PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 256 Discussion

ghostexiled
October 15, 2011, 10:22 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:

Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:

At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links

If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*

Formatting:

We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.

Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72917-Fairy-Tail-255-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

•Sasuke•
October 21, 2011, 09:41 AM
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=15374954 <- last post

10 pics chapter 256

ScottH87
October 21, 2011, 10:00 AM
Leon! Awesome!

Really hope the new arc starts this chapter though, I want to know whats happening with Zeref and Acnologia soon.

Ifrit
October 21, 2011, 10:20 AM
Nice....Thank you Mashima.....nice to see Jura again

Lyon looks older :S

Poor Lucy...I think she is 7 years late for paying her rent hahaha...she got kicked out....hehehe

Hope we get some answers about her mother from her father.

kkck
October 21, 2011, 10:49 AM
Isn't leon too old for jubia lol? And what about sherry? Perhaps that relationship already crashed and burned. Makarov seems stressed out, perhaps he is worrying about the future of the guild. And who was that old lady? As far as lucy's dad goes, I think he is going to be either dead or completely loaded again. If he is also loaded I would not be surprised if he started another family and licy gets all jealous and stuff. I would think lucy will also miss the book she was writing, that is probably going to hurt the most to her.

Naruffy
October 21, 2011, 11:29 AM
Lol at Juvia's love polygon, She really does think that everybody loves Gray.

Ifrit
October 21, 2011, 12:53 PM
And who was that old lady? .

She's the owner of Lucy's house....I think she is mad because Lucy tried to get back her old apartment after not paying the rent for 7 years xD

masgrande
October 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
Why does Juvia think Gray is in love with Lyon:blink.

RaveDragon
October 21, 2011, 01:36 PM
it seems Lucy is feeling sad for her relationship with her dad, this is an example of consequences with what happened and i have a feeling her dad either died or acquired love and lucky knowing mashima its the latter and maybe, just maybe Layla might be mentioned with important tidbits about the dragons since Aknologia kind of 'almostt' killed them. I guess lucy will have to go to fairy hills now since it seems she got kicked out of her apartment. The last page seems to say she got a surprise of sorts xD

Juvia's love sketch xD Natsu apparently likes lucy and lissana while lucy like gray xD bahahahaah there even meredy and loki and lyon likes ...oh Lyon i missed you so!

kkck
October 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
So jubia thinks grey is in love with lyon? She really is not the brightest around lol. It seems she sincerely believes the universe revolves around grey.

•Sasuke•
October 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=15374954 <- last post

10 pics chapter 256

now you can find the full chapter ch scan

sarutobi_sensei
October 21, 2011, 02:27 PM
Seems like either Lucy's dad died, or he is missing or married someone else.

Thorvardur
October 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
Haha looks like Juvia is jealous once again.

I wonder why Lyon and co came to Fairy Tail? Maybe they have news about Zeref or Acnologia? I can't wait to see how Zeref looks like now.

rose
October 21, 2011, 03:17 PM
Seems like either Lucy's dad died, or he is missing or married someone else.

From what I could read, Lucy's father is dead. 亡 is a kanji that means "die, perish, be not".

By the way, it would seem that just like Lucy is named from a Beatles song, so is her dad. ジュード (Juudo) is what the name is listed as, which I'm thinking is Jude. As in Hey, Jude. I can't figure out if Layla comes from a Beatles song, though.

RaveDragon
October 21, 2011, 03:23 PM
seeing the full chapter it seems to me (with no translation) that Lucy's father died... damn i never thought FT would kill someone close to the a main especially since she was still having an estranged relationship with him, in a way i hope im wrong :/

sarutobi_sensei
October 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
First her mother, then 7 years later her father. Damn poor thing.

kkck
October 21, 2011, 03:31 PM
^Excellent point! 7 years! I do wonder if he died recently though(which would make it seven years).

RaveDragon
October 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
^Excellent point! 7 years! I do wonder if he died recently though(which would make it seven years).

Wow that would really suck to have missed him for so little but it could lead to finding more about her mother after all he must have left something behind me thinks :/ I guess next chapter after this if he really did die (i think someone confirmed it thought) Lucy will be making some decisions maybe visiting his and his mothers grave might lead to one of the main plots ^^' Guess the author actually is gonna give us some hints this arc

technically its 7 for her only since by actual time it would be 14 though 14 is 7 twice so maybe...

kkck
October 21, 2011, 03:39 PM
To be honest, what I am curious about is whether there was a will left. I think it is all too possible for him to have made some money and left a will for it. Perhaps he didn't make a lot of it but at least enough to get lucy out of the bind she is in when it comes to her living arrangements and money problems. It would be likely that anything she gets is used to pay 7 years worth of rent lol. It'd be interesting if stuff about her mom comes out too.

rose
October 21, 2011, 03:40 PM

Looks to me like it said "one month ago".

RaveDragon
October 21, 2011, 03:58 PM
To be honest, what I am curious about is whether there was a will left. I think it is all too possible for him to have made some money and left a will for it. Perhaps he didn't make a lot of it but at least enough to get lucy out of the bind she is in when it comes to her living arrangements and money problems. It would be likely that anything she gets is used to pay 7 years worth of rent lol. It'd be interesting if stuff about her mom comes out too.

He didnt know if she would be back after an absence of seven years but that would be truly sweet if he left her something that could save her from the bind she's in and maybe a memento like a necklace or something with a pic of her family. I mean there must have been a time wher he did act as a father and the 3 were a happy family no?

Looks to me like it said "one month ago".

wow, poor Lucy =/ thats like really close but she didnt make it and after she wanted to try again :crying Ft will be having quite a time to cheer her up i guess

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

actually though the 7 years theory works lucys mum died when she was ten on the year 777 most probably on the 7th day of the 7th month , 7 years later Lucy vanishes with tenrou island and FT as well as Natsu, wendy and Gajeel the three dragon slayers children to the three vanished dragons who coincidentally vanished on 7/7/777 and then 7 years later Lucy's dad died a month before tenrou island reappeared.

Also for him to dedicate 3/4 chapter to this fact it might lead to bigger things hopefully, after we learnt that Layla was a mage last arc Mashima kind of left us hanging so maybe this will lead to the real arc which might lead to later on the dragons ^^
also

The next title is 'the 7 years of my father'(im not quite sure)

This is from mangastream forumhere (http://forum.mangastream.com/showthread.php?t=6669&page=39), it seems Mashima wants to do some lucy family time

Raicrune
October 21, 2011, 04:20 PM

Or maybe he did make alot and left a will for Lucy. That way she can finance the fairy tail bringing it back on the track

kkck
October 21, 2011, 07:48 PM
Another interesting feature of the chapter is that it seems macao is going to keep the seat of master. He certainly does not live up to what makarov, purehito and mavis were though, he seems to be by far the less powerful to say the least. I would have thought makarov would have taken the seat of master back with his return or at least give it to gildarts or luxus who certainly do have a fair bit of power.

sarutobi_sensei
October 21, 2011, 08:15 PM
Actually, seeing Macao as master wouldn't be that bad. Makarov would be able to sit back and enjoy a little bit of rest.

I'm thinking that Macao either forfeits the seat for Laxus or Guildartz, or he doesn't forfeit the seat and shows that instead of power e has knowledge. Kinda like Blue Pegasus's master he doesn't seem powerful to me.

shakes12
October 21, 2011, 09:19 PM
http://comic.kukudm.com/comiclist/346/23732/1.htm
256 raw

kkck
October 21, 2011, 10:04 PM
Actually, seeing Macao as master wouldn't be that bad. Makarov would be able to sit back and enjoy a little bit of rest.

I'm thinking that Macao either forfeits the seat for Laxus or Guildartz, or he doesn't forfeit the seat and shows that instead of power e has knowledge. Kinda like Blue Pegasus's master he doesn't seem powerful to me.

Knowledge? Somehow I would not expect a middle aged man who dated girls in their 20s to be exceptionally wise or knowledgeable. Bob is perhaps not makarov level but ever since we saw him in the pissed off in the leo flashback he has given me the impression of being a powerhouse of sorts. He can phase through stuff which is cool too. We also have to remember that one of the 10 wizard saints is a member of his guild, he has to have a degree of power.

Krono
October 21, 2011, 10:14 PM
Knowledge? Somehow I would not expect a middle aged man who dated girls in their 20s to be exceptionally wise or knowledgeable. Bob is perhaps not makarov level but ever since we saw him in the pissed off in the leo flashback he has given me the impression of being a powerhouse of sorts. He can phase through stuff which is cool too. We also have to remember that one of the 10 wizard saints is a member of his guild, he has to have a degree of power.

None of the wizard saints that we know of belong to Blue Pegasus. Jura's part of Lamia Scale.

kkck
October 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
None of the wizard saints that we know of belong to Blue Pegasus. Jura's part of Lamia Scale.

Ahh, you are right. Got confused there lol. Anyways, I don't think bob will turn out to be weak in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps we won't get to see him fight at all though.

RaveDragon
October 22, 2011, 02:35 AM
I also want to know what Jura told Makarov, I read somewhere it hat to do with a guild they refered to as 'that guild' so i think there's a possible raven tail arc coming up

wooticus
October 22, 2011, 02:36 AM
i totally agree with kkck if it comes to bob. We will probably never see him in any fight but to believe that he is weak would be stupid. His powers may not lie in brute destruction but in support or stealth or something.

saya1987
October 22, 2011, 03:11 AM
from what I've gathered:

-Lucy's father died one month ago
-bisca has a daughter
-lamia scale is the no.2 guild
- no.1 guild wasn't revealed but it was not blue pegasus.
-zeref is still alive
- romeo secretly learnt fire skills from the guy natsu defeated in the lucy heartfilia arc. That guy became a teacher.

here are some parts which are just causual conversation
leon: I know about ultear and meredy
gray: what did those two do?

as for the conversation between juras and marakov, I have no idea. My language skills are limited.

Ero-Sanji
October 22, 2011, 03:33 AM
The rivalry between Gray and Leon is also something I'm interested in seeing, I mean Leon has had 7 years to train and gain experience while Gray has just slept. This chapter, however, has a more refreshing appeal than the previous and it seems to give more information on the world.

Darjaille
October 22, 2011, 04:01 AM
○ The Love relationship poster by Juvia, like, OMG :rofl:rofl:rofl
... but it may be true that Leon falls in love with her! That gaze and that blush! :o
... and I had to check the NLLL love squarehttp://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/a/ashamed2.gif
○ Macao as master? I hope not, I hope not...
○ Familiar scene with Lucy and boatmen, nice. They probably wondered if it's Lucy or something :D
○ It really seems like she has to pay 7 years worth of rent, poor Lucy.
○ On a trip (or a mission) with Natsu again :tem

◘ Anyone knows why is Erza so sad? Any news about Jellal?

I like this chapter even before it's out ^^

EDIT:
Gathered from mangastream's spoiler thread:

Leon's fallen for Juvia and he said it to her
Bisca wanted to tell something about Jellal to Erza, but Arsac stopped her
There will be a reunion of 10 Saint Wizards
Bisca & Arsac have a baby
Lucy has to pay almost 60 million
Lucy's father passed away a month ago
Lamia Scale is Fiore's no. 2 guild

Mentioning that guild (Raven Tail probably), Zeref, 10 Saint Wizard meeting, Lucy's father, Ultear and Meredy's doing (and Gray is shocked, look at that face)..
Wow, a lot of things are moving.

Ifrit
October 22, 2011, 04:54 AM
@Darjaille

I agree so far I'm actually starting to like this Arc.....I hope it will be the Arc that reveal some of the mysteries about this series .....

putting Lucy aside ....what Leon told Gray...and what Erza & Makarov are thinking of...is what I really wanna know....

Prediction : Leon told Gray that Ultear & Meredy attacked the councilor prison and freed Gerard ...which is probably the thing Bisca wanted to tell Erza...

wooticus
October 22, 2011, 05:34 AM
Wow a reunion of the 10 wizard saints? that would be awesome... finally we get to see them... but does this include jose? and maybe jellal? I also think he was freed by ultear, i can't see him being executed offscreen.. that would just not be fairy tail.

the number one guild probably has to be raven tail... or a new guild founded by ultear and meldy? i don't know... well it surely won't be twilight ogre lol

1337 haxor
October 22, 2011, 07:23 AM
Let me get this straight, Bisca and Alzac have a baby and they probably named her Erza in homenage to their re-equip idol.

I could totally see Erza going like WUT? for that.

It could also be that Ultear and Meredy freed Jelal in the meantime but I just don't know what he would do after that.

Lion is trying to flame up a love dispute over Juvia? Didn't he have his own crazy bitch to look after or is he up to everything that pisses off Gray.

Anyhow, Fiore's number 1 guild is a big mistery.

If it's Raven Tail then it matches my theory that Ivan lost interest in Fairy Tail after his father and his son went missing.

In the face of losing FT for a dragon he changed his goal from destroying FT to building a guild capable of defeating Acnologia.

Sollum
October 22, 2011, 07:33 AM
*cough* No. 1 Guild is Phantom Ogre *cough* Just a prediction...

1337 haxor
October 22, 2011, 07:39 AM

That would be weird, reason why it shouldn't be put past Mashima.

However, it's hard to picture a guild starting out of nowhere and skyrocketeering itself to most powerful in just seven years.

Darjaille
October 22, 2011, 07:40 AM

What is Phantom Ogre? You mean Phantom Lord or Twilight Ogre? :D

It'll be Raven Tail, I'm calling it... Somehow it became light guild.

1337 haxor
October 22, 2011, 07:47 AM

In the worst case scenario Ivan disguised Raven Tail as Twilight Ogre just to prevent FT from disbanding.

I mean, it would be like a total twist if Ivan was struck by sorrow and founded a facade light guild just to fund FT when it was in need.

Sollum
October 22, 2011, 08:47 AM

Twilight Ogre consisting of Ex Phantom Lord members

Samui
October 22, 2011, 09:42 AM
The thing with Lucy and her landowner is so dumb. I mean, really?

And as far as I understand, it doesn't seem like Zeref did anything so far...

RaveDragon
October 22, 2011, 10:03 AM
Summary of the chapter can be found in the wikia here (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_256).

I still want to read the chapter the summary just made it more juicy, it wasnt a totally worthless timeskip, gotta say Mashima has got guts ^^ It totally different from any other timeskip ever and I guess what he wanted to do was not make the members of FT crazy strong xmillionbillion but set something in motion through the change arounf these unaged kids. it has potential for Raven Tail, the dragons and the 7's plot especially what he's done her with the death of Lucy's father.

Interesting is Zeref who probably hasnt aged either who is bound to cross paths with FT again and Jura's conversation with makarov who seems disturbed by the news of 'a certain guild' and the ten wizards saints.

Next week is on Lucy's dad so im betting her mum will pop up since the title is '7 years of my father' (from mainstream spoiler forum kudos to them)

MyuuMyuu
October 22, 2011, 10:52 AM
Lyon is.. so old ..

Actually i think its interesting if Lucys dad i dead. She might want to try go back in time to save him? (Still want them to go back in time bcs i hate this timeskip.. whats going to happen to jellal and erza? Now jellal is OLD D: buh!)

Ifrit
October 22, 2011, 11:01 AM
Jura's conversation with makarov who seems disturbed by the news of 'a certain guild' and the ten wizards saints.

So far I can think of two things Mashima is planing to do...

1- Gerard escaped from prison with Ulteear n Meredy help.

2-10 saints is gonna have a meeting for taking Raven Tail out...which made Makarov worried about his son, and how Luxus gonna react for this.

kkck
October 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
I am surprised that the raw is out and the wiki posted a summary and the chapter is still not out. Sucks lol. Anyways, I predict lucy's dad will have left her just enough to pay for seven years worth of rent (she should just get a new appartment and go on a shopping spree though). So totomaru is a member of the other guild? I guess it would be strange if he is now a member of that oger guild. So did lyon just learned about urtear and meldy or was she simply mentioned? I bet meldy is hawt now lol. I also get the impression the number one guild will turn out to be the ogre one.... I do wonder why makarov thought it was interesting to leave macao as master.... Perhaps makarov has plan for something and being master would be a hassle? I do think they need a powerful master to get the guild back on track, macao probably did not do a bad job during the past years given his own limitations and that of the other guildmembers but in turn having someone like makarov or gildarts as master would attract jobs for the guild. On the other hand it would interesting to see makarov going out on a job.

Quantized
October 22, 2011, 01:36 PM
The thing with Lucy and her landowner is so dumb. I mean, really?

And as far as I understand, it doesn't seem like Zeref did anything so far...

Although I can't but laugh by it :p
Landlord waiting all 7 years for her to return to pay up her bill without even finding a replacement..? If you can accept the manga as it is, then, HILARIOUS moment :D

One would think Lucy had been thrown out, but nooooo, she hadn't :blink

Sollum
October 22, 2011, 02:35 PM
At last!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/34664104/1

-Ken-
October 22, 2011, 03:00 PM
Wow, I'm actually liking this 7 years timeskip more than I thought it would. At first I was VERY disappoint that Natsu&Co doesn't change at all. But now, it looked like it could lead to some really nice plot that wasn't really done before. Normal timeskip where everyone just get stronger is kind of boring at this point, I guess.

Quantized
October 22, 2011, 03:10 PM
Got to agree with those who said this chapter seemed to redeem the time skip, I really like how the aftermath is affecting them all now, this chapter was pretty damned interesting!
A fresh type of time skip, not the typical shounen ones, and so much sorrow and happiness in one chapter...!
I really, really liked how the entire world had changed, but they didn't..!

While the manga Fairy Tail has it drawbacks, it certainly also has it's qualities that not even the most popular manga's can surpass, imho.
You got guts alright Mashima...!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Wow, I'm actually liking this 7 years timeskip more than I thought it would. At first I was VERY disappoint that Natsu&Co doesn't change at all. But now, it looked like it could lead to some really nice plot that wasn't really done before. Normal timeskip where everyone just get stronger is kind of boring at this point, I guess.

Agreed 100%, I was expecting both the world and Fairy Tail to change over the 7 years, but that they'd been cut off, but this...? This is so much more interesting...! Possibly, we'll see Fairy Tail struggle too now, they won't just come back to be among the strongest, they probably have to struggle quite a bit, especially after seeing Marakov like this and everyones sudden sorrow, http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/34664104/18
Just Natsu's sorrow is kinda.. erm... not so sorrow compared to the others..
Guess Erza is still feeling pain from Jerral, as for being reminded of him, hope she will be cheered a bit up by her friends, she's really having a tough time right now..

Think this chapter was the one that had the biggest impact and best impression ever for me, of the entire Fairy Tail story.

Uriel
October 22, 2011, 03:36 PM
This chapter made me like A LOT the way the timeskip was made. A really interesting chapter with many interesting cliffhangers. I want to know what happened to Jellal, which guild is the most strongest now, where is Zeref, what happened with the council all these years! Everything is somewhat new again and it feels like we're starting a new manga with old loved characters.

Great work Mashima!

HaiSuShi
October 22, 2011, 03:53 PM
This was an excellent chapter.
For the aftermath of the timeskip it was a very fitting mood. We got to see what the other characters were doing and a lot happened. There were funny(Reedus being a lolicon ;D) and serious(Judos death) moments. It was awesome seeing Lamia Scale again and to see they are now Fiores Nr. 2 guild.
I lol'd at Juvias Love Dodecahedron (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveDodecahedron) :D

And Mashima's already teasing again with Meldy, Ultear, Jellal and "that guild".
My prediction: Like Ifrit said, I believe Jellal was freed by Ultear and Meldy, as retribution for her manipulation of Jellal in the past. I don't see them joining Raven Tail or Tartaros though, except as spies maybe.

Edit: Didn't expect to see Totomaru again, I almost forgot him.:o

exacta
October 22, 2011, 04:49 PM
Nice chapter. Looks like now Mashima has set himself on the path of redemption after this long cycle of extreme disappointment. I look forward to seeing what is going to unfold with this timeskip......I hope Mashima finds a good way to make Gazille apparently spying on Raven Tail not utterly pointless, and a good way to go back into the whole Council's conflict with FT despite FT's absence for 7 years. It seems like alot of interesting things may have happened in the past 7 years.

Romeo studying under Totomaru is awesome. And the humor in this chapter was great too.

1337 haxor
October 22, 2011, 05:30 PM
Looks like I wasn't mistaken, the point with the timeskip was to change the world and make head for new plot points since the story had hit a dead end.

Next chapter will be very emotional, I can't help but feel sorry for Lucy's dad.

I mean, just when you had barely make progress getting closer to your daughter she dissapears and you spent the rest of your life each day waiting for her to return only to die without telling her how you really feels.

AW MAN!:scry

That's one real of a cruel end Mashima, even for someone like Lucy's father you really pulled a downer this time.

Elsewhere we have Erza feeling about Jellal and Lion telling Gray what the dynamite duo did in the time skip.

I am with those saying Ultear and Meredy went on and broke Jellal out of prison, they were already high profile criminals and now, wheter they are good or not, both must be running from the council while Jellal went on to plot revenge on the real Zeref.

kkck
October 22, 2011, 05:47 PM
I think this happened over the timeskip:

Zeref became the leader of a dark guild. Perhaps he remade grimmoire heart or he started a new one altogether.

There was a dark guild war (although perhaps not actual confrontations). Before the timeskip the oracion 6, grimmoire heart and tartarus kept the balance of the underworld with a non aggression agreement. Raven tail in particular comes to mind. The gap left due to the defeat of the oracion 6 and grimmoire heart (which at least got weaker as a whole) is bound to be taken by them. Basically there could be as many as 3 dark guilds left to fight once again.

Gerard will turn out to have disappeared from the prison or scaped. We are likely to see him involved with some dark guild, perhaps even the one zeref is at.

Urtear and meldy's fate is something I can't even imagine anything about. Urtear could have gotten caught or disappear. It would be interesting if she helped gerard get out of prison. Meldy would perhaps be at a guild, she might have gotten lenience from the council due to being a child. It'd be interesting if in her next appearance she becomes friends with jubia.

I do think lucy's dad will turn out to have left her some money and every penny will be used to pay the land lady and treat natsu to a meal. It would be smarter for lucy to forget about her old stuff and apartment and get a new apartment and stuff though.

Quantized
October 22, 2011, 06:32 PM
I think this happened over the timeskip:

Zeref became the leader of a dark guild. Perhaps he remade grimmoire heart or he started a new one altogether.

There was a dark guild war (although perhaps not actual confrontations). Before the timeskip the oracion 6, grimmoire heart and tartarus kept the balance of the underworld with a non aggression agreement. Raven tail in particular comes to mind. The gap left due to the defeat of the oracion 6 and grimmoire heart (which at least got weaker as a whole) is bound to be taken by them. Basically there could be as many as 3 dark guilds left to fight once again.

Gerard will turn out to have disappeared from the prison or scaped. We are likely to see him involved with some dark guild, perhaps even the one zeref is at.

Urtear and meldy's fate is something I can't even imagine anything about. Urtear could have gotten caught or disappear. It would be interesting if she helped gerard get out of prison. Meldy would perhaps be at a guild, she might have gotten lenience from the council due to being a child. It'd be interesting if in her next appearance she becomes friends with jubia.

I do think lucy's dad will turn out to have left her some money and every penny will be used to pay the land lady and treat natsu to a meal. It would be smarter for lucy to forget about her old stuff and apartment and get a new apartment and stuff though.

I do find this one very, very likely, great idea.
I will so smile if she chooses to pay up the rent for 7 years instead of finding a new apartment, but this is Fairy Tail, have gotten used to stuff out of place by now ^_^´

Other stuff are also interesting ideas, just that Lucy's dad leaving money behind to her, seems so likely that I'd eat my own hat if it didn't happen! :o

OPN
October 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
this was...actually a good chapter. im not surprised at lucys dad being dead but i wasnt completely expecting it. i find it funny alzack and bisca have a kid hopfuly we get more surprises like that in the future. when jura mentioned that guild i instantly thought of jellal,meredy and them making a guild and it becoming the top. im really looking foreward to the ten wizard saint meeting since i really want to know who the other wizard saints are since we only seen jura,markarov and i think jellal was a ex holy mage.

Zeltrax
October 22, 2011, 08:02 PM
Enjoyed this chapter as it's so fun to read.
At least we know that Mashima had something planned when he did the timeskip, he's probably, like
many said, going to introduce alot of new things at once.
Oh..lucy's father is dead.. I'm sure that there will be a sad story about how he waited for her until his death..
he couldn't wait one more month :(
It's going to be touching :crying
Natsu is going to console her or do something like that and then we're off to one major arc.
B-But what about my lisannaXnatsu :scry

Oh, so much sadness for me this chapter.

ErosVp
October 22, 2011, 10:11 PM
Great Chapter!!!!
But again... Every new arc of Fairy Tail begins epic, i just hope Mashima keep this level until the end this time....

Do the poll again Ghost! Don't be lazy! XP

As I was saying at One Piece discussion thread... You shouldn't bother if some people hates a chapter or an arc you think it is good. If you are a true fan, just believe the author. Believe the author will do something amasing and everyone will bite their tongues! The time skip don't seem that bad with a great chapter like this one....

White Silver King
October 22, 2011, 11:25 PM
Pretty meh chapter but definitely a +1000 from last week. Nothing bad about it and I'm looking forward to the Jellal/Zeref/Ultear development that's obviously very important (strongest guild anyone?). I still stand very firmly on my opinion of the time skip though.

But I must say, Jura looks like a muscular Jafar with that beard lmao.

RaveDragon
October 23, 2011, 03:00 AM
Lucy mentions a story in the beginning i wonder if it was actually a prophecy and she was told by her mother or something, you know of the 'source of magic'.

Sherry REALLY changed but still hates Lucy :XD
Gildarts...:confetti Damn he's funny, maybe Cana should have told him when he grew up a little mentally :XD

I found this kinda sad, never thought mashima would kill of a character like this, not after Lucy and her father where trying :crying she really wanted to bond with him i guess though it might be importat plot wise so it might be a good thing. He does want to show that the week for them had been 7 years for the outside world so everyhting changed an change is not always pleasant

kakashidad
October 23, 2011, 03:16 AM
Cool issue,laidback.So in covering the missing years the FT members are starting to realize
that there was some bad upside to been missing for 7yrs.Not least LUCY...She was revived
one month too late to make it up with her old man.Shame that!Let's hope she does not let that
hinder the rest of her growth as a person and a mage.

Makarov is looking to keep the proxy master COBALT in his chair for the time been,i believe the
95 yr old is up to something,And asking about a particular guild somehow made hm slightly depressed.
Ezra learning that bisca and his lady are married with a child was quite funny imo.

I want despartely to see/learn what's happen to JELLAH...i for along time now,have thought that there's
a story there...considering that mistogan jellah and Gerad all resemble each other...watch this space.

As mentioned Romeo has learned some fire magic..but look where he learnt it from?from one of gazeel
and juvia old comrade from Phathom lord or the disbanded PL guild.I can see him feeding natsu on future
mission lol.And natsu loosing his money was hilarious...
Now.juvia littlelove triangle that exsist in her head was quite funny and in a strange way,enlightening.Why
did ULTEAR and Meredy pop up there?

And why did bisca prevent his wife from telling ezra about jellah?These are the subtle hints i grave for,as to
what to expect in the not so distant future...What happen to Ultear and her beau...Did they come fullcircle and
change there ways?Are they on the right track now?

And who is the number one guild in all of fiore, if lama scale is number two?I'm outta here laters.

Skyguardian
October 23, 2011, 04:57 AM
Wendy sure was cute to the extreme this chapter... Poor "little" girl :D

As I thought this timeskip is made well. Thats why I love Fairy tail.

I'm just a little sad because of Lucy. Now Fairy tail is really her only family left.

Makarov sure is a bitch... XD

Sollum
October 23, 2011, 05:04 AM
I wonder who says the line

"He's alive, isn't he?"
"Zeref."

Maybe Ultear and Meldy joined Zeref's Grimmoire Hearth, freed Gerrard and wiped out Raven Tail?

Or maybe Zeref killed em all, with his "judgmental spells" :D

ca12nag3
October 23, 2011, 05:09 AM
I wonder who says the line

"He's alive, isn't he?"
"Zeref."

Maybe Ultear and Meldy joined Zeref's Grimmoire Hearth, freed Gerrard and wiped out Raven Tail?

Or maybe Zeref killed em all, with his "judgmental spells" :D

I wouldnt be surprised if there has been a jail replacement,
As in Gerard got busted out by Zeref to be his help, after all his *love* was lost 7 years ago. So he had nothing left.
And both Meredy and Ultear got arested and tossed in jail.

Or they started a new Guild and are now the nr 1 guild in the land? lol.

k-dom
October 23, 2011, 05:57 AM
It's funny the comparison with last week comments. But yeah, I guess it's only now that we can start to understand the meaning and possibilities behind this weird time skip. It's worth being a bit patient sometime.
As others said I suppose the new n°1 guild is related to Zeref. I wonder if this can be related to Lucy's father death.

ErosVp
October 23, 2011, 06:13 AM
I found this kinda sad, never thought mashima would kill of a character like this, not after Lucy and her father where trying :crying she really wanted to bond with him i guess though it might be importat plot wise so it might be a good thing. He does want to show that the week for them had been 7 years for the outside world so everyhting changed an change is not always pleasant

To me, that was the most uninteresting thing in the chapter!I don't really give a damn about Lucy and her father relationship.... I think Wendy's boobs were more interesting than that!

Quantized
October 23, 2011, 06:37 AM
It's funny the comparison with last week comments. But yeah, I guess it's only now that we can start to understand the meaning and possibilities behind this weird time skip. It's worth being a bit patient sometime.
As others said I suppose the new n°1 guild is related to Zeref. I wonder if this can be related to Lucy's father death.

I hope it is, I almost always enjoy stories that has been planned in such details a long time ahead.
I got a feeling that Mashima wants to change more than the magic world, he might also change how it's being written.

As far as I have read on these forums, the manga was originally planned to be a short manga. But this unexpected success to the manga, may make Mashima put in new energy in the manga, to which he now has planned long ahead from this point and onwards..? Certainly, I hope so.

It was a smart turn in such a case, 7 years really changes a world a lot, especially if someone like Zeref is on the run.
Plenty of excuses for sudden changes now without it looks wrong or stupid, but actually creative and smart.

ca12nag3
October 23, 2011, 07:21 AM
I hope it is, I almost always enjoy stories that has been planned in such details a long time ahead.
I got a feeling that Mashima wants to change more than the magic world, he might also change how it's being written.

As far as I have read on these forums, the manga was originally planned to be a short manga. But this unexpected success to the manga, may make Mashima put in new energy in the manga, to which he now has planned long ahead from this point and onwards..? Certainly, I hope so.

It was a smart turn in such a case, 7 years really changes a world a lot, especially if someone like Zeref is on the run.
Plenty of excuses for sudden changes now without it looks wrong or stupid, but actually creative and smart.

I totally dont see it like that, nr 1 guild always and always refers to legal/official guilds not dark ones, and its hard to believe Zeref would ever be in a legal/official guild.

saya1987
October 23, 2011, 07:21 AM
I think the coming chapters would focus more on lucy because her dad would have left her a letter or a will before he died. From then on, it's either revealing or building up the mystery surrounding layla. Secondly, Lucy hasn't visited her mum's grave for more than 7 years. With caprico by her side, surely caprico would want to pay respects to his previous master. Lastly, Lucy mentioned before that she heard her mum saying every magic came from one entire source during the battle against bluenote.

As for the certain guild refered by marakov, it's most likely to be raven tail. Previously, he has been keeping tabs through gajeel but with the 7 yrs timeskip, marakov would definitely be curious what the hell he's been up to.

And I'm guessing the no.1 guild is raven tail, that's if they include the dark ones. I think it was mentioned before that raven tail was somewhat on par with fairy tail, they only lack the finance to start a war with FT. I can't fathom Zeref associating with any guild- as a leader or as a member. He's powerful enough to go solo. Please note that it's just a hunch so don't shoot me with questions.

As for meredy and ultear, I don't think they'll be saving jerall.

RaveDragon
October 23, 2011, 07:26 AM
I think the coming chapters would focus more on lucy because her dad would have left her a letter or a will before he died. From then on, it's either revealing or building up the mystery surrounding layla. Secondly, Lucy hasn't visited her mum's grave for more than 7 years. With caprico by her side, surely caprico would want to pay respects to his previous master. Lastly, Lucy mentioned before that she heard her mum saying every magic came from one entire source during the battle against bluenote.

As for the certain guild refered by marakov, it's most likely to be raven tail. Previously, he has been keeping tabs through gajeel but with the 7 yrs timeskip, marakov would definitely be curious what the hell he's been up to.

And I'm guessing the no.1 guild is raven tail, that's if they include the dark ones. I think it was mentioned before that raven tail was somewhat on par with fairy tail, they only lack the finance to start a war with FT.

As for meredy and ultear, I don't think they'll be saving jerall.

I agree with you but I think this arc wont focus just on her, there's the jellal and Ultear/Meredy issue plus the zeref issue, though it might start through her mother. The thing is no one mentioned acnologia anymore, isnt anyone interested in that dragon who wiped them out :/

tobeulp
October 23, 2011, 07:39 AM
One thing to say epic... Like what I expected because of the last chapter it opened a bunch of new interesting development.

On a sidenote what does the people who rate the last chapter bad/worst rate this chapter :amuse... Because it is clear as day that Mashima had something new to bring us but from the reaction of some people I think you guys need to believe on the Mashima rather than just complain and complain and complain.. Not trying to flame anyone with this so sorry if I offended anyone

Ifrit
October 23, 2011, 08:31 AM
I don't think Lucy dad left her any money really....more likely he spend all this money on search and rescue for all these 7 years she was missing.....

I think next chapter will focus on Lucy's dad actually not Lucy...and Mashima will show us how he tried to search for his missing daughter.

hoeru
October 23, 2011, 08:34 AM
Poor Lucy! She is finally about to settle things with her father and then ... he's already dead, and for her it all happened withing a blink of an eye. Can't tell why but I found this a much deeper impact than Ichigo losing all his friends (which was all ---flaming removed before saving---) or Ace dying in Luffy's arms (even though that is as devastating to a character).

About Gerard: My bet is that Ulltear was caught, too, imprisoned with Gerard and they ultimately became a family... ;)

ErosVp
October 23, 2011, 09:11 AM
One thing to say epic... Like what I expected because of the last chapter it opened a bunch of new interesting development.

On a sidenote what does the people who rate the last chapter bad/worst rate this chapter :amuse... Because it is clear as day that Mashima had something new to bring us but from the reaction of some people I think you guys need to believe on the Mashima rather than just complain and complain and complain.. Not trying to flame anyone with this so sorry if I offended anyone

I rated last chapter boring and rated this one epic. Fairy Tail arcs always begins epic and promising, that is a fact. I don't believe Mashima too much and rate only the actual chapter.... As i said in a previous post, the guys who complain about negative comments are the ones who should believe the author, if they (or you) put so much faith in him, then let him show everyone (including me) what he can do with time. If he makes me bite my tongue i'll admit, like i'm doing now.

Quantized
October 23, 2011, 12:49 PM
I don't think Lucy dad left her any money really....more likely he spend all this money on search and rescue for all these 7 years she was missing.....

I think next chapter will focus on Lucy's dad actually not Lucy...and Mashima will show us how he tried to search for his missing daughter.

That is also a much more sweet version, granted, also a good possibility.
Though the way the story has been put, it deosn't seem that Lucy won't pay her landlord up, so where would she othervice get such money..?

It could be an interesting twist if he had created another fortune, but spended almost all on searching for her, but had a little left, enough for Lucy to pay her bill. As dumb it may be, I don't see her leaving her apartment behind.. maybe I'll have to bite my tongue too next chapter :p

ghostexiled
October 23, 2011, 08:06 PM
Guys lets try to focus on the chapter and not songs or how characters were created.

I have moved those posts to the Hangout Thread.

hoeru
October 24, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hm, I wonder if most of the former mages from Fairy Tail went over to - if i recall Leon's words correctly - that No.1 guild or to Tenma who helped searching for Tenrou Island. I'm missing Pii-chan, erm, Miki!

ca12nag3
October 24, 2011, 07:08 AM
Who im missing is Mest :P what would he look like for example? Turned fat? Or perhaps a beard? lol. Who knows? ^^

Quantized
October 24, 2011, 08:42 AM
I totally dont see it like that, nr 1 guild always and always refers to legal/official guilds not dark ones, and its hard to believe Zeref would ever be in a legal/official guild.

I never said anything about Zeref in a guild :o just that everyone is so god damned scared of him and the Council would do "anything" to stop him from returning... Doesn't that mean Zeref would have craved some pretty nasty things over these 7 years...? It's extremely likely, imho.

So I can't say anything about legal / official guild if I only said Zeref would bring chaos, guild or not.. and I think he has, othervice what's the point with a villain and shounen and what's the point of being so scared of him..? :)
What I actually agreed on by marking the text was that Zeref could have caused Lucy's fathers death somehow, not that he's in a guild or what else (:

shane1594
October 25, 2011, 06:03 AM
it seems Lucy is feeling sad for her relationship with her dad, this is an example of consequences with what happened and i have a feeling her dad either died or acquired love and lucky knowing mashima its the latter and maybe, just maybe Layla might be mentioned with important tidbits about the dragons since Aknologia kind of 'almostt' killed them. I guess lucy will have to go to fairy hills now since it seems she got kicked out of her apartment. The last page seems to say she got a surprise of sorts xD

Juvia's love sketch xD Natsu apparently likes lucy and lissana while lucy like gray xD bahahahaah there even meredy and loki and lyon likes ...oh Lyon i missed you so!

Fairy Hills costs more than Lucy's apartment.

RaveDragon
October 25, 2011, 12:01 PM

There will be a flashback but maybe not an entire chapter, it will be a sad chapter though losing his wife then suddenly his daughter whom hated him a few months or maybe weeks before but he managed to at least bond a little with for the first time.
I think there might be a crying scene most probably and the guild will try and help and Im guessing shell go to his grave and her mums which i presume are next to each other. Capricorn or someone might show up. Its be nice if layla's ex-spirits did show up (i wonder if they changed?)

Poor Lucy! She is finally about to settle things with her father and then ... he's already dead, and for her it all happened withing a blink of an eye. Can't tell why but I found this a much deeper impact than Ichigo losing all his friends (which was all ---flaming removed before saving---) or Ace dying in Luffy's arms (even though that is as devastating to a character).

About Gerard: My bet is that Ulltear was caught, too, imprisoned with Gerard and they ultimately became a family... ;)

I know right, probably because as much as Ace's death was one of the epitome of sadness and very well written story its not something which you easily relate to, the death of Lucy's father though seemed very 'real' if you know what i mean. it can happen that a person loses his parent and he couldnt make it so say goodbye for a short time. Plus her relationship with him, her wanting to try again and bond, it was all taken away and she couldnt have even imagined it. Plus it might remind her of her mothers death, we dont know what happened to her so she might have not been able to say goodbye to her either.

i bet Jellal escaped when he heard about Erza! ultear and Meredy might have turned over a ew leaf and started afresh maybe joined a guild or something although for Ultear this means a sentence from the council to bear before anything.
Who im missing is Mest :P what would he look like for example? Turned fat? Or perhaps a beard? lol. Who knows? ^^

he must have helped out or will help out with council matters!

So I can't say anything about legal / official guild if I only said Zeref would bring chaos, guild or not.. and I think he has, othervice what's the point with a villain and shounen and what's the point of being so scared of him..? :)
What I actually agreed on by marking the text was that Zeref could have caused Lucy's fathers death somehow, not that he's in a guild or what else (:

It would be interesting but i dont see why he would kill her father or cause his death :/ Now that i think about it Zeref was right in front of luccy when she teamed up with natsu against Kain and yet she didnt see him, so maybe her mothers death might be caused by hiand mashima didnt want them to meet...
Fairy Hills costs more than Lucy's apartment.

No I meant room with someone until she can get the money for the 7 years rent not go there permanently, although atm her apartment id definitely more expensive than FH :D

Jorge D. Dragon
October 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
The chapter was really interesting and I hope FT will get on track after Lucy and Natsu will come back. It should be interesting to see what direction will the manga take. Will it show something about Lucy's father and her mother's death or will they just cry a bit and then get back to the guild? Maybe the new events will be centered around something else or maybe they will be tied somehow with those deathes.
But actually I believe that Lucy's father died because he thought that his wife and his only daughter died and couldn't stand this. It's actually quite a shock for Lucy anyway.

elitefox
October 27, 2011, 02:53 AM
The chapter was really interesting and I hope FT will get on track after Lucy and Natsu will come back. It should be interesting to see what direction will the manga take. Will it show something about Lucy's father and her mother's death or will they just cry a bit and then get back to the guild? Maybe the new events will be centered around something else or maybe they will be tied somehow with those deathes.
But actually I believe that Lucy's father died because he thought that his wife and his only daughter died and couldn't stand this. It's actually quite a shock for Lucy anyway.

or die trying to find lucy

1337 haxor
October 28, 2011, 08:57 PM
or die trying to find lucy

Imagine if Lucy's dad died trying to get revenge on Acnologia, that would make things way more personal!

RaveDragon
October 29, 2011, 02:40 AM
Imagine if Lucy's dad died trying to get revenge on Acnologia, that would make things way more personal!

I dont know if he could be mad enough, i wonder if mashima will also tackle the 7 years after Layla's death for comparison (a flashback in a flashback) he might have been depressed and did something this stupid.

masubiladin
October 29, 2011, 09:57 AM
Do we have a new chapter this week?

kkck
October 29, 2011, 11:11 AM
There should be one... I can't wait.... I wish MS would post updates on when they expect to get the chapter out, otherwise I just check ever half an hour for it lol.

Lozmaster
October 29, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hm, I wonder if most of the former mages from Fairy Tail went over to - if i recall Leon's words correctly - that No.1 guild or to Tenma who helped searching for Tenrou Island. I'm missing Pii-chan, erm, Miki!

Tenma=Blue Pegasus (mangastream using blind idiot translation again), so no, I doubt many people went there, otherwise we'd probably have already seen them.

Ifrit
October 29, 2011, 12:23 PM
There should be one... I can't wait.... I wish MS would post updates on when they expect to get the chapter out, otherwise I just check ever half an hour for it lol.

same..I hope we will get to know what Lyon told Gray.....Bisca told Erza.....Jura to Makarov...although it looks gonna focus on Lucy...

Lee-tyme7
October 29, 2011, 03:27 PM
I wanna see if Lucy had no choice but to stay over @ Natsu and Happy's place. LOL She'll end up cleaning their house again and they probably won't like it. Can't wait for next chapter.

Bigfoot187
October 29, 2011, 06:42 PM
alright no fairy tail this weekend is so messing op mmy rythm :P

Pfft I wanna know the answer to the final questios
guess natsu found ot his safe was gone
Probably makarov's son's guild has meed some moves caus who else would he care about.
Wondering what ultear and meredy did, probably contacted Lyon or something, maybe even joined lama scale :)
and I guess Jellal was executed, yep pretty sure probably as an example by the new council or something

hoeru
October 29, 2011, 10:22 PM
jump chapters have been late - so shonen magazine chapters probably are as well.

my brother was looking out for raws lately but his sources are almost blank now. chapter scans almost completely gone (or delayed for more than a week), and volume scans look crappy as if they were messed up intentionally (kana are unreadable, block artefacts ruin screentones and color pages) ...

But there is a 6 pages special in the "weekly shounen magazine special" issue 11/2011. 6 bikini fanservice color pages: Lucy & Virgo, Wendy & Charle, Mirajane & Lisanna, Erza (solo), and Juvia, Cana, Levy and Panther Lily. (Post in Mangastream forum (http://forum.mangastream.com/showpost.php?p=1673382&postcount=597))

LOL mangastream readers are calling Mashima a pervert - I'm gonna cite my bro (what he said offline ^_^):

Gosh, inexperienced and ubermoralistic -censored-. They're reacting as if they've never went to a beach before... Charle is looking much more offensive and they're whining about one of the least offensive lolicon stuff I've ever seen.

Don't know if I translated him correctly.

Maybe MS is "late" because they're gonna doing the 6 pages special, too?