PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 255 Discussion

ghostexiled
October 08, 2011, 01:29 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72917-Fairy-Tail-255-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

•Sasuke•
October 14, 2011, 08:12 AM
Fairy Tail 255

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=15374954

last post 8 pics out

RaveDragon
October 14, 2011, 08:15 AM
All week dieing to know whats up, Thanks sasuke!

Wow they appear to have traveled through time or something and it obviously was that girl but i wonder what will happen now ^^ after crushing twilight ogre that is :derp

Krono
October 14, 2011, 08:34 AM
The mysterious figure is indeed Fairy Tail's first master Mavis Vermilion.

RaveDragon
October 14, 2011, 08:36 AM
The mysterious figure is indeed Fairy Tail's first master Mavis Vermilion.
The girl is mavis really xD me and the others were right we always speculated mavis was a girl xD but she looks so young

Samui
October 14, 2011, 08:37 AM
Oh, wow. I... I can't stop laughing. They didn't grow up. But I was expecting that, lol.

Thuwa25
October 14, 2011, 09:16 AM
I knew that they will never change but what will happen now though....?

oniichan powaa
October 14, 2011, 10:01 AM
LOL... They never change!? 7 years and they are still as boisterous as ever.
My prediction was totally off but I'm happy it ended that way.
7 years of their absence was a hard time for Fairy Tail. So, their return will bring about a new era. Great!
(and Laxus came back too)

Bludvein
October 14, 2011, 10:50 AM
So....looks like they time-traveled after all. God I was hoping that wouldn't happen.

Well no use complaining. Can't wait to see what they do about the guild HQ though.

diavolo
October 14, 2011, 11:10 AM
nice chapter BUT the bad guys had 7 whole years to strengthen up and FT remain the same...
i hopre that the had some kind of level up

shinsengumi
October 14, 2011, 11:17 AM
so i was right in the end ,saying they just time-travelled .but its not certain yet i guess

kevin2008
October 14, 2011, 11:39 AM
It seems like the girl is FT's First master (malvis).She used the third magic spell "fairy sphere" which has side affect of sending them 7 years into the future or freezing them for 7 years??!!! So they did not age like the others even after the seven year time skip!!!!!!!

RaveDragon
October 14, 2011, 11:47 AM
It seems like the girl is FT's First master (malvis).She used the third magic spell "fairy sphere" which has side affect of sending them 7 years into the future or freezing them for 7 years??!!! So they did not age like the others even after the seven year time skip!!!!!!!

That explains the how they survived and why they didnt age all we need to know now is why mashima had to do this. Did he want to go for the dragon celebration which takes place every number of years (probably seven) and the dragons couldnt go back due to going there and being blocked when they disappeared on 7/7/777?

Lucy's celestial spirits muct be worried (Aquarius is probably pissed) and what about her dad she did want to meet him so he might say something with capricorn on her mum leading to the dragon arc. But first i guess twilight ogre must be taken care off and the new 'era' mus be explored, Ivan and Raven Tail must have done something to stir trouble up so im guessing we might go to the raven tail arc with highlights for the dragon arc. Knowing Mashima though we still have loads of chapters to go through first

OPN
October 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
....and there goes any redeeming part of the timeskip...thanks mashima for wasting a perfectly good chance for natsu and them to get stronger.

masgrande
October 14, 2011, 12:45 PM
That was fast:p. I was hoping to see a little more of the world before the missing members came back but is nice to see them all happy, things were a little depressing.

wooticus
October 14, 2011, 01:50 PM
well their wound seem totally healed up and they got slight changes in their outfit. Either mavis healed them (which would leave her uber powerful) or it wasn't a total time skip but more something like a... 7 days in real word counts like 7 weeks in fairy sphere or something like that?

edit: well maybe the island was "fairy sphered" all the time and that was the reason for zeref being there. The first master mavis went to that island along with zeref to catch him into a time sphere so he can't harm anybody again. But sometimes that island appears. Before they went to that island they stated that it is usually protected by a barrier spell that prevents people from going there

Atobe the king
October 14, 2011, 02:18 PM
Interesting, didn't see that coming...lets see where this goes now...i personally think mashima couldnt decide what older FT would look like :P

Darjaille
October 14, 2011, 02:30 PM
Lol, so much for a timeskip. I'm actually glad though, better they remaining the same, 25yrs old Team Natsu would be so off :XD
Looks like we got Mavis right and also the third spell.
From what I can see, I like the chapter.

Mavis is so cuuute :wtf

susanoo13
October 14, 2011, 02:41 PM
Wait a second with all the "no one got any stronger", did anyone take into a count something like a DBZ backwards time chamber or an alternate place that FT has been where the time is elapsed faster than usual?

Also who knows when and where did FT return since all we know is that they are alive, they could have came back a year ago and studied under Mavis for some powerup for all we know, Natsu might have learned from Gazzile how to enter Dragon force through fire alone like Gazzile does with iron, Erza might have some new armor made by Mavis which might be a fairy armor(sounds kinda lame but Fairy Glitter doesn't sound that threatening also) another thing that I wonder is how Gerard looks after the timeskip...

Krono
October 14, 2011, 02:53 PM
Wait a second with all the "no one got any stronger", did anyone take into a count something like a DBZ backwards time chamber or an alternate place that FT has been where the time is elapsed faster than usual?

That Wendy's the same is a pretty good indication that time hasn't greatly passed for them.

Also who knows when and where did FT return since all we know is that they are alive, they could have came back a year ago and studied under Mavis for some powerup for all we know, Natsu might have learned from Gazzile how to enter Dragon force through fire alone like Gazzile does with iron, Erza might have some new armor made by Mavis which might be a fairy armor(sounds kinda lame but Fairy Glitter doesn't sound that threatening also) another thing that I wonder is how Gerard looks after the timeskip...

In one panel, Mavis is making mention of 7 years.

kidopitz27
October 14, 2011, 04:11 PM
That's it? no changes at all? Hiro just change the state of Fairy Tail so become a weak guild and that's it? that's BS man! then why did he use those 7 year time skip just after 2 chapter and they are back again i hope he just make Romeo a bit of a story though

so all Romeo does is stand there and nothing?

LoS
October 14, 2011, 05:04 PM
Interesting, didn't see that coming...lets see where this goes now...i personally think mashima couldnt decide what older FT would look like :P

No. Having Wendy young plays a cute factor, same with having the girls be teenage and not adults plays into the audience who would rather ogle younger girls than adults.

Makarov might croak in 7 more years, the teenaged boys would be grown men and no longer have a similarity with the teenaged audience since theyd be older than the readers.

Obvious was obvious, from Mavis, to them not aging. Sad bit is that them not getting stronger is boring since we have seen just how much stronger the Dragons and Zeref are.

kidopitz27
October 14, 2011, 06:00 PM
i think Mashima is high when he decided to make it 7 years! and then when he saw his work he probably said WTF! did i do? i was thinking only for 2-3 years! so that no changes will happen on the lost FT members oh Sh*t! i'm screwed :)

tobeulp
October 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
Actually for me it is a good thing that they didn't grow up and had super power up why? because if they had 7yrs to train then when they will be back the other guilds will be just like trash for them and they will pretty much over power all of the other guild because in the first place they are a S rank guild already if they had 7 yrs to train then they will massacre competition... This isn't like One Piece where luffy & co. are way weaker than the admirals etc so they definitely need the training time...

With the whole 7 yrs time skip we could see more enemies emerging we could see them train more or power up more before they could challenge the dragons I don't want to see them had 7yrs training time then started to challenge dragons out of nowhere... For me this is the best scenario

diavolo
October 14, 2011, 08:47 PM
why should they get such a crazy power up as you say?
they could at least be come 2-3 times better maximum. besides meanwhile in their absense the world(meaning the magic community) had 7 whole years to grow stronger and change. if they remained in "stasis" for 7 years they are way behind and they will need a major boost in their fighting power somehow in a crazy short period of time.
we should not assume they could get crazy strong from some training either it is 7 or 1 year. Mashima would keep it interesting and normal i think...

Kazu-Sama
October 14, 2011, 10:06 PM
Natsu and the gang didn't really need a powerup. They'd just beat the strongest dark guild, with the 7 kin falling to Natsu, Gray, Lucy (+ summons) Fried and Ersa. Team Natsu and team Luxus can beat most guilds by themselves - and even the strongest ones stand a good chance of falling. Granted, Dragons can solo them. But short of that they're currently unbeatable, pretty much. So I think giving time for the opponents to get stronger is a good thing.

tobeulp
October 14, 2011, 10:23 PM
@diavolo
If they are stuck in an island for 7yrs and they get their ass kick by a dragon would they want to just sit there wait for 7yrs or train their asses off to be able to fight a dragon..
Who do you think be left for Fairy tail to fight if they train for 7yrs and had super power up they just fought one of the greatest or the strongest dark guild and beat them so letting them power up more will be pointless because there isn't anybody left to fight besides the dragons... The rivals of Fairy tail before the time skip is pretty much 1 or 2 more guilds and they are pretty much equal so if they fought we would just get a same old Erza dominating etc... Point is Fairy Tail catching up isn't a bad idea but a superb one..
@Kazu-Sama
That is pretty much the thing why mashima didn't let the FT elites had a leisure of 7 yrs to train more because there will be no competition anymore they are pretty much one or the strongest guild already..

kkck
October 14, 2011, 10:28 PM
Actually gajeel has his bandages in one of the images. I think they simply slept the last seven years rather than they being there fooling around or anything.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I am kinda disappointed that romeo was so irrelevant though. What was the point of having a chapter dedicated to him watching the ocean? I guess that since he should be around 13 he would have developed his magic enough to take part in the adventures with the gang. It'd be interesting if he serves as a love interest for wendy though.

Ifrit
October 15, 2011, 12:38 AM
Looks like we got Mavis right and also the third spell.

Are you guys guessing that Mavis "Fairy Tail first master this young O.o" used Fairy Tail 3rd spell ? or is it said in the Spoiler ?

I wasn't expecting them to appear next chapter...I didn't think 2 of 3 Fairy Tail great magic will be used in 1 Arc if that is true...

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Sad bit is that them not getting stronger is boring since we have seen just how much stronger the Dragons and Zeref are.

I never imagined I'll ever agree with something you post...But I agree with you on this one :P

It just prove my theory that it will be Fire+Lighting+Poison+Wind+Metal Natsu Slayer Vs Acnologia because at this rate...Acnologia is just too much to be handled by Natsu Level of power...

And you never know it may end up Acnologia gets weak when there is no Hatred around...which is just stupid hehehe

Kuzumikun
October 15, 2011, 12:53 AM
im acutally kinda glad they didnt change i love them as their ages right now XD

RaveDragon
October 15, 2011, 01:42 AM
Here's a translation of the spoilers Credits go to Campa from here:http://forum.mangastream.com/showthread.php?t=6669&page=36

Page where FT is returning-
Erza: We're here now
Natsu: Tadaima! (traditional Japanese greeting when one returns home)
Cana: Booze! BOOZE!
Makarov: What's with this puny guild?
Lucy: Wow! Isn't this neat?

Page with "Mysterious White Girl"-
Girl: My name is Mavis (pronounced May-vis, I never knew that). I'm Fairy Tail's founding Master, Mavis Vermillion.

Page with New FT reuniting with Old FT-
Happy: In the end, it was the trust and bonds in everyone's hearts. (I don't really know this sentence structure yet. This one was hard for me.)
Jet & Droy: Something about a conversation... (the furigana's too blurry and I don't have my Kanji Dictionary yet...)
Takeover Siblings: Everyone's combined feelings made one of the three great magics of Fairy Tail!
Cana & Gildartz: We ended up activating Fairy Sphere. It was that spell that saved our guild. The ultimate pest control magic.
(It may end up being romanized as "Fairy Spirit" instead of "Fairy Sphere")

Page with Mavis facing Old + New FT-
Mavis: However, you ended up being frozen in a seal for seven years...
Makarov: How is it... that we ended up being protected by the first generation?
Mavis: No, your strength was what activated that magic. I don't give preferred treatment. It was your unshakable resolve and strong bonds that saved you. (roughly. It's basically a nakama speech.)

Page with Mavis smiling-
Mavis: You've become a strong guild. Third generation.
Makarov: and... well...

Last Page-
Natsu: You got all big! Romeo.
Romeo: Okaerinasai! Natsu! Everyone! (traditional Japanese greeting when one returns home)

Im glad they're still young, it would be too much for them to be old, I guess mashima wanted to get Fairy Tail guild all explained so he can focus on other things now.

They might be stronger, they seem conscious of not being in thier world for a while so maybe it's like they were in a chamber where time didnt flow and they trained.

Bludvein
October 15, 2011, 01:47 AM
Looks like Nakama Power is still in business:eyeroll. They somehow managed to activate a magic they have never seen or used through the power of friendship....spare me....

Pepius
October 15, 2011, 02:21 AM
Why do i have filling that Mavis and Zeref have history together.

Ninja_Pirate
October 15, 2011, 03:41 AM
from the translation i got //Fairy Spirit//"The ultimate pest control magic" ... dragon-->pest???

It does sound like they were just freezes in time/crystal and they have not lived that 7 years... no training nothing.... it like another day for FT members.. and the world has moved on... (thankfully its not like our world..otherwise they would have been amazed seeing apple world(RIP steve jobs)) ...

History together... You mean some naughty history :p

Ifrit
October 15, 2011, 03:54 AM
Looks like Nakama Power is still in business:eyeroll. They somehow managed to activate a magic they have never seen or used through the power of friendship....spare me....

hahahah...yeah after reading RaveDragon post..I was shocked...The spell wasn't done by Mavis....hehehe...it's a waste the 3rd great magic of Fairy Tail is to hold hands in a circle shape.....and this Great magic will put you to sleep for 7 years....

Dear Mavis...

Fairy Glitter "ur magic sucks" & if it's you that made the 3rd spell " it also suck"

Makarov Fairy Law is the strongest so please Mavis "cast the 3rd great magic on ur self" & go back to sleep...

Sincerely

Ninja_Pirate
October 15, 2011, 04:08 AM
But atleast after this chapter.. we have lead for number 7./... it was the year 777 when dragon disappeared... 7 years later acnologia appeared again.. or zeref came in picture .. acnologia came from different dimension.. and zeref also was said to be in sleep... and we got a magic in hand which when activated makes the user go to sleep or freezes him for exactly "seven" years ... rest i leave it to lucy.. she will figure out something from this info.. ;)

Darjaille
October 15, 2011, 04:26 AM
But atleast after this chapter.. we have lead for number 7./... it was the year 777 when dragon disappeared... 7 years later acnologia appeared again.. or zeref came in picture .. acnologia came from different dimension.. and zeref also was said to be in sleep... and we got a magic in hand which when activated makes the user go to sleep or freezes him for exactly "seven" years ... rest i leave it to lucy.. she will figure out something from this info.. ;)

Hmm, we'd have to get explanation how could Layla use one of Three Great Fairy spells when she wasn't in Fairy Tail, but it makes sense, kind of.
It would mean that Layla should appear as well as Acnologia and Zeref did, right? And it would also mean other dragons weren't send or sealed, because they were shown communicating.
But it definitely seems like Fairy Sphere was used in 777.

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 05:47 AM
People forgetting that everyone else did age? I mean ofc the most important cast has stayed the same but what about Erzas former nakama? And not to forget Jellal? Or what about Ultear and Meredy? Those have all aged and are linked to members of this 7 years frozen group.
Jellal is now what? 24/25? Erza is still 17/18 or so? Also Ultear is now hitting close to the 30s, and Meredy will be older as well( i cant recall how old she is now)

Ninja_Pirate
October 15, 2011, 05:54 AM
People forgetting that everyone else did age? I mean ofc the most important cast has stayed the same but what about Erzas former nakama? And not to forget Jellal? Or what about Ultear and Meredy? Those have all aged and are linked to members of this 7 years frozen group.
Jellal is now what? 24/25? Erza is still 17/18 or so? Also Ultear is now hitting close to the 30s, and Meredy will be older as well( i cant recall how old she is now)

No one is forgetting that.. and anyways what is so bad about it... what if Jellal aged.. i think erza will like a mature and old jellal... girls like older guys.. :amuse {u know what i mean} ... and i think that was the idea.. FT power was raising and the time did come when council's eyes were on them.. so it was good that it happened... world must have grown.. and FT is again back to being a normal guild.. and out of council's eyes..

RaveDragon
October 15, 2011, 06:18 AM

I dont think Mashima minds age really looking at his other works if you know what i mean Jellalxerza will survive xD plus i think FT is in an age not as modern as ours, Lucy was being married off and i doubt marrying someone older then you is a problem =/

Personally i think Mashima will just focus on the still teen group and is telling us 'look these are the imp characters', they'll want to find acnologia Natsu for sure will want that. next week will probably be an information arc
pn whats to come, maybe some shocking revelations if we're lucky although i think we'll have to wait for twilight ogre to be burnt to itty bitty ashes :derp

Darjaille
October 15, 2011, 06:54 AM
Fairy Tail is out

Lol Rave you were right, they beat the crap out of Twilight ogre XDD

Seems like Romeo uses some kind of fire magic. Am I right if I think he uses those bracelets?

I liked the Tadaima spread, they look like they just came back from a vacation :D

Hm, to the Fairy Sphere. I'm used to nakama power. I can take it. They were on Fairy Island, Mavis was proud of them, she saved them, we know 3 Fairy Spells are overpower. Just remember Fairy Law.
I'm glad it was so fast and they're back now.

But I still hope next chapter things will start move. Those were two trans chapters, now let's get into action.

feanaro
October 15, 2011, 06:58 AM
chapter (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/36793192/1)is out ;)

so... how do you call this kind of plot?
was it a timeskip? i mean surely but nothing changed really.. however, great idea ^^
looking forward to whatever comes;) only two major dark guilds left/zeref/ dragons apearing again/what will the magical council say? XD the times have changed!

wooticus
October 15, 2011, 07:02 AM
chapter is out on mangastream.

so actually mavis did trigger fairy sphere, she just converted nakama power into magical power.. well.. guess that's something happening since the beginning of the manga^^
Also i didn't completely understand that etheral body stuff... Was she awakened by nakama-power? or was she just floating around there and gave her last power to call up fairy sphere.

After all it was a quick comeback and the funny ogre guild was roflstomped. I wonder if they'll really fight them or something.. maybe they have some powerful members after all if they're that big.

All in all i enjoyed the chapter but there's one thing i didn't like. What was that blue pegasus stuff all about? Come on? They came back just to tell them Tenrou island might be back.. and then they didn't help searching.. i at least thought they would come searching with their cristina airship. So it was pure fanservice after all to show the trimen for 3 pages and now they vanished again.

Next chapter will probably feature some history lesson of what happened in those empty 7 years. And makarov figuring out how to explain to the council that they made holiday for 7 years and didn't age a day.

btw: i hope there won't be a new magic council again. That would be the third one and we haven't seen the abilities of any member of the former 2.

One last note: I think now we have the reason for Hiro showing jellal in some panels during the erza vs asuma fight. I guess he wanted to give him a goodbye before letting him age for 7 years. Maybe he fled from prison? Maybe he's still in it. I don't think they'll had him executed offscreen. Let's see where this arc is heading, i'm expecting a short one with only the main characters involved (natsu, lucy, erza, gray, wendy).

Possibilites for future arcs might be:
- rescue jellal
- fighting tartaros
- fighting raven tail
- fighting grimoire heart again - with zeref as new leader. after all they didn't get totally beaten

i wonder if polyushka is still alive? she's pretty old as well. Same goes for the other guild masters that were in makarovs team when he was young.

Ero-Sanji
October 15, 2011, 07:05 AM
Sooo, now Jet and Droy are seven years older than Levy...
I guess it's OK since she's old enough, but that's what caught my mind in this entire chapter.

I would have preferred it if they had gotten older as well, since, well, now Natsu and the rest will be just as strong if not stronger than people who have been training and fighting for the last seven years, while they have been sleeping. It will be interesting to see how and what the antagonists have done to the world.

I mean a part from FT what guild on this continent could challenge Tartaros and Raven tail if they are at the same level of Oracíon Seis and Grimoire heart?

Pirulito
October 15, 2011, 07:08 AM
Never was a problem guy who is 25 dating or marrying a girl who is 18, RaveDragon.

Anyway, about the chapter:

Really?!Really?!Really?!
Up till now, what a waste of timeskip!
Would it hurt if the main cast grow up a little?

How boring you can be sometimes, Mashima, keeping yourself stuck in the same old things. The power of true friendship is amazing indeed, I agree and I know it can really stop the time sometimes. That's why some people have never grown up in life.
But, dude, innovation is never a problem and, in my opinion, must to be pinciple for any art.

And that's why you, apparently, will be just a nice mangaka of a nice manga when you could be more higher. Add something new in this circle of same old things, dude. New designs to the main cast would be a boost in this serie.

:fail

Newkerzy
October 15, 2011, 07:09 AM
*Groan* nakama bullshit again..... but anyways, what do you guys think about the master succession issue?? I have a feeling Makarov will actually leave it to Makao. Now that all the main members are back, they should be fine now. Macao will stay as the 4th, Makarov will retire and focus on his duties as part of the 10 Saints for the remaining time he has as of now. Gildartz will be Macao's right hand man along with Wakaba and not do missions anymore so that FT can ensure their comeback is goes well. With Gildartz at his side, FT essentially has 2 masters in the guild, because if anything happens, Gildartz can just take over.

Next chapter will probably give an update on the 2 remaining major dark guilds, and it's likely that Luxus will be Gazille's partner in infiltrating his old man's guild.

Samui
October 15, 2011, 07:14 AM
This is hilariously bad. They didn't even get stronger. Doesn't even look like Zeref has made his move yet. What the hell is the point of the time skip? Mashima did it just for the sake of doing it.

Skyguardian
October 15, 2011, 07:14 AM
I knew she was Mavis.
Was a great chapter. Loved to see them again so soon. :)

Now to a different thing. The likes of you who didn't realize after 255 chapters what this manga is about... Stop reading or just don't complain. I don't get you people. It was clear right of the beginning this would be about the power of friendship. WHY are you still complaining? Why?!
Sorry but this just gets on my nerves...

Jorge D. Dragon
October 15, 2011, 07:16 AM
I really hope there will be a new Master. It would be better if Gildartz or Luxus will become Master, because they are way stronger and are more respected by gildmembers.
I hope we are going to see an update on the current history and power balance in the world.

Dylan21
October 15, 2011, 07:23 AM
I really don't see the point of this timeskip .... maybe it's like some of you say, that another dragon will appear.
But in the state they are now , what can they do ? Nothing , aside some other nakama bullshit . I was hoping on something completely different
Fairy Law, Fairy Glitter now Fairy Sphere... without a doubt this was the worst

jacke12
October 15, 2011, 07:26 AM
This chapter was cool the best thing in this chapter was BOOM BAM KAPOW and the Orges are beaten like lil pups

MyuuMyuu
October 15, 2011, 07:29 AM
So i was wrong with the girl being a Fairy .. she indeed was Mavis as many of you predicted. I am not sure what "ethereal body" means, but i think its somehow means that Mavis ain't alive, .. but more like a ghost or a source of power? Because she was extremly young. Was Mavis a girl? Or is it just this "ethereal body" appearance that makes him/she look like.. yeah a Fairy i would say.
But i did hit jackpot on the "They wont age" thing. I just couldn't imaging them all... old xD
Right now this timeskip seems kinda.. meh, pointless. Everyone returned after 1½ chapter .. nothing changed, only that some of the members got older. Thats kinda weird too, when you think about Bisca and her man (forgot name) and Levy two idiot-friends used to be the same age as the rest, but now is much older.. The same with older guild. Leon, Grays friend from the other guild, is also 7 years older now.. strange. UNLESS! In next chapter, all the characters begins to age :D lolol, that would be kinda funny. But most likely won't happen.. It really did seems pointless this timeskip. But who knows, in the next chapters we might discover something new, and suddenly the timeskip will totally fit in (But i doubt it.. Hiro Mashima ain't good at making plot ..)

Zeltrax
October 15, 2011, 07:32 AM
Um..I wasn't let down or anything because I totally called it.
and since this is ft.. but you guys are still right, the ft now can't do anything. I really hope mashima
don't go back to his old ways of writing before this the simple formula of "ft beats bad guys up again and again with powerups or friendship" because then its pretty obvious that mashima is not putting any thought into it.

Not particularly happy or sad about this chapter, it's just back to the same old fairy tail.

The ironic thing is that zeref says that they'll be on a long journey again...

lol, it's not even long for natsu.

kidopitz27
October 15, 2011, 07:34 AM
so nothing no strong natsu just 7 years of suspended animation and thats it?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

cutesherry
October 15, 2011, 07:40 AM
I actually would like to point out something: the length of Natsu's scarf significantly changed, I tried to convince myself that it was because it was wrapped differently but the difference is really too huge to be passed off as such @__@
If my attention hadn't been drown to it after seeing it turn black in a previous chapter I wouldn't have given a damn about it, but now I'm wondering if it actually means something? What do you guys think?

kidopitz27
October 15, 2011, 07:41 AM
I actually would like to point out something: the length of Natsu's scarf significantly changed, I tried to convince myself that it was because it was wrapped differently but the difference is really too huge to be passed off as such @__@
If my attention hadn't been drown to it after seeing it turn black in a previous chapter I wouldn't have given a damn about it, but now I'm wondering if it actually means something? What do you guys think?

Mavis already said it that they spend 7 years on suspended animation meaning natsu is under that pile of soil for 7 years hahahaha top that david blane :P

and also Laxus is there right? the small head on the left side of Gildarts :) wow Laxus head is really simple looking :)

kakashidad
October 15, 2011, 07:47 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/255
It's out..and guess what,i was right in saying that it was mavis vermillion..lmao.Here's the oringnal post...

Re: Fairy Tail 253 Spoiler Thread
Man i remember coming in here and saying that,that lil dude was Romeo way back lol.I was'nt
taken seriously..oh well.
Now i would also say.That we just saw the embodiment of Mavis the 1st mage of fairy tail.I'm
also expecting the usual crowd to gripe about a lack of makarov dying...but i think that would
not of progressed the plot of the story as much as this.

This is awesome.It was unexpected by most if not all.This way imo when they do reappear they
will be at the peak of their powers so to speak.It'll also be interesting to see.How the rest of the
guild did without it's strongest members?

Bludvein
October 15, 2011, 07:50 AM
Ok, so it wasn't quite as bad as the spoiler led me to believe, but still pretty screwed up. Instead of their nakama power somehow initiating the spell, Mavis converted their feelings through some hitherto unknown method(aka deus ex machina) into magical power and then cast the spell herself.

I still feel cheated. The potential of the time skip was wasted.

Zeltrax
October 15, 2011, 07:51 AM
I just realized something..
all of the 7 years mysteries of fairy tail can be simply solve by fairy sphere.

Sollum
October 15, 2011, 07:53 AM
Next chapter we should see main force of Phantom Ogres.

My gut tells me that we will see someone from the "past", question is - who?

kidopitz27
October 15, 2011, 07:59 AM
WHY! did Mashima wasted those 7 years just to say Natsu is under the ruble for 7 years? i can understand of Natsu is under that soil because mavis summoned the island and Natsu got tossed around in the island and got under the soil/dirt but suspended animation for 7 years in soil/dirt is really annoying

or maybe Mashima just made them trained for 7 years to get ready for the impending doom of the world from the black dragon

but Mashima just wasted the plot of 7 years :(

RaveDragon
October 15, 2011, 08:01 AM
Never was a problem guy who is 25 dating or marrying a girl who is 18, RaveDragon.

Anyway, about the chapter:

Really?!Really?!Really?!
Up till now, what a waste of timeskip!
Would it hurt if the main cast grow up a little?

How boring you can be sometimes, Mashima, keeping yourself stuck in the same old things. The power of true friendship is amazing indeed, I agree and I know it can really stop the time sometimes. That's why some people have never grown up in life.
But, dude, innovation is never a problem and, in my opinion, must to be pinciple to the any art.

And that's why you, apparently, will be just a nice mangaka of a nice manga when you could be more higher. Add something new in this circle of same old things, dude. New designs to the main cast would be a boost in this serie.

:fail

I set limits as long as he's not over ten years older but technically they are the same age =/

I dont want them to age that would be right or a least thats what i feel its better this way but some new clothes designs and a training arc could be nice.

Friendship club lol xD that was funny, seems mashima is saying that he likes ft the way it is after all, sorry if you dont like nakama powerups and such in a magical guild were friendship is top 1 then...I got used to it, it does get old sometimes but Mashima has talent his art and plots are really good so i end up loving ft for what it is.

I did like the chapter its just the theyre back chapter and whyare you saying nothing changed? we dont know yet what happened during the time skip apart for the ft view. Im waiting for some good arc start next week since twilight ogre will probably be out xD hahaha great ass whoppin natsu!

This might be the arc for the 7 years mysteries xD

zelllogan
October 15, 2011, 08:02 AM
I just read the most stupid chapter in shounen history. This is a disgrace to the mangaworld.
What in the world was that ? I never read such an easy trick to explain a timeskip.

Even the hardcore fans have to be disappointed by this.
This is beyond words ...

LoS
October 15, 2011, 08:20 AM
Converted bonds and faith.... into magic power

slaps head.

I think unfortunately it IS the point of no return.

DEATHBOTT
October 15, 2011, 08:27 AM
i don't get that time skip. the main cast hasn't grown and the secondry cast seem to still be weaker than them. atleast he could have made it so the secondry cast took out twighlight ogre and not natsu and co.

1337 haxor
October 15, 2011, 08:33 AM
So it was Mavis, looks like Carnag3 was right, reps for him.

Now we know the three FT great magics:

-Fairy Law is an uber area denial weapon with friendly fire detection.
-Fairy Glitter is a cannon of sorts but we never got to see it's real strenght.
-Fairy Sphere is an uber hax shield that can tank the attack of the dragon of Apocalypse.

On a sidenote Mavis is a loli, is it me or Mashima changed interest from big breasted chicks to lolis?

I mean, excluding the counterparts in Edolas the last three female characters introduced (not counting Lisanna because she was already known) are lolis.

First was Wendy, then Meredy and now Mavis I am missing some chesty newcomer to the fray.

On another sidenote don't tell me that Mashima will try to pair up Wendy with Romeo, kid with kid couple is way to predictable.

Anyhow next arc will be filler rubish about FT trashing that Twilight Ogre guild and then we will get into more serious matters like Raven Tail, Tartaros or Zeref.

By the way that timeskip is oddly placed or as least poorly executed, I hope the reason behind it makes up for it later because there wasn't even an inch of thrill in nuking people for 7 years just to reedo the nakama never dies twist again.

Pirulito
October 15, 2011, 08:34 AM
I set limits as long as he's not over ten years older but technically they are the same age =/

I dont want them to age that would be right or a least thats what i feel its better this way but some new clothes designs and a training arc could be nice.

Friendship club lol xD that was funny, seems mashima is saying that he likes ft the way it is after all, sorry if you dont like nakama powerups and such in a magical guild were friendship is top 1 then...I got used to it, it does get old sometimes but Mashima has talent his art and plots are really good so i end up loving ft for what it is.

I did like the chapter its just the theyre back chapter and whyare you saying nothing changed? we dont know yet what happened during the time skip apart for the ft view. Im waiting for some good arc start next week since twilight ogre will probably be out xD hahaha great ass whoppin natsu!

This might be the arc for the 7 years mysteries xD

I'm not against the nakama powerups. I like it, in reality. That's why I read Fairy Tail and other shonens in general.
My critique is: normally, you have a topic and a lof of themes. These themes can adorn, improve the quality of any art. In Fairy Tail, you have only friendship, you know. I'm not saying Mashima needs to get rid of it. He can keep it but add new adorns. This is basic.
That is the same old things.

Rarhyx
October 15, 2011, 08:34 AM
I expected an "resucue/finding the main cast"- arc.
but well mashima didn't surprise me the first time^^

I don't know whatswrong with you all guys.
I think you just got too much mainstream. (aka timeskips are for growing/training/getting power/whatever)

I liked the fast few chapters of fairy tail, because it's something new and not that shitty 08/15 training time skip

Fomano
October 15, 2011, 08:40 AM
Geez, what a waste of chapters. No growing, no rescue mission, nothing at all. At least I was right about that girl being Mavis.

Zeltrax
October 15, 2011, 08:51 AM
I was under the impression that half of the people reading fairy tail having certain standards had already gotten used to how the plot moves, the friendship and deus ex machina.

At this point I'm pretty sure that ft's plot is not excellent but we have to look at the other good points of ft right? If there wasn't, people won't be following it.
I rather spend my time doing something innovative instead of reading posts here but I care about fairy tail and the direction it is going and the thoughts of people on mh.

tl;dr, I'm not a mod, but please don't flame or bash. Constructive criticism is good but not posts after posts of bashing and flaming fairy tail. People who like ft and read this thread don't want to see pages of pages of bashing. Let's try to look forward to the upcoming arc.

kakashidad
October 15, 2011, 09:00 AM
So it was Mavis, looks like Carnag3 was right, reps for him.

Now we know the three FT great magics:

-Fairy Law is an uber area denial weapon with friendly fire detection.
-Fairy Glitter is a cannon of sorts but we never got to see it's real strenght.
-Fairy Sphere is an uber hax shield that can tank the attack of the dragon of Apocalypse.

On a sidenote Mavis is a loli, is it me or Mashima changed interest from big breasted chicks to lolis?

I mean, excluding the counterparts in Edolas the last three female characters introduced (not counting Lisanna because she was already known) are lolis.

First was Wendy, then Meredy and now Mavis I am missing some chesty newcomer to the fray.

On another sidenote don't tell me that Mashima will try to pair up Wendy with Romeo, kid with kid couple is way to predictable.

Anyhow next arc will be filler rubish about FT trashing that Twilight Ogre guild and then we will get into more serious matters like Raven Tail, Tartaros or Zeref.

By the way that timeskip is oddly placed or as least poorly executed, I hope the reason behind it makes up for it later because there wasn't even an inch of thrill in nuking people for 7 years just to reedo the nakama never dies twist again.

Meh!Carnag3 reply to your post and gets acknowledged for mentioning Mavis but his
post was leading more to a gateway or something..i on the otherhand Named what
many thought to be either a dragon slayer or a fairy to be The 1st MASTER Mavis...still i'm
not one that needs to recreate their own deluded opinion as fact,ah well:tem

tobeulp
October 15, 2011, 09:02 AM
Aside from the Nakama sphere thing this is pretty much for the best no power up for the elites or etc...
If you guys just look at the brighter side if FT elites had trained for 7yrs the only enemy for them is the dragons because before the time skip they are pretty much the strongest already... So with 7yrs of them hibernating we could see a lot of new enemies will emerge, Enemies having power ups like Grimoire and we still couldn't see they trash Dragons that I think will be near the ending already so we still pretty much have a long way to enjoy Fairy Tail..
If you guys just don't compare this to One Piece time skip you could accept it to be better and will think it is better this way..

k-dom
October 15, 2011, 09:03 AM
What really is a surprise is why so many people are surprised with this
When I read that time skip that comes out of no where without real purpose and with the members disappearing leaving no trace. The only thing that I could make out of it was that they would not grow up and that it was not really a time skip.
I must admit I have no idea what the purpose of this 7 years is. A time skip is when the hero need to be stronger, but so far Fairy Tail didn't need it because they were never defeated. So maybe Mashima made an anti time skip where the hero are too powerful and it's the enemy who get stronger :-)

kkck
October 15, 2011, 09:05 AM

I really doubt it. Zeref trashed the world 400 years ago. In turn we only have 3 consecutive generations of fairy tail since mavis. One way or another mavis is at most from 200 years ago and that is assuming she was the first master when she was very young, passed on to purehito when she was very old and later on he passes the baton to makarov as we saw.

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 09:10 AM
What sort of bugs me (and mashima could always fix this) is some sense of OMG i just missed out 7 years of my close friends lives, or Lucy perhaps wondering if her dad is still alive, or Erza wondering what happend to Jelal... you know its just that there is just the big smile guess whos back thing.

Another note? Lucy talked as narrator about something tragical that happend...did it already happen or was it just some hyp put there by Mashima to get us all eager for more?

Dont get me wrong i love FT but i think we could get more in depth about how everyone feels about them missing out 7 years of their life.

About the girl being Mavis i kinda hoped it, and it so happens to be, as for the 7 year thing i always said it could be 1 or the other, i just hoped more for them to age 7 years and had been living in another dimension or pocket of space on the island. I just hope now we get more serious and that they (the ones who skipped 7 years) start worrying and wondering about those they didnt see and care about. And not just some beerhall fest -_-

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Exactly

Exactly is a short reply :P The enemy doesnt need to get stronger... That dragon could have 1shotted everyone on the island, also Zeref said so himself that Natsu was still not able to beat him. So..what enemy? Hades is dead so thats that :D

Going to the Ravens and the others of the Alliance would be mere suspension before meeting with Zeref again. Thats all there is too it :D

kkck
October 15, 2011, 09:13 AM
I wonder if levy is getting a new team. Technically jet and droy are too old for her now. Add in her former lack of interest in them. Perhaps she will form a new team with gajeel. I guess it would also make sense lily joins such a team.

As for the next few chapters, I think they will focus on the characters coping with the changes the guild went through. Since they all effectively got killed in everyone's eyes naturally their posesions in their homes were likely thrown away. In that regard at least the girls are bound to not be very happy. Natsu lived in a secluded area so perhaps his things are just as they were 7 years ago. There is also the issue of all the debt the guild is in and the lack of jobs. If there are banks in that world then perhaps makarov and gildarts can deal with the situation though (a master of a guild and a double s class mage are bound to have some money right?). I guess it also makes sense macao will step down from being the master although makarov would perhaps see it fit to finally retire.

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 09:17 AM
I really doubt it. Zeref trashed the world 400 years ago. In turn we only have 3 consecutive generations of fairy tail since mavis. One way or another mavis is at most from 200 years ago and that is assuming she was the first master when she was very young, passed on to purehito when she was very old and later on he passes the baton to makarov as we saw.

I wont claim that Zeref and Mavis have history however it is a possibility, regardless of how you look at it Makarov is a old geezer and hes the 3rd master, Hades still alive is even older, Makarov became master in his 40s. So Mavis should be friggin over 100 at least. (Makarov is over 80 ) She doesnt look taht old so its either that she is a spirit borrowing the islands magic to materialize or shes a dragonslayer since i suspect Zeref is 1 too.

The entire Dragonslayer thing bugs me and why well Zeref says he knows Natsu and hes still not capable of beating Zeref, we also know Natsu aged normally like humans around him, Grey,Erza,Lisanna. Its not like he stayed a little kid for 100s of years and slowly ages.
So what im thinking is that Dragons (dragonslayers) are immortal in the sense of reincarnation. That Natsu simply got reborn :P (still a vague theory with little evidence but it would fit in better with Zeref > Acknologica and Mavis)

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I wonder if levy is getting a new team. Technically jet and droy are too old for her now. Add in her former lack of interest in them. Perhaps she will form a new team with gajeel. I guess it would also make sense lily joins such a team.

As for the next few chapters, I think they will focus on the characters coping with the changes the guild went through. Since they all effectively got killed in everyone's eyes naturally their posesions in their homes were likely thrown away. In that regard at least the girls are bound to not be very happy. Natsu lived in a secluded area so perhaps his things are just as they were 7 years ago. There is also the issue of all the debt the guild is in and the lack of jobs. If there are banks in that world then perhaps makarov and gildarts can deal with the situation though (a master of a guild and a double s class mage are bound to have some money right?). I guess it also makes sense macao will step down from being the master although makarov would perhaps see it fit to finally retire.

Shes gonna form a couple with Gajeel and make little iron munching slayers :D with her magic she has no trouble feeding ironmunching babies no? :P

kkck
October 15, 2011, 09:26 AM
On the other hand it does seem like erza got to keep a good deal of her stuff at least in the form of her usual luggage.

I did not expect the third of fairy tails magics to be revealed like this though. I guess with this they have the ultimate offense, fairy law, the ultimate defense, fairy sphere and fairy glitter..... the shiniest of all? WTH does fairy glitter do? Or should we just assume it pawns stuff within the circle....

Anyways, I wonder how they will ultimately get the guild back on track. A sudden revival of the core members is bound to be good marketing so perhaps getting jobs won't be as hard as it used to be. I wonder if that new guild has any actual strong members. We saw a few goons however I do doubt they will send their core members to collect money. It would be interesting if the new guild has a DS too lol. Anyways, I doubt the new magnolia guild will simply disappear after this. I also wonder what happened to a few characters during this seven years. What happened to gerard, lucy's dad or polyoshuka? I always imagined gerard getting released after the council was in need of his power for whatever reason, it is not unlikely they will randomly bump into him later on. Lucy's dad has had seven years of hard work by now, perhaps he is loaded once again. Polyoshuka was older than life, perhaps she croaked.

1337 haxor
October 15, 2011, 09:29 AM
Meh!Carnag3 reply to your post and gets acknowledged for mentioning Mavis but his
many thought to be either a dragon slayer or a fairy to be The 1st MASTER Mavis...still i'm

Ok, ok, don't be upset reps for you too then.

I get the feeling the previous arc was more or less wasted if not to reveal some truths about FT, Cana and Zeref.

Mashima threw to much powder with Grimmoire Heart, Fairy Tail and Zeref but he didn't get deeper into any of them, the revelations felt too superficial.

Hades left the guild to become a jerk for evulz, Ultear was separated from her mother and tortured but we never got to know who those child kidnappers were, Caprico was inheritance for Lucy but some random named Zoldeo stole him without we never knowing why Layla trusted him in the first place, Bluenote was a monster from a war we never got to know exhisted before he was introduced and Azuma was the most badass villain to get trolled by friendship in this series.

On FT all we discovered was the three great magics, Tenrou Island makes the guild members near immortal and that not just one but two of FT's deserters founded major dark guilds on their own.

Cana was revealed to be Gildartz daughter but their relationship is thin and she is like a shadow if the face of her father's awesomeness.

As for Zeref he was never sealed or dead, just gone emo and lost control of his powers.

At least we got to know Acnologia, he or she is quite the only villain so far not to dissapoint in this series.

Changing subjects, what will the time skip mean to some other well know characters?

I mean, Jellal was already mad in jail and now he and Erza are seven years apart. Was he told what happened with FT? Did he screamed "NOOOOO!" went berserk and escaped from prison?

Did Meredy and Ultear became a couple went to a far away village to live a peaceful life togheter and adopted children started a magical school or opened a guild?

What happened to the 100 so members of FT which roamed around the guild in the background? Did they all left or is that shack capable of housing more people than it looks.

Some questions will be tough to adress.

kkck
October 15, 2011, 09:34 AM
I wont claim that Zeref and Mavis have history however it is a possibility, regardless of how you look at it Makarov is a old geezer and hes the 3rd master, Hades still alive is even older, Makarov became master in his 40s. So Mavis should be friggin over 100 at least. (Makarov is over 80 ) She doesnt look taht old so its either that she is a spirit borrowing the islands magic to materialize or shes a dragonslayer since i suspect Zeref is 1 too.

The entire Dragonslayer thing bugs me and why well Zeref says he knows Natsu and hes still not capable of beating Zeref, we also know Natsu aged normally like humans around him, Grey,Erza,Lisanna. Its not like he stayed a little kid for 100s of years and slowly ages.
So what im thinking is that Dragons (dragonslayers) are immortal in the sense of reincarnation. That Natsu simply got reborn :P (still a vague theory with little evidence but it would fit in better with Zeref > Acknologica and Mavis)

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Shes gonna form a couple with Gajeel and make little iron munching slayers :D with her magic she has no trouble feeding ironmunching babies no? :P

I think there is a possibility that fairy tail's history goes way back to the days of zeref however not in the same form as now. For example, fairy tail being founded by the descendants of people who fought zeref or something....

Personally I think natsu was simply sleeping for 400 years. He is definitely from that long ago otherwise zeref would not know him. However he does not seem to recall being alive for that long. To me what makes the most sense is for them to have been protected by the dragons for several hundred years and then trained in DS arts.

Well, levi is a good support mage and her ability to create iron would work well with gajeel but I don't think that is a practical basis for a team. Every time gajeel gets a powerup from levy she would weaken right? Her magic is limited so boosting him would not be the best way to go about it when it comes to teamwork. Besides, levy is fairly capable by herself, wasn't she taking care of droy and jet before?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I wonder what meldy would look like now too. Mashima is not the type to skimp of fan service lol. It'd be interesting if later on she turns up to have joined a guild. Its a shame though, I always pictured her as s potential friend to wendy as she was in the same age group.

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 09:40 AM
Ok, ok, don't be upset reps for you too then.

I get the feeling the previous arc was more or less wasted if not to reveal some truths about FT, Cana and Zeref.

Mashima threw to much powder with Grimmoire Heart, Fairy Tail and Zeref but he didn't get deeper into any of them, the revelations felt too superficial.

Hades left the guild to become a jerk for evulz, Ultear was separated from her mother and tortured but we never got to know who those child kidnappers were, Caprico was inheritance for Lucy but some random named Zoldeo stole him without we never knowing why Layla trusted him in the first place, Bluenote was a monster from a war we never got to know exhisted before he was introduced and Azuma was the most badass villain to get trolled by friendship in this series.

On FT all we discovered was the three great magics, Tenrou Island makes the guild members near immortal and that not just one but two of FT's deserters founded major dark guilds on their own.

Cana was revealed to be Gildartz daughter but their relationship is thin and she is like a shadow if the face of her father's awesomeness.

As for Zeref he was never sealed or dead, just gone emo and lost control of his powers.

At least we got to know Acnologia, he or she is quite the only villain so far not to dissapoint in this series.

Changing subjects, what will the time skip mean to some other well know characters?

I mean, Jellal was already mad in jail and now he and Erza are seven years apart. Was he told what happened with FT? Did he screamed "NOOOOO!" went berserk and escaped from prison?

Did Meredy and Ultear became a couple went to a far away village to live a peaceful life togheter and adopted children started a magical school or opened a guild?

What happened to the 100 so members of FT which roamed around the guild in the background? Did they all left or is that shack capable of housing more people than it looks.

Some questions will be tough to adress.

Its possible that the timeskip serves the purpose of not having to put Ultear and Meredy in the same guild, like what happend with Gajeel, Wendy and Juvia. There was just to much absorption of mages into FT. So its indeed likely that they started a guild or at least are fighting the badguys (on their own). Asuming that Grey and the others lost their lives on the island.

Jelal most likely still rotting in jail, maybe gone into despair when hearing of Erza being killed/missing. Or perhaps he could feel her presence as in still being alive who knows. Frogs prolly mocking him over that too :D

As for miss hermit with the troublesome name, she might have died already... i dunno but its a great chance she did.

Skyguardian
October 15, 2011, 09:43 AM

Well I was the very first on page 1 who suggested it and I don't complain... whats up with you? :P

Well I wonder what arc is comming next? Something tells me the climax is near...

1337 haxor
October 15, 2011, 09:48 AM
Well I was the very first on page 1 who suggested it and I don't complain... whats up with you? :P

Well I wonder what arc is comming next? Something tells me the climax is near...

Ok, the next person claiming to have posted about Mavis first will get their ass beaten up!

Now that people mentioned Lucy's father he is also another folk who god knows what happened to in the past seven years.

Men was broke and got knews that his daughter most likely died at the hands of a dragon, many people would commit suicide in this situation.

On the bright side of the knews it could be that once he reencounters Lucy the grieve of losing her finally makes him spill some truth about Layla.

White Silver King
October 15, 2011, 09:49 AM
What an awful turn out. There was so much potential in that 7 Years and Mashima just blew it and set the entire manga up for one incredible disappointment after another. Everyone else in the FT world (including Hades, the rest of the 7 Kin, Tartoros, Zeref, and Raven) has had 7 years to grow in power, maturity and magical knowledge. And we know that FT, who's at the same power-level as 7 years ago (and even less because the power they demonstrated against the 7 Kin was only temporary if I understand correctly), will beat every single one of them. How disappointing...

I really doubt it. Zeref trashed the world 400 years ago. In turn we only have 3 consecutive generations of fairy tail since mavis. One way or another mavis is at most from 200 years ago
Mavis seems to be either half or an entire Fairy so she may be (semi)ageless. I mean think about it; do you really think the first master of Fairy Tail established a powerful guild, became a renowned magician and then died at the age of ~12?

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 10:02 AM
Mavis seems to be either half or an entire Fairy so she may be (semi)ageless. I mean think about it; do you really think the first master of Fairy Tail established a powerful guild, became a renowned magician and then died at the age of ~12?

I have no problem with the theory that she might be a fairy, but there is nothing that says ( she seems to be either half or entire fairy) Why half btw? someone shagged a fairy and had Mavis? lol.

I think we got a few options out there.

-Mavis is dead and her spirit resides on the island (as in she can temporarily materialize on the island to aid those of FT)
-is a dragonslayer like Natsu etc and is therefore old as old can be.
-shes a Fairy and perhaps these entities are old/ageless.
-Could even be that she is a spirit like Loki etc.

I just dont see what makes it sure or seeming she is a fairy :P She that much a egomaniac that she names the guild after her own race? :P

Another thing is that within folklore fairies are small, you know no bigger then a hand? And shes regular sized humanoid.

Raicrune
October 15, 2011, 10:02 AM
Personally I think natsu was simply sleeping for 400 years. He is definitely from that long ago otherwise zeref would not know him. However he does not seem to recall being alive for that long. To me what makes the most sense is for them to have been protected by the dragons for several hundred years and then trained in DS arts.

Yeah i think so to.. I just finished watching all FT episodes and in the lexus arc, neither Natsu or Gajeel were able to pass freed's runewall together with makarov because only the people under 80 could pass.. which means The dragon slayers could be indeed from Zeref's time ..just the soul maybe.

llamapie
October 15, 2011, 10:07 AM
:/ Well I'm not Mashima so I can't begin to fathom why he would go about a time skip like this, but hopefully it shows something. I mean, come on, 7 years and he didn't even make the effort and age them. Regardless, good chapter, I suppose.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I have no problem with the theory that she might be a fairy, but there is nothing that says ( she seems to be either half or entire fairy) Why half btw? someone shagged a fairy and had Mavis? lol.

-Mavis is dead and her spirit resides on the island (as in she can temporarily materialize on the island to aid those of FT)

I just dont see what makes it sure or seeming she is a fairy :P She that much a egomaniac that she names the guild after her own race? :P

Another thing is that within folklore fairies are small, you know no bigger then a hand? And shes regular sized humanoid.

We know Mavis' presence exists in the island, we have that entire arc. She just said that she used everyone's combined will to make an ethereal body, so its safe to say she is dead.

White Silver King
October 15, 2011, 10:08 AM

My theory had no more basis than any of yours so I don't see why it's so crazy. I just think she looks like a fairy and the fact that she named her guild Fairy Tail and uses powerful Fairy magic might indicate that she's a fairy. I'd guess she's a half-Fairy because the real thing seem to be a reclusive bunch (if there's any left in the world) so, to me, it makes sense she's half.

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
My theory had no more basis than any of yours so I don't see why it's so crazy. I just think she looks like a fairy and the fact that she named her guild Fairy Tail and uses powerful Fairy magic might indicate that she's a fairy. I'd guess she's a half-Fairy because the real thing seem to be a reclusive bunch (if there's any left in the world) so, to me, it makes sense she's half.

Then say its a theory instead of (it seems like) :P

Also i doubt shes a fairy because there is a gravesite, and she aint tiny like tinkerbell, sorry to say but she lacks anything that would make her a fairy. If shes a fairy so be it but i wont base that just off the guilds name.

RaveDragon
October 15, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'm not against the nakama powerups. I like it, in reality. That's why I read Fairy Tail and other shonens in general.
My critique is: normally, you have a topic and a lof of themes. These themes can adorn, improve the quality of any art. In Fairy Tail, you have only friendship, you know. I'm not saying Mashima needs to get rid of it. He can keep it but add new adorns. This is basic.
That is the same old things.

Not really the themes are similar but i think ther is just friendship, there's also loss, acceptance, family, love, growth, its just that friendship is the most flashy in my opinion.
I expected an "resucue/finding the main cast"- arc.
but well mashima didn't surprise me the first time^^

I don't know whatswrong with you all guys.
I think you just got too much mainstream. (aka timeskips are for growing/training/getting power/whatever)

I liked the fast few chapters of fairy tail, because it's something new and not that shitty 08/15 training time skip

Plus its not like we saw everything yet, 7 empty years is probably the real explanation of what happened 7 years ago plus Lucy has to get in contact with her dad again like someone eralier mentioned which might make him spill on something about Layla like "i thought i lost you like your mother" and poof it turns out layla encountered acnologia or helped igneel and co or something and died or is still with them *shrugs*
Capricorn might chime in to help Lucy leran some spells maybe.
I was under the impression that half of the people reading fairy tail having certain standards had already gotten used to how the plot moves, the friendship and deus ex machina.

At this point I'm pretty sure that ft's plot is not excellent but we have to look at the other good points of ft right? If there wasn't, people won't be following it.
I rather spend my time doing something innovative instead of reading posts here but I care about fairy tail and the direction it is going and the thoughts of people on mh.

tl;dr, I'm not a mod, but please don't flame or bash. Constructive criticism is good but not posts after posts of bashing and flaming fairy tail. People who like ft and read this thread don't want to see pages of pages of bashing. Let's try to look forward to the upcoming arc.

Lets face it as well, id like to add to this. This is a matter of opinions, loads of people will hate loads of people will love, for some who dont like this, ther might be loads who understand the message mashima is sending and well love it.

Mashima himself stated ft is not a dark overthought manga but something he wanted to do that would be fun, happy and adventurous. he wont change it and i sure hope he doesnt. plus its sales are pretty high so it actually is popular.

Newkerzy
October 15, 2011, 10:30 AM

That's what I think too. Macao will keep his position and Makarov will retire to focus on his duties/position in the 10 Saints group. (if they haven't found a replacement for him already) Gildartz will become Macao's right hand man along with Wakaba.

EDIT: I'm surprised no one commented on Alzack and Visca's wedding.

ErosVp
October 15, 2011, 10:54 AM
]it was the most meaningless time skip i ever saw. It surprises me everyone is okay with the fact the world got older and changed but FT didn't get even a tiny bit stronger in return for the thing they lost......
Jellal being 7 years older is not a problem for Erza, but didn't Kana had a crush on Macao? Now he is so old he could be her father!!!

Ghost, could you make a poll to see the opnions about this chapter? Like they do in One Piece discussion, five options (awful, boring, regular, goo, epic)....

Uriel
October 15, 2011, 11:33 AM
Well, congratz whoever said that the girl was Mavis. Did not see that coming, actually. And well, third magic of Fairy Tail revealed before we know about Raven Tail or Tartaros.

I kinda liked the chapter, but I've to admit that everything seemed easy. Too easy, actually. I would completely like to know more about Mavis and Zeref anyway and those three great spells origin as well, I wonder if there will be ANY reference to Mavis again.

Ghost, could you make a poll to see the opnions about this chapter? Like they do in One Piece discussion, five options (awful, boring, regular, goo, epic)....
There are here too many bashers quite often to go trough that. I do it in One Piece because I think it's somewhat a good way to measure this arc, but since FT gets negative comments every week will be something kinda frustrating.

zelllogan
October 15, 2011, 12:02 PM
There are here too many bashers quite often to go trough that. I do it in One Piece because I think it's somewhat a good way to measure this arc, but since FT gets negative comments every week will be something kinda frustrating.
It's a little unfair. IMO, I would post less bashing comments if there was a poll. It's what I do for one piece now. I just vote "awful" & that's it. I don't have much to say about the chapters. Here, it's the same thing.

But the real question is: If the manga get so many bashers, isn't it the fault of the manga itself ?

Hrathgrath
October 15, 2011, 12:03 PM
Well, congratz whoever said that the girl was Mavis. Did not see that coming, actually. And well, third magic of Fairy Tail revealed before we know about Raven Tail or Tartaros.

I kinda liked the chapter, but I've to admit that everything seemed easy. Too easy, actually. I would completely like to know more about Mavis and Zeref anyway and those three great spells origin as well, I wonder if there will be ANY reference to Mavis again.

I knew it had to be mavis, short of them pulling a new character out of their ass. but a time skip without aging?... that kinda sucks... I knew it wasn't likely to happen but I still hoped beyond hope for a nice 7 year timeskip to age and change and refresh the manga... I mean, they've changed the world in 7 years, but I would have liked the characters to change too. But now that I think of it there are some of the older characters that wouldn't have done too well with a 7year time skip. You know what would be cool though? if they had a quick aging kinda thing kinda like Ichigo in the whachamawhozit... the tunnel thing.. you know what I mean

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 12:08 PM
Lets face it as well, id like to add to this. This is a matter of opinions, loads of people will hate loads of people will love, for some who dont like this, ther might be loads who understand the message mashima is sending and well love it.

Mashima himself stated ft is not a dark overthought manga but something he wanted to do that would be fun, happy and adventurous. he wont change it and i sure hope he doesnt. plus its sales are pretty high so it actually is popular.

I like to add to that, Mashima already made a really indepth manga with a lot of tragic endings in it > Rave. Thats what he actually ment with his not dark statement. Knowing this we know that its highly unlikely that Main characters or their close tied people will die. (we had Simon and Hades but those 2 are characters that are not tied in with the main plot). In Rave thats way different. Especially with the Haru and Musica plotlines and to some extend that of Elie.
Now lets all sit back and enjoy the soft work of Mashima thats based on Nakama and (near) good endings called Fairy Tail :3.

exacta
October 15, 2011, 12:29 PM
Well that was....pointless. Fairy Tail's third spell is definitely my least favorite.....just a giant shield powered by friendship that protects everyone. Dull. Even the name sounds dull. Plus I need a break from this friendship crap.....

It's cool that the girl was Mavis, but....I mean it was just like, " LOLwasup I'm Mavis lolkthanxbai." Nothing interesting aside from that at all. Would've liked to know why Mavis is able to be on Tenrou Island, if theres a reason why she looks like a fairy, just something interesting about the plot from her, I don't know.....

And Mashima changed the appearances of everyone but the non-fodder FT members.....there better have been a real damn good reason for this 7 year time skip. Actually surprised we already see everyone again, no build up to that at all.....

Shadow Limiter
October 15, 2011, 12:33 PM
With the revelation that the spell "Fairy Sphere" having the effect of freezing people in time. Doesn't it now makes it more possible that maybe Natsu and the other DS might have been frozen in time as well. Maybe they got frozen in time 400 years back, that would explain the effect of Fried's spell on Natsu & Gazelle during the festival arc and also how Zeref knows about Natsu.

shuha27
October 15, 2011, 12:35 PM
I really don't think the time skip was pointless. Seven is an important number in the whole Fairy Tail story line. I'm sure there is a reason why Mashima decided to choose that number for a time skip. Something important will happen because they went seven years into the future. This time skip also gave bad guys their time to get stronger.

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 12:36 PM
With the revelation that the spell "Fairy Sphere" having the effect of freezing people in time. Doesn't it now makes it more possible that maybe Natsu and the other DS might have been frozen in time as well. Maybe they got frozen in time 400 years back, that would explain the effect of Fried's spell on Natsu & Gazelle during the festival arc and also how Zeref knows about Natsu.

There is only 1 problem here, thats that they were really really young, thats Natsu and Wendy when they were with their parents. Aparently they dont know better then the dragons being the parent.
If they got frozen then they were what? Chibi beyond chibi? Not really much of a epicness behind Zeref beating up rugrats is there?

So i dont think its the same thing. Im more inclined to think that they reincarnated or have altered form to humans (if they are real dragons).

Josef K.
October 15, 2011, 01:10 PM
I hoped it would be something else, but oh well it ended up being not as good in my opinion. But it had it's interesting points like Mavis begin cute and smaller than I though? Really she looked older and taller when I first saw her two chapters ago. The previous chapter was the really irrelevant one actually, Mashima should not have brought the guild back so fast. The last chapter indicated a long search at least, but this is a rather mini-arc now, they are all back and found and the whole thing is found. The sever year thing will likely be the plot for the next arc, but in terms of how the world works now and not the guild.

Anyway, about the general disappointment with the chapter and the developments I would say that you should look at them as a mini arc, or like an arc for the half way point perhaps? Is this the half way point of FT? Maybe, but the only thing now is the next arc to be good and the enemies and story good as some of the earlier ones.

ca12nag3
October 15, 2011, 01:19 PM
I hoped it would be something else, but oh well it ended up being not as good in my opinion. But it had it's interesting points like Mavis begin cute and smaller than I though? Really she looked older and taller when I first saw her two chapters ago. The previous chapter was the really irrelevant one actually, Mashima should not have brought the guild back so fast. The last chapter indicated a long search at least, but this is a rather mini-arc now, they are all back and found and the whole thing is found. The sever year thing will likely be the plot for the next arc, but in terms of how the world works now and not the guild.

Anyway, about the general disappointment with the chapter and the developments I would say that you should look at them as a mini arc, or like an arc for the half way point perhaps? Is this the half way point of FT? Maybe, but the only thing now is the next arc to be good and the enemies and story good as some of the earlier ones.

I think that a lot of people want delivery on demand and at their doorstep the next day :D (this isnt Pizzahut :P) Meaning that you have to wait for an arc to make sense and get into its flow. We do not know whats next. Also the girl (Mavis) isnt shown after they return to the guild. So w/e she says before the farewell etc isnt shown. We might get that later.
I look forward to be surprised, a lot could have happend in 7 years like with Ultear and Jelal. So ill patiently wait for a chapter or 5 and by then ill be able to tell if its good or not. This is just too early.

Vaste Lorde
October 15, 2011, 01:20 PM
Lol I cant believe people are actually saying this is okay. completely pointless imho.

Well I don't honestly see a legitimate reason as to why the time skip took place. The only this does is gives the main cast a more troublesome plot meaning bigger bad guys and stronger guilds for them to beat and overcome.

I'd have to admit I'm kinda disappointed. Mashima had so many options to take but FT's their come back seemed a bit rushed. Somehow people think teenagers can do everything in this god damn world lol.

Come on, I think it would have been acceptable for them to be a little older/wiser. I know this is for the teenage audience but even teenagers know how they cant save the world. I think we can all agree on the fact that we were waiting for a little change. I think everyone wanted some kind of power/appearance boost for the main cast. Would have been awesome.

7 years was kinda overkill.

Josef K.
October 15, 2011, 01:32 PM
I think that a lot of people want delivery on demand and at their doorstep the next day :D (this isnt Pizzahut :P) Meaning that you have to wait for an arc to make sense and get into its flow. We do not know whats next. Also the girl (Mavis) isnt shown after they return to the guild. So w/e she says before the farewell etc isnt shown. We might get that later.
I look forward to be surprised, a lot could have happend in 7 years like with Ultear and Jelal. So ill patiently wait for a chapter or 5 and by then ill be able to tell if its good or not. This is just too early.

These two arcs are kind of connected, well not completely but the conclusion of the previous one is directly effected by this next one. And not just this next one perhaps the whole story from now on. It's a huge development that just happened we have to wait indeed. :)

k-dom
October 15, 2011, 01:50 PM
It's a little unfair. IMO, I would post less bashing comments if there was a poll. It's what I do for one piece now. I just vote "awful" & that's it. I don't have much to say about the chapters. Here, it's the same thing.

But the real question is: If the manga get so many bashers, isn't it the fault of the manga itself ?

Or that you are not the target for this Manga. It's kinda masochistic to continue reading Fairy tail at this point. It has been like that since the beginning, Rave was like that too. Why are you surprised ? I have given up long time ago and only read Fairy Tail for fun which according to ca12nag3 is the purpose of the author

Rarhyx
October 15, 2011, 02:06 PM
I want so much to rage.
everyone is like " WTF MASHIMA WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE WITH THIS SHITTY TIMESKIP"
if he had done a normal and boring 08/15 timeskip like all the other mangaka
everyone would be like " WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO ITS SO BORING CAN'T YOU HAVE AN OWN IDEA?!"

-.-'

srsly, it doesn't matter what mashima do, this so called "fanbase" is never really happy with FT.
This whole shitload reminds me of the pain arc from naruto, but this time it's even worse.#
nobody is satisfied. If you don't like it THEN STOP FCKING READ IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LAST 50 CHAPTERS.

phew enough rage for the moment.

ErosVp
October 15, 2011, 02:13 PM
Now.... I hope at least we can enjoy the changes in the world. Now everyone know Dragons still exist and they are not friendly towards humans (humans general point of view), maybe more dark guild comes to power besides Raven Tail and Tartaros, etc... Mashima must build one hell of setting to make this worth! If he rushed everything to show us something awesome in this new world, maybe something apocaliptic with dark guilds controlling 40% of the world, then it would be good. But i don't have that kind of hope....

kakashidad
October 15, 2011, 02:45 PM

Really,can you recreate that post then?other than ca12nag3 suggestion you never
made a definitive statement,i did.But i'm not upset.It seems in order to elicit a response
in here,you either have to moan or bitch...guess what,that's another reply acredited to
me pmsl.

But seriously.Logically thinking is not encouraged.Pure fanfic is lol,and if it does not fit into
any of the little gangs that exsist they get zero time.:p.This and the last couple of issue
Imo were easy on the eye and mind.It's inkeeping with the author theme.So why would
anyone expect anything so outlandish as some of the suggestion branded about?:eyeroll

Ifrit
October 15, 2011, 02:57 PM
This chapter was more like just looking at pictures for me really...there was nothing interesting to see ....I mean we didn't even get any past or info about Mavis....and I'm really shocked that most of you don't get the idea of why so many people didn't like how things turned to be....

1- no good reason was given to this Time skip " if u like to call it a Time Skip"

2-Mavis ? who is she ? other than having a very stupid spells IMO " FAIRY LAW " Is waaaay more coool.

3-If the 3rd magic is known now..what kind of lame info. that Ivan know about Fairy Tail and it's that important to Makarov ?

4- at least you think Romeo will have something to do to bring them back ? all this boy staring at the sea....turned to be because there is nothing else to do LOL

5- Enemy getting stronger in this 7 years ? do you actually believe that ?? hehe in couple of chapters they will destroy that guild "what ever it's name was"...hehehe

Lee-tyme7
October 15, 2011, 03:23 PM
Looks like the 7 yrs time skip is just a time travel everyone is still young. LOL

kakashidad
October 15, 2011, 03:24 PM
What's the purpose of the 7 yr timeskip...i see asked.
There was none in essence.It was all about the strenght of the guild and it's oringnal masters
been seen,and the last GREAT magic been seen or delivered.No one had a problem when Bluenote
came about and was after fairy glitter..did they lol.No one had a problem when the 2nd master was revealed to be Hade.But there's massive dissapointment with what we just witnessed lmao.

What is abundantly clear imo.Is that BONDS are something this author cherish.It's not to everyone
liking but that's how it is...It's very likely that the same magic was used on a certain dark mage.You
just need to connect the right dots.

What can be expected of this upcoming arc is hopefully a few not picking up this title again seeing
as it's so torturous to read lmao.But i'd expect to see The guild rebuild it's lustre.The magic cousel to come a calling.And an answer to why gerad mistigan and jellal all resembling each other.I'd also imagine that new member would be drawn to FT and at some point lucy will reconnect with her daddy...but maybe that's to dull for most.Laters

Skyguardian
October 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
And an answer to why gerad mistigan and jellal all resembling each other.

Jellal is Gerard only romanized in a different way.
He looks like Mistgun because the later is his Edolas self.

There is nothing more to it.
Hope I helped.

KalelDaNinja11
October 15, 2011, 03:59 PM
i don't know what to feel, i liked most of that last arc but why do i feel like i was just trolled? either way i'm excited to see the next path this manga takes, i like it because of the characters and i'll continue to read it as long as he writes it.

meepers4982
October 15, 2011, 04:24 PM
While i hoped that they would play this out differently i dont mind it too much because we can focus on how much the other guilds grew and we will see how fairytail will deal with their new status and how they will rise to the top again and how they will be reintroduced to society. Im actually really looking forward to it.

Uriel
October 15, 2011, 04:43 PM
LOL, now I kinda feel responsible of reading more calm posts from you xD

And it's and it's not...I think Fairy Tail shouldn't get a deep analysis as HxH (Just to say) and enjoy with simple expectations. It's a classical shounen and it's fun to read. I just read it without trying to figure out the world out of each chapter.

Ontopic before the mod kills me...Ok, so I assume that the 7 years missing from the Dragon Slayers will surely imply something really important in the future plotline in the sense it already screwed up their bodies. Wonder why Fairy Sphere is THAT defensive that even repels time ;P

kakashidad
October 15, 2011, 05:04 PM
Jellal is Gerard only romanized in a different way.
He looks like Mistgun because the later is his Edolas self.

There is nothing more to it.
Hope I helped.

Hmm,thanks...do you really think that's all there is to it...interesting:amuse

Razh
October 15, 2011, 05:04 PM
I'm happy everyone is OK, especially Makarov. Not so happy about the way Natsu and the others were introduced. Really clumsy of Mashima. Everyone just disappears and after one dragged out chapter where we see how fucked up present Fairy Tail is... - VOILA - Everyone is back and Makarov even has a new hawaiian shirt! I thought they were in some kind of time suspension. Where are all those wounds and bandages? They look like they have returned from one day trip to shopping mall ffs.
Can't say that I see the point here, but I can hope it will reveal itself during the course of the story. Same with character development. I don't think I need to go into it deeper; you all read the same manga. I can honestly say, this is the clumsiest time skip I've seen so far in a manga.

Oh well. Next I'd like to find out more about the world now. About the Council and the balance of power among the guilds. I imagine Raven Tail grew somewhat after Oracion and Grimoire were obliterated. Or perhaps Zeref took control of Grimoire and renamed it or something. Pretty sure we'll see some guys from Tartaros now. After seeing how pathetic Oracion and Grimoire were, I have high expectations from Tartaros, but I have a feeling I should know better.

White Silver King
October 15, 2011, 05:43 PM
And it's and it's not...I think Fairy Tail shouldn't get a deep analysis as HxH (Just to say) and enjoy with simple expectations.
The thing is, it doesn't get a deep analysis. The negative comments in the FT forum don't come from superficial nerd-magnification; these are blatantly obvious in-your-face nonsensical plot twists and bad writing. Were not arguing the composition of sub-atomic spirit particles (*cough*Bleach*cough*); we're discussing a plot decision by Mashima that literally makes zero sense and will make even less sense later when everyone else in the world has grown considerably in power while FT was frozen in time but will still wtfpwn everyone. That's just the facts.

Mashima could have used the time skip as a legitimate way to power-up FT without nakama-bull, he could have used the defeat they suffered and the 7 years to absorb it to mature Natsu at least a modicum past the childish immaturity that defines him, he could have deepened the connections between the characters in ways we never saw before among a million other things. But instead he chose to set up a time deflecting barrier fueled by the power of friendship in order to destroy any relevance the time-skip possessed for that single chapter. It's as if he went out of his way to remove any sense from the plot so the friendship ass-pulls can continue instead of actually having his characters work for their power in any tangible way.

*sigh* I miss the old Shonens like InuYasha and Shaman King.

eefrit
October 15, 2011, 06:00 PM
Wow, they're back already. That was...sudden to say the least. I have to say two chapters into the first arc and it is not pulling me in like they used to. The way they were brought back was just to easy. I would have liked for them to have to search for them a little longer. As for the time skip itself, it seems rather unneeded at the moment. And why 7 years Mavis? Why not 1 day or a week? That was kind of an after thought huh?

Speaking of Mavis she looked cool, despite her lack of panel time. Who is Mavis? What is she like? What's her power? Well, we will never know, as I'm sure she is gone for the rest of the series.

I hoping next chapter will be the hilarious after effects of the Nakama powered time shield. Everyone get bigger, hair growing wildly, painful growth spurts. That would be pretty funny.

Long story short, didn't like the chapter, hoping for a better one next week.

Quantized
October 15, 2011, 06:20 PM
wait, wut, wha...... WAIT!

I don't know whether I like it or not, but this manga has the knack of doing COMPLETELY random things and make it feel so out of place, yet, during the chapter it's being fixed. In other cases, it was done in the following chapter.

Fairy Tail (small house) ---> stuff happens fast ---> suddenly on ship ---> suddenly Mavis appears completely random though expected, it still felt random ---> right back to small Fairy Tail and we see everyone back.

Something is really, really, really, reallyyyy off with the time scales for the readers point of view :blink:blink:blink

But all that aside, it was nice to see everyone again, though, I had hoped they would have aged a bit, this was a bit a too easy outcome, imho.

The most priceless part was Marakov's reaction to the Guild size and house though :eyeroll :tem

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

we're discussing a plot decision by Mashima that literally makes zero sense and will make even less sense later when everyone else in the world has grown considerably in power while FT was frozen in time but will still wtfpwn everyone. That's just the facts.

This has me worried too, I had hoped they would have grown a bit, like maybe a slower time dimension so they only experienced 2 years while 7 years passed, or even a full 7 years without ageing too much, like how Romeo looks way to young considering 7 years passed.

Anyway, we saw what Acknologia can do, if Natsu is ever gonna reach a level even "close" to that monster among dragons, then we're really setting sails for a long, long, looooooong future manga, or as you said, FT still pwning everyone, even Acknologia somehow, without it makes sense whatsoever.

I'm really afraid of the ending of Fairy Tail, I start to deny this manga will grow epic despite all it's potential, and just enjoy the carefree, happy and enjoyable manga as it really is. I just need to forget it's a shounen and leave all logic behind! :tem

LoS
October 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
what kind of lame info. that Ivan know about Fairy Tail and it's that important to Makarov ?

Two loopholes Mashima is gonna have a hard time explaining is the complete failure of having Gazelle continue his relationship with Ivan as a fake spy, because after 7 years of no contact that is obviously down the drain. And the second loophole is if the tree and a good bit of the island were saved and preserved by Mavis then what became of Azuma, and Bluenote? The GH members left on the island who didn't die from their fights?

Oh and don't give me that crap about them not being part of FT so they weren't saved by "the bonds and friendship" which was the powersource for the 3rd FT spell.

All in all it was a very poor resolution and pretty much a cop out of the highest extreme by Mashima that leaves a small percentage of his readers happy.

1337 haxor
October 15, 2011, 07:30 PM
The thing is, it doesn't get a deep analysis. The negative comments in the FT forum don't come from superficial nerd-magnification; these are blatantly obvious in-your-face nonsensical plot twists and bad writing. Were not arguing the composition of sub-atomic spirit particles (*cough*Bleach*cough*); we're discussing a plot decision by Mashima that literally makes zero sense and will make even less sense later when everyone else in the world has grown considerably in power while FT was frozen in time but will still wtfpwn everyone. That's just the facts.

Mashima could have used the time skip as a legitimate way to power-up FT without nakama-bull, he could have used the defeat they suffered and the 7 years to absorb it to mature Natsu at least a modicum past the childish immaturity that defines him, he could have deepened the connections between the characters in ways we never saw before among a million other things. But instead he chose to set up a time deflecting barrier fueled by the power of friendship in order to destroy any relevance the time-skip possessed for that single chapter. It's as if he went out of his way to remove any sense from the plot so the friendship ass-pulls can continue instead of actually having his characters work for their power in any tangible way.

*sigh* I miss the old Shonens like InuYasha and Shaman King.

My friend, you are totally outside of the situation!

The fact is that Fairy Tail defeate the strongest dark guild in exhistance prior to the time skip.

We got to see it from the long term because in the short term it is indeed ridiculous.

Case in point is that Fairy Tail didn't need a power up, they single handedly defeated the strongest evil faction in the world, the ones who needed a timeskip were the villains not the good guys.

I agree it could have been a lot better if Mashima had done this whole arc in reverse so that FT would take it's time off to rival the mages of Grimmoire Heart but he decided to let the nakama power triumph to insane and it's now his responsibility to tie the story from what he choose.

In the context set after Grimmoire Heart's defeat it would be absolutely pointless to adress other issues like Raven Tail or Tartaros because Zeref recovered his full power and the worst of all dragons was summoned against the world.

The reason behind the timeskip is both lame and important at the same time, Fairy Tail had hit the wall of what the world could offer and the author used the timeskip to place his most important characters on a new world warped by the years that passed following FT's decadence.

For example, Ivan's goals in destroying FT were certainly motivated by his animosity towards his father and the guild members who preached his ideals.

However, with Makarov and his most prized pupils gone from the world he probably lost interest in destroying FT and moved to more sinister or far reaching goals.

Also, there is no telling what Zeref decided to do during the time skip. He could have decided to gather every single dark mage under his banner and the council and all light guilds could be at the mercy of his army.

thang08
October 15, 2011, 07:32 PM
I read it and I was like : aww, 7 years and nothing changes?

tobeulp
October 15, 2011, 08:40 PM
More people complaining ^^ lol...
I would like to know if you are the author and decided the 7yrs the FT elites will have a power up what will the story go from there?
Would they just go to Raven Tail and Kick their ass then go to Zeref then kick his ass then Dragons next..
Because for me I could give a lot of good reasons why they didn't have a power up so I want to know why do you guys think they should have a power up...
Because for me in long term not giving the FT elites the power up is great and good for plot reasons.

ghostexiled
October 15, 2011, 11:25 PM
Guys... please remember to NOT compare mangas in this thread.

Stay on topic with this series only!

Also... NO BASHING/FLAMING MASHIMA!!

Anymore posts doing either will be deleted.

If any posts are made that bash/flame a member, the series or the author... you will be reprimanded!

For those that wish to debate the time jump in detail there is a thread for it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72810-7-years-Why..-Give-your-opinion-here!)

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I personally liked the chapter and agree to give props to Mashima for going against the grain and not having all of the main characters age. Though I do agree that "might be" a shame that they weren't able to level up while those 7 years past.

Maybe something weird will happen, where time will have to catch up with the main group in order to balance out the flow.

If not, then I am still curious to see how it plays out.

Maybe, Mashima will do another (smaller) time skip so as to get the main cast comfortable and situated in this new world and during this skip the main cast will train and power up.

Interesting that Romeo has flame abilities... then again Marco has a purple flame power.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Since there has been numerous request for it... I have added a poll so that you can rate the chapter.

I will continue this from now on! :)

Quantized
October 16, 2011, 02:47 AM
I guess it would be expected that they didn't age when we saw the guild in ruins and basically falling behind rather than trying to catch up.
The difference would be too big between them for it to be normal.. But you really get blinded by Acknologia's blast, (atleast I was), how in living hell are they gonna powerup to beat a thing like that now when they're still the same after 7 ýears...?

I was kinda expecting the whole purpose of a 7 year time skip was to give them the basic strenght to fight these evils that has started to create chaos in the world.

Nevertheless, I got something I liked too! A time skip that changes the world, and not only the characters! Finally :tem though, both could have been nice!

I really, really, really don't want to see another unrealistic battle. I'm all in for the friendship and love tunes magic like nothing else, but they also need strength behind it! Saying they defeated one of the darkest guilds makes them strong is not enough either, did you see Acknologia anyway...? Gosh, that's some magic power right there..!

I can live with them beating up strong opponents like this if this is all basic magic fights in comparioson of what is to come! What I mean is, when you fight on a low level of what is possible, like sword fights or any other kind of battle for that matter, then it doesn't take a lot to turn the tides for a victor, 1 mistake which one makes easily being a novice and bye bye.
I'm hoping that this is what Mashima is thinking, homeground magic enhancement + basic magic fights where the opponents make mistakes, thus that "maybe" just maybe, future fights will grow more and more realistic the higher level of magic fights we encounter.

Though, I'm probably getting my hopes up to much here. I really like the manga though, don't get me wrong on that, it's just dying as a shounen for me.

I'm kinda interested in next chapter though, I really, really, really want to see Marakov's reaction to the whole new guild situation, it's all I'm looking forward to next chapter! :tem

Ifrit
October 16, 2011, 03:49 AM
I guess it would be expected that they didn't age when we saw the guild in ruins and basically falling behind rather than trying to catch up.
The difference would be too big between them for it to be normal.. But you really get blinded by Acknologia's blast, (atleast I was), how in living hell are they gonna powerup to beat a thing like that now when they're still the same after 7 ýears...?

I was kinda expecting the whole purpose of a 7 year time skip was to give them the basic strenght to fight these evils that has started to create chaos in the world.

Nevertheless, I got something I liked too! A time skip that changes the world, and not only the characters! Finally :tem though, both could have been nice!

I really, really, really don't want to see another unrealistic battle. I'm all in for the friendship and love tunes magic like nothing else, but they also need strength behind it! Saying they defeated one of the darkest guilds makes them strong is not enough either, did you see Acknologia anyway...? Gosh, that's some magic power right there..!

I can live with them beating up strong opponents like this if this is all basic magic fights in comparioson of what is to come! What I mean is, when you fight on a low level of what is possible, like sword fights or any other kind of battle for that matter, then it doesn't take a lot to turn the tides for a victor, 1 mistake which one makes easily being a novice and bye bye.
I'm hoping that this is what Mashima is thinking, homeground magic enhancement + basic magic fights where the opponents make mistakes, thus that "maybe" just maybe, future fights will grow more and more realistic the higher level of magic fights we encounter.

Though, I'm probably getting my hopes up to much here. I really like the manga though, don't get me wrong on that, it's just dying as a shounen for me.

I'm kinda interested in next chapter though, I really, really, really want to see Marakov's reaction to the whole new guild situation, it's all I'm looking forward to next chapter! :tem
e
I agree with you. This 7 years is useless for other guilds to get stronger (if they did) Acnologia didn't use a skill we did not see before...but it gave us the REAL DRAGON BREATH ATTACK FROM A REAL DRAGON.....it could destroy a town by 1 hit....what concern me more is the end of acnologia to be something like there is no hatred in the world....so Acnologia will disappear or become weaker Q_Q

Next Chapter says "7 Empty years" it's for the others to see how things around now....I doubt we will get anything from the past there is nothing they did in this 7 years other than sleeping...

ca12nag3
October 16, 2011, 03:54 AM
e
I agree with you. This 7 years is useless for other guilds to get stronger (if they did) Acnologia didn't use a skill we did not see before...but it gave us the REAL DRAGON BREATH ATTACK FROM A REAL DRAGON.....it could destroy a town by 1 hit....what concern me more is the end of acnologia to be something like there is no hatred in the world....so Acnologia will disappear or become weaker Q_Q

Next Chapter says "7 Empty years" it's for the others to see how things around now....I doubt we will get anything from the past there is nothing they did in this 7 years other than sleeping...

Well we will get some in depth on what the other FT members missed, their comrads. However i dont believe Mashima will stick with that too much. After all that just isnt his styl. Whenever someone dies or has a tragedy he puts some pages too it but wont waste entire chapters on it.

Skyguardian
October 16, 2011, 04:19 AM
Hmm,thanks...do you really think that's all there is to it...interesting:amuse

Yes I do. Why should there be more? I meen we aren't wondering while nearly everyone in Edolas looked like their Earthlandselfs or am I wrong?

Ifrit
October 16, 2011, 05:27 AM
Yes I do. Why should there be more? I meen we aren't wondering while nearly everyone in Edolas looked like their Earthlandselfs or am I wrong?

It wasn't easy for me to see Mystogan / Mist Gun out the picture, but it was put in a good way there is no argue on how Edolas Arc was done..actually it explained more stuff than the current Arc did....but again it was hard seeing S-class member getting cut without seeing his ability or put him in a good fight..Mystogan Magic style was really something...

kakashidad
October 16, 2011, 12:40 PM

Well,no but that was a completely different reality if i'm not mistaken.Somewhere
where even the magic council could not see.On the otherhand,jellah mystigan and
Gerad would or could of all interacted in the same reality if you get my drift?

Plus if you remeber Ezra reaction upon seeing both mystigan face for the first time.
And then jellah,then to me at least.There seems to be grounds for some new
developement..i mean why not throw zeref in there too :tem.

Skyguardian
October 16, 2011, 01:33 PM
Well,no but that was a completely different reality if i'm not mistaken.Somewhere
where even the magic council could not see.On the otherhand,jellah mystigan and
Gerad would or could of all interacted in the same reality if you get my drift?

Plus if you remeber Ezra reaction upon seeing both mystigan face for the first time.
And then jellah,then to me at least.There seems to be grounds for some new
developement..i mean why not throw zeref in there too :tem.

What do you mean...?

There is no Jellal AND Gerard because as I said, its the SAME person just spelled in a different way! (Do you mean Siegrain by any chance?)
And of course they could interact because Mystogun aka Gerard (in Edolas) traveled to Earthland and for Team Natsu it was the other way round.
There is NO hidden thing. Edolas was another world without infinite magic power.
And of coures Erza was surprised... He looked like the Gerard she now... Who wouldn't be...?

elitefox
October 16, 2011, 10:31 PM
]it was the most meaningless time skip i ever saw. It surprises me everyone is okay with the fact the world got older and changed but FT didn't get even a tiny bit stronger in return for the thing they lost......
Jellal being 7 years older is not a problem for Erza, but didn't Kana had a crush on Macao? Now he is so old he could be her father!!!

I think this is actually pretty good

why?

Since FT is probably not the most powerful guild anymore, they cannot do what they wanted so there would be more challenge for them... 7 years is a way for the world to cope up with the strongest FT members and a way for the FT members now to challenge and grow themselves...

But now I wonder... how are the dark guilds holding up now, does raven make rise to a new power now since most likely 2 dark guilds were annihilated + zeref has come back

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Lol I cant believe people are actually saying this is okay. completely pointless imho.

Well I don't honestly see a legitimate reason as to why the time skip took place. The only this does is gives the main cast a more troublesome plot meaning bigger bad guys and stronger guilds for them to beat and overcome.

I'd have to admit I'm kinda disappointed. Mashima had so many options to take but FT's their come back seemed a bit rushed. Somehow people think teenagers can do everything in this god damn world lol.

Come on, I think it would have been acceptable for them to be a little older/wiser. I know this is for the teenage audience but even teenagers know how they cant save the world. I think we can all agree on the fact that we were waiting for a little change. I think everyone wanted some kind of power/appearance boost for the main cast. Would have been awesome.

7 years was kinda overkill.

oh come on, they were just hit by a nuclear bomb(maybe stronger) getting a 7 year comma isn't that bad, isn't it? :eyeroll

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

e

Like I asked a thread before, what does anaclogia eats to have that kind of power... you can compliment that kind of power with probably a good intake of food :D

kkck
October 16, 2011, 10:47 PM
Two loopholes Mashima is gonna have a hard time explaining is the complete failure of having Gazelle continue his relationship with Ivan as a fake spy, because after 7 years of no contact that is obviously down the drain. And the second loophole is if the tree and a good bit of the island were saved and preserved by Mavis then what became of Azuma, and Bluenote? The GH members left on the island who didn't die from their fights?

Oh and don't give me that crap about them not being part of FT so they weren't saved by "the bonds and friendship" which was the powersource for the 3rd FT spell.

All in all it was a very poor resolution and pretty much a cop out of the highest extreme by Mashima that leaves a small percentage of his readers happy.

Azuma died, I think that is quite clear. If he didn't then he is still a tree back at tenrou island. I don't think there is a loophole here. One way or another, his situation did not change as far as we know. As far as bluenote goes, he was blown off the island. Odds are he was nowhere near the place when acknologia attacked.

As far as ivan's relationship with gajeel, that is going to be interesting. I daresay he would have easily found out they all died and would not really care about the matter. He probably was ecstatic that fairy tail was destroyed (except perhaps for not being able to sell luxus's lachrima). It would be interesting to show him looking to get information from gazille though.

Newkerzy
October 17, 2011, 12:46 AM
With everyone bemoaning about this chapter, I'm surprised no one has dared to get on the stage at NYC comic-con and strangle Mashima for this chapter without spilling that we were reading his scanlations.

Tengou
October 17, 2011, 02:50 AM
I find it funny that people gladly and repeatedly complain about chapters they don't like, but never outright stop reading. I call this the 'Counterstrike' mentality.

Though I have to agree that with this time skip turning out to be a time freeze instead, there's a lot of wasted potential here. Considering Acnologia completely overwhelmed them in terms of power, it was thought that they would need the new power to even stand the remotest chance against any dragon and lets face it; dragons are at the core of the main storyline, so they will have to start facing them sooner or later. The time skip could have allowed for some much needed character development as well; if 7 years would have passed normally on Tenrou Island encased under the sea, it is likely that Makarov would have died and been interred next to his predecessor. Laxus would have likely been his successor, which would have been a nice sight to see. Natsu would likely have serious'd up a bit, and after seeing Wendy's ... look in Edoras, I was convinced she would come out of this time skip all grown up.

In a way this all means that Mashima hasn't quite lost his touch when it comes to doing the unexpected. I am both pleased and a little disappointed. Disappointed because of the 'what could have been' factor. I really wanted to see the dragon slayer higher forms, and a grown and trained-up main cast, but on the other hand, time skips for the sake of a cast power-up have been done to death already.

I am pleased, though, because if you think about it, Fairy Tail wasn't in need of further empowerment at this time. True, it'll be a long way before Natsu and group become capable of standing up to a real dragon, but seven years ago they had already pretty much beaten the most powerful mage currently alive (not counting Zeref, and possibly one or two others). They had defeated Hades, vanquished Grimoire Heart and Oracion Seis, two of the triumvirate of most powerful dark guilds (with the possible exception of the guild of Makarov's son) and in so doing pretty much put a bullet between the eyes of the Baram Alliance. Leaving Acnologia and the other dragons out of the picture for a moment, Fairy tail would have pretty much reigned supreme over any human opponent by now. If you'd add 7 years of time skip power-up to that, there would be almost no one left that could pose a half-decent challenge.

Instead of going for that, Mashima instead gave those 7 years of time skip to the rest of the world. They have grown and gotten stronger, while Fairy Tail hasn't. Those mage guilds who couldn't hold a candle to Fairy Tail at the moment of its disappearance may now have become powerful enough to give Natsu and group a new slew of interesting and challenging enemies to fight. While this thought doesn't dispel all of my disappointment, it does give me new incentive to keep following this series, wherever it goes.

Still, what's with the 7 years? Leaving Mashima's seeming obsession with the number, why did Tenrou Island have to remain hidden within Fairy Sphere for 7 years? Couldn't they just have resurfaced like a day, a week, or a month later instead? Can Mavis only manifest herself every 7 years?

Ifrit
October 17, 2011, 05:01 AM
I find it funny that people gladly and repeatedly complain about chapters they don't like, but never outright stop reading. I call this the 'Counterstrike' mentality.

I also find it repeatedly funny that every1 assume the Dark guilds or the current Guild in Magnolia got stronger than Fairy Tail.....

All other Dark guilds gave Fairy Tail a good fight none of them was defeated easily ........in the end Nakama Power pwns all this will be the same......

May I remind you that when the other guilds fought against Fairy Tail.....mmm..well....Now Gildartz here ^_^

Luxus and his body guards are here ^_^ ( Freed, Bixlow and Evergreen)

Juvia + Gajeel with them ^_^

Do u still think there is a guild more powerful than Fairy Tail ???

MyuuMyuu
October 17, 2011, 07:24 AM
I don't like that the Fairy Tail members (the most of them) i now 7 years younger than everyone else they knew outside the guild.. I wonder how Leon will react next time he sees Gray. Lol.
This timeskip seemed pointless.. the characters vanished for 1½ chapter, now they are back, nothing changed. Only the fact that Romeo and some of the other less-important characters are older now... Also Natsu and co. didn't go "whuuut!? 7 years!?" they like "nah okay who careees?" ... :blink

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Also i wondered how Mavis can be this young.. i mean the current Master is old, Hades must be even older (It doesn't make much sense to me) but Mavis is so young, but should be muuuuuuuuuuuuch older than the other two.. Is Mavis even a human anymore? Or is she more like a ghost or something? With her soul and power connected to Fairy Tails island? she like, appeared when fairy tail was in danger... that could be because she actually is dead, and is a soul now .. or something. I don't know im confused as hell D:

White Silver King
October 17, 2011, 02:21 PM
Also i wondered how Mavis can be this young.. i mean the current Master is old, Hades must be even older (It doesn't make much sense to me) but Mavis is so young, but should be muuuuuuuuuuuuch older than the other two.. Is Mavis even a human anymore? Or is she more like a ghost or something? With her soul and power connected to Fairy Tails island? she like, appeared when fairy tail was in danger... that could be because she actually is dead, and is a soul now .. or something. I don't know im confused as hell D:
That's why I think she's a Fairy.

ErosVp
October 17, 2011, 03:34 PM
Man! I forgot Leon! If he was at the same league as Gray before, it is certain he is MUCH stronger after 7 years! Maybe strong like Luxus? It is 7 years after all, it will be funny if he calls gray a brat.

Schabrak
October 17, 2011, 04:36 PM
MyuuMyuu
How can say that nothing changed, when Mashina hasn't shown anything of the outside world yet? We simply don't know what he aimed for with the time machine sphere/reverse Time-Skip, but yeah it feels good to just start hating. We see a change of clothes, ships don't move at lights speed and therefore time has passed from their departure of the isle to their arrival at the guild, time to cope with the shock of having skipped 7 years. Being a lighthearted guild, they don't get cought up by such trivial matters, not after they've visited a prallel universe and got a longmissed little sister back to her family. And it's not like they didn't show joy after got together.

I'm sure Zeref would'nt have been able to go on with his plans within a couple of days. We don't know if Acnologia or any other dragon did reappeare or cause any chaos to the world within the seven years nor do we know their characters/view on humanity.

hoeru
October 17, 2011, 04:52 PM
Epic chapter to the end of an arc that revealed:

All four guild masters of Fairy Tail: Mavis, Purehito, Makarov, Macao
The last two missing of the three great Fairy Tail magics: Fairy Glitter and Fairy Sphere - and even Fairy Law was in it!
A time skip within the arc - which is completely different from those of the so called "Big 3" from Shonen Jump, and those from Dragon Ball. Main characters do not gain any strength from it - and escape barely with their life.
Fairy Tail became underdogs - instead of being almost outlaws (because of their strength)

I feel happy that I restarted reading Fairy Tail and that I start to dive deeper into the story and its details - translations of the official German volumes could be better recently tough, but that's a different topic.

I can't say I like the new character designs but I think I can at least deal with it.

kkck
October 17, 2011, 05:15 PM
That's why I think she's a Fairy.

I don't think it would make sense mavis was a fairy. Mavis most likely was something like the master from cat shelter. I do wonder why she remained behind though.

White Silver King
October 17, 2011, 06:27 PM
I don't think it would make sense mavis was a fairy.
May I ask why? I'm genuinely interested because from everything we know about the guild and her it makes sense that she'd be a Fairy (though I have the feeling she's only half), IMO.

Netero
October 17, 2011, 08:36 PM
The chapter was okay. I thought the timeskip was alright. It's not great, but I don't think it sucks either. We'll just have to wait and see how much the world has changed in the last 7 years. I do hope in the next chapter that the Twilight Ogre guild gets stomped by Fairy Tail in the next chapter :guns

oniichan powaa
October 18, 2011, 12:35 AM
I do believe that Mavis is already dead. She did state that her body is ethereal (heavenly or celestial), so this most probably means that it is her 'spirit' that was shown in this chapter. She did help them, a little, by changing their will and bond into magic (which later activate Fairy Sphere/Spirit).

AND

I don't believe that she's a fairy at all. If she's a fairy, that would ruin the reason she give the name Fairy Tail to the guild (Fairy's tail should be an eternal mystery that symbolize never-ending journey. If she's a fairy, that would end the mystery cause she don't have tail or wings or even fairy ear. The wing-like things on her head are accessories, her ears have earrings).

Overall, the chapter is okay. Not epic level but just fine. Don't straightforwardly say that this time skip is lame or anything because we are yet to see the real reason they're left out from the rest of the world for 7 whole years. Mashima is trying to be different from other shounen mangaka in terms that his time skip actually affect the world, not Natsu & Co. (I saw this in someone's post before and i agree).

So, just sit back and wait till the next chapter come out. It's titled "7 Empty Years" so it should show us how the society has degenerate into, without Fairy Tail ( the end of era).

sarutobi_sensei
October 18, 2011, 02:27 PM
Why wouldn't it make sense if she's not a fairy?

It makes much more sense rather than her being human...

kkck
October 18, 2011, 03:02 PM
We saw mavis was pretty much a sort of ghost. None of that suggest she was even part fairy. Her current existence is evidently not human however actual evidence to properly support she was a fairy is non existent. It would also ruin the whole thing about fairy's having tails being an eternal mystery. I would think that while "alive" mavis was in fact human until we have a shred of evidence to suggest otherwise. Its not like ghosts are unusual in the manga, we have seen 2, one cannon and one in an omake. Remember cat shelter master? Remember the matron from the omake?

yellowblue
October 18, 2011, 10:22 PM
Good thing there was no time skip and just a time freeze. Come to think about it, everybody else improved over the past 7 years including all potential enemies and the mage organization which is in a total wreck 7 years ago. The author just gave us exactly the reverse of a time skip and I love it.

Ifrit
October 19, 2011, 02:28 AM
Good thing there was no time skip and just a time freeze. Come to think about it, everybody else improved over the past 7 years including all potential enemies and the mage organization which is in a total wreck 7 years ago. The author just gave us exactly the reverse of a time skip and I love it.

I guess we have to give Mashimia a chance and wait and see what is he planing to do...Let Fairy Tail series take it's own road....doesn't have to copy all other series ...

blai
October 19, 2011, 05:02 AM
Guys, guys, everyone has different opinions and it doesn't matter whether they are positive or negative. As long as you share in a constructive way (i.e. share what you're pleased / displeased with and why) regarding the latest chapter there's no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to and this discussion is irrelevant and unnecessary.

Please, refrain from going off-topic again and/or complain at other people's opinions may they differ from your, or further action will be taken.

Thanks.