PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 257 Discussion

Charlie
October 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:

Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:

At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links

If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*

Formatting:

We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.

Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73278-Fairy-Tail-257-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

ghostexiled
October 30, 2011, 12:39 AM
chapter out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80129557/1

Atobe the king
October 30, 2011, 12:47 AM
About what i expected, sweet/sad chapter :(. Still really curious about jellal and the others....

Ifrit
October 30, 2011, 12:51 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.....Makarov +Erza+Mirajane.....against them ? how can this guild represent Magnolia O.o

so..guys..what was that 7 years enemy grow stronger ? LOL....even Gildartz and Laxus was not there....only Makarov + Erza +Mira done well apparently hehehe

anyway it was a good chapter looks like Lucy dad really changed.

Newkerzy
October 30, 2011, 12:53 AM
Not a bad chapter. But it did show how much Jude believed that she would come back. It seems that he was trying to make amends, even if it was for naught, that was the really sad part. Also, I sure hope naruhodo didn't mistranslate this chapter because the part where Jude said how she's so similar to Layla and that she was a "blessed" child seems to be another subtle hint about Lucy's other. Gahhh!!! Mashima, stop playing!!!

EDIT: LOL at Makarov/Mira/Erza wreaking havoc on Twilight Ogre. It's gonna be more complicated now to explain since there's technically 2 Masters in the guild. Well, let's just hope Macao doesn't get into trouble with the council after this.:p

ghostexiled
October 30, 2011, 12:55 AM
Well to expect anything more would be foolish really...

this is a a transition chapter.

It still was good for the meeting between Makrov and Twilight Orge! :p

I want to know about the "silent" info that was given towards the end of the last chapter...

Nike Takeuchi
October 30, 2011, 12:59 AM
Really decent chapter...say thanks to the landlord lady!! Next chapter's called "sabertooth" ... smelling new arc and new charactors!!
Although it's quite fun watching Makarov and the fairy ladies kicking the Twilght Ogres' asses...I still find the 7 years leap unecessary, maybe just a year or two suits more~ Butt anyways, great chapter!! can't wait for the new arc!! ^0^

den_lim
October 30, 2011, 01:06 AM
That last gift box looked like it could hold a key. hmmm.

Ifrit
October 30, 2011, 01:21 AM
That last gift box looked like it could hold a key. hmmm.

Thats really good ....mmm..SABERTOOTH could be a Spirit ?

LoS
October 30, 2011, 01:23 AM
It's unfortunate the manga seems to have "started over" if you will. I hope it doesn't take too long till we see some plot related to when the island disappeared, or some advanced abilities. I just hope the return to normalcy is officially done with this chapter, and that includes the upcoming arc. I hope it isn't a get your feet wet type arc, where they just take on some job for the sake of taking on a job.

lordoffantasy
October 30, 2011, 01:28 AM
Thats really good ....mmm..SABERTOOTH could be a Spirit ?

no, not likely. they are based off of the zodiac and similar, the spirits. coudl be the name of some new enemy.
i really want to know what is going on. possibly of all three mentioend being dead; o. possiblity of them being in trouble; eighty percent. possiblity that i will go insane before it is revealed,' 100 percent!

Ero-Sanji
October 30, 2011, 01:42 AM
I liked the chapter, it was needed and done perfectly.
He solved the Lucy dilemma and the Ogre dilemma with humor and sadness, all in one chapter. The next arc, we'll be a regular job, I think, but it will be interwoven into something plot related. Actually, that isn't necessary at all, since he could be focusing on some new bad-ass guild/ dark guild. I mean, it has gone over 7 years, are they really ready for the top dogs?

Bludvein
October 30, 2011, 01:59 AM
A surprisingly good chapter, considering what I thought of the recent ones. The part with Makarov was awesome. I can't believe Twilight Ogre was stupid enough to be that rude to one of the strongest mages in the world.

RaveDragon
October 30, 2011, 03:23 AM
:crying Mashima and sad chappies are like bread and butter he really knows how to execute them, it was an awesome chapter xD I loved How natsu and Happy 'defended' Lucy and fathers from those pompous girls. Her father lent her seven years worth of rent >< and like den_lim said theirs a gift box there that might be important plot wise whether it is a key or something linking to Layla and her past.

It was a sad way to settle their relationship, it was getting better but that's change at least she knows they did love each other :crying

I think a 7 year time skip was necessary it makes a good time for change which seems the focus of the arc right now and i think the '7' is imp plot wise so we cant say it could have been any other number.

Mira/Erza/Master Combo! the magical council might not like their return do this sabertooth might be a member although his name speaks dark guild to me rather. To be honest with the damage twilight ogre dealt to FT iits most probable that its true that they were actually the ones indebted to FT xD

I guess sabertooth has to do with the new mission xD

Sabertooth hmmm I don't think its a spirit since the last remaining are Pisces which i doubt has anything to do with big cats and Libra which isnt really screaming prehistoric big cat to me...Happy is gonna have fun with the name though =D

All in all i loved this chapter mixing humor and sadness well and im off to give my father a hug :glomp

oniichan powaa
October 30, 2011, 04:58 AM
A fairly good chapter. Comedy, tragedy and hope for the future, all in one chapter. Lucy's depression and her issue with her father's death is solved, Twilight Ogre got what they deserve (in your face idiots!), and now they're off to a new job... New arc starting next week. Sabertooth, new villains/monster maybe?
*I just realize that the old lady Lucy's apartment owner was wearing Lucy's old cloth. Weird!

ErosVp
October 30, 2011, 06:35 AM
Boooring! Lucy's father was always an ass, but now he is dead the author can paint a good version of him and blablala.... His only importance was the when he hired the Phantom Lord guild, at least now he won't appear anymore and that is good!

Last chapter was really good so i was expecting a continuation, but oh well... I don't think sabertooth is a spirit, but it would be cool to see others spirits even stronger then the ones from the golden keys. Maybe a Pegasus or a Fenix bronze keys lol

Shadow Limiter
October 30, 2011, 06:41 AM
*I just realize that the old lady Lucy's apartment owner was wearing Lucy's old cloth. Weird!

Well she did say that she threw out some of Lucy's cloths which were spoiled and take some of her cloths for herself. But in all that old lady is really a nice person, she could have given away the room to someone else but instead decided to wait for Lucy (that's not something everybody does).

As for the next chapter title "Sabertooth", well it could be possible that it could relate to a key (not a 'Golden Key' obviously though), or it could relate to a Guild (maybe its the Guild that is in the 1st position presently), or it could a new Dark Guild, or it could be a new character (could be a new member or a new villain). Well have to wait and see what it turns out to be.

Quantized
October 30, 2011, 07:23 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.....Makarov +Erza+Mirajane.....against them ? how can this guild represent Magnolia O.o

so..guys..what was that 7 years enemy grow stronger ? LOL....even Gildartz and Laxus was not there....only Makarov + Erza +Mira done well apparently hehehe

anyway it was a good chapter looks like Lucy dad really changed.

Now, now, hold on, just because this weak lill guild didn't show to be worth even a penny does not mean that there aren't some really powerful and strong dark guilds out there now unlike 7 years ago, you're jumping to extreme conclusions way to early. Besides this was so predictable, I atleast saw this epic beatup coming from the first chapter after the timeskip.. xD also that Lucy's rent would be paid by her father was really predictable.
You remember Marakov's reaction last chapter...? http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/34664104/18
I'm sure something very dire is happening in the world at the moment, for Marakov to react this way who is "othervice" a very positive old man. For Marakov to get like this, It'd have to be VERY dire situation, whatever it is, it's pretty likely dark.

Also we still have the great Saint meeting. I'm sure Marakov will learn about what's truly going on when going to this meeting, somehow, I got a feeling the story will take a leap in that direction once we learn exactly what happened to the world... In the meanwhile while he's at the meeting, we're gonna see Natsu and the 2 loveable characters doing a mission. This way of writing has been done a few times before in this manga, I would not be surprised if it would be to happen again now :)

Ifrit
October 30, 2011, 07:37 AM
mmm...why it's not a golden KEY ??? how many golden keys are there didn't Lucy say 12 I can't remember...HELP ANY1

"Cancer, Virgo, Aquarius, Taurus, Scorpion, Leon, Capricorn, Sagittarius ,Gemini, and Aries

did I forget something ?

Lucy only has 10 so far....2 are missing ....

Skyguardian
October 30, 2011, 08:04 AM
mmm...why it's not a golden KEY ??? how many golden keys are there didn't Lucy say 12 I can't remember...HELP ANY1

"Cancer, Virgo, Aquarius, Taurus, Scorpion, Leon, Capricorn, Sagittarius ,Gemini, and Aries

did I forget something ?

Libra and Pisces are missing. Sabletooth does not really fit them.

Chapter was great. Very sad moment with Lucy. Natsu really can read the mood sometimes. He seemed almost like an adult.

Makarov was badass as ever. Poor Twilight Ogre... They are totally screwed. And for the record. Mira and Erza are way scarier than old fart Gildartz and not Fairy Laxus.

They really need their old building back. I miss it... =/

hoeru
October 30, 2011, 08:49 AM
Not much to say but recently, I feel like pre-timeskip Franky from OP when I read chapters like these... Moved by the chapter - and raged by hypercritics who don't show any kind of respect. And then - I'm happy that Mashima turns out to be an extremely good author. Just compare what Lucy has to go through with the "Oooh, I've lost all my friends!!!!" craziness Kubo made Ichigo go through...

About Sabretooth... Maybe it's a monster like Balkan using take over?

P.S.:

Yay! I'm not an emotional cripple!!!! T_T

1337 haxor
October 30, 2011, 09:40 AM
Stupid Mashima, that was pure tear jerker and Lucy trolling. He was really evulz this time.

All in all Twilight Ogre didn't even serve for fodder, how could FT, even in it's weakened state, stay low on these snarky dogs?

Sure Makarov is a monster and the S chicks are demons (REALLY LAME JOKE) on their own right but are you sure the rest of the guild can't hold their own after seven years to gather experiece?

Anyhow, at least this whole transitional period is finally settling. I am with those saying that Mashima did a time skip just for the sake of rebooting the plot, we are probably going to receive a lot of things out of nowhere before the main plot with Zeref, Acnologia and the other dragons finally resurface.

I only hope that Raven Tail is not so away now, Ivan just got a seven year vacation on his vendetta against the guild so putting him on the sidelines for any longer will wind up killing the tension of the showdown with Raven Tail.

Samui
October 30, 2011, 10:17 AM
Decent chapter. Looks like the only times in which FT has good chapters is when it's about these somehow slice of life chapters. But then when "shit gets real", it goes down hill rather quickly.

The only bad thing was the two trolls from the beginning, it was too forced.

Rowel
October 30, 2011, 11:39 AM
Lol, really enjoyed reading the chapter. So it would seem that we got some resolution between Lucy and her father at least. You really have to hand it to Natsu to be able to read people the way he does and how he is constantly caring for his comrades.

As for Twilight Ogre, it would seem that seven years of destroying furniture and harassing FT guild members equals to having the guild leader probably getting a size 300 forcefully shoved up his butt while he watches his guild get stomped to oblivion by two pissed off very powerful females. To them it was the end of their guild, to Makarov it was a Tuesday.

sarutobi_sensei
October 30, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hehe, loved the payment :D 7 Years worth of furniture, tears and sadness.

So Lucy's dad really died, but not before paying her rent for 7 years. Could he have known that she would be back after 7 years?

Oh and her landlady is actually nice :D

Loved Natsu's face when he passed by Macao and then their faces were also very good.

Sabertooth? A person or a guild?

Quantized
October 30, 2011, 11:53 AM
Not much to say but recently, I feel like pre-timeskip Franky from OP when I read chapters like these... Moved by the chapter - and raged by hypercritics who don't show any kind of respect. And then - I'm happy that Mashima turns out to be an extremely good author. Just compare what Lucy has to go through with the "Oooh, I've lost all my friends!!!!" craziness Kubo made Ichigo go through...

About Sabretooth... Maybe it's a monster like Balkan using take over?

P.S.:

Yay! I'm not an emotional cripple!!!! T_T

Indeed.
:p but well said. Although all authors has their bad sides, like Mashima can be a bit too spontaneous sometimes, which is one of his bad qualities. However I think he pulled the time skip off well too, and indeed :p Fairy Tail does better than Bleach lately.

Got a feeling that the quest they're on now will be a happy and positive one, but when they get back more bad news will await them. Just gut feelings, but we'll see :^_^

fairiehearts
October 31, 2011, 02:13 AM
Boooring! Lucy's father was always an ass, but now he is dead the author can paint a good version of him and blablala.... His only importance was the when he hired the Phantom Lord guild, at least now he won't appear anymore and that is good!

Last chapter was really good so i was expecting a continuation, but oh well... I don't think sabertooth is a spirit, but it would be cool to see others spirits even stronger then the ones from the golden keys. Maybe a Pegasus or a Fenix bronze keys lol

The last time we saw lucy's father though he was really trying to get himself back together. and he was so ready to have a relationship with his daughter again. It's sad that they never got that opportunity.

-----

Yes Libra and Pisces are the last gold keys left, though I'm having a really hard time imagining libra (how can they personify scales??) while pisces should be fishies....

------

I kinda hope it doesn't go straight to a random mission instead they should focus on the plot holes mashima left last chapter ie what happened to zeref, ultear + the dragons. its seven years for a reason so I hope the dragons will gain a bigger focus right now

ca12nag3
October 31, 2011, 06:13 AM
The last time we saw lucy's father though he was really trying to get himself back together. and he was so ready to have a relationship with his daughter again. It's sad that they never got that opportunity.

-----

Yes Libra and Pisces are the last gold keys left, though I'm having a really hard time imagining libra (how can they personify scales??) while pisces should be fishies....

------

I kinda hope it doesn't go straight to a random mission instead they should focus on the plot holes mashima left last chapter ie what happened to zeref, ultear + the dragons. its seven years for a reason so I hope the dragons will gain a bigger focus right now

Libra looks like a roman dressed lady holding a small version of scales, usually on courthouses you got a image of her blindfolded + scales + sword.
So its not too hard to imagin. Btw i wouldnt even be surprised if she was layla. Look at how Loki can move around in the human realm on will alone.

Also the zodiac qualities of Layla all eyeball towards Libra so ...i think its possible.

sarutobi_sensei
October 31, 2011, 06:21 AM
Same way they personified Loki... He should be a lion, not a "human". Same way they personified Aries.

I'm sure Libra will be "human" looking with scales for attack xD

Quantized
October 31, 2011, 07:34 AM
Any ideas/suggestions on what kind of mission they'll be going on next chapter..?

Was thinking it probably will be a positive / good one, but when they get back home, more bad news will await them, that's the initial thought anyway. So possibly a positive / good quest to keep the negativity away for a bit..

But if this is the case, what kind of quest will it be..? or do you think it'll be different mood..?
Somehow I keep thinking about their first quest together, but I can't help but also think that Mashima will do something new and fresh.

Lucy is full of sadness, but she's strong and I believe she will entrust her friends with her broken heart completely, thus Natsu probably found a quest "fitting" her situation, he has done that before afterall. Something interesting / keeping her mind off her broken heart and cheer her up a bit.

A good friend does not try to fix your heart or problems, but is there for you when you need her/him. Together with you when you're sad, just listens when you need someone to listen. That's all what it takes to be an awesome friend, not to try fix things / issues. Natsu is perfect for Lucy right now..!
Mashima really created a great guy in Natsu, he's not a typical shounen figure, but a front picture for kids to look up to which could change them for the rest of their lives, he's a good friend.

So what kind of quest will it be..?

RaveDragon
October 31, 2011, 11:46 AM

did I forget something ?

Pisces and Libra are missing so i dont think sabertooth can be any of them ^^'
Hehe, loved the payment :D 7 Years worth of furniture, tears and sadness.

So Lucy's dad really died, but not before paying her rent for 7 years. Could he have known that she would be back after 7 years?

Oh and her landlady is actually nice :D

Loved Natsu's face when he passed by Macao and then their faces were also very good.

Sabertooth? A person or a guild?

You're right it could be a guild maybe the number 1 guild or maybe an object or the aim of lucy and natsu's mission ^^
Libra looks like a roman dressed lady holding a small version of scales, usually on courthouses you got a image of her blindfolded + scales + sword.
So its not too hard to imagin. Btw i wouldnt even be surprised if she was layla. Look at how Loki can move around in the human realm on will alone.

Also the zodiac qualities of Layla all eyeball towards Libra so ...i think its possible.

I don't think Layla is a celestial being though, I don't think she's a normal human like Zeref isn't
The gift could be Layla's dairy? Father's parting gift to his daughter, her mother's memories. But for us it could gives us her backstory .

That would start giving some openings to the bigger plot xD The box looked like it could contain something important, Mashima gave it a panel so it could be a memoir of her mum hinting at some bigger plot, a key of a spirit who knew her mum even after she stopped being a mage or like you say which shows a greater connection to the daughter a dairy or even better letters!

ShoobyDooBop
October 31, 2011, 02:57 PM
Nothing much happened. I didn't really feel sorry for Lucy. I already expected this since last chapter. I think it's already a given that there's gonna be a new key for Lucy. And Twilight Ogre was obviously just using the debt to bully FT when the strong ones weren't around and they had the guts to tell them to pay them back the debt after the destruction they were causing every time they came? I think the casualties they caused were more than the loan they lent. Heck, if I were Makarov, I would kill the lot of them. And nice one Mashima, "Sabertooth". I have no idea what's gonna happen next chapter other than it's a name of the new strongest guild.

kkck
October 31, 2011, 05:16 PM
I wonder how the council will react to makarov beating up twilight ogger. They are not bound to be happy about it at all. Doesn't that count as war between guilds? Being an unilateral massacre does not make it any less of inter guild fights. Perhaps fairy tail will be able to argue the others started it.

Does anyone fight it disturbing that the landlady is going through lucy's mail? She would have had to open it to know what was in it. I also feel the tricked lucy. If lucy had received the money she could have easily buy new stuff lol. I wonder how long will it be until the guild gets to do s-class jobs again. Erza would need the income and perhaps makarov will permit natsu and co to take a few of them to allow them to get back on their feet financially.

Quantized
October 31, 2011, 06:37 PM
I wonder how the council will react to makarov beating up twilight ogger. They are not bound to be happy about it at all. Doesn't that count as war between guilds? Being an unilateral massacre does not make it any less of inter guild fights. Perhaps fairy tail will be able to argue the others started it.

Does anyone fight it disturbing that the landlady is going through lucy's mail? She would have had to open it to know what was in it. I also feel the tricked lucy. If lucy had received the money she could have easily buy new stuff lol. I wonder how long will it be until the guild gets to do s-class jobs again. Erza would need the income and perhaps makarov will permit natsu and co to take a few of them to allow them to get back on their feet financially.

Although, they had been terrorizing Fairy Tail for many years, yet the council did nothing to stop it.
I doubt they will dare to run to the council either, they'd learn to respect Marakov pretty damn well after this experience, "don't mess with him". What is gonna stop Marakov from paying them another visit, it'd be huge risk for them to think the council would have had enough of them exactly the moment their guild get hit.
Also I think the council would welcome Marakov back, they need strong mages against the new lurking evil. Funny enough, you don't give credit and respect to people like Marakov, but when you NEED them, all of a sudden that changes.

Don't think the council will do anything against Fairy Tail on the account of minor things like these, they got real threats to worry about. However, now, if Marakov is gonna cause an uproar the council disagrees on, then that is another story... Like fighting Zeref and/or his forces in a way the council disagrees on.

Did the landlord really go through Lucy's mail though..? Maybe her dad had written specifically to the landlord.

Ifrit
November 01, 2011, 01:33 AM
How come I never thought of that....I'll agree with every1 says SABERTOOTH is the current #1 guild...good prediction guys :super

I think Natsu & Lucy will be the first to meet them...I think Natsu+Lucy+Happy took a quest that already taken by SABERTOOTH members and this is how things will kick off....:amuse

oniichan powaa
November 01, 2011, 07:51 AM
Sabertooth as a guild? The no. 1 guild? Plausible idea. Interesting indeed.
But, what if Sabertooth refers to a cat/ exceed like Happy and co. ?

Sabertooth = prehistoric cat = really old exceed(?)

edit: or maybe Sabertooth is a mage from the no.1 guild

sarutobi_sensei
November 01, 2011, 06:36 PM
I still wonder what guild is Tenma.

Sabertooth most likely is the #1 guild in Fiore right now. Or someone from that guild.

What i'm really interested in right now is what is the council going to do? How will they react to FT being back to "normal"?

Thorvardur
November 01, 2011, 06:37 PM
Sabertooth is a cat with big teeths.
Big teeths refers to something big to eat.
something big to eat is a whale!
whale.... it could be a Narwhal.
Yes Sabertooth is most possible by my calculations a Narwhal.

iczp
November 01, 2011, 10:01 PM
258 is definitely another Hiro-san's launchpad for fresh FT adventures!

Both 256 and 257 sets the tone before Natsu will get fired up again :mad and Lucy's ready to use her :newnew gold key(Capricorn),:yay implied that she have made the contract already.. though so far, there was no direct evidence to support contract made however, its clear that Capricorn belongs to Lucy-chan now..... its just sad that she haven't made up for her father and her words of love fell into deaf ears. :(

>Concerning the FT's relationship with the Council and the Twilight Ogre, hmmm...destruction is the Fairy Tail's trademark after all.:pwned although the Fiore had its own 7 years of boredom i bet the Council will get furious again if not, entertained!:toc
Without them, the world would be boring. -Jellal

Sabertooth: It has been the viewed of many that it is very related either to the next mission of Natsu-Lucy-Happy team or the No.1 Fiore's guild. Personally, i think its just the fitting title for their next mission. Oh well, we will just wait for 258 then.
FT guild's next move is to rebuild the guild reputation again...

in my opinion... by the way of Destruction! :XD
[post 01]

Skyguardian
November 03, 2011, 07:44 AM
I still wonder what guild is Tenma.

Sabertooth most likely is the #1 guild in Fiore right now. Or someone from that guild.

What i'm really interested in right now is what is the council going to do? How will they react to FT being back to "normal"?

That is Blue Pegasus. Was a weird translation by mangastream.

rose
November 03, 2011, 03:22 PM
That is Blue Pegasus. Was a weird translation by mangastream.

More that they DIDN'T translate it. It was written as "Tenma" in Japanese, and they didn't translate it.

kkck
November 05, 2011, 11:14 AM
Has anyone given any thought to what the title of the next chapter could mean? I would think sabertooth is either a magical item from a mission (which would be a nice turn since we have not seen lucy and natsu do a regular job since the beginning of the manga) or the most likely scenario a new character. Not sure what a new character would do relating to a sabertooth though. It would also be interesting if sabertooth is a stelar spirit although I can't recall if there is a tiger stellar spirit.

This has probably been discussed a bit by now but what are the odds that lucy got a golden key from her dad as a birthday present? There are only a few left but I have been curious about libra in particular. Other than that only piscis is left. It is also due time to see a stellar spirit mage who used only silver keys to fight, someone more powerful than lucy using caellum would be quite strong IMO.

nichendrix
November 05, 2011, 02:00 PM
Is there a chapter this week? By now we are supposed to get at least some spoilers.

abou the odds of Lucy getting a golden key from her father, I don't think it's far fetched, though rare, they seem to be as much a marketable iten as the silver keys.

What I really wanted to see is Lucy with more combat and deffense oriented silver Keys, so she could summon mutiple keys more often and thus be more capable of handling strong opponents all by herself, since using multple summons with gold keys drains so much magical power that it's often a one shot trick on the bag of tricks.

kkck
November 05, 2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think lucy has the magic to summon multiple spirits, even if only silver keys... Its not like they are that weak either, angel was able to take out two golden key spirits with one silver spirit. Lucy is already capable of handling strong enemies by herself, leo, crapricorn, gemini and aquarius have already shown to have insane fighting capacity, perhaps enough to give natsu or grey a run for their money. The issue is that lucy has the innate capacity to summon the wrong spirit at the wrong time to deal with the wrong opponent and when she does summon the seemingly correct spirit mashima makes it so that it is useless for some reason (not enough magic being the common scenario and perhaps the more remarkable case when the captain guy took control over the water aquarius was using).

nichendrix
November 05, 2011, 04:33 PM
I don't think lucy has the magic to summon multiple spirits, even if only silver keys... Its not like they are that weak either, angel was able to take out two golden key spirits with one silver spirit.

With this I have to disagree, at least twice she was able to summon 4 or more golden keys simultaneously, even though usually for just some seconds for the same reasons (low magical power), but it's not that rare for her to summon two of them at the same time or in rapid succession. She really has to get some silver keys and train to get a golden key and some Silver Keys together so she can be more effective on attack, defense and support, because right now, she is always a one shot big gun, if she hits she can do a lot of damage, if not, it's wasted.

If she has a good spirit for defense, and one of two for support and a golden key for attack, she can become quite a beast by herself, undoubtedly a S-Rank Mage.

kkck
November 05, 2011, 04:53 PM
^Really?

I did not mean to say lucy plainly could not summon multiple spirits. We know she can summon several of them for about a second but so what? With the amount of time she can keep multiple spirits they would not even be able to complete an attack. What is the good of this? Its useless. Based on what we have seen it is not like silver keys consume a dramatically smaller amount of magic as silver key spirits seem to be powerful enough as it is (as I said, caellun took out two spirits at once). Just to please your overwhelming pickiness, "lucy cannot handle multiple spirits at once even if only with silver keys". Perhaps she could handle plue and another spirit but plue is useless in battle as it is. As she is right now I don't think she has the sheer magical power to summon multiple, useful combat spirits with a degree of power, she needs to dramatically increase her amount of magic.

shane1594
November 06, 2011, 05:07 AM
^Really?

I did not mean to say lucy plainly could not summon multiple spirits. We know she can summon several of them for about a second but so what? With the amount of time she can keep multiple spirits they would not even be able to complete an attack. What is the good of this? Its useless. Based on what we have seen it is not like silver keys consume a dramatically smaller amount of magic as silver key spirits seem to be powerful enough as it is (as I said, caellun took out two spirits at once). Just to please your overwhelming pickiness, "lucy cannot handle multiple spirits at once even if only with silver keys". Perhaps she could handle plue and another spirit but plue is useless in battle as it is. As she is right now I don't think she has the sheer magical power to summon multiple, useful combat spirits with a degree of power, she needs to dramatically increase her amount of magic.

You are full of it. If you're going to reference something make sure that you take the entire sequence into account. In the scene that you are referring to, when the spirit king comes forth at karen's grave, Loke actually goes out of the way to say that even Karen couldn't summon multiple spirits at once. Taking that into account one can assume that the spirits from the Celestial Zodiac take a significant amount of magical power to summon.