PDA

View Full Version : Discussion How Luffy will destroy the fisherman Island

dakim
October 08, 2011, 10:43 AM
I have searched for a similar thread, couldn't locate it, so I decided to place my thoughts into this as to how Luffy will destroy Fisherman Island.

I have been trying to figure out the relevance of the Noah, and after a while, and idea came to me. In the bible, Noah's arc was used as a vessel to transport various species through the hard times brought by the floods and into a new age. Could the purpose of this Noah be the same? to unite the Fishermen and the humans to usher in a new age?

Everyone of the strawhats has a dream he wishes to accomplish. As far as we can tell, the next strawhat will be a fisherman. So inheriting Otihime's will, would most likely be the dream that will make him join the strawhats, and on the way to making Luffy the Pirate King, achieve the dream in the process?

It was predicted that Luffy would destroy FI, like many before, I too think that he will destroy the concept that is FI, where towards the end of this arc, he will have all the Fishermen willing to come with him, board the Noah, and rise to the surface. Otihime's dream was to have the Fishermen and humans living peacefully, may it be on FI or on the land. If this was to happen, then the island would not deserve the name Fisherman Island since it would not hold only one species but both.

So personally, this is how I think that Luffy will destroy fisherman Island, for it is most likely through him that this all will occur. What do you guys think.

kkck
October 08, 2011, 07:39 PM
To be completely honest I have far more curiosity about why some people call fisherman island rather than fishman island. Fisherman island implies something completely different which has never been shown in the manga lol. A fisherman is someone who fishes, a fishman is a weird fish/mollusk-human hybrid....

Anyways, I have no clue considering luffy is working exceptionally hard to save the place. Perhaps luffy will accidentally pop the bubble? nah, that would result in a decent number of deaths... Perhaps the destruction is more metaphorical than anything although that would be strange since that mermaid apparently "saw" the future meaning that what she was quite literal. Perhaps a franky-ish scenario? Or perhaps luffy accidentally destroys a section of it? The weird part is that in the prediction it seemed like there was fire involved in the destruction which is very weird IMO.

Perhaps what she saw was actually the moment the gaon cannon was used and she took it to seriously though....

Uriel
October 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
I'm inclined to think that Luffy will burn the ark and that is what Shirley saw.