PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 261 Discussion / 262 Predictions

ghostexiled
November 19, 2011, 01:40 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73665-Fairy-Tail-260-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

sarutobi_sensei
November 25, 2011, 09:08 AM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c261/1.html

Chapter is out, though the translation isn't the best there is.

Haha, they've divided into teams like I thought and went for training. Nice :D

Though Gajille not going with the main team kinda bothers me. Would be fun if he went as well.

So Caprico is going to help Lucy training. Nice :D And Layla talked about the Magic of One being Love? And here I thought it was something else :|

I'm betting that Natsu will meet one of the 2 other Dragon Slayers. I'm really betting on it.

They really need to start training.

I wonder if Gray will be able to use Ur's magic like Ur Tear did. Maybe during these 3 months Ur Tear will appear to Gray and they'll train together or something.

I'm actually hoping that they don't train together. Something like someone appears and helps them train, kinda like what happened in One Piece.

So it'd be something like, Natsu and Happy alone, or maybe with Wendy so she can become a better fighter.

Lucy going on a journey with Juvia and the 2 of them training together. Or maybe even Levi.

Erza training alone or with Gerard, who knows.

Gray alone or with Ur Tear.

Really want something like this to happen. And then they meet in 3 months. And we basically don't see any training, except for the important parts :D

Newkerzy
November 25, 2011, 09:54 AM
All righty.... this chapter pretty much cements Layla's very likely important role in the final arcs. Even Caprico says something about it. Hell, I'd be willing to bet Caprico and some of the other spirits knows more than what they're letting on. They probably at least have a rough idea of what's in store for them in the future but something's holding them back from telling what they really know. I'm even more and more interested.

Not only that, is it pure coincidence that when Zeref is mentioned, Layla also comes up?? it feels like they're associated with each other. I think we'll have some major revelation about Layla in the future.

And I agree them splitting up would be nice. Especially Natsu and Wendy. From the looks of it, one of Wendy's new spells is the secret (offensive) DS technique. So she's definitely gonna need lots of physical and hand-to-hand combat training from Natsu.

kkck
November 25, 2011, 11:46 AM
Ok, not particularly a lot of plot development but still a few things worth commenting on with the chapter.

As far as the magic of one goes, it is not surprising although it still leaves the question of how exactly hades came to be who he was close to his end. Clearly hades did not believe the magic of one to be love otherwise he would have turned completely different. If we take different explanations into consideration then perhaps on a more general level magic can originate from an entire spectrum of emotions. In this regard, love would be but one source of magic (perhaps the strongest one though) and negative emotions could also work. If this is the case then when he reached zeref and saw him as a murderous fuck bent on world domination he came to the conclusion that magic itself is evil and in his quest to acquire the one magic decided to walk into the darkness.

As far as the training goes, it seems lucy is the only one doing something more or less special (wendy too but we already know the implications of what she is doing). If lucy's training is successful the results could be rather on the extreme side. I for one would like to see what happens once a stellar spirit mage goes through a dramatic increase in power. In all odds her stellar spirits should become stronger in a fight and she would perhaps reach a point where she could use two at once. We saw how dangerous this could be when angel did it so she would perhaps be a huge asset here. If she summons scorpio and aquarius at the same time she would actually have control over aquarius lol. If she does get enough magic to summon two spirits at once and maintain prolonged combat then perhaps we would even see her getting keys specifically to combine them with the spirits she already has (sagita with sagitarius, things like caellum and so on....).

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c261/18.html
That page showed something VERY interesting IMO. Take a look at mira. She seems to look a bit like her old self rather than the cute mira we all know. Perhaps lisana being back did have the effect some thought it would and to some degree mira is reverting little by little to her old self. It is unlikely she would turn completely back but seeing something in the middle would be interesting. Perhaps a tsundere thing would be more fun though.

Atobe the king
November 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
Lol, they talk about not being able to catch up...then i see palm trees and knew exactly where this was going...god so much pointless fanservice (sounds like im complaining but im not) at first xD;;;. Seems like its' going to be a typical training arc...people like Erza and the Raijin will do their training off screen for the most part so we can be wowed later at the tournament. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. Ending was pretty funny, is Erza that clueless on female/male relationships or just an exhibitionist....

jacke12
November 25, 2011, 12:17 PM
Is it me or Erza really wanted Natsu join the girls :p :amuse

Atobe the king
November 25, 2011, 12:36 PM
Well...they used to bathe together as children right? And natsu isn't as clueless about girls as the typical shounen hero, found the whole thing funny tbh. It's still weird seeing these lesser members of FT act so big and above the others.

kkck
November 25, 2011, 12:54 PM
^Well, even the lesser members of fairy tail have basic strength above that of natsu and grey at least. Perhaps they would even give erza a run for her money nowadays (natsu should have been able to do that before so....). The fact of the matter is that grey and natsu are not strong by today's standards. Heck, those of his generation who did not get frozen and had some talent (say, leon) would probably already have long surpassed people like erza (who had a few years over them).

Seeing the developments though, I get the impression we were seeing a sort of generational gap during the first part of the manga. Basically we were seeing kids getting the strength to take their part in the world. I do find this whole thing weird though, wouldn't natsu and co still be strong among people their age?

Atobe the king
November 25, 2011, 01:01 PM
I'm looking at it this way....if those guys are above Natsu and gray...are we to believe they could have taken on Ultear, or Zancrow, or any of the other boss characters natsu beat...i mean sure natsu always gets help in the end but...eh. I think mashima could have handled this a bit better. The enemies getting stronger sure, but the nobodies in FT having the strength of their S rank candidates is weird. And i believe Erza said a serious natsu is stronger than her.

Ifrit
November 25, 2011, 01:45 PM
No waaaay fairy tail is written for kids...lol...this chapter....

nothing important IMO here....the only one thing I was interested in is the first page...where it shows that the tournament is more than 1 on 1 fights....Pic shows more than one mage trying to lift all that weight for as long as they can....

so it test strength that we know now...

Rarhyx
November 25, 2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c261/13.html
wendy with glasses? woot!

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c261/20.html
i dont know when i laughed so hard like this time

LoS
November 25, 2011, 01:59 PM
Well, this chapter wont go over well with quite a few readers, lol.

At least not the non-perverse and those over 14 years old.

Skyguardian
November 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
Awww Wendy... So jealous at Erza's body... XD
Still Mashima loves Lucy... otherwise he wouldn't draw her almost anked body that much...

But well. chapter was good for a change... no tension. I just missed Romeo and the rest (Raki?) Maybe they renovate the old building? Would be great.

We'll see how long that goes. I bet not more than a few weeks. The tournement (I call it the Malympics from now on) will start very soon. Maybe with the new year.

kidopitz27
November 25, 2011, 02:53 PM
fan service is fan service :P

looks like this chapter is just fan service and some blabbering about #1 magic

RaveDragon
November 25, 2011, 03:20 PM
All righty.... this chapter pretty much cements Layla's very likely important role in the final arcs. Even Caprico says something about it. Hell, I'd be willing to bet Caprico and some of the other spirits knows more than what they're letting on. They probably at least have a rough idea of what's in store for them in the future but something's holding them back from telling what they really know. I'm even more and more interested.

Not only that, is it pure coincidence that when Zeref is mentioned, Layla also comes up?? it feels like they're associated with each other. I think we'll have some major revelation about Layla in the future.

And I agree them splitting up would be nice. Especially Natsu and Wendy. From the looks of it, one of Wendy's new spells is the secret (offensive) DS technique. So she's definitely gonna need lots of physical and hand-to-hand combat training from Natsu.

yeah i really always thought there would be a connection between layla and zeref plus i thought it rather convenient lucy never actually noticed zeref when she was fighting with Kain and it made me suspicious :/

pretty much the most important thing mentioned was layla and her knowledge (and that training she undertook) it makes me belive even more she was no pushover ^^

im not surprised as to what Lucy said about the one magic, it makes sense, its cutesy but love is not easy ^^' though maybe i hoped there would be something more ><

MyuuMyuu
November 25, 2011, 04:23 PM
I really liked this chapter! Nice to see Lucy do some training. it looked cool. And i like how our animal-like main hero actually shows interest in girls bathing. I was surprised.

Nonlife
November 25, 2011, 06:12 PM
Well, besides the regular factors in a FT chapter (copious amount of cleavage & hilarious shenanigans) this chapter wasn't that entertaining; but I guess I'm getting ahead of myself b/c I have a feeling the tournament won't proceed normally like it has in the past. (I'm thinking it'll get disrupted just like the Chuunin exams in Naruto.

And i like how our animal-like main hero actually shows interest in girls bathing. I was surprised.

Yeah, and the fact Natsu peeked when he knew Lisana wasn't there made it even MOAR surprising. :o

hoeru
November 25, 2011, 08:58 PM
(I'm thinking it'll get disrupted just like the Chuunin exams in Naruto.

You mean like both of the last Tenkaichi Budokai that were in Dragon Ball manga?

Askia32
November 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
Wow, from reading Hunter X Hunter to this. A chapter that was suppose to be about training is nothing but pure fan-service. I would feel more serviced as a fan if the chapter was actually good. The most annoying part is, I really wanted to be upset, than I read the last page and couldn't help but to laugh. Dang it.

ghostexiled
November 25, 2011, 11:59 PM
So we all know by now that Mashima loves his half naked ladies....

Please DO NOT post about your inapporiate thoughts on the fan service, cause it will be deleted!!

I created a special slot in the poll for those that just need to express their love for this chapters Fan Service... so lets leave it at that.

Also lets keep the comparing of mangas to a minimum please... this thread is to discuss FT, not other mangas.

Thanks!

Darjaille
November 26, 2011, 01:22 AM
Well, I for one I'm really okay with the explanation of one magic:
It has the power of beating anything, yet it's so fragile.

Everyone can have their own explanation of it. Hades probably thought it's something different, Layla/Lucy have their explanation. I think it fits very well with the story, because yeah, in Fairy Tail, it's friends, love and emotions that make you win.

Good that Lucy knows her weakness. And that it's Caprico who's training with her. I'm sure we'll see her surprising everyone at the Tournament.

Also, the Tournament isn't going to be all fights. I kind of expected it. I think the last/most prestigious discipline will be fights though.

And I wonder if Erza asking Lucy if they should invite Natsu means something :plot:plot:plot
:XD

I hope guys enjoyed the fanservice...

LoS
November 26, 2011, 01:55 AM
Also lets keep the comparing of mangas to a minimum please... this thread is to discuss FT, not other mangas

I haven't done this yet, but there seriously is something I MUST get off my chest. (probably beaten to death already)

FT has a 7 year timeskip, Naruto has a 3 year time skip, they both had training arcs right after. It didn't work well at all in Naruto, don't know why Mashima figured it would work in FT. Confused

that is all.

exacta
November 26, 2011, 02:58 AM
Why would FT even need to train in the first place when they've already overcame several stronger enemies through friendship lol?

Yeah this manga is for kids, sure, lol. Couldn't understand translation very well, but the "one magic" is love? Ugh....

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

You mean like both of the last Tenkaichi Budokai that were in Dragon Ball manga?

And let's not forget the S-Class Exam lol.

nichendrix
November 26, 2011, 03:25 AM
No waaaay fairy tail is written for kids...lol...this chapter....

I'm brazilian and kids here almost no one short of a perv would look at Fairy Tail and starting think perv stuff first (after the third page is quite impossible... hahaha)... but we see biquini girls around even before we can talk... hehehehheeh

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

One thing that stuck on my mind on this chapter is that Lucy's training and her conclusion that one magic is in fact Love... and I tend to think that it's emotions no love, almost makes me think of the Star Wars stuff, you know, both Jedi and Sith Codes, are based on emotion, Jedi seek peace and harmony so they get their strength on the Force (magical power) from helping people and trying to be detached of strong emotions, even love on a personal level, since love leads to jealousy and so on. Sith is the other side, Strong emotions gives you power, the stronger, the more power you got. Their training also evolves around being able to feel the power of the force on the world around then.

If this is how the one magic works, it would be quite interesting to see Lucy's improvements on her Mage Jedi Trainning.

Zaresh
November 26, 2011, 08:09 AM
Is iit just me or Gray has a new scar on his body? There, where he hurt himself in the combat against Ultear. It's a scar, isn't it? Dude, at this rate he's going to be like a map.

Ancy
November 26, 2011, 08:37 AM
last panel..just wondering how Droy got his ass injured...literally

hoeru
November 26, 2011, 08:52 AM
What I fould really really nice in this chapter was, that Levy helped Wendy with her text...

BTW: How come people are complaining about the ladies - but not the half-naked guys?

last panel..just wondering how Droy got his ass injured...literally

Dropped the towel and turned to get it... ?

Manta33
November 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
it's cuz Droy's haevy arse hit the concrete...i feel his pain..sob

Uriel
November 26, 2011, 01:07 PM
Wow, from reading Hunter X Hunter to this. A chapter that was suppose to be about training is nothing but pure fan-service.
This. Although HxH makes me feel the same with almost every other manga out there.

Anyway, this chapter was boring for me. The only interesting part was really short. I really like Caprico and Celestial Spirit and I also think that they are hiding some info.
Isn't there any myth about Golden keys at all? I mean, sure Dragon Slayer are pretty unique but so far having the 12 Golden Key seems to me way more interesting. Maybe only then Zodiac King will be summoned and able to tell something to Lucy.

Krono
November 26, 2011, 02:23 PM
Out by Mangastream:

http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/84404117/1

I'm looking at it this way....if those guys are above Natsu and gray...are we to believe they could have taken on Ultear, or Zancrow, or any of the other boss characters natsu beat...i mean sure natsu always gets help in the end but...eh. I think mashima could have handled this a bit better. The enemies getting stronger sure, but the nobodies in FT having the strength of their S rank candidates is weird. And i believe Erza said a serious natsu is stronger than her.

Well, for starters Natsu sparring < Natsu in a serious fight. Beyond that, given the reaction that Max and the others had to Natsu's lightning-fire roar, I'd say the best comparison for Max's strength is Blue Pegasus's Ren and Eve from before the timeskip. Both of them were readily able to dispatch half a dark guild like Natsu and Gray were. But they were apparently somewhat less durable, and Natsu at peak was blasting an entire dark guild out of his way with one shot so they probably were not as strong as Natsu at peak even without considering outside power sources.

Also, in general I doubt everyone has improved as much as the Fairy Tail nobodies have. Max isn't representative of the new basic level of power for an unremarkable random member of a random guild, Rather he'd an indication that the number of people that would provide Natsu and company with a serious challenge has risen.

I haven't done this yet, but there seriously is something I MUST get off my chest. (probably beaten to death already)

FT has a 7 year timeskip, Naruto has a 3 year time skip, they both had training arcs right after. It didn't work well at all in Naruto, don't know why Mashima figured it would work in FT. Confused

that is all.

Well, there are a couple of differences. For starters I doubt we'll be spending much time in this "training arc" as compared to other series. Judging by the side comment that MS finally translated again, planning for the upcoming arc is probably the only reason we're getting one at all. As for the specific comparison to Naruto, the difference would be that Naruto's time skip occurred for everyone, and was supposed to have been spent training by everyone. So for anyone to require training shortly after it is kinda "Huh?" For Fairy Tail on the other hand, all of the main and secondary characters were in stasis for the time skip. Leaving the number of people on their level to increase, and people that were on their level to rise above them. So it's not particularly surprising that they'd spent some time to try and catch back up to the people they think of as their contemporaries.

Is iit just me or Gray has a new scar on his body? There, where he hurt himself in the combat against Ultear. It's a scar, isn't it? Dude, at this rate he's going to be like a map.

Yep, good eye. New scar for Gray.

Kuzumikun
November 26, 2011, 02:57 PM
Loooove this chapter! i hope lucy gets stronger! the training part and the one magic talk makes sense since love is something obtainable but not easy to get.

Lee-tyme7
November 26, 2011, 05:20 PM
lol, did anyone get hot when Erza ask if they should invite Natsu to join them? If he was Gerald I don't think she would've said that so does this mean Natsu is her boy toy? XD.

TemplateR
November 26, 2011, 06:26 PM
After re-reading the chapter, I thought that Lucy didn´t know much about her mother as a stellar. Or did she already now it from the beginning ?

Quantized
November 26, 2011, 07:23 PM
The vote poll surprised me a bit, Mashima did give an explanation of the chapter afterall, so not so disappointed, it just means much better quality chapters / arcs in the future :)

"A word from Mashima - It seems like the next arc for Fairy Tail will have an incredible number of characters... I'm still in the planning phases, but it seems the scale will be akin to a compilation of everything and everyone up until now... I'll try my best!"
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/84404117/12

First off, I like how Mashima actually talks to his fans, it gives his manga a lot of personality, and it gives the reader the feeling he cares for his readers.
Also, think about what he said... A compilation of everything and everyone...? what...? everything? everyone seems normal, but what exactly is he planning by saying everything. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the arc seems to be much grander than just an arena contest. Maybe something similar to the manga Shaman King's contest, but in Fairy Tail all old characters will get a new touch.

Not much happened in this chapter, but it's still a good one for the laugh & entertainment :)
Nevertheless, it also pulls the breaks before a huge complex arc picks up, which is a nice touch by Mashima I think, it gives him room to do something amazing without we feel too much has happened in a row.

Can't wait for the next chapter, they slowly started training, it might get more serious from this point onwards :)

Ifrit
November 26, 2011, 08:28 PM
The vote poll surprised me a bit, Mashima did give an explanation of the chapter afterall, so not so disappointed, it just means much better quality chapters / arcs in the future :)

"A word from Mashima - It seems like the next arc for Fairy Tail will have an incredible number of characters... I'm still in the planning phases, but it seems the scale will be akin to a compilation of everything and everyone up until now... I'll try my best!"
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/84404117/12

First off, I like how Mashima actually talks to his fans, it gives his manga a lot of personality, and it gives the reader the feeling he cares for his readers.
Also, think about what he said... A compilation of everything and everyone...? what...? everything? everyone seems normal, but what exactly is he planning by saying everything. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the arc seems to be much grander than just an arena contest. Maybe something similar to the manga Shaman King's contest, but in Fairy Tail all old characters will get a new touch.

Not much happened in this chapter, but it's still a good one for the laugh & entertainment :)
Nevertheless, it also pulls the breaks before a huge complex arc picks up, which is a nice touch by Mashima I think, it gives him room to do something amazing without we feel too much has happened in a row.

Can't wait for the next chapter, they slowly started training, it might get more serious from this point onwards :)

I agree....for me Mashima one mistake is not using all the cool characters he created....I always say that most of the characters in Fairy Tail can have their own "SERIES" their own Story...

TAKE UR TIME MASHIMA LOOKING FORWARD FOR MORE COOL CHARACTERS

@ Zaresh nice observation there....it was hard for me to notice this detail...Gray new scar on his body from the fight against Ultear

in my defense it was difficult to notice as a "GUY" with all the bikini and boobs...LOL

I trust Mashima in using all the mages now in Fairy Tail....making it more than a fighting tournament....

even the ones with no magic suitable for battle will be used:

Race : Fairy Tail "Jet"

Zeltrax
November 26, 2011, 10:11 PM
Why did I even bother having my expectations up..seriously?
Why did I..
forget it.
You know what, everytime I put my hopes up that ft will actually be serious for once, this happens.
This..is the training arc?!
I'm disappointed and the blow will be even more severe if fairy tail wins the tournament because of this kind of training.
Get your act together, Mashima. I know you love your bikinis and onsen woman but..this is like 7 years of fanservice thrown at me.
Only thing I like is "Love" being the one magic. Yeah, I believe that love itself is magic. Sure is corny but its the truth.

Would be good if next chapter skips the 3 months and get to the tournament day.

kkck
November 26, 2011, 10:18 PM
Ok.... so what are the odds of the mage contest not getting attacked by a dark guild considering everything? I guess not so high considering any attacking guild would have to face the entire magical might of fiore.

I do wonder, why would such a contest would be allowed? Perhaps after the fairy tail/phanton war the council decided an outlet to deal with rivalries was preferable?

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Why did I..
forget it.
You know what, everytime I put my hopes up that ft will actually be serious for once, this happens.
I'm disappointed and the blow will be even more severe if fairy tail wins the tournament because of this kind of training.
Get your act together, Mashima. I know you love your bikinis and onsen woman but..this is like 7 years of fanservice thrown at me.
Only thing I like is "Love" being the one magic. Yeah, I believe that love itself is magic. Sure is corny but its the truth.

Well, we didn't actually see training. We saw the beginning of their training at the end of the chapter and that was it. I doubt we will see most of the training if any at all. I guess the gang just needed a break after beating up a dark guild and dealing with the lost time. I would think they really will train for the next 3 months. The thing that does bother me is that mashima intends to make the gang catch up to the world after seven years in 3 months.

Krono
November 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
Ok.... so what are the odds of the mage contest not getting attacked by a dark guild considering everything? I guess not so high considering any attacking guild would have to face the entire magical might of fiore.

I do wonder, why would such a contest would be allowed? Perhaps after the fairy tail/phanton war the council decided an outlet to deal with rivalries was preferable?

Yeah, odds of a dark guild attacking is low, and dark guilds definitely won't be participating. Remember, legal guilds essentially have a free license to beat the crap out of dark guilds, and if/when the council forces show up, it'll just be to arrest the dark guild members.

As for why the contest was allowed, probably because it allowed for a concrete way to determine relative guild ranking. Also, make a contest that's limited in how combat oriented it is, and you can keep a guild like Fairy Tail that's primarily combat oriented and leans towards raw power over skill from getting the number one spot.

kkck
November 27, 2011, 12:43 AM
^I don't think the guilds just have free license to beat the crap out of dark guilds.... Remember that last council meeting we saw recently? They were thinking of comparing the whole thing to a guild war. Perhaps it is not outright illegal but it is at least frowned upon.

Ifrit
November 27, 2011, 03:19 AM
^I don't think the guilds just have free license to beat the crap out of dark guilds.... Remember that last council meeting we saw recently? They were thinking of comparing the whole thing to a guild war. Perhaps it is not outright illegal but it is at least frowned upon.

Actually they do....the only reason Makarov did not want Fairy Tail to go alone against Oracion Seis is because then only "Fairy Tail" will be targeted by all the dark guilds...

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Not gonna happen...."Stars Song" sound like a filler chapter.....

+ a side note from Mashima telling that he is still working on the characters for this Arc....so don't expect anything good to happen soon...

Don't be soo -ve about the coming tournament .....it's the first time Mashima decided to use more than just 3-4 mages to beat the bad guys....it's gonna be good....

Black Void
November 27, 2011, 05:21 AM
lovely chapter - nice break before it will rumble xD and boobs bonus :D

Atobe the king
November 27, 2011, 01:06 PM
Why did I..
forget it.

-Why would you have expectations for a training arc in general, not since dragonball have i found a training arc even funny much less good.

-Surely you didn't think this glorified fanservice chapter was representative of a training arc.

-FT is serious when it needs to be, whats all this bs about kids manga when it was obvious from the get go what the target audience is, i thought we were over this.

-His manga is doing well and I'm sure he's pretty successful, no need to "get his act together" unless the anime and the games (a new one on the way btw) are being canned, and his manga is in danger of cancellation, if thats the case please do enlighten me.

-the love thing is cool, ensures villians wont ever get it do ho ho

-Even if he skipped it, you'll get it in flashbacks, you can never avoid the training from hell

matzik1212
November 27, 2011, 01:28 PM
I can say i enjoyed this chapter but i never would have expected to see Natsu sneaking to peep on the girls :rofl it was so hilarious but now i guess i'm relieved to see he also thinks about this type of things :thumbs for Natsu being a man
Well we can say that this was like a little introduction to their training session so from next chapter i think things will become more serious and the struggle to become stronger will be obvious so it's better to enjoy the happy times like in this chapter :tem

Atobe the king
November 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
Well yeah, I thought everyone was aware we wouldn't be jumping into the time chamber/making 1000 clones who learn/fighting your zanpakuto/etc just yet. I'm just hoping for "interesting" training. The stuff they were doing seemed pretty basic except for Lucy and Wendy.

Krono
November 27, 2011, 08:50 PM

I'd say that was only because it was Fairy Tail, and the guy was looking to find as many faults with them as possible. Also it was only an issue because they took out a major dark guild with potential for retaliation from other dark guild allies.

Meanwhile, Erza's and company smashed Eisenwald, and Erza got a slap on the wrist for the collateral damage. Fried and company felt free to trash another dark guild just for insulting Fairy Tail. At the start of the Oracion Seis arc, Juvia made mention of her and Gajeel destroying several dark guilds while they were part of Phantom Lord. The minor dark guilds under Oracion Seis didn't even warrant a thought when the council was talking about the matter, and just a few chapters ago the two DS from Sabertooth were finishing up with trashing a dark guild.

That's a whole lot of smacking down dark guilds for it to be frowned upon by the council. Plus it's the smart thing to do from the council's stand point to allow legal guilds to attack dark guilds. It spares them much of the effort, leaving their role to largely just clean up/arrests, and the knowledge that defying a council order to disband will make an enemy out of all the legal guilds instead of just the council will make a number of people think twice about sticking with such a guild.

-Why would you have expectations for a training arc in general, not since dragonball have i found a training arc even funny much less good.

Well yeah, I thought everyone was aware we wouldn't be jumping into the time chamber/making 1000 clones who learn/fighting your zanpakuto/etc just yet. I'm just hoping for "interesting" training. The stuff they were doing seemed pretty basic except for Lucy and Wendy.

Yeah, personally I'm still not sure why some people seem to have been lusting after a training arc so much. Mashima isn't a big detailed mechanics person. So it was pretty much never going to be like Hunter x Hunter, or Naruo training where it's all do this with your nen, or that with your chakra.

Furthermore a lot of people seem to forget that Natsu and company are, for the most part, not rookies. Luffy was just setting out upon his grand adventure and starting to gather a crew. Naruto was just graduating ninja school. Ichigo was just handed shinigami powers. Gon was just setting out to take the hunter exam. With the exceptions of Lucy and Wendy, Natsu and company had been making a living working as wizards for 6 years to 8 years, and garnered a fair amount of fame to go with their power.

More importantly for the matter of training, their chosen styles are long since learned and developed. They don't need to be taught fundamentals of their power, nor is their move set empty and in need of being filled with abilities they've never had a chance to learn. Which leaves them with primarily just their basic magical strength and stamina to work on. The exceptions of course being Wendy whose training ended when she was 5, and is now just 12 and learning to use her power offensively, and Lucy whose only been working as a mage for about 6 months and has been adding powerful keys are a rate which surpasses the strength, stamina and experience she needs to effectively use them.

So I expect we may see more specific training, but if it's probably not going to be what people calling for a training arc were wanting. This is more a situation that calls for a training montage rather than an arc.

ca12nag3
November 28, 2011, 04:33 AM

What about the stone pulling? Thats so Dragonball :D For me personally it was a fun chapter with nothing special except maybe that Caprico is teaching Lucy. FT isnt designed as a blood sweat and tears training/fighting manga. We get to see who went where and even a glimpse of Mira in her more or less older design, indicating shes reverting more to her original self with Lisannas return. (i suspect this was always the planning as far as Mashima plans ahead lol).

All in all i agree with everything Atobe said. Its pointless to bicker over something like this, all in all its just 1 chapter 1 week, next week half of you may be worshiping it again.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 28, 2011, 08:50 AM
The chapter was pure fan service. I hope the next chapter weäll finallz get straight to the Tournament. We donät actuallz need to see the training. If there will be some major and important points about it weäll see them in flashbacks during the Tournament.

P.S. During the discusion I saw plenty of people talking about if those members of FT who were not in Tenrou Team, but now are about Natsu level can take down such guzs as Zancrow. I actually don't think so. The thing is that at least for me Tenrou Arc showed FT being the strongest legal Guild, but Grimmore Heart was shown to be not only the strongest Dark Guild, but also the strongest overall.
I would say that the only reason FT won against Grimmore Heart was a big asspull.
1. They had help of their Sacred Ground and especially Tenrou Tree.
2. Frinedship asspull during Elza against Azuma fight.
3. And the most important was during the last fight against Hades.
And in the end they won only because cats accidentally destroyed Hades's Heart, otherwise he would have prevail.
So, I believe that Grimmore Heart (of Tenrou Arc perioud) would be strong even for this timeline. Especially such people as Urtear, Azuma, Rusty Rose, Meredy, Zancrow and of course that guy with gravitation, because he was at about Gildarts level or maybe a bit lower.

hoeru
December 01, 2011, 02:19 PM
P.S. During the discusion I saw plenty of people talking about if those members of FT who were not in Tenrou Team, but now are about Natsu level can take down such guzs as Zancrow. I actually don't think so. The thing is that at least for me Tenrou Arc showed FT being the strongest legal Guild, but Grimmore Heart was shown to be not only the strongest Dark Guild, but also the strongest overall.
Grimoire Heart was strong - but absolutely not the strongest Guild of all. They had the surprise on their side, they had knowledge about the enemy terrain - and still lost. If Natsu was able back then 7 years ago to defeat Zancrow mostly on his own, what makes you think, the the Max from X791 wouldn't be able to defeat the Zancrow from X784?

I would say that the only reason FT won against Grimmore Heart was a big asspull.
Sorry, but this is nonsense.

1. They had help of their Sacred Ground and especially Tenrou Tree.
And Grimoire turned this against them.

2. Frinedship asspull during Elza against Azuma fight.
Elsa pushed herself back up. She remembered how her friends helped her up until to that moment (Eisenwald? R system? Fantasia? Oración?), and that it's now her chance to pay the debt back. And that was the part that gave her the power to bring Azuma down, aside from Azuma being weakened by his own magic.

Just like Goku helped Gohan when his Kamehame Ha pushed over Cell's... The only difference is that Elsa's friends weren't dead.

3. And the most important was during the last fight against Hades.
And in the end they won only because cats accidentally destroyed Hades's Heart, otherwise he would have prevail.
And the cats were sent to destroy the GH power core before they even started to fight Hades. It worked as planned.

So, I believe that Grimmore Heart (of Tenrou Arc perioud) would be strong even for this timeline.
But this is no other timeline. It's the future of the regular one with no option to get back into the past since all of the time travellers accepted their journey into the future.

Especially such people as Urtear, Azuma, Rusty Rose, Meredy, Zancrow and of course that guy with gravitation, because he was at about Gildarts level or maybe a bit lower.
"A bit"?! Gildarts PUNCHED him off the island. Physical strength only, after he simply crushed the Black Hole. Bluenote was overhyped by fans who wanted Fairy Tail to be defeated and are now saying things like "asspull" to describe their disappointment over the fact that the story didn't went the way they wanted.

llamapie
December 01, 2011, 11:32 PM
As usual the ero inside me is awoken by FT. Lucy should have said yes, but then again I guess that would remove this from shonens. Its already borderline as is.

Anyways pretty cool how everyone is training. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time Mashima has shown Natsu training right? So no more random power ups; we can at least attribute it to something.

Jorge D. Dragon
December 02, 2011, 08:53 AM
hoeru
1. If you know I'm FT fan. And my favourite characters are Natsu and Gildarts, but still it doesn't change the fact that FT's victory over Grimmore Heart was an asspull.
2. Grimmoire Heart only negated FT's advantage after FT defeated the majority of Grimmoire Heart and 7 kins in particular. Actually at that moment only Azuma and Urtear were standing.
Elsa pushed herself back up. She remembered how her friends helped her up until to that moment (Eisenwald? R system? Fantasia? Oración?), and that it's now her chance to pay the debt back. And that was the part that gave her the power to bring Azuma down, aside from Azuma being weakened by his own magic.

Just like Goku helped Gohan when his Kamehame Ha pushed over Cell's... The only difference is that Elsa's friends weren't dead.
Elza's victory over Azuma was actually the biggest asspull in the history... Especially that Azuma had literary more power than Makarov in his best state and Elza won only because of her bonds. That's a real nonsense. I do love FT, but that is the purest example of bad writing.

But this is no other timeline. It's the future of the regular one with no option to get back into the past since all of the time travellers accepted their journey into the future. I totally don't get your point here.
Also, even though I like this manga and I like its heroes, especially the ones from FT, asspull is an asspull and bad writing is a bad writing. It's actually the same with Lucy all the time.

"A bit"?! Gildarts PUNCHED him off the island. Physical strength only, after he simply crushed the Black Hole. Bluenote was overhyped by fans who wanted Fairy Tail to be defeated and are now saying things like "asspull" to describe their disappointment over the fact that the story didn't went the way they wanted.
It wasn't with his physical strength, but with his Crash Magic with which he destroyed Black Hole. He also won only because Tenrou Tree was reversed in his normal state by Ultear, thus making a booast for FT members.

Ifrit
December 02, 2011, 09:08 AM
I don't want to get into the "Azuma Vs Erza" discussion, but I do agree with "Jorge" it was an ass pull....it's the worse fight in FT..no way a fight in the future will suck more...

although Azuma used a magic that wasn't his in the first place using the Island magic that support FT against them,....did not work actually, because when he tried to hit Erza the 2nd time it didn't do any damage at all....(this is more likely Mashima idea more than ass pull "maybe"

I hope we get an early chapter like last week...I wonder if Lucy gonna summon "Lyra" again for this "STARS SONG"...

Edit: Gildartz vs Bluenote wasn't that bad...the only part that sucks it did not last long or Mashima didn't give it enough pages......I hoped to see Gildartz in a good fight before he leaves the pages again....

I know for sure we will not see him...until it's time for "Ivan" to make his move against Fairy Tail....It will be the "Old geezer" 2nd big entrance...

Falcor
December 05, 2011, 05:23 AM
What makes a chapter great or not depends primarily on expectations. If you're expecting plot development, then this chapter isn't going to sit well with you. However, if you're expecting loads of humor mixed with an over-abundance of fan service, you're definitely in luck. Going by the chapter poll and the bulk of comments, it appears the latter group holds the majority. I'm not saying that the few naysayers are wrong by any means, since everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I admit it's a bit annoying to have little to no plot development at times. However, any longtime readers of this series should realize by now that this is just par for the course.

Would be good if next chapter skips the 3 months and get to the tournament day.Be careful what you wish for. :jk (Sorry, couldn't resist)