PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 254 Discussion

3c
October 01, 2011, 09:02 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72788-Fairy-Tail-254-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

shuha27
October 08, 2011, 12:59 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80226190/1

Chapter is out!

jacke12
October 08, 2011, 01:12 PM
Man such a boring chapter only the ending was little good because of the news that Tenrou island still exists.
And I just don't understand why is Romeo cosplaying like Natsu

shuha27
October 08, 2011, 01:14 PM
Chapter was okay. Nice to see how the guild was affected after the whole Tenrou Island thing. Can't wait to see the new designs of everyone :)

Astral_Shive
October 08, 2011, 01:18 PM
What I want to see is the overwhelming destruction of that new guild by Natsu & CO.
It's gonna look so badass :D

MAX_COLA_POWER!
October 08, 2011, 01:20 PM
Man such a boring chapter only the ending was little good because of the news that Tenrou island still exists.
Natsu was the one that rescued his father when no one else would. To Romeo, he will forever be grateful to the person that saved his loved one.

lordoffantasy
October 08, 2011, 01:24 PM

he lookd up to natsu, like an idol. sine he has been missing since he was little, he is honoring him.

diavolo
October 08, 2011, 01:26 PM
nice chapter & nice touch with the timeskip!
my money is on this:
the girl in the forest moved the whole island at the last moment somewhere else. there fairy tail remain hidden and trained in order to prevent somethinh like that. and after 7 years they will appear again powered up and ready to kick some ass. I would say that rest of fairy tail would be under probation or looked after by one of the Makarov's old teammates. meanwhile in the world something big is going on behind the curtains and the council is trying to prevent but they will fail and the good guilds will unite against the evil. We have the possibilities of Zeref, Makarov's son guild and the other dark guild og the ballam alliance.

:worship2
well my theory is starting to unfold hahaha:super:super

zelllogan
October 08, 2011, 01:29 PM
Yay , welcome in "Lost", where is Jack ?

More seriously, it was one disappointing chapter. 7 years, It was an occasion for other fairy tail members to step up, but they were pathetic.
With the new hope introducted by the last page, I hope that fairy tail members will honor the name of Fairy tail.

Atobe the king
October 08, 2011, 01:30 PM
Wont lie...waited a week for this...shouldnt be surprised i got a transition chapter but still somewhat meh. Lol@Blue pegasus still being ridiculously attractive.

lordoffantasy
oh, i am dancing like a loony. tenrou island still exists!!! i thought it was funny that the island compeltely disapeared without any debris. has it been in some kind of time freeze or something?
for those expecting an upgrade apperance, you might have to wait a bit. we have no idea what has happrened yet, only the team is alive. who klnows what has happened in the world as well; something has changed, that is for sure. perhaps the time skin was so the world would be ready for the team to come back and kick the ass of evil in a way more akin to rave master.

Darjaille
• It is Romeo
• Bisca and the other one got married
• Lololo at Macao XDDD
• And Droy XDDDDDD

Anyway, I don't like the pathetic Fairy Tail :(

• Ichiya :/
• And Hibiki :love

And one Q... what is ethernano? :D

So.. I kinda expected transition chapter. We'll have to wait (at least) one more week.

AandWguy
October 08, 2011, 01:40 PM
did anyone notice bisca and arsack now have the same last name? does that mean they got hitched?
and is manga becoming LOST now? what a chapter...

kkck
October 08, 2011, 01:41 PM
Ahh, nice to see what happened in this seven years. From what I gather the repercussions of the members disappearing were as severe as expected although not as severe that the guild would get closed. First is the loss of its most powerful members. They were probably the ones that brought in most of the guilds income thus their loss would result in less people offering them jobs. From what we saw it also seems like a lot of members left too as there are not nearly as much people as there used to be. Perhaps the reduced job offering had something to do with this and in turn this would cause even less jobs to be available. I would think sadness would also be a reason for people to leave the guild. Anyways, the guild being from the most overpowered in Fiore to one of the average ones.

Makao is perhaps not outright weak but he is also not S-class material. Best case scenario is that he is as strong as natsu considering he took on 19 of those things back in the day while natsu had trouble with one (of course, natsu would have grown stronger since then but still). The issues they have with the other guild is monetary more than anything so even if beating them up was viable it is not something that would solve their problems.

Interesting to see those married. I guess they got over their shyness. I still have trouble imagining the story unfold from this point onward with the main cast though. How would natsu and the rest fit in? Those of their generation would have a considerable head start over them too which is not perhaps good for them. I wonder if the story will resort to time traveling and bring everyone back to the past or the guild will be rebuilt from this point onward once the main cast is back.

jacke12
October 08, 2011, 01:42 PM
The thing I really wait to see how every one appears again 7 years older not the same age they were when they diapered. Then to go kick this stupid Guild what was it's name i don't even remember it anymore and Fairy tail ready to become the big guild it was before or will Mashima give some boring chapter again like this weeks.

Hunter Reborn
October 08, 2011, 02:19 PM
it was okay, but I can not feel sorry for the other Fairy Tail members. There were lame before and it still looks like they are lame now, well except Biska and Arsack. I had felt that they were cool because of the magic power they have. Well this new arc has started to be an epic fail to my eyes. All this arc is going to be is Romeo and crew (whoever they are) search for the island, and the funny thing is that the perfume guy still can smell Scarlett.

Bhoot
October 08, 2011, 02:44 PM
Well , I think that the time skip was a good move , not only does it allow for the lesser membeers of the guild to gain some character development , it also allows for the story to lose its base time line which in turn allows for more unpredictability .

Personally , I dont think the old FT is discreditied coz Magic council was there when it happened .

I realy wanna see the following things :
a. The teleporter guy a part of the higher magic counl grp to help FT a bit .
b. Natsu and co. powered up and given new looks .
c. Makarov dead from old age leaving the guild to Laxus
d. Gildartz to be the teacher of the DSers .
e. Lucy to grow a brain .

exacta
October 08, 2011, 02:46 PM
Chapter was good. Macao and Wakaba are the only ones left that seem somewhat capable, and their too old now. But what was up with those guys trashing the guild? They didn't even use magic.....it didn't really seem like they posed so much of a threat that FT couldn't fight back.

I don't get how it would take them 7 years to figure out that Tenrou Island still exists. Honestly, I don't like the length of this timeskip.....I'm kinda hoping some kind of time magic happens at the end of this arc and FT gets sent back or something.

meepers4982
October 08, 2011, 02:48 PM
I liked this chapter for numerous reasons, for one its not jumping the gun, we just had the time skip and while i would love to see all the mains again im happy we didnt. We see the result of the the guilds loss and how major these characters were to the guild and upholding it and also we see the characters truly loyal to FT. I really like how mashima set up the skip with a reintroduction of the characters and allowing us to get used to the transition. Also we get the 'surprise' of the fact that tenrou island still exists. This chapter put a lot of perspective on the characterization and bonds. If mashima allowed the characters to reappear in this chapter, yes we would get what we want the most but it weakens the story and in the long run we will be really happy with the build up of seeing out favorite people again. I think this arc will be rather short. Hopefully we will see the present FT set off to look for the other members with BP (my goodness are hibiki and eve attractive, and ichiya made me laugh) this arcs max chapters will probably be 15-20.

Rarhyx
October 08, 2011, 02:50 PM
I have another theory what happened with the island:
either it's now deep inside the ocean(aka look athe current one piece arc)
or it's pretty high in the atmosphere where normal flying ships and magic can't reach it, and Natsu and co. can't escape from there.
And blue pegasus jut found a way to reach it

meepers4982
October 08, 2011, 02:54 PM
Chapter was good. Macao and Wakaba are the only ones left that seem somewhat capable, and their too old now. But what was up with those guys trashing the guild? They didn't even use magic.....it didn't really seem like they posed so much of a threat that FT couldn't fight back.

I don't get how it would take them 7 years to figure out that Tenrou Island still exists. Honestly, I don't like the length of this timeskip.....I'm kinda hoping some kind of time magic happens at the end of this arc and FT gets sent back or something.

I don't think they fought back for numerous reasons:
1. It is prohibited for guilds to fight (and FT whether past or present has quite a few ticks with the council about this)
2. They begin to fight back and the other guild will attack all of them (macao is protecting his son as well)
3. They are weak and are trying to remain there in the hope that the other members will someday return.

I think the seven year time skip is there because mashima is trying to keep with the 7 trend as mentioned by other people. I also think the reason why it took so long to figure out that the island still existed is:
1. the island is shifting location every few months or years
2. Its in a remote place where few people travel or go and BP happened to have a mission around the area and found something regarding the island.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I have another theory what happened with the island:
either it's now deep inside the ocean(aka look athe current one piece arc)
or it's pretty high in the atmosphere where normal flying ships and magic can't reach it, and Natsu and co. can't escape from there.
And blue pegasus jut found a way to reach it
I like your idea as well :)

frozen18ice
October 08, 2011, 03:25 PM
normally the island can only be seen by fairy tale members, may be mavis made the magic barrier stronger that nobody can see it anymore, some of the key player that are members of fairy tale are not strong enough to my be see it or because its 7 year later the magic that was used was a little weaker now. i wonder if master is still alive because of the island and he is kept at suspended age compared from the rest of the team, what if mavis grants him eternal life in the island and that is part of the reason why the other have not left the place and wanted to get strong also.

looking at it the guild did get very small and very weak, there are only a few members left, most of them are not very strong also looking back at the guild fight arc most of the members that was here got owned by the other members of the guild that was in the island. i guess its almost the same idea of one piece that have a few members but strong makes up for a huge guild that have so much members, plus the efforts to find the other guild members for 7 years must be very difficult. i wonder if levy come back would she get back with her team or will be part of the gageel team i bet the members of fairly tale got pairing in the island it could be not untill next chapter or two till we see the 21

Uriel
October 08, 2011, 03:29 PM
I liked the new designs, I liked that the boy is not a time-travelling brat, I liked that there is a comeback to the origins for the guild as a humble place and I loved the new Max...I always enjoyed Sand Magic a lot.

So, looking forward next chapter!

kidopitz27
October 08, 2011, 03:32 PM
this chapter ruined my expectations on this arc why would they say that Tenrou island still exist? maybe Mashima should put that information on maybe in the middle of the arc it destroys the hype of the 7 year time skip and im thinking maybe Mashima should not go to 7 year time skip and let them fight/escape or hunt the dragon and it lasted 7 years and when they comeback FT is getting weak and getting attacked

Ero-Sanji
October 08, 2011, 03:33 PM
Weak!

Never expected them to get trashed around like that by a new guild. Seem like they will be the guild which true FT will test their new strengths on. Also, I find it funny how their closest allies of Blue Pegasus and Lamia(?) hasn't stepped up to help them out, I mean both guilds are more or less indebted to them.

Bludvein
October 08, 2011, 03:45 PM
Some of you are too used to having your expectations shattered with this manga.

The way I see it, the timeskip is a new start. Its too soon to complain about the new arc sucking. This was just an information chapter showing what FT has been reduced to. I for one am willing to atleast give it a shot.

kidopitz27
October 08, 2011, 03:46 PM
Romeo look like he hasn't age when the manga starts he punched makarov and he looks like 5-7 years old so why is he still a todler?

White Silver King
October 08, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hopefully FT comes back next week or the one after. I'm really not looking forward to seeing this patheticness continue on the Guild's part, it's depressing.

Edit: I forgot how much I love Ichiya, I literally loled at the last page. I wanna see him and Bob team-up in a fight SO bad. I think the opponent might die from laughing though lol.

Vengeance
October 08, 2011, 05:10 PM
Wow this chapter is very depressing. Almost couldn't bring myself to finish reading it once it got to the sketch book. Everyone looks allot different. Was pretty predictable with Makao being guild master & Fairy Tail being considered a joke. The ending was a little confusing. So Blue Pegasus are going to be the one's who find the missing members & not the guild itself? Seems rather odd but whatever.

wooticus
October 08, 2011, 05:10 PM
I have mixed feelings about this weeks chapter. At the one side, i liked the pace. Nobody wanted to see natsu and the others back in an instant, after all it is a new arc. Moreover it was expectable that fairy tail will be at it's lowest point with all of those strong members leaving. But at the moment they looked a bit too - i don't know how to call it, the word "worthless" is a bit too harsh.
Being in a guild is all about friendship and such stuff, i know. It's not about being the strongest and every guild has to have weak members. But it's been 7 years? and the fairy tail of 791 is mostly still crying about the others being lost. They just were to dependent on them. I really hope that mashima will use this arc to give some other FT members the time to shine and to step on. This might sound a bit extreme, but in my opinion every character who doesn't show some development or at least some courage in this arc should just be erased from this manga - because i don't like characters who have no use at all.

Having such an arc is a very nice choice in my opinion. It works against the struggle of FT having stronger opponents each and every arc while not having the time to grow stronger. I just hope it won't be to predictable. In the moment it totally smells like blue pegasus + some FT members including romeo going on a search misson. They will have some proper fights against opponents that are absolutely unimportant. And in the end Romeo will be rescued by natsu.

Nevertheless a few questions are unanswered. Why hasn't the council taken action against fairy tail, disbanding them? Why hasn't ivan taken over fairy tail?

But as many other said.. it will be really enjoyable to see FT kicking the ass of this new ogre build. The funny thing is that probably every single tenrou island FT members can destroy this guys solo.

ps: anyone else thinks that some FT members aged a bit too much??

GomuGomu_Getsuga
October 08, 2011, 05:27 PM
I didn't enjoy this chapter at all. To be honest, I only looked at the pictures. I don't feel like waiting to see natsu and the others if they are exactly the same.

sarutobi_sensei
October 08, 2011, 05:55 PM
Oh boy I'm sad. Look at what FT turned into without them... damn...

Macao as the master? Why not Polyusca? Why?

I wonder if this is a different timeline or actually the same and things will go on as it is. Gonna be epic seeing them all return and give those others guys a run for their money hehe.

Still, this wasn't a very interesting chapter

Thuwa25
October 08, 2011, 06:01 PM
Wow I couldn't believe that macoa was the new master! But yeah it feels like everyone who is still there is somehow trying to deal with the grief over the loss. I found it hilarious that ichiyama is still alive. But I hope would give some clues to how to find tenrou island? I reckon natsu and co will still be the same.

ca12nag3
October 08, 2011, 06:04 PM

I wonder if this is a different timeline or actually the same and things will go on as it is. Gonna be epic seeing them all return and give those others guys a run for their money hehe.

How is this chapter not interesting? Its very interesting, we get to see how everyone feels and reacts on the loss of their friends, also who takes the lead. And what impact the loss had. This Arc is a prelude for something bigger. I say its better to wait and see then to gun it down before it even starts.

A big + is that most likely the Blue Pegasus get more screentime, this helps for their presence in the manga, after all facing the Alliance FT should not be able to do alone. When the alliance was first mentioned it was as if they were overwelmingly powerfull. And they should be, but to have some counterweight you need more then just FT so Blue Pegasus now will be shown some more. Good.

Lectro Volpi
October 08, 2011, 06:21 PM
What a sad thing for FT. Macao is one hell of a weakling, not even a shadow of Makarov.

FT has a lot of members outside the main cast but I see now that they are worthless background characters as ALL the trust, power and administration was because of the ones that went missing.

sarutobi_sensei
October 08, 2011, 06:26 PM
How is this chapter not interesting? Its very interesting, we get to see how everyone feels and reacts on the loss of their friends, also who takes the lead. And what impact the loss had. This Arc is a prelude for something bigger. I say its better to wait and see then to gun it down before it even starts.

You misunderstood what I meant. It's not that it was uninteresting, but, it was a slow chapter. I was kinda hoping for more on the last page, more than, the island is still there... Something like Natsu or someone saying, what is the meaning of this.

I'm also hoping big things for this arc.

A big + is that most likely the Blue Pegasus get more screentime, this helps for their presence in the manga, after all facing the Alliance FT should not be able to do alone. When the alliance was first mentioned it was as if they were overwelmingly powerfull. And they should be, but to have some counterweight you need more then just FT so Blue Pegasus now will be shown some more. Good.
I'm also hoping that not only BP but also Lamia Scale appears there.

Who would've thought that Christina would be this important :D

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Thinking on other things, they said that the Government had said that it was Acnologia that attacked the island. This means that information that there is still at least 1 dragon alive was given to the world.

And they actually showed interest in trying to find the members that were on the island since not only the government and the remaining members tried to find the ones missing, but also other organizations. Maybe even other guilds.

Now that reading Hibiki was talking about is probably the magical reading of a certain area. Kinda like the Reishi in Bleach, or collective chakra on Naruto, or presence on One Piece.

Hunter Reborn
October 08, 2011, 06:28 PM
well I hope this arc will not be a search for 20 chapters and just find clues. I do wonder if Blue Pegasus is helping out will the group join to help, since that would allow the readers to see the other side characters changes in 7 yrs.

Dylan21
October 08, 2011, 07:59 PM
Weak dude, Makao the 4th master , ahahah

Anyway we were right, the boy is Romeo and he is trying to look like Natsu.
It seems like the remaining FT's still suffer for the others "death" after 7 years, even just name one member made them cry . They don't look like they got stronger or anything
The Blue Pegasus entrance was really random , but well....... knowing Mashima we will see the others really soon, maybe even at the end of the next chapter.

AandWguy
October 08, 2011, 08:12 PM
did anyone notice bisca and arsack now have the same last name? does that mean they got hitched?
and is manga becoming LOST now? what a chapter...

Quantized
October 08, 2011, 08:19 PM
Yay , welcome in "Lost", where is Jack ?

More seriously, it was one disappointing chapter. 7 years, It was an occasion for other fairy tail members to step up, but they were pathetic.
With the new hope introducted by the last page, I hope that fairy tail members will honor the name of Fairy tail.

lol hilarious comparison! xD

What makes me wonder though, is if the island just recently reappeared..? or has it been this new place all along these 7 years...? If the latter, why didn't they return...? Did something happen on the island..? I'm so damn curious now..! xD

Hopefully we'll see them arrive in the Pegasus ship next chapter! :´]

So it's safe to assume that the rest of Fairy Tail will find their lost members, rather than the lost members returning home on their own.

What exactly will they find when they appear on the island...? Everyone frozen in time maybe..? I hope not though... If this chapter made one good thing, it'd be that I'm super curious now..!

tobeulp
October 08, 2011, 08:27 PM
This chapter is a great chapter it portrays the emotions of the guild I hope we could see how the council and other guild reacts on Fairy Tail becoming this weak... Well next chapter should still be like this or else the reappearance of the Fairy Tail elites will seem like to rush...

OPN
October 08, 2011, 08:38 PM
i thought this chapter was really good. i think it actually justified the lame time skip and saved it. i really liked how ft is now a loser pathetic guild and lol at droy i was NOT expecting him to become fat. as for ft fighting ogre think about it if they fight them then they would get their butts kicked not to mention have their guild destroied so its reasonable why they didnt fight back. alzack and bisca being married is the biggest plus though since a relationship between them as always been hinted and now its good to see it realised. im really looking foreward to seeing the MC's new designs hopfully they dont change too much.

Quantized
October 08, 2011, 08:43 PM
This chapter is a great chapter it portrays the emotions of the guild I hope we could see how the council and other guild reacts on Fairy Tail becoming this weak... Well next chapter should still be like this or else the reappearance of the Fairy Tail elites will seem like to rush...

or what's left of the council, they spoke of the council in the past afterall.
Soon after the accident, Zeref probably started to roam the whole magic world, and is probably in power now, controlling everything.

Now it could be that most guilds are dark Guilds, and a few light guilds left, like Blue Pegasus and Fairy Tail!

I wonder though, Zeref haven't shown himself as truly evil maniac yet, but a pretty calm light evil mage.
Am I the only one disappointed of Zeref thus far...?

I agree with you tobeulp though, that it's good that we see some emotions!

Zeltrax
October 08, 2011, 08:58 PM
So basically the equivalent of fairy tail = those that went for s-class.
I'm disappointed, I was expecting the other members to be somewhat stronger than this.
Only thing I can say is that hopefully this doesn't go down the time travel path, like how natsu and the rest are
actually stuck in time and time travel all the way to 7 years later..only to change their terrible future and return the past or something( like reborn's arc).
Good thing about this chapter is the sadness tho, ft needs that.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Just noticed that azack and biska share the same surname (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80226190/4), so they are married now :p

Quantized
October 08, 2011, 09:10 PM
So basically the equivalent of fairy tail = those that went for s-class.
I'm disappointed, I was expecting the other members to be somewhat stronger than this.
Only thing I can say is that hopefully this doesn't go down the time travel path, like how natsu and the rest are
actually stuck in time and time travel all the way to 7 years later..only to change their terrible future and return the past or something( like reborn's arc).
Good thing about this chapter is the sadness tho, ft needs that.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Just noticed that azack and biska share the same surname (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80226190/4), so they are married now :p

I hope so too, that this is not a time travel or stuck in time, but that they merely where unable to leave the island for yet unknown reason, and in this time, developed as characters!

I can easily imagine Natsu 7 years older, when Remeo barely looks 7 years older.
As unreal as it is, I like that it's shown this way, it gives hope that Natsu and many other of the main cast, didn't change too extremely, but might have changed dramatically in magic powers.

I mean come on now, how would Natsu the main character be as a grown up man when we know him pretty good as a child..? and I got to wonder if anyone would like zero progress from the main cast of Fairy Tail in a 7 year time skip either..? So does this mean that we'll see everyone 7 years older but with lesser ageing signs..? I think so (:

k0dach1
October 08, 2011, 09:48 PM
At first I was hoping that FT would still be a strong guild with a number of new strong mages, was hoping for Mest and Meredy to join in.

But this actually seems more believable this way. When the core members of FT disappeared, the guild started getting weaker and weaker, inevitably being reduced to what was shown to us. Most of the mages left for new, stronger, guilds and only the ones loyal to FT remained. I don't think that they are waiting for the others to return, as it has been 7 years already and it looks like they have given up hope of them returning, I see it as them wanting to hold on to the guild for as long as they can.

Seems like a good new beginning since from the start of the manga we've always seen a strong FT. It will be good for us to see the world from the eyes of a guild that is remaking itself. With the presumable return of Natsu and the others, we will get to see how a guild actually gets stronger and maybe glimpse into how politics works with guilds (instead of just ordering them around).

Anyway, that being said, I think it will be another 2-3 chapters before Natsu and the others gets reintroduced. I'm thinking the most they will be able to do next week is discover the whereabouts of Tenrou Island. Then the week after that we probably will get a silhouette or a leg of Natsu.

Here's to hoping Makarov isn't dead yet.

cutesherry
October 08, 2011, 10:56 PM
Nice chapter, or more like, no, it's not like it was some brain breaking chap. but as many said, it had to be done, it's not like there could be some amazing twist or revelations each week ^^; It was the usual Fairy Tail ^^

And you have to consider something: for the ones who will be reading the final tankubon all at once and not waiting days and week to read what happens next, there truly will be only 30 little pages between the 'destruction' of the island and the moment it's revealed it's actually still there somewhere...thinking about it from that angle, Mashima could actually have dragged the drama a bit more. But it seems like showing off the new Fairy Tail is not his priority nor the focus of the new arc and one single chapter was enough to present them, for whatever plans he has cooked.

Needless to say, the cast left and the pathetic state the guild turned into made it crystal clear the main protagonists are most certainly not dead (if anyone out there actually thought that for real) and the manga is and still will be centered on them.

I liked the idea someone suggested in the pages before, about the island being in the air or underwater, because if the main cast are still well and awake (meaning they weren't in hibernation, frozen or whatever) I really can't think of any place in Fairy Tail World the island could have landed to that could have stopped them, in SEVEN years, to go back to their Guild...no, actually, even like that it's still no good, Happy could have flown if the island was in the air and Lluvia would be 100% ok with whatever amount of water...there is the barrier theory left I suppose? But we are back to the same question: just what kind of barrier could have stopped the most powerful FT mages during 7 years?

So, for me, this new arc is really resumed in one question: what happened to them?

kidopitz27
October 08, 2011, 11:24 PM
it was a good transition chapter but Hiro just bluntly put that tenrou island still exist well i can't blame him its already 7 years

DEATHBOTT
October 08, 2011, 11:25 PM
so would you guys rather the main cast aged in the seven years or been frozen in time?

Quantized
October 08, 2011, 11:35 PM
Nice chapter, or more like, no, it's not like it was some brain breaking chap. but as many said, it had to be done, it's not like there could be some amazing twist or revelations each week ^^; It was the usual Fairy Tail ^^

And you have to consider something: for the ones who will be reading the final tankubon all at once and not waiting days and week to read what happens next, there truly will be only 30 little pages between the 'destruction' of the island and the moment it's revealed it's actually still there somewhere...thinking about it from that angle, Mashima could actually have dragged the drama a bit more. But it seems like showing off the new Fairy Tail is not his priority nor the focus of the new arc and one single chapter was enough to present them, for whatever plans he has cooked.

Needless to say, the cast left and the pathetic state the guild turned into made it crystal clear the main protagonists are most certainly not dead (if anyone out there actually thought that for real) and the manga is and still will be centered on them.

I liked the idea someone suggested in the pages before, about the island being in the air or underwater, because if the main cast are still well and awake (meaning they weren't in hibernation, frozen or whatever) I really can't think of any place in Fairy Tail World the island could have landed to that could have stopped them, in SEVEN years, to go back to their Guild...no, actually, even like that it's still no good, Happy could have flown if the island was in the air and Lluvia would be 100% ok with whatever amount of water...there is the barrier theory left I suppose? But we are back to the same question: just what kind of barrier could have stopped the most powerful FT mages during 7 years?

So, for me, this new arc is really resumed in one question: what happened to them?

Indeed, this really cracks my mind as well, what the world is stopping them from getting home to the guild...?

I'm reeeeeeally suspecious about this little girl
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/10

Who in the world is she, and what exactly did she do to the island...?
Personally I think she's Wendy's dragon, Grandine, the dragon of air and healing, disguised as a human.
Though, some suggested she could be a fairy too, and I'm still open for this very interesting idea.

Assuming this girl is one of these powers, what could she have done to the island...? I don't like the idea of merely submerging to the ocean or rising to the air, simple magic should allow them to get away from these places.
An alternative realm...? Realm of dragons, or realm of fairies...? It really is a tricky one... Where are they...? xD

We got proof now in this that the island did not get brutally destroyed, so what exactly happened...?
Can't wait for the next chapter already :tem

jonl1319
October 08, 2011, 11:53 PM
I don't know I enjoyed the chapter and as far as calling them worthless not so much. I mean them not fighting the other guild is what they're reduced to because of politics. You can call them weak but they have no room to fight a bigger guild. Also w/o makarov being there of course jobs aren't going to come in as frequently. I mean those members might be strong but you can't just beat up your financial backers. And I don't know why people hate time skips I mean it was kinda needed natsu was pretty much getting owned every time until at the very end something new happens that gives him an advantage. Now is a good time for them all to gain strength to defeat acnologia and also the dark guilds which are much stronger by now. Tenrou island made it clear that a power up was needed. I'm excited about what happens next and I'd rather have an information chapter this week instead of going like a whole month knowing nothing. I feel whatever happened to the island is going to be something no one thought of yet.

Ifrit
October 09, 2011, 12:18 AM
No need to give a fast judge about current Arc. it just started give it some time ...as for me I hope they will be older change in manga is good it gives a fresh start.

I remember only reading one post predicting Macao to be the 4th master I forgot who that was but sir u are right greetings ^_^

I hope Lamia Scale will join the search and rescue team....I would love to see "Jura" again.

of course the boy is Romeo just look at his face LOL...don't act surprised now :P

LoS
October 09, 2011, 12:38 AM
meh, what a silly transition chapter. Nothing unexpected or noteworthy, wake me up when some nice new character designs and such are introduced. The only think worth even mentioning is the lore/history of dragons in that book we saw... back to lurking and not reading other members posts

Bludvein
October 09, 2011, 02:25 AM
I don't know I enjoyed the chapter and as far as calling them worthless not so much. I mean them not fighting the other guild is what they're reduced to because of politics. You can call them weak but they have no room to fight a bigger guild. Also w/o makarov being there of course jobs aren't going to come in as frequently. I mean those members might be strong but you can't just beat up your financial backers. And I don't know why people hate time skips I mean it was kinda needed natsu was pretty much getting owned every time until at the very end something new happens that gives him an advantage. Now is a good time for them all to gain strength to defeat acnologia and also the dark guilds which are much stronger by now. Tenrou island made it clear that a power up was needed. I'm excited about what happens next and I'd rather have an information chapter this week instead of going like a whole month knowing nothing. I feel whatever happened to the island is going to be something no one thought of yet.

I agree. A time skip was absolutely necessary. Natsu hasn't gotten significantly stronger since the beginning. It was just round after round of asspull 1-time power ups to beat the final bosses. Mashima ran that concept into the ground. This just isn't the type of series where the main character grows in spurts.

Im hoping Natsu can enter dragon force on his own now, but that may be too much to hope for. I don't really care either way as long as he is a lot stronger.

RaveDragon
October 09, 2011, 02:30 AM
Bisca and Alzack married <3 they have the same last name d'aaaaaaaaaaw

Oh heaven thanks they're all safe and the island protected them, technically it makes sense because anyone with a fairy tail mark cannot be killed on the island, its already been said its magical and that real fairies live on it which maybe the girl is and they got sent somewhere. Laxus is safe because he is still a fairy tail member after all =] No mark but ft protected him for sure.

Macao as new master makes sense as well, so I'm guessing now the Trimens and Romeo and part of the guild will go to look for them and this ac will center on the return of the main cast so probably much stronger, aged or not, who will take care of twilight ogre in like 5 seconds, i mean they look weaker then phantom so there you have it. It's also probably going to focus on the dragons later on when they're back so this arc might not be that long.

No guild could survive losing all of its strongest members and family because that's what they are for each other, they all look so sad and unhappy and the new fairy tail being all weak and pathetic kind of reflects they're feelings. Hopefully the guild will be back when everyone returns =D

The new title for next week it not presented so its a big possibility the main team is reintroduced or at least glimpsed at.

so would you guys rather the main cast aged in the seven years or been frozen in time?

I really think they didn't age, whatever the girl did, because it's obvious she did something they might be asleep together wherever the island is. It could be they trained while they're there rather than slept but i would rather they didn't age although I'm curios to see how they'd look accept Lucy because she's probably looks like her mum from the chapter "My Resolve" xD

kidopitz27
October 09, 2011, 03:08 AM

i rather see them aged and maybe just maybe the tenrou tree made Makarov younger again hahahahahahah

Ifrit
October 09, 2011, 03:14 AM
If the Island didn't get destroyed by Acnologia;....I think that girl trapped them or something like that, so they be safe...just like Mavis spell "Fairy Glitter" it's sealed and just waiting for some1 from Fairy Tail to remove the seal.....

But I don't understand how could Blue Pegasus found it....I thought only a Fairy Tail member can find this Island...

kakashidad
October 09, 2011, 03:24 AM
Oh it's up at last,lol.It went as i imagined it might.With the absent of the strongest mages of
the guild..the S-classes and the prospective new new s-classes.The guild fell into a state of WOE.
Sad to see but with a few readers longing to see some kind of misfortune fall upon the fairies.I
hope this satisfy (spelling) them.

I'm resisting hard from saying those four little words....oh eff it! i told you so lmfao on what has
just been revealed..about Romeo,Yay me lol.That other guild that's taken the shine off of fairy
tail...where the ***k did they come from?I've looked but not to hard,to see if there was even a neighbouring village that close to fairy tail...i didn't see one.Still with the passage of seven years,
i'm sure it's because of the lack of luster that would of been afforded to FT.Without power of fame,
your not going to get jack shit in life.

Romeo dad Marco Colbolt was made the fourth fairy tail master...man, where the hell did the rest
of the guild members go for chirstsake!that place used to be heaving.It seems that quite a few
of those members did not have the same type of heart as those left behind.This can only make the
guild stronger imo.

The level of hurt amongst the members is still prevaliant (spelling) as we see just what kind of
emotion is still welled up within the exsisting members...they all reflect on what used to be..when
spying those discarded or forgotten drawing of their missing comrades.And then we get to Blue
pegaus i'll fix that in abit lol.So TENROUJIMA has at last been located...look back at the issue
comment and see what i'm hmming about..lmao.I won't say it.The only thing i'm looking for is
igneel or metalica to show up...i'm pretty sure that they will.Whether it's this arc or the next,it'll
definately happen.

So to recap.A nice slow issue was produced.With the capacity to excel even further...i'm so buzzing
right now laters.Likes not needed lol.Peace.

RaveDragon
October 09, 2011, 03:26 AM
If the Island didn't get destroyed by Acnologia;....I think that girl trapped them or something like that, so they be safe...just like Mavis spell "Fairy Glitter" it's sealed and just waiting for some1 from Fairy Tail to remove the seal.....

But I don't understand how could Blue Pegasus found it....I thought only a Fairy Tail member can find this Island...

Find it yes but they said that they registered its presence so probably to get to it they would need a fairytail mage =] Detecting it and finding it are two different things imo

Newkerzy
October 09, 2011, 04:02 AM
Weak!

Never expected them to get trashed around like that by a new guild. Seem like they will be the guild which true FT will test their new strengths on. Also, I find it funny how their closest allies of Blue Pegasus and Lamia(?) hasn't stepped up to help them out, I mean both guilds are more or less indebted to them.

I'm sure they did their best to help FT, but Guild Laws, if I recall correctly, are quite strict. So they were limited in wha they can do. Moreover, those guilds are from different areas, so technically, they don't have authority to do anything related to FT.

Ahh, nice to see what happened in this seven years. From what I gather the repercussions of the members disappearing were as severe as expected although not as severe that the guild would get closed. First is the loss of its most powerful members. They were probably the ones that brought in most of the guilds income thus their loss would result in less people offering them jobs. From what we saw it also seems like a lot of members left too as there are not nearly as much people as there used to be. Perhaps the reduced job offering had something to do with this and in turn this would cause even less jobs to be available. I would think sadness would also be a reason for people to leave the guild. Anyways, the guild being from the most overpowered in Fiore to one of the average ones.

Makao is perhaps not outright weak but he is also not S-class material. Best case scenario is that he is as strong as natsu considering he took on 19 of those things back in the day while natsu had trouble with one (of course, natsu would have grown stronger since then but still). The issues they have with the other guild is monetary more than anything so even if beating them up was viable it is not something that would solve their problems.

Interesting to see those married. I guess they got over their shyness. I still have trouble imagining the story unfold from this point onward with the main cast though. How would natsu and the rest fit in? Those of their generation would have a considerable head start over them too which is not perhaps good for them. I wonder if the story will resort to time traveling and bring everyone back to the past or the guild will be rebuilt from this point onward once the main cast is back.

About Makao as the 4th master, I'd say that Makao is quite strong in his right and is at least an A-class mage. Visca and Alzack are also A-class bordering on S-class. The only Macao decided not to wage a war with that guild, was because they already had problems with the Council. So he had to hold back and focus on missions.

RaveDragon
October 09, 2011, 04:11 AM
I'm sure they did their best to help FT, but Guild Laws, if I recall correctly, are quite strict. So they were limited in wha they can do. Moreover, those guilds are from different areas, so technically, they don't have authority to do anything related to FT.

Oh I would also like to add to this: THE MAGIC COUNCIL :yelling They always hated FT so they must have taken the opportunity to rather than throw salt in their wounds, completely and utterly burn them down o a crisp =/ After losing their best of the best it opened a window for them to get rid of the hated guild too bad they're still fighting on and surely when the main return the council will have a beautiful fit :derp

ca12nag3
October 09, 2011, 04:55 AM
Oh I would also like to add to this: THE MAGIC COUNCIL :yelling They always hated FT so they must have taken the opportunity to rather than throw salt in their wounds, completely and utterly burn them down o a crisp =/ After losing their best of the best it opened a window for them to get rid of the hated guild too bad they're still fighting on and surely when the main return the council will have a beautiful fit :derp

Its also possible that the council and other forces hid any information regard to where the island could have gone and even tho they might have helped in the search it wasnt to bring anyone back.
Blue Pegasus was always close to FT so they are like 1 of few close allies. And they since they still seem of the same status might have found out where the island went. I mean I think they went into archives that are closed for general public and read something about it. I dont believe they spend 7 years on the area to look for it cause it obviously isnt there :D

kidopitz27
October 09, 2011, 06:07 AM
i like the theory of conspiracy from the magic council like for 7 years so that they can make the FT guild loss its power as top guild i think the blue Pegasus will tell them why the missing FT members are not found for 7 years because the magic council is hiding that information

RaveDragon
October 09, 2011, 06:11 AM
Its also possible that the council and other forces hid any information regard to where the island could have gone and even tho they might have helped in the search it wasnt to bring anyone back.
Blue Pegasus was always close to FT so they are like 1 of few close allies. And they since they still seem of the same status might have found out where the island went. I mean I think they went into archives that are closed for general public and read something about it. I dont believe they spend 7 years on the area to look for it cause it obviously isnt there :D

Well Mest and the council members present might know something, I do think if Mest is questioned he might help them get that info from the magic council, he did have a change of heart last arc and wanted to help FT. he might have gone through with the order of annihilating FT from the inside due to the council's pressure but I'm sure he'd be guilty of it.

sarutobi_sensei
October 09, 2011, 06:12 AM

They didn't say that they found it, they said that they detected the same Eterano Readings (whatever that is) just like 7 years ago.

MyuuMyuu
October 09, 2011, 06:24 AM
I have to say, this was a disappointing chapter..

and i don't buy the "They trained on the island for 7 years" .. would they just leave the rest of FT alone, well knowing the guild probably would go down? Knowing how much their friends which were left behind, would suffer believeing they were dead? If that's the case, i'm gonna puke ._.

but Bisca and forgot-his-name got married :D yay.

sarutobi_sensei
October 09, 2011, 06:34 AM
I have to say, this was a disappointing chapter..

and i don't buy the "They trained on the island for 7 years" .. would they just leave the rest of FT alone, well knowing the guild probably would go down? Knowing how much their friends which were left behind, would suffer believeing they were dead? If that's the case, i'm gonna puke ._.

but Bisca and forgot-his-name got married :D yay.

It's more likely that they couldn't leave the island until certain conditions were met or something.

kkck
October 09, 2011, 08:37 AM

I would think that what made the difference was that polyusca is not a member of fairy tail. She is merely a friend of makarov's. Without makarov, gildarts and the s-class mages makao is basically the most senior (and perhaps the strongest) mage left.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

About Makao as the 4th master, I'd say that Makao is quite strong in his right and is at least an A-class mage. Visca and Alzack are also A-class bordering on S-class. The only Macao decided not to wage a war with that guild, was because they already had problems with the Council. So he had to hold back and focus on missions.

A-class mage? Now you are just making stuff up lol. This reminded me about an x-men wiki which talked about alpha, beta and epsilon level mutants lol :p

I don't quite see what blue pegasus could have done to help fairy tail. Was fairy tail supposed to call and ask blue pegasus to beat the crap of the bullies who give fairy tail booboos? Lol no....

Anyways, as a guild fairy tail simply has too many issues. What happened was not limited to the loss of a few members. Evidently A LOT of people left after what happened at tenro island. Fairy tail used to be a large guild with a lot of talent. Now they are left with average and barely above average mages (with the probable exception of makao or his friend).

sarutobi_sensei
October 09, 2011, 08:42 AM
I would think that what made the difference was that polyusca is not a member of fairy tail. She is merely a friend of makarov's. Without makarov, gildarts and the s-class mages makao is basically the most senior (and perhaps the strongest) mage left.

Wasn't she part of Fairy Tail before?

Or was it anime only?

Either way, maybe she isn't there anymore. It was implied by herself that she isn't human when she said that she despises humans because they can't resolve anything without fighting. Well this could be only a point of view rather than her confirming that she is not a human.

On the anime iirc her voice was also used on Grandine's voice xD

Quantized
October 09, 2011, 10:50 AM
meh, what a silly transition chapter. Nothing unexpected or noteworthy, wake me up when some nice new character designs and such are introduced. The only think worth even mentioning is the lore/history of dragons in that book we saw... back to lurking and not reading other members posts

That's the traditional shounen time skip, this one is not similar to most other shounens, if any at all. This is why it's so exciting, even if it was a boring chapter, the chapter still prepared for something much bigger and potentially epic (:

In traditional shounen time skips, it's purely the characters that change, especially main characters. A cheap/fast shounen way to take a shut cut into something more interesting, rather than training arcs or boring base strength developments.

In this time skip, we're seemingly also getting the traditional, however in major addition, it seems that we're seeing the world change too!
This is the exciting part, the world is no more the same. The evil has prevailed..? Everything has changed by the looks of it.
This makes the time skip much more intelligent, much more impact, much more realistic, and on top of that, we're seeing what kind of world the evil wants, unlike other stereo type shounens, where evil is always defeated before it prevails... This is super boring, atleast in my eyes, and this is why my respect for Fairy Tail as a shounen has risen quite a lot, assuming this will hold true all the way! (:

Ifrit
October 09, 2011, 04:45 PM
It's more likely that they couldn't leave the island until certain conditions were met or something.

I agree...the idea of hiding and training doesn't make any sense....as much as I want them to look older...I have the feeling they won't...I think they are all put to sleep or something.....or sealed in some kind of spell...I think the one going to remove it is Romeo.

but Mashima is truly driving me crazy...there is enough mysteries as it is for this series don't add more ...
now we can add this 7 years skip ...and that girl on the island Q_Q

1337 haxor
October 09, 2011, 06:42 PM
I agree...the idea of hiding and training doesn't make any sense....as much as I want them to look older...I have the feeling they won't...I think they are all put to sleep or something.....or sealed in some kind of spell...I think the one going to remove it is Romeo.

but Mashima is truly driving me crazy...there is enough mysteries as it is for this series don't add more ...

As much as everyone is waiting for FT to come back older and stronger I think it is the best route for everybody to be just the same.

I mean, they were already too damn strong when they dissapeared and 7 years for those monsters would make all the world look puny.

That's it unless Mashima pulls out a lot of babies with Gray saying "7 YEAR IN AN ISLAND WITH NO BOOZE OR TELEVISION!!!".

That would break the boundaries of WUT?

Quantized
October 09, 2011, 07:49 PM
As much as everyone is waiting for FT to come back older and stronger I think it is the best route for everybody to be just the same.

I mean, they were already too damn strong when they dissapeared and 7 years for those monsters would make all the world look puny.

That's it unless Mashima pulls out a lot of babies with Gray saying "7 YEAR IN AN ISLAND WITH NO BOOZE OR TELEVISION!!!".

That would break the boundaries of WUT?

Think we're forgetting something important here though.

Remember that the magic world is not fully explored, Zeref is seemingly only one way to reach the source of all magic. When I read the "source of magic", I don't think about different spells, but, about the sheer amount of magical power and the ability to cast any magical spell existing.

Now right before the time skip, we also see the sheer power of Acknologia, who seemingly can blast entire continents in one blow.... So, how is Natsu gonna beat that thing...? or any dragon for that matter, if they're "this" powerful...? Potentially anyway, he's a dragon"slayer" afterall.
So in theory, he should be able to compete against a dragon, but if a dragon is this powerful...? It starts to create some scary thoughts.. :blink

I can't but help thinking it's impossible for them to have not grown in these 7 years, Fairy Tail is simply just a drop of water in a huge ocean in terms of power if you compare to what we just witnessed.

The magic world may not have seen the full potential of magic yet, from others than dragons, who seeming are the only ones right now cable of using magic to it's fullest.

Just saying, the magic world that we know might just be a baby step.
So much, that even Marakov is a complete novice in true magic, and he may find back to his place as a leader of Fairy Tail, realizing, he still has much to learn.

Just saying, the world is seemingly changing dramatically, and Fairy Tail has to follow, or it'll probably be the end of them (:

Bludvein
October 09, 2011, 09:05 PM
Well why would they be frozen or whatever? There is no reason to.

Also, from a story POV the idea is terrible. How can you say they were strong already when they were outclassed in pretty much every fight? It only gets worse from there. With Zeref and Acnologia out and about, their previous level just isn't going to cut it. There was no progression in power and minimal character development. Natsu was practically the exact same as when the series started. You can't write a story like that and expect it to still be interesting 200+ chapters later. If Natsu is the same I think I'll scream.

elitefox
October 09, 2011, 10:04 PM
Think we're forgetting something important here though.

Remember that the magic world is not fully explored, Zeref is seemingly only one way to reach the source of all magic. When I read the "source of magic", I don't think about different spells, but, about the sheer amount of magical power and the ability to cast any magical spell existing.

Now right before the time skip, we also see the sheer power of Acknologia, who seemingly can blast entire continents in one blow.... So, how is Natsu gonna beat that thing...? or any dragon for that matter, if they're "this" powerful...? Potentially anyway, he's a dragon"slayer" afterall.
So in theory, he should be able to compete against a dragon, but if a dragon is this powerful...? It starts to create some scary thoughts.. :blink

I can't but help thinking it's impossible for them to have not grown in these 7 years, Fairy Tail is simply just a drop of water in a huge ocean in terms of power if you compare to what we just witnessed.

The magic world may not have seen the full potential of magic yet, from others than dragons, who seeming are the only ones right now cable of using magic to it's fullest.

Just saying, the magic world that we know might just be a baby step.
So much, that even Marakov is a complete novice in true magic, and he may find back to his place as a leader of Fairy Tail, realizing, he still has much to learn.

Just saying, the world is seemingly changing dramatically, and Fairy Tail has to follow, or it'll probably be the end of them (:

I wonder what element is Anaclogia, we have seen different elements

Can natsu eat his too :eyeroll

ShoobyDooBop
October 09, 2011, 10:20 PM
A good start of an arc but at the same time I felt sad.

I'm so happy that Bisca and Alzack are now married. FINALLY!!! I would like to see how they confessed their feelings for each other and also their marriage.

I ain't surprised that Macao is the new GM. Funny thing is no one was right about their theory of Laxus, Gildarts, Mira or Erza being the next master. I was wrong as well.

I like the changes of their appearances. Laki and Bisca got hotter. Jet, Max, Alzack, Visitar, Reedus, Warren and Nab looks like they improved. Droy, how the hell would he fight now? And it's like all of them are feeling all kinds of negative emotions.

What the hell happened to the rest of the members? They are so few. FT had about 100 mages. If there is a reason why Macao doesn't want to fight back, I would like to know. Those guys doesn't even look strong. But we know who Natsu and the rest will demonstrate their improvements on. Some ppl are saying they were just asleep. What's the point of that? This timeskip is necessary for Natsu and the rest to grow/train. Especially Natsu, if he was just sleeping, then he might just defeat the upcoming big bosses with the so annoying hated nakama power up. With only nakama love you may end up like Fodder Tail.

Natsu and the rest better have a change of appearances because if they didn't, it would feel weird for the others since all of them have changed in these past seven years. It would feel like they are from the past.

Quantized
October 09, 2011, 10:48 PM

haha, If Natsu did that, I'd laugh my ass off, it'd be too much xD
But who knows what he is cable of after this time skip, assuming time wasn't frozen or something :o

mhmm about the elements, I'm pretty damn clueless from ideas.. maybe something like emptiness..?
but that is not really an element, rather like an anti-element... :blink

cutesherry
October 10, 2011, 01:01 AM
About the characters changing appearances, I'm not too sure about this to be sincere.

I am *very, VERY* curious to see their older selves, but we have to consider that in the shounen manga world, or just manga world in general, characters past 20 are already considered as 'old' and if they are nearing 30 they are full 'middle age' already and you see them already with kids or as teachers/masters etc...not as the 'youthful shounen hero' anymore. I know I am generalizing here and that there is a lot of everything out there, but I don't know how things would go with Natsu being 23-24 y.o. (and the other members being even older than that....several of them will be past 30)

Ifrit
October 10, 2011, 03:25 AM

For sure ...I think in the final battle Natsu Vs Acnologia

Gajeel + Wendy+ Laxus + Cobra + Zeref will give Natsu their power

then we will have = Metal Air Posion Lighting Darkness fire dragon slayer

which will force Acnologia to say his first words for humans ...and it will be " WTF"

Skyguardian
October 10, 2011, 04:02 AM
They didn't say that they found it, they said that they detected the same Eterano Readings (whatever that is) just like 7 years ago.

Eternano is the name of the Ocean around Tenroujouma.

Well It was a good chapter. Sad how Fairy tail was smashed to pieces but what did you expect? That every random Mage in FT now becomes as strong as gray or Natsu? Please...
Just wodnering. What happened to the old Fairy Tail Building. oO

Ifrit
October 10, 2011, 04:39 AM
old Fairy Tail Building. oO

I think each town decide which guild they want to represent them ( one of the reasons Jose was pissed because Phantom used to represent the whole country before Fairy Tail starts to shine)...from what Fairy Tail turned to be a weak guild without the popular mages used to belong to Fairy Tail.....this is why maybe Magnolia ditched them..

Skyguardian
October 10, 2011, 08:11 AM
I think each town decide which guild they want to represent them ( one of the reasons Jose was pissed because Phantom used to represent the whole country before Fairy Tail starts to shine)...from what Fairy Tail turned to be a weak guild without the popular mages used to belong to Fairy Tail.....this is why maybe Magnolia ditched them..

Yeah sure I could imagine that.
But I meant what was happening to their Building? I mean it was huge? Did Twilight Ogre snatch it? It does not look that way. Furthermore the "Building" where Fairy tail "lives" now seems kinda like Natsus House...

RaveDragon
October 10, 2011, 10:07 AM
Wasn't she part of Fairy Tail before?

Or was it anime only?

Either way, maybe she isn't there anymore. It was implied by herself that she isn't human when she said that she despises humans because they can't resolve anything without fighting. Well this could be only a point of view rather than her confirming that she is not a human.

On the anime iirc her voice was also used on Grandine's voice xD

Porylusca, I wonder how she is now, she might be helpful this arc as well, medical support i believe will be needed. An dyeah it was anime only =D it was never mentioned in the manga that she was with FT.
That's the traditional shounen time skip, this one is not similar to most other shounens, if any at all. This is why it's so exciting, even if it was a boring chapter, the chapter still prepared for something much bigger and potentially epic (:

In traditional shounen time skips, it's purely the characters that change, especially main characters. A cheap/fast shounen way to take a shut cut into something more interesting, rather than training arcs or boring base strength developments.

In this time skip, we're seemingly also getting the traditional, however in major addition, it seems that we're seeing the world change too!
This is the exciting part, the world is no more the same. The evil has prevailed..? Everything has changed by the looks of it.
This makes the time skip much more intelligent, much more impact, much more realistic, and on top of that, we're seeing what kind of world the evil wants, unlike other stereo type shounens, where evil is always defeated before it prevails... This is super boring, atleast in my eyes, and this is why my respect for Fairy Tail as a shounen has risen quite a lot, assuming this will hold true all the way! (:

It was an introductory chapter and it was necessary and tbh rather than boring it was informative and emotional at least to me it was.

i do agree with the rest of what you said, to top it off this time skip happens in a magical world so what happeed to the ones on the island is even more mysterious than any other timeskip character whatnot that actually happen. The element of magic is involved which might add a lot off things, it also gives mashima the time to decide if to keep his characters the same age as if they were asleep or trained, or older more mature and stronger. In this scenario whats exciting is that anything can happen. knowing Mashima its either very obvious but nicely done or totally unexpected like :jawdrop

We just have to be patient, Im pretty sure he's doing this so he cn start to work on the mysteries he has already delved in such as the dragons and Layla's involvement which i thin since we have seen both her and a real dragon in the last arc points to both their importance especially her knowledge she passed down to Lucy on the source of magic which now im beginning to think that the tenrou island arc was there just to bring these three things up
Yeah sure I could imagine that.
But I meant what was happening to their Building? I mean it was huge? Did Twilight Ogre snatch it? It does not look that way. Furthermore the "Building" where Fairy tail "lives" now seems kinda like Natsus House...

Probably they were thrown out with less and less people coming they couldnt manage such a big space

Anyway to me I think it's possible they were all asleep in somewhere and didnt age, if they got some info or whatnot it could have been given to them from the girl/Fairy/?.

Quantized
October 10, 2011, 03:47 PM
@RaveDragon
I do agree too that emotional chapters are important and needed (:
Just a bit hyped after all what happened, and it's a harsh time for emotions if you're hyped about what is gonna happen next, that's why I find it a bit boring right now xD

Patience really isn't of my strongest sides, I guess it's true that they say it comes with age.. xD

hmm the old Fairy Tail building huh.. seems like they either annihilated the old Fairy Tail building and builded theirs on the same spot, or remodelled the Fairy Tail building to their own taste...?
Can't remember how the old Fairy Tail building looks like exactly, might check later and drop some links for reference here while at it if I do check up, unless someone does it before me (:

Nonlife
October 10, 2011, 07:29 PM
Well, here's my opinion on the chapter:

1. I KNEW it was Romeo from the last chapter's cliffhanger (Congrats to everyone else who thought the same.)
2. ??? filling in as master makes sense, since I think he's the only remaining mage with the most experience.
3. Who didn't notice the change in Arsack & Biska's names? (I didn't; I was too engrossed with reaching the chapter's end.)

Now I hope we don't have to wait long before we see everyone else from FT. (I'm sure the question is in the back of everyone's mind: did they age during the 7 year timeskip, or were they mysteriously transported to the future in an instant?)

hmm the old Fairy Tail building huh.. seems like they either annihilated the old Fairy Tail building and builded theirs on the same spot, or remodelled the Fairy Tail building to their own taste...?
Can't remember how the old Fairy Tail building looks like exactly, might check later and drop some links for reference here while at it if I do check up, unless someone does it before me (:

I'm guessing even bills exist in a fantasy-filled world like FT. So, when the big jobs started going to the OTHER guild, the remaining members were eventually evicted when they couldn't meet their payment quota.

elitefox
October 10, 2011, 09:22 PM
But 7 years.. are they in sleep mode or something...

Or in another world or so that they can't get back?

Lee-tyme7
October 10, 2011, 09:39 PM
LOL Fairy Tail got reduced to Low level mages. Why? Because all the S class mages went to the island and they disappeared. What happen to the FT guild castle? no rent payment so they got evicted? I wanna see how Natsu and Happy's house is now maybe it's still standing or it's not there anymore. Lucy's apt was probably rented out by now lol.
This chapter was slow I would of prefer the chapter started out where they left off getting blasted by the black dragon and show where everyone landed and where have they been for the past 7 years.

Ifrit
October 11, 2011, 01:16 AM
This chapter was slow I would of prefer the chapter started out where they left off getting blasted by the black dragon and show where everyone landed and where have they been for the past 7 years.

I agree...I wish things started with where they are now....but this introduction of how Fairy Tail becomes without the Key members must be done....I don't think we will get to see them in the next chapter either maybe the one after.

How come there was no Title given for the next chapter ?

I think the key of all answers and mysteries in Fairy Tail is here, but no1 noticed.....
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6406/93859632.png

MechR
October 11, 2011, 04:28 AM
Well why would they be frozen or whatever? There is no reason to.Because 7 years is hella long for a timeskip that happened so suddenly, to the point that they'd practically be different characters. It'd be alienating, and a lazy substitute for actual, incremental character development. I would much rather they come out the same, with the possibility of onscreen growth in a more dangerous world.

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Eternano is the name of the Ocean around Tenroujouma.No, "Ethernanos" are magic particles of some sort. The term was used a few times by Council personnel when Aetherion was fired back in chapter 94.

kidopitz27
October 11, 2011, 05:11 AM
is the FT's guild house is the same as the Ft's guild house on the alternate world?

Franklyn D. Kieran
October 11, 2011, 08:28 AM
That's not entirely true, what about Son Goku? He was a shounen Hero into his forties! and Lets not forget some of the main cast of One Piece are now in their twenties and over, so it wouldn't be too surprising if they did age, in my opinion anyway : )

sarutobi_sensei
October 11, 2011, 01:34 PM
Well yeah but with Goku we saw him as a 11/12 year old kid, and as time progresses we later see him at 18 years old by the time he fights Piccolo Junior and then 23 at the start of Z. When he dies against Raditz and then comes back against Vegeta and Nappa, another year passes (24). By the time of his return to the earth he was 26. After that 3 years pass and he's 30 when fighting Cell, because of the year in the hyperbolic time chamber. Then he dies and returns after 7 years and returns being 36 (physically 28 because he was dead). And then at the end of DBZ he's 46 year old, physically 38) because of all the time he was dead.

So basically, we saw hi grow, and the timeskips were very noticeable with all characters.

In this case we're kinda used to see 15 or 18 year olds fighting, we're talking about them radically changing. With Goku we saw him for 6 years being basically the same, then on Z he keeps the same appearance with bigger muscles and better defined. But it was too much a difference from his 15 year old form xD

Anyway, like I said before, I dunno if they'll be older or not, but I don't think they will.

Krono
October 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
I'm guessing even bills exist in a fantasy-filled world like FT. So, when the big jobs started going to the OTHER guild, the remaining members were eventually evicted when they couldn't meet their payment quota.

Bills specifically do exist in Fairy Tail's world. From Natsu mentioning in the second chapter that he needed to take a job to afford food, to the question of rent coming up a few times, to Macao's profile mentioning him disliking his loan (aka, the loan for his house).

So it follows that the guild would have operating expenses (particularly given they had to rebuild the guild hall completely just a few months before everyone disappeared) and that without sufficient work, they'd eventually be unable to meet them, and have to make some sacrifices in order to cut expenses.

Which of course leads to the situation of this chapter where Macao apparently had to borrow money for operating expenses, but was stuck begging to an extension of the repayment deadline. Which of course also required Fairy Tail to not beat the crap out of the Twilight Ogre guys even though they were plenty willing to when Macao was kicked over.

k0dach1
October 14, 2011, 03:36 AM
I seriously think that Tenrou Island just appears every 7 years. Say hello again to FT main cast.

Darjaille
October 14, 2011, 06:41 AM
I seriously think that Tenrou Island just appears every 7 years. Say hello again to FT main cast.

I agree. I'm thinking about, those 7 years between, is it frozen in time, or it's in different world or it's just invisible and impossible to get away? That's what really matters IMO, because others did get older, hence it would be weird if Natsu & co. were the same. But to think of them as 25yrs old is... well, weird.

Thuwa25
October 14, 2011, 09:32 AM
i sure hope that natsu and co will do a guild beatdown on the twilight ogre guild.... and perhaps macao quits as master. But to be honest i agree with Darjaille it gonna be weird.