PDA

View Full Version : Future of the Fairy Tail Guild

ghostexiled
November 03, 2011, 04:02 PM
Since the thread for "Who will be the Next Fairy Tail Master?" (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/66639-Next-Fairy-Tail-Master) has been pretty much answered, I decided to create a more broader thread to discuss members thoughts on the future of the Guild.

This can include how long you think Makao will serve as master, will the guild be rebuilt to its former glory, how you think FT ranks among the guilds of the future and so on and so on.

Make sure (as always) to stay on topic, do not flame/bash the series/characters/author.

This thread is to discuss how FT will fare in the new timeline.

Enjoy! :D

Samui
November 05, 2011, 09:30 AM
Does it matter how they rank among the other guilds? Even if they're stronger, FT will still win against them.

RaveDragon
November 06, 2011, 05:56 AM
I think the timeskip was left to introduce other villians stronger than FT and maybe other new characters for FT.
So I bet there would be an arc to reconstruct Fairy Tail to it's former glory or at least buy back the old guild if it's still there.
The master Makarov seemed to like the break from being the official master but it seems he will still be acting as a supervisor for macao i think this is just a phase to get a new younger master, somehow I don't see macao being a master throughout the manga :sweatdrop
I think right now though they all got to go to missions and pitch in helping out the guild and getting back some mages.

Newkerzy
November 07, 2011, 07:19 AM
Quite frankly, I would've liked it if Macao was also shown Lumen Etoile in the new chapter. That way, Macao and Gildartz would be co-Masters of FT. It also wouldn't waste Macao's development too. Macao isn't a really bad leader, he has good leadership skills that's as good as Makarov's but of course, in terms of strength Macao is weaker than both. I think Macao would've better served as the "brains" of the duo. Gildartz would be the "heart." It would make an interesting dynamic. And moreover, it'd make FT as a guild even more unique as it would be the only guild to have 2 people as "one" Master.

RaveDragon
November 07, 2011, 11:08 AM
Quite frankly, I would've liked it if Macao was also shown Lumen Etoile in the new chapter. That way, Macao and Gildartz would be co-Masters of FT. It also wouldn't waste Macao's development too. Macao isn't a really bad leader, he has good leadership skills that's as good as Makarov's but of course, in terms of strength Macao is weaker than both. I think Macao would've better served as the "brains" of the duo. Gildartz would be the "heart." It would make an interesting dynamic. And moreover, it'd make FT as a guild even more unique as it would be the only guild to have 2 people as "one" Master.

I agree, i didnt think he had bad leadership skills kudos to him after all he took care of Fairy tail well after a big shock considering the loss of all the strongest mages pretty much other guild would've just disbanded but i don't think he has that 'umph' to get it back fully on tracks. I'm sure he'll help out Gildartz in the long run with Master makarov though, i doubt Gil can take care of the financial stuff. It's good to know they'll take back the old guild, i like the place.

Quantized
November 07, 2011, 07:37 PM
I agree that Macao had decent leadership skills in order to make sure the guild would not perish, but anything but "maintaining" what they had left he didn't do so well. Arguably you could say he'd done much better if they had the "power" to stand up to their surroundings. However, while Macao did a great job making the guild survive, I don't think he has what it takes to lead a strategic Guild, even if he had the magic power to back it up.
What Macao did, was keeping the "family" together, like any father would have done through hard times. A father is not a Guild leader, but a family leader, there is a huge difference.
While Marakov might have been both a family leader and a true Guild leader, it takes a true Guild leader to hold a powerful Guild together.

Not saying Macao doesn't deserve respect for what he did, just that I don't see "true" leadership in him.

Gildartz taking over is reasonable, but I wonder what Marakov is planning for himself now.
It's pretty sure that it's anything but retirement in times like these, he's too concerned about things happening around him, imho.

It seems Gildartz now will be the one to stay home at all times protecting the Guild, while Marakov, Natsu and the others are on the field. But will Marakov come along the young ones..? or does he have something planned for himself...?

I really like the idea that Marakov wants to go to the field in order to help the young fairies grow stronger, and also to improve the world crisis. Remember the councillor sage's reaction to Fairy Tails return...? I'm sure Marakov is more powerful when in "shape" than he has shown us thus far. Marakov returning to the field might make him grow even stronger than ever before.

Possibly Marakov could go on a solo quest, like Gildartz did, but I find it questionable in times like these. What is Marakov really up to...? Retirement seems out of the picture to me.

Newkerzy
November 08, 2011, 12:37 AM
Exactly. If anything happened to Gildartz or if Gildartz is forced to take on one of those 100 year quests or something like that again, he can rest easy knowing that Macao will no doubt keep the family together even without a Guild leader.

And yes, Gildartz taking over is the most reasonable outcome, but a part of me is still nagging at Macao's "wasted" development.

Bigfoot187
November 11, 2011, 07:09 AM
I agree that Macao had decent leadership skills in order to make sure the guild would not perish, but anything but "maintaining" what they had left he didn't do so well. Arguably you could say he'd done much better if they had the "power" to stand up to their surroundings. However, while Macao did a great job making the guild survive, I don't think he has what it takes to lead a strategic Guild, even if he had the magic power to back it up.
What Macao did, was keeping the "family" together, like any father would have done through hard times. A father is not a Guild leader, but a family leader, there is a huge difference.
While Marakov might have been both a family leader and a true Guild leader, it takes a true Guild leader to hold a powerful Guild together.

Not saying Macao doesn't deserve respect for what he did, just that I don't see "true" leadership in him.

Gildartz taking over is reasonable, but I wonder what Marakov is planning for himself now.
It's pretty sure that it's anything but retirement in times like these, he's too concerned about things happening around him, imho.

It seems Gildartz now will be the one to stay home at all times protecting the Guild, while Marakov, Natsu and the others are on the field. But will Marakov come along the young ones..? or does he have something planned for himself...?

I really like the idea that Marakov wants to go to the field in order to help the young fairies grow stronger, and also to improve the world crisis. Remember the councillor sage's reaction to Fairy Tails return...? I'm sure Marakov is more powerful when in "shape" than he has shown us thus far. Marakov returning to the field might make him grow even stronger than ever before.

Possibly Marakov could go on a solo quest, like Gildartz did, but I find it questionable in times like these. What is Marakov really up to...? Retirement seems out of the picture to me.

I think Makarov will be more like a traveling member who will go into the world to get info on things like his son, zeref, and the things that have changed.
Maybe even become member of the council to protect fairy tail from them\
caus he is still 1 of the 10 wizard saints, or maybe that title has been given to someone else since he was gone.
And he's still as strong as when he fought Hades and Hades was of the hook strong.
So Makarov should still be one of the strongest in the world.

And ofcourse Gildarts will learn fairy law, its one of the great fairy tail powers.

The thing I was wondering was that there we're three great fairy magics, fairy law, fairy glitter, but even Makarov didn't know about fairy sphere so there might actually be 4, so what is the last one?

RaveDragon
November 11, 2011, 03:36 PM
It seems that Makarov will remain the master after all does this mean laxus might still have a chance to take after him then in a few arcs?

Bigfoot187
November 11, 2011, 07:32 PM
It seems that Makarov will remain the master after all does this mean laxus might still have a chance to take after him then in a few arcs?

well that probably will take a while caus there are a looooot of things still waitin to happen so don't see that happenin soon I guessm but he will probably in the future

kkck
November 17, 2011, 05:33 PM
Seeing the recent gildarts development I think there are only two options for the actual successor of the guild master title. The first and more obvious choice would be laxus IMO. He wanted the title and is strong enough to be comparable to gildarts and most certainly will surpass makarvo and gildarts given his young age. The only issue is that he is too young at the moment (which won't be a problem 5 years from now). The only issue is his expression when he was accepted back into the guild which IMO foreshadows he got into some pretty shady business, perhaps with raven tail The second option would be erza. A few years from now she will be quite strong and IMO she shares similar personality traits to makarov. There is a semblance of common sense but will ultimately resort to beating the crap out of people who annoy them with both of them. Still, the most likely choice is laxus now that gildarts actually declined.

Krono
November 18, 2011, 01:03 AM
Seeing the recent gildarts development I think there are only two options for the actual successor of the guild master title. The first and more obvious choice would be laxus IMO. He wanted the title and is strong enough to be comparable to gildarts and most certainly will surpass makarvo and gildarts given his young age. The only issue is that he is too young at the moment (which won't be a problem 5 years from now). The only issue is his expression when he was accepted back into the guild which IMO foreshadows he got into some pretty shady business, perhaps with raven tail The second option would be erza. A few years from now she will be quite strong and IMO she shares similar personality traits to makarov. There is a semblance of common sense but will ultimately resort to beating the crap out of people who annoy them with both of them. Still, the most likely choice is laxus now that gildarts actually declined.

I rather doubt that his expression upon being let back into the guild is an indication that he's become involved in shady business. Rather it's an indication that he is doubtful that he deserves to be let back in yet. For him, and half of what's left of the guild, it's been all of a few months since he took people including ones he'd known since they were kids as hostages and threatened to murder them if Makarov didn't hand over leadership of the guild. Then threatened to lay waste to the town, then attempt and failed to do so himself when the trap he'd set up was destroyed. Awkward is the politest way of putting it. Helping to save the guild once barely begins to rebuild the trust he broke.

Even largely forgiven things can't go back to the way they were. He can't simply act the same as he did before, he has to interact with people differently from the arrogant lording jerk he was before. Such a process of feeling out the new roles is uncomfortable. So it's more an indication of mixed feeling than of "oh crap, I'm caught up in shady dealings a member of a legal guild shouldn't be."

Beyond that Mirajane would be a candidate as well considering she has her powers back now. Being weaker than Erza is balanced by her already effectively being assistant guildmaster, meaning she's already familiar with the administrative work and duties.

Bigfoot187
November 23, 2011, 05:31 AM
I rather doubt that his expression upon being let back into the guild is an indication that he's become involved in shady business. Rather it's an indication that he is doubtful that he deserves to be let back in yet. For him, and half of what's left of the guild, it's been all of a few months since he took people including ones he'd known since they were kids as hostages and threatened to murder them if Makarov didn't hand over leadership of the guild. Then threatened to lay waste to the town, then attempt and failed to do so himself when the trap he'd set up was destroyed. Awkward is the politest way of putting it. Helping to save the guild once barely begins to rebuild the trust he broke.

Even largely forgiven things can't go back to the way they were. He can't simply act the same as he did before, he has to interact with people differently from the arrogant lording jerk he was before. Such a process of feeling out the new roles is uncomfortable. So it's more an indication of mixed feeling than of "oh crap, I'm caught up in shady dealings a member of a legal guild shouldn't be."

Beyond that Mirajane would be a candidate as well considering she has her powers back now. Being weaker than Erza is balanced by her already effectively being assistant guildmaster, meaning she's already familiar with the administrative work and duties.

I for one would like to see mirajane fight against erza (mudwrestling or sumpthing :P)
but serious I don't know who is stronnger, caus during the S class she was tricked bij elfman and evergreen thats why she lost
so losing alot of power, erza just kicked lisanna and juvia's ass without gettin hurt so I wonder if they were both at full power who would win.

Newkerzy
November 23, 2011, 10:52 AM
Am I the only one who thought that if Makarov had chosen both Macao and Gildartz as Co-Masters, Gildartz would have been less reluctant to turn it down?? I mean, Gildartz would still be officially the master, but he would just leave all the business etc. to Macao. And if something really, really bad happens they can just call him back with that card he gave to Cana.