PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho

ssjohn
January 08, 2007, 03:44 PM
Hey guys i didnt see a topic for this manga and i just got uptodate *like just moment ago* so i thought i should make a topic about this manga.

Link to read - http://conan.wagnergrp.com/

all of it is also online @ http://s11.invisionfree.com/The_Evil_Empire/index.php?act=idx

Latest chapter : 603 *yes over 600 cases >.<*

The latest case : Mission

Spin-off : Magic Kaito , also Tell me a lie a new one shot! *look @ sig for link*

Anyways let the discussion begin :

*please keep all spoilers in spoiler tag*

I havent read this chapter yet so i can't talk about it -_- but i do know i am happy to see this plot moving fast now :)

ssjohn
April 03, 2007, 08:07 AM
*BUMP* sorry it was a dead topic but i saw a few ppl talking about it in my TMAL topic so i bumped this on hoping more ppl will talk this time........ ok anyone will talk this time ._.

barbapapa
April 03, 2007, 08:38 AM
I have yet to read more than one volume of Conan, sorry :P
It's being published in my native language soon, so by the length of it... I probably won't be able to talk here untill.... 2017? xD

bakashijinsan
April 07, 2007, 06:56 PM
I really love Conan but I think it has been going on for too long. I stopped reading it at around Volume 54~ish. Haven't read the recent chapters yet. I soooo want this series to be finished. While it is fun to solve cases and all, the fact that some of the cases are becoming repetitive bores me sometimes.

Vato Loco!
April 07, 2007, 07:51 PM
Lol. I love this manga! It's so awesome, and while it has been going on for some time, it's been an awesome ride. I just recently (as in today) started re-reading it to try and remember where I was when I left off before A-E stopped updating, since I found out about that site.

erikrhys
April 10, 2007, 05:55 PM
i personally prefer the anime more than the manga......sorry guys...... it IS a good read though, funny as hell at times and good plot also 8/10 id give it ^-^

worm34
April 21, 2007, 04:27 PM
I was just wondering, does anyone here know where I find the anime of Detective Conan subbed?

bakashijinsan
April 22, 2007, 12:36 PM
you can find them at torrents (I'd post them but I'm at work now and my bookmarks are back at home) but for episodes 200 and up, I don't think you can find those. I dunno. Maybe I wasn't just looking enough.
If anyone knows where to download episodes 200+ ~400ish pleease please please post them (either DDL, Torrent or IRC)

ttxdragon
April 27, 2007, 05:57 AM
Chapter 605 is out in english and raw for 606 <3

Yay, a new chapter, but we're back to "non-centered" backgroundstory....
Anyway, I really think eisuke won't take part in that protection program either...
not after all the effort he put into it...
Would be fun to see him bring a bit more comedy and seiousness into it at the same time <3

Somehow i get the feeling that Rena will have a big problem ahead... I mean Gin... He is suspicious on everything and her behavior just didn't fit... meh, another case of unusable spies... maybe even death.
Although it seems Vermouth could in the end be a good help for her to survive... somehow she really seems to want the organization to falter. I wonder what her motives are.

However, the new case looks interesting, although kinda "normal" for conan standards... the most interesting thing is camel being there as a suspect... and likely on a fbi-job too.
maybe we will get some more info about the fbi's activities in this case.

ssjohn
May 07, 2007, 05:59 PM
@ c605 --- i was bored and had some time today *work on a project that could turn into a good job or work on conan cover >_> <_< conan cover won :P*

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/585613_File605001.PNG.html c605 cover HQ

I was kindof shocked to see Camel also but i am glad that Camel is involved and it isnt a complete filler chapter :P

I just hope that before the end of the year we will have alot of qustions answered and maybe build up to a good ending

EDIT:

606 is out now i havent read it yet but here is the cover HQ
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/586026_6060011.PNG.html

I mite do the 1st page after the cover but i dunno >.>

ttxdragon
May 24, 2007, 09:29 PM
chapter 609 is out, scanlated :)

Damn it,
This manga definitely goes into full-throttle lately...
Akai is dead ;__________;

not much more happening this week, just a 'skillful' way of identifying the corpse ;_____;

bakashijinsan
May 27, 2007, 12:04 PM
:omg I must've missed more than 30 chapters already. I need to get back to Conan right away.

Any developments on the Organization?

ttxdragon
May 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
much, much more than you'd believe o.o

soooo much development in those chapters <3

weixiaobao
September 12, 2007, 09:12 PM
just finished chapter 621... the case between chapter 613 and 618 was pretty cool... the killer was unexpected for me...

anyway i kinda hope this going to end soon... but the recent stuff about the organization bored me .. and those short cases (like 3 chapters) also bored me... hopefully there would be some more longer cases...

ttxdragon
September 13, 2007, 04:34 AM
i dunno, while the case seems to have been pretty 'standard' and easy for conan, it was the last part of chapter 621 that was important.

If even Eisuke can guess and find out conans true identity, then who is to say that it ain't already widely guessed/known along the black organization and not only to vermouth...
And I found it kinda nice to see him 'giving himself away' to another person like here :)

the plot is moving, covered in other mini-plots, but it's moving far faster than it did most of the first 30 volumes ^^

weixiaobao
September 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
yeah that's important and all.. but i think there is one more person SHOULD know the identity of conan.. (Detective Morris) I thinking he playing dumb.. if the series going to end soon, then he would found out early...

otaku1412
September 28, 2007, 01:11 AM
I love Detective Conan.

Luckas
September 28, 2007, 04:34 AM
I love Detective Conan.
Did you read File 621?

kamata
October 02, 2007, 09:17 AM
Luckas qui ci sono i cap 621 622 623 in eng fatti dai conan-magic
http://www.conan-magic.com/

http://www.conan-magic.com/Vol_60/File621_eng.zip
http://www.conan-magic.com/Vol_60/File622_eng.zip
http://www.conan-magic.com/Vol_60/File623_eng.zip

ciaooooooooooo

Luckas
October 02, 2007, 06:01 PM
Luckas qui ci sono i cap 621 622 623 in eng fatti dai conan-magic
http://www.conan-magic.com/

http://www.conan-magic.com/Vol_60/File621_eng.zip
http://www.conan-magic.com/Vol_60/File622_eng.zip
http://www.conan-magic.com/Vol_60/File623_eng.zip

ciaoooooooooooThanks, I already have them.
I would only to know if others think the same as me about the conversation Eisuke had with Conan in "File 621". Don't you think it was too easy how Eisuke understood that Conan is Shinichi?

weixiaobao
October 02, 2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks, I already have them.
I would only to know if others think the same as me about the conversation Eisuke had with Conan in "File 621". Don't you think it was too easy how Eisuke understood that Conan is Shinichi?

kind of.. unless he knew some of the secrets about the pill or what the organization capable of..

and beside he been in quite a few cases which we could observed the pattern of how conan involvement in each cases..

trikelandie
October 07, 2007, 05:40 AM
Who is your favourite person in Detective Conan?

I like Ai Haibara (dunno if that is her name???) :P

Luckas
October 07, 2007, 12:48 PM
I also like very much the character of Ai Haibara.

purplerose_04
November 27, 2007, 12:06 PM
i love detective conan however it seems the story is progressing really slowly, I wonder when it will ended.. one more thing i'm sorry but it seems like Shinich stay at 17 for a long time.. I dunno why but with all the cases and traveling i thought he might have turn 19 already.. I hard to believe that every day there is a murder case, I know it is manga but still ya know...

anywayz my fave character is also Ai well for girls, and for guy I like heji.. i would like shinichi but sometime he annoyed me :D

ttxdragon
April 07, 2008, 03:08 PM
this thread is really dead, isn't it? >.<

anyway, just looked at conan.avionicknight.com and had my mind blown away by the spoilers!!

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5127/spoilers646pr9.jpg

Translations:
pic left top:
gu--
this feeling...
impossible!!

Hey... Agasa...

pic middle top:
It's a miracal drug that can return him to his high school form from the child's body induced by ATPX4989!

pic right top:
Shi... Shinichi!?

pic bottom:
Shinichi... Is that my name?

credits:
pics found at: http://conan.avionicknight.com/
and middle top pic miraculously read by njt and translated by sai_the_shaman. thanks guys :3

WOAH!

Shinichi losing his memory and being all real-age again?! WOW! if this is true (and i doubt those are fake pics), this one has got to be one arc of pure greatness :3

I wonder... is the side effect of memory why Ai was so upset? Or is it her worry of the Organization finding him? It doesn't seem like she want's to let shinichi return to his adult form because of fear of losing him to the BO >.>;

*wants the chapter badly*

weixiaobao
April 07, 2008, 03:14 PM
this thread is really dead, isn't it? >.<

anyway, just looked at conan.avionicknight.com and had my mind blown away by the spoilers!!

About time this series start to row again..
thanks for the update.. :)

Luckas
April 07, 2008, 04:47 PM
WOAH!

Shinichi losing his memory and being all real-age again?! WOW! if this is true (and i doubt those are fake pics), this one has got to be one arc of pure greatness :3

I wonder... is the side effect of memory why Ai was so upset? Or is it her worry of the Organization finding him? It doesn't seem like she want's to let shinichi return to his adult form because of fear of losing him to the BO >.>;

*wants the chapter badly*Maybe Ai simply doesn't want to lose Shinichi to Ran?

ttxdragon
April 07, 2008, 05:07 PM
Well, that'd be another possible reason... though the memory-wipe could be possibly convenient for her, when she notices >.>; Heh, if ran doesn't tell shinichi about some past life that didn't exist xD (I could rather see AI do that, though)....

But an amnesia would mean that he doesn't know about the BO anymore and wouldn't be careful, so Ai would have to act anyway and get him to hide while explaining situation and everything to him -- hopefully he remembers the professor or her >.<

This would really shuffle the cards again.

Though now that I think about it,
seeing how we don't know how far the pics are connected the shinichi with the 'amnesia' might as well be an imposter :O though I find that highly unlikely, it's still a possibility as we've seen the perfect make up heiji had on the horror-ship case...
Maybe, just maybe, Conan was taken out by that drug and something different happened to him while an imposter is placed into that house...
But I think I'd be really imagining too much into that >.>;

Luckas
April 07, 2008, 05:25 PM
What do you think about the possibility "Bourbon" is the man Shinichi invited to stay at his home? I was almost sure it was that Fbi cop, Akio(sp), who I think none really believed was killed to preserve that woman identity.

ttxdragon
April 07, 2008, 05:34 PM
I rather like the idea of Bourbon being the one staying in Shinichi's house... I would like it to be the predictable constant in the upcoming unpredictability. Since, well, I'd hate to have this one only be another 'ally/unrelated neutral person coming close to conan and his identity' case, like it was with eisuke. It'd really be a big disappointment if that's the case again. Everytime (besides the 'child kidnapping' run in with vermouth) it seems like if conan/shinichi is really outsmarted and in danger of being detected it's either ran or someone who is an ally of shinichi... There aren't too many cases where it's a draw and those are usually kaito kid >.>;

As for Akio... I hope he's dead.
While he was an interesting character, I'd hate to have him suffer from the 'good guys never die' syndrome too.
While the manga is for kids, it clearly does state that at the same time it's also got a good grasp at reality (despite the unreal shrinking stuff and the profs 'inventions' >.>; ).
So... I don't want to believe that he's not dead. >.<

Luckas
April 07, 2008, 05:42 PM
I get your point, we'll see what happen in the next chapters.

Yabe
July 04, 2008, 04:52 AM
I rather like the idea of Bourbon being the one staying in Shinichi's house... I would like it to be the predictable constant in the upcoming unpredictability. Since, well, I'd hate to have this one only be another 'ally/unrelated neutral person coming close to conan and his identity' case, like it was with eisuke. It'd really be a big disappointment if that's the case again. Everytime (besides the 'child kidnapping' run in with vermouth) it seems like if conan/shinichi is really outsmarted and in danger of being detected it's either ran or someone who is an ally of shinichi... There aren't too many cases where it's a draw and those are usually kaito kid >.>;

As for Akio... I hope he's dead.
While he was an interesting character, I'd hate to have him suffer from the 'good guys never die' syndrome too.
While the manga is for kids, it clearly does state that at the same time it's also got a good grasp at reality (despite the unreal shrinking stuff and the profs 'inventions' >.>; ).
So... I don't want to believe that he's not dead. >.<

Sorry :redface, but I really believe that Shuuichi the FBI is still alive when I saw Conan's triumphant smile (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/621/16/), and I, too, suspect that the Okiya Subaru guy could be Shuuichi (though I don't know why must have a scene which he drank Bourbon, but it might be the same reason as how Vermount was drinking Sherry). I saw every times Conan suspected that somebody might be a Black Organization's member, he was more panicked and disturbed than he was when he handed him his house's key, or when Haibara was very anxious in the Red, White and Yellow case.

I was thinking that in case Subaru was Bourbon, when he approached Conan by asking to stay with Dr. Akasa and the boy told him to live in his house, it could be that Conan had already arranged some plan to counter with the dangerous guy - but then why Conan has acted so carelessly and still seemed to be clueless about this new BO's member by repeating Rena's warning in his head over again after the meeting? Isn't he supposed to be more bothered by the fact that the very skilled Bourbon was living very close to Haibara?

But if Subaru is Shuuichi, two reasons for his staying at Kudo's place are more cleared to be to prevent that vacant place to be used/sneaked in by the true Bourbon and to keep an eye on Haibara's safety, and it answers the calm reaction of Conan too.

Sportgal1
November 07, 2008, 07:19 PM
I thought i'd see if anyone's still interested in this anymore? I really like the length of this manga, it's not too serious but follows a theme. I like the mini-story arcs with kaitou kid and the men-in-black. I hope that we see more about them soon, the arcs keep getting shorter and more pointless

Yabe
November 08, 2008, 07:20 AM
Still do! :D

New topic for discussion then:
Do you think James Black's really with the FBI side? It's looked like he hasn't contributed enough to his role as the FBI boss (Jodie & Shuuichi were always the FBI big stars), what Conan noted about his similar name to Professor Moriarty also got me as it's Aoyama's hinting to his real face. So I think it's possible he's actually a spy from the Black Organization (could he prolly even be the last boss?) but I still don't get his purpose either way though... so what's your thought?

Jath
November 08, 2008, 03:50 PM
One thing I actually have a question about is did Conan actually tell Jodie or any of the FBI his secret? I know they had been suspicious out the wazoo but I haven't seen an episode/read a chapter where he actually tells them.

Sportgal1
November 08, 2008, 06:55 PM
Still do! :D

New topic for discussion then:
Do you think James Black's really with the FBI side? It's looked like he hasn't contributed enough to his role as the FBI boss (Jodie & Shuuichi were always the FBI big stars), what Conan noted about his similar name to Professor Moriarty also got me as it's Aoyama's hinting to his real face. So I think it's possible he's actually a spy from the Black Organization (could he prolly even be the last boss?) but I still don't get his purpose either way though... so what's your thought?

I don't think that James Black is a spy for the black organization. If he is, he would probably have seen Conan enough to know that he's Shinichi. Akai seemed to before he 'died'. Even though Conan seems to think so, i doubt it. He hasn't been given that much character development. As a fangirl, i want a bit more of a dramatic end boss. (Unless he gets some development before he is revealed as bad.)

So who do you think is living in Shinichi's house now? It could be a black org guy. I think it's probably Akai disguised as a black org. It'd be funny if he had managed to infiltrate the organization twice lol. I dont' think that Conan would expect that, and Gin and the rest of the men in black would think he's dead. They had already blown one of his covers. That'd be really cool!

@ Jath

As far as i know, he hasn't revealed to anyone who he is besides the proffesor, Miyano (sherry) and his parents. I think that Akai knows though

Yabe
November 09, 2008, 10:03 AM
I don't think that James Black is a spy for the black organization. If he is, he would probably have seen Conan enough to know that he's Shinichi. Akai seemed to before he 'died'. Even though Conan seems to think so, i doubt it. He hasn't been given that much character development. As a fangirl, i want a bit more of a dramatic end boss. (Unless he gets some development before he is revealed as bad.)
Exactly that's what causes me doubt that James is a spy :)

However, besides Vermouth who's found out that Sherry's shrunk to a kid having eaten the capsule and so has Kudo, nobody in the BO's actually awared of the fact (remember that some chapters ago, Gin & co. saw Conan when they went to kill Mori, but neither he nor Vodka realised that the kid's Shinichi?) It could be that the other members in the BO except Vermouth (who's seemed to be fond of Run, Conan & his mom so that she's trying to do as much as she could to pretect Conan's secret now) haven't been acknowledged or even paid enough attention to Shinichi's case.

If James Black would be the BO member or even their last boss, I guess that he's now probably trying to find/ascertain the fact about Conan, or even more to the way to deal with him by himself. Like you pointed out about his small development despite Conan's doubt; I suspect perhaps Aoyama's planning something big with his role in the upcoming events.

So who do you think is living in Shinichi's house now? It could be a black org guy. I think it's probably Akai disguised as a black org. It'd be funny if he had managed to infiltrate the organization twice lol. I dont' think that Conan would expect that, and Gin and the rest of the men in black would think he's dead. They had already blown one of his covers. That'd be really cool!
I'm with you Akai's not dead; and he's actually doing unexpected things against the BO again :)
But my guess is Akai's now covered himself as Subaru (Conan also found out that Subaru's the "Red" guy - so perhaps that's a hint? "Red" = "Akai"?)

One thing I actually have a question about is did Conan actually tell Jodie or any of the FBI his secret? I know they had been suspicious out the wazoo but I haven't seen an episode/read a chapter where he actually tells them.

As far as i know, he hasn't revealed to anyone who he is besides the proffesor, Miyano (sherry) and his parents. I think that Akai knows though
Yes, Sportgal1 is right Conan has never actually told them (and Hattori's also the one knowing Conan's Shinichi). I also think that Jodie should know it since she's seen pictures of Shinichi before.

Jath
November 09, 2008, 11:38 AM
Quote:

I'm with you Akai's not dead; and he's actually doing unexpected things against the BO again
But my guess is Akai's now covered himself as Subaru (Conan also found out that Subaru's the "Red" guy - so perhaps that's a hint? "Red" = "Akai"?)

I will say, I don't think that Akai is dead either. But as much as obviously going under cover you have to change your personality to a T(what Vermount did with the doctor dood) I don't think he would have that out-going personality to be Subaru(This is the dood at around episode 514(anime episode) where the guy is fighting against Conan for the decrypting right?) IT just seems a little out there if you know what I mean.

Also, if it is Akai, we can probably assume that he knows about Conan now, or at least has a major suspicion because what better place to find out if it's true if not to stay Right next store to the professor's house, in Shinichi's own house. So I think we are getting pretty close to finding out anyways.

I can't wait till they get into the black organization more though. It's going to get very interesting very fast hopefully, considering they are pretty close.

Yabe
November 09, 2008, 12:34 PM
I will say, I don't think that Akai is dead either. But as much as obviously going under cover you have to change your personality to a T(what Vermount did with the doctor dood) I don't think he would have that out-going personality to be Subaru(This is the dood at around episode 514(anime episode) where the guy is fighting against Conan for the decrypting right?) IT just seems a little out there if you know what I mean.

Also, if it is Akai, we can probably assume that he knows about Conan now, or at least has a major suspicion because what better place to find out if it's true if not to stay Right next store to the professor's house, in Shinichi's own house. So I think we are getting pretty close to finding out anyways.
I haven't followed the Anime :darn but yes Subaru's the guy who's living in Kudo's house. However, I don't think that his characters are different very much from Akai's though (but if it is, I also see no problem on him changing in order to cover his true identity). He's got the deduction skills that's as good as Conan's (we've rarely seen many of them really; aside from Hattori, the golden-hair detective guy who I don't recognise his name, and Akai - though this new introduced member of the BO 'Bourbon' was said to be great at it too, but I have that doubt seeing Conan's calm reactions towards Subaru), Haibara's panic about him having the similar smell as the BO members which seems to add up to Akai's identity as he also disguised to be one of them once; and how Subaru showed his interest in Haibara in my opinion can make us assume that the guy's probably either someone from the BO or Akai ('cause considering Akai seemed to have suspecion that the girl's Shiho, the sister of his ex-girlfriend, from the first time he caught a glimsp of her.)

And I agree that if Subaru's Akai then he probably knows that Conan's Shinichi. Conan somehow seems to know something (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/621/16/) behind the news about Akai's dead, it could be that they expected that the return of Kir'd be suspected by Gin & co. so they had planned something out.

Sportgal1
November 10, 2008, 05:38 PM
i haven't actually watched the anime besides the first episode. Just couldn't get into it. I don't like the way the anglicize the names. how does shinichi = jimmy anyway?

I'm pretty sure that Akai's figured out that Conan is not what he seems, but i don't know if he knows expressly that conan is shinichi. From what i can tell, he wasn't still in the BO when he knew Shinichi, except that passing encounter in New York. When i think about that, it makes me laugh. Shinichi sure seems to have grown up since he turned into a kid. I don't think Conan knows where Akai is, he probably just suspects he's alive. they seem to think the same way. I can just imagine Subaru 'kidnapping' conan to get his advice/help or something.

@ Jath

I don't know how much further we can go into the org. We already know most of the major players. Any new ones seem to die and the trail goes cold. The only major one we know of but havent' met is the boss. I want to see more of Gin, since he was the original villain.

File 671 is also scanlated now onemanga. I suck at links so i won't even try to link it. Sorry :)

Jath
November 10, 2008, 10:25 PM
@ Sportgal1

I'm sorry, I didn't actually mean like, more and more things on the Org, I just meant hopefully we will start getting to the point where we see development on tracing them and where they are, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love this series to death, but I think they should really start trying to incorporate the Org a little bit more than they started to if you know what I mean.

Yabe
November 11, 2008, 07:17 AM
About the anglicized names in anime: was that the Eng Dub? It's the same name with the English publised manga version Case Closed which yeah I think Japanese names are far better... Conan's anime's good imo but it has to be Eng sub (the movies are totally awesome too esp movie 4, 6, 7, 10 & 12).

About the length of the series: considering the manga has come to 60+ volumes now, but I don't think we know the purpose of the Black Org. yet, and Conan, the FBI & the CIA just altogether had Rena as a spy so... :eyeroll

But Aoyama's revelation style has been like a bomb, I just hope his next bomb will be as exciting and interesting as all the previous ones regardless of time.

Sportgal1
November 11, 2008, 02:01 PM
Yes i really hope we get into another BO arc. The other arcs aren't bad but i need something new. Hopefully this one will be longer than the last. Of course, i wouldn't mind a kid arc right now. I miss him already.

I was talking about the english dubs. If i watch anime, i never watch the dubs because usually the voice acting isn't as good. I was reading about it on wikipedia one day when i had just started reading the series and i couldn't figure out who those people were.

i also found this pic at http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/599/04/

looks like she knows about conan/shinichi too. Anyone remember how she found out or is she guessing?

Jath
November 11, 2008, 08:53 PM
I do agree, the english dubs are horrible. I have watched up to episode 514 in subs, and so far it just got to the point where the spy's brother(Sorry, I forget the names) just found out that Conan was Kudo. I haven't really read the manga but I intead to at least find the chapter where 514 left off and continue from there hopefully.

And yes, I hope another BO arc comes soon, and longer than the other. I just got to find out where all the BO chapters are so I can read them in the manga so I can get the full detail considering anime doesn't always follow the manga.

@ Sportgal1

If you're talking about the lady in the bottom frame, that is Vermount. She found out when she thought(I am pretty sure this is when) Sherry was actually Sherry, but it instead turned out to be Conan having a plan to capture her, etc that backfired.

@ Yabe

I also got to agree though, the movies are pretty darn awesome. I haven't watched 11 or 12 though, I have 11 to watch but I don't think I have found 12 subbed yet.

Sportgal1
November 11, 2008, 10:46 PM
i haven't actually watched the movies yet. I tend to prefer it when it's canon and the mangaka never usually has a say in the movies. It's the same with book authors too. That's why most books turn out to have horrible movies.

What i actually meant when i was asking about Vermouth's scene is how she found out that Conan was Shinichi. I knew about Sherry, but even if she had figured out that Conan had also been shrunken, there's no reason to suspect he's Shinichi. She doesn't even know that he exists. I wonder what her motives are though, as she doesn't seem to do things the typical BO way.

I'm really glad that Eisuke (spy's brother) is gone though. He was just a really annoying character. There are already so many minor characters in this manga, that it would be better to further develop someone like Ran, Hattori or KID. Even a flashback sequence would have been better, telling more about kudo's past. Rena Mizunashi is interesting, but we didn't need Eisuke being her brother. I thought that it actually slowed the development of the story.

I can't wait till the current arc is over. I really couldn't care how the superintendent got his scar. Hopefully it'll randomly lead into a BO arc.

Yabe
November 12, 2008, 10:53 AM
Vermouth = Christ Vineyard and was found out later by Jodie & Conan that she had also disguised herself as her mother Sharon Vineyard (who's an old actress friend of Yukiko - Shinichi's mother. This (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/433/09/) was where Jodie revealed Vermouth's identity in the manga).

So she's been a friend of Conan's mom for a long time that she should have been told of or seen Shinichi as a kid once, besides she also disguised herself as a murderer who Akai was after, but Ran & Shinichi happened to encounter with and even saved her life in the 'Golden Apple' flashback chapters - so Vermouth actually has known both the adult and the young Shinichi before.

@Jath:

DCTP has subbed and released movie 12 here (http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=784.0). I have the tanks so I also could help you gather all those files related to the Black Org. in the manga - but I want 1 day to check and list the number of chapters though if you'd like my help :)

@Sportgal1:

C'mon, movies are really good you won't be disappointed. The storylines in the movies so far have been unrelated to the main plot in the manga - they're like those filler files, but the cases are much more great and exciting. I really recommend movie 10 (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgv67HSzkQ8) 'The Private Eyes' Requiem' for you (since you mentioned you missed Kaito Kidd). Watch it :darn

Btw, I also don't like Eisuke's character... I know his role served as a string for Conan & the FBI in finding the truth about Rena, but he had been kind of a tiresome string. Besides him, I love all the minor characters that have been introduced in the series so far though.

---

EDIT:

Here's the list of chapters (from the start) which are related to the Black Organization
(I put the descriptive titles in too so that you could compare them with the anime episodes' titles - I believe they're pretty much the same names):

Gin & Vodka enter
Chapter 1: The Heisei Holmes
Miyano Akemi's (Sherry's older sister) story
Chapter 13: The Missing Man
Chapter 14: The Pitiful Girl
Chapter 15: Chase The Giant
Chapter 16: The Girl Like a Devil
Tracing Gin & Vodka (1)
Chapter 33: Running into the Two
Chapter 34: The Four in the Green Car
Chapter 35: The Last 10 Seconds of Terror
Tequila's story
Chapter 114: An Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 115: The Bomb's Destination
Chapter 116: Conan's Mistake
Sherry enters
Chapter 176: The New Student
Chapter 177: The Lady in Black
Chapter 178: Code Name Sherry
Chapter 179: The Girl Made of Lies
Chapter 180: Checkmate
Chapter 181: Why
The case of Dr. Araide
Chapter 234: Another Half Year
Chapter 235: In The Dark
Chapter 236: The Unbelievable Link
Chapter 237: From the Bottom of the Heart
Pisco & Vermouth enter | tracing Gin & Vodka (2)
Chapter 238: The Secret Corner of Betrayal
Chapter 239: The Black Burial Ranks
Chapter 240: The Sudden Parting
Chapter 241: The Bullet from the Past
Chapter 242: A White World
Jodie enters
Chapter 270: Start Game
Chapter 271: TTX
Chapter 272: Game Over
The Bus Jack case
Chapter 287: The Invisible Fear
Chapter 288: Danger Signal
Chapter 289: Conceal Beneath the Truth
James Black enters
Chapter 325: Something the Lion Dropped
Chapter 326: P and A
Chapter 327: A Stupid Plan
Tracing Jodie
Chapter 340: Time to Pick the Apple
Chapter 341: The Hint That Was Against
Chapter 342: The Strange Neighbour
Chapter 343: Who Are You
NY flashback story
Chapter 350: Golden Apple 1
Chapter 351: Golden Apple 2
Chapter 352: Golden Apple 3
Chapter 353: Golden Apple 4
Chapter 354: Golden Apple 5
Chapter 355: The Ghost House's Mystery
Trivial story about the ran-away member Numabuchi Kiichiro
Chapter 360: The Disapperance of Mitsuhiko Part 3
Tracing Gin & Vodka (3)
Chapter 377: The Footsteps of Darkness 1
Chapter 378: The Footsteps of Darkness 2
Chapter 379: The Footsteps of Darkness 3
Chapter 380: White Snow Black Snow
Chapter 381: Precarious Encounter
Chapter 382: Fellow Passengers
Chapter 383: New Weapon Gadgets
Korn & Chianti enter | The revelation of Jodie & Vermouth
Chapter 417: Darkness is a Death Trap!
Chapter 418: The Silent Murder
Chapter 419: Mystery of the Black Light
Chapter 420: The Approaching Surrounding Net
Chapter 421: There is Risk
Chapter 422: The Target That Can't Escape
Chapter 423: The Mystery Left by a Visitor
Chapter 424: The Mystery Left in a Closed Room
Chapter 425: The Hidden Truth
Chapter 426: Good-bye
Chapter 427: Ran's Deduction
Chapter 428: The Unbelievable Conclusion
Chapter 429: The Full Moon and the Trap at the Banquet
Chapter 430: The Haunted Ship Painted with Blood
Chapter 431: The Invisible Man Appears!
Chapter 432: Shinichi Kudo to the Rescue
Chapter 433: The Truth Behind the Mask
Chapter 434: Rotten Apple
Chapter 435: Trace in the Rain
The return of Dr. Araide
Chapter 459: Truth Behind the Remaining Desk
Tracing the Boss' email address
Chapter 469: Star Knows Everything
Chapter 470: Prelude
Chapter 474: Fantasia
Chapter 475: Seal
Rena/Kir enters | Conan & FBI vs the BO (1)
Chapter 499: Ding Dong Dash
Chapter 500: A New Woman-In-Black
Chapter 501: Follow the Target!
Chapter 502: The New Directive
Chapter 503: Black Organization vs FBI
Chapter 504: Black Organization vs FBI 2
Eisuke enters & stories about his relationship with Rena
Chapter 508: The Two Who Cannot Return
Chapter 550: The Only Eyes-witness
Chapter 551: Nail and Snake
Chapter 552: The Identity of the Hammer
Chapter 553: Mysterious Job
Chapter 554: Menu for Dinner
Chapter 555: A Dreaming Star
Chapter 556: The Detective Boys' Snowman
Chapter 582: A Clue From the West
Chapter 583: Location of the Photograph
Chapter 584: Company
Chapter 585: Wrong Number
Chapter 586: The Truth Which Blood Tells
Chapter 587: Deseased Mother Momento
Incident at the Hospital | Conan & FBI vs the BO (2) | The dead of Akai
Chapter 595: Crow's Song
Chapter 596: The Second Thread
Chapter 597: The Fake Patient
Chapter 598: Pursuit and...
Chapter 599: Akai's Past
Chapter 600: All or Nothing
Chapter 601: Camourflage
Chapter 602: The Last Resort
Chapter 603: The Mission
Chapter 604: Older Sister and Younger Brother
Chapter 605: The Unexpected Suspect
Chapter 606: Friday the 13th
Chapter 607: Camel's Past
Chapter 608: Spell of Magic
Chapter 609: Wedge of Steel
Eisuke's leaving | mentioning of Bourbon | Subaru enters
Chapter 621: Eisuke's Confession
Chapter 622: Red, White and Yellow
Chapter 623: Kuroshiro-kun
Chapter 624: New Neighbour
Subaru's stories
Chapter 637: Crackle
Chapter 638: Paper Plane
Chapter 639: Message
Chapter 640: Rescue
Chapter 664: Ikkaku Rock
Chapter 665: Mackerel, Carp, Sea Bream, Flounder
Chapter 666: Thirst of Blood

Jath
November 12, 2008, 05:34 PM
@ Yabe

Yeah thank you for the movie. The one place I usually get mine, national-anime.com, they don't have it yet the last time I checked. Granted it's been a bit. And if you don't mind could you? If I can be of assistance I can try my best to help you out too, I just want to check it all out because I know I haven't seen everything.

@Sportgal1

Yeah the movies aren't bad at all. I do like movie 10 too, it's pretty awesome.

And yeah, I really don't like Eisuke either. He wasn't really one of my fans...

Sportgal1
November 13, 2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know, maybe i'll give one of them a try. we'll see.

New question: anyone think that the relationship between Gin and Sherry is weird? He really seems to have it in for her. He may just hate traitors, but it seems he has a deeper past with Sherry.

Yabe
November 14, 2008, 07:19 AM
My first thought was that they probably had lover-like relationship with one another as Gin mentioned Sherry with a shot of her bare back - though after having watched him shot her for times it hit me as nothing positive might've gone between them in the Organization. Sherry's mentioned as a brain of the org. + she's got good-natured character in general which's the thing members of the Black Org. doesn't need. Moreover, Akemi was also Akai's lover when he disguished himself as Rye in the org., plus James said that Akai was able to get deep into the organization more through Sherry, so I think those are probably what've caused Gin to pay great interest on her so he could recall the exact colors of her hair and read her move, etc.

Speak of Sherry, there was this scene (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/427/09/) I'm not sure whether or not Aoyama's already revealed the following words of her mother though.

And Sherry seemed to personally be the target of Vermouth also. When Vermouth went with her plan to capture Sherry, Gin didn't know about it and from the Boss' email stating like "he prolly gave too much freedom to her" - I doubt that her following Sherry that time was the Boss' order. From Jodie's revelation about her, Vermouth should be around 40+ now but she's got such young appearance - what do you think that's caused from?

The Black Org. seemed to need a lot of money doing some experiments with such pill that made the cells of some people altered that they're turned into the kids. Do you think perhaps there actually would be some sad reason involved the purpose of the big boss of the org., and maybe Vermouth also did put herself under some past experiment of the organization?

Luckas
November 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
Vermouth = Christ Vineyard and was found out later by Jodie & Conan that she had also disguised herself as her mother Sharon Vineyard (who's an old actress friend of Yukiko - Shinichi's mother. This (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/433/09/) was where Jodie revealed Vermouth's identity in the manga).

So she's been a friend of Conan's mom for a long time that she should have been told of or seen Shinichi as a kid once, besides she also disguised herself as a murderer who Akai was after, but Ran & Shinichi happened to encounter with and even saved her life in the 'Golden Apple' flashback chapters - so Vermouth actually has known both the adult and the young Shinichi before.
You have incredible memory, see here (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/434/05/).

Sportgal1
November 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
I really doubt that the BO has some good ultimate reason. In a shonen, if people kill for a good reason they always look sorta sad. This manga is over 600 chapters, you think that there would've been at least some foreshadowing if something like that was to happen. I just have this natural dislike for Vermouth, so hope she doesn't end up being a hero. Hang, draw and quarter etc...

I think part of the reason that Gin hates her is because of akemi and akai, but there was probably some sort of personal relationship. I thought at first they might be siblings/cousins, but now i doubt. Then the naked back pic would be awfully strange. Sherry doesn't seem to have that many scruples. When they are tracing gin and vodka/vermouth enters, she doesn't to help until it is explicitly her fault someone might die. I wouldn't have put it passed her to have manipulated Gin. She's definitely smart enough. Jath said she's the brains of the organization, but that's subjective. Just because she's the smartest doesn't mean she's the brains. Doesn't the boss run the organization and plan everything? He's a bit scary.

It's funny, but i almost forgot Vodka's name. He's seems to have no part besides stupidity and comic relief. :P

Btw, thanks for the putting together the BO arcs list. That must have taken forever.

Jath
November 15, 2008, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't have put it passed her to have manipulated Gin. She's definitely smart enough. Jath said she's the brains of the organization, but that's subjective. Just because she's the smartest doesn't mean she's the brains. Doesn't the boss run the organization and plan everything? He's a bit scary.

Btw, thanks for the putting together the BO arcs list. That must have taken forever.

Well I don't think that was me saying that she is the brains of the organization, but yeah, she definitely is smart as hell. Though I don't think Gin would have been manipulated, he is smart as hell to. He has kind of like a 6th sense.

The boss in general is crazy, though I don't think he's pulling all of the strings. It seems like he gave a good amount of power to Gin, at least from what I've seen so far. He's been calling a good amount of the shots until a message from the boss shows up etc.

And yes, thanks for the BO arc list. I didn't even notice it before since it was an edit in the other message, but thanks a ton. Definitely helpful.

Yabe
November 15, 2008, 10:06 AM
You have incredible memory, see here (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/434/05/).
Thanks, Luckas :) that confirmed how Vermouth knows then.

I really doubt that the BO has some good ultimate reason. In a shonen, if people kill for a good reason they always look sorta sad. This manga is over 600 chapters, you think that there would've been at least some foreshadowing if something like that was to happen. I just have this natural dislike for Vermouth, so hope she doesn't end up being a hero. Hang, draw and quarter etc...
Having enough of tragedy to kill someone shouldn't be considered as 'good reason' in itself no matter what :mad

But there're indeed a lot of hints Aoyama has left about Vermouth that could lead to the suspecion that she has some sad backgrounds >_> This conversation (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/350/18/) is one example. Not to mention that she's kept thinking of Conan as the 'Silver Bullet' that shall destroy the Organization completely in one day, and let alone having thought like that Vermouth hasn't the intention to stop or even reveal Conan's secret to Gin or the other BO members. Unless there's another way of interpreting those contradictory characters of Vermouth, I wouldn't look across the possibility that she's not originally born devil.

Furthermore, I also wouldn't ignore how most of the cases of this serie has been solved with the revelation of the culprits' sorrowful motivation. Those revelations imo have added more depth, more sense, and more impression to the story, they've sent good messages regarding of the cruelty in life that could happen to someone so that it leads them to all the wrong doings and even killing people out of emotions, even a minor-minor character like the gymnastic girl who's the culprit of the small case was explained about her real teary motivation by Aoyama, so I think it's sensible enough to guess that the more interesting and more of major character as Vermouth, etc. would be done in the similar way. Like someone else ever said "the more evil and cold-hearted a person becomes, the more reflection of their past living is presented."

I think part of the reason that Gin hates her is because of akemi and akai, but there was probably some sort of personal relationship. I thought at first they might be siblings/cousins, but now i doubt. Then the naked back pic would be awfully strange. Sherry doesn't seem to have that many scruples. When they are tracing gin and vodka/vermouth enters, she doesn't to help until it is explicitly her fault someone might die. I wouldn't have put it passed her to have manipulated Gin. She's definitely smart enough. Jath said she's the brains of the organization, but that's subjective. Just because she's the smartest doesn't mean she's the brains. Doesn't the boss run the organization and plan everything? He's a bit scary.
I thought that Sherry didn't want to get involved at first at the time was just because she knew of Gin's absolute way in dealing with traitors, but well... your theory's also plausible at least I can't find any other objection but the very coldness of Gin towards her.

However, when Sherry was mentioned as 'the brains of the organization' I interpreted it as she's one of the efficacious scientists who are working in the labs for the BO, and not the one person who plans things for the org. as a whole - nor indicating her worldly smartness. From what we've seen there're a lot of influential people working/relating to the Black Org., so it's safe to assume that there're seperated groups of them e.g. the killers, the ones who gather infomation, the scientists (the most important group according to the advancement of their project or equals to the brains), etc. and I also wouldn't call Sherry as the smartest member in the BO though considering how she almost got caught by Gin and Vermouth if it wasn't the rescue from Conan/Ran.

Sportgal1
November 16, 2008, 12:41 AM
I guess i just take the brains of the organization to mean the mastermind. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but that was the first thing that i thoughy of. :)

Even though Ooyama Gosho shows that the culprits have feelings, I still don't want the BO to. It makes them more interesting when their heartless. I could go with just learning about some basics motives of gin and vodka. Their past doesn't really interest me, the mysteriousness makes them more dangerous.

Yes, i think the boss is really smart, but i don't think that he's crazy per say. Anyone who runs around having people murdered is crazy. That includes all of the BO. I just don't think that he's crazier than the rest of them. I wonder how he keeps Gin and the likes in line. The seem to have a healthy respect for him. I just hope he's not some fat old man, but someone who'll actually take part in the story.

Jath
November 16, 2008, 09:47 AM
We'll probably start seeing the boss more when Gin and the others start to mess up a bit and slip - not like that will ever happen. lol Though I would like to see how the boss plays myself - like more interaction - cause I would like to see how he keeps Gin in line myself.

Yabe
November 17, 2008, 07:40 AM
Hm. The Moriarty who could keep a smart and heartless person like Gin under his control; and if he hasn't been there watching his underlings when they're in action and could've planned every right things out by just reading their email reports then I expect him to be much more fearsome, smart, calm and heartless than everyone else. He could be James Black :darn

Sportgal1
November 17, 2008, 05:30 PM
You really like the James Black theory, don't you Yabe? If we're going with slightly out there theories, we might as well say Akai or Agasa (:D) is the boss.

*edit*
Though Akai or Agasa being the boss would be really wierd. James Black is at least reasonable.

Sportgal1
January 08, 2009, 05:43 PM
Chapter 677 is out! (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/677/)

it was really good, we're finally back to a case that might have some relevance! I never thought that i'd see jodie acting like this, we're finally going to get some answers (hopefully).

The last arc with kaitou kid was pretty good, but a bit anti-climactic. conan just watched when he flew away. kid saved him from having his head blown off, so conan just let him go. they didn't talk much, but that was one cool vault. guess the mangakas' not run out of ideas yet!

LPnaurto
February 13, 2009, 10:06 PM
hey i just started reading this manga recently and just finished reading chapter 681...im just wondering if this is a weekly comic?

weixiaobao
February 14, 2009, 12:21 AM
hey i just started reading this manga recently and just finished reading chapter 681...im just wondering if this is a weekly comic?

this is from wikipedia "serialized in Weekly Shōnen Sunday since 1994" so i guess it weekly.. but it is not the type of manga you should read every week...

bax
February 14, 2009, 12:29 AM
I half-agreed to that xD

While I do read it weekly, but it's probably best for some people to batch download every 3 weeks or so. Especially during the usual random 3-chapter-stories. Though, when it comes to the main plot, I suggest reading it weekly, or else you have to wait for 10-20 weeks or so for the current storyline to end.

Well, it personally depends on you :)

LPnaurto
February 15, 2009, 11:46 PM
cool thank you so much :P i really appreciate it...and I think i can take a little suspence so i think i'll be reading this every week :P oh btw what day does the translated chapter usually appear on the internet?

bax
February 16, 2009, 01:06 AM
I'm not really sure ^^;; Since I always dl/read my manga during the weekends.

But from what I remember, DCTP releases around Thursday or Friday. Not really sure though.

LPnaurto
March 11, 2009, 12:06 AM
wait wait... didnt the last chapter come out on the 7th? so shouldnt there be a chapter out now?

btw clik on the link in my sig plz :P
[hr]
woot the next chapters raw is finally out! woot woot!
[hr]
omg 684's raw is already out but nobody's even translated/scanlated 683 yet...if only i knew japanese and how to scanlate...

Sportgal1
March 12, 2009, 06:09 PM
lol, i've wished that so many times myself, but i don't have time to learn. here's the scanlation of 683 (http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/683/). I find this arc a little boring, i can't seem to focus on what i'm reading. How 'bout you?

KuwabaraTheMan
April 08, 2009, 01:31 AM
So, the current case is actually giving a backstory and some development to Shiratori. Certainly not what I was expecting to see, but it's pretty welcome. Takagi and Satou have pretty much been the only ones of the regular detectives to get a good amount of development, so I'm glad that Aoyama is developing Shiratori a little more. Interested in seeing how the rest of the case plays out.

Hopefully after this is done with we'll get something dealing with Okiya.

Newkerzy
April 14, 2009, 01:25 AM
hmmm, from the 689 RAW, it looks like the girl of his dream might be Ayumi's sister (can someone translate it quickly?) btw, who's Okiya?

kryptlight
April 16, 2009, 04:35 PM
btw, who's Okiya?

It's Okiya Subaru first seen in vol 60 in the "Bourbon" case (chapter 622).
He is a student and lives is in Shinichi's house because his apartment burned down. Ai is suspicious of him. Conan doesn't think he is a bad person beacause Subaru likes Sherlock Homes(that's what he said).
It is suspected that Okiya might be the BO member "Bourbon".
I'm not sure if he is, but sth dosen't seem right about him.

Hope that helps somehow : )

LPnaurto
May 09, 2009, 11:26 PM
wow you have absolutely no idea how informative your post was kryptlight! it was so accurate that i remembered who he was from your second point, thank you so much :P

mangaka
July 05, 2009, 09:56 AM
hi
i started to read detective conan half year ago
and i dont think i am able to read all manga episodes or watch the anime
can someone provides me episodes related to the black organization and kaito kid?
i want to read these episodes only

Sportgal1
July 05, 2009, 10:54 PM

@Jath:

DCTP has subbed and released movie 12 here (http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=784.0). I have the tanks so I also could help you gather all those files related to the Black Org. in the manga - but I want 1 day to check and list the number of chapters though if you'd like my help :)

@Sportgal1:

C'mon, movies are really good you won't be disappointed. The storylines in the movies so far have been unrelated to the main plot in the manga - they're like those filler files, but the cases are much more great and exciting. I really recommend movie 10 (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgv67HSzkQ8) 'The Private Eyes' Requiem' for you (since you mentioned you missed Kaito Kidd). Watch it :darn

Btw, I also don't like Eisuke's character... I know his role served as a string for Conan & the FBI in finding the truth about Rena, but he had been kind of a tiresome string. Besides him, I love all the minor characters that have been introduced in the series so far though.

---

EDIT:

Here's the list of chapters (from the start) which are related to the Black Organization
(I put the descriptive titles in too so that you could compare them with the anime episodes' titles - I believe they're pretty much the same names):

Gin & Vodka enter
Chapter 1: The Heisei Holmes
Miyano Akemi's (Sherry's older sister) story
Chapter 13: The Missing Man
Chapter 14: The Pitiful Girl
Chapter 15: Chase The Giant
Chapter 16: The Girl Like a Devil
Tracing Gin & Vodka (1)
Chapter 33: Running into the Two
Chapter 34: The Four in the Green Car
Chapter 35: The Last 10 Seconds of Terror
Tequila's story
Chapter 114: An Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 115: The Bomb's Destination
Chapter 116: Conan's Mistake
Sherry enters
Chapter 176: The New Student
Chapter 177: The Lady in Black
Chapter 178: Code Name Sherry
Chapter 179: The Girl Made of Lies
Chapter 180: Checkmate
Chapter 181: Why
The case of Dr. Araide
Chapter 234: Another Half Year
Chapter 235: In The Dark
Chapter 236: The Unbelievable Link
Chapter 237: From the Bottom of the Heart
Pisco & Vermouth enter | tracing Gin & Vodka (2)
Chapter 238: The Secret Corner of Betrayal
Chapter 239: The Black Burial Ranks
Chapter 240: The Sudden Parting
Chapter 241: The Bullet from the Past
Chapter 242: A White World
Jodie enters
Chapter 270: Start Game
Chapter 271: TTX
Chapter 272: Game Over
The Bus Jack case
Chapter 287: The Invisible Fear
Chapter 288: Danger Signal
Chapter 289: Conceal Beneath the Truth
James Black enters
Chapter 325: Something the Lion Dropped
Chapter 326: P and A
Chapter 327: A Stupid Plan
Tracing Jodie
Chapter 340: Time to Pick the Apple
Chapter 341: The Hint That Was Against
Chapter 342: The Strange Neighbour
Chapter 343: Who Are You
NY flashback story
Chapter 350: Golden Apple 1
Chapter 351: Golden Apple 2
Chapter 352: Golden Apple 3
Chapter 353: Golden Apple 4
Chapter 354: Golden Apple 5
Chapter 355: The Ghost House's Mystery
Trivial story about the ran-away member Numabuchi Kiichiro
Chapter 360: The Disapperance of Mitsuhiko Part 3
Tracing Gin & Vodka (3)
Chapter 377: The Footsteps of Darkness 1
Chapter 378: The Footsteps of Darkness 2
Chapter 379: The Footsteps of Darkness 3
Chapter 380: White Snow Black Snow
Chapter 381: Precarious Encounter
Chapter 382: Fellow Passengers
Chapter 383: New Weapon Gadgets
Korn & Chianti enter | The revelation of Jodie & Vermouth
Chapter 417: Darkness is a Death Trap!
Chapter 418: The Silent Murder
Chapter 419: Mystery of the Black Light
Chapter 420: The Approaching Surrounding Net
Chapter 421: There is Risk
Chapter 422: The Target That Can't Escape
Chapter 423: The Mystery Left by a Visitor
Chapter 424: The Mystery Left in a Closed Room
Chapter 425: The Hidden Truth
Chapter 426: Good-bye
Chapter 427: Ran's Deduction
Chapter 428: The Unbelievable Conclusion
Chapter 429: The Full Moon and the Trap at the Banquet
Chapter 430: The Haunted Ship Painted with Blood
Chapter 431: The Invisible Man Appears!
Chapter 432: Shinichi Kudo to the Rescue
Chapter 433: The Truth Behind the Mask
Chapter 434: Rotten Apple
Chapter 435: Trace in the Rain
The return of Dr. Araide
Chapter 459: Truth Behind the Remaining Desk
Tracing the Boss' email address
Chapter 469: Star Knows Everything
Chapter 470: Prelude
Chapter 474: Fantasia
Rena/Kir enters | Conan & FBI vs the BO (1)
Chapter 499: Ding Dong Dash
Chapter 500: A New Woman-In-Black
Chapter 501: Follow the Target!
Chapter 502: The New Directive
Chapter 503: Black Organization vs FBI
Chapter 504: Black Organization vs FBI 2
Eisuke enters & stories about his relationship with Rena
Chapter 508: The Two Who Cannot Return
Chapter 550: The Only Eyes-witness
Chapter 551: Nail and Snake
Chapter 552: The Identity of the Hammer
Chapter 553: Mysterious Job
Chapter 554: Menu for Dinner
Chapter 555: A Dreaming Star
Chapter 556: The Detective Boys' Snowman
Chapter 582: A Clue From the West
Chapter 583: Location of the Photograph
Chapter 584: Company
Chapter 585: Wrong Number
Chapter 586: The Truth Which Blood Tells
Chapter 587: Deseased Mother Momento
Incident at the Hospital | Conan & FBI vs the BO (2) | The dead of Akai
Chapter 595: Crow's Song
Chapter 596: The Second Thread
Chapter 597: The Fake Patient
Chapter 598: Pursuit and...
Chapter 599: Akai's Past
Chapter 600: All or Nothing
Chapter 601: Camourflage
Chapter 602: The Last Resort
Chapter 603: The Mission
Chapter 604: Older Sister and Younger Brother
Chapter 605: The Unexpected Suspect
Chapter 606: Friday the 13th
Chapter 607: Camel's Past
Chapter 608: Spell of Magic
Chapter 609: Wedge of Steel
Eisuke's leaving | mentioning of Bourbon | Subaru enters
Chapter 621: Eisuke's Confession
Chapter 622: Red, White and Yellow
Chapter 623: Kuroshiro-kun
Chapter 624: New Neighbour
Subaru's stories
Chapter 637: Crackle
Chapter 638: Paper Plane
Chapter 639: Message
Chapter 640: Rescue
Chapter 664: Ikkaku Rock
Chapter 665: Mackerel, Carp, Sea Bream, Flounder
Chapter 666: Thirst of Blood

Here's a list of all the black organization chapters, thanks to Yabe. I don't know if it's been updated recently.

Yabe
July 06, 2009, 08:51 AM
\o/ Thanks for bringing that post up, Sportgal1 ^^
I'm several chapters behind the current story at moment, and haven't read anything since the chapter that revealed about Akai I think. I peeked into the latest chapter a few days ago and saw nothing about the main plot, so I simply shut it off. xP
Currently returning to read this serie in the volume basis :)

@ mangaka: I'll check those chapters about Kaito Kid for you and will be back to put in this post.

EDIT: Kaito Kid's stories:

-1st case- Volume 16 (File 6-9)
Chapter 156: Chance Meeting
Chapter 157: Annihilation
Chapter 158: Presence
Chapter 159: Finale
-2nd case- Volume 30 (File 4-7)
Chapter 299: The Meeting
Chapter 300: Tragedy
Chapter 301: Murder
Chapter 302: Sting
-3rd case- Volume 44 (File 7-10)
Chapter 453: Miracle
Chapter 454: Shock
Chapter 455: Panic
Chapter 456: Escape
-4th case- Volume 46 (File 7-10)
Chapter 476: Trick
Chapter 477: Sacred Treasure
Chapter 478: Immortal
-5th case- Volume 53 (File 1-5)
Chapter 544: Guren
Chapter 545: Konjiki
Chapter 546: Seiran
Chapter 547: Junbaku
Chapter 548: The Mysterious 200-Faced Man
-6th case- Volume 61 (File 1-4)
Chapter 631: Purple Nail
Chapter 632: Instant Movement
Chapter 633: Three Taboos
Chapter 634: Zero

KuwabaraTheMan
July 22, 2009, 11:36 AM
So, with the release of Chapter 700 it looks like we're getting another big case in the plot development. It seems like this story should answer a lot of questions such as what happened when Akai was shot, who Okiya is, and more.

I'm really excited to find out more.

shinobi
August 05, 2009, 11:54 AM
I didn't read any chapter for some time now, and I was just checking and found the recent chapters have some good development, so next chapter this case sender/bomber case will end I guess and the focus will be on what happened to Akai and what Subaru's intentions are.....

KuwabaraTheMan
August 05, 2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, that seems to be the case. I wonder what was up with that smile he had at the end of the chapter. It could be a case of misdirection, or it could mean that he's the one behind all of this. Having Subaru be Bourbon would be a bit more straightforward than Aoyama normally does things, though.

AkumaBuster
August 11, 2009, 01:17 PM
Chapter 703 came out yesterday.
Looked over the whole thing (it's in Japanese, so I couldn't read XD) and it seems that Okiya knows of the B.O. It might be a mislead(er?) or just a lead, but I don't know.

Frankly I don't think he's "evil". There's too much stuff in the manga that hint that he might have other intentions even if he's in the B.O.

(e.g. he likes the colour black but he also doesn't like it for the same reason)

Also, does anyone know how long it usually takes for a DC chapter to get translated?

Thanks.

Akiyama
August 18, 2009, 06:50 PM
Right now I'm putting my blinders up since I'm still in the 200's.
I would love to discuss more about this manga but I'll wait until I catch up.
Back to reading more DC, the different murders never gets old.

shinobi
August 28, 2009, 10:57 AM
I was reading chapter 704 and I'm not sure that I get Gin and Subaru's comments about (It seems that this guy is not who they thought he was)!! Is this guy Akai or not Akai!!
I want to know what's this thing between Subaru and Akai, wonder when will be the continuation of this, because next chapter looks like we're gonna have a new case...

magicbulletgirl
August 28, 2009, 02:33 PM
I say the key to these things is to keep it simple.

A lot of confusion went on about who was who back in the 30's and 40's but in hindsight it was very obvious and very simple.

So assume Akai is Akai and Okiya is someone else. Who? Well he's Black Org according to Haibara but she was scared of Akai too. Akai, we now know, is ex-Black Org. Could Okiya be the same? We'll just have to wait and see.

Skrymir
August 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
I say the person that looks like Akai is actually Bourbon and Okiya is actually Akai.

magicbulletgirl
August 29, 2009, 02:29 AM
See, but what makes you say that? You have to try to actually substantiate your theories ^^

Skrymir
September 05, 2009, 10:27 PM
By Conan's line: People who are Holmes fans can't possibly be evil. :p

Negative Syndicate
September 20, 2009, 10:32 AM
Kamiya Akira, the voice actor, will be dropping his role of Mori Kogoro.

Then, who'll be replacing his part. I think no one can't replace Kamiya

Newkerzy
September 23, 2009, 10:15 AM
Good, to be honest I didn't really like his voice.

Negative Syndicate
October 27, 2009, 12:31 PM
The new role for Mori Kogoro is Koyama Rikiya (Kogarashi in Kamen no Maid-guy, and Yamato in Naruto).

Sportgal1
November 05, 2009, 06:33 PM
anyone read the latest chapter? I'm so excited to be back to kaitou kid. The ones with him are second only to the black org arcs for me! It looks pretty interesting so far.

Sherlock Holmes
November 05, 2009, 06:51 PM
So much for "don't attract attention as a genius 7 year old" right conan?

KuwabaraTheMan
November 06, 2009, 10:37 PM
Hopefully this case is over with quickly. I've never really been a fan of the Kaitou Kid cases. They generally feel pretty similar and not quite as interesting as the typical mysteries.

magicbulletgirl
November 15, 2009, 03:25 AM
Lately Kid cases have been more about competing against a huge turn of the century device than about magic. Sure one is related with the other but the cases are at their best when it is about Kid pulling off a terrific stunt and Conan having to have to figure it out. Best one ever was the Walking on Air stunt ^^~

Newkerzy
November 15, 2009, 08:57 AM
It looks like Haibara is about to get her shining moment.... Although it may be Shinchi hogging the glory in the end by finishing off Haibara's deduction (by correcting the deduction)

HikaruYami
November 19, 2009, 01:39 PM
Haibara admitted before Shinichi woke up that she wasn't the detective type. A genius, yes, a deduction genius, no moreso than those idiot police officers... (she's probably only about as talented at that as Takagi, who is no moron, but is still only the 2nd~3rd best at deductions out of the standard Japanese police that we've seen... almost all of which are morons).

Anyway, any guesses on the trick? I have a feeling that Conan's line about why he isn't a pervert is a big clue, but the translator clearly isn't trying to solve the mystery, and it might be that only the Japanese was a clue, and not the meaning in english.

magicbulletgirl
November 21, 2009, 09:22 PM
I'm 99% sure Kid is Nakamori this time. He was standing next to Jirokichi when the lights went off near the wall where the keys were nailed to before the lights went off. When the lights come on again Nakamori is standing next to the pedestal and Conan. While the tv crew seems suspicious I doubt they're it.

As for how the notes got on the pedestals, my best guess would be sticky notes on the children revealed after pulled up their hood. And in that case my second guess culprit, the tv reporter, would be most suspicious as she gave the children the jackets and someone would have noticed Nakamori applying the notes on the children's jackets. While the camera and sound guys seem likely, their equipment would be a hindrance to Kid.

And finally, there's probably a switch on the center pedestal. That the beeps continued despite the power outage is unlikely. The beeps heard were a playback to have the children press their backs harder against the pedestals, "upping their guard."

That's all I have figured out so far ^^ Really it's all there for you to decipher I'm sure. Any Japanese pun would be minor at best.

Newkerzy
November 21, 2009, 10:48 PM
Haibara admitted before Shinichi woke up that she wasn't the detective type. A genius, yes, a deduction genius, no moreso than those idiot police officers... (she's probably only about as talented at that as Takagi, who is no moron, but is still only the 2nd~3rd best at deductions out of the standard Japanese police that we've seen... almost all of which are morons).

Anyway, any guesses on the trick? I have a feeling that Conan's line about why he isn't a pervert is a big clue, but the translator clearly isn't trying to solve the mystery, and it might be that only the Japanese was a clue, and not the meaning in english.

I think you forgot about Yamato Kansuke. But then again, I may be wrong since he seems to be at Heizo's level.

KuwabaraTheMan
November 27, 2009, 09:13 PM
It was a fitting end. I figured that he was going to wind up being able to copy the appearance of a child, anyway. Now I'm anxious to see what type of case we get next.

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2009, 03:57 PM
Just got uptodate few days ago ... and since this thread is dead, I thought on giving a try ^_^

KuwabaraTheMan
March 07, 2010, 09:42 PM
Although the actual case itself isn't that interesting (since we know who the killer was from the start, although I am interested in exactly how she did it), but I'm enjoying the White Day stuff because of how comically useless all the male characters are at remembering to do anything for it, except for Shiratori.

I'm guessing the final chapter will have Ran discovering some gift that Conan left (as Shinichi) when he went back into the office briefly in the first chapter of the case, though.

Sportgal1
July 05, 2010, 06:56 PM
Random question. Does anyone know how much time has passed since shinichi became Conan?

Black Lagoon
July 14, 2010, 06:27 PM
I don't think it was ever stated how much time has passed. The author is also very clever not to reveal a time of the year. When the case needs to involve snow, the characters travel north, if they need a beach, they travel south. Japan is quite a convenient country in that case, you don't need special seasons to get a certain scenario.

Although IMO I think it must be around 4 or 3 years because people cant get killed in such a short period of time, that would be crazy. :s
[hr]
Even if it isn´t 4 or 3 years you can be sure about 2, If I^m not mistaken we just saw the second Valentine, so ...

BlackHair
July 15, 2010, 04:54 AM
I lost track of the manga, since the plot was not progressing. Are there any changes? Still all those random cases? Last thing I remember was Akai (or whatever his name was, the FBI dude) dying.

If there are any plot improvement, plz tell me which chapters. Im not rly interested in random cases, though Eri appearance are sometimes nice.

Black Lagoon
July 15, 2010, 11:50 AM
Eisuke`s confession : Just read from here http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/621/11/

Subaru Okiya (Intro) : http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/622/01/ (It is strongly hinted that this guy is Bourbon (a new member in the Black Organization))

Subaru Okiya 2 : http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/638/01/

Shinichi Kudo the Murderer : http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/646/01/

Kid : http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/674/01/

FBI : http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/677/01/

Black Organization : http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/700/01/

Well, with all of the above (this all I can remember :p), I hope I've been of some help for you, and please let me know if you have any further questions. (I`ll gladly answer if I know the answer :P)

Newkerzy
July 24, 2010, 08:01 AM
I lost track of the manga, since the plot was not progressing. Are there any changes? Still all those random cases? Last thing I remember was Akai (or whatever his name was, the FBI dude) dying.

If there are any plot improvement, plz tell me which chapters. Im not rly interested in random cases, though Eri appearance are sometimes nice.

Still those random cases. But there is something you might want to check out in those "random cases". Apparently, Chiba found himself a love interest. It's pretty interesting and I guarantee it won't be a disappointment. Now, out of the MPD group, only Yumi is single. (poor girl) :p

KuwabaraTheMan
August 13, 2010, 02:22 PM
Still those random cases. But there is something you might want to check out in those "random cases". Apparently, Chiba found himself a love interest. It's pretty interesting and I guarantee it won't be a disappointment. Now, out of the MPD group, only Yumi is single. (poor girl) :p

Yeah, Yumi is the last member of the police force without a love interest. Knowing Aoyama, soon we'll get some story about a childhood friend who re-enters her life.

The new case that just started seemed interesting. Setting a case in London definitely has a lot of promise, and the opening narration seems to hint at this being a pretty big moment in the story.

Niirouge
October 10, 2010, 10:11 PM
The new case that just started seemed interesting. Setting a case in London definitely has a lot of promise, and the opening narration seems to hint at this being a pretty big moment in the story.

It is interesting and the English actually sounds proper (one or two spelling mistakes, but no biggie) :)

I thought the same at first, London = Sherlock Holmes = BIG part of the story... And then it drifted into quite a complicated scenario... The riddles and codes were fun to guess or deduce though ;)

Anyway, I haven't read the latest (ch750) so there might have been a major twist that I'm unaware of :)

P.S. Hope this tread livens up more... I love Conan... :(

R4n
October 11, 2010, 02:59 AM
I am guessing this case will play a part in the black organisation arc later. Since Shinichi Kudo go to England using his own body and identity, surely the immigration has a record of him going out of Japan. If the Black Organization ever find out of that, they'll have a definite proof that Shinichi Kudo is indeed alive and healthy.
If they investigate further they will find out that the Mouri family is travelling overseas aboard the same plane. Adding one and one together, it'll be easy to connect Conan with Shinichi.

It get dangerous.

Niirouge
October 11, 2010, 03:44 AM
I am guessing this case will play a part in the black organisation arc later. Since Shinichi Kudo go to England using his own body and identity, surely the immigration has a record of him going out of Japan. If the Black Organization ever find out of that, they'll have a definite proof that Shinichi Kudo is indeed alive and healthy.
If they investigate further they will find out that the Mouri family is travelling overseas aboard the same plane. Adding one and one together, it'll be easy to connect Conan with Shinichi.

It get dangerous.

You have a point there :amuse

I didn't think of that when I read it, lol.

But would the BO really start investigating into that? Maybe if they actually saw Shinichi in London, otherwise, they still believe that he's dead...

I don't think they have that much time on them to be going through who's been flying in and out of Japan! :p

And I think that lady who appeared at the end of the second part to the London case is Shinichi's mother, so she'll probably bring him back the "safe" way. Well, if there is any...

tobeulp
October 11, 2010, 05:27 AM
I hope that after this case there is a duel between Kudo and the Black organization in London because that will be big..

KuwabaraTheMan
October 11, 2010, 12:18 PM

It get dangerous.

That's certainly one possibility, although I'm not sure if they have the resources to be looking through every single bit of immigration records. I do think think that his decision to travel as Shinichi will wind up having some major ramifications, so that could be what winds up happening.

Niirouge
October 11, 2010, 11:46 PM
I hope that after this case there is a duel between Kudo and the Black organization in London because that will be big..

Me and you both :)

Although I have doubts that the setting will be in London... Afterall, I think more people need to be involved and 'in danger' so that the tension and thrill is heightened!

That's certainly one possibility, although I'm not sure if they have the resources to be looking through every single bit of immigration records. I do think think that his decision to travel as Shinichi will wind up having some major ramifications, so that could be what winds up happening.

Lol, what I said! :amuse

Except yours is more clearer and direct, which is nice :p

On another note, I'm glad this thread is becoming more active \o/

R4n
October 22, 2010, 09:24 AM
I just read chapter 752!
I really love the big drawing of Ran and Shinichi! Meitantei Conan is a mystery manga that's why it seldom have big panels, and even less full one page drawing. The emotion it induce is really awesome! :D

Niirouge
October 31, 2010, 03:55 AM
^ I love it too! xD

I'm glad that the case came to a happy ending and has everyone/anyone read the latest chapters with the...

Detective boys and the case in the abandoned building?

By the way, I sooooo knew that mysterious lady in London was Shinichi's mother :p Feels good to figure something else out when you can't solve the actual case~

Rikudou Sennin
February 14, 2011, 12:54 PM
Did somebody read the newest chapter?

I got the feeling Kogoro and Conan beeing alone is the reason that Gosho makes Kogoro finally finding out that Conan is actually Shinishi.

What do you think folks?

icybluz
February 26, 2011, 07:24 PM
Verification: Confirmed
Source: http://mangahideout.com
Credits: beggerking

here is the link to the pictures posted on the site

http://www.mangahideout.com/content.php/37-Detective-Conan-767-Spoilers

enjoy! thanks to beggerking

Newkerzy
March 10, 2011, 10:50 AM
A new rival, eh??? not only that, this time he's got lots of brawn too!!! Plus, he uses the FREAKIN' Bruce Lee's moves!!! now that's awesome!!!

R4n
March 25, 2011, 02:01 PM
768: When both Ran and the mysterious guy started dueling, i practically screamed: What the heck are you doing on a CROWDED BUS? xDDD

Btw, i have a feeling that the new 'guy' is actually a girl...
[hr]
Chapter 769 comments:

- Did you notice Sera said 'Case Closed' at the last page? :D:D
I find it very amusing. Is that only a coincidence or Aoyama-sensei's tribute to the English Title of Meitantei Conan? :tem
[hr]
Meitantei Conan 770

hahah, so Sera really is a girl! It is obvious from the beginning xDD
I wonder why would Aoyama Gosho introduce another detective now. Most likely not as a rival because we already got Heiji.
She is so obviously pretend not to be able to solve the last part of the trick in order to draw out Shinichi. Could she already know about Conan's identity?
I have a feeling that Sera might be Bourbon...

masgrande
March 25, 2011, 04:32 PM
I don't think she knew about Shinichi(she acted surprise when the Conan mention the phonecall), but she did seem to know about Conan being the true detective. Conan may also know something since he was surprise that she didn't figure out the last part of the murder trick, he knows she is smart enough to figure it out so I don't think he is going to let his guard down.

R4n
March 29, 2011, 11:35 PM
chapter 771

- Ah, looks like Aoyama-sensei got himself a new assistant! The background characters look very different. :tem
- also, i think Shinichi must have met Sera either in Japan or America. Haha, when she mentioned living in America with her parents, my crackpot theory deduce that she is Shinichi's twin sister or something xDDD

We haven't got a very exciting case for quite some time. I am very happy with this case. ^^

RaveDragon
April 26, 2011, 08:09 AM
i really love this its a masterpiece really should start re-reading it! Kudo and the black organization chappys especially xD

R4n
May 10, 2011, 09:31 PM
regarding chapter 775:
i am so glad Aoyama Gosho seems to be going on a full speed on the Black Organization business.
I am really curious what's Sera and Subaru's relationship to the BO. Ah, what a dilemma. I really want to know how will the BO thing conclude, but i also don't want Meitantei Conan to end...

tobeulp
May 10, 2011, 11:22 PM
@R4n
It will still be long so don't worry... The next arc will be surely be good knowing that BO is really with it

KuwabaraTheMan
May 18, 2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think there's any worry that the series will end anytime soon. Aoyama is introducing new elements rather than wrapping things up.

I do think we'll be seeing the Okiya story being wrapped up soon.

RaveDragon
June 04, 2011, 05:04 AM
Guys know of any friendship/sisterly moments between ran and ai?
I really like how ai sees akemi in Ran so and i love sibling stories =D

Aikidoka
June 06, 2011, 11:21 PM
I'm about a hundred chapters behind in Detective Conan and somewhat eager to "skip" ahead to the Black Organization arcs. Does anyone know if there have been any such storylines since the Red Shirt arc (with Akai and "Bourbon")?

Newkerzy
June 07, 2011, 12:26 AM
None. But the latest chapter had Camel (the FBI agent that was Akai's partner/former partner) involved and he got suspicious about the new girl (Sera). He feels he saw her somewhere. And it seems that Sera's trying to find out about Shinichi's ID.

And oh, if you'd like a little romance, I'd suggest that you read Chiba's case. Apparently he's gotten a love interest. And oh, Shinichi finally confessed in the Wimbledon case.

M3J
June 07, 2011, 04:38 PM
Heiji vs. Shinichi could be interesting, but I wish it was a more challenging case. they work well together, but I wanna see how well they'd do against each other. the first case had Shinichi owning Heiji, but I want their competition to occur in a very hard case. Those two are geniuses, and it'd be awesome to see them prove who's superior.

Not shockingly, I think Shinichi is superior. One of the reasons why Heiji had a headstart was because he understands kansai dialect. Cheater! :yelling Heiji's cool though.

daman246
June 07, 2011, 05:02 PM
That new girl is Really annoying for some unlikely Reason

R4n
June 14, 2011, 08:08 PM
ah, i love the conclusion of the Shinichi vs Heiji case.

seems like Shinichi won it this time, but Heiji is the one who solves the first part of the case ^^.
fair enough... fair enough. They definetely won't want to make the main character looks bad. I will be quite disappointed if Shin lost embarassingly :D

by the way... i kinda suspects Sera is related Akai in someway. Maybe she's the little sister? They have the same eyes... Maybe that's why James Black's able to recognize her too, because he had met her before.

M3J
June 19, 2011, 07:43 PM
It would make sense if Sera was related to Akai since they're smart and can fight. :x Sera's actually cool, and the fact that she associates (?) Conan with Shinichi shows she knows a lot more than she lets on. Maybe she and Shinichi knew each other when they were young?

Naruto Sennin87
August 01, 2011, 10:38 AM
DETECTIVE CONAN 786 CHINESE OUT (http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=46583148&p=327917181)

Akiyama
August 01, 2011, 12:23 PM
Latest wallpaper from Shogakukan. :>
http://thumbnails11.imagebam.com/14311/672209143102520.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/672209143102520) http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/14311/b7e5e4143102582.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b7e5e4143102582)

sakura_fai
August 04, 2011, 12:08 PM
Dctp.ws releases the chapters every week, just fyi.

So has anyone read DC 7868? yet?

Shadow Limiter
August 08, 2011, 11:09 AM
At last, i was able to finish reading 786 chapters of DC in 22 days.

I think that Sera is most probably related to either the spy network of the FBI or the CIA or she is a member of the INTERPOL.

As for a possibility of her being related to Akai, well there is a chance that is true but i am not sure.

Can anyone tell me if the inclusion of 'Kaitou KID' in the story of DC is a major thing or not. If it is a major thing, then would we be seeing a major tie-in between the two stories of DC and Magic Kaito (i have read the 28 available chapters of MK), since it seems that in both the story one factor is common that the main antagonist is after Immortality.

Akiyama
August 08, 2011, 12:01 PM
I think Sera will turn out to be Bourbon and a male, flat chested hasn't developed yet like my mom is a lie!!! Subaru on the other hand seems to be one of the good guys so he will turn out to be from some spy organization.

Shadow Limiter
August 08, 2011, 12:19 PM
But i think the Akai (with the burn scar) who is going around now is actually 'Bourbon' and Subaru is actually the real Akai (and Conan knows that and thats why he supports Subaru).

KuwabaraTheMan
August 10, 2011, 10:40 PM
Well, Kazuha really screwed up her chance to confess her feelings. At least Takagi knows now?

I definitely think that Sera is Akai's sister. There's been some pretty strong hints in that direction. Hopefully it will all be revealed soon.

At last, i was able to finish reading 786 chapters of DC in 22 days.

Wow, you read the whole series in just three weeks? That's pretty fast.

masgrande
August 29, 2011, 11:21 AM
When is the next chapter going to be release or are they still releasing the Magic Kaito specials?

Newkerzy
September 21, 2011, 09:23 AM
New chapter is out. (http://www.dctp.ws/)

I didn't think Chiba's story would be resolved this soon, I thought it would take at least another 100 chapters to resolve. But anyways, I was waiting for this quite a while. Hopefully by the end of the case, it'll be resolved or at least almost resolved. Haibara was also pure win in this chapter and if the DB told Yumi the truth she might be more than eager to help. I think Agasa will spill the bean to her next chapter.

Naruto Sennin87
January 12, 2012, 05:34 AM
DC 802 spoiler
From:http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=49102968#entry344358023

http://t.imgbox.com/aamblbsE.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aamblbsE) http://t.imgbox.com/aapTKYWg.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aapTKYWg)

Lutzu
January 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
^this chapter is out,http://www.mangareader.net/detective-conan/802

yieps
March 17, 2012, 06:56 PM
Bah, finally, it's certain Akai is alive... Hopefully the main story and character development lasts for a while.

masgrande
March 19, 2012, 02:41 AM
I really want a Black organization case now that there is a mole in Conan's side.

KuwabaraTheMan
April 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
Man, things are moving really fast now. The ending to chapter 813 was awesome, and I can't wait to see where things with Subaru go from here.

Utsune
September 26, 2013, 02:30 PM
Chapter 872

I got a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery unpleasant chill the moment they mention "Satoko." I'm still shivering a bit...

Reminds me of Sacchan from The Ring :waah

She has long hair as well.........

Eek, I said it.

Utsune
April 07, 2014, 12:14 AM
Chapter 892:
Conan is getting way too bold and careless these days, and he's finally done it. What on earth are you doing straight up revealing yourself to Bourbon??? D:

Doraku
April 08, 2014, 03:35 AM
Chapter 892:
Conan is getting way too bold and careless these days, and he's finally done it. What on earth are you doing straight up revealing yourself to Bourbon??? D:

I think he already knew that he's Bourbon :p Conan's actions have been quite... questionable when it comes to BO, pretty interesting to guess what's he planning to do.

Utsune
April 08, 2014, 04:34 AM
I think he already knew that he's Bourbon :p Conan's actions have been quite... questionable when it comes to BO, pretty interesting to guess what's he planning to do.

Yeah, he knows he's Bourbon, but I suspect Conan *thinks* he's not entirely bad, and Bourbon sees where he's coming from, that's why he said at the end "I think you're mistaken about me" or something......... Who would've guessed there would be a direct confrontation out of the blues, least to say an incredibly dangerous one :oh But yeah, Conan has always been downright risky when it comes to BO, though I'm more interested to see what Bourbon would do with him now that he has Conan by his throat.

Doraku
April 09, 2014, 12:07 PM
Yeah, he knows he's Bourbon, but I suspect Conan *thinks* he's not entirely bad, and Bourbon sees where he's coming from, that's why he said at the end "I think you're mistaken about me" or something......... Who would've guessed there would be a direct confrontation out of the blues, least to say an incredibly dangerous one :oh But yeah, Conan has always been downright risky when it comes to BO, though I'm more interested to see what Bourbon would do with him now that he has Conan by his throat.

I think with the exception of Gin, prominent BO members are rarely an immediate threat to Conan. I mean, Vermouth still conceals Conan's true identity regardless the fact that she knows about him being Shinichi Kudo already. So I'm guessing that Bourbon is also more or less similar to Vermouth; They look threatening but they still want to "play" with Conan.

If there is something I'm more curious about, that'd be Sera's "little sister".

Utsune
April 19, 2014, 06:59 AM
Chapter 894:
Call me S on this but I love seeing Conan's horrified expression when he finally realises what Bourbon is up to. Anyways I'm guessing Conan would have had enough time to contact Akai beforehand upon the realisation. I wonder if Bourbon also suspected Vermouth's biased tendencies...

Who would have known they would face off like this? :teehee

ProGoddess
April 19, 2014, 09:13 AM
There are a few characters who are still in suspense. For example, Akai, I have always wondered if he has truly been dead. Kaito Kid, when will his real identity be revealed to Conan and everyone else (though I thought it shouldn't or it will kill the mystery)? Another guys is Subaru who is staying in Shinichi's (Conan) house, who is he and what is his intention or motive? He does not seem like a bad guy but his true identity is still unknown.

I haven't read till the latest chapter, perhaps there have been changes. :)

Utsune
April 26, 2014, 04:41 AM
Okay so before I go and reread everything again, just gonna quickly note down a few thoughts and see if I would decide otherwise later. Sera is third sibling in the Akai family, that mysterious little girl on her phone could actually be her mother who has taken the APTX-4869 and she is actually the sister of Elena (Sherry/Shiho's mother. Wait er... actually that means Akai and Akemi are cousins if they're really blood-related with their respective parents...???) I'm just purely guessing, and one more of those guesses is that Amuro is also related to Sera, or he's even the second sibling in the family. Either him or Okiya is. Or both. Also people are saying Subaru = Akai Shuuichi but I'll honestly be sad if Subaru turns back into Akai because I really like him as a character lol...

As an aside, Agasa Hagase and Kudo Yuusaku confirmed by Aoyama-sensei himself NOT to be the BO boss... I'm somewhat glad he confirmed it for Yuusaku since I was starting to believe certain theories about him despite obvious flaws... inb4 BO boss = Mitsuhiko :teehee That kid knows way too much for his age......

Rant over.

There are a few characters who are still in suspense. For example, Akai, I have always wondered if he has truly been dead. Kaito Kid, when will his real identity be revealed to Conan and everyone else (though I thought it shouldn't or it will kill the mystery)? Another guys is Subaru who is staying in Shinichi's (Conan) house, who is he and what is his intention or motive? He does not seem like a bad guy but his true identity is still unknown.

I haven't read till the latest chapter, perhaps there have been changes. :)

Not sure where you're up to exactly, but there are hints dotted all over the place (not exactly spoiler because these hints are all from the Red X Black/ Hospital arc) telling Akai is still alive and Conan is in on this. I also think Kaito Kid's identity will never be revealed :p but I wonder if he would be involved in the final big clash between Conan and the BO...

...because of his contact with Bourbon.

---------- Post added April 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was April 24, 2014 at 09:08 AM ----------

895: Can't wait to see how this is gonna be resolved, under BO's typical MO Conan's relationship with the FBI would make him a high priority target... This isn't something that could be simply resolved with a "misunderstanding" kind of trap/excuse, unlike the usual clashes between them.

Also I'm thinking if Sera is something they met during their time in NY, on one of the beaches or something... After all, Akai was in NY too, and her mother currently lives in the US...

As for theories concerning Haneda Shuukichi's relationship with Sera, I doubt he's a sibling of hers. He doesn't have the eye feature thing Sera and Akai (and even that mysterious 'girl') has, not to mention Sera calls Akai Shuuichi "Shuu-nii," Haneda would yield the exact same name-call if he were a sibling... anyways...

AndieAras26
May 01, 2014, 06:25 PM
I can't wait for 896 to be translated. Conan was getting careless and now Bourbon is right on his tail.

M3J
May 01, 2014, 06:29 PM
So, is there anything new in the developments of DC?

Newkerzy
May 02, 2014, 10:23 AM
For one thing, Bourbon's caught onto the fact that Subaru Okiya is in fact, Akai. Also, Sera is his little sister. I wonder if Bourbon has already sent goons after her.

M3J
May 03, 2014, 01:52 AM
Just read the last two and the first chapters of the arc/story. Didn't read the other ones cuz its scanlator hasn't released it yet. But now the story's finally picking up!

What about anything before that? I'm not sure if Batoto is up to date with DC.

Utsune
May 11, 2014, 04:47 PM
@Milly
The frequency of BO-related chapters are a bit higher than usual for the past 100 chapters or so. And ever since the arrival of Okiya Subaru and Amuro Tooru, there have been several major BO events as well as hints, important dialogues/remakrs dotted all over the place, including new key characters such as Sera Masumi and her "sister from outside the territory" (as quoted) whom I suspect to be another person taken the drug, but since she appears older than Conan by about at least 4 years. We're nearing chapter 900. Usually on the 100th mark there will be a major BO case, and the past 10 chapters have certainly been leading up to this expected climax.

Anyways, Chapter 896:
Jodie@Akai: How come you're in the car?? :rofl
I love Agent Camel, poor him thinking he's ruined Akai's plan and life again :(
I wonder what will happen to Kir though. The initiative in this whole ordeal is seems to be set by Bourbon, so it's not like Kir will get any major advantage off this, if at all. Not to mention Akai's reappearance will endanger her life all over again.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

After rereading the recent chapters a few more times, I have a feeling the guys waiting outside Kudo's are paparazzi, not that I know how it would turn out, but that could be one way to end this fiasco without a checkmate for either side... It's just a hunch but (1) the guys don't look all that Japanese to me in 895, (2) there's a guy on the phone, (3) the (possibly) paparazzi van in 896. The guys currently chasing Jodie and Camel have different colour suits (non-black, with guns.) The news flash on Ran's TV also stand out to me a bit, since normally you wouldn't have the award with a random news flash about the same thing, *if* the ceremony were live (but I'm not familiar with Japanese TV so I could be wrong.) Then for whatever reason the thing on TV isn't live, then the paparazzi would make sense as well. If it turned out to be Yuusaku in disguise then it would also kinda make sense (to avoid paparazzi and the like?) but it wouldn't make sense with the voice changer, since there's obviously there's a mic hidden in Okiya's mask, and this Okiya should be different from the 'usual Okiya' (the one whose turtleneck shirt Haibara took an interest in.) There are unusually a lot of panels showing Okiya's right hand and doing things with his right hand, could be a hint to handiness (Akai is left-handed.) Actually I just notice this but the Okiya puts his mask back on with his right hand and supposedly his right hand *only* (he reaches to his left ear with his right hand.) Left hand occupied??

Akai probably hid in the trunk and came out through the back seat, I have no idea why and it sounds a bit stupid lol but hey.

Just a bunch of unprocessed thoughts.

Goral
May 11, 2014, 10:33 PM
@Utsune
If you want to discuss Conan in detail I recommend going here: http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12248#p809629
There are currently over 650 responses regarding this arc.

Akai probably hid in the trunk and came out through the back seat, I have no idea why and it sounds a bit stupid lol but hey.
Or he was at the bottom of the back seat. As for why he didn't reveal himself from the start, probably because it wouldn't be as interesting otherwise :P.

Utsune
May 12, 2014, 04:56 AM
@Utsune
If you want to discuss Conan in detail I recommend going here: http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12248#p809629
There are currently over 650 responses regarding this arc.

Ah yes, I do know the forums at DCTP and DCW and the likes, just trying to stir up something here :p for one reason or another there aren't really anywhere else that remotely talks about DC other than those places, makes me wonder if this is one of those 'niche' series within the western community despite its success... But for now, I'll try to avoid clicking on those forums too much as I would inevitably end up spoiling the recently released 18th movie for myself, which apparently has a little bit of canon content not yet revealed in the manga... :D

ProGoddess
May 19, 2014, 10:49 AM
Chapters 893 to 897 - I have been following this series in "bout". This is probably one of the manga series that I like a lot. :) It's pretty kiddish where children are more intelligent than adults. :teehee

Amuro (aka Bourbon) only used a common and simple trick to lure answer from Camel. What a blockhead! :teehee With a smart deduction, Subaru's real identity got blow away. But Conan still managed to cover it up to distort Bourbon's suspicion. Not bad, Conan! :)

Utsune
May 19, 2014, 12:32 PM
Yes, I like it a lot too :p Been following for at least 17, 18 out of the 20 years it's been serializing, to be honest I can't believe how much patience I have in waiting for the BO boss to reveal him/herself :XD

This chapter (897) is anti-climatic to me in one sense (Bourbon just gives up like that!) but at the same time, there're plenty of revelations. It's funny his real name is Furuya because that's yet another homage to Amuro Ray's voice actor (Furuya Tooru) from Gundam (although they use a different kanji.) Pretty much confirmed he's a government agent, and his underlings giving chase are also on his side (they call him by his real name, and Bourbon says Akai knows their real identities,) but I wonder what role they play within the Org, since it seems they do have contact with the BO judging from the way Bourbon says "he'll do the explanation" after giving the retreat order.

In any case, this arc has come to a major checkpoint, there should be lots of clearing up in the next chapter, and maybe even a trigger to the next big event (I still don't think this current arc has a few more chaps to go!)

On another note, there's a sweat drop coming out of Okiya/Yuusaku in one of the panels where he turns around to look at the TV, probably reacting to his wife's rant about Akai :XD

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

And oh, poor Camel, I honestly feel sorry for him when he actually starts to tear up a bit because he thinks he's messed up Akai's life again. No worries Agent Camel, you're a star in helping to resolve an arc or two with your driving skills! :super

ProGoddess
May 19, 2014, 09:59 PM
You must have started this series when you were a baby, Utsune? :teehee Just kidding! To follow a series for that length of time (17 to 18 years), is pretty long and an unspeakable patience. :) :verily I have stumbled upon this series about 8 years ago by which I watched the anime version of it. It was only after the scanlation group started to go hiatus on translating that motivated me to read the manga instead. Though it was a long journey of following the series, it has been fulfilling as the comical entertainment of the story (& characters) are very much enjoyable. :)

It seems like the author has intention to make his work comes to a conclusion soon. What is being shown would probably be the beginning of it. The Black Organisation is gradually being brought to light with Amuro's identity exposure. However Amuro (aka Bourbon) seems to have a double identity. I am still pondering upon what Subaru's words whom has mentioned that he did not want to be Amuro's enemy. Additionally Amuro has also openly confronted the FBI in a threatening tone and manner. There should be something deeper than that which was unspoken.

I didn't realise about the voice actor for Toru Amuro whose name is Toru Furuya. That's pretty observant of you. :) I have yet to watch the anime for a while now which I will be catching up soon. :)

The poor chap, Camel (I called him a blockhead. :teehee :teehee hmm... he does have a square-looking face though :teehee), his tears have brought forth my sympathy. At the same time I also empathise on his unsophisticated nature. At least he has helped, within his means, to bring Jodie and "Akai" out of danger while driving on a air-leaking tire(s).

I'm surprised and amazed on how Conan could pull off the trick on Bourbon by calling his parents to be part of this act in such a short period of time. I would reckon that the folks are in America and for Yuusaku to fly back to Japan would take about 11 to 13 hours, not considering the time of booking the flight, the travelling time on the road from the location (wherever he was in America) to the airport, and any other time that was taken during this period.

Yuusaku's wife, as always, seems to be very good in her acting and disguise which there is no doubt about it. :)

There is one thing that I'm shocked that Yuusaku and Yukiko did not reacted much to their son's sudden transformation from a 16-year old teen to a 8-year old elementary school kid. The mother even responded with praising how cute her son was and the father remained his composure (Wow! What an interesting parents Shinichi has!) In real life, it would have been a complete lost of words and thoughts to such phenomenon. The kid, Conan, would be a subject for experiments. :gwah

Oh well, a story is a story! :)

Utsune
May 20, 2014, 01:54 PM
I only check out the anime from time to time, main episodes involving Sherry/Haibara actually, because I really like her tone of voice provided by her voice actress lol. Her sarcasm is unreal, and should be observed in form of animation :XD

I think Amuro's hostility has something to do with Date (one of the dead inspectors/detective/whatever his rank was in the police force,) which in turns has something to do with Akai (hence his condolences towards the matter as revealed in this chapter.) I suspect part of the cause of death is due to the FBI's involvement, not only Akai. That's what seems to be indirectly confirmed in their conversation anyways.

About the characters, if you didn't know already, Akai and Amuro/Furuya are both based on the infamous pair of rivals from the very first Gundam series (from 1979!) I haven't looked up on any interviews pertaining this but it's pretty amazing how Aoyama-sensei not only names his characters based on the legendary Gundam characters and their respective voice actors, he also managed to get them to voice his own characters! :D

Basically:
Akai Shuuichi based on Char Aznable aka Red Comet (Akai = red in Japanese), both voiced by Ikeda Shuuichi
Char Aznable's other name is called Casval Rem Deikun (it's spelled Kyasubaru in Japanese ---> Okiya Subaru :teehee Deikun is spelled Daikun, on which Akai's former code name is based (Moboroshi Dai))
Amuro Tooru/Furuya Rei based on Amuro Ray, both voiced by Furuya Tooru
Char Aznable has a little sister called Sayla Mass (on whose name Sera Masumi is based.)

Aoyama-sensei either loves his word plays, or his Gundam, or both :D

That's why Gundam fans already know a long time ago what to expect from these two (three including Sera, four including Okiya) based on their names :XD It's a bit like the author has already spoiled his own story as much as he can for a mystery manga :D

Anyways, Yuusaku and Yukiko are probably shocked of course, and probably would have shown more reaction if we actually saw the moment they learned of this news. But as you say, Yuusaku is super level-headed, Yukiko is just excited she gets to raise her cute little son all over again, so they're just weird after all :XD

ProGoddess
May 21, 2014, 12:52 AM
I have not actually taken note of how the characters' names are created in this series. Now that you have mentioned, it was truly amazing! :) I don't watch a lot of Gundam series except Gundam Seed and Gundam Destiny but it was a long time ago which I hardly recall much details of the stories. You must be a Gundam fan? From what the author has played around with words of names in his series using Gundam characters' names, he is probably a person that has grown up with it and perhaps a fan of it. Gundam is after all his generation. :) It was rather popular during the 70s and 80s, though Gundam series have existed way before that time. Aoyama should be in his 50s I suppose.

I rarely take a strong liking towards the "bad guys" in any series but in Detective Conan, I seem to like Amuro (aka Bourbon) quite a bit. I like the artwork of his feature and skin tone. He is one of the few characters in this series that has dark skin. Pretty unique I must say.

I wonder what Amuro will be planning to do in the next chapter.