PDA

View Full Version : Theory Bonnie is Ace's Mother

dogfood911
November 17, 2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by hokageji
She is named after Anne Bonny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

By Bonny's story, she was the daughter of an attorney William Cormac and his maid Mary.
I know this is going to sound crazy to a lot of people...but I always thought that she had some connection with Ace for a couple of reasons.

First, her character being named after Anne Bonny...do you guys remember when Portgas Rouge (Ace's mom) was pregnant she decided to name the child "Ace" if it were a boy and "Anne" if it were a girl. So I thought for a while that she was maybe Ace's sister...

Then I thought that would have been too crazy because Ace already has a "brother" in Luffy. But I just couldn't give up on the idea of Bonnie being related to Ace. Then I thought about the name "Rouge", it means lipstick, right?

Well, if you look at Bonnie's lipstick closely, it clearly forms a heart...that relates to Ace too because he was captain of the Spade Pirates. They also both have huge appetites...

Then it dawned on me...When Bonnie was watching the war she was crying for Ace. And when she said that this is all "his" fault she was referring to Akainu...

With her age changing ability, I think that it is perfectly possible that Bonnie IS ACE'S MOM!!!

eefrit
November 17, 2011, 12:26 PM
I think it would be safer to call her Ace's sister as you theorized earlier.

kkck
November 17, 2011, 12:49 PM
It'd be interesting if there is a connection between ace and bonnie. I don't think she would be his mom though, that would be far too weird. I think the sister scenario is more likely if any. How about if rogue had the same ability as bonnie? With the ability she could have kept ace's size manageable while he kept him under forced pregnancy. The strain of using her ability for a year non stop could have killed her in the end.

ErosVp
November 17, 2011, 01:00 PM
The question is: would she be only a rookie (supernova level) twenty years after giving birth? And i can't imagine the woman of the Pirate King being no class and with crew full of weak douches..

Geez
November 17, 2011, 01:19 PM
Then I thought about the name "Rouge", it means lipstick, right?

It's part of an expression ("mettre du rouge sur ses lèvres"... put some "red" on the lips) but the word itself doesn't mean lipstick. If you think that way, "rouge" could also mean red wine.

For the crying scene, i thought she was saddened by WB's death 'cause she tried to kill BB aferwards ! :blink

But i like the heart-shaped thing theory, the sister would be more adequate though !

Edit : I just realized she could be angry because that was him who arrested Ace lol

Uriel
November 27, 2011, 12:54 PM
It would be a rare plot device to eat that DF after getting pregnant. And I think it was pretty obvious that She died when Garp took Ace out of there.

A sister, however...Could be. A lover is more interesting :D

matzik1212
November 27, 2011, 01:49 PM
Wow what a complicated theory you thought about :) but i don't think it's plausible at all , i mean this does nothing than complicate things IMO
Bonnie is indeed a mysterious character but honestly i rather believe she was Koala than what you said 'cause, no offense but it sounds pretty unrealistic :^_^

zelllogan
November 27, 2011, 03:08 PM
Oda won't do it in a manga for the weekly shounen jump. It's just too weird. Plus it doesn't make any sense in my opinion

hossice
November 27, 2011, 05:02 PM
Here's another thing for your theory, bonnie is from south blue, and Rouge gave birth to ace in the south blue. could help for either :)

Jdapenao
November 28, 2011, 09:59 AM
Dont think so, she was crying for whitebeard, not for ace and the one she is refering when she said "Its his fault" was Blackbeard, that why she went after him to the new world but got captured instead.

The manga is completely clear on the fact that both of ace parents are dead and that he is the only son, if not the case, why Roger didnt asked Garp to protect her as well?

The connection with Roger is not based on One Piece but outside of of it, based on Anne Bonny (Whos last name is also a bit different from Jewerly Bonney).

Think about it this way:
1. We know that Ace mom is dead, that is a fact already shown in One Piece, both Sengoku and Garp said it.
2. We know that Ace mom said that if it was a boy it would be named Ace, if a girl it was Anne, we can deduct that Ace didnt had a sister named Anne before that, because you simply dont put the same name to a child.

I think is easier to expect Sabo to be alive, which I do actually believe.

And a bigger mistery is to know who is Luffy's Mother

hoeru
November 28, 2011, 12:33 PM
For now I would like to go on a theory about Jewel-chan being Ace's fiancée (sort of) and Whitebeard's (only real) daughter...

I just can't say why I've got that feeling.

Schabrak
November 30, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hasn't Oda mentioned that the Supernova were a quick though of him and developed them in a short time too? Would Oda, who has made up most of the plot beforehand really implement such a story for her? Your theory would complicate things to much Imo.

Rouge was shown to be a calm type with curly blond hair, Bonney is the opposite. Why would she spend 21 years apart from her beloved son, why didn't she meet up with him, why is she so hoggish[as a child and adult]? The fact that Bonney was shown to be eating and dirty is the opposite to what we've seen from her in the flashbacks. Personallity change through a DF, I doubt that.

BlackHair
December 01, 2011, 04:28 PM
Portgas D Rogue pulled the ultimate feat ever by having Ace in her womb for a whole 20 month. With that she sealed her own death. Imo this is the most honourable sacrifice a mother can ever do for her child, i.e. dying to save her own child.

Ace took his mother maiden name in respect for her. Any reviving theory is simply destroying that special bond between Ace and Rogue. For that reason I don't like it one bit. Im sry but I have to shoot this theory flat out down. I would be rly disappointed big time if Oda brought her back.