PDA

View Full Version : Hildegarda

thornofcarrion
October 31, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hilda as she more commonly referred in the series. She is a charming and beautiful character...a damsel. Did I tell you, she is a demon...I know can't tell by her looks XD. She is the caretaker of Beelzebub. From what we have seen, she is very attached to baby beel. Ah how can I forget, she likes to dress up as Gothic chic or lolita :hurr.

Jammin
October 31, 2011, 07:19 PM
She's a favorite of mine. Scary ill tempered girls FTW!

I'm really hoping for some love triangle action between her and Kunieda. If a strong rivalry developed there things could get incredibly fun.

lawlett-kun
October 31, 2011, 10:44 PM
Oh dear Hilda. Noone is better than you! I think she is the most epic female character in series. She seems on a complete different level to all those wet nurses.

thornofcarrion
October 31, 2011, 11:20 PM
Can I join the Hilda Fan Club too :hurr. She is indeed a very attractive character. I don't suppose any other woman in the series was more fitting than her to raise Beelzebub in care of Oga.

lawlett-kun
October 31, 2011, 11:23 PM
Can I join the Hilda Fan Club too :hurr. She is indeed a very attractive character. I don't suppose any other woman in the series was more fitting than her to raise Beelzebub in care of Oga.

what i like about her, is that she is not some weak girl with huge boobs and blonde hair. She actually playes an iportant part in the manga. And is not a fodder :hip

shiemi
November 20, 2011, 11:21 PM
i loveee hildaa :) she is amazing

M3J
November 20, 2011, 11:47 PM
Hilda is arguably one of the most epic characters in Beelzebub and in manga overall, especially among the female characters. The way she kicks ass and is badass is just hard to parallel. :3 Love Hilda loads!

Teeba
December 08, 2011, 01:54 AM
I love Hilda because even when she got herself captured by Jabberwock, she didn't take it lying down. It wasn't really a moment of crisis for her--she waited until she had enough information before trying to bust out.

Its a shame her fight with the pillar fodders happened off-screen, but I'm still amazed she took out five whole squads before they were able to catch up with her. I like how even in captivity she shows how strong she is.

Another thing I wanted to, how do you guys think this rescue arc will affect her? I think out of all the characters, Hilda hasn't actively bonded with people, beside Oga, Furuichi, and maybe Aoi (but in a negative way xD). I think the reason is that before, she was wary about whether Oga would do a good job as a parent. And now, maybe she even feels conflicted because Oga is forming his own rules and opinions about what he wants to do as a parent. Erm, what do you guys think?

M3J
December 08, 2011, 02:08 AM
She's bonded with Furuichi? O_o I thought she hated Furuichi and put up with him because of Oga or something. She bonds well enough with Aoi though, like when they were finding the captain for the volleyball team.

Hilda might lose her memories though, which might help us get a flashback on her, probably when she tries to remember stuff. I don't see her losing memories of Beel though, but it may happen. I never knew Hilda was THIS strong though, it's pretty sexy. ._.

Teeba
December 08, 2011, 02:45 AM
Well, how can I put it: She's gradually grown used to him, and has started to respect him a little more than before. All the way back when Oga fought Toujou, the reason Furuichi was there to see it is because Hilda (and Alaindelon) wanted him there. Heck she even complimented Furuichi on how he helped Lamia find En. Then when Beel (in Oga's body) punch Furuichi, she told him he should accept being promoted to Beel's royal punching bag, and Oga agreed. I just assumed there is a beginning of a friendship there. :sweat

Strength (whether inner or outer)+ confidence is always sexy. Always.

I think her love of Beel will overwhelm any memory-erasing magic as well. I would love a flashback! Now that we know her and Yolda are sisters, it's highly relevant why Hilda chose Beel and Yolda chose En. Plus, I want to know what kind of life she had before becoming a nanny.

M3J
December 09, 2011, 03:06 AM
Makes sense, I was recalling when Hilda got mad at Furuichi for calling her job work.

It always is, which makes Hilda even sexier.

It makes you wonder if Yolda's the younger sister who went with the older brother while Hilda was forced to go with the younger one. Looks like they didn't have any choice though. I wanna know as well cuz her power is off the charts. X_X

Dolly12
December 26, 2011, 12:36 PM
I love Hilda. She's the *bestest* blond bomshell demon wet nurse ever existed in manga-verse
(I know this statement is quite exaggerated but if you happen to know manga with character like Hilda, please introduce me to that series)

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2332/beelzebubchapter137ogaa.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/beelzebubchapter137ogaa.png/)

Colored by hikari-no-yami (http://hikari--no--yami.deviantart.com/art/Beelzebub-chapter-137-Oga-and-Hilda-275769003)

Update: I take this as anime team's answer to what-could-possibly-happen-if-Hilda-loose-her-memory...
Yay or Nay?http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7725/wwwdotuporg2485734.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/wwwdotuporg2485734.jpg/)

source: I don't know Japanese so whenever I see an image link, I click (http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/cchara/1320853482)

Teeba
January 17, 2012, 02:03 AM
LOL I saw that anime color spread. Obvious Hilda troll is obvious. :lmao

What I love about Hilda the most is how she takes her job as mother seriously. Its kind of ultra-feminist of her, since I know a lot of stay-at-home moms get flack for choosing family over career. This amnesia arc is a great way for us to know more about her. From the last chapter, I'm guessing Hilda really hasn't thought much about her life outside motherhood.

thornofcarrion
January 24, 2012, 01:14 AM
What do you think of the current Hilda? I kind of miss the old one. She was more authoritative. I guess, that role suits her better.

Jammin
January 24, 2012, 04:17 PM
Well if we were talking a permanent change I would definitely prefer the old one and I expect we will get her back eventually.

But their was always the slight downside with her which was that, because of how cold and hostile she was, she didn't really allow herself to connect very well with other characters; even her own sister was somewhat distant with her. I think this change might provide a great opportunity for those connections to form and then carry over when she gets her memories back and reverts to the more familiar "cold and scary Hilda" that we all know and love.

So I think this innocent Hilda is going to serve to make the scary Hilda even better.

Teeba
January 25, 2012, 02:15 PM
I agree. I see the arc as the perfect way for characters to figure out how they see Hilda--and most importantly how Hilda sees everyone else. Besides Aoi and Furuichi, she really hasn't interacted with the human characters as much at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll react once she regains her memories. How Hilda reacts might as well show us how demons adapt to living on Earth.

I'm glad the author is focusing on her, even if it is in an almost parody-like way. :lmao

thornofcarrion
January 27, 2012, 12:33 AM
Nice posts. The amnesia is a way for Hilda's character to develop. I assume, she will regain her memory. She will act cold and hostile as before, but there will be moments when she will show her caring and tender nature as well.

masgrande
June 19, 2012, 05:15 AM
I just wondering, have they ever shown Hilda's left eye in the manga?

Teeba
June 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
Nope. Not even once! In fact, a lot of fanart show hints of Hilda's left eye, but the manga never does, even when it defies logic. Like, when Hilda is mid-fall before she gets captured by the dragon, her hair should really be flying all over the place, but it stays put. :lmao

I would be cool for there to be an arc about Hilda's eye. I mean, the woman shut off her emotions just to become the best wet nurse, I'm sure her eye has something to do with it!

Going back to the chapter, I'm curious to see Hilda and Himekawa interact more. They both can be quite ruthless, I'm wondering how it'll play out.

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
June 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
I believe Hilda's left eye is on the same line as for Sanji: since she probably has normal eyebrows, maybe we will discover that she has eyes of a different colour. Who knows!

Teeba
June 21, 2012, 04:06 PM
I think that would be cool, if her left eye was blue or something! But I am also wondering if its sealed by some kind of magic, which would fit the parody aspect of Beelzebub. You know, maybe Hilda and Yolda are the only surviving members of a servant clan....:teehee

Black Hawk
June 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
Hildas is a Demonic android maid and in her left is a kamera, so demonic lord can always watch what his son is do. Or maybe Hilda got a visionary Eye like Sven from BlackCat.
Or Maybe left Side of the Face looks like a Succubus. XD Becomes Hilda is a natural Bomb.

Teeba
July 08, 2012, 07:59 AM
Do you think Hilda's been more focused than normal this arc, or is it just me? Not surprising since she got an order from the Demon Lord, but I'm curious what MH thinks.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Hildas is a Demonic android maid and in her left is a kamera, so demonic lord can always watch what his son is do. Or maybe Hilda got a visionary Eye like Sven from BlackCat.
Or Maybe left Side of the Face looks like a Succubus. XD Becomes Hilda is a natural Bomb.

This makes so much sense I can't even think straight. :huh :lmao Maybe when she finally rebels she'll wear an eyepatch or something. xD

Black Hawk
July 08, 2012, 05:06 PM
Do you think Hilda's been more focused than normal this arc, or is it just me? Not surprising since she got an order from the Demon Lord, but I'm curious what MH thinks.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Come on Teeba where was your Head. In which Arc Hilda stand in the middle. The Behemoth Arc when she talk about the history and Sister Holda. When she fight for her Sister. There was no other Arc she stand in middle.

This makes so much sense I can't even think straight. :huh :lmao Maybe when she finally rebels she'll wear an eyepatch or something. xD

And i was thinking this was the only truth. An Android Demon was for me the only truth. Maybe something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyTFkrSUQ24&feature=related

Hilda is Demonic Android Maid, Hilda is beautiful, Hilda is wild and Hilda is an android. So maybe i find the truth.

Doraku
July 12, 2012, 07:35 PM

I'm feeling the same but not just on this recent chapter. IMO, Hilda has more "serious" tone post-Amnesia arc. She is more focused toward her goal to gain retainer as much as possible and rarely talks about anything besides that. Lately, her roles are kinda marginalized (ok, bad choice of word) by Tamura compared to pre-Amnesia where she became the main heroine for almost every arc. Maybe that's the reason, I think.

Teeba
July 14, 2012, 09:16 AM
And i was thinking this was the only truth. An Android Demon was for me the only truth. Maybe something like that.

Hilda is Demonic Android Maid, Hilda is beautiful, Hilda is wild and Hilda is an android. So maybe i find the truth.

:lmao That clip is just...mesmerizing. O_O But how would you explain Hilda and Yolda's relationship? Oh no, now I'm thinking Hilda is v.1 and Yolda is v.2....:facepalm

This makes so much sense. I mean, it makes A LOT of sense. I mean, Tomapochi turned out to be an artifical demon, so maybe Hilda and Yolda are ones too.

I'm feeling the same but not just on this recent chapter. IMO, Hilda has more "serious" tone post-Amnesia arc. She is more focused toward her goal to gain retainer as much as possible and rarely talks about anything besides that. Lately, her roles are kinda marginalized (ok, bad choice of word) by Tamura compared to pre-Amnesia where she became the main heroine for almost every arc. Maybe that's the reason, I think.

To be honest, I think its partly because Tamura wants to keep the status quo with certain things, and one of them is Oga and Hilda being on completely different sides of parenting Beel. As much as Hilda wants to follow whatever Beel wishes, there's still a large part of her that feels loyal to the Demon Lord. Heck, you could even say her more serious demeanor is also because she has her own interests in the painting, and maybe even Kugeyama himself (as a potential retainer).

But, I don't think its a regresison of her character. Real change comes slowly, after all. IDK, do you think she has some special relation to the painting that's making her be more focused than usual?

Black Hawk
July 14, 2012, 09:50 AM
:lmao That clip is just...mesmerizing. O_O But how would you explain Hilda and Yolda's relationship? Oh no, now I'm thinking Hilda is v.1 and Yolda is v.2....:facepalm

This makes so much sense. I mean, it makes A LOT of sense. I mean, Tomapochi turned out to be an artifical demon, so maybe Hilda and Yolda are ones too.

You got it, that is Demon Kingz Demon Maid& Guardian Army also too see in that clip. They always coming more and more. I start do order this movie, good there are so much ways here to get this kind of movies.

Doraku
July 14, 2012, 08:58 PM
To be honest, I think its partly because Tamura wants to keep the status quo with certain things, and one of them is Oga and Hilda being on completely different sides of parenting Beel. As much as Hilda wants to follow whatever Beel wishes, there's still a large part of her that feels loyal to the Demon Lord. Heck, you could even say her more serious demeanor is also because she has her own interests in the painting, and maybe even Kugeyama himself (as a potential retainer).

But, I don't think its a regresison of her character. Real change comes slowly, after all. IDK, do you think she has some special relation to the painting that's making her be more focused than usual?

Honestly, I'd say that the reason behind her focused attitude is simply because she's loyal to the Demon Lord. Since the order to seizure the painting was directly requested by the Demon Lord, I don't see the reason why she won't get focused when conducting her duty. She is his servant too, after all.

Real change of Hilda? I've been waiting for that since a long time ago lol and that's my only wish for her character development, to be honest. And I agree with what you said, perhaps Tamura wants to prolong this platonic-relationship-in-raising-a-baby until the end. So until then, I doubt real change would happen to Hilda soon.

My bad, I think the word "marginalized" is too extreme to describe my feeling of Hilda's role recently. I don't know how to convey it correctly, but I just get this feeling where Hilda's role is more into the background compared to pre-Amnesia where she got more action scenes. I'm hoping that her character and focus are becoming less and less rigid as the story goes. (by "rigid" I'm trying to say that, same word appears in her dialogue for every arc (*cough* "retainers" *cough*)

Black Hawk
July 15, 2012, 08:13 AM
Real change of Hilda? I've been waiting for that since a long time ago lol and that's my only wish for her character development, to be honest. And I agree with what you said, perhaps Tamura wants to prolong this platonic-relationship-in-raising-a-baby until the end. So until then, I doubt real change would happen to Hilda soon.

My bad, I think the word "marginalized" is too extreme to describe my feeling of Hilda's role recently. I don't know how to convey it correctly, but I just get this feeling where Hilda's role is more into the background compared to pre-Amnesia where she got more action scenes. I'm hoping that her character and focus are becoming less and less rigid as the story goes. (by "rigid" I'm trying to say that, same word appears in her dialogue for every arc (*cough* "retainers" *cough*)

But how should Hilda should switch??? I mean for Hilda, Master are anything. But Human relationship sometimes really strange. So i didn´t see there a possible change so soon. I think this change will coming in the end of Beelzebub, when it comes to destroy the humanity. Hilda always acting like a mother, proctect Master from any anger and problem and treat him like her own.

And i didn´t the Hilda so far in the Background. Hilda got more to say, then Aoi, Kanzaki, Toujou or someone else. The Fact that she is one of the 4-5 Main Characters. So she got more to say then anybody else. Like "move your ass" "Why you so damn poor, make some Money" "why you so dump" "This place is trash" and going on. Hilda has always her Time when it comes to Beel.

Doraku
July 15, 2012, 08:42 AM
But how should Hilda should switch??? I mean for Hilda, Master are anything. But Human relationship sometimes really strange. So i didn´t see there a possible change so soon. I think this change will coming in the end of Beelzebub, when it comes to destroy the humanity. Hilda always acting like a mother, proctect Master from any anger and problem and treat him like her own.

And i didn´t the Hilda so far in the Background. Hilda got more to say, then Aoi, Kanzaki, Toujou or someone else. The Fact that she is one of the 4-5 Main Characters. So she got more to say then anybody else. Like "move your ass" "Why you so damn poor, make some Money" "why you so dump" "This place is trash" and going on. Hilda has always her Time when it comes to Beel.

I didn't mean "change" drastically and in an instant. We got that kind of "change" during Amnesia arc, and it's more like usual gag stuff rather than actual character development. Another thing, I don't have any objection when Hilda is being loyal towards her master and her master's baby and I accept the fact that it's the core part of her character, thus, I wish it doesn't change until the end of the manga.

I think it's unfair to compare Hilda to Aoi, since both of them have different roles in the story, but to make my words easier, I want Hilda's personality changes gradually like Aoi does. ( It doesn't necessarily for Hilda to be lovey-dovey since it's so unnatural for her character).

Yes, previously we got Oga (& Beel), Furuichi, and Hilda appears in almost every arc, but I don't know, I just have this feeling that her roles recently are limited & kinda repetitive into making acerbic remarks just like what you have said. I just want her to get the spotlight like she used to have before Amnesia (i.e. when she and Yolda were captivated). I hope this San Marx arc won't disappoint me.

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
July 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
Mhhh... I believe that having Aoi involved will be necessary for any real change in Hilda. Dunno why but... I feel that way.

PierceCheng
February 02, 2013, 02:01 PM
I know you are the heroine on this work, so you have the same scene of the hero Oga Tatsumi and his partner Baby Beel. Because it is unchangeable rule of every animate.

However you have a treatment is a female supporting role and less than Kunieda Aoi and Furuichi Takayuki, also you have a few scene in every opening and some episode (e.g. 49) and even go to school. You know? You must not imitate Tojo Hidetora! Because you must learning everyday to improve your personal appreciation if you want to become the best Demon Maidservant.

To match up this article, now I enclosure the music video "A few (少數)" by Hong Kong male singing group "C Allstar" to let you admire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvoxF6VERQ

Teeba
February 03, 2013, 04:00 PM
Hi PierceCheng. Welcome to the Beelzebub forum! I moved your post here because I thought it would be more relevant. The thought didn't occur to me since you are talking about anime!Hilda, but I think its also really relevant to the manga too.

When Doraku mentioned it in this thread, I didn't think too much of it. But now that we're getting into this new arc and Hilda isn't present, it makes me realize how marginalized she really is. Even when she gets lots of screentime (like the Christmas Arc), you can't help but think she's only half there.

Er, I'm trying not to sound too serious about it, but I think Hilda needs to diversify more outside her role as Beel's mother. Its becoming a standard tagline for Oga, whenever Hilda is conflicted he just tells her she's Beel's mother and she feels better. But shouldn't just be Beel's mother (and by extension, Oga's wife), she can be many other things as well. And her loyalty to Beel is as strong as ever, since when she switched back from Moelda in the Christmas Arc Oga didn't have to do much to convince her to stay in the tournament (even though it was a total dick move on Oga's part). But if her loyalty and dedication to Beel is that strong then what else does she do with her time? What does she think about Earth?

This isn't a critique, but I think Hilda is due for some character development, something not so directly related to Beel. Even her relationship with Furuichi seems marginalized as of late (to the point where she didn't even interact with him during the Tissues Arc 'til the end; he didn't even bother to comment on Moelda's second appearance). I think if Yolda re-entered the scene and they re-kindled their relationship that would be an interesting start.

Jammin
February 12, 2013, 05:55 PM
I agree. There is a lot of untapped potential for her, I think.:nod

I feel like there is a whole backstory to her we just haven't got around to learning yet. Like, the recent revelation that she's actually 16. Hard to believe we didn't even know that. I'm sure it's going to be great and that we will get around to it but I must admit to being a little surprised it's taken this long.

Teeba
July 12, 2013, 01:55 PM
Rather than moan how long Hilda's been absent from the manga, lets talk about when she'll come back and what plot development she'll bring with her. The longer Hilda Stays On the Bus, the more I'm convinced she's going to bring back some epic piece of information. Maybe she'll reveal who Fuji is contracted to, or maybe she'll receive some kind of power up that'll be useful in the next upcoming arcs. What do you guys think?