PDA

View Full Version : Character Toujou Hidetora

M3J
October 31, 2011, 01:14 AM
One of Oga's greatest rival, this man is Toujou Hidetora, one of the best fighters along with Oga. Not only was he one of the few characters to beat up Oga, but he was the first human to take Oga push Oga past his limits! Toujou is a true battle junkie like Oga that they were both willing to fight each other just to fight despite being allies! Toujou's love of fighting is so great he was willing to let Oga, Hisaya (person who beat Oga), and Izuma (someone even the Horsemen feared and respected) fight him at once.

Toujou is truly a dangerous man.

Black Hawk
November 11, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hiderota Tojo (18)

*Height: 6feet 2 inches

*Born at 6th August

*Strongest of the Tohoshinki

* Toujou raise under poor condiotion, of that case he start working as a young child.

*Still he spend more Time at Work, as in school. Where he is absent most times.

*He loves fighting more then anything else in World.

Free translation of Toujou information from Vol.5 the rest is to find in hangout, some charachter or old Beel thread.

Teeba
November 12, 2011, 08:41 AM
Toujou's finally back!

Though I'm really curious to know whether he's going to help Oga or be against him. I can't help but think he is going to be annoyed Oga is "endangering" his job.

But on the other hand...do you think he's on par with human!Oga's strength? He could almost beat Graffel, so has he surpassed that, do you think?

Black Hawk
November 12, 2011, 08:48 AM
Toujou's finally back!

Though I'm really curious to know whether he's going to help Oga or be against him. I can't help but think he is going to be annoyed Oga is "endangering" his job.

But on the other hand...do you think he's on par with human!Oga's strength? He could almost beat Graffel, so has he surpassed that, do you think?

I think for the Moment Toujou must be the strongest human in world, without Demon Power. It´s a while ago, that Zen make a special training with Toujou. But Toujou got never the same power es BeelandOga with Blacktech or supermilk.

ghostexiled
November 18, 2011, 01:32 AM
One of the best characters ever to be created!

He should be in every battle manga!! :p

Teeba
November 23, 2011, 02:33 AM
@BlackHawk-- I totally agree. He is probably is the strongest human in the cast (as of chapter 133). The only other non-contracted person who might be stronger is Furuichi Granpa Kunieda.

What I find interesting about Toujou is that he subverts what a "rival" character should be. Most of the time the hero's rival is a guy who's a bigger jerk than he is, or at least more ruthless. But in this case, even Hilda detected Toujou is actually a pretty decent guy...not at all as sadistic as Oga.

That and boy is he hella strong. o_O

Doraku
April 05, 2012, 06:12 AM
*bump*

Just a quick question, when Zen said that Toujou was training to fight the demons, do you think that he already uses all of his real power during Akumano arc? because I noticed during Okinawa arc that he moves in an instant when fighting with Chinko school, l wonder if it is that his new power.

Also, I would say Oga is equal with Toujou in terms of strength, even without Beel's demonic power.

XEL
April 05, 2012, 09:29 AM
Also, I would say Oga is equal with Toujou in terms of strength, even without Beel's demonic power.

Fighting prowess, maybe. I think it was established that Toujou was a freakshow of a physical specimen sometime early on in the manga.

Zatono
April 06, 2012, 08:38 PM
Currently, Toujou should be leagues ahead of base Oga. He's OHKOing demons without demonic power, something Oga can't do.

I agree that there should be a Toujou in every battle manga though :hip

Demon Roronoa Zoro
April 07, 2012, 09:58 AM
*bump*

Just a quick question, when Zen said that Toujou was training to fight the demons, do you think that he already uses all of his real power during Akumano arc? because I noticed during Okinawa arc that he moves in an instant when fighting with Chinko school, l wonder if it is that his new power.

Really Toujou without demonic power was taking out demons with one hit something Oga hasn't done without beel power..

Doraku
April 07, 2012, 10:54 PM
Really Toujou without demonic power was taking out demons with one hit something Oga hasn't done without beel power..

Well, if you use that indicator of course. What if I say Oga is stronger than Toujou because he beats him during Tohoshinki arc?. I think "equal" is a win-win solution here.

XEL
April 09, 2012, 03:54 PM
Well, if you use that indicator of course. What if I say Oga is stronger than Toujou because he beats him during Tohoshinki arc?. I think "equal" is a win-win solution here.

But Toujou taking out the demons at base power was after the fact of the Tohoshinki arc. and Keep in mind that Oga had to resort to a suplex in order to defeat Toujou. That speaks volumes of how powerful he is physically, even before the demon training.

IMO, at their base levels, Toujou should be able to deal with Oga as "easy" as he did during the Tohoshinki arc. If Oga wins a fight, it'd be because he had to resort to some method than exchanging blows.

Doraku
April 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
But Toujou taking out the demons at base power was after the fact of the Tohoshinki arc. and Keep in mind that Oga had to resort to a suplex in order to defeat Toujou. That speaks volumes of how powerful he is physically, even before the demon training.

IMO, at their base levels, Toujou should be able to deal with Oga as "easy" as he did during the Tohoshinki arc. If Oga wins a fight, it'd be because he had to resort to some method than exchanging blows.

Ok, I got your point.

I like how Toujou is maturing/developing as a character. Maybe it's not an obvious thing, but Toujou admitting that Oga is the chief or even stronger than him makes him go to the "next level" as a supporting character. Maybe besides Kunieda, In touhoushinki I feel that Toujou understand Oga the most. They developing a sense of rivalry as well as respect.

Teeba
August 07, 2012, 02:12 AM
Happy Belated Birthday, Toujou! :wtf