PDA

View Full Version : Uganda ! Where is that

k-dom
October 04, 2011, 01:24 AM
Hello everyone,
scav (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/67511-playing-gears-of-war-3) asked me to start a thread and, since I am a good boy, I comply :-)

So I'm a French guy fan of comics who discovered manga after a travel to Japan. And here is the best place to discover and discuss them.
I'm currently working in Bremen in Germany and have a hard time because my german is not really good and does not seem to improve fast (maybe I should read scan in german...), but well I like bier, so I'm not that much unhappy :-)

Nanoi
October 04, 2011, 12:53 PM
With an old account? That's pretty odd, lol.

Any who, welcome to MH. ;D

Bugzee
October 04, 2011, 08:20 PM
k-dom!!!

So happy you made a thread! How have you been? :hi5

So when you went over to Japan what were some of the first manga titles you picked up!? Obviously, besides One Piece. xP
Favourite colour?
Do you miss France? lolz 8D

k-dom
October 13, 2011, 02:02 PM
With an old account? That's pretty odd, lol.

Any who, welcome to MH. ;D
Yeah I guess I shall be the one to greet you :-)
How do you like MH so far ?

k-dom!!!
So happy you made a thread! How have you been? :hi5

I will visit yours sometime...

So when you went over to Japan what were some of the first manga titles you picked up!? Obviously, besides One Piece. xP

A that time, I knew little about manga (mostly Tanigushi which is widely praised in France, HxH, Monster). In fact I watched mainly anime (Miyazaki movies, GTO, One Piece, Evangelion...) . It's when I returned that I started to read the scans and found MH.

Favourite colour?
I'm not sure, maybe orange

Do you miss France? lolz 8D
Of course ! But Germany is not that bad, I mainly miss my friends.

---------- Post added October 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was October 05, 2011 at 08:57 PM ----------

Est ce que c'est mauvais gout si je mets ça en signature quelques jours ?

http://www.labandepasdessinee.com/bpd/wp-content/uploads/367-docteur-johnson-11.png (http://www.labandepasdessinee.com/bpd/)

---------- Post added October 13, 2011 at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM ----------

All 24 Tintins in one minute :

http://vimeo.com/30402976

Bugzee
October 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
OMG! Tintin! Holy crap, I haven't seen that in god knows how long. :zomg I love the intro. :amuse Back then, children would actually learn something informative from cartoons but today...they're all rubbish. I feel sorry for today's children. D:

k-dom, was tintin your favourite cartoon? =)

k-dom
October 14, 2011, 01:24 AM
I find this montage video awesome! It's funny to try to recognize the characters and the episode it took place
To be honest, I read the comics before the cartoon starts. Tintin is quite one of the compulsory comics when you are a French teen :-)
And also it's far from my favorite BD (short for bande dessinnée), I acknowledge why it is popular.
The cartoon was really well made and I like the opening too. I think it was displayed in the evening, before children go to bed. At the same spot of the Lucky Lucke (which are kinda similar)
Yeah nowadays, the cartoon are a bit all the same and a bit too flashy for my taste. I understand why children turn towards anime :-))

So what about this invasion of Happy sig ? Did something happen in the FF ?

Zeltrax
October 14, 2011, 06:56 PM
Hey there K-dom! Oh wow, I almost called you kdowns there <_<
I was wondering why you didn't have a thread and now that you do..time to spam post high quality questions.
What's the last anime you enjoyed? Your favorite one?

k-dom
October 26, 2011, 01:18 AM
Yeah kdowns is much more active than myself in these part of the site :-)
At first, I didn't go much outside of the One Piece section. Then when the Manhwa section was created, the people there are much more active in the FF and member sections. That's how I met scav and when he demand me to start a thread, I used it as an excuse :-)

Concerning the anime, I was a bit on hold recently. I don't now really why but I really don't enjoy that much anymore series I have read the manga. So I only watched Gintama since it has restarted. Last week, I had a look to the summer and fall new series. I watched a few episode of Usagi Drop which I like so far, and I will restart Natsume Yuujinchou. I've watched the first episode of N°6 too.
What about you anything you would recommend ?

As for my favorite ones, it's the Miyasaki of course :-) I like that the japanese keep the 2D method and not all switch to 3D like Pixar and Disney. In fact the american cartoons I like the most are from Tim Burton and Bill Plympton (on a completely different style)

---------- Post added October 22, 2011 at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2011 at 08:07 AM ----------

Back to France for the week-end. A breakfeast with coffee and a real croissant is so so good !

---------- Post added October 26, 2011 at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was October 22, 2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

APPLE I HÂTE YOU

Zeltrax
October 26, 2011, 08:59 PM
You hate apples? Wait..what why :blink
Are you up to date with gintama? I like the new opening and the new episode about the funeral got me laughing so hard.
The so far so good(or even better) series this season are Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown.
and also p4a. I'm not sure about the rest tho but Phi brain has been rather cliche and not as great.
Un-Go is good too but people say that it is rushed but who's to blame? There's only 11 episode for bones to squeeze.

Back to france? Don't you live in france :headscratch

Ustegius
October 28, 2011, 02:58 AM
Oh, you've made a thread. Awesome :nod

You have excellent taste when it comes to comics. I've yet to check many you have recommended on the International Comics section, but I intend to, there were a couple extremely interesting ones. Too bad it is some what hard to get your hands on french/southern european comics here...

Loved The Tintin video. Well made, summarizes the essential and most memorable parts of the stories perfectly. :zomg

k-dom
October 29, 2011, 04:19 AM
You hate apples? Wait..what why :blink

:-) I hate this kind of apple
http://blog.appsteur.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/apple-logo-300x287.jpg

Are you up to date with gintama? I like the new opening and the new episode about the funeral got me laughing so hard.
The so far so good(or even better) series this season are Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown.
and also p4a. I'm not sure about the rest tho but Phi brain has been rather cliche and not as great.
Un-Go is good too but people say that it is rushed but who's to blame? There's only 11 episode for bones to squeeze.

I'm a little behind in gintama, but your post makes me want to watch them. Especially now that we are in the non scanlated part, I enjoy watching them even more. And yes Gintama opening are always great, the other day I watched the episode of One Piece post time-skip and I wonder myself. Why can't they ask Gintama anime staff advice to make something good !
I watched 2 episodes of Phi brain but I'm not enthrilled, N°6 was also a bit cliche and rushed. As for the first episode of Un-Go, it seems like it was a season 2, i agree with those who said it was rushed. But I really liked Natsume Yuujinchou, I'm happy they are making new episode in January. It reminds me a bit of Mushishi, a sloow pace but nice little stories.

Back to france? Don't you live in france :headscratch
This year I work in Bremen in Germany, though I shall return to France soon

Oh, you've made a thread. Awesome :nod

You have excellent taste when it comes to comics. I've yet to check many you have recommended on the International Comics section, but I intend to, there were a couple extremely interesting ones. Too bad it is some what hard to get your hands on french/southern european comics here...

Loved The Tintin video. Well made, summarizes the essential and most memorable parts of the stories perfectly. :zomg

Oh I'm happy at least one person liked them. Did you know about some of them already ? I have found some of them translated in German at the library so I make my roommates discover some good titles I like. If you know about good Spanish authors, I would be happy to look at them. I love Blacksad (http://www.dargaud.com/blacksad,212/), but I'm not sure if they write them in French or in Spanish first.

Concerning Tintin, I love the video too, sadly from what I have heard, it may be even better than the film itself

Ustegius
October 29, 2011, 04:46 AM
Knew few, Manu Larcenet (visited Finnish comic event, so that is why), Nicolas de Crecy (saw a cool drawing somewehre, and find out it was by him. Understood he worked with Chomet on Belleville Triplets?). Also knew some of the classics you mentioned in the favorite thread. Haven't read much european comics, but that works as a great reference next time at local comic con.

And yeah, Blacksad is awesome. :nod

k-dom
October 29, 2011, 05:30 AM
Actually my avatar is from de Crecy :-)

goldb
October 30, 2011, 06:48 AM
Salut grenouille!!! :3

Finally made a thread. How's Bremen? and what is your job role?

And if you haven't seen Tintin yet, make sure to watch it. But not in german, English or french :thumbs it's awesome, you won't regret it. Captain Haddock is pure win.

Remnant
October 30, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi there. Welcome to MH. I'm new and all I can say to you is that I'm jeeeeealous. >.< Japan may not be great as how I might make it to be, but I just want to go there and see some stuff. I just want to see how popular anime and manga is there or the feel of holding manga. I haven't actually held one; I can't buy one! T.T

k-dom
November 02, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hi there. Welcome to MH. I'm new and all I can say to you is that I'm jeeeeealous. >.< Japan may not be great as how I might make it to be, but I just want to go there and see some stuff. I just want to see how popular anime and manga is there or the feel of holding manga. I haven't actually held one; I can't buy one! T.T

Yeah Japan was really a great holiday and it's not as expensive as the rumor says. But it's true that it can be hard without someone speaking japanese. That was what miss us the most there.
And concerning the manga, in the few bookstore I have tries a lot of them are under plastic cover so it is not that easy to read them :-(

Salut grenouille!!! :3

Finally made a thread. How's Bremen? and what is your job role?

And if you haven't seen Tintin yet, make sure to watch it. But not in german, English or french :thumbs it's awesome, you won't regret it. Captain Haddock is pure win.

Bremen is pretty nice at the moment, the weather is not too cold and we start to have nice fall tree colors. During the last 2 weeks there the Freimark one of the greatest park in the area. It was fun. I'm waiting for the Christmas market now, their Glühwein (vin chaud) is delicious
As for the job, I'm working for EADS. Doing simulations for a spacecraft validation.

goldb
November 02, 2011, 03:23 PM
All I read from that was "spacecraft" :blai Sounds like a pretty demanding job I'm guessing.....

We get a German market here in Birmingham sometime this month, in preparation for Christmas; it's one of the highlights of living in this city. It's absolutely amazing!

Are you up to date with OP?

Zeltrax
November 03, 2011, 06:07 AM
Oh yeah, the manga. They aren't open and its hard to read and if you can't understand japanese
you won't know the content..just like me when I visited taiwan, I went to a book filled with jap mags and other artbooks..
had no idea what to get with my budget.
And wow, 4.30 is already dark over there? Sg never exp things like this but from my trip to taiwan the night there is around late 5 or something, that's the first time I experienced such an early night.

How much is a trip to japan anyways :blink

Natsume Yuujinchou, I'm happy they are making new episode in January. It reminds me a bit of Mushishi, a sloow pace but nice little stories.
Need to watch this two.

lawlett-kun
November 03, 2011, 10:36 PM
*invades the thread* hey k-dom how are you> Oh wait nice to meet you :XD I luv ur avy :XD

k-dom
November 23, 2011, 04:32 PM
Argh somemanga is down once again, I guess the number of my manga reading will decrease. Well that will give me time to prepare my week end in Berlin. 4 days, I hope the weather will get better soon. If some of the German members have piece of advise concerning the capital, I'm interested :-)

scav
November 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
oh j'avais pas vu que t'avais fait un thread. c'est bien :super
Je savais que t'avais été au Japon, la chance putin. alors et les japonaises? raconte :plot

k-dom
January 14, 2012, 06:36 AM
Damn I have to rant about these awards. Honestly 24 over 20. Have the one who voted ever read Nausicaa ! It's Miyazaki we are talking about, against a manga without even a proper end.
And what about the Female lead results, it's ridiculous.
Well, I guess Nausicaa is too old and not really famous any more as it should be. Quite a shame for the manga.

Now that was a long time since I've not posted here. In between I left Germany and move back to Paris. I missed the MH new year though.
It's quite nice to be back after a year. Bremen was a good experience but I missed being home.

@scav
Honnêtement dès qu'elles ont un kimono, les japonaises sont à craquer. Sinon leur goût vestimentaire et un peu différent du notre et ça fait drôle au début. Il faudra que tu y ailles par toi même un jour. Le Japon est vraiment super pour des vacances.

Teubier
January 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
Damn I have to rant about these awards. Honestly 24 over 20. Have the one who voted ever read Nausicaa ! It's Miyazaki we are talking about, against a manga without even a proper end.

N'est-ce pas. Time took its toll on good taste and common sense, le bougre.

Well, I guess Nausicaa is too old and not really famous any more as it should be. Quite a shame for the manga.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ioJiaB8o0

Bremen was a good experience but I missed being home.
:blink Romio Kasuga ?

@scav
Honnêtement dès qu'elles ont un kimono, les japonaises sont à craquer. Sinon leur goût vestimentaire et un peu différent du notre et ça fait drôle au début. Il faudra que tu y ailles par toi même un jour. Le Japon est vraiment super pour des vacances.
Tout à fait d'accord, d'autant plus avec ta dernière phrase. Pas évident du tout pour que ça n'en devienne pas trop coûteux par contre (enfin, ça dépend où on place le curseur).

Zeltrax
January 15, 2012, 01:10 AM
Lol k-dom, it happens all the time.
Mainstream stuff aren't exactly the best stuff :( but you know..the more famous a series the better.
It's not like naucissa isn't famous but I guess not as new. I'm planning to read it soon :p just so you know, i don't think i voted
for that category. I didn't even finish psyren and I read it till the climax and gave up on it .

might be late, but happy new year! Had a nice one I hope?

goldb
January 15, 2012, 03:19 AM
You come back to Paris too late now Dom, you missed us :notrust but I hope you enjoyed Bremen and picked up some valuable experience and had fun during your stay there.

k-dom
January 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
:blink Romio Kasuga ?

No Bremen in Germany, I was there for a year for my job. I have not read the manga yet, is it good ?
The good thing with being back is that I can read manga directly in French :-). I finished Homunculus (well not really the end I expected but I guess the manga was unconventional from the start. And I see that Soil is released really fast so I won't have to wait for the scanlations :-)

Tout à fait d'accord, d'autant plus avec ta dernière phrase. Pas évident du tout pour que ça n'en devienne pas trop coûteux par contre (enfin, ça dépend où on place le curseur).
Le Japon n'est pas si cher que ça au final (Bon pour un budget d'étudiant peut être que si). Mais si tu pars en groupe, c'est assez facile de trouver des hôtels pas trop cher bien et la bouffe est donnée si tu ne manges pas des sushis et des barbec tous les jours. Ils ont un super reseau de transport en commun donc pas besoin de louer une voiture (surtout qu'avec la conduite à gauche et les panneaux en Japonais ça doit pas être facile)

Lol k-dom, it happens all the time.
Mainstream stuff aren't exactly the best stuff :( but you know..the more famous a series the better.
It's not like naucicaa isn't famous but I guess not as new. I'm planning to read it soon :p just so you know, i don't think i voted
for that category. I didn't even finish psyren and I read it till the climax and gave up on it .

might be late, but happy new year! Had a nice one I hope?

Oh yes, I only said it in the French thread sorry. Happy new year everyone (In France you can do it till January 31th :-)

You come back to Paris too late now Dom, you missed us :notrust but I hope you enjoyed Bremen and picked up some valuable experience and had fun during your stay there.
Yep, I drank all the Gluhwein and Biers I could before I left :-)

Teubier
January 16, 2012, 07:52 AM
No Bremen in Germany, I was there for a year for my job. I have not read the manga yet, is it good ?
The good thing with being back is that I can read manga directly in French :-). I finished Homunculus (well not really the end I expected but I guess the manga was unconventional from the start. And I see that Soil is released really fast so I won't have to wait for the scanlations :-)
Ahah I was joking about Bremen (I did read your topic), but yeah imho it's a good shônen, so are Hareluya & Hareluya II Boy from the same mangaka (Countach seems good too). Mostly fun, good characters and impressive main protagonists, and H.Umezawa's drawing style is quite effective, action wise, imho.
Already finished Homunculus ! You are fast ! :D
Btw, thanks again for mentioning Soil in the Awards, I've only read the first chapter so far but I feel that it will be a great read. I like it when both worlds (manga & BD) seem to merge like that.

Le Japon n'est pas si cher que ça au final (Bon pour un budget d'étudiant peut être que si). Mais si tu pars en groupe, c'est assez facile de trouver des hôtels pas trop cher bien et la bouffe est donnée si tu ne manges pas des sushis et des barbec tous les jours. Ils ont un super reseau de transport en commun donc pas besoin de louer une voiture (surtout qu'avec la conduite à gauche et les panneaux en Japonais ça doit pas être facile)
Ouais, c'est sur que comparé aux tarifs des hôtels en France, aux tarifs des transports, c'est souvent (un peu) moins cher pour mieux (même beaucoup mieux en terme de qualité de service). Et la boustifaille en convini c'est tout à fait raisonnable, à part tester des restaurants chaque jour/soir, ça reste faisable. En fait, ce à quoi je pensais surtout c'est les dépenses annexes, tous les petits cadeaux qu'il pourrait être agréable et/ou nécessaire de ramener, et puis surtout pour celui qui attend ce voyage depuis longtemps, y a moyen de rentrer dans un état de frénésie consommatrice. Les deux fois c'est ce qui m'a explosé le budget. La première fois, j'ai lâché près de 500 000 yens en deux semaines, dont 60% de dépenses 'dispensables'. C'était un peu plus raisonnable la deuxième fois (~250 000 yens dont 40% de d.d., encore deux semaines sur place), mais c'est vraiment pas évident de contraindre le budget global simplement à la nourriture, aux transports, au logement et à quelques excursions touristiques.
Quand j'étais étudiant, ça me paraissait quasiment impossible d'y aller financièrement parlant, c'était une impression justifiée en fonction de mon caractère.
Pour un voyage qui n'est pas uniquement lié à des vacances par contre, il est parfaitement possible de s'en tirer avec un budget raisonnable, mais reste encore le prix des billets d'avions...

Si c'est pas trop indiscret, t'étais sur quel coin au japon ?

k-dom
January 16, 2012, 08:28 AM
Ahah I was joking about Bremen (I did read your topic), but yeah imho it's a good shônen, so are Hareluya & Hareluya II Boy from the same mangaka (Countach seems good too). Mostly fun, good characters and impressive main protagonists, and H.Umezawa's drawing style is quite effective, action wise, imho.
Already finished Homunculus ! You are fast ! :D
Btw, thanks again for mentioning Soil in the Awards, I've only read the first chapter so far but I feel that it will be a great read. I like it when both worlds (manga & BD) seem to merge like that.

To be honest I started with the scan so it was only the last 2 volumes left :-)
As for Soil, it's really a great discovery (well Kotonoha makes a great job concerning non mainstream series. I thank them, Hox and Mangascreener to exist). I'm trying not to read it to fast so that I don't have to wait for the next chapters... But it seems we are lucky since Ankama is doing a super fast release (http://recherche.fnac.com/ia919902/Atsuhi-Kaneko). I guess, I don't mind them selling tons of Dofus if it makes them take nice titles like that one. And you're right, the format is indeed typical of a BD and the art reminds me of Marc Antoine Mathieu which is one of my favorite author.
And thanks for the suggestion I will try to have a look at it

Ouais, c'est sur que comparé aux tarifs des hôtels en France, aux tarifs des transports, c'est souvent (un peu) moins cher pour mieux (même beaucoup mieux en terme de qualité de service). Et la boustifaille en convini c'est tout à fait raisonnable, à part tester des restaurants chaque jour/soir, ça reste faisable. En fait, ce à quoi je pensais surtout c'est les dépenses annexes, tous les petits cadeaux qu'il pourrait être agréable et/ou nécessaire de ramener, et puis surtout pour celui qui attend ce voyage depuis longtemps, y a moyen de rentrer dans un état de frénésie consommatrice. Les deux fois c'est ce qui m'a explosé le budget. La première fois, j'ai lâché près de 500 000 yens en deux semaines, dont 60% de dépenses 'dispensables'. C'était un peu plus raisonnable la deuxième fois (~250 000 yens dont 40% de d.d., encore deux semaines sur place), mais c'est vraiment pas évident de contraindre le budget global simplement à la nourriture, aux transports, au logement et à quelques excursions touristiques.
Quand j'étais étudiant, ça me paraissait quasiment impossible d'y aller financièrement parlant, c'était une impression justifiée en fonction de mon caractère.
Pour un voyage qui n'est pas uniquement lié à des vacances par contre, il est parfaitement possible de s'en tirer avec un budget raisonnable, mais reste encore le prix des billets d'avions...

Si c'est pas trop indiscret, t'étais sur quel coin au japon ?

Aha, tu me rappelles mon meilleur pote qui s'est complétement lâché. Moi je suis toujours trop sage sur les souvenirs. Du coup c'est vrai que je n'ai pas pris ça en compte dans le budget...
On est parti à 5 pendant 3 semaines en Octobre. Météo de dingue : soleil tout le temps. On a bien préparé tout avant du coup, y'avait pas trop de place à l'improvisation mais pour un premier contact c'était vraiment super et au final je trouve qu'on s'en ai bien sorti.
On a fait :
Tokyo (plus une journée à Nikko), Mont Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Shikoku, Kyushu (Beppu, Mont Aso, Nagasaki), Miyajima, un petit tour dans les alpes japonaise près de Nagano, Tokyo... si si c'est possible en 3 semaines :-))

Teubier
January 16, 2012, 09:17 AM
Aha, tu me rappelles mon meilleur pote qui s'est complétement lâché. Moi je suis toujours trop sage sur les souvenirs. Du coup c'est vrai que je n'ai pas pris ça en compte dans le budget...
On est parti à 5 pendant 3 semaines en Octobre. Météo de dingue : soleil tout le temps. On a bien préparé tout avant du coup, y'avait pas trop de place à l'improvisation mais pour un premier contact c'était vraiment super et au final je trouve qu'on s'en ai bien sorti.
On a fait :
Tokyo (plus une journée à Nikko), Mont Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Shikoku, Kyushu (Beppu, Mont Aso, Nagasaki), Miyajima, un petit tour dans les alpes japonaise près de Nagano, Tokyo... si si c'est possible en 3 semaines :-))
Ça a beaucoup d'avantages de bien préparer le voyage, ne serait-ce que pour bourlinguer dans autant de lieux différents, comme vous l'avez fait. C'est un truc qui m'aurait plu mais les deux fois c'était pas vraiment l'état d'esprit de la majorité de mes compagnons de routes, plutôt adeptes de la relaxation peinarde en terres connues. Ce qui peut avoir du bon cela dit. La meilleure journée que j'ai passée la première fois c'était une journée à la mer, à Unoke (Nord/Nord-est de Kanazawa où on est resté une semaine). Ligne de train magnifique, quasiment Miyazakesque avec les plantes et la rouille, le bourg l'était tout autant avec ses maisonnées typiques et leurs arbres/jardins parfaitement entretenus, le petit temple shintoïste local, et puis l'arrivée sur la plage... :hee Pour un méditerranéen dans l'âme c'était quand même le panard.

Vous avez fait un sacré tour quand même ! :blink Forcément avec le JR Pass, sinon ça aurait fait une note salé de transports.

Bon Tokyo c'était pas ma tasse de thé (pas fanatique des environnements trop urbains), mais Kyushu c'était sublime (hôtel pas loin de la gare d'Hakata). Le trajet en train (ligne Kagome si mes souvenirs sont bons) pour aller à Nagasaki, avec toute la partie qui longe la mer d'Ariake... :hee
Par contre on s'est pointé à Beppu un jeudi, sur le chemin qu'on a fait y avait aucun onsen d'ouvert... :fail
Mais superbe coin aussi, surtout ensoleillé. Et pis les locaux sont vraiment à la cool. La statue du Shiny Uncle à la gare ! :XD
Très important le soleil aussi, vous avez été assez chanceux sur le coup, ou alors Octobre est un très bon mois.

J'arrête là mon enflammade, scusi :D

k-dom
January 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
On a vécu un peu ça à Shikoku. Les trajets en trains étaient longs mais il y a eu des moments inoubliables comme quand une guêpe est entrée dans le wagon et que le conducteur a arrêté le train pour l'ecraser avec sa chaussure : véridique. A Kochi on a pu se baigner. J'aurai jamais cru, mi octobre la mer était encore à plus de 20°. Je ne sais pas à Unoke, mais la encore ce fut le choc culturel. On était tout seul sur la plage. Les seuls japonaises qu'on a rencontrées avaient des manches longues et des ombrelles alors que nous on été en maillot de bain en train de se baigner. Et partout le long de la plage des haut-parleurs qui diffusaient de la musique d’ascenseur.... surréaliste

J'ai adoré Kyushu, je suis bien content qu'on ai pu allé jusque là. à Hakata, on a testé l'hôtel capsule (bon, ça va pour une nuit)
Il parait que la cote ouest du Japon est très belle, ça sera pour un 2è voyage.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

J'adore :
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6673602675_5ce18a8877_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6673464279_c34556f361_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6673462591_06f822ee99_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7147/6673464559_b64e4d0526_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7175/6673464863_29955f3b83_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7152/6673462991_4abcf87349_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6673465167_63a6c62103_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6673463221_33777993a8_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6673465469_798b29c0b0_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7022/6673465787_668ec4eff4_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6673466157_2c9404fa4d_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6673463995_bc65010e1b_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7155/6673463559_5a7a543d5e_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7025/6673466427_4c3491434b_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7145/6673463707_842af7646a_o.jpg

La source c'est ici (http://tumourrasmoinsbete.blogspot.com/2012/01/mardi-cest-emi.html)

Googlez_kun
January 17, 2012, 04:20 PM
And what about the Female lead results, it's ridiculous.

Now that was a long time since I've not posted here. In between I left Germany and move back to Paris. I missed the MH new year though.
It's quite nice to be back after a year. Bremen was a good experience but I missed being home.

@scav
Yeah,it's ludicrous.Nausicaä,while having its share of flaws,is a masterpiece.Comparing Psyren with it was almost rude.
Another thing is when I see Guts compared to Raki....it's sad,really.

On another note,you were in Berlin?D:
How'd you like it?

k-dom
February 09, 2012, 01:00 PM

I started Boy, it's indeed a good shonen so far. All the clichés are there but I don't mind when it's effective. And I love the frying pan move :-)
But the best with old manga is to see the nostalgic old technologies. Mobile phone the size of a talkie walkie in particular (oui je sais on dit pas talkie walkie en anglais mais j'ai la flemme de chercher)

Yeah,it's ludicrous.Nausicaä,while having its share of flaws,is a masterpiece.Comparing Psyren with it was almost rude.
Another thing is when I see Guts compared to Raki....it's sad,really.

On another note,you were in Berlin?D:
How'd you like it?

Yes but it was just for a long week-end. So I mainly did tourists stuff :-) But the christmas markets were great in particular the one in front of charlotenburg schloss.

---------- Post added January 21, 2012 at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was January 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM ----------

I started Boy, it's indeed a good shonen so far. All the clichés are there but I don't mind when it's effective. And I love the frying pan move :-)

In fact the chapters bonus are almost the most funny part
http://img.batoto.com/comics/2012/01/19/h/read4f1895ff7ce9f/img000021.png

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

So it seems now almost official, my favorite manga reader is down... forever.
Thank you Somemanga, it was fun, I understood the meaning of trolling thanks to you !

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Pfff is there a way to prevent auto merging ?

Teubier
February 09, 2012, 01:11 PM
I don't think there is unfortunately, it bothers me a bit in my thread too.
I didn't know about Somemanga's existence, but RIP anyway. What happened to it ?

k-dom
February 09, 2012, 01:22 PM
It's difficult to know, the site coder was not very talkative (that may explain why it ends). Some server issue from what I understood and a mysterious IP ban...
That was a very good reader with 3 modes of lecture, several translations available for series which had them. A clever management of favorites and the stupidest community ever. The chatbox was a pretty entertaining reading.

That reminds me I have to watch the Fort Boyaux video in you thread :-)

Teubier
February 09, 2012, 01:34 PM
From how you depicted it, it seems like it combined pleasure & utility very well. An useful management of the favourites is something to be praised too. It's a shame.

k-dom
March 06, 2012, 05:15 PM
I bought tome 4 of Yotsuba which was out of print until recently.
I started to reread it in the bus, and everyone looked at me when I couldn't laugh silently... But who cares !

---------- Post added March 02, 2012 at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was February 14, 2012 at 09:17 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeZAeO5evqA

---------- Post added March 06, 2012 at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was March 02, 2012 at 10:46 PM ----------

http://english.bouletcorp.com/2012/03/05/
http://english.bouletcorp.com/files/2012/03/EN-Leopoldsedar01.jpg
http://english.bouletcorp.com/files/2012/03/EN-Leopoldsedar02.jpg

Teubier
March 08, 2012, 01:34 AM
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2012/03/05/
Thanks a lot for this link k-dom, there are gems in it (I especially liked the drawing of "Hotline" on march 3rd). :nod

k-dom
March 08, 2012, 03:33 AM
Yes I'm a big fan of him, so since he has started to translate his notes in English I try to advertise him. It's not so often that you have legal scanlation :-)

Teubier
March 08, 2012, 12:49 PM
By the way k-dom, I forgot to add it to my earlier post, but if you have some links of blogs or other websites where you yourself search for music/follow some musical artists, I'd be very interested in learning about these. :nod

Santé au passage! :beer Elle est vraiment très bonne la 3 Monts! Si tu as des conseils avisés en matière de bière aussi je suis preneur. :nod Bon, dans la limite de ce qui peut se trouver en grande surface bien sur, ou alors des adresses sur Paris peut-être ?

k-dom
March 09, 2012, 05:49 AM
Well I'm not a music expert like you. So I don't have many blogs, I will have a look to the links you provided though (thanks again).
The only one I'm looking at is à l'écoute (http://www.alecoute.net/), but it's because a friend of mine write articles in it :-). There is also this classic music blog : http://djac.baweur.over-blog.com/. Well the humor is easy, but it's nice to have an expert look on this music without being to technical.
Otherwise I mainly hear music through the radio. I love FIP since it has a large variety of music style (and no adds!!)

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

And I don't think i can hear something like that anywhere else :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCFVBSTfNQY

k-dom
April 16, 2012, 02:30 AM
I wonder if the "gobage de flamby" is an international sport.
It seems there is not tag that allow direct viewing for swf :-(
Français (http://lesiteamalec.com/blog/flamby.swf)
English (http://lesiteamalec.com/blog/flambyenglish.swf)
source (http://leblogamalec.blogspot.fr/2011/11/flamby.html)

goldb
April 16, 2012, 03:57 AM
I wonder if the "gobage de flamby" is an international sport.
It seems there is not tag that allow direct viewing for swf :-(
Français (http://lesiteamalec.com/blog/flamby.swf)
English (http://lesiteamalec.com/blog/flambyenglish.swf)
source (http://leblogamalec.blogspot.fr/2011/11/flamby.html)

That was awesome lol, I'd never heard of Gobage de Flamby as a sport but I'll check it out.

k-dom
April 16, 2012, 05:37 AM
It's more a drink contest than a sport :-)
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of video on youtube

goldb
April 16, 2012, 05:51 AM
You mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu07Fz4hO1Q&feature=fvwp

k-dom
April 16, 2012, 06:09 AM
That's it. I think it can be considered as a sport, he look pretty tired at the end...
Have you got something similar by yours ?

goldb
April 16, 2012, 06:13 AM
That's it. I think it can be considered as a sport, he look pretty tired at the end...
Have you got something similar by yours ?

Not that I know of or have seen. I'll try and see if there's any. We jsut play the regular "last person to stand wins" game in pubs and stuff :hee

k-dom
June 04, 2012, 03:39 PM
To watch before it get kicked out because of copyright...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIdPkDofGFI

Googlez_kun
June 04, 2012, 03:48 PM
Too late D:

k-dom
June 04, 2012, 03:59 PM
In fact I just wanted to edit my signature... I don't know why but you have to make a post for the change to be taken into account
Unfortunatly the image is a little to small at 200px. It's hard to read the jokes

Googlez_kun
June 04, 2012, 04:15 PM
I see.

They're in French, so most of us wouldn't understand them anyway xD

k-dom
June 05, 2012, 01:13 PM
I know but the Comic is for French only, I don't think it can be exported. I tried a little zoom, it's a little better

---------- Post added June 05, 2012 at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was June 04, 2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

Btw where does yours come from ? It is beautiful as always.

Googlez_kun
June 05, 2012, 01:34 PM
Thank you,I did it myself. Tried to make an animation with photoshop,but it takes lots of time,so all that I managed is to make a flag move. Making backgrounds is better in photoshop,but I prefer animating with EasyToon.Way easier.

And that tiny character is Finn from Adventure Time.

k-dom
October 16, 2012, 12:59 PM
As a thanks for all these nominations, I will contribute to my thread (which I had to dig out a little :-)

Allez un petit peu de chanson française pour faire plus d'une ligne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeP4mAHofYc

scav
October 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
heh so u revived your thread :hee

so how's life?

k-dom
October 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
cold :-) Seriously, it's two weeks of non stop rain now. If it has to be India, I also want the temperature !
Otherwise not much. I see you have also succumbed to the magi anime trend :-) Have you catched up with the manga ? Wait now that I think about it, there was no chapter today ! what are these lazy sense-scanlators doing ?!

scav
October 16, 2012, 02:41 PM
i'm doing an internship at rabat in morocco atm, i have a nice weather (don't rage :D ). Where are you at atm?

didn't catch up with magi, im at chapter 120 something. and loool for the scanlators, they'll prolly release 3 chapters tomorrow that's why there is no chapter today :D
But i gotta say i'm amazed by those releases. The anime is OK, i felt like adding a magi sig in my sig rotator. What anime are you watching for this fall? did you check JoJo's bizarre adventure new anime? and do you watch sword art online?

Doraku
October 16, 2012, 08:26 PM
Oh, I don't know you have a thread in here. I gotta make a confession that you're one of my favorite members :hee

Good luck with the Community Awards, hope you'll win.

scav
October 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
Oh, I don't know you have a thread in here. I gotta make a confession that you're one of my favorite members :hee

Good luck with the Community Awards, hope you'll win.

bromance :popcorn

k-dom
October 17, 2012, 03:41 AM
i'm doing an internship at rabat in morocco atm, i have a nice weather (don't rage :D ). Where are you at atm?

didn't catch up with magi, im at chapter 120 something. and loool for the scanlators, they'll prolly release 3 chapters tomorrow that's why there is no chapter today :D
But i gotta say i'm amazed by those releases. The anime is OK, i felt like adding a magi sig in my sig rotator. What anime are you watching for this fall? did you check JoJo's bizarre adventure new anime? and do you watch sword art online?

I'm not watching many animes at the moment. I prefer original works and it's quite the minority. Is Jojo any good, I may try it.
And yes sense scan is doing a crazy job, 10 chapters left and they have reached the magazine I think. If scan awards existed they would deserve one.

@Doraku stop making me blush :-). But as you see contrary to the guy above (what are all those spams thread !), I'm not a lot in this part of the forum. Well, that's bad of me

scav
October 17, 2012, 07:48 AM
I'm not watching many animes at the moment. I prefer original works and it's quite the minority. Is Jojo any good, I may try it.
And yes sense scan is doing a crazy job, 10 chapters left and they have reached the magazine I think. If scan awards existed they would deserve one.
haha i used to be like that. but some anime are really good to relax after work. Except one piece, the breaker, ToG and magi i don't feel like reading anything right now, and many animes aren't manga adaptions. Also some long run animes like one piece, FT, naruto etc..... i don't like watching them either. slow pace, spoilers, etc.... but some animes are really better than the manga they're coming from. Jojo just started, they're at the episode 2; those episodes were awesome. gonna take you less than 1hour to catch up. As for sword art online, it's like yureka. It's about a game, it's adapted from a light novel. they're at episode 15 but that shit is just epic, im waiting for it every week just like i'm waiting for my one piece.

@Doraku stop making me blush :-). But as you see contrary to the guy above (what are all those spams thread !), I'm not a lot in this part of the forum. Well, that's bad of me

heh you're going win, don't worry about it. You made yourself quite popular with your consistent post in the OP forum since years :vbunny

k-dom
October 23, 2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaKUBW4mZ0g

Doraku
October 25, 2012, 06:30 AM
I want to read Sengoku Youko during the weekend. In your opinion is it better than Hoshi no Samidare?

k-dom
October 27, 2012, 03:49 AM
I can't really say since I only read Biscuit's hammer start but I sure enjoy Sengoku a lot. Unfortunatly the released are irregular.

---------- Post added October 27, 2012 at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was October 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsoRSI7ei4E

I'm late on this one as well. It's a strange sensation when you realize you are only the 4th million guy to watch something one year after everybody.

scav
October 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
lol that video is awesome :p
do u play an instrument?

k-dom
October 29, 2012, 06:08 PM
Unfortunatly no and as you could hear, my singing skills are not really great either...

matzik1212
October 29, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi k-dom http://www.laymark.com/l/o/09.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Passing by to see how are you :D

k-dom
October 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks matzik, your welcome to pass anytime
As for me, I'm soon in a big All saints week-end. Normandie, here I come ! I will spent 4 days eating my heart's content of cheap mussels, oysters and crabs :-)

Ancy
October 31, 2012, 07:09 AM
how about cheeses and wine??? :zomg

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 07:23 AM
That's everyday food for a French :-)

scav
October 31, 2012, 07:34 AM
man when you say oysters that make me hungry, been a while i didn't eat it.

Ancy
October 31, 2012, 09:22 AM
I eat a little bit of cheese every day...so you might call me a cheese freak....does that mean I'm French?? :oh

:lmao

Doraku
October 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
I can't really say since I only read Biscuit's hammer start but I sure enjoy Sengoku a lot. Unfortunatly the released are irregular.

Why? You didn't like it? The irregular release sadden me to be honest.

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 09:41 AM
I eat a little bit of cheese every day...so you might call me a cheese freak....does that mean I'm French?? :oh

:lmao
It depends of the type of cheese. If you eat cheddar everyday you aren't French :-)
Of course, the bread eaten with the cheese has to be a real bread.

Why? You didn't like it? The irregular release sadden me to be honest.

I don't recall exactly why. Everybody said it was great and maybe I expected to much of it.

Ancy
October 31, 2012, 11:07 AM
what do you mean real bread???

to be honest I forgot how baguette bread tastes like since I lowered my daily carbs intake :bored

ps: I'm adventurous...I'll try various types of cheese :derp

Doraku
October 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
I don't recall exactly why. Everybody said it was great and maybe I expected to much of it.

Well, I hope you pick it up again soon. It was possibly the slowest Manga I've read in terms of pacing. Up until volume 4-5, there is nothing much happened.

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 02:01 PM
what do you mean real bread???

to be honest I forgot how baguette bread tastes like since I lowered my daily carbs intake :bored
ps: I'm adventurous...I'll try various types of cheese :derp

A bread with a crust :-)
And it may be a surprise but I don't eat that much baguette. You need to buy them everyday and it is not practical. I prefer what we call pain de campagne (https://www.google.fr/search?q=pain+de+campagne&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=7Hz&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&prmd=imvnse&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RnKRUK_LLMK2hQfqnYAw&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1333&bih=675). Good luck with your diet, but isn't cheese to be banned in this case ?
And did you know we had cheese thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/69060-Cheese-love-or-hate) ?

Bugzee
October 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
Robin, Nami, Perona, Boa or other!?

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 02:49 PM
If the question is which is my favorite one piece girl Robin of course.

Bugzee
October 31, 2012, 02:56 PM
Who do you like the most? Is it Robin?

Good choice, k-dom. :hurr

I like you even more now.

Ancy
October 31, 2012, 03:51 PM
Good choice, k-dom. :hurr

I like you even more now.

I wonder how he would have reacted if you'd said Bugzeedighna ...bromance much??? :hurr

on a more serious topic....Breaaaaad :zomg

pain de campaigne looks awesome..dat consistency...da looks...da taste :tss

especially this one:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3971801537_2a3476508c.jpg

well I can't avoid cheese..it's my main source of amino acids (animal) :oh

goldb
October 31, 2012, 04:25 PM
That bread ooks like Long Ring Long Land before it was split #OPreferencehopeskdomgetsit :eyeroll

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 04:32 PM
I had to think but I got it in the end

For Ancy, this type of bread is called a couronne (crown)

scav
October 31, 2012, 04:49 PM
hum i don't get it :headscratch

Ancy
October 31, 2012, 04:51 PM
....bob, is that some kind of code, only OPers get?? :faint

yeah ...that is the crown of breads :zomg.....I'm incredibly hungry right now :s

K-dom what's real your name...and why don't you use smilies?

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 05:04 PM
Explanations :
http://arc.batoto.net/comics/2011/05/05/o/read4dc2d82e9c88a/One_Piece-305%5BNull%5D_305-084dc2d82ea7c68.png

dom is the beginning and the shortcut for my name :-)
See, I use them. I just prefer the old fashioned ones. And it's true that I'm not a big fan of the abuse of emoticons. Posts with more yellow than words makes me flee :-)

ukimix
October 31, 2012, 05:14 PM
Let me ask you this: what do you think of that rule against 1-liners in some threads here. I tell you what I think: in one line you can put much information, on the contrary, in 5 lines you can say nothing. I ask you because, as you know, I think you are a good example of posters that say much with few words.

Ancy
October 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
DomPérignon ????? zomging

scav
October 31, 2012, 05:21 PM
hahaha i get it now. i thought about that part but i was too lazy to go check

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Let me ask you this: what do you think of that rule against 1-liners in some threads here. I tell you what I think: in one line you can put much information, on the contrary, in 5 lines you can say nothing. I ask you because, as you know, I think you are a good example of posters that say much with few words.

oh that rule is just so some people don't start chatting or spamming meaningless stuff like " i agree with you" , "lmao" , "no you're wrong" etc.... but if your post have some contents no one will complain if its one line.

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 05:28 PM
It's quite a good rule. Look at apforums, they have hundredth more posts than here but 50% of their posts are those type of one liners that are a waste of time reading.

Ancy
October 31, 2012, 05:37 PM
by the way....I think I've figured out your name... Is it an unisex name? I'm confused, because I've met women called that way.

k-dom
October 31, 2012, 05:41 PM
Yes both girls and guys can have that name.

scav
October 31, 2012, 05:46 PM
will be awkward the day you meet a girl having the same name that yours

matzik1212
October 31, 2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks matzik, your welcome to pass anytime
As for me, I'm soon in a big All saints week-end. Normandie, here I come ! I will spent 4 days eating my heart's content of cheap mussels, oysters and crabs :-)

Nice :hee

I'll stress you as well then :teehee

Have a nice weekend then . Take care ! :vbunny

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

If the question is which is my favorite one piece girl Robin of course.

Some tell me i'm looking like her :zomg

scav
October 31, 2012, 06:59 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb330/scavalpha/1335465733842.png

ukimix
October 31, 2012, 10:56 PM
Let me share you some music of a colombian band that use french music from the 30s and cuban music and colombian music to create their stuff. I think ther ir really good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnfXL1N0Lr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=ALa4CXe7Yzo&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzVgIJogj5o&feature=fvwrel

Some tell me i'm looking like her :zomg

You shuold try a cosplay and post some pics here :cheez

scav
October 31, 2012, 11:29 PM
cosplay?:s don't give her ideas like that :nono

Teubier
November 01, 2012, 09:31 AM
dom is the beginning and the shortcut for my name :-)
Isn't there a reference to the softness of your skin (Bébé Cadum) as well in your nickname?

I wish you a great 'pont' in Normandie btw.

k-dom
November 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
Oh my god oh my god ! Am I dreaming that Teubier is back ??

scav
November 01, 2012, 02:43 PM
don't forget to read and vote for the writing contest (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/79612-MangaHelpers-Art-Contest-Week-07-08-Beloved-Ones-Poems-Lyrics)

matzik1212
November 01, 2012, 06:39 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb330/scavalpha/1335465733842.png

That's your reflection in the mirror :gwah

:teehee

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

You shuold try a cosplay and post some pics here :cheez

I'm not into that but i can post pics . Oh btw i'm not brunette anymore , more like blond now :p

scav
November 01, 2012, 07:23 PM
maso-kitty what did you do to your hair? :notsure

ukimix
November 02, 2012, 02:59 AM
I'm not into that but i can post pics . Oh btw i'm not brunette anymore , more like blond now :p

:super

Also it would be nice to see k-dom pics, Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/336-The-Member-Picture-Thread?p=3078276&viewfull=1#post3078276) my video playing guitar (did you watch it?)

goldb
November 02, 2012, 03:04 AM

Oh really? Do I get to see that soon? :derp

Doraku
November 02, 2012, 07:28 PM
So what's your favorite music genre, k-dom? do you play any musical instrument too?

Also it would be nice to see k-dom pics, Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/336-The-Member-Picture-Thread?p=3078276&viewfull=1#post3078276) my video playing guitar (did you watch it?)

Nice playing man :verily

---------- Post added November 03, 2012 at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was November 02, 2012 at 08:07 PM ----------

Congrats on winning an award in CA, k-dom!

Teubier
November 02, 2012, 07:50 PM
Félicitations k-dom! :^_^

k-dom
November 03, 2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks a lot everybody.

A little bit of calva to celebrate and digest all this:
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1520/20121103125451.jpg (http://img821.imageshack.us/i/20121103125451.jpg/)

Ancy
November 03, 2012, 09:27 AM
...so you ate baguette after all :lmao

k-dom
November 04, 2012, 05:17 PM
Those are baguettes de campagne of course :-)

---------- Post added November 04, 2012 at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was November 03, 2012 at 06:52 PM ----------

Oh no I missed it, thanks for sharing. A man who can play guitar looks always 100 times more cool immediately :-)

So what's your favorite music genre, k-dom? do you play any musical instrument too?

Nice playing man :verily

No like I said to scav already I unfortunately don't know and my singing skills are horrible T-T.

And my favourite music genre would be... In fact it is easier to say what I dislike :
*R&B and all the commercial insipid songs that get on musical TVs,
*Metal music, I have a very good friend who tried to teach me how it works but I really can't understand this music.
I also like a lot some of the old French classical singer (Brassens, Barbara, Leo Ferre...). Among them the singer that I am ashamed to like his Serge Reggiani...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWd1BNxWJU

ukimix
November 04, 2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks a lot everybody.

A little bit of calva to celebrate and digest all this:
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1520/20121103125451.jpg (http://img821.imageshack.us/i/20121103125451.jpg/)

:gaw

scav
November 06, 2012, 03:50 PM
And my favourite music genre would be... In fact it is easier to say what I dislike :
*R&B and all the commercial insipid songs that get on musical TVs,
*Metal music, I have a very good friend who tried to teach me how it works but I really can't understand this music.
I also like a lot some of the old French classical singer (Brassens, Barbara, Leo Ferre...). Among them the singer that I am ashamed to like his Serge Reggiani...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWd1BNxWJU
yeah 90% of R&B singers are horrible. specially the french R&B. I can stand only few R&N singers chris brown, usher. that's it.

---------- Post added November 06, 2012 at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was November 05, 2012 at 03:15 AM ----------

chui entrain de réecouter le donjon de naheulbeuk. tu connais j'espere :hee

matzik1212
November 06, 2012, 06:15 PM
maso-kitty what did you do to your hair? :notsure

I'm more sexy now you know :cheez

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Oh really? Do I get to see that soon? :derp

Course . You'll be 1st :hurr

goldb
November 06, 2012, 06:20 PM
Not sure if I like the idea of you as blond maso-chan :headscratch but I guess we'll see.

scav
November 06, 2012, 06:22 PM
I'm more sexy now you know :cheez

pm me :hurr

matzik1212
November 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
pm me :hurr

I'm shy

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Not sure if I like the idea of you as blond maso-chan :headscratch but I guess we'll see.

LOL i'm not that blond blond you know. It's a nice color that i like , but i plan to get a more light color :nod

I'm just sick of black yo

scav
November 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
no way, a masochist like you can't be shy

matzik1212
November 06, 2012, 06:27 PM
*middle finger *

goldb
November 06, 2012, 06:27 PM
LOL i'm not that blond blond you know. It's a nice color that i like , but i plan to get a more light color :nod

I'm just sick of black yo

Ok, fair enough; I guess it's enough that you like it :hee

Yo? :o

scav
November 06, 2012, 06:28 PM
don't force me to pm you, im shy today :yelling

matzik1212
November 06, 2012, 06:33 PM
Ok, fair enough; I guess it's enough that you like it :hee

Yo? :o

:p I'm just stuck with this from work sorry :oh

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

don't force me to pm you, im shy today :yelling

Anyway i have to go and btw i won't be online for a while so don't miss me too much ya . Be a good boy and wait patiently for your master okay :hee

scav
November 06, 2012, 06:37 PM

Anyway i have to go and btw i won't be online for a while so don't miss me too much ya . Be a good boy and wait patiently for your master okay :hee

where are you going? :yelling and im always a good boy unlike you :hee
:smack

matzik1212
November 06, 2012, 06:40 PM
Pfftttt :eyeroll

Good boy good boy . Now shake :clap :derp

scav
November 06, 2012, 06:42 PM
dat maso-kitty want a good spanking :spank

matzik1212
November 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
___[]___ :teehee

Bye bye

scav
November 06, 2012, 06:47 PM
:bye
k-dom will have a crisis when he see the spam you did in his thread :teehee

jorped
November 06, 2012, 06:47 PM

like you have been much time online lately :hmph
scav she is acting like a really bad kitty :3c can't you control her? :derp

scav
November 06, 2012, 06:49 PM
she's under control, don't worry :thumbs

jorped
November 06, 2012, 06:59 PM
Explain, plz? :zomg

scav
November 06, 2012, 07:00 PM
nah it's private :hurr

goldb
November 06, 2012, 07:04 PM
nah it's private :hurr

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6yq5zPxtk1r4i0t7.gif

k-dom
November 07, 2012, 01:24 AM
My poor thread... At least, now the 135 pages may not be an impossible goal.

goldb
November 07, 2012, 02:58 AM
Sorry k-dom, I tried to stop them but matzy and scav get horny and mischievous in all the thread they both frequent...:bored jorped....I dunno about jorped, he shows up, makes an obvious remark, laughs then kills leaves. sugoiii :shootme

Doraku
November 07, 2012, 06:23 AM
By the way, I watched the first French SciFi movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDaOOw0MEE

k-dom
November 08, 2012, 10:57 AM
Tonight concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SQ5GOTYvPU

I didn't listen to their last album but normally it should be a nice moment

Ancy
November 09, 2012, 07:15 AM
My poor thread... At least, now the 135 pages may not be an impossible goal.
I kinda imagined your face when you've seen all the yellow smilies in your thread :lmao
oh oh the horror!!!!

so, how was at the concert?

k-dom
November 09, 2012, 09:04 AM
Well since matzik is mod in the One piece section, so I'm kinda used to her posts :-)

And the concert was great. For those who don't know, Bumcello are just a drummer (Bum) and a vionloncelist (Cello). They normally play as musicians for other artists ( M in particular) but have also made this duo. And what they each do with their instrument is really impressive.
Plus it took place in the 104 which is a very nice building of Paris

scav
November 09, 2012, 01:16 PM
what do you do the week end generally?

k-dom
November 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
Well apart from reading manga, mainly go out with friends (eating, drinking, cinema...). I was offered a card to Beaubourg, so I try do go there at least once a month.
And I also make mahjong tournaments sometime.

Doraku
November 12, 2012, 05:33 AM
Dat badge :datass

Now I want one :(

:derp

Have you read Emma?

k-dom
December 03, 2012, 10:00 AM
Argh I was kicked out of mangahelpers for one long day !!!!! It felt horrible but now I'm back home. OUF !

I'm not to worry for you, Doroku, continue your great job and you will have more badges than me in no time :-)

And I haven't started Emma yet unfortunatly. I will try to read the French version, so far only one big volume (2 tankobons is out) but I will try it for sure.

---------- Post added December 03, 2012 at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was November 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM ----------

A little week-end in Lille, north of France. There are contemporary art exhibitions at the moment which are almost free.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FrctuBuqmqM/ULuz8Y6JsYI/AAAAAAAAP1U/wn33U_cla1U/s576/PC010656.JPGhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-LqexrlaQjHc/ULu10R_w9TI/AAAAAAAAP3U/ZDZeDzoFDa0/s576/PC020688.JPG]

But beside "culture", you mainly go there to eat french fries and drink beers !! I tried the only French bar which is in rate beer ranking (http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/table_2012.asp?title=Best+Beer+Bars+2012&file=bars_places_2012.csv). They have delicious local beers which are worth the trip

Ancy
December 06, 2012, 11:14 AM
Is there any cultural explanation why the horse was red, in particular? What did the artist wanted to express with it? Also I'm interested in finding out why is its tongue hanging from one side. Any explanations?

k-dom
December 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
It's a dead horse, or is he alive ? You can see more of the horse and other Theo Mercier works in the video of this link (http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/culture-loisirs/lille3000-fantastic-visite-guidee-au-tripostal-a-ia4779b0n796423).

Ancy
December 07, 2012, 11:51 AM
Mercier's work makes you wonder if indeed there is life after death. The ghost family was quite funny ~ their shades made me think of a family going to the beach :lmao; the horse without skin and rotting flesh was not a pretty sight, though.

Soundsuits by Nick Cave, on the other hand...I simply love recycled art :zomg

have a look at this...amazing Van Gogh recycled wannabe

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/31243791134447331_gq39BQnJ_c.jpg

didn't know you were the "cultural" type of guy...I approve!

k-dom
December 24, 2012, 12:29 PM
Merry crunchmas !

Now I need to train my stomach to be able to eat non stop till tomorrow...

matzik1212
December 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
Merry Christmas everyone :confetti :hug

k-dom
December 25, 2012, 06:45 PM
I wonder. Do we have other French songs about christmas but this one ? (Christmas song excluded)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=13nnYQRos8Y

scav
December 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
I wonder. Do we have other French songs about christmas but this one ? (Christmas song excluded)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=13nnYQRos8Y

im too lazy to do some digging atm, but im sure we have many french songs about x-mas

goldb
December 28, 2012, 06:35 AM
Dom, do you mean something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVduniNdhe4

:?bunny

k-dom
January 03, 2013, 02:55 PM
Bonne année à tous !!
I hope your 2013 starts as good as mine :
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2119/p1030791n.jpg

Charlie
January 03, 2013, 03:37 PM
Any Manhwas?

The breaker - perhaps?

:wtf

k-dom
January 03, 2013, 04:35 PM
No but I saw the new edition of Shin Angyo Onshi. But the tomes are awfully big, I'm already fighting for place...

Charlie
January 03, 2013, 05:13 PM
No but I saw the new edition of Shin Angyo Onshi. But the tomes are awfully big, I'm already fighting for place...

Do you read the breaker? I heard it had a nice following in France.

scav
January 03, 2013, 06:10 PM
true but the release schedule of the breaker volumes in france suck. always delayed

goldb
January 04, 2013, 10:39 AM

Bonne Annee Dom! :hug

How did you celebrate?

What's your manga collection like? You seem to read a ton, so I'm curious.

k-dom
January 05, 2013, 06:01 AM
Do you read the breaker? I heard it had a nice following in France.
I read it but with the scan like most of us. I must say the pace from new wave is a bit to slow to my liking. The editors for manhwa are still small in France and as such the releases are not that reliable.

Bonne Annee Dom! :hug

How did you celebrate?

What's your manga collection like? You seem to read a ton, so I'm curious.
I celebrate it by some friends in Paris. And we had an 80's theme so we listened and danced to 80's music all along...

And unfortunately my manga collection is not that big. My place is a bit too small and the cupboards were already almost full with my BDs. Though I have almost all the Tanigushi, some albums by Cornelius editor, Nausicaa, 20th century boys, kami no shizuku (I really shouldn't have started this one!), Soil, some Dorohedoro (I just started it and I hope I can find all the volumes)... and 2 Sket Dance (I won't probably buy all the volumes, although I really like the serie there are to many volumes).
In fact most of the manga I read are thanks to the scan and the libraries. That's one of the good thing living in Paris, you can almost find all published mangas for free. I just finished Under the Same Moon (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=50720) the other day. That would be something impossible to find in store nowadays.

Charlie
January 05, 2013, 07:13 AM
K-d , this title... wasn't there a manga site with this same name?

It went Private though...?

k-dom
January 05, 2013, 08:07 AM
Yes this week is probably the one year anniversary of its death (TT-TT). I should probably change the title thread from time to time but I'm lazy to edit the first post...

Charlie
January 05, 2013, 08:17 AM
Yes this week is probably the one year anniversary of its death (TT-TT). I should probably change the title thread from time to time but I'm lazy to edit the first post...

Why did it die - if it went private?

k-dom
January 05, 2013, 08:46 AM
It was not very stable in the end and the owner was probably tired to pay for the server costs.

goldb
January 05, 2013, 02:42 PM
I celebrate it by some friends in Paris. And we had an 80's theme so we listened and danced to 80's music all along...

And unfortunately my manga collection is not that big. My place is a bit too small and the cupboards were already almost full with my BDs. Though I have almost all the Tanigushi, some albums by Cornelius editor, Nausicaa, 20th century boys, kami no shizuku (I really shouldn't have started this one!), Soil, some Dorohedoro (I just started it and I hope I can find all the volumes)... and 2 Sket Dance (I won't probably buy all the volumes, although I really like the serie there are to many volumes).
In fact most of the manga I read are thanks to the scan and the libraries. That's one of the good thing living in Paris, you can almost find all published mangas for free. I just finished Under the Same Moon (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=50720) the other day. That would be something impossible to find in store nowadays.

Sounds like an awesome night; now I remember you posted some YT videos of 80s songs :amuse

I was planning on picking up Nausicaa soon, I'll begin getting Shingeki no Kyojin; I've just caught up with the manga and it's so fresh and the story is really solid. You read a hell of a lot of obscure stuff though, so that's why they aren't easy to find. 20th Century is the only other manga I've heard of there.

Do you have anything else to recommend to me? I have to say I really like Nanatsu that you rec'ed me, so hoping for more. Maybe I'll try Dorohedoro; I checked out the plot summary and it's intrigued me.

KIRIKOU!!! :swoon

Puree mec, t'a du style! :hip J'ai jamais penser a utiliser ca comme avy.

Charlie
January 05, 2013, 02:54 PM
It was not very stable in the end and the owner was probably tired to pay for the server costs.

So it was just donations...

If that was the case - I can see how he would run out of funds fast.

k-dom
January 05, 2013, 04:01 PM
I was planning on picking up Nausicaa soon, I'll begin getting Shingeki no Kyojin; I've just caught up with the manga and it's so fresh and the story is really solid. You read a hell of a lot of obscure stuff though, so that's why they aren't easy to find. 20th Century is the only other manga I've heard of there.

Yeah Shingeki is great I can't believe it's been licenced in English before French ! Nausicaa is a classic and if you like Miyazaki stuff you should probably like it. Dorohedoro is just AWESOME. A mix of dark atmosphere with humor and lot's of originality. It's from the magazine Ikki, an uderground magazine but with lot's of interesting authors. Kimi no Shizuku is a manga about wine, that's why it has a lot of success in France :-) Soil is a mystery manga with a very original drawing which reminds me western comic, the story is weird though.

Do you have anything else to recommend to me? I have to say I really like Nanatsu that you rec'ed me, so hoping for more. Maybe I'll try Dorohedoro; I checked out the plot summary and it's intrigued me.

Yeah Nanatsu is really cool so far. Have you read the new chapter that was out today ?
In the new series, I must say I really like Souma from Jump but I would wait to see how it does in the poll. The guy from Beck has also started a new serie called Rin but it's just one chapter so far. And go Dorohedoro go ! (especially now that a team has started to release the magazine chapter the wait won't be unbereable)

KIRIKOU!!! :swoon

Puree mec, t'a du style! :hip J'ai jamais penser a utiliser ca comme avy.
Glad you like it :hip

So it was just donations...

If that was the case - I can see how he would run out of funds fast.
That's my theory but nobody really knows. It was a nice reader with a dumb communitie so I was a bit disappointed when it ended

goldb
January 05, 2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah Shingeki is great I can't believe it's been licenced in English before French ! Nausicaa is a classic and if you like Miyazaki stuff you should probably like it. Dorohedoro is just AWESOME. A mix of dark atmosphere with humor and lot's of originality. It's from the magazine Ikki, an uderground magazine but with lot's of interesting authors. Kimi no Shizuku is a manga about wine, that's why it has a lot of success in France :-) Soil is a mystery manga with a very original drawing which reminds me western comic, the story is weird though.

Yeah Nanatsu is really cool so far. Have you read the new chapter that was out today ?
In the new series, I must say I really like Souma from Jump but I would wait to see how it does in the poll. The guy from Beck has also started a new serie called Rin but it's just one chapter so far. And go Dorohedoro go ! (especially now that a team has started to release the magazine chapter the wait won't be unbereable)

I'm gonna go ahead and add those series to my MAL before I forget them; at least then I can check them later.

Yep, I read the new Nanatsu chapter :nod. I'll re-read it again and post my thoughts in the thread tomorrow; but it was cool and funny as always.

Ancy
January 11, 2013, 04:41 AM
K-dom changed his avy...Wow... a lot must have happened while I was away :huh

btw..Happy new year, mate!

k-dom
January 11, 2013, 05:23 AM
No I just change it every new year :-)

goldb
January 12, 2013, 04:10 PM
Now I'm trying to remember what it was before :XD

Googlez_kun
January 14, 2013, 05:42 PM
It was some kind of skinny dog thing.

Ancy
January 15, 2013, 08:48 AM
It was a Sphynx cat...or a Si Rex ...I assume :oh

What's interesting to find out is Dom's selection process when it comes to avys... First a cat, now an aboriginal little guy....I'm lost :oh

k-dom
January 15, 2013, 03:08 PM
I'm lost :oh
Are you ? It's quite simple, though :-)
There is a link between (almost) all my avis : French animation.
My little aboriginal is in fact the most famous of African baby : Kirikou (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stxnZAMGndk). A new kirikou movie was in theater recently so he was my obvious choice for this year.
My sphynx cat was the cat drawn by a genius of French comic industry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joann_Sfar*). And in 2011, it was put on screen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk6IB_Kgl4E).

Ancy
January 16, 2013, 05:37 AM
ahh..oppanfrenchiestyle :lmao

"Le chat du rabbin" seems quite interesting. I might indulge myself into it..As for Kirikou...is there a French version with English subtitles? I prefer the original version -_-;...the emotions, intonation and dynamics of a movie/anime can't be dubbed into another language, imo. It will sound weird. Maybe weird is not the correct word, but rather impersonal.

k-dom
January 18, 2013, 08:14 AM
I'm sure one with subtitles exist somewhere. I just took the first english youtube video I could find :-)

k-dom
March 23, 2013, 03:48 PM
Since I heard about it on the radio, this song has been constantly on my head :-).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kq7RwI91UU

---------- Post added March 23, 2013 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2013 at 04:10 PM ----------

So I could saw him but unfortunately not him drawing
http://imageshack.us/a/img62/1650/p3230807.jpg

goldb
March 24, 2013, 05:18 AM
Ahh so you managed to go in the end. How was it? packed and busy I imagine....

k-dom
March 24, 2013, 10:27 AM
Yes there was a lot of people for the autographs but it was ok during the conferences (Even the one with Inoue). And the atmosphere was really friendly, it wasn't at all the unreachable star.
I was a bit afraid since, before him, Nakamura didn't want to be taken in picture. But the exchange with the public was ok (I even could ask her a question :-).

goldb
March 24, 2013, 04:24 PM
I would have expected as much. From what I've seen of him, he seems like the laid back and quite welcoming type. So you didn't manage to get an autograph or anything?

And is this Hikaru Nakamura of Saint Young Men? when did you meet her?

k-dom
March 24, 2013, 05:05 PM
There was 3 mangakas invited and a chinese guy. I saw her in the morning. She answered questions to the fan while drawing some of Saint Young man characters.
I got the autograph of the Chinese which was the only one with no queue or tickets and I regret not having talked with him a little more. I also had a drawing for a French comic. I'm not sure Japanese do a lot of drawings when they sign their books, I heard it is something typical of French artists to do it for free. I saw to late the stand of Casterman which was one of the only one where it was comfortable watching the artists draw. Maybe you know Ptiluc the guy who makes Rat's, he was making very cool ones (if you like his gory style :-).

goldb
March 24, 2013, 05:22 PM
It's always a shame with things like that when you don't get to get an autograph or drawing from an artist you probably won't see again. But you didn't exactly leave empty handed, so bonus :thumbs.
No, I didn't know about Rat's but looked at some images now. What french comics are you reading now?

k-dom
March 24, 2013, 05:49 PM
Rat's can be funny. It's not foor everyone taste though.
Now, I'm planning to buy the last one of Marc Antoine Mathieu that went out recently. Once again he did something completely crazy. Someone has recommend me La Gloire d'Héra (http://www.bdtheque.com/main.php?bdid=704&scroll=0) (it's about the story of Héracles).

goldb
March 25, 2013, 05:21 AM
I really should read more french comics; still need to finish my collection of Tintin :darn. La Gloire d'Héra looks very good; let me know how you find it :)

Kyouria
March 25, 2013, 05:54 AM
I really should read more french comics; still need to finish my collection of Tintin :darn. La Gloire d'Héra looks very good; let me know how you find it :)
TIN TIN! And you have a collection? :zomg
I never knew it was a French comic.

Hi K-dom o/

(Sorry for my spazzyness.. Staying up late does this to me. X: )

digitaldude
March 25, 2013, 06:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM

Uganda

k-dom
March 25, 2013, 07:10 AM

Hi K-dom o/

Hi. Actually it's not French but Belgium :-)

goldb
March 25, 2013, 07:35 PM

Hi K-dom o/

Yep, I have the first 8. In an ideal world where money would be no issue, I'd have it all, plus Lucky Luke, Asterix and Obelix, Titeuf, and a few other series I read growing up.

Have you read any of them before or just know the movie/tv series?

Hi. Actually it's not French but Belgium :-)

:nomoar I forgot about Herge for a second.

k-dom
March 26, 2013, 11:33 AM
Have you read them all ? I don't remember where I put this cool video showing a sphere transforming in all Tintin albums. Pribably in the French thread.
For Asterix buy only the ones writen by Gosciny. One may go until Asterix and Sheherazade after that it is a waste of money. And aren't you to old for Titeuf :-)
That makes me think they made a movie of Boule et Bill. I prefer not know what kind of calamity was made with it....

Kyouria
March 26, 2013, 02:08 PM
Yep, I have the first 8. In an ideal world where money would be no issue, I'd have it all, plus Lucky Luke, Asterix and Obelix, Titeuf, and a few other series I read growing up.

Have you read any of them before or just know the movie/tv series?
I read a few comic books of Tin Tin some years ago. I don't think I understood it but I enjoyed reading it at the time. When I saw the movie trailer I was like "OMG, they're making a movie out of Tin Tin?" xD; Have you seen the movie?

k-dom
March 26, 2013, 05:02 PM
Just by curiosity why do you write Tintin with 2 words ? Is it like that in English ?

And it was already in this thread but I repost it nonetheless:

Kyouria
March 26, 2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks for sharing the video! I think it was due to ignorance, I apologize.

k-dom
March 27, 2013, 12:38 AM
No need to apologize it's not really a serious issue :-)

goldb
March 28, 2013, 05:42 AM
Have you read them all ? I don't remember where I put this cool video showing a sphere transforming in all Tintin albums. Pribably in the French thread.
For Asterix buy only the ones writen by Gosciny. One may go until Asterix and Sheherazade after that it is a waste of money. And aren't you to old for Titeuf :-)
That makes me think they made a movie of Boule et Bill. I prefer not know what kind of calamity was made with it....

No I don't think, there's probably a handful I've not read. My family used to own a few of the older print books, but over the years we've lost and misplaced a lot of our stuff. Even Asterix books we used to have a few. Ahhh I remember the video; thanks for linking it again though :amuse

Thanks for the heads up. Nobody is too old for Titeuf, the tv series is actually quite nice to watch too; a cool slice of life-type. Reminds me of Crayon Shin-chan.
Boule et Bill, I'm familiar with but not greatly. By film, you mean live-action/adaption? :blink

I read a few comic books of Tin Tin some years ago. I don't think I understood it but I enjoyed reading it at the time. When I saw the movie trailer I was like "OMG, they're making a movie out of Tin Tin?" xD; Have you seen the movie?

From the ones you read, which did you enjoy most? Yep I saw the movie on the day it came out, 3rd screening; very proud.

k-dom
March 28, 2013, 07:13 AM
I think my favorite Tintin are the 3 double albums ones. I was a bit sad that, in the animation, there is nothing of the treasure hunt but I guess they couldn't put everything.
My favorite Asterix is probably Asterix légionnaire.

For Boule et Bill I guess you can call it a live action. I don't think it is an adaptation since the comic is a one page gag. The critics are terrible.

goldb
March 28, 2013, 08:50 AM
I think I'll get the next batch today, it's been too long. That's the problem with trying to fit 2 books in one and making it a smooth transition; you have to get rid of a few things.

I've actually read/and we used to have that particular book at home. It's also one of my favourites. Always loved the adventures with Romans and Caesar.

k-dom
March 28, 2013, 09:04 AM
I especially like the egyptian guide who speaks in hieroglyphs :-) There is a similar joke with the language in la grande traversee. When they meet the viking they can't understand each other because they don't put the / and the o on the good letters whereas Idefix and the other dog immediately find the trick

http://vanhoutenn.free.fr/projet/image/etrangers/normands/zoodvinsen.jpg

Those are jokes I find very clever. ironically Mangakas can do similar things with the kanjis and furiganas which are unfortunately lost by us.

Kyouria
March 28, 2013, 07:00 PM
I want to see the movie!

I honestly don't remember which one(/s) I enjoyed the most :'C My memory isn't very sharp in that aspect. What are yours?

k-dom
April 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
This week I bought a very strange book. This is the cover:
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3821/p4130880.jpg
it starts on page 7
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5003/p4130881.jpg
I didn't torn the pages, it's like that from the start:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4156/p4130879.jpg

Marc Antoine Mathieu is one of my favourite French comics author. He puts the fourth wall behind the ultimate limits. In his previous album (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72429-3-by-Marc-Antoine-Mathieu), his work was a mix between digital and paper medium. This time everything is about the book, even the table of content is part of the story. It's quite sad that this author is not known outside of France :-( In the same time I find myself lucky to be French.

goldb
April 14, 2013, 02:47 AM
That sounds very interesting. What is the book called and what's the story about?

k-dom
April 16, 2013, 05:13 PM
This one is called "Le Décalage". It's the 6th one of Julius Corentin serie (fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Corentin_Acquefacques).
The story is hard to tell. You have a resume of the start here (http://www.du9.org/chronique/le-decalage/) in French.

ukimix
June 18, 2013, 09:07 AM
Ey k-dom! What do you know about the comic announced in this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dRZxNotWAWM

I have read the trailer was made to advertise the comic, which it was going to start on April/13. (I found the vid in Murata's twitter).

Btw, I'm reading Fairy tail, and it's like it there were no plot: they pick a fight with someone else, go and fight and win and then pick a fight with some other guys. But we don't know why there are gilds, more than they seems to be mercenaries capable of doing any kind of jobs. I go in chapter 78, with the hope to find some plot in ahead.

k-dom
June 22, 2013, 07:57 AM
It's a french comic by Ulysse Mallassagne apparently. It's by the editor Ankama and will have 3 volumes. I never heard about him before your post honnestly and he seems quite new in the business. The critics are not too bad though

Fairy Tail will always be the same, that's why I told you to not search big things into it :-)

---------- Post added June 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was June 18, 2013 at 02:54 PM ----------

Well since ukimix revived this thread I will share with you some of the scary wildlife I saw during my travel in the states last may:
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3786/8rmh.jpg (http://img543.imageshack.us/i/8rmh.jpg/) http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6874/tyk9.jpg (http://img801.imageshack.us/i/tyk9.jpg/)
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/26/eb2y.jpg (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/eb2y.jpg/) http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1733/z6xy.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/z6xy.jpg/)
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9135/1c0f.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/1c0f.jpg/)

ukimix
June 22, 2013, 10:12 PM
A friendly squirrel!!!

Where can I read French comics translated to English? Is there some batoto for that?

k-dom
June 23, 2013, 02:09 AM
I'm sorry I don't know about that. I doubt there is.

ukimix
September 20, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ey yo, Just curious... what do you thing of Tower of god? I've seen you used to post there some months ago, but no more now.

Charlie
September 21, 2013, 03:07 PM
K-dom, have you read the breaker / new waves?

k-dom
September 21, 2013, 03:18 PM
I'm still reading Tower of God but I enjoy it less than during the first part.
As for the Breaker I put in on pause.

Charlie
September 21, 2013, 03:45 PM
How far did you get before the break/ pause?

k-dom
September 21, 2013, 04:57 PM
A few weeks after the elder died I think.

Charlie
September 22, 2013, 06:05 AM
Ah - thats a good place to pause. I think you will enjoy the newer chapters when you start to catch up again.

k-dom
December 31, 2013, 12:34 PM
Happy New Year Eve everyone and many joy for 2014
First one with beer and pizza at the menu for me. Yes, it's the crisis , times are difficult (kidding)... Well the important is to be with friends.

ukimix
January 17, 2014, 02:50 PM
It's a paradox that you, the otaku-and-comic-lover-for-ever-guy doesn't like the smilies :hmph

They are cute and like cartoonish little panels to say things. :hip

k-dom
January 23, 2014, 01:55 PM
Let the big man speak for me :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5njv-7w8g_0

goldb
January 23, 2014, 06:32 PM
Hey Domi,

Beautiful track btw. What are you currently reading? Anything worth recommending?