
Its prob. the true history or atleast the last few chapters of OP will deal with the true history and finding the One Piece which will prob. turn out to be nothing at all ^^

i also have that in mind at first. but i dont think gold roger is lying.or maybe he was executed because the government know that he is lying and sending false message to the world.he created chaos,that is why he is eliminated.but the possibility for empty treasure has slipped through my mind once

Freakzin
November 03, 2006, 12:05 AM
all the poneglyphs gathered in ONE PIECE

neild
November 03, 2006, 05:25 AM
thanks for voting

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 03, 2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe the true treasure is to travel around the whole world with your nakama....

neild
November 03, 2006, 06:31 PM
I hope it wont be that lame

jeffhmwong
November 04, 2006, 11:52 AM
I think one piece is nothing, what comes with the whole journey is what matters.

neild
November 13, 2006, 07:52 PM
if you remember one piece the movie no 1, the treasure that SH is looking for is exactly the way you described it

kyubisharingan
November 13, 2006, 07:55 PM
I think its Gold roger's things that r valuable to him but not valuable to the rest of the world

neild
November 13, 2006, 10:12 PM
his personal belongings (option 5).maybe his childhood's toys or whatever

jeffhmwong
November 14, 2006, 08:35 AM
I dont think One piece is treasure.....COS SH crew already found lots of treasure on Sky Island....Whats the point if its treasure again??

Dark Zeza
November 14, 2006, 01:04 PM
I think Roger gathered all the message of Rio Poneglyph (eg. in Alabasta, in Skypea), he just took the message but not the Poneglyph itself, together they called One Piece, then put it somewhere. That will tell the true history, so it is treasure of the world.

neild
November 14, 2006, 02:02 PM
my bet, one piece is the final piece of poneglyph.unless oda already reveal it first

jeffhmwong
November 17, 2006, 12:46 AM
.....Just wait and see....i think its gonna be a shocker..

neild
November 17, 2006, 11:30 PM
one piece might not be the end of the manga.there will be one piece 2, that is post story after one piece has been found

jumbohiggins
November 30, 2006, 03:26 PM
heres how i see it this might seem like a cop out but i promise this was my idea way before this thread

its a mix of all the things you said rogers treasure will be thier not his personal stuff but his log book will be their which will lead luffy onto the next adventure and their will be the last poneglyph which will unlock new stuff about the ones they already read but the best part will be the df's

i imagine the entire island to be a devil fruit orchard with multiple trees of the same kind of devil fruit
beacuse think about it the reason their so rare might be beacuse they all come from the same place and that place is at the end of the world

Jooki
November 30, 2006, 03:33 PM
Well I also thought at first that it would be friendshp, adventures etc. But Well who knows.

daywalk3r
December 03, 2006, 05:12 AM
I think/hope One Piece is something, that just Ruffy understands, because he is like Roger (friendly, good heartet and so on ^^) not a Piece just ... ore something like a notice "you have come so far... wasn't it just enough fun? who needs gold?" xD

venicia777
December 03, 2006, 06:25 AM
I think one piece is nothing, what comes with the whole journey is what matters.

i have always felt that One Piece could exactly what you say. Although, i hope it is more than that. What more-- i havent been able to wrap my mind around it yet. of course this is the first time i am actually seriously thinking about all the possibilities that could represent one piece.

otaclub_87
December 03, 2006, 07:21 AM
maybe one piece is finally found as a treasure..but somehow that treasure may be destroyed within the fight to get it (by the 4 great power who want it)...then luffy and the crew realize that there are things that are more precious than that treasure which is their adventure and friendship among them..

Freakzin
December 03, 2006, 01:35 PM
nice thought aCeL but how about this, the 4 emperor and BB and more strong people engage in a GIANT WAR, rampagin era if u may, and luffy finds the treasure and destroys it to end the war , he how about that ?

Julmari
December 03, 2006, 02:13 PM
I think its something Gold Rogers had
Something like Luffys strawhat
Cause i think Gold Roger is allmost the same as Luffy :D

Jooki
December 04, 2006, 08:16 AM
ohh that's a good one. It may be something worthless to some but important to Roger.

jeffhmwong
December 06, 2006, 09:58 AM
Hmmm......but the predictions all along was, whom ever who discover OP, will be the pirate king. Is that true?

Julmari
December 06, 2006, 10:27 AM
Hmmm......but the predictions all along was, whom ever who discover OP, will be the pirate king. Is that true?

yes it's true but what if shanks has found the strawhat and was looking for some body whit the will to be the pirate king

Seiken
December 06, 2006, 05:40 PM
I feel it should be both the treasure itself and the adventure! :smile-big

Can`t really imagine that the great pirate king didn`t have any gold or such as a part of one piece.
Seriously, what kind of pirate king is that?

Darkheart608608
December 06, 2006, 10:29 PM
I like to ask something else first before answer this question. what it mean to be the private king? or what private king need to have to be called the private king? .......

in one of the earliest chapter in One Piece, Coby define with Luffy that Private King is the person who has everything in this world, Fame, Wealth, Power. Lately, we knew that, the person who conquer the New World, find One Piece, shall be called the Private King. Fame is what you will have when you reach the end of the New World. Therefore, I think One Piece will have something to do with Wealth and Power. Wealth, I think One Piece will have ton of treasure (gold). Power, I think One Piece will have the the last piece of Poneglyph, possible some or all the blue print of ancient weapon, along with lot of devil fruit treatsure (all kind which include the logia type fruit), or possible the original devil fruit trees.

Freakzin
December 06, 2006, 11:06 PM
why do u keep sayin Private King, when it's Pirate King

neild
December 06, 2006, 11:39 PM
It will be a note from roger: "hey luffy..i know you will come this far..", the crew will be in shocked, espescially luffy...and then to be continued to one piece 2.turns out that roger ate the future future fruit, which means he can predict the future.he knew luffy will come and be the pirate king, he knew he would die, that was why he smiled

or it can be gold roger's hat, and luffy replaced his straw hat to roger's hat as a proof of king of pirates.its something precious to roger, but not to anyone else who found it

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 08:34 PM
I think one piece would be something that would be of value only to Luffy. I haven't decided what it is yet but it has to be a thing, an object, or else it would be reather hard for me the imagine that Gold D. Roger actually HID it somewhere.

It would be a guinea pig!

Efreet
December 16, 2006, 10:31 AM
i think One Piece is a big fraction of Roger's strength.

Hawkeye
December 16, 2006, 07:41 PM
i think One Piece is a big fraction of Roger's strength.

What do you mean? Like he literally put his strength in it?

We already know it has the true history in it since it said that in one of the chapters and it probably does have a lot of gold but for some reason i truly doubt that would be it.

Julmari
December 17, 2006, 06:14 AM
There will be gold in the place where OP is (i think its a cave). But there some where is something strange, mabey the true history or mabey just some old stuffs of roger.

but didn't Gold Roger die whit out a hat?

Dragonzair
December 17, 2006, 06:30 AM
I read this freaky fanfiction where OP turns out to be Gol D Roger's shipmates bones/skeletons.

Basically, what the author was trying to say was that the most valuable treasure to Roger is his nakama, or something. *shrugs*

I personally found that a cool idea. :p But then, weren't his crew killed by the Marines? Or am I missing a point here somewhere?

Efreet
December 19, 2006, 07:45 AM
somehow when he mentioned vast treasures i don't think it's wealth

LightReaper
December 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
A valuable 'treasure' at the end of the grand line.

I mean there is no way anyone can come to any conclusion about what it is at this point in the series, seems like a silly discussion to have.

xr3b0rn5inx
February 01, 2007, 08:11 AM
My guess is One Piece is nothing.Maybe Gold.D.Roger said those words juz to get ppl to get into the pirate world =/

OP_overlord
February 01, 2007, 11:15 PM
yeah that could be but it could just be the tilte and that holds everthing and once you have the tile you relize that all you need is freinds the nakama that you relid on to get to OP and knowlage (the polygraph and the true history) and not actual $$$$$ nami will be very said by that but w/e and the wealth part will just come from respect that you have gained and everone will mant to be your nakama

haruka9
June 08, 2007, 03:03 AM
why don't we stretch out creative muscles and hypothesize what is really this "one piece," and why is this series called that way????

As for me, I guess "one piece" is just a simple item. It wouldn't be a golden treasure. It might be an everyday item but has a lot of value on it. I'm guessing that when they reach and get "one piece," it'd be the moment where each of the Straw Hat's dreams will come true. Luffy would be the Pirate King, Zoro would be the greatest swordsman, Nami would be able to draw the map of the world (since the location of "one piece" is at the end of Grand Line, I guess), Sanji would finally find All Blue, Usopp would be the brave warrior of the sea, Chopper would be this "papancea" and have the best adventure, Robin would finally deduce all about the Blank History and read the poneglyphs, and Franky's dream ship would have reached their last destination. All of their dreams are achieved and are tied together and has become One Piece. I guess that is why the series is called One Piece. They have unified and gathered their dreams as one. It's like putting the pieces of jigsaw Puzzle together (where the jigsaw puzzle piece stand for the Straw Hat's dreams) and getting the result (which is One Piece).

How about you guys....

Beautiful ideas, I like them. But there is already a thread about this subject, so I'll merge yours with that.

IgnorantSage
June 08, 2007, 06:33 AM
I read this freaky fanfiction where OP turns out to be Gol D Roger's shipmates bones/skeletons.

Basically, what the author was trying to say was that the most valuable treasure to Roger is his nakama, or something. *shrugs*

I personally found that a cool idea. :p But then, weren't his crew killed by the Marines? Or am I missing a point here somewhere?

That would be too freaky and messed up, even for One Piece!!! And I don't think Gol D. Roger would be too happy with dead nakamas, they'd only be treasures to him if they were alive and kicking.

Oh, and as far as I can remember, Gol D. Roger's crew weren't killed off by the marines, they were set free or granted pardon in exchange for the execution of the Pirate King himself.

aimaimaim
June 08, 2007, 07:41 AM
many people have asked "where is roger's treasure?" roger answered back.. "its in One Piece"..

IMO, One Piece is an island.. XD

but what does it contain?

IMO again, it doesn't contain anything valuable to anyone except roger.. well maybe there is something.. like a treasure box with a piece of paper saying..
"you came all the way here with your friends.. did you have fun with your adventure??"
its because pirates are very greedy people.. they want wealth and power.. maybe roger wants to get even with the people around the world and he made the world into a chaotic place

or maybe its an island that is surrounded All Blue and there might be a glyph that can explain all the other glyphs and tells the tale of History. Also, it may have some good sake, with it is an unknown sword that wields a powerful.. stuff. And might also has a map of the pieces of maps.. and may also contain preserved meat

or maybe its just the the box with the paper..

Impel Down
June 08, 2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the adventure seems to be the treasure that he promised. I mean, if he's a great pirate like Luffy, then shouldn't he be dirt-poor too? And getting to One Piece seems to me like it only benefits all the other crew members, sans Luffy, if there is no real treasure, but I also doubt Roger gives a fuck about any of the other things there. He obviously never made a map, found a Pancrea, or made a fabulous seafood dinner.

Anti-panda
June 09, 2007, 12:50 AM
I'm gonna go with pandamans .. mask .. the current pandaman wears it simply because he is the first mate of gol d roger.. and he is gaurding .. it. So when luffy reaches raftel he will have to fight pandaman and then he will get the mask and it will be proof to all that he is pirate king... "That mask is soooo cool Panda~osan" : luffy.

JK. lol

IgnorantSage
June 09, 2007, 04:06 AM
Yeah, the adventure seems to be the treasure that he promised. I mean, if he's a great pirate like Luffy, then shouldn't he be dirt-poor too? And getting to One Piece seems to me like it only benefits all the other crew members, sans Luffy, if there is no real treasure, but I also doubt Roger gives a fuck about any of the other things there. He obviously never made a map, found a Pancrea, or made a fabulous seafood dinner.

But wasn't it mentioned that Gol D. Roger was the man who had 'wealth, power, and fame'? So technically he couldn't have been dirt-poor like Luffy although I must agree that he was a lot like Luffy in his personality and outlook in life.

Oh and I think it's panacea (not sure about the spelling either) not a pancrea which is a body part.

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 11:26 AM
That's a pancreas, not a pancrea. But yeah, I think it is Panacea, you're right. But, they could have just thought he was rich, because of his ship and whatnot. And power and fame make you wealthier than money, don't they? Paris Hilton or David Bowie could throw all their money out of a moving plane, and they could still get anything they want.

Anti-panda
June 10, 2007, 02:41 AM
But wasn't it mentioned that Gol D. Roger was the man who had 'wealth, power, and fame'? So technically he couldn't have been dirt-poor like Luffy although I must agree that he was a lot like Luffy in his personality and outlook in life.

Oh and I think it's panacea (not sure about the spelling either) not a pancrea which is a body part.

I'd like to remind you that up until the end of the last arc .. luffy and Co had 300 million beri in gold.. And the only reason they didn't have more is because they thought the Shandian/Skypeian people weren't trying to give them a giant pillar of gold.

IgnorantSage
June 10, 2007, 04:20 AM
^^
Sorry, my mistake... I just made the assumption that they are dirt-poor cause they usually are, though they do have outrageous amounts of treasures from time to time but they somehow manage to spend it pointlessly (sometimes usefully).

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 08:51 AM
Well, didn't Perona say that they didn't have any treasure on their ship? So that must mean they don't have much money, right? The Franky Family stole most of their money also, and they only things they have of value are their ship and Zoro's blades.

Naelyan
June 10, 2007, 03:52 PM
Well, on 300 millions, franky spent 200 for adam woods, and luffy spent the remaining for that 3 days long party they had at water 7, so they prolly don't have much left if anything.

Anyway, personnaly, I think the one piece might be something really unimportant. Seeing how luffy and roger were so alike, if luffy was asked where he left his greatest treasure, it would definitely be his straw hat, so I think that it might be something that was very important to roger but with little value for anyone else. If you think about it, to luffy, one piece's exciting cause it means a great adventure, so saying I left my treasure on that island might only mean, try and go there and have a lot of fun trying to get it, as I did to get there, and it worked, for twenty years now.

Well, that's the way I see it... also, after they find out what one piece really is, i could see them finding a note by roger "of and I left that mountain of treasure buried just there also. lol

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 07:21 AM
Maybe his treasure is one of those triangey pirate hats, like that Jack Sparrow wears. And that's like the crown to be Kaizagou-Ou, and Luffy trades it for the straw hat, that he then gives to Shanks.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 10:13 AM
Nah, straw hat luffy wouldn't be straw hat luffy without a straw hat wouldn't he... you get my point.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 11:16 AM
Well, he never really states that he actually likes it, he just states that he's holding onto it for a friend, i.e., Shanks.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah but it's really important to him, because it was the first time shanks acknowledged luffy would become a pirate, whereas he was making fun of him before... but yes, I guess it could be a hat for roger too, but then he and luffy would be too much alike... it's like if we were to learn his crew was a swordman, a money-lover navigator, a liar, a love-cook, you see what I mean... oda as always been so much original in his work, I think one piece is gonna be really surprising, something unique to roger that we wouldn't think of.

Imitorar
June 11, 2007, 12:08 PM
As to the hat, I honestly wonder if Shanks will ask for it back, or whether he'll say something like "keep it, Luffy, you've earned it." Because I think Shanks will be there when Luffy finds One Piece. I'm sure all the Yonkou will be there, and that he'll have to fight Whitebeard to get it. But as to what One Piece is, I think it's a book. A journal of all of Rogers adventures. Everybody who knew them both says that Luffy is alot like Roger (though I think Roger was very smart, since he could read Poneglyphs and stuff, so he'd be like Luffy with Robins intelligence... weird thought.) and what does Luffy value most? Adventure and dreams (friends are important because they are the people who help you achieve those things, and because they're the ones who you share your dreams and adventures with.) So I say One Piece is the Captains Log for the Oro Jackson. It's Rogers personal record of his entire adventure. I can see Luffy being interested in that, assuming he could stay still long enough, he'd probably love reading about the greatest adventure of all time (except for perhaps his own.) And as to the "wealth" thing... Roger probably told everyone he had a treasure. Everyone thought it was gold and silver and jewels, because they are short-minded people. Nobody realized that to him, true wealth was adventure. His adventure was his treasure.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 12:35 PM
I totally agree with you, and instead of a book, a captains log, I once thought it could be the log post he used to cross the grand line, that's kinda a recording of his adventure, so it's kinda important.

As for roger knowing the poneglyph, I don't know... I just can't picture him or luffy studying to learn that very complicated stuff... for all we know, he might have had a crew that could read them, and have that person write a message for him... that's what luffy would do if he wanted to leave such a message, so it's possible.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
Well, didn't Kokoro already say that he was dumb, like Luffy? So, then why does he know Ponegylphs?

And what would be the point of a book that tells you all about something you already did? Roger is better than that, I'm sure. Maybe the position of Kaizagou-Ou IS the treasure?

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 01:39 PM
I guess if he's half as dumb as luffy he wouldn't write anything, and that would support that he in fact had a crew member that could understand ponyglyph, rather then being able to read it himself... it's like luffy said, he can't navigate, or use a sword, or cook, or lie... lol... so I don't really picture roger as a one man team that could do everything all by himself on his ship.

And wouldn't it be kinda... disappointing if it was only that... I mean, sure it's possible but that'd be kinda lame, in a sense... not that being the pirate king is lame, but since it's the one who get one piece that become the next pirate king... it'd be like, it's the one who become the next pirate king that become the next pirate king...

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 02:56 PM
Well, then wouldn't it be real treasure if it would be so lame to be a Kaizagou-Ou with nothing? I mean, if Roger is like Luffy, then he'd want things to be as cool as possible.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 03:05 PM
I don't mean being the pirate king is lame, with or without a big treasure, I already said that, it's not what I meant at all, believe it... but if belonging one piece means being the pirate king, then one piece can't be only the title...

As for cool things, luffy is easily impress by many things, and anyway it's not about if it's cool or not, it's about what's really important to him, and I think the only thing more important to luffy than his straw hat would be his nakama, but I highly doubt gold roger has left his nakama on raftel, having them wait to be possessed by the next pirate king... LOL

So i'd still go with something without any value as gold and jewel, but an object deeply important to roger.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 04:00 PM
I think it was that if you FIND One Piece, you become the Kaizagou-Ou, not if you have it. And Roger couldn't have left his nakama on the island, since Shanks are Buggy were in his crew. But, maybe it's a map to the REAL treasure, since he didn't specify that it was at Raftel, just at "that place".

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 04:21 PM
...You DO get that nakama thing was kinda a joke, right... And it just depends on what IS one piece, so depending on what is it, finding it is having it... otherwise, there's no indication it would be a map, raftel's already the hardest place to get to on the whole planet, there's no reason to hide it elsewere... but that'd be funny if in fact by that place he didn't mean raftel but let's say loguetown, not at the end, but at the start...

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 04:23 PM
That would be interesting, but the map would make it a great treasure! It would mean that the crew would get a whole new adventure, and the series ends with them looking for that adventure!

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I think it'll end like that anyway, exploring other seas... and there's also plenty of island they didn't explore on the grand line, that they'd have to start from the beginning to go to, places to go to once again.

That or in a darker way, it could end with luffy's execution as the pirate king in the same way roger was execute, saying he left it all in that place, but I don't like that end very much...

Anti-panda
June 11, 2007, 06:08 PM
maybe it's rogers hat...
He left it at raftel.... and whomever gets it is the next pirate king.

JK
Anyway we don't even know for sure if One piece exsists .. or if it is even located in the grandline.. he was known as a really strong pirate people could've just assumed he had alot of treasure.. or it could be hidden anywhere in the world... people just assume that it's in the grandline or raftel because they are remote places that few people in the world have even visited.

Imitorar
June 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
Well, didn't Kokoro already say that he was dumb, like Luffy? So, then why does he know Ponegylphs?

She said that Roger was dumb? I need to check that. And I always thought that Roger was sort of like Shanks. Fun-loving and playful, but intelligent and powerful.

Anyway we don't even know for sure if One piece exsists .. or if it is even located in the grandline.. he was known as a really strong pirate people could've just assumed he had alot of treasure.. or it could be hidden anywhere in the world... people just assume that it's in the grandline or raftel because they are remote places that few people in the world have even visited.

Yes, we DO know that One Piece exists. Roger said "My treasure? If you want it, I'll let you have it... search for it! I left all of it at that place." That implies that there IS a treasure. And as to it being on Raftel, or even in the Grand Line, come on. What else could he have meant by "that place." Roger is famous for being the captain of the only crew ever to get to Raftel alive. It's obvious that he meant Raftel. If he was like Luffy, Roger would have wanted to start an age of adventure, which is what he did. He would have given people a hint so that they could go after the treasure. But he wouldn't tell them the exact place, because part of adventure is finding the unknown. But he did heavily imply that One Piece is on Raftel, and I don't think that Oda-sensei would make it so that all the pirates who've gone set their sights on One Piece have been off on a wild goose chase.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, it would piss too many people off if Oda did that, and he realizes that, being THE genius. The treasure may suck, which we all know, but if it was in a completely different place, that would kinda suck. However, if it led to a different place, them setting off for it would be a great series ender.

Imitorar
June 11, 2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, it would piss too many people off if Oda did that, and he realizes that, being THE genius. The treasure may suck, which we all know, but if it was in a completely different place, that would kinda suck. However, if it led to a different place, them setting off for it would be a great series ender.

Not a GREAT series ender. Maybe good, but not great. In my opinion, One Piece isn't the type of series where the ending shouldn't provide closure. Maybe SOME things should be left open, but not that one. The manga can't end unless Luffy really is the Pirate King. And unless the criteria has changed, that means finding the treasure.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 08:18 PM
No, like, it would end with Luffy reaching it, and it just leads to somewhere else where Roger said it was cool and had treasure. But, as Shanks tells him, the Kaizagou-Ou is who reaches Raftel, and Luffy becomes the king. However, as soon as he gains the title, he decides to take his crew out to find what Roger said, encouraging them to take on THE SEA OF ADVENTURE! And they head out for more Pirates Romance, and Oda writes Thank You at the bottom and we all cry.

Imitorar
June 11, 2007, 08:24 PM
No, like, it would end with Luffy reaching it, and it just leads to somewhere else where Roger said it was cool and had treasure. But, as Shanks tells him, the Kaizagou-Ou is who reaches Raftel, and Luffy becomes the king. However, as soon as he gains the title, he decides to take his crew out to find what Roger said, encouraging them to take on THE SEA OF ADVENTURE! And they head out for more Pirates Romance, and Oda writes Thank You at the bottom and we all cry.

That sounds pretty cool. Yeah, that might work. You know, this is all going off-topic, someone should start a "How do you think "One Piece" will end?" thread.

kadodo
June 11, 2007, 09:29 PM
I don't know if some you have already said this but in the first chapter, Gold Roger said: "My treasures, I left it all at that place, One Piece". However, what is actually One Piece? I'm thinking that it is something completely hard to get into and that the government surely does not want people to go to. Why is it that everytime that Luffy gets closer to One Piece, the marines are tougher to fight.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 09:47 PM
Well, the marines aren't tougher to fight exactly... I mean, the first they met was morgan, but he was only the captain on a little island in the weakest sea of the world... they then met smoker, but it looks like he's a captain only by choice or for insubordination perhaps, but just being a logia user makes him a lot stronger than the average captain... after that, they didn't really had to fight against the marines until enies lobby, but this had nothing to do with one piece, it was about getting robin back... now the marines acknowledge luffy as more than an average pirate, so it's only normal they'd send stronger men against him, but right now luffy isn't even close to one piece, he didn't even make it to half the grand line

As for what roger said, it's true it's always kinda been assumption as to where or what one piece is, but as others said before, it'd just be a real big disappointment if that turned out to be just some big hoax pulled out by roger and there was nothing there at the end of one piece...

Anti-panda
June 11, 2007, 09:54 PM
I think it all depends on what Roger was talking about when he said Treasure. What if Rogers treasure was adventure... Then he's basically just saying ... "My treasure .. go out and look for adventure... I left it all in that place." Some of rogers greatest adventures took place in the grandline... Also Note: Roger himself said they :followed the clues in the poneglyphs." Think of the poneglyphs as road markers.......

What really worries me is the map that Buggy found showed a huge treasure underwater... if thats one piece I'll eat my hat...
Wait I'll but a hat .. then eat it.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 10:06 PM
I also agree on that, the whole purpose of roger was most certainly to send people to have a great adventure like him, but that'd still be really disappointing if there really is nothing at all from roger, even a note or something... a log post would be symbolic if only that, it kinda represents the traval across the grand line, it's something of a record of their adventures...

Impel Down
June 12, 2007, 01:05 PM
If it recorded their adventures, that would be useless, since they would have already had those adventures. And Buggy's underwater treasure was a seperate treasure, wasn't it even the one that Captain John left?

Imitorar
June 12, 2007, 01:09 PM
But if the adventures were recorded, they'd be immortalized, there forever, for everyone to share in. I can see Luffy doing that (or at least having Robin keep a record of his adventures) and Luffy=kind-of-dumber-Roger to me. Therefore, One Piece is Rogers Captain's Log, his adventures immortalized and ready to share with posterity. That's my opinion, at least.

Impel Down
June 12, 2007, 01:14 PM
Would that be what Robin and Nami are doing, by making the maps and recording the history? And I'm sure Usopp would tell stories about it, since he already did stuff like that before.

Imitorar
June 12, 2007, 02:00 PM
Would that be what Robin and Nami are doing, by making the maps and recording the history? And I'm sure Usopp would tell stories about it, since he already did stuff like that before.

Ussop being Ussop, his stories would be even more fantastically unbelievable then the adventure itself, so it wouldn't be a particularly good source. And I'm not sure why Nami wants to make maps, I think it's just ambition. She is a great at geography (which is why she can navigate so well) and cartography, so she just wants to be the best by making a map of the whole world. It's just ambition, but that always does pay off in manga. Robin does it out of curiosity really, a love of history is in her blood, since she was surrounded by historians for her entire childhood, and she just wants to know what happened. I don't think that Robin and Nami are recording anything for the purpose of it being used as a record of their adventures, but I'm pretty sure that's how the maps and the history will be used.

Impel Down
June 12, 2007, 02:30 PM
Or in the end, Luffy sits down when he's an old man, and makes a manga out of his adventures. If that's how it actually ends, that would be hilarious. But, with Robin telling history, she'd probably focus more on the past than the current condition of the world and their adventures.

Anti-panda
June 12, 2007, 03:29 PM
Or in the end, Luffy sits down when he's an old man, and makes a manga out of his adventures. If that's how it actually ends, that would be hilarious. But, with Robin telling history, she'd probably focus more on the past than the current condition of the world and their adventures.

Considering luffys complete lack of drawing skills i don't think anyone would understand what the manga was about.

I think we wont ever get a real End to OP .. it'll just end with the strawhats dreams complete and them leaving to go on more adventures.

Akainu
June 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
Luffy drawing a manga :D just imagined a mange like the flag and the shipwright he painted - great.

Well however I think that one piece is ... friendship, adventure, all the treasures you find on the way (Roger must have found loads) and the experience you make. But perhaps one piece is just rogers favourite manga >.<

IgnorantSage
June 13, 2007, 08:00 AM
I think we wont ever get a real End to OP .. it'll just end with the strawhats dreams complete and them leaving to go on more adventures.

Just thinking about that kind of ending gets me teary-eyed... :crying

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought of, with One Piece being a map to other places that are "cool", so it ends with them going out to look for them. Or, it would be really interesting, if in the end, they set off, then it was like "20 years later", and Luffy is walking up to the Loguetown gallows.

Paz42
June 13, 2007, 10:55 AM
I personaly think that one piece will be some treasure as rodger must have had gold but i also think there will be a note amonst the treasure saying somthing along the lines of

" You managed to make it this far you must share the same passion for adventure as me you can count me as one of you nakama"

which would lead to as with all new nakama we would get a flash back showing gol and maybe an explination of "D"

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 11:58 AM
If D isn't explained before they get One Piece, that would really suck, unless the Rio Ponglyph explains it. But, I like the idea of it being cash AND the memoir of adventure and nakama.

Paz42
June 13, 2007, 12:49 PM
ye i think thats somthing that would make luffy really happy he has acomplished his dream and all of his nakama have come with him through thick and thin and they have finaly arrived here and now he can count the most legendary pirate of all time as his nakama even if it is only in spirit

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 01:26 PM
I don't understand what you mean by "could the most legendary pirate of all time as his nakama even if it is only in spirit".

Paz42
June 13, 2007, 03:32 PM
well if my theory that there was o note saying that luffy and co could count gol as a nakama who is the most famous pirate to have ever lived and as hes dead he would have to be in spirit, i can kinda see an imagine of the straw hats current and any future memebers that may join looking out into the ocean for new adventures with gol looking over them somthing like that

sorry if im not making much sense

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 04:01 PM
That's certainly an interesting idea, since Roger had nakama all over the place, basically everyone he met, just like Luffy. But, if that's true, then that makes Buggy and Shanks Luffy's nakama.

Imitorar
June 13, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well SHANKS is certainly Luffy's nakama. Buggy certainly ISN'T though. Heck, Buggy wouldn't really have considered anyone in Roger's crew his nakama, probably, he seemed scornful of all of them, so if it involves being nakama in spirit with Rogers nakama, then it probably only includes Roger's TRUE nakama, in other words, Buggy would be excluded. And Paz42, that would be an AWESOME final panel, or maybe even a double page spread, for One Piece. It'd actually be reminiscent of the last page of the last time you see the main Z Fighters (last page of the 3rd to last chapter of volume 35) of Dragonball, which is what I consider the real end of the series, but that's a different story. And Oda-sensei DID say that his biggest influence as a mangaka was Dragonball, and then Doctor Slump, I think.

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't know, I never got into DBZ. But, I guess Shanks kinda was his friend, but not really his nakama, so to speak, but I guess if he becomes his nakama, then there'd be a whole pirate alliance, with all the big crews all as nakama.

Imitorar
June 13, 2007, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't know, I never got into DBZ. But, I guess Shanks kinda was his friend, but not really his nakama, so to speak, but I guess if he becomes his nakama, then there'd be a whole pirate alliance, with all the big crews all as nakama.

Shanks gave up his arm to save Luffy. That's more then friendship. That's the bond between nakama. And in the scanlations I have for chapter 1, which are right out of Viz, Shanks says "Good reason or not, nobody hurts a friend of mine!" I am willing to bet you that in the Japanese version, they used the word "nakama" there.

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 08:37 PM
Well, in OP, they use nakama for like a crewmate, rather than a friend, don't they? And as rival pirates, technically, so far they shouldn't call each other nakama yet.

Imitorar
June 13, 2007, 08:54 PM
Well, in OP, they use nakama for like a crewmate, rather than a friend, don't they? And as rival pirates, technically, so far they shouldn't call each other nakama yet.

I'd say they use it as both. And even though they're rival pirates, they're still nakama in their hearts!! (I meant that seriously too, by the way.)

IgnorantSage
June 13, 2007, 10:18 PM

As far as I know (and I don't know that much btw), they usually do refer to crewmates as nakama. The work 'nakama' however seems to have a deeper meaning, like friendship or a very deep friendship and companion, a very strong bond.

While they may not be technically crewmates with Shanks, both of them (Shanks and Luffy) are nakamas although Shanks is no nakama to the rest of the Mugiwaras.

haruka9
June 14, 2007, 12:00 AM
well aside from pirates, adventures, goals, and dreams, one piece revolves around the essence of "nakama." it doesn't necessarily implies a "crewmate." This series gives an important and deep value for "nakama." Therefore, it can be implied to any people (crewmates or not, or the characters they meet along their journey) they consider as friends.

Impel Down
June 14, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, the two main points of OP are Moral/Absolute Justice and nakamas, but they use nakamas as your friends who you work and travel with, not like regular friends, so I don't know if that would make Shanks his nakama or not, although if One Piece says he is, then I guess that makes Shanks officially his nakama.

aimaimaim
June 15, 2007, 09:35 AM
i dont think the question "what is one piece?" is the greatest question in OP or "how to get to one piece".. i think there are 2 questions, "what does it take to become the pirate king?" and "how can that "treasure" makes you a pirate king?" are the real questions.. why?

roger said that his treasure was in OP right? so that means it is a place. the answer to the pirate king question is in OP..

on rogers treasure..
it is a treasure.. but i believe its not something about friendship or something but its about power.. a thing that gives power to anyone who can have it..

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 01:09 PM
That sounds....kinda weird. What kind of a pirate king would have to rely on some magical gold for all their power. And it makes you the pirate king because the only one who could get to where it's kept is the last Pirate King, so that would make whoever makes it there again is the new Pirate King, simple as that.

Imitorar
June 15, 2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, the two main points of OP are Moral/Absolute Justice and nakamas...

And dreams, mustn't forget dreams. By the way, was that / between Moral and Absolute for both of them, or for vs.? Because it just seems like a vs. matter to me, with Luffy's moral justice vs. the absolute justice of the Marines, even though some Marines have better justice systems (Aokiji's "Lazy Justice") or even worse ones (Lucci's "Dark Justice").

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 09:03 PM
I was referring to the difference between the two. You're right, in hindsight, I should have put Absolute Justice vs. Moral Justice. And dreams is another big one, true. And Lazy Justice is a Moral Justice, since he's just the one who uses it, and it's more moral than Absolute Justice, for sure.

neild
June 16, 2007, 01:35 AM
its been half a year since i last posted things here,so i want to do it again.first of all the reason why i started this topic at first is to see public's ideas about the end of our beloved one piece manga (in which i presume will be luffy and crew finding one piece).and from the development of the manga so far, i can see this manga exist for at least 10 years..thats right..10 awesome years.i dont know how long have they existed till now (can anyone tell me pls?)

ok so here is some alternative ideas to what one piece is/are: it is some solid thing in a treasure box, definetly not money or gold or jewelry or something that can be sold or traded for money, and one piece will be the culimination of luffy pirate crew's dream. that means one piece will solidify the end of journey for luffy's crew with all of their dreams achieved. so the thing in that box will symbolize all of those things and also a acceptance of a pirate king title.and what kind of thing can that be?i figure.....it's gold roger's necklace with round/square/whatever shape with gold roger's pirate flag's symbol craved in it.it can be made out of gold,silver,or whatever.it is like a thropy of championship that is being passed on from generations through generations.in one piece world's case, so far there has been only 1 winner,1 pirate king, and there is gold roger.who's next to come?place ur bet on luffy.

so please throw in more ideas to the hat.thank you people

aimaimaim
June 18, 2007, 07:44 AM
@Impel
what i mean is that its a thing that can do... things.. like making you stronger than any1 else.. i mean, we see characters with their abilities and powers right? so i think that the "treasure" in one piece is a athing that can give out great power to the user.. like a DF.. im not saying that rogers treasure in OP is a DF..

again.. i dont think that the real issue in OP is searching for OP. the real issue in OP manga is one becoming the pirate king..

neild
June 18, 2007, 07:20 PM
@Impel
again.. i dont think that the real issue in OP is searching for OP. the real issue in OP manga is one becoming the pirate king..

okay..so why not called the manga the pirate king instead of one piece...but i like your idea of the "treasure" in one piece is a athing that can give out great power to the user.. maybe luffy will use it to fight the final boss in the manga

Impel Down
June 18, 2007, 08:11 PM
To become Pirate King, you must find One Piece. They are trying to become the Pirate King. By the Transitive Property, they are looking for One Piece. Geez, it's basic math, aimaimaim.

aimaimaim
June 18, 2007, 10:48 PM
yeah it is.. the one who found OP=pirate king but what does OP contain? that is why im saying is that the treasure in OP has to be some kind of power.. or maybe its just another hat of roger.. oh what the hell.. anything goes!! as long as its not some note saying "did you have fun with your adventure"...

Imitorar
June 19, 2007, 11:37 AM
yeah it is.. the one who found OP=pirate king but what does OP contain? that is why im saying is that the treasure in OP has to be some kind of power.. or maybe its just another hat of roger.. oh what the hell.. anything goes!! as long as its not some note saying "did you have fun with your adventure"...

Why not? After having the adventure of a lifetime, wouldn't knowing that another great adventurer also cared feel good? NOT ALL TREASURE IS WORTH MONEY. That's another reason why Buggy can never become the Pirate King: if One Piece is something related to adventure, not money, which I'm SURE it is, then Buggy will never feel as if he's found the greatest treasure in the world, so he will always be looking for more, he won't have realized that he found One Piece already. And why would it be something that makes you stronger? If you're the Pirate King, a pirate so powerful you can guide a crew to Raftel safely, why would you need something to make you stronger? And why would Roger hold physical power in such high esteem, doesn't that seem out of character for him? And lastly, super steroids? How can that be the greatest treasure in the world?

Rosi
June 23, 2007, 08:37 AM
One Piece will not be in a box or anything like that, I belive that will be something like friendship.
To find the One Piece you will have to cross the hole world find friend crazy enought to follow you, to be the best and have fought will the best.
I belive that in the "end" the crow will find out that they have One Piece from the begining with them but they only find it out just now :P
Also Gold /D/ Roger .. Watch out the -D- we still have mo idea what this is and why people have it :P may have left a note like....

"Welcome Friend, if you are raeding this, it means that I am long dead.... MHUHAHAHAHA
this also mean that you have found the One Piece and that you have friends with you, you also know what the WG realy is..and you have fought them..MHUHAHAHA....
Now let me tell you a secret..what can you find after the Grand Line...you can find...MHUHAHAH do you really think I was going to ruin the fun... Go..Search.. for your self and don't follow my path this time insted make your own and leave a trail in a place that no one has ever been.. not even me.. MHUHHAHAHAHAH"

so you get the point ;)

Impel Down
June 23, 2007, 10:59 AM
What if the entire island is made out of gold, like in Treasure Planet. That would be pretty cool.

Rosi
June 23, 2007, 09:19 PM
It wouldnt be cool for One Piece :P how many time did they managa to take THAT MANY gold...?
Remember Skyipia.. what happened with the huge gold bell, and what the Skyipians wanted to give them.. did they manage to take it... Nope :P
So, maybe if it is an Island of Gold...they wont take it.. they will take something like a golden cup and be happy for it ;)

neild
June 24, 2007, 02:17 AM
i think one piece=the ending of the story, should satisfy everyone. i think the item that would not raised any debate or disappointment is gold/money.

Impel Down
June 24, 2007, 08:48 AM
If they just open the chest and gasp, and that's the end, I'd be pretty mad. It would be even worse if in the anime they play "Don't Stop Believin'" at that point, and cut it off immideatly.

Imitorar
June 24, 2007, 12:09 PM
i think one piece=the ending of the story, should satisfy everyone. i think the item that would not raised any debate or disappointment is gold/money.

I can assure you that it WOULD certainly cause disappointment, and possibly debate, at least on my part. I mean, money? I just don't think that Luffy would hold money in that high esteem. It's been about the adventure for him the whole time, and I believe he said so when he first asked Zoro to join his crew, back in volume 1. Also, he seemed scornful of pirates who felt that all there was to piracy, and I believe he said, or at least implied so to Buggy. Even NAMI would probably be disappointed if One Piece was just gold. It seems like such an anti-climax to the whole great adventure.

Rosi
June 24, 2007, 06:55 PM
That is what I said as well, and if the One Piece is the end of the story then, it should explane as alot of things before they find it, as to what is it after the Grand Line, cause the OP will be found before the end of the GL, if they want to show us adventures there we will have a second season in OP (yes an other 1000 episodes for the second season :P )
or simple the adventure will keep on after OP is found ;)

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 12:03 AM
i like to think that One Piece is the reason you can die without conserns in the world, u have realised everything u wanted in your life,but at what it is as in an object i dont have the slightes idea,but im sure it will shock and dissapoint me (allmoust every manga end is disapointing hahaha)

Absolutio
June 25, 2007, 03:58 AM
If they just open the chest and gasp, and that's the end, I'd be pretty mad. It would be even worse if in the anime they play "Don't Stop Believin'" at that point, and cut it off immideatly.

If Oda-sensei does that, seriously, all my respect for him will disappear right away! ><

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 10:20 AM
hahaha lets hope that dosent happend,but what do u think would be a desent ending?

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 01:50 PM
A chapter of pure Robin fanservice. That would be a great ending.

But, honestly, I can see a great ending as this:

They defeat whoever the main villain is and get One Piece, and Luffy is made the Pirate King. Then, it does a huge timeskip, and Luffy retires and hangs out on his boat with cool fish, Zoro teaches swordsmanship (eventhough I think he will have died by that point), Sanji will be the world's greatest chef, Usopp and Yasopp will hang out on Elbaf, Chopper will run a hospital, Nami will also be famous for her map, and live with Sanji, Robin will be the new leader of the world, since she took out the WG, Franky will teach others to build great ships, and Brook will hang out with Laboon, and that's just how it ends, with Luffy saying something meaningful or whatever in the very end, and Oda will write, "Thank you."

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 02:30 PM
that has a very good structure impel down (and the Robin fan servise...me likes =D) "my" ending would be very much like that but 1º one dies (cuz in OP no one ever really does ¬¬) luffy is hanging out and resting for being chased by coby (who is the new Garp or something like that in the new world goverment wich isnt evil anymore),zoro is sleeping somewere in a small boat (like Mihawk does),Sanji took over the baratie and is the 1º and only restorant to serv fish from "all blue",Nami is in some manor after making so much money for selling copys of the map from the hole world" and the original is hangin in her wall,Franky lives in water 7 helpong with the new desing of the city, Chopper has the #1 hospital in the world,Robin is in some wird island looking at some old ruins and the rest of the nakama i dont know cuz i dont know how they are yet

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 08:09 PM
The only SH I can see dying is Zoro. Because, he said he can't die until he beats Mihawk, right? So, after he beats him, he dies, so no one can take the position ever again.

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 06:45 AM
hahah thats some cruel way to do it dont you think? but you are right on that,the thing is that i cant picture a SH dead is just...not much OP style

Rosi
June 26, 2007, 06:48 AM
Blah.. that is lame :P
Zoro will just be so good that no one ever will be albe to beat him ;) it is more like OP and even if someone wanna fight him to become the best swordman Zoro will just give away his position
Saying something like "Ok you are the best and now What? It is still 100 years and 1 billions travels to early for you to become the best. Go out there and travel"

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 06:52 AM
ya thats more likeit (but ImpelDown idea is not lame,as there is no lame ideas)

Impel Down
June 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
Why would you need to "set out" to become the best? But, maybe he won't die, but I can't see him really fighting anyone either.

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 01:38 PM
if ur the best ull star a search looking for worthy oponets dont you?

Impel Down
June 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
if you're the best, then you've already beaten your worthy opponents, right? Besides, he never had like a sparring partner like Mihawk had.

lets get back on topic here

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 09:37 PM
so to all of us one piese is just happines?

Limba Limba no Mi
June 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
I think, very simply, One Piece is Gold D. Roger's treasure. No gold or money or jewels. His treasure, like Luffy's treasure is his hat. And after they go to raftel, Luffy will take Gold D. Roger's treasure and leave his one there. then Coby will catch Luffy and bring him to the fork. Just a second before getting executed, Luffy will say the same thing Roger said. Everyone will sail for the Grand Line and there will become the second age of pirates.
The difference is that Luffy's nakamas will come and save him after that =)

gao_dargon
June 27, 2007, 06:58 AM
thats a good idea,but i think he wil give it back to Shanks,since Shanks told him "return it to me when you are a grate pirate"

Limba Limba no Mi
June 27, 2007, 10:27 AM
thats a good idea,but i think he wil give it back to Shanks,since Shanks told him "return it to me when you are a grate pirate"

Maybe Shanks will die and be buried in raftel by luffy near his hat

Luckas
June 27, 2007, 10:44 AM
Please guys, stay more on topic and try not to writing only one line posts.

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 11:46 AM
So, you're saying Roger had Shanks hold onto Roger's hat, like he did with Luffy, and it was returned when he reached Raftel, and he left it there? That's an interesting idea, because of how it relates to Shanks and Luffy.

gao_dargon
June 27, 2007, 11:58 AM
but the problem with that is that roger was never seen with the hat,even before of the execution,remeber the bar scene? he did not have the hat at that moment, so OP cant be it, besides he said he left there in that place (wich moust agree is Raftel)but the hat has been allways with shanks, if the hat is OP then the current owner of the hat (that being Luffy) is the pirate king is he not?

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, because Shanks always had it! Or, maybe Luffy's hat IS Roger's hat, that Shanks was always wearing, and it's the key to One Piece! Although, that brings up why Shanks would give it to him, and I guess it's just because he's a good guy.

gao_dargon
June 27, 2007, 12:09 PM
cuz he thinks Luffy would be a better pirate than he is,thats y he gave his arm (aside from the fact that he cares so much for a nakama)and how may the hat be the key? im not saing it cant be true,i just wonder a key in the sence of the word? or how?

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 02:41 PM
I dunno, I guess something about the hat just lets you get to Raftel. I kind of threw that idea in randomly. So...I guess the hat is like One Piece, and it unlocks the gold-type treasure, even though it's the real treasure...

gao_dargon
June 29, 2007, 01:54 AM
hahaha the straw in the hat is made of gold hahaha xD sorry dumb joke,im starting to think that the treasure is know the truth of the wolrd and being so powerfull that u have good nakama and u can be free forever,maybe the key to make a new wolrd goverment?

Impel Down
June 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
Well, if Roger is like Luffy, then he shouldn't care about stuff like that.

gao_dargon
June 30, 2007, 12:53 PM
about what? freedom,cuz thats the ultimate goal for a pirate isnt it? (aside of gold that is),and well the goverment stuff,it will just hapen on its own,like everything will fall in theyre respective place

Impel Down
June 30, 2007, 01:29 PM
Well, Luffy's shown no interest (or knowledge) of the WG, the Revolution, the interworkings of the Marines, or any of that stuff. All he cares about is his crew and getting to One Piece.

ryusuke_
June 30, 2007, 07:59 PM
(and becoming the pirate king).

I still think that One Piece may be a joke Gol D Roger made to make all the people set sail to the oceans and live great pirate's adventures.
Maybe the One Piece is a simple letter that have a short message from Gol D Roger in it =/

Impel Down
June 30, 2007, 08:06 PM
I've thought of that too, but Oda's too cool to have it just be something like that. I imagine he'll make it some combination of a massive amount of treasure and something that has to do with nakama and freedom.

ryusuke_
June 30, 2007, 08:22 PM
Wow, Impel Down, that would be great: both a lot of gold and something related with the nakama's topic. But how can those two things mix?

Another question: supposing that Luffy and his crew will find the One Piece, what do you think all the crew will do after that? Will they separate? Will they buy an entire island and retire? Will they set sail to West Blue, North Blue and South Blue to make their adventure even greater?

Impel Down
June 30, 2007, 08:30 PM
Probably keep adventuring. I mean, Nami still has to make her map, Sanji has to use All Blue, Usopp and his dad will probably go to Elbaf, Robin needs to make a new government, Chopper...I dunno. Franky...again, I dunno. I guess they'll all do whatever it is Roger did.

weixiaobao
July 08, 2007, 12:56 AM
Another question: supposing that Luffy and his crew will find the One Piece, what do you think all the crew will do after that? Will they separate? Will they buy an entire island and retire? Will they set sail to West Blue, North Blue and South Blue to make their adventure even greater?

guess this ? for imp but anyway.. i can not comprehend what would happen to the crew after one piece... it feel like their journey would never end.. they would probably go beyond the world and into space like enel...
----------------------------------

as for the topic of One Piece..

probably some of the best swords are there also.. plus maybe alot of extinct dials from sky piea (since GR been there).. could also included eternal log pose for every islands in the entire world.. and also the Rio Poneglyph and variety of devil fruits... or even a devil fruits forest...

Impel Down
July 08, 2007, 08:26 AM
I can't see that happening. The great swords are just spread out all over the world, he wouldn't just take Dials from his friends, and the DFs are created in the Sea from the Sea Devil.

haruka9
July 10, 2007, 06:44 PM
well, after finding One Piece, (if Oda would still put the lives of the Starwhats after finding it in his masterpiece), maybe our lovable pirates must be going back to all the islands they went like Skypiea, Water 7, etc. Besides, Luffy also promised that they would go back and meet Laboon again so the series would be incomplete without featuring Luffy and the Strawhats' meeting with Laboon

Impel Down
July 10, 2007, 08:46 PM
Well, I guess it would help if we knew what Roger did...besides battle other pirates, because in the end, Luffy will have player owned all of them to get to OP anyway.

weixiaobao
July 11, 2007, 09:03 PM
maybe the treasure is GR's pictures of his naked girl friend and her bras and undies :rofl

the DFs are created in the Sea from the Sea Devil.
where is the sea devil?? oro

ryusuke_
July 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
Will Luffy fight against Sea Devil someday?

(yeah, imagine all the current villains already defeated and the world coming to destroy itself for Sea Devil's fault... and Luffy finally kick his ass)

[/dreaming off]

Impel Down
July 12, 2007, 04:45 PM
maybe the treasure is GR's pictures of his naked girl friend and her bras and undies :rofl

Oh, so that's why Brook wants go to there...

And I dunno where the "Sea Devil" is, or if that was even to correct reason. I believe I just heard that somewhere.

evozoku
January 28, 2008, 07:49 PM
I'm sure everyone's thought about what Roger's "One Piece" is. I was thinking recently that it's probably something most would find worthless, just as Luffy's treasure is his hat. But what sort of treasure like that would be left at Raftel to be found? Then I thought well maybe Roger's nakama are his treasure, and that's where many of them reside now. I based those two ideas on how Luffy and Roger are so often compared, and if there positions were switched, what would be so valuable to Luffy at Raftel. However, I think I came up with the best possibility of what "One Piece" is. What would be so valuable to someone like Roger and Luffy? Why is it at Raftel, at the end of the Grand Line? Why does Roger want others to try to find it?

One Piece is not a physical object.

ONE PIECE IS THE ADVENTURE!

The adventure of being a pirate, of living free and sailing the world with your nakama, and fulfilling your dreams and desires along the way. This is what Roger experienced, and Raftel can be thought of as the last stop on the journey. Roger's last words were meant to have people experience the same. And this is why I think Luffy will achieve One Piece first. He's probably the only one that can really comprehend and appreciate it.

Absolutio
January 28, 2008, 09:47 PM
There is already an existing thread called "What Exactly IS One Piece".. But I'm too lazy to find and post it here. Good think I'm not a mod.
And although the adventure is part of the magic. I don't think that this is the treasure. Maybe there is no One Piece, but there's something in Raftel alright.

Yes, there was an existing thread, and the two have now been merged. Obviously, considering the thread in which you're reading this. In the future, people, please, before making new threads, use the Search function (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/search.php), or check the Tree of Knowledge Index (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10510) to see if there's already an existing thread that discusses the topic you want to make a new thread about.

evozoku
January 28, 2008, 11:31 PM
I knew a thread already existed, but that it hasn't been used in quite some time (July it seems), and also figured this is as much of a personal rant about one idea instead of asking for ideas. Sorry.

The fact the thread is old isn't reason enough to open another one about the same topic.

kazuma_uzumaki
January 31, 2008, 01:14 AM
Well it probably wont happen but...

Somehow Gold Roger didn't die and he appears before the crew when they find it. I could tottaly imagine that....

I'm thinking instead of the whole crew finding it, only Luffy as the captain would find it.

It doesnt seem as though it would be gold or treasure. Something spiritual

maybe a devil fruit with every single power a devil fruit has :D

Listic
January 31, 2008, 10:17 AM
I'm sure everyone's thought about what Roger's "One Piece" is. I was thinking recently that it's probably something most would find worthless, just as Luffy's treasure is his hat. But what sort of treasure like that would be left at Raftel to be found? Then I thought well maybe Roger's nakama are his treasure, and that's where many of them reside now. I based those two ideas on how Luffy and Roger are so often compared, and if there positions were switched, what would be so valuable to Luffy at Raftel. However, I think I came up with the best possibility of what "One Piece" is. What would be so valuable to someone like Roger and Luffy? Why is it at Raftel, at the end of the Grand Line? Why does Roger want others to try to find it?

One Piece is not a physical object.

ONE PIECE IS THE ADVENTURE!

The adventure of being a pirate, of living free and sailing the world with your nakama, and fulfilling your dreams and desires along the way. This is what Roger experienced, and Raftel can be thought of as the last stop on the journey. Roger's last words were meant to have people experience the same. And this is why I think Luffy will achieve One Piece first. He's probably the only one that can really comprehend and appreciate it.

One Piece being an adventure, and not a physical thing is... my exact thoughts. It seems to me that Gold Roger just wants more people, people like Luffy, to experience the great adventure of being a pirate. The whole experience is enough to people like Gold Roger and Luffy.

PirateKing128
October 20, 2008, 01:16 AM
I believe this is how all of One Piece will end:

One Piece is the knowledge that the world is round. There is no actual north blue, south blue, west blue, or east blue. The world is round so all the oceans meet; All-Blue (this completes Luffy's and Sanji's dreams btw).

At no point in the manga or anime does it ever show or mention that the world is round. All the maps that are shown are flat.

One Piece itself is a word that can bring up worthy speculation for this. One Piece. The entire world is really just one single piece. No oceans are truly separated and all pirates roam freely in one world.

Does anyone have any evidence to support or this? Being proven otherwise would be nice too!

gfire2
October 20, 2008, 01:46 AM
I believe this is how all of One Piece will end:

One Piece is the knowledge that the world is round. There is no actual north blue, south blue, west blue, or east blue. The world is round so all the oceans meet; All-Blue (this completes Luffy's and Sanji's dreams btw).

At no point in the manga or anime does it ever show or mention that the world is round. All the maps that are shown are flat.

One Piece itself is a word that can bring up worthy speculation for this. One Piece. The entire world is really just one single piece. No oceans are truly separated and all pirates roam freely in one world.

Does anyone have any evidence to support or this? Being proven otherwise would be nice too!

lol are u serious?? we have flat maps on earth here too u noe. i believe wen they are approachin red line im sure that alreadi suggests the world is round.

i believe at the end of one piece is nothing. just one last prank the great king played on the world

Post's moved

RobinotX
October 20, 2008, 02:39 AM
Pic (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/490/09/)

Well here you see a round world :)

Post's moved.

hossice
October 20, 2008, 09:07 PM
one piece. is.....a final place where the crew that reaches the spot gets to relax and live there. w/ endless services. anything needed they get. (this would complete everyones dreams in one piece/shot =P )

bittman
October 20, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hahahahahahahaha, etc.

Though already proven wrong, I'll say this: the One Piece will not just be knowledge. If it's knowledge, do you think Luffy will come out and say "OH GUYS THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!!" ? The ultimate One Piece dream is that the treasure includes something for everybody. I doubt Oda will actually lead us on about what is there and I do expect everything of worth to be in that lovely pile.

I also know many historical stories of great treasures being those which are added to over time. If you've seen National Treasure, that's the premise I'm getting at. I believe the One Piece is exactly that, and that it was not just what Roger collected, but what was collected over the ages.

Makes it more romantic that way rather than thinking of one guy with a massive ship full of gold, women, meat and large stone tablets.

BlackHair
October 21, 2008, 12:38 AM
One Piece: knowledge (lost kingdom, location of the antiquity weapons), Gold (berry), Logbook of Roger, Rio Poneglyph and maybe the Oru Jackson ;)

I expect, One Piece consists various things.

Gentleman Skeleton
October 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
IMO, One Piece is one of three things:

1) One of the two super-weapons of the world Pluton or Posseidon.

2) The intimate knowledge of the world. Perhaps that the world of One Piece was once our world and through some major catastrophe became the world seen in the manga.

3) A hat or singular article that held sentimental value to Gol D. Roger and his crew. It could be something that if anyone were to see, they'd know it once belonged to Roger. If this option isn't it, it'll probably be what Luffy makes into One Piece once he finds the original (i/e his straw hat.)

bittman
October 21, 2008, 06:51 PM
Well if every strawhat was to get their wish:

* Luffy - I agree with the "sentimental value to Roger"
* Zoro - The greatest sword (whatever is ranked #1 of the top 21)
* Sanji - All Blue
* Nami - World Map + Berri
* Usopp - Something that may prove his heroism? To me, any object from the One Piece would be enough for this.
* Chopper - Some sort of cure-all or ancient medical books
* Robin - True History
* Franky - Oro Jackson
* Brooke - Nothing, simply that he is half a step away from Laboon. Maybe a log post to grand capes so he can always get there or the ability to move Laboon away from it's "jail" at the grand capes.

And I don't want the superweapons to be there. They'd serve no purpose there unless Luffy finds the One Piece along with someone else...I wonder what a superweapon in Blackbeard's hand would look like...

weixiaobao
October 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
bittman- could the all blue be fit in a treasure box... rofl

bittman
October 21, 2008, 10:15 PM
Sure it could, got to have some more imaginative or lateral thinking.

All Blue: An ocean where every type of fish exists.

To this end it could be:
1) Raftel has all fish from all blues collected in it's surrounding sea (or any body of water on the island)
2) The One Piece includes an item that draws in fish from other seas (super bait?)
3) A giant whale that delivers fish it catches right to your doorstep for the low low price of $1.94/kg.

Your treasure box view is very limited.

weixiaobao
October 21, 2008, 10:23 PM
yeah my view was limited, i am thinking about there is no treasure.. the adventure itself is a treasure..
but your thought are quite creative and better nonetheless

Antares
October 22, 2008, 06:58 AM
My insane wish:

I wish One Piece is something alive, like an origin of all Devil Fruit, which has mind and will of its own. And it's taken a liking on Shanks because it reads the past about Shanks saving Luffy at the sea without care about his own body. So, it enters Shanks' body through the stump which had been Shanks' arm, creating a new arm and a second soul inside of Shanks. It also gives Shanks new kind of ungodly power which surpasses all comprehension. And finally the new Shanks told Luffy to return his hat, and battle him (One Piece's personification) for the title of Pirate King because Shanks also desires the title, and the battle will be filled with ambiguity between adoration and rivalry, between excitement and passion to be number one, between one's own dreams and true friendship, "This is my final gift to you. Luffy." or something like that.

I believe that will never happen, though.

carlj
July 24, 2009, 08:18 AM
Could it be that Roger's treasure is Ace? No treasure, just a son/bloodline?

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/18-19/

That is the page that made me wonder this. Though Roger was a pirate, the one thing he was most proud of was his child. He knew Garp would protect that child and make sure it grew up in safety.

When he said, "It's yours if you can find it," maybe it was a challenge to the marines as well. He trusted that Garp would hide the child well, but if they were able to find the child, they were able to do as they saw fit.

sindergi
July 24, 2009, 08:43 AM
Could be but I dont think so - it much too soon for the manga to reveal what One Piece is.
And here is a different translation :
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v55/c551/17.html

I think that One Piece isnt a gold-treasure but maybe has something to do with the Poneglyphs.

Black Lagoon
July 24, 2009, 08:59 AM
Could be but I dont think so - it much too soon for the manga to reveal what One Piece is.
And here is a different translation :
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v55/c551/17.html

I think that One Piece isnt a gold-treasure but maybe has something to do with the Poneglyphs.

Agree, I think it have someting to do with the Poneglyphs, and when they find One piece all the story about the Poneglyphs will be known and otherwise...

Akainu
July 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
Just a little reminder here: mentioning the latest chapter has to wait until monday, Thus a few posts were hidden (in other threads too).

Poneglyph420
July 26, 2009, 05:28 PM
A lot of good ideas here. In the end there has to be something for everyone.
At first I thought it would be "one piece" of the Rio Poneglyph that makes everything clear. But more and more I think it's going to be evidence the D. lineage was one the royal family, and overthrown by the WG.

Just an Idea..???

OdaForPresident
July 26, 2009, 05:33 PM
My guess: One piece is precisely that, one piece of gold.
Nami will be very dissapointed and Luffy will just smile. The journey is the most important, nakama are what's important.....etc. etc. etc.

BlindMunkey
July 28, 2009, 01:32 AM
ONE PIECE. its something that has something for everyone. for luffy its just getting there and adventure. ofc there will be enuff treasures. void century. its all obvious.

what could be the not so obvious part?
what if it leads to another dimension where there might be the survivors from the void century time. haha too much

modoki
July 28, 2009, 12:57 PM
Im just going to say this and shut up.

I think the One Piece, if Gol D. Roger's ship, maps, jacket, personal treasure all left together in one piece.

Something of no value, but a long term, life-risking adventure for all pirates.

kkck
July 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
OP is nothing... not that it matters... it will be something priceless such as having lived an awesome adventure lol.

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 04:47 PM
One Piece should not be totally a physical thing. I bet it is a bit metaphorical : I think that it will be something the SHs will realize after the end of their travel. But it can be understood thanks to an object : for example, a thing that is symbolic and makes us understand what is the true One Piece.
What they must realize is they had an unique pirate adventure on the Grand Line and managed to conquer their freedom and their dreams (without losing a crew member for example).
I mean that they all fulfil their dream in one way, in one group, the SH crew. It was all of them or none of them, like when they decided to go to the Sky Islands with the Gulf Stream. They were all together and they had two possibilies : manage or fail : it was heads or tails. They were all, as nakamas, a single group, a single piece and they are the ones that won against the Grand Line and their aims. They were the One Piece among all the groups of pirates.
I bet on something like that.

Kimi-X
August 10, 2009, 08:25 PM
it could be a puzzle piece of a thousand jigsaw puzzle. some thing i read on a comic strip.......................

tothx
August 11, 2009, 12:31 AM
Definitely think it would be something of little value to anyone but a person like Luffy. Like the hat! =) HIS treasure!

Kimi-X
August 12, 2009, 10:29 PM
Luffy's hat is the symbol of his promise to Shanks to become the pirate king and to return it to him as a great pirate! and it would something else like a letter or object like.....a snow globe or music box or something! if was hats i would fall of my chair and break my computer...well not really...but you get my point now!? >.<

Poneglyph420
August 15, 2009, 06:54 PM
Been re-reading and seen that Crocus perhaps uses "Rough Tale" as Raftel's name. Then reading the raws again perhaps it's a mis translation...
If that name holds some bearing perhaps Roger "created" the myth of Raftel.
The One Piece could then be then a ruse by Roger to incite a pirate age.
Then maybe Raftel is just a place where he left his stuff, and one can find what it REALLY means to be Pirate King is to be free.

Lord Rayleigh
August 15, 2009, 07:58 PM
Some people said that One Piece was not (only) a metaphorical thing but a(lso) solid thing. Can someone tell me where did they read that ?

Freakzin
August 15, 2009, 11:55 PM
Oda in a SBS said that One Piece isn't just the adventure , that the fans shouldn't worry, but I never heard it was a solid thing

Imitorar
August 16, 2009, 12:53 AM
Been re-reading and seen that Crocus perhaps uses "Rough Tale" as Raftel's name. Then reading the raws again perhaps it's a mis translation...
If that name holds some bearing perhaps Roger "created" the myth of Raftel.
The One Piece could then be then a ruse by Roger to incite a pirate age.
Then maybe Raftel is just a place where he left his stuff, and one can find what it REALLY means to be Pirate King is to be free.
Rough Tale is a valid Romanization of Rafuteru. It's just that NOBODY except for Mangascreeners in that one panel has ever used that, and Raftel is the Romanization commonly accepted within the fandom. I know that Viz uses Raftel, and I think that FUNimation pronounces it that way, as opposed to like Rough Tale. Null also uses Raftel now, although they used Lavteru in Skypiea. But Null's translations were a lot iffy-er then.

Oda in a SBS said that One Piece isn't just the adventure , that the fans shouldn't worry, but I never heard it was a solid thing
Could you provide a link, please? Or at least mention which SBS this was? Because I vaguely remember hearing it, but I can't remember exactly where. I think it was in one of the more recent SBS's, probably volume 53 or 54, but I'm not sure.

jamjamstyle
August 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
I've been wondering this for a while but wouldn't the whole pirate world hunt your ass if you found One Piece? Especially those who faced luffy earlier knowing his potential and the Marine. Nevertheless getting the title of Pirate king but even Roger had to face strong enemies who wanted to steal his title. Getting hunted isn't what ya rather can call obtaining freedom on the sea?

From what i've seen of the Yonkou, getting hunted by one of them is really getting your ass burned. I dislike the idea of Luffy getting rid of a entire fleet with only 9 crewmembers.

So i don't understand the concept of achieving freedom by obtaining One Piece en becoming Pirate king.

Zeltrax
August 22, 2009, 11:23 PM
hunt?
Hunt and get their asses kick by the pirate king :D
obviously you can get one piece if you're the strongest pirate.

hamad138
August 25, 2009, 05:46 PM
One piece isnt the Adventure.

I know what One piece is

One piece are the mystic weapon , 800 Years ago ,which was created to Destroy the WG

The WG announce you as Pirate King because you got this Weapons and you are the dangeroust Person for the WG!

---------------------

The will of D

Are the descendants who fought with the WG :)

watanazn
August 26, 2009, 08:34 PM
here's my hit on One Piece: it's a country.
Pirate King left his treasure in "that place," as stated in page 1 chapt 1.
Ohara researched that the alliance of countries(WG as we know now) had a great enemy, and as that enemy was losing, they inscribed their histories and weapons onto the polyp. Nothing remains of that prosperous country after that war, but little information on books that the scholars of Ohara understood, and finalize their hypothesis. As Clover pointed out, as soon as the alliance of countries seemingly died, World Government came into power; and as Clover was going to state the "blank" country's name, he was killed for a reason "...he knew too much." The Pirate King completed the Grand Line(then we can assume they've found traces of that "blank" country), and his first mate informed us that they found out the true history of the Void Period, and Gol D. Roger left his "will" to the new age of piracy(for those who understands) to do something about it since he was unable to due to the "incurable disease." And also for the reason why Dragon wanted to overthrow the seemingly good WG is because he (prolly) rode with Roger and understood the true nature of WG and have knowledge of the Void Period; but since his capt was dying, he took it up to himself to do something.
Now(to me) if One Piece is that "blank" country, then the treasure of the Pirate King left is his gathered treasure, and the knowledge of the "blank" country, and the Power that knowledge contains("knowledge is power"). For those who has the WILL TO D.REAM

there are, however, lots of unanswered question, but this is only my hypothesis.

Dr.Robotnick
August 29, 2009, 07:41 AM
Luffy-san:By the great and strong King Of Pirates!!!!!
Zoro-kun:the best sworldmaster in the world!
Nami-swan:Have a lot of Belis$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chopper:By the best doctor of the world!!!!
Sanji-san:By the best chef of the world,have sex with nami-Swan Xd
Robin-san:Know the secrets of history in the world!!
Franky-san:By the best shipwright!!!
Ussop-san:Be a true brave Pirate!!!
Broock:Have the best second life of the world(ps the UNIC second life...)
Sunny and merry:Sail with the strawhats forever all my life of adventures and new nakamas
MY:GO WITH THE TRIPULATION FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spaceman-Spiff
September 09, 2009, 03:32 PM
Luffy doesn't care about what One Piece is, or even if it exists at all. He only wants the adventure, the journey to find the One Piece.

And, we don't know yet if One Piece is a material object or something else.

Lord Rayleigh
September 11, 2009, 05:30 PM
And, we don't know yet if One Piece is a material object or something else.

I think it was said in a SBS that One Piece was an object. Maybe someone could confirm that ?

Kimi-X
September 17, 2009, 10:04 PM
its both a object and a feeling dunno what the object is but it deffintaly has to do with the blank era and feeling of happiness ^.^

Kaizokuou
December 10, 2009, 08:03 AM
I've always found the kanji for One Piece interesting. It's "ひとつなぎの大秘宝", Hitotsunagi no Daihihō. Daihihō simply means Great Hidden Treasure, but it's the Hitotsunagi that's interesting. I've been told by a Japanese person that it means, like, a ring, or a necklace, "hito" being "one" and "tsunagi" being "connection", so like, one connection. So maybe it's something that's supposed to connect all living things together or connect the history of the world together into an understandable circle. But since "hitotsunagi" is written in hiragana, "hito" could also mean "people", so it could also mean (in that wonderful way that Japanese can be so ambiguous) the Great Hidden Treasure that Connects People Together... kana?

I believe there was also an interview once done by Oda-sensei where he said one of his goals in making One Piece was to make a manga with the greatest ending ever, so I somehow doubt that One Piece is simply some trick by Roger or "friendship" or "adventure". But I don't remember where I read that so I'm sorry if that's not even true.

Personally, I believe One Piece is some piece of information or some tool. I've always thot it was way too convenient that there JUST happens to be the Calm Belt and the Grand Line and the Red Line, etc., just to make this long race to Raftel, so I'm wondering if maybe the World Government made the world this way to keep people away. Or when they destroyed whatever the lost country was, the world was turned into this shape, waiting for someone to reclaim One Piece and join the world back together into a whole ocean and planet. But if that's the case, I don't know why Roger didn't do it, but I still like the sound of it.

Mr.Popo
January 29, 2010, 12:55 PM
I think One Piece is an ideal of the world, together with all the information to achive it.
One Piece - One World - One Goverment.

No revolutionary needed anymore no old world/new world. And peace.
And Vivi will be the king of the whole world (as a member of the PKs crew).

Black Lagoon
January 29, 2010, 03:30 PM
what if One piece is nothing but a bad joke, Roger said it only to screw the WG :XD

superman97
January 29, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm willing to bet the Devil Fruits were invented during the blank century and these ancient weapons we have heard about may use whatever 'power' gave birth to the Devil Fruits. Maybe 'One Piece' is the origin of that 'power'?

Lord Rayleigh
January 29, 2010, 05:05 PM
what if One piece is nothing but a bad joke, Roger said it only to screw the WG :XD
It's not possible. Oda confirmed in a SBS that One Piece was a material treasure.

Black Lagoon
January 29, 2010, 05:10 PM
^ I was just kidding, although I didn't know it thanks :amuse

Zeltrax
January 29, 2010, 06:32 PM
TIME MACHINE! Like those we have in DBZ ....
woooooooo
, nah just kidding.
One piece is probably something that will change the world
forever once found.
...im just saying the obvious ain't I?

Black Lagoon
January 29, 2010, 06:52 PM
To be honest yes xD I think this was probably said but something that could change the world would definitely have the Poneglyphs involved as well. :tem

KaoruArimi
February 11, 2010, 01:22 AM
the one piece universe seems to know what it is since roger said at his execution if they want it they will have to go get it and he left it at that place which sparked the pirate era , loads of ppl setting off to look for it

so for ppl who think it doesn't exist or that one piece is the journey itself that is wrong

it exists, it's something alot of the pirate are persuing, those logposts apparently take a long time to set on that island with one piece, from what i've read in the forums 10 yrs or whatever??? and that WB was the closest one to reaching that island as he's been waiting the longest.

IMO lots of greedy ppl wanting Roger's treasure... monetary/gold/gems etc. so it will have that, and weapons... destructive world ending ones like pluto that Water 7 was trying to protect and what crocodile was looking for ... and the true poneglyph that reveals the truth about the blank century and the world government.. will of D .. etc. so one piece is a combination of wealth, destruction/power, truth. You need to posess these things to become Pirate King which is why WB who is the most powerful pirate alive has yet to become King because he has not found one piece. Roger found it but died before he was able to do anything so he put all his hope in the new era of pirates.

Since Luffy wants it , Roger sparked an era by dangling it, the manga title is ONE PIECE .. I don't understand why some ppl don't find it important or don't care or think it's some flimsy thing

Gcat88
February 11, 2010, 11:19 AM
I dont think its money or gems or a weapon. I believe its either the history of the world, or something that was dear to Roger.

Oblivion
February 13, 2010, 08:40 AM
A note saying: Roger was here.

Black Mirror
February 13, 2010, 11:08 AM
freedom, truth, "all blue", money and the title of the strongest crew. all in one piece on one island.

Immo
February 13, 2010, 11:47 AM
i think One Piece is big stone tablet with "if you came that far, you already know what was my and is your biggest treasue - nakama" in poneglyph language

abc1233
February 13, 2010, 01:04 PM
Random theory: the One Piece is actually Ace, since he was someone dear to roger and the treasure which he left behind after his death.

Poneglyph420
February 13, 2010, 01:53 PM
the one piece universe seems to know what it is since roger said at his execution if they want it they will have to go get it and he left it at that place which sparked the pirate era , loads of ppl setting off to look for it

so for ppl who think it doesn't exist or that one piece is the journey itself that is wrong

it exists, it's something alot of the pirate are persuing, those logposts apparently take a long time to set on that island with one piece, from what i've read in the forums 10 yrs or whatever??? and that WB was the closest one to reaching that island as he's been waiting the longest.

IMO lots of greedy ppl wanting Roger's treasure... monetary/gold/gems etc. so it will have that, and weapons... destructive world ending ones like pluto that Water 7 was trying to protect and what crocodile was looking for ... and the true poneglyph that reveals the truth about the blank century and the world government.. will of D .. etc. so one piece is a combination of wealth, destruction/power, truth. You need to posess these things to become Pirate King which is why WB who is the most powerful pirate alive has yet to become King because he has not found one piece. Roger found it but died before he was able to do anything so he put all his hope in the new era of pirates.

Since Luffy wants it , Roger sparked an era by dangling it, the manga title is ONE PIECE .. I don't understand why some ppl don't find it important or don't care or think it's some flimsy thing

I'm not sure that all these pirates who set out looking for One Piece, have any clue what they are looking for. The reason in my mind why all these men set out to sea was based on Roger's reputation and the hope of greatness.
With a few simple non-descript words Roger was able to send the world into frenzy. If you ask me Oda has done an amazing job as to keeping what One Piece really is a mystery. From the things we have learned about Roger (From Ray-San and Shanks) Apparently he acted much like Luffy at least as far as bravado. So I really doubt vast amounts of treasure, deadly world stopping ships, are really his deal..

Foxdie
February 13, 2010, 02:55 PM
Maybe
One Piece = One Peace

sarutobi_sensei
February 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
freedom, truth, "all blue", money and the title of the strongest crew. all in one piece on one island.

Exactly, our dreams coming true. All of that. The Joy, the sorrow, the pain, the fights, the stress, everything that one suffered to go trough the grandline is one piece. I like to think that way.

i think One Piece is big stone tablet with "if you came that far, you already know what was my and is your biggest treasue - nakama" in poneglyph language

I can think of that. And only a couple of persons on this manga know the true meaning of that.

Maybe
One Piece = One Peace
Nah I doubt it.

The Closet Pervert
February 17, 2010, 06:55 PM
One Piece is the feeling when you have reached the end of the Grand Line, conquered the new world, when you stand on top of the pirate world and look back and think..

..what a wonderful journey we had.

Gcat88
February 18, 2010, 07:05 AM
great concept. we can all agree it is not money, the question becomes what kind of treasure is it??? knowledge is considered one of the most powerful things in One Piece, but so is personal items. I think its an item Roger held dear, along with other things. its like aladin, theres treasure everywhere but the most important one is something that Roger cared for.

bittman
February 18, 2010, 04:49 PM
Volume 1, Chapter 1, Page 1:

"Once upon a time, there was a great pirate. His name was 'Gold Roger'.
He had conquered every single treasure that existed. His last words before his execution have inspired pirates around the world.

'Want my Ultimate Treasures? Its possible...I will give them to those who can find them. I have gathered everything in this world and already hidden them in 'that' place.'

The world, has entered the pirate era."

And you guys are still discussing what's in it? Maybe I just remembered the first page of One Piece ever, but this isn't "treasure" or 'treasure', it's THE ULTIMATE TREASURE. "conquered every single treasure" + "I have gathered everything in this world" = everything you can possibly imagine as treasure.

All blue, rare swords, money, poneglyphs, ship blueprints, rare meat, rare medicines, dragonballs, etc.

I'd be disappointed if it's any less magical than this.

Fox666
February 18, 2010, 05:38 PM
Who knows? Talking about it like that, it should be something really awesome. Like a dragon that you make any wish, a book which people who name is writen on it will die, or maybe viagra like those emails keep talking about.

Lunatic Scream
February 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
With a few simple non-descript words Roger was able to send the world into frenzy. If you ask me Oda has done an amazing job as to keeping what One Piece really is a mystery. From the things we have learned about Roger (From Ray-San and Shanks) Apparently he acted much like Luffy at least as far as bravado. So I really doubt vast amounts of treasure, deadly world stopping ships, are really his deal..

Roger... was like Luffy... so then One Piece is...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!

msg
February 19, 2010, 12:54 AM
onepieceswimsuitonepieceswimsuitonepieceswimsuitonepieceswimsuit

anyways, one piece probably was meant to be seen as something as a figure of speech like - "luffy sure is glad that he's still in one piece after becoming PK"
perhaps an ultimate df...

Gcat88
February 24, 2010, 12:42 PM
i honestly think it has nothing to do with gold or jewels, but either a personal item, the history of the world, or a super knowledge.

THM Nindo
February 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
I think we agree that at the end of One Piece, everyone from the crew will have obtain their dream.

Let's have a look at their dreams and the mean to obtain it :

- Lufy : Becoming Pirate King : Just get to Raftel and find One Piece (is that sufficient to be the PK?)
- Zoro : Becoming Strongest Swordman : Beat Mihawk
- Nami : Drawing a map of the world : Adventure the Grand Line
- Usopp : Becoming a brave warrior : Adventure the Grand Line
- Sanji : Find All-Blue : ... well, find All-Blue :p
- Chopper : Find a cure-all treatment, the Panacea : ??? (see note below)
- Robin : Discover the history of the Void : Find the Rio Poneglyph
- Franky : Sail in the Thousand Sunny : Adventure in the Grand Line
- Brooke : Get back to Laboon from the other side : Adventure the Grand Line

Note : I'm not sure it's really Chopper's goal, but he talked about it, and I think it would be a great dream for him to accomplish, so I put it there anyway :tem

As you can see, many of those dreams can be done only by adventuring the Grand line, and some are unrelated to the conquest of the One Piece (ex : Zoro beating Mihawk).

Considering that finding One Piece will most likely be one of the last thing that will happen in the manga, I think that finding it should solve most of the dreams of the crew.

For example :
-Maybe the Rio Poneglyph is on Raftel.
-Maybe the All-Blue is around Raftel.
-Maybe the Panecea can be found on Raftel.

But, most likely, story-wise, I think that One Piece is knowledge of what happened in the century of void, and the truth about the Will of the D..

Gcat88
February 25, 2010, 09:37 AM
As much as that makes perfect sense, the most sought after treasures all being in one spot, I dont think that Roger was the one that put all of them there. The cure all can't be there or else Roger wouldnt have gotten Sick!!!

DARK
February 25, 2010, 10:46 PM
To me, "One Piece" is the feeling one gets when he or she manages to achieve their life's goals/dreams without having to die. It's an exhiliaration as if you're on the top of the world. Despite all of the challenges in front of you, regardless of the pain and sorrow along the way, one never gives up on their dreams.

As for the actual "One Piece" itself, if we knew what it was, then there's no point in reading right?

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 26, 2010, 05:35 AM
seeing how roger is similar to luffy both they have a fun loving personality i would like to believe that one piece is something that brings joy it would fit oda's style not making it something mysterious and dark so im gonna stick to it being nothing but treasure .

- Nami : Drawing a map of the world : Adventure the Grand Line

not only the GL but the four seas as well .

Aphalite
March 04, 2010, 02:08 PM
"Whenever someone finds that treasure... it's going to come, a grand battle that engulfs the entire world"

It has to be knowledge, the blank century/poneglyphs have something to do with it

Warlord90
March 05, 2010, 12:58 PM
The treasure One Piece doesn't have to do with emotions. Roger wanted to guide Whitebeard into finding One Piece, which means that it's something very important, not just joy and the fun of the adventure (which is of course what this series is all about). I agree with the idea that One Piece is the Lost History and by revealing it their will be a war. But if this treasure all of us can't imagine is found, then their will be no more mystery and a war will not be required. This means that our mystery doesn't end in Raftel. Luffy will find information there and will fight in Marijoa alongside his father and every D. (except Teach). But we also know that the Rio Ponegliff is revealed in Raftel, so actually we can't predict anything.

LeKuaSimi
March 06, 2010, 12:07 PM
Roger's flag? With his signature on it, of course.

Uriel
March 06, 2010, 03:50 PM
all the poneglyphs gathered in ONE PIECE
That's interesting, I never thought of it in this way. Silly me.

But I agree with bittman. I expect something extraordinary and magical.

Lord Rayleigh
March 06, 2010, 04:31 PM
You remember WB last words about an huge thing coming with One Piece, about Roger waiting for someone to do something. Well, after that I made a theory about One Piece and why Roger created it.
I posted it in the wrong place, so let's see it here as I know some people don't read the Mega Convo thread (and they don't know what they miss) :

At the end of his life, the Pirate King Gol D Roger wanted to challenge the world because of what he learnt about the true story and D people. He had the strenght and the will to do it but he did not have the time because of his sickness. That's why he decided to disband his crew : he needed to do something before his death to be sure that someday some people would achieve what he could not achieve.
Roger gathered treasures to create One Piece, the ultimate treasure that would help a pirate crew to do what he cannot do. He hid One Piece in Raftel, the island he discovered with his crew, which is the most difficult place to go, because he needed to be sure that a pirate crew with enough strenght and will would find it, that only a pirate crew able to carry this burden would find One Piece.
After Roger hid it, he went to live for a few months with Portgas D Rouge to enjoy life a last time. When Roger knew he was about to die because of sickness, he gave himself to the marine because he had to make a speech that could be heard by the whole world : he needed to be sure people will know about One Piece and look after it.

The SHs with the help of One Piece will fulfil Gol D Roger's dream, the dream he could not fulfil during his own life.

Uriel
March 06, 2010, 04:45 PM
I was just posting that in other thread, Rayleagh. I think it's how you say, Roger was a smart man after all.

He make sure that his wife will be protected by Garp and everyone know about One pice. The truth hidden behind the idea of LOTS of gold, which will make someone to fight over the seas. He assured competition for the one destined to reach there. In that way, He makes also sure that He will be strong enough to fight for the truth and make enough allies to start a revolution.

Man, Roger sure was clever.

Lord Rayleigh
March 06, 2010, 04:54 PM
Yes, I've seen your post in the topic about One Piece and Void century :D
That's after that I decided to quote myself in this topic.

THM Nindo
March 06, 2010, 05:01 PM
The thing that has me questioning myself though is : Can a Non-D. find One Piece?
They probably can, since Roger wanted to tell the way to Raftel to Whitebeard...

But, then, why did Whitbeard said that a D. would find it and that when they found One Piece it will bring up a great war, etc, etc.

Could it be that One Piece can only be understand by a D. !?
I think it will have to do with "hearing the voice".

Roger was said to be hearing the voices, and I think it's a trait only unique to the Ds.
Maybe, the only way to find Raftel is to... follow the voices, or something like that...

Akainu
March 06, 2010, 05:21 PM
I think that the important part here is that if a D. finds it, war will happen, because he'll discover true history and resume the fight of his ancestors because of what the worldgovernment did. So a Non-D. would really be unlikely to understand, yes.

This is probably also connected to Rayleigh saying that the Strawhats will draw other conclusions from what they find out than Roger and his men did. In my mind that is picking a fight with the WG, rather than disbanding. This though would mean that OP isn't over with Luffy becoming pirateking (which he should become by reaching Raftel/finding One Piece the treasure), but takes off to another war from there - a rather disturbing thought since I got used to the thought of a peaceful ending with their dreams fulfilled xD

Uriel
March 06, 2010, 05:31 PM
@Nindo: Nah, Garp is a D and I doubt He's able to hear the voices of all things. Although Luffy does seem to "talk" with everything, even when He's not talking.
[hr]

This is probably also connected to Rayleigh saying that the Strawhats will draw other conclusions from what they find out than Roger and his men did. In my mind that is picking a fight with the WG, rather than disbanding. This though would mean that OP isn't over with Luffy becoming pirateking (which he should become by reaching Raftel/finding One Piece the treasure), but takes off to another war from there - a rather disturbing thought since I got used to the thought of a peaceful ending with their dreams fulfilled xD
And because that could open the chance to Luffy's death in order to achieve his goals.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 13, 2010, 06:47 AM
it could simply be roger's treasure which he left in raftel the island where the true history .
roger asked WB if he wanted to know how to get to raftel and the way he spoke seperatly of the lost history hinted that the treasure one piece and the history has no connection . its just that the history is in the place where onepiece is .

Black Lagoon
March 13, 2010, 10:51 AM
it could simply be roger's treasure which he left in raftel the island where the true history .
roger asked WB if he wanted to know how to get to raftel and the way he spoke seperatly of the lost history hinted that the treasure one piece and the history has no connection . its just that the history is in the place where onepiece is .

Roger doesn't look like the guy who gives so much attention/importance to "material treasure", he believes in dreams, freedom, someone that will change the world ... of course every pirate no matter who he's has some kind of attraction toward gold and so is Roger, but the real One Piece is more than that and we won't find out what it's till the very end. :noworry

superman97
March 13, 2010, 05:09 PM
I think there are gonna be some funny panels involving Nami being dissapointed in what One Piece is when they find it.

Black Lagoon
March 13, 2010, 05:32 PM
I think there are gonna be some funny panels involving Nami being dissapointed in what One Piece is when they find it.

LOL, but I think finishing her map means more than Gold for her, it's her dream after all, so getting to Raftel and finishing her map is gonna somehow overshadow her disappointment. :amuse

But it doesn't have to be this way ... I mean there could be some real treasure in there. :noworry

neild
April 18, 2010, 01:36 PM
how about one piece being a genie in a bottle?one wish for the owner.or 3 wishes like dragon ball,then it will be ditched to another secret location as the owner's wish, but the people from his crew isnt allowed to wish for another

guegoblok
September 26, 2011, 10:38 AM
What do you think one piece is?

Here's my theory:

It's the strawhat
It's about passing the hat into the next generation as the rightful heir of D.

Which brings me to the other theory.

The treasure is actually having everybody in the world as your friend. I'm assuming the finale is about Luffy fighting against the world government on something. It might be the world government held Luffy captive and people have to release him from execution Ace style, or The world government just decides that he's a really big threat and they come at him with full force.

The heir of D is someone who can actually pull this off. I think Luffy is the one.

The end should be about the world lead by Luffy fighting the world government.

Do you think this is possible?

snengod2
September 28, 2011, 07:25 AM
An island moving device !! all the islands in the one piece world will be controlled by who ever has it . This would be the reason why its called one piece and the reason why Gol.D Roger decided not to use it so that everyone can continue living the island to island pirate lifestyle. That or a giant piece of gold which I think is so stupid it might actually be the one piece.

Freid
September 28, 2011, 03:06 PM
Do you think this is possible?

The only part I think is possible is that luffy will fight the world government at the end. I don't think it will be because of a new development like Luffy getting captured and has to be saved or something, because that story line has already been used and it would also just make it another arc instead of the climax to something long built up. The revelation of the world government's dark history and the discovery of one piece will probably play major roles in triggering the big fight.

hyper_megaman
October 01, 2011, 02:13 AM
incriminating information from poneglyphs, assembled into one piece of coherent information, telling of ancient weapons too and how to fight back against the scourge that is the wg

ibi
October 01, 2011, 04:10 AM
What if it's just one piece of something bigger, so like the final or key piece of a treasure/weapon/poneglyph, that the government have. A bit like the main transmitter in Transformers 3.

Dylan21
October 01, 2011, 06:26 AM
I always thought it's something about the ancient country professor Clover talked about.
Rayleigh did say that they were ahead of time, so even if they have reveal all the secret of the void century nothing would have change . One piece could be the Rio Poneglyph or maybe Raftel itself i don't know , but i'm quite certain that it has something to do with the future fall of the WG. Whitebeard said something about "the men Roger was waiting for" and "their flames will never die" , The will of the D. and all that behind it is probably connected to this as well. The D.'s are probably the last offsprings of the people in that kingdom. Whitebeard also said that once "One Piece" is found the all world will be engulf in a war.

Quantized
October 04, 2011, 10:17 AM
I agree that One Piece is bigger, it's name may even wear multi meanings. One Piece of ultimative collection of treasures, and be the name of the crown of a big treasure, but both consisted in the same treasure, thus why One Piece is so grand.

Personally I lean towards that One Piece is a big treasure with a crown (not literally crown), whereas there will be something for everyone in Luffy's crew.
Like Robin could get 2 things, her wish to find the Ponyglyphs accomplished and unlocks the secret void history which will also have dramatic effects on Luffy as the Pirate King and something else special fitting her.
Franky could find some ancient technology from the void history, Chopper could find some ancient medicine and both could by this become one of the finest doctor / engineer.

Can keep going with ideas for the crew, but think the idea of the concept is nailed :)
The crown, or master piece of One Piece, I think, will befall the captain, Luffy. It'll be something extraordinary, something really creative.
I don't like the idea of a weapon to be the crown of One Piece, but, I think it'll be something that will help him a great deal as a Pirate King.

My 2 cents on what One Piece is, I really can't wait to see what it actually is though.. so many possibilities, every post is different here :D

Kyodai Senkan Mora
October 07, 2011, 06:30 AM
I think the legendary treasure One Piece will be something different for everyone....I think more than one crew will get there at around the same and see it but that only the man Roger was waiting for will see it for what it really is

Uriel
October 10, 2011, 01:35 PM
I think One Piece is Freedom.

Wasn't there a thread like this before? >_>

matzik1212
October 12, 2011, 03:45 PM
i think one piece contains information about the void century that WG covered up ....in other words it might have something to do with rio poneglyph that robin wishes to find ....... also maybe there are some treasures to be find but i doubt that is the essence behind this mystery that is the "one piece" :D
when rayleigh told the SH's that they learned the true history of the world i seriously started to consider this possibility but i still don't have any ideas what that history contains ;)

MaiSiaoSiao
October 13, 2011, 03:42 AM
I kinda like the idea that OP is "different" for everyone.Personally,i dont thing that OP is a Rio Poneglyph as it would seem like everything we've seen up till now is just the SHs accompanying Robin find out about the Void Century.That would be dumb.
If OP is knowledge about the world/Void Century,Will of D - Freedom - Wealth. that would be cool

Schabrak
October 14, 2011, 04:26 AM
I think One Piece is Freedom.

Wasn't there a thread like this before? >_>
I'm pretty sure there was one with a long long opening post, but can't remeber who started it now.-_-

One Piece is a secret. :D

Anduren
October 14, 2011, 05:43 AM
Ah.... I think One Piece is the story! At least the time-line of the One Piece world from its past to the future as written down in Poneglyph form which reveals not only what happened during the void century, but also what will happen in the future.

The reason I think this is because it was only after reaching Raftel and having found One Piece that Roger and his group realized they were supposed to wait for someone else to do "something" that will carry the weight of all the past centuries on their back and turn the world upside down. As things stood back then, Roger being undefeated and being friends with Whitebeard as well as having the option to work with Shiki the Golden Lion, the world government could've been overturned easily if a war like the one at marineford happened at the time (I guess it's just speculation on my part and there's no real basis for this except assumptions :)).

I want to also note that till now two of the Yonkou that most likely know/knew what One Piece is (Whitebeard and Shanks) had no interest in getting to it and was betting on the next generation (Ace and Luffy respectively) being the ones Roger was waiting for to fulfill this deed.

Anyways, I think it's weird that the ones who actually know what One Piece is, from Rayleigh to Shanks and Krokus to Whitebeard, as strong as they are, wanted to wait for pieces to fall in place and destiny to unfold in a particular way as if they already know how it's supposed to turn out and just want to sit back and wait, also knowing that they're not meant to be in the middle of it.

About the previous thread.....http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/10542-What-is-One-Piece-!-! (found it on page 4 on the list of threads lol I wouldn't expect anyone to look that far :eyeroll)

guegoblok
October 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
One Piece is actually Luffy's hat.

It's passed down on one generation to another (among the D s) in order to find the one who can unite the whole world (by being their friend) to fight the world government.