PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 260 Discussion/ 261 Predicitons

3c
November 11, 2011, 02:49 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73665-Fairy-Tail-260-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

Len1k
November 19, 2011, 01:37 AM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c260/1.html

260 chapter

ghostexiled
November 19, 2011, 01:54 AM
Good chapter!

Nice way to have the "good" guilds fight each other... have a sanctioned festival that allows them to make a battle tournament of it.

Weird to see that the Dragons have human counterparts in Edo...

Also, money on the festival being interrupted by the big bad. :p

kkck
November 19, 2011, 01:55 AM
I feel like mashima tricked us with this one lol, ignorant little us thinking the old woman was in fact grandine. I did not expect that lol.Who'd have known edolas would be a factor again and again. Anyways, I am kinda glad we are getting to see the gang fight against the other guilds. It will be a good chance to see what the other guilds are capable off. If laxus participates though it should not be that difficult to win, the guy is comparable to gildarts for crying out loud. I would find it kinda strange that other guilds have people comparable to him. Wonder what kinda spells wendy is going to learn though..... This chapter also made me again wonder how exactly a dragon slaying magic is learned. It has to be effectively learned and acquired through training (anything else would mean all forms of DS are comparable to the ones using lachrima). How do they teach kids to perform intrinsic changes to their bodies?

Darjaille
November 19, 2011, 02:40 AM
Lol:lmao So Polyushka is Edo-Grandine? XD It makes sense. But.. lol XD I feel stupid now, this didn't even cross my mind XD

Now maybe dragons actually 'made' their Edo-counterparts come to Earthland and Igneel and Metallicana are in Earthland as well. Well we at least know that Natsu and Gajeel haven't met their parents so far because they'd feel them just like Wendy.

The festival sounds like fun arc. "It's not exactly the battle festival you're thinking it is" "It's hell", does that mean just thay they're monsters in terms of power? Or there's more to it, but the old members were cut off my master and others?

Next chapter...............
The One Magic.
Please, just explain this already, Mashima! :nowei

And I'm still in love with new outfits. Natsu :wub

LoS
November 19, 2011, 02:44 AM
Well, everyone expected it, and now we have confirmation. Training arc.

I wonder how much we will actually see of this 3 month period before the festival. If we hardly seen any of it then all the new powerups would be complete surprises. But, I am thinking in that 3 month period everything might not go as planned. Someone/thing might interrupt them.

Nice way to have the "good" guilds fight each other... have a sanctioned festival that allows them to make a battle tournament of it.

Well, the FT members said it wasn't a cut and dry battle festival, but "hell"

So who knows. But based on Arzack supposedly being much stronger, and Max being much stronger and them getting dead last each year then I am thinking the people participating in the fights or whatnot are extremely strong. Needless to say I believe those 2 dragon slayers from Sabertooth are stronger than the dragon slayers we currently know.

kidopitz27
November 19, 2011, 02:59 AM
now that i think about it maybe the 2 new DS met the EDO-Dragon/human form and teach them about DS magic and maybe those 2 edo-dragon hates the earthland dragons hehehehehe

Newkerzy
November 19, 2011, 02:59 AM
Good chapter!

Weird to see that the Dragons have human counterparts in Edo...

Also, money on the festival being interrupted by the big bad. :p

Yep, I'm putting my money on Tartaros crashing it.

Anyways, so the dragons have human forms/counterparts in Edolas?? that's pretty interesting. I'm interested in seeing 2 of the other Edo dragons if it could happen.

So, a Tournament Arc is in order?? this will be interesting. It feels like the Chuunin Exams, in which we get to see more of FT's universe. Also, on Wendy learning new Sky DS magic, just like kkck said, I'm interested in the process of how a DS learns their magic. Here's hoping we get a glimpse of Wendy's training.

Am I the only one who thinks "Milky Way" and "Daybreak Skypiercing" are actually offensive magic?? or maybe one is offensive while the other is support/healing. I think it's highly likely at least one of those two is the ultimate Sky DS offensive magic, considering Porlyusica's warning to Wendy to not get hurt overdoing it. Perhaps both of them are Sky DS secret techniques like Natsu's Guren Bakuenjin (Crimson Lotus Explosion). One is the secret technique for offense while the other one is the secret technique of healing.

My guess is Milky Way is the Sky DS secret technique for Healing while Daybreak Skypiercing is the secret technique for offense.

I also expect Porlyusica to have a warm relationship with Wendy from this point on as well as Wendy probably sees her as a mother figure from now on. Wendy might probably be able to learn a lot about herbs and drugs from her, throwing away the need to waste her energy too much.

Ifrit
November 19, 2011, 03:17 AM
What can I say.....Looking forward for seeing Laxus & Freed battle.....

This type of tournament ....My wish finally coming true.....Mashima not just going to use all Fairy Tail mages....but every1 else........... ^_^

is it soon for Gray Vs Lyon ???

Lucy Vs Sherrie ???

now....Who the hell gonna fight Jura ??? Laxus ?

LoS
November 19, 2011, 03:27 AM
The problem here with everyone saying "tournament" is that is essentially what the s-class exam arc was, a tournament. It was a bunch of battles of 1v1's and then some even after GH crashed the show. We've seen just incredibly recently a slew of 1v1 fights.

RaveDragon
November 19, 2011, 03:48 AM
Good chapter, Edo-grandeeney i didn't expect that but then again finding one of the dragons like that might have been too easy but at least we're getting closer it seems. Wendy did need some offensive magic so that's good in a way. A training arc is definitely needed for everyone.

This festival is really interesting, I've always been curious about the other magic guilds and this is an opportunity to explain and show most of them, at least the important ones. It could also bring Acnologia here i mean with all the DS gathered (Rogue and sting as well) it might attract that dragon again ^^

At least it'll bring some light on The 3 FT DS's past with Rogue and Sting knowing natsu and Gajeel they're bopund to explain some things if their defeated :/

kakashidad
November 19, 2011, 03:55 AM
Wow i was wrong...but also right,lol.Prolyuska is and is'nt Grandine.Well she's the edo-blah
blah one...cool.That's one way for the writer to keep us well interested and to advance the
story somemore imo.Great issue yet again.Grandine communicated with Prolyuska and
(did grandine not resemble the kyuubi to you too?)pass on a magic that will elevate Wendy
and by default the rest of the lost 7 year crew to new heights...she does have the ability of
support magic,right?Awesome!

Now,the grand festival of magic..or should i say an arena of compititon to determine the strongest
guild is just around the corner..and Ft have been occuping the last rung for the last seven years lol.
This should be interesting.Makarov only had to hear how much prize money was available to give the
go ahead lmfao.I can kind of see how Sabertooth got to be number 1 now...that's gonna
change though,hopefully it'll take at least a year in our reality pmsl.Too many good opportunities
to explore until then.I'm out for abit laters.

Oh,and did somebody say dragonball z lol,it's like maccy dee's i'm luving it lol.:D

RaveDragon
November 19, 2011, 03:56 AM
The next chapter title is one magic? well that means its Lucy story telling time :spaz finally i wanna know what that is ><

wooticus
November 19, 2011, 04:00 AM
So, a Tournament Arc is in order?? this will be interesting. It feels like the Chuunin Exams, in which we get to see more of FT's universe. Also, on Wendy learning new Sky DS magic, just like kkck said, I'm interested in the process of how a DS learns their magic. Here's hoping we get a glimpse of Wendy's training.

well actually it's more like Dragon Ball's Great Tournament of Martial Arts than the chuunin exam...
after all it's gonna be really interesting to see that there are more good guys with some powers than fairy tail. But well... you can bet on the dragon slayers fighting the other dragon slayers.. on gray fighting leon.. and what about erza, lucy & juvia against the trimen? :D

There are some things i'm wondering:
- how many members will compete? Will we only see the main cast or everybody else, who also fought on tenrou island? I think you can bet on natsu, gray, erza, lucy, gajeel, wendy and juvia. But what about Cana? Levy? That max guy has to fight, too, i guess. Romeo?
And most important. Makarov, Mira, Laxus und the Raijin Tribe? We basically got all members involved and they got 3 months of time to prepare. The other guilds being a lot more powerful would not make sense.
At least we now know why gildarts went away again. He's just too powerful..

- Will we actually see a training arc? Or at least a few training chapters? I personally don't think so, but who knows.. Wendy probably getting a huge boost is something neccessarily. From every member of fairy tail she as being still a child would have profited the most of 7 years.

RaveDragon
November 19, 2011, 04:08 AM
well actually it's more like Dragon Ball's Great Tournament of Martial Arts than the chuunin exam...
after all it's gonna be really interesting to see that there are more good guys with some powers than fairy tail. But well... you can bet on the dragon slayers fighting the other dragon slayers.. on gray fighting leon.. and what about erza, lucy & juvia against the trimen? :D

There are some things i'm wondering:
- how many members will compete? Will we only see the main cast or everybody else, who also fought on tenrou island? I think you can bet on natsu, gray, erza, lucy, gajeel, wendy and juvia. But what about Cana? Levy? That max guy has to fight, too, i guess. Romeo?
And most important. Makarov, Mira, Laxus und the Raijin Tribe? We basically got all members involved and they got 3 months of time to prepare. The other guilds being a lot more powerful would not make sense.
At least we now know why gildarts went away again. He's just too powerful..

- Will we actually see a training arc? Or at least a few training chapters? I personally don't think so, but who knows.. Wendy probably getting a huge boost is something neccessarily. From every member of fairy tail she as being still a child would have profited the most of 7 years.

I bet Mashima will put a twist to the tournament though, you know a tournament is old school but he might just change it o something new :D
That battle would be the funniest and easiest win for FT ever :lmao

I think it would be best to show partially the training arc to get people curious and then just show flashbacks of it in the tournament when the time is right. Lucy need a power boost as well though, she really is weak accept for the lucky parts of her fight ^^'

kakashidad
November 19, 2011, 04:22 AM
Lol:lmao So Polyushka is Edo-Grandine? XD It makes sense. But.. lol XD I feel stupid now, this didn't even cross my mind XD

Now maybe dragons actually 'made' their Edo-counterparts come to Earthland and Igneel and Metallicana are in Earthland as well. Well we at least know that Natsu and Gajeel haven't met their parents so far because they'd feel them just like Wendy.

The festival sounds like fun arc. "It's not exactly the battle festival you're thinking it is" "It's hell", does that mean just thay they're monsters in terms of power? Or there's more to it, but the old members were cut off my master and others?

Next chapter...............
The One Magic.
Please, just explain this already, Mashima! :nowei

And I'm still in love with new outfits. Natsu :wub

I'm glad you brought up the the apparent coincidences of the ''edolas arc''.A few chapters ago i mentioned that
i was still looking forward to Mashima,explaining the signifcances of gerad jellah and Mystigan apparent resemblance.
Another poster attempted to answer by query but imo was not seeing the bigger picture...hell i could still be wrong.
But i believe there's more to it than a translation error?

I agree,i think the fesitval DOES sound like fun.And there's the possiblity that it could be interupted.I wonder if the
Masters can get involved too?That would be interesting in my book.I'm going o leave my thoughts about the supposed
title for the next to one side...although i think it's got alot to do with Wendy and what she just receeved...Laters NICE
post.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

I'd just like to add this...where is gajeel/gazille?He's not been seen in at least two issue now?Also
in relation to who will compete from fairy tail.I think it's logical to conclude that ALL members
will be available.Seeing as the what would of been considered the WEAKER members of the guild
are now at a NATURALLY higher level than before.Still i'd wager that Cana for instant still has
fairy Glitter..just like how natsu still has that mad power up Laxus provided to him...on that note.

Even though the core member don't appear to be any stronger.Natsu even though been pushed
by Max,still had enough to put the living fear into him and the spectators...that should of spoke
volumes to some of the detractors imo.:p

ghostexiled
November 19, 2011, 04:25 AM
I really like to see Good guy character be able to fight each other... so this arena magic competition should be pretty interesting.

I just hope that Sabertooth isn't really a "bad guild"... cause that would be too cliche for me.

So did this Great Guild competition just rear up in the time that the main FT cast was missing? Cause they make it sound that way...

I would really also like to see some of the lesser, now older, members shine in this event. Just so we see how bad ass they are in this new timeline.

Like how we saw Max practically own Natsu.

Take the opener page for example... it says that Alzack became a top mage of FT while the main cast was missing.

Would love to see what some magic guns can do... :)

My fear is that in this chapter... most were not in favor of competing.

Btw, might be a stupid question... but I wonder if this festival is open to only licensed guilds or can anybody compete.

kakashidad
November 19, 2011, 04:36 AM
Ghost,i think they were reluctant to compete because they seemed to be embrassed by been placed constantly LAST,
and not really believing in the core members actual strenght..and ability to raise there strenght levels.

Darjaille
November 19, 2011, 04:47 AM
I'd just like to add this...where is gajeel/gazille?He's not been seen in at least two issue now?Also
in relation to who will compete from fairy tail.I think it's logical to conclude that ALL members
will be available.Seeing as the what would of been considered the WEAKER members of the guild
are now at a NATURALLY higher level than before.Still i'd wager that Cana for instant still has
fairy Glitter..just like how natsu still has that mad power up Laxus provided to him...on that note.

Even though the core member don't appear to be any stronger.Natsu even though been pushed
by Max,still had enough to put the living fear into him and the spectators...that should of spoke
volumes to some of the detractors imo.:p

Kana doesn't have Fairy Glitter anymore. Her tattoo disappeared and she commented that 'her rental period was over'. But she should already show something, because she doesn't seem like S-class candidate to me.

I'm also looking forward to minor members' fights, but I'm afraid Mashima can just skip their fights.

Ifrit
November 19, 2011, 04:51 AM
I think Mashima already prepared for 2 wins for Fairy Tail on SaberTooth.....

Wendy Vs (Sky Dragon of Sabetooth)....Wendy win using the new skills got from...that old lady...

Natsu Vs (one of the dragon slayers of Sabertooth) probably the Shadow one...Natsu use Fire-Lightning mode....

kakashidad
November 19, 2011, 05:22 AM
Kana doesn't have Fairy Glitter anymore. Her tattoo disappeared and she commented that 'her rental period was over'. But she should already show something, because she doesn't seem like S-class candidate to me.

Maybe i'm grasping at straws here..but the second panel in this link shows a shadowry area on her right arm,that
could still be what's left of ''Fairy Glitter''this is where my thoughts came from...
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/44682431/18

fcToho
November 19, 2011, 05:36 AM
I really like the appearance of Grandine (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/51926039/10). Looks a bit vicious.

I also like tournaments (loved them in DB), but I fear not every Fairy Tail member is gonna fight. Or at least not with his real strength. :(
Why? There are simply to many too powerful of them. Or they are all gonna win against some fodder mages and then all lose against for example the new dragon slayers.

Can't believe Laxus, Erza, Mirajane, Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Juvia, Lucy, Cana, Fried, Bixlow, Evergreen, Elfman, Lisanna, Levy, Wendy are all gonna fight.

And then the others: Max, Bisca, Alzack, Droy, Jet, Macao, Romeo, Reedus, Nab, Warren.

TOO many.

Makarov won't fight I think. ("Masters aren't allowed to fight" or something like that..)

At least I would like the most powerful members to participate. (Laxus, Erza, Mirajane, Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Juvia, Fried)
But even that... We'll see.

sarutobi_sensei
November 19, 2011, 07:19 AM
Ohhh so Polyusca isn't Grandine from earthland... damn... I'm sad now...

But new magic for Wendy, nice :D Gogo little girl :D

Tournament nice :D But I don't think it's mostly a fighting tournament.

Wanna bet that we won't see their training? Just the results?

But I wanted to see the training... And imo there's a limit to participants as well, so I'm thinking only Laxus, Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy, Wendy, Juvia, Gazille, Cana, Elfman and Levy will participate. Though a maximum of 15 would be nice. Competing in various categories. FT will become the greatest guild again :D

Oh I'm also predicting that Natsu, Gazille and Wendy will meet with Sabertooth's Dragon Slayers before the tournament.

kakashidad
November 19, 2011, 07:47 AM
Ohhh so Polyusca isn't Grandine from earthland... damn... I'm sad now...

But new magic for Wendy, nice :D Gogo little girl :D

Tournament nice :D But I don't think it's mostly a fighting tournament.

Wanna bet that we won't see their training? Just the results?

But I wanted to see the training... And imo there's a limit to participants as well, so I'm thinking only Laxus, Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy, Wendy, Juvia, Gazille, Cana, Elfman and Levy will participate. Though a maximum of 15 would be nice. Competing in various categories. FT will become the greatest guild again :D

Oh I'm also predicting that Natsu, Gazille and Wendy will meet with Sabertooth's Dragon Slayers before the tournament.

I can understand why you've said what you have about not all the guild members will
be allowed to fight,and possible the masters too.However i wonder to myself..why not?
Not only do we NEED to see the development of the rest of the guild that was left behind.
Droy Azsack and the others..but the core members some of whom where already beasts/
monsters..like Laxus,Ezra and Natsu.

But with what Porlyusica has revealed about where she came from.I think that the
signifcance of the edolas arc is starting to dawn on one or two posters...:p

Jackjoker
November 19, 2011, 08:00 AM
the edo-earth stuff is coming and coming. Mashima could lead the story in any direction :

Zeref might be the Edo-Human form of the dragon acknologia, and since the dragon could talk to his edo-human form through magic,also Edo-grandine uses the same magic as grandine the dragon, the black dragon could have taought magics to zeref years ago, and when then time came, others sealed him etc. and also we didnt see edo-zeref. this is just an idea :)

Rowel
November 19, 2011, 08:10 AM
Its 3 months til the tournament
I'll wait to see if Mashima actually shows them training before I call this a training arc.

Thorvardur
November 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Nice! this looks like the Chuunin Exams in Naruto but thousand times more epic!

Can't wait for next chapter. I wanna see how kinda magic Wendy is learning.

Natsu and Luxus will kick ass!

Darjaille
November 19, 2011, 08:49 AM
the edo-earth stuff is coming and coming. Mashima could lead the story in any direction :

Zeref might be the Edo-Human form of the dragon acknologia, and since the dragon could talk to his edo-human form through magic,also Edo-grandine uses the same magic as grandine the dragon, the black dragon could have taought magics to zeref years ago, and when then time came, others sealed him etc. and also we didnt see edo-zeref. this is just an idea :)

Did anyone think of this before? :o
I didn't, so big thanks.

Zeref = Edo-Acnologia?
I could see it, every dragon chose an apprentice, but Acnologia was too proud and decided that he'll teach only someone that isn't lower than he, so Acnologia chose our 'Zeref'.

Ifrit
November 19, 2011, 08:58 AM
Did anyone think of this before? :o
I didn't, so big thanks.

Zeref = Edo-Acnologia?
I could see it, every dragon chose an apprentice, but Acnologia was too proud and decided that he'll teach only someone that isn't lower than he, so Acnologia chose our 'Zeref'.

It's very good idea...but....if it's true and Zeref met the Edolas Natsu.....I don't think "NO WAY" Zeref could refer to Edolas Natsu the only one who can break him....from what Edolas Natsu is all about...he can't even beat Lucy LOL

sarutobi_sensei
November 19, 2011, 09:01 AM
I would think that Natsu could be Igneel from Edolas, if Edolas didn't have a Natsu xD

But the dragons having human counterparts in Edolas is actually interesting. I wonder if we'll ever see Igneel and Metalicana from Edolas.

So Polyusca can communicate with Grandine, but when did that happen. Before or after their disappearance? Cause if it was after, maybe Polyusca could try to contact with her again.

Darjaille
November 19, 2011, 09:02 AM
It's very good idea...but....if it's true and Zeref met the Edolas Natsu.....I don't think "NO WAY" Zeref could refer to Edolas Natsu the only one who can break him....from what Edolas Natsu is all about...he can't even beat Lucy LOL

But it seems like Zeref was then brought to Earthland. Edo-Natsu isn't DS and he probably has nothing in common with the whole DS story. Zeref was obviously talking about Earth-Natsu, if, then he was only born in Edolas and then his story started in Earthland.

The "Edo-dragons" thing opened a lot of possibilities.

Atobe the king
November 19, 2011, 10:05 AM
Really interesting chapter....I've been waiting for an FT tournament arc....every shounen needs one :P. Here's the chance for them to get back in tip top shape....I'll be slightly saddened (but not surprised) if 3 months is enough for them to go toe to toe with all the people who caught up with them from other guilds.

And lol why does natsu know these things about lucy. http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/51926039/14

Newkerzy
November 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/51926039/10

So I was right. One of the 2 Air Magics is an offensive. It's likely that Shouha: Tenkuusen (Shining Wave: Air Drill) is Wendy's DS secret technique like Natsu's Guren Bakuenjin (Crimson Lotus: Exploding Flame Blade). And considering that the secret techniques are finishers and cause massive damage.... Wendy's going to be one hell of a little girl once she learns it.

Milky Way is likely Wendy's ultimate healing spell. Y'know, now that I think about it, Grandine seemed to have never taught Wendy offensive spells, it's as if she expected her to learn them on her own from Natsu and Gazille. The only exception would be her finisher, since each DS's finisher is completely different from each other and can't be copied, like the Roar for example.

Uriel
November 19, 2011, 11:03 AM
The best thing about this chapter was Dragon Grandine. I so love how Mashima draws dragons.

And well, I read somewhere in this forum that a tournament would be lame, but I disagree. I really enjoy a tournament and I like arcs that are not about the fate of the world for a change.

Sollum
November 19, 2011, 01:21 PM
This page felt like massive troll to Wendy

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/51926039/12

I bet she IS Grandine, but can't talk about it. It's like
"Hey i saw you on that movie! You are XXXXX!"
"No... i am... his brother!"

kkck
November 19, 2011, 01:28 PM
Actually, for me the most remarkable thing about the chapter is the title at the end of the chapter "The one magic". This is what hades was looking for, what would have enabled bluenote to use fairy glitter, something which is connected to lucy's mom and ultimately to zeref. Next chapter could perhaps be one of the more remarkable ones we have seen to date.

I do wonder how much natsu and co can improve in 3 months though. The gang did improve a lot before the timeskip (even lucy took out a building sized octopus) however they do have to make up for seven years. The guys who back in the day were as strong as natsu, grey or gazille are by now probably even stronger than erza (ibiki and co, lion and co).... Laxus should be overall fine (unless something happened to his lachrima when he gave power to natsu or something lol).

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Could be but my impression when she was smiling was that she was happy that someone would call her by her real name. I mean, no one calls her grandine nowadays. Besides, wendy did note there were some significant differences between the dragon and her.

GonFC
November 19, 2011, 01:54 PM
I feel like mashima tricked us with this one lol, ignorant little us thinking the old woman was in fact grandine. I did not expect that lol.Who'd have known edolas would be a factor again and again. Anyways, I am kinda glad we are getting to see the gang fight against the other guilds. It will be a good chance to see what the other guilds are capable off. If laxus participates though it should not be that difficult to win, the guy is comparable to gildarts for crying out loud. I would find it kinda strange that other guilds have people comparable to him. Wonder what kinda spells wendy is going to learn though..... This chapter also made me again wonder how exactly a dragon slaying magic is learned. It has to be effectively learned and acquired through training (anything else would mean all forms of DS are comparable to the ones using lachrima). How do they teach kids to perform intrinsic changes to their bodies?

Yes! I think the mashima expect us to think that she was the dragon grandine. It is a good way of making us wondering and want to know what is going going to happen. Somehow, I feel like all the manga authors are always trying to make us think this and that and later reveals that we are wrong or just somewhat correct. lolz!!! Hmm! Maybe they are reading what we posted. lolz!

Jackjoker
November 19, 2011, 02:30 PM
lets start from the beginning
- we saw a dragon slayer who has dragon powers in HUMAN form in the first chapters.
- we saw a fake dragon slayers who are the poison-snake guy and Laxus
- we saw that Igneel and Grandine talked about a dragon meeting , and a dragon king.
- we saw that parfume guy from blue pegasus was a CAT in edolas world.
- we saw that dragon slayers have a history before fairy tail.
- we saw that natsu and possibile other DS from fairy tail was somehow connected to Zeref who can -we assume- summon the black dragon
- we saw Fairy Tail's 3rd great magic which is : from Mavis : One of the three great FAIRY magics , it should be made by Fairies , not Fairy tail
- we saw fairy tail has a secret in their basement
and last we saw that Sky dragon is a HUMAN in edolas world.

a theory from me about this: Magic of ONE

lets assume that we have an another world where dragons, fairies, animals etc. were living happily. and we know that, acnologia does not like humans or consider them as a friend/fellow (whatever u call it). maybe the black dragon got sick about fairies in that world ( assuming fairies rule the world, keep the balance ) and try to convience the other dragons in a specific meeting,but it got rejected and it turned evil and started a battle.
so lets say that, crushing between fairies and dragon(s) - we know just 5(acn.,ign.,gran.,metal.dragon king), but there might be more with black dragon-, (we knew a just breath is able to destroy an entire island) made a big impact on that world and make a gate/path , connected to the earth even maybe edolas and lasty the world was damaged with that battle by the Magic of ONE. and acnologia got espaced and some others followed it to the earth as well as Fairies :)
Here is the part : What if Igneel,Metallicana,Grandine is Natsu,Gajeel,Wendy their dragon form in that world? we know dragon can be human in another world, why not human can be dragon - vice versa :) , Zeref might the again the human form of that black dragon.
And the dragons followed the black dragon to the world, found their human form, and tought them dragon magics, they could teach because they are them. Gildarts told that maybe one day - again it ended :) - , after seeing the black dragon, and also we have the secret
Mavis told that the main aim of FT is in their basement, which might be the key to open to the world , we know Master knew black dragon, so Mavis even Hades might know the black dragon, imo that was the path to the that world like edolas gate, and FAIRIES were guardians of them, and left the job to the fairy tail guild.
And last, Magic of One :
Have we ever seen a REAL DS casted fairy magics? (Laxus is not real DS) , or have we ever seen a little point about Master want to teach fairy law to Natsu? Maybe union of Fairy Magics + Dragon Magics is the magic of one?
What we know that, Fairy law and glitter, has a light includes sun,moon blablabla. why it is not fire or air , imagine a fire condensed and shooted like fairy law :)
anyway this is just a theory.

and laslt, Mashima is an intelligent writer, he connects the dots even from the first chapters. that is an amazing story telling.

1337 haxor
November 19, 2011, 02:36 PM
Edolas?

Yeah...

"I am Grandine's counterpart in Edolas who just happened to have some of the strongest magics my dragon counterpart could taught her pupil and I so totally did not lied to preserve my cover."

Remember people, the DS still have the 80+ old barrier issue so that time confusion is as good as nothing.

That smile she gave after Wendy lifted off really doesn't buy me, to me she is just preserving her cover and using the Edolas deal as distraction.

Still, at least Wendy got her power up inbound while Natsu must control Laxus gift to him.

Gray, Lucy and Juvia must learn something knew whereas Erza, Mirajane and Laxus will kick but because of who they are.

kkck
November 19, 2011, 03:00 PM
There is still one thing that does not fit regarding edo grandine. How does she heal people? If she is from edoras then she should have trouble using magic as people from edoras do not have magical powers within their bodies. This means she should be using magical tools with external sources of magic to heal. We have never actually seen her heal people (it has been done off screen) which is kinda suspicious too. In turn, the fairy folk should have seen her cure people (erza for the most part) and she has never related polyoshuka's treatment to sky magic (or course, she made an eye which perhaps is a different process).

ca12nag3
November 19, 2011, 03:04 PM

Friend of mine said exactly the same (not the movie quote :P) but yea that shes lieing. After all Wendy did not say anything in front of her, yet she sneaks up to them. She didnt have to do so.

exacta
November 19, 2011, 03:07 PM
I was wondering if Zeref used to be evil but long ago he turned good due to the side effects of Nirvana. It seems possible now that maybe this is just the Edolas version of Zeref, and the Earthland one is the real evil one perhaps. Or maybe he's Edo-Acnologia like other people say. Or something else entirely. Alot of possibilities. If Mashima is going to introduce more Edolas people, I hope he doesn't make them exact clones like he did with Jellal and Mystogan, and makes them have distinguishing features and different personalities instead like most of the other characters. I still don't understand what is up with Porlyusica. That old lady is still hiding something.....

And wow, Wendy gets trolled by the whole Edolas thing again.

ca12nag3
November 19, 2011, 03:10 PM
Could be but my impression when she was smiling was that she was happy that someone would call her by her real name. I mean, no one calls her grandine nowadays. Besides, wendy did note there were some significant differences between the dragon and her.

Wendy only noted that she hated people, Yet Grandine loves people. There is no evidence that people from the other world are still here. Btw the disliking/hating people is a facade clearly she loves people. She was upset with a almost dead Makarov.

And the entire thing about her and Grandine existing at the same time doesnt add up either. Dragons can fly...

And! not to forget Grandine talked to Igneel through orb. We never saw her real dragonform. The orb was her in light form or it was her using some kind of long distance phonecall :P

Ifrit
November 19, 2011, 04:31 PM
Friend of mine said exactly the same (not the movie quote :P) but yea that shes lieing. After all Wendy did not say anything in front of her, yet she sneaks up to them. She didnt have to do so.

Yes she had to actually....Grandine asked her to give skill book to Wendy if she ever encounter her...if it's true that Grandine actually contacted her using Magic...since Igneel asked her not to interfere with the humans...she wanted to give something to Wendy...and this is how it's done

kkck
November 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
I was wondering if Zeref used to be evil but long ago he turned good due to the side effects of Nirvana. It seems possible now that maybe this is just the Edolas version of Zeref, and the Earthland one is the real evil one perhaps. Or maybe he's Edo-Acnologia like other people say. Or something else entirely. Alot of possibilities. If Mashima is going to introduce more Edolas people, I hope he doesn't make them exact clones like he did with Jellal and Mystogan, and makes them have distinguishing features and different personalities instead like most of the other characters. I still don't understand what is up with Porlyusica. That old lady is still hiding something.....

And wow, Wendy gets trolled by the whole Edolas thing again.

i have commented on the subject too, it is too much of a coincidence that nirvana and zeref came around at the same period. Odds are nirvana was made specifically to counter the wars started by zeref. I don't think this is another version of zeref. People from edoras cannot use magic as they do not have any within them. In turn zeref was perfectly capable of using magic. I do have my doubts about nirvana ever been used on zeref though, something about that would be weird given what we saw. Zeref was reluctant yet more than willing to start another age of chaos as we saw at the end of the previous arc. Its as if he did not have a choice in the matter. If nirvana had been used on him his behavior would not make sense IMO.

ca12nag3
November 19, 2011, 05:53 PM
Yes she had to actually....Grandine asked her to give skill book to Wendy if she ever encounter her...if it's true that Grandine actually contacted her using Magic...since Igneel asked her not to interfere with the humans...she wanted to give something to Wendy...and this is how it's done

so Grandine just trusts anyone? Take Gerard and his counterpart Myst, both are so different. Would they just trust their counterpart? Also its too convenient isnt it? Also whats the odds of Wendy just popping up at FT? Unless its prophecized she would never encounter her...

Ifrit
November 19, 2011, 07:16 PM
so Grandine just trusts anyone? Take Gerard and his counterpart Myst, both are so different. Would they just trust their counterpart? Also its too convenient isnt it? Also whats the odds of Wendy just popping up at FT? Unless its prophecized she would never encounter her...

Mystogan/Mist-gun...knew about Gerard...but Gerard had no idea about some1 in a parallel world called Edolas that looks like him.......

if you ask me I didn't like the idea of the old lady to be in Edolas....but it's smart from Mashima.....he keep his options open..if he ran out of ideas...he pull Edolas world to give Wendy a power up.....to prepare her to fight the sky dragon slayer from SabeTooth...

but the idea make sense (old lady to be from Edolas)...Mashima showed the old lady relationship with Mystogan (Mystogan who mostly hide from every1 he spoke to the old lady before) he went to her house in Phantom Arc seems they knew about each other....so Mystogan must told her about Wendy...

May I remind you about the Prophecy as well ?...now we know how that old lady know about 3 dragon slayers joining Fairy Tail...it was Grandine who told her that this will happen....so Grandine must knew that Wendy will eventually end up in Fairy Tail...

LnDRash
November 20, 2011, 01:27 AM
lol @ Edo Grandine

Major props to Mashima, excellently done trolling! He fooled everyone and probably is laying on the floor laughting his ass off right now. I love it xD

I bet thats the sole reason why he even made the Edolas Arc... he planned this from the beginning xD

Zeltrax
November 20, 2011, 01:59 AM
Hopefully he doesn't use edolas as an excuse everytime.
Don't have anything to comment about this chapter. Everyone saw the battle royale coming.
Lucy is in sexy outifts again.. and uh, okay so we got a buff/powerup for wendy.
So 7 years of training is now 3 months huh..
Not really expecting much but I'm pretty sure mashima will make them ridiculously strong.
Love the statues double spread, cool but lame name :notrust

My current prediction: Fairy tail will win the tournament.
I don't even have a single percent of doubt :lmao

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I was wondering if Zeref used to be evil but long ago he turned good due to the side effects of Nirvana. It seems possible now that maybe this is just the Edolas version of Zeref, and the Earthland one is the real evil one perhaps.
Now I really hope Mashima won't use the edo plot tool again. An edolas zeref in earthland will be really lame imo.

matzik1212
November 20, 2011, 12:00 PM
Nice chapter!
WoW i couldn't believe how many things have changed this last few chapters :blink ....i actually took a break to wait for more things to pill up and then when i saw a time skip happened it kinda shocked me though in a positive way 'cause i didn't really liked the last arc very much but now this manga started to be interesting again ...i'm very happy :crying (i'm practically crying of happiness):p
Even though it might sound strange i like how the things are right now 'cause like Natsu said it's more exciting if they are the last guild in Fiore ...raising further and further once again against powerful mages make the story more worth watching IMO:^_^ ....so FIGHTTT Fairy Tail! :)

kkck
November 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think we should expect this to be the last time edoras comes up as a plot device. Remember hades? He mentioned magic had its origins in darkness and it eventually became a part of culture? Whether it was actually born in darkness is not important but it is extremely important that there was indeed an origin to it, it was not always there. What are the odds that when magic started in earthland it did not have an influence in edoras? Edoras seemed to have no magic of its own to begin with, in this regard it is extremely likely that the magic there had its origins in something that happened in earthland(specially since the existence of dragons and DS is known in both worlds).

Quantized
November 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
Honestly, the Edolas explanation is reasonable, but damn I'm disappointed. Surely, I'll end up even more disappointed when we "finally" see a dragon in real conversation. It's builded up too much, I found this to be an excellent time to introduce a dragon if only a little, but noooo, it's stretched further, milking the story too much.
It's the same thing in Naruto, Tobi had the mask for too long, I'm not even excited about him anymore, he's plain outright boring, only because he's secret face / identity milked the story too far or in the wrong way for my taste.

Same thing in Fairy Tail, the dragons being gone like this without any "good" foreshadows other than the number 7, really "milks" the story.

I'm pretty sure many don't agree, but meh, I'd want Fairy Tail on a higher level being a more complex story, but this is for kiddo's alright.. Have to bite my tongue and accept it.

Why are there not more good shounen / seinen mixed manga's...?
The brilliant fantasy, creativity, unreal feeling from the normal world of shounen manga's and the story complexity, blood, deaths and extremity of seinen!

I'd love if Fairy Tail was like this, but no more whining, we're supposed to be constructive here :tem
I wonder if I'll be disappointed when the dragons finally appear for real, Mashima, please don't milk it too far! :(

elitefox
November 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
The next chapter is entitled one magic right?

what if the current trend of magic now is "one magic" erza and the rest who don't use lost/ancient/special magic must have been downgraded or such

Tengou
November 21, 2011, 03:48 AM
Alright, so the Tenrou crew has 3 months to brush up their 7-year old skills in time for a big tournament. Honestly, I'm quite pumped to see where this is going, although I feel that Fairy Tail may have to work harder for their victory than usual. A not negligible portion of Fairy Tails's success against Dark Guilds comes from Nakama-power; namely, their close bonds with each other. Not that they are not individually formidable, but since we're looking at a tournament, it is likely we will see a lot of one on one fights. With Fairy Tail solidarity, they can overcome any enemy, but to fight a friend in a competition will require more than just determination; the power and skill that the Tenrou group accumulates over these coming months will dictate whether they have a chance or not, so I'll be looking forward to see just what kind of new powers everybody's gonna get.

hoeru
November 21, 2011, 09:26 PM
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y! The Tenkaichi Budokai is becoming the Fairy Tail version. It was about time that Mashima picks up his roots more openly!!! :D (Fire-Electro DS sort of looks like Gohan SSJ2 in Buu Saga, doesn't it?) My brother isn't really excited and wants to wait how the tournament is structured and what rules may come up - but I'm already hyped as I hope we'll see some former FT members showing up there...

Does anyone else expect a second smaller time-skip? Or do you expect a little training arc? Or a short mission for Natsu, Happy and Lucy?

I'm also curious why neither Gajeel nor Juvia showed up in this chapter...

Jorge D. Dragon
November 22, 2011, 03:32 AM
So we are going to have FT's version of Tenkaichi Budokai... That should be interesting.;)
I hope during those three upcoming months all members will grow stronger, especially those from Tenrou Team.
Also that's interesting turn of events to see that Polyushka is actually Grandine from Edoras. And that's great that she gave those spells to Wendy. She really needs to become more of a challenge in battle.

nichendrix
November 22, 2011, 11:41 AM
I don't think we should expect this to be the last time edoras comes up as a plot device. Remember hades? He mentioned magic had its origins in darkness and it eventually became a part of culture? Whether it was actually born in darkness is not important but it is extremely important that there was indeed an origin to it, it was not always there. What are the odds that when magic started in earthland it did not have an influence in edoras? Edoras seemed to have no magic of its own to begin with, in this regard it is extremely likely that the magic there had its origins in something that happened in earthland(specially since the existence of dragons and DS is known in both worlds).

Hasn't Faust stated that the Dragon that was used as model for Doroma Anim, was so powerfull that he consumed half the magic of Edolas? And the Exceed Queen also stated that since that time the magic of Edolas was simples leaking away, and that one day the floating island will fall?

To me it seems that the Dragon was Acnologia, and maybe it hasn't consumed the magic at all, just transfered to earthland.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

The next chapter is entitled one magic right?

what if the current trend of magic now is "one magic" erza and the rest who don't use lost/ancient/special magic must have been downgraded or such

Maybe Malvis Vermillion has discovered one way to lead to a unification of magic, a way for a mage to use all kinds of magic. We saw that all Fairy Tail masters have domain of lots of different types of magic, we also know that Malvis left something that is the true secret of Fairy Tail, and that we know that the Fairy Magic we have seen by now has some sort of inteligence in there, since they can "read" the intention of the caster, so Fairy Law and Fairy Glitter just works if the caster really believes the target is an enemy, Fairy Sphere only works if you use the power of Fairy Tail member's friendship bonds to protect them against someone that is a threat to Fairy Tail as a whole.

It's just as if the magic was some sort of living ethereal being, that can read the caster's feelings and decide if they will or will not work.

keos2702
November 22, 2011, 04:17 PM
me too and also i wanna know why lucy mom died the same day when the dragons go away

Quantized
November 23, 2011, 07:01 PM
me too and also i wanna know why lucy mom died the same day when the dragons go away

Makes you wonder if Lucy's mother is a dragon and that Lucy might be a half dragon, half human O.o Oki, a bit far fetched :p
But seriously though, for her to disappear same day could be of many reasons, but it's a bit of a coincidence no less, could she be a dragon..?
It's odd Lucy has low magical power though, but who knows what is behind it...

Maybe, just maybe, Lucy's mother is from Edolas as well, and an alter ego to a dragon.

Bigfoot187
November 24, 2011, 04:26 AM
Come on they have Master Makarov one of the strongest of the 10 wizard saints.
He can still probably destroy most of the other guilds without to much trouble
caus since hades is the only other one next to laxus who can use fairy law
Makarov just spams it and kills of all competition :")
and THATS the way they could easily win the tournament :)

kkck
November 24, 2011, 01:34 PM
I don't think lucy's mom was a dragon, I think she was 100% human. Still, the fact that she knew about the magic hades was looking for and died at a similar time to when the dragons disappeared is interesting and she should be at some point deeply related to the plot. Its a shame her husband died, he would have been able to explain quite a bit. I would not put it past mashima to bring back layla in ghost form though.

I don't think they would win the tournament with just makarov. I have my doubts about the master being allowed into the tournament to begin with. I also doubt a single mage would be allowed to participate in many games. There probably will be rounds and the number of times you can participate would be limited to avoid exactly that.

nichendrix
November 24, 2011, 02:29 PM
Why people still think that the Dragons just turned into people?

We already saw they reuniting somewhere in the fringes of the know world, we already saw that the only possibility of this happening was all the Edolas stuff from Porliusica, and why the hell a lot of people think that Layla Heartfilia was somehow a Dragon and that's the reason Lucy has Low Power?

If she was daughter of a dragon turned into human form, she would at least be a major powerhouse on magical power, at least on par with the dragon slayers, since the have to at least be able to compete with power with a Dragon to kill it (the whole concept of Dragon Slayer is a human with the same powers of a Dragon, so if needed they could kill one).

Lucy has low magical power, because magical power is like muscles, if you go into training they grow, if don't train, you're young it develops faster, you age, it decays and you never get back to your prime. Lucy is weak because she isn't like Natsu, Grey, Gajeel or even Happy and Pather Lilly, they wanted to be strong and train for that fighting each other and looking for fights with people stronger than they are so they can improve.

Still she is a force to be reckoned on her field of magic, since she has almost all golden keys, most of her keys she won at battle not buying it or finding it somewhere. So at least she is somehow able to hold herself against most Celestial Spirit Mages around.

About Laya's death relating to the dragons disappearing, that's something interesting to think about, she was on some sort of good version of Hades quest for the One Magic, also Zeref states that whenever an Era was getting to an end, Acnologia shows itself in the world, and Zeref himself awakes. So I think that somehow Acnologia and Zeref are some sort of guardians of this knowledge, and whenever someone is very close to attain it, they awaken and go berserk, trolling around on the world. Probably someone finally get the One Magic knowledge, put them to sleep at the cost of his or hers own life, and a new Era begins.

Since Layla made Caprico promise to take care and protect her family, and that in the end he got in the hands of Hades, I tend to see that probably her death is more related to Hade's quest than the dragons fleeing the world, though the dragons could've gone into hiding because in this quest, Hade might have unknowingly awaken Acnologia.

Ifrit
November 24, 2011, 09:39 PM
Come on they have Master Makarov one of the strongest of the 10 wizard saints.
He can still probably destroy most of the other guilds without to much trouble
caus since hades is the only other one next to laxus who can use fairy law
Makarov just spams it and kills of all competition :")
and THATS the way they could easily win the tournament :)

Why would we assume since it's called Tournament then there will be fighting....not sure...since Bisca told Natsu it's not what he think it is....

so, I'm going to wait till next chapter actually...to get a hint of some rules or something...lets say it was a fighting tournament could be something like Masters are not allowed to participate....

still like you said...the idea of Laxus using Fairy Law...WTF he will erase them all....game over..lets go home...

You guys think if it was fighting tournament...Kana will start using "CRASH" magic ?

nichendrix
November 24, 2011, 09:44 PM
still like you said...the idea of Laxus using Fairy Law...WTF he will erase them all....game over..lets go home...

You guys think if it was fighting tournament...Kana will start using "CRASH" magic ?

With Lightning Fire Dragon Roar, Natsu have a One Hit win too, at least against anything short of a Dragon Slayer.

hoeru
November 24, 2011, 11:37 PM

I actually don't think Fairy Law would work in the tournament since rivals aren't enemies as Luxus' failiure showed.

Kana will most likely stick with her card magic - I hope Mashima shows more of that kind of magic.