PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 262 Discussion

3c
November 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73779-Fairy-Tail-261-Discussion-262-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

Bludvein
December 02, 2011, 09:06 AM
It's out, but...talk about a disappointment....

I give up, I really do. Mashima has repeatedly blown his chances to make the cast stronger in favor of fanservice and deus-ex-machina.

Ifrit
December 02, 2011, 09:14 AM
link please ?

rosco12
December 02, 2011, 09:17 AM
Link
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c262/2.html

Well, it seems we won t have to go through a training arc, but instead jump directly to the tournament. Might not be such a bad thing considering how they were planning on training (meditation, strengh and reading). Now, I guess next chapter will be an intro to the participant, probably of the same kind Grimoire heart was introduced, and in 2-3 weeks we get the real starts to the tournament.
Quite a long wait...

Ifrit
December 02, 2011, 09:35 AM
mm...ahh...mmm...well he said he's creating new characters and getting ready...I won't mind showing us the rest of the FT...maybe a small story on anyone other than just spirits...nothing special in this one...

see you guys next week "PEACE"

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

It's out, but...talk about a disappointment....

I give up, I really do. Mashima has repeatedly blown his chances to make the cast stronger in favor of fanservice and deus-ex-machina.

Gajeel....Laxus crew...Mirajane crew....they trained...but the ones sent to the spirits world no need to be trained...

Natsu already willl use the Fire-lightning mode to win ...this one is planned

Wendy....new skills....win is planned.....

for the rest it might be a little bit help form here n there....we just have to wait and see...this tournament is more than 1 on 1 fights....

Darjaille
December 02, 2011, 09:41 AM
This is called tri-trolling. First, it's Spirit Realm crisis, then it's the celebration and then the timeskip.

:rofl

It was good to see Loki again >< and Juvia and Aquarius.
Oh and my image of the King is destroyed now. He'll never be the epic character I thought will appear when Lucy calls all the 12 Golden Spirits or something.

Now we jump into fights again. The start made me hope we'll get something on Layla... Well...

Ifrit
December 02, 2011, 09:55 AM
Oh and my image of the King is destroyed now. .

I agree 100 %...from here till next week..I think everyone will be complaining about this Point

Layla,Dragons history...if this revealed it will be like the end of Fairy Tail, Layla part will be explained in Zeref Arc..I got this feeling Zeref has a history with Layla,

Some1 cast a spell on Zeref to make him value the meaning of "Life"..I say Layla did this....

Krono
December 02, 2011, 10:22 AM
Might not be such a bad thing considering how they were planning on training (meditation, strengh and reading).

And that's part of why I face palm at people repeatedly calling for a training arc. That's pretty much all a "training arc" was ever going to be.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Oh and my image of the King is destroyed now. He'll never be the epic character I thought will appear when Lucy calls all the 12 Golden Spirits or something.

This is pretty in line with what we saw of him when he showed up while Loki was in danger of dying.

Sollum
December 02, 2011, 10:37 AM
Training chapter - TROLLED
Mini arc to save celestial world - TROLLED
3 months have passed - TROLLED

Mashima feels like Aizen....

hossice
December 02, 2011, 10:44 AM
hahahahahahahahaha *reaction to chapter*

I for real thought they were going to train there, I was like "ohhh" then bam "nope" yes win. xD

Newkerzy
December 02, 2011, 10:55 AM
This is called tri-trolling. First, it's Spirit Realm crisis, then it's the celebration and then the timeskip.

:rofl

It was good to see Loki again >< and Juvia and Aquarius.

Now we jump into fights again. The start made me hope we'll get something on Layla... Well...

Well, I think the King is more like a Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass type. Don't worry, I'm betting that when Lucy does summon him, we'll see his badass-ness. I hope....:-_-

kidopitz27
December 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
just 3 letters for this chapter "WTF"

on the other hand is Mashima doing this so that if they fight on the tournament they get pawned then they will think of something and "BOOM" power-up? this is getting lame every week :P

exacta
December 02, 2011, 12:02 PM
Training chapter - TROLLED
Mini arc to save celestial world - TROLLED
3 months have passed - TROLLED

Mashima feels like Aizen....

After the S-Class Arc I've come to the conclusion that even Aizen can't troll as hard as Mashima lol.

Thank GOD the Celestial Spirit Zone wasn't another hyperbolic time chamber training device. I felt so unbelievably trolled when I read that panel at the bottom of the page. The fact that it totally screwed them over is hilarious, it's pretty funny that Mashima made fun of the whole concept.

I don't care that we don't really see FT train. Let's be honest, when have they ever needed to? They've always beaten opponents that were much stronger than them with friendship. Why do anything different just because they've been gone for 7 years?

wooticus
December 02, 2011, 12:05 PM
Congratulations, Hiro Mashima. You just opened one hell of a plothole.

What about spirits having to go back to the celestial realm to regenerate? So basically if Lucy calls them every 3 months, they were able to rest for about one day?
When Aquarius told lucy to not call her for two weeks, because she is on holidays with her boyfriend? That's half a day now in the spirit world! And when they gave the welcome party, they basically haven't seen lucy in 28 days! Seriously, this is more than trolling. I feel like he was high when he wrote that chapter.
First they make tremendous improvement in basically two days.. so someone can think they never ever trained once in their lifes.. and then they just vanish for 3 months.

thanks god we still have raijin tribe and team Mira + Gajeel. If those trained as good as the other the first day we can now say officially hello to Erza, Grey, Natsu and Lucy - Fairy Tail's Weakest Team.

The one and only reason for this mini timeskip to happen i can see is bringing gajeel back on a level with the other dragon slayers after he sucked hard in the tenrou island arc.

Naruffy
December 02, 2011, 01:08 PM
Reading these posts after reading the chapter is making me laugh so much. I like that the we're getting to the Tournament sooner, but what was the point of setting up the training arc if it was just going to be skipped over like this? It sucks that the main characters didn't get the 3 month of training while every other character did, don't really see what he's trying to achieve there.

frozen18ice
December 02, 2011, 01:41 PM
the chapter was so funny, 3 months just disappeared.
levi got a book tho in the process that could help her with her magic
wendy got two new moves from grandine
natsu can still do the fire ligthning combo
gray could possibly be able to use time arch...mybe
erza always a power house with costumes
lucy have the guidance of caprico now
plus they are improved in 2 days of semi training partying
but still ironic that they lost all that time partying cant believe how much they are penalized by a few drinks lol
cant get over the ending:p

benelori
December 02, 2011, 01:46 PM
This chapter:XD...I never post here, but I had to do it this time...this is just pure comedy, and you can tell the author is seriously in love with his manga:lmao....people upset about this chapter...you shouldn't, just enjoy it...personally ima go back and give it another read....

At the beginning I was thinking what the hell is Lucy doing "training" in bathing clothes:tem...and then the so called "crisis" :rofl...

Mashima is really something to just pull out something like this, but give him a break, he's been publishing 20+pages chapters for weeks with colour pages...he needed this party as well:D

masgrande
December 02, 2011, 01:58 PM
The moment they started thinking 3 months was enough I knew something was going to go wrong, but I never expected this:XD.

kkck
December 02, 2011, 02:42 PM
lol, just when we thought natsu and co would get a boost lol. Anyways, I think the highpoint of this chapter was actually seeing the stellar spirit world. When else would such a place have been introduced? The place overall was quite fantastic. It seems as if the place was simply overflowing with magic to say the least, it would even seem like the crystals around were magic in lachrima form. Interestingly, we saw a lot of other stellar spirits. Cygnus, wolf, sagitta, chameleon and more than I would care to identify. Lol at natsu not wanting to eat crab and lamb lol.

Anyways, another remarkable feature of the chapter is that the box lucy got as a birthday present was seen once more during the song. Further confirmation that she got another stellar spirit key although as much as I tried I could not find piscis or libra among the spirits shown. I guess this is a plot hole left intentionally so as to avoid showing the spirit before a fight.

Now, there is one more problem to be addressed here. That is the fact that no one on the gang got any training. This is a huge issue, one that could not possibly be solved normally. I just can't imagine what the gang will do in the contest with no improvement whatsoever. This is the reason I think mashima will have just staying in the stellar spirit world providing everyone with a magical boost of sorts. Maybe it will be because of the amount of magic there, maybe because of the food but I think having stayed there will provide them with a magical boost of sorts. Without something like this, the gang will get simply outclassed during the magical competition.

Gats
December 02, 2011, 03:15 PM
The moment they were asked for help, I thought : "wow unexpected, so this is how Mashima want them to loose their time ?"

Then the party : "wtf, trolled twice. Wait, sounds like a trap or something, maybe the Stellar spirits are infected by something, they just can't invite them like that, a new arc has begun. I should expect some kind of passive training during their spellar adventure."

Then when they began to have the idea to train in the stellar spirits's realm : ":fail...I..I see."

So random, really Mashima pulled it out from nowhere to justify this but it was well orchestrated. xD

Atobe the king
December 02, 2011, 03:52 PM
I lol'd good job making me laugh Mashima, stay awesome. Trolling the fanbase is something i would love to do if i was a manga artist. I'm just going to tell myself these are just breather chapters while he thinks up some more villains and the like...lol.

Raicrune
December 02, 2011, 04:08 PM
Congratulations, Hiro Mashima. You just opened one hell of a plothole.

What about spirits having to go back to the celestial realm to regenerate? So basically if Lucy calls them every 3 months, they were able to rest for about one day?
When Aquarius told lucy to not call her for two weeks, because she is on holidays with her boyfriend? That's half a day now in the spirit world! And when they gave the welcome party, they basically haven't seen lucy in 28 days! Seriously, this is more than trolling.

I think kkck's post is the answer:

Now, there is one more problem to be addressed here. That is the fact that no one on the gang got any training. This is a huge issue, one that could not possibly be solved normally. I just can't imagine what the gang will do in the contest with no improvement whatsoever. This is the reason I think mashima will have just staying in the stellar spirit world providing everyone with a magical boost of sorts. Maybe it will be because of the amount of magic there, maybe because of the food but I think having stayed there will provide them with a magical boost of sorts. Without something like this, the gang will get simply outclassed during the magical competition.

It could be that the spiritual world is full of magic and the spirits get their powers boosted back in a few hours already. Which could also mean the fairy tail gang's magic is a bit improved like kkck said.. atleast i hope..

Anyways.. the weird thing about this 1 day=3 months skip was that capricorn should have known about the 3 months training.. unless lucy didnt tell him so he should know this party isnt gonna help with the training. Which is the reason i think the fairy gang got power boosted.

Epic_Rider
December 02, 2011, 04:45 PM
This is classic. Fairy Tail has always had some good comedy, but this is something special. 3 months of their life gone partying. Keep up the excellent work, Mashima.

Ancy
December 02, 2011, 04:53 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed this chapter. I guess I like being trolled :)

sarutobi_sensei
December 02, 2011, 05:28 PM
Nice they went to the spirit world. This makes me think that Natsu's normal clothes aren't normal at all. Or maybe it was just his muffler that protected him when he grabbed onto Virgo.

Nice to see the Spirit King and lol @ Aquarius's and Juvia's interaction xD

Damn 1 day = 3 months? xD We've been trolled xD

And now they have like 5 days to train xD

This will be fun.

Rowel
December 02, 2011, 05:41 PM
crap.... hahaha.... what a bad chapter
well, juvia and aquarius will make a good friends....And looks like we just lost our hope to see any development in Tenrou's team....
so they will just do something shounen-like in the tournament... some random power-up maybe??

disappointing chapter. :(

Uriel
December 02, 2011, 06:00 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
I deeply enjoyed the last phrase of Mashima: "With their power increased by 0" xD But we have 5 days then to learn everything they need to learnd and others (Laxus, Mira, Gajeel) did had 3 months of training.

I'm interested (REALLY INTERESTED) on the book that was taken from the Spirit World. I wonder if it has some cool power on it.

exacta
December 02, 2011, 06:09 PM

I can think of a solution. Friendship.

I could see Mashima pulling some BS like the Celestial World giving them a boost though.....

hoeru
December 02, 2011, 06:13 PM
Please check your sense of humor (humor is absolutely a huge part in shounen manga afair, and you'll need them to get through real life too). But on the other hand - if people keep calling everything here and there an "asspull powerup" no one should really be surprised that people constantly do nothing but spreading bad mood... I feel much more trolled here in forums then reading the last 262 chapters of Fairy Tail including omake chapter.

It was an excellent chapter. The funniest shonen bit I've read in the last MONTHS, much funnier than most of the omake stuff Mashima did. I mean, not even Oda made me fell off the chair in the FMI (after Luffy jumped on something soft in the dark). Training arcs suck ass - thank every single god in history humankind praised, Oda and Mashima skipped them.

Oh, BTW: Many different Plues? So many object spirits? So many animal spirits? And what was the book Levy was allowed to take? (Not going to follow this thread nor this forum - it's useless.)

Rarhyx
December 02, 2011, 06:22 PM
hahaha nice chapter
mashima is the bigges troll :D
i cried when i saw plue again T_T

i'm still laughing bout this chapter.

Razh
December 02, 2011, 06:26 PM
I don't know, to me it seemed pretty obvious what was going to happen the moment they started partying in the spirit world. It's like I've seen it somewhere but I can't quite remember.

Anyway, from eagerly expecting the mage tournament, I now fear of more "friendship" and "bonds" overload. For crying out loud, why couldn't you just let them train Mashimaaaaaa? (I'm the type of person to farm my ass off in RPG-s, before big events.)

On the other hand, they were getting a little too strong and, since the fights in the beginning of the manga have been the best, with our heroes struggling with every move they make, I guess it could turn out good. As long as there's no "friendship" bombing. Fairy Tail cooperation can be better expressed with deeds than with feelings.

fairiehearts
December 02, 2011, 06:39 PM
This chap was hilarious and totally unexpected. I'm actually glad that they skipped the training arc haha but it would have been interesting to have a save celestial world arc =) Wouldve gotten to know more of the spirits and it would have given me more loki =D

Well the others have trained so FT winning the tournament isn't entirely loss especially with Gajeel, Laxus and Mirajane. And Erzas already a beast.

In reality though the whole thing with the 1 day = 3 months gives loop holes to the whole dating thing in the celestial world, and how they can only show up specific days of the week.

BlackHair
December 02, 2011, 07:18 PM
After a few weeks of break, Im back with FT, since the past weeks its been only Toriko, Beel and Naruto as weekly manga which keeps me entertaining. I started reading couple of weeks ago, but didn't feel like posting. I didn't read the chapter completely, skipped almost 10 pages or sth (middle part), since Im waiting for the MS release. Anyway, Im still not over the fact how Mashima handled Hades, but no point in bringing that up.

About this chapter, Im rly glad that Mashima (like Oda) skipped the training part. I cant stand them, I rather see the progress in the fights, wth less explanation. However since the group skipped their training time, I predict more "friendship boost wins". And Im pretty sure I will be upset about that, but no point in complaining, since it seems this will be the way how Mashma will handle his fights in this manga. So I will do my best to make peace with that.

Regardless I did not think this was funny, rather a "hmm...ok" chapter, but Im not upset, disappointed or whatever, just not impressed or amused. Not even feel like trolled, because ever since Tenrou arc I have now a low opinion of Mashima and thus don't care much as I used to do. I guess Im only reading to kill time, with no real expectations. But I still hope he can pull me back on the usual FT track with the upcoming arc. But because of that, I could only give this chapter a max rating of 2 *.

PS: About the upcoming arc, I think they are like the Olympic games, just with magic. I don't expect many fights there, rather a tournament with various disciplines.

Lee-tyme7
December 02, 2011, 09:22 PM
LOOOOOL!!! How many of you were dumbfounded at the end? O_O... I guess this is what happen when you slack off. haha! The gangs are probably weaker than the other teams. To my surprise Jet & Droy was still at the beach for 3 whole month waiting? Don't they have training to do? I actually thought they were onto another arc before the tournament and saving the spirit worlds. This chap was good for a laugh.

frozen18ice
December 02, 2011, 09:31 PM
i wonder if the last two zodiac are in the possession of lucy's father his mother and father where from the same guild, plus it makes so much sense that he would have libra a check and balance type of zodiac it fits well with the whole money thing.
the gift box that w as shown and somebody mentioned it.
gay wearing the torus sign on his cape and him not being naked it ironic he would have died in the celestial plane. and plu being so attached to him is it because they are made of snow Libra and Pisces 5 days of training is better than a month arch of it
juvial being so connected to aquarious will benefit lucy a lot in using her in battle
i wonder what happen to levi and juvia in the last pic only natsu grey, erza lucy and wendy are on the floor would be funnier if levi was drowning in juvia

ghostexiled
December 03, 2011, 05:54 AM
This should be common knowledge by now... but...

If you are going to post something... DO NOT post bashing/flaming comments directed towards either the series/characters/author.

You are more than welcomed to post your thoughts on how disappointed you may be with something... but resorting to these lower measures that I have just stated will cause your post to be deleted.

The point of posting is to either start or continue a discussion relating to the thread topic... not to state how you are finally going to stop reading. Comment(s) like these do nothing to add to the overall discussion and basically are just ways to bait people into an argument.

Nothing is great and nothing is perfect... and if you feel either stands true, post about it.

But BE CONSTRUCTIVE ABOUT IT. :)

Thanks!

Quantized
December 03, 2011, 06:05 AM
Please check your sense of humor (humor is absolutely a huge part in shounen manga afair, and you'll need them to get through real life too). But on the other hand - if people keep calling everything here and there an "asspull powerup" no one should really be surprised that people constantly do nothing but spreading bad mood... I feel much more trolled here in forums then reading the last 262 chapters of Fairy Tail including omake chapter.

It was an excellent chapter. The funniest shonen bit I've read in the last MONTHS, much funnier than most of the omake stuff Mashima did. I mean, not even Oda made me fell off the chair in the FMI (after Luffy jumped on something soft in the dark). Training arcs suck ass - thank every single god in history humankind praised, Oda and Mashima skipped them.

Oh, BTW: Many different Plues? So many object spirits? So many animal spirits? And what was the book Levy was allowed to take? (Not going to follow this thread nor this forum - it's useless.)

Oh hell yeah, if only everyone thinks like you! I laughed my ass off when I realized 3 months had passed and saw their reaction, seriously, hilarious....!

Besides, what do people want? Training arcs suck..? Clearly. But what about the spirits..? It was an awesome way getting them back so Lucy don't have to waste pages after pages after summoning each and everyone of them where they would ask where she had been all this time... isn't it better to make a chapter reintroducing them all? Quick, effective, and no need for explanations when they're summoned in future battles !
Do people really want repeated explanations or wasted panels on every summon saying welcome back..? I don't atleast... It's a huge waste, then rather an epic chapter that to boot made me laugh my ass off!

Even better, I like stories where effort has to be put into winning, I hate training arcs, and I hate unrealistic plots and/or powers been pulled out of nowhere... Yet, I still think Mashima balanced this Perfectly. Fairy Tail may be at the bottom right now, the lowest ranked, but remember they had stronger mages, they just didn't "wish to fight" ... remember Natsu "almost" got a beating in thier duel a few chapters back.
Also, the main cast are back, Fairy Tail is far from the weakest guild...

So yes, where are people's humour, no less common sense? Fairy Tail is not far behind, it wouldn't be an asspull to grow in 5 days and during the tournament, especially not as someone else pointed out, the book given to them by the spirits, and the dragon notes.

Come on now, I laughed my ass off, lets enjoy this chapter :)
I also liked how Mashima played with our minds, making us think they had to go save their world and then it was a party instead, it atleast made me totally unguarded, I never saw the time difference coming, even if it could have been obvious, Mashima succeeded in removing the focus from it, and for that, he deserves plus points in writing skills :)

k-dom
December 03, 2011, 06:15 AM
Hum I think this chapter was the ultimate answer from Mashima to the readers who don't like his style
So you don't like nakama power up, you don't like deux ex mashima and don't like my heroes always winning.
Well, you thought they still had 3 months to train and power up normally : mega troll chapter :-)))

RaveDragon
December 03, 2011, 06:34 AM
Its was a funny and good chapter normal, i would say epic if it wasnt for the fact that no training or rather training for just 5 days doesnt feel enough...or this just shows that Ft members are inhumane :hee

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Oh and it seems here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/62823557/17 mashima is giving importance to the present daddy sent, i hope its a momento from both her father and layla, seems to me though for some wierd reason that Layla could be alive

zelllogan
December 03, 2011, 06:54 AM
I have to admit that it made me smile. I was hoping to not see the training but I didn't expect no training at all. I also fear the "friendship power" all over again. But even so, we don't know what kind of tests there will be at that tournament. I doubt it will be 1vs1 death-battles

Naruffy
December 03, 2011, 11:22 AM
Accidentally. Voted bad when I meant felt trolled. I think it was a funny chapter, heck I was almost dying laughing l but I would of preferred some progress made. And there is still the other characters who did some training, maybe it's a chance for them to shine. Depending on what Mashima has planned for the main characters, this Chapter may be really good in retrospect. So I'll keep my hopes up for now.

ErosVp
December 03, 2011, 12:51 PM
I voted "felt trolled", but this was the best troll Mashima made. Since it was a funny troll XD

Rarhyx
December 03, 2011, 02:51 PM
at leats laxus and gazeel trained for 3 months :D

BlackHair
December 03, 2011, 02:59 PM
Well Laxus with his feats, doesn't rly need to train. Gazeele on the other hand did quite poorly on Tenrou Island, if we compare his performance with Natsu, Grey. I hope Mashima does some justice for him.

shuha27
December 03, 2011, 03:19 PM
I love how the characters and readers got trolled. Enjoyed this chapter!

One thing that disappoints me is that I was really hoping to see an arc about the Stellar Spirit World being in trouble. This chapter just destroyed all my hopes.

kkck
December 03, 2011, 05:39 PM
How about a poll to vote on whether being on the stellar spirit world will somehow boost the magical power of the gang lol? I really can't imagine caprico screwing over lucy this much lol.....

Ifrit
December 03, 2011, 11:50 PM
Mashima already done with the power up I think...

Laxus, Mirajane, Gajeel teams trained and ready...

Natsu & Wendy got some new tricks....

Levy got this book probably about her magic "Solid Script"

Lucy ----whatever in this BOX her father left for her....

Erza is already strong no need for power up here....

Only ones left is Gray+Juvia....I don't think Mashima will go this far...Gray got power up from eating the food in Spirits world...

Juvia....maybe she won't get in a fight...her challenge will be something other than fighting....

Darjaille
December 04, 2011, 04:21 AM
^Aquarius will use her own energy and help Juvia, forming the uberawesome water attack >.< Juvia won't have problem with being swept.

They still have another ~4 days (then traveling, maybe?:D) and if they could feel they power going up in just one day (pre-Spirit World tour), they can train a lot in those 4 days... but to expect them to catch up to other guilds, that's probably too much XD

matzik1212
December 04, 2011, 05:43 AM
Kyahahahah This chapter was super , it was one of the most hilarious out there :)
I was a little surprised at first 'cause i thought "here's finally a way for everyone to get insanely strong together" but it seems Mashima likes to mess with us ;) ....I must say i never expected that king of the spirit world we meet that time when Loki had to return to the celestial world was this type of guy :rofl
Overall i liked the chapter and it was obvious this was the thanks of all the celestial spirits for Lucy who went through a very hard time 'cause of her father and also for all the group that was on Tenrou Island .....they deserve happy times like this after all the suffering they went through the previous arc :nod ...though it's a shame the 3 months time passed in an instant but this is also so that they can became stronger while being in the tournament after all under situations like these they exceed al expectations :^_^

exacta
December 04, 2011, 05:47 PM
How about a poll to vote on whether being on the stellar spirit world will somehow boost the magical power of the gang lol? I really can't imagine caprico screwing over lucy this much lol.....

Wow your right...one minute Capricio is trying to train Lucy then he completely screws everyone over.

Ninja_Pirate
December 05, 2011, 02:59 AM
I guess all the stellar spirit were just too excited about the welcome party or thanksgiving .. whatsoever.. and thus forgot to mention and not even thought themselves about the time thing .. lol,,, :p

Tengou
December 05, 2011, 04:09 AM
Trololololo. The Spirit King should have put on another kind of grin. This chapter made me lol a lot. I'm glad that when Mashima is offered the choice of doing something fun or doing something formulaic and seen as necessary, he usually goes for the fun route. Still, I would wager that this did not happen without reason. Still, don't worry, guys. The weaker Natsu and group are while entering the tournament, the more exciting it will be. And who knows how weak they really are. They still got five days for some last minute training, depending on how long it takes for the mages of Fairy Tail to make it to the tournament grounds. Usually, Natsu improves best while he's in a real fight, anyway. I still think he needs to get his ass kicked good once. There's always time for training once the tournament is over.

And indeed, being in the Spirit World quickly replenishes the power of spirits. Who knows what happens when humans go there... Maybe, as is said before, the group may have found their magical power drastically increased.

Falcor
December 05, 2011, 06:09 AM
Getting trolled never felt so good! And after that last chapter, too....

How about those stellar spirits? Either they have a very sadistic sense of humor, or they had everything planned, right down to the conveniently timed mini-time-skip. Of course it could all be attributed to Mashima being unable to resist poking fun at several manga tropes, as well. If only more "training arcs" were half this entertaining. Or brief. :XD

Ifrit
December 05, 2011, 07:15 AM
Getting trolled never felt so good! And after that last chapter, too....

How about those stellar spirits? Either they have a very sadistic sense of humor, or they had everything planned, right down to the conveniently timed mini-time-skip. Of course it could all be attributed to Mashima being unable to resist poking fun at several manga tropes, as well. If only more "training arcs" were half this entertaining. Or brief. :XD

I don't think Mashima was aiming for a "Training Arc." . He just needed some time to create the new characters for this coming event. With this mini-time skip. I think he's DONE or almost done giving this 5 days time remaining.

kkck
December 05, 2011, 11:17 AM
Another funny thing, lucy now owes 3 month worth of rent lol. That was probably accounted for though.

hoeru
December 08, 2011, 05:35 AM
^ no, she was set to be off for three months either way, so she probably already paid the rent.

prediction:

fairy tail won't become no.1 with participating the budokai and the training will make mirajane be become as strong as elsa again.

Ifrit
December 08, 2011, 12:18 PM
^ no, she was set to be off for three months either way, so she probably already paid the rent.

prediction:

fairy tail won't become no.1 with participating the budokai and the training will make mirajane be become as strong as elsa again.

I'm not sure about how a 3 months of a training will make a difference in terms of power...

It's not direct, but It always shown the Older mage is stronger...except Makao n Wakaba.........

I would like to see what the results of this training...I hope Lisanna will become stronger..

What on my mind the most is who is the leader of SABERTOOH..

hossice
December 08, 2011, 05:22 PM
I wonder if any of the teams that trained will look different as well. :3 If they do Gajeel better look badass still -.-

Sollum
December 09, 2011, 07:30 AM
263 out on manga stream =?

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/1

i wonder why 263 spoiler thread is closed =?

ErosVp
December 09, 2011, 08:16 AM
263 out on manga stream =?

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/1

i wonder why 263 spoiler thread is closed =?

I just PMed the admins thornofcarrion, 3c, Charlie and Benelori are to open the discussion thread... They are all off right now, so we will have to wait to see who will read the PM first. XD

wooticus
December 09, 2011, 09:02 AM
seems that we didn't get trolled. we got trolltrolled this time. So while all the other FT members trained for 3 months natsu and the others just are just ulteared-up?

well i still don't totally believe this. erza is smelling something. maybe getting access to that second container of magical power has some high risk involving, something like: if you use up that second one, you die.

On the other side. It's said that haded taught the 7kin the lost magic - so he could also perform it. maybe he performed that improved time arc on himself to get as strong as he was?

Apart from all that. I don't fully get how arc of time can awaken some hidden power in you.

i don't want to come up with it again. but raising your power by accessing some hidden inner power? Well, that smells A LOT like dragon ball z again... Maybe Ultear will also perform a 72hours dance.