PDA

View Full Version : Discussion If Oda made each character an animal..

perroloco
November 25, 2011, 01:16 PM
What do you think each would be?
I ask because of a recent picture included in a WSJ issue which apparently has a figure of Luffy as a Monkey (Well.. MONKEY D. Luffy)

So the obvious characters are:

Strawhats:
Luffy Monkey
Nami A (black) cat
Chopper Reindeer/Tanooki (You know Oda likes to make fun of this)/Human (Because of its fruit)

Revolutionaries:
Dragon I imagine he would be represented as a Dragon.. Like Luffy being represented with a monkey.
Kuma Bear

Shichibukai:
Dracule Mihawk Hawk duh
Crocodile Crocodile duh
Do Flamingo Flamingo duh
Gecko Moria Gecko duh
Boa Hancock Boa duh
Jinbe Whale shark.. not completely duh

World Government
Rob Lucci Leopard/Pigeon..
Kaku Giraffe
Jabra Wolf
Blueno Door.. jk.. Bull
Kumadori Lion
Fukuro Owl
Kalifa Sheep/Kalij Pheasent *Blame One Piece wiki for this!*
Nero Weasel
Spandam Elephant
Akainu (red) Dog
Kizaru (yellow) Monkey
Aokiji (blue) Pheasant

Other:
Arlong Sawshark.. He is one lol.
Bon Clay Swan

Well apart from the obvious ones (The ones I mentioned) which others do you think should be added?
IMO Zoro should be a Fox (Zoro is inspired from the character Zorro which is spanish for Fox) but I don't know..
Also If I forgot one of the obvious ones (And I am pretty sure I did) please feel free to say so.

undertoe
November 25, 2011, 01:28 PM
Oda already answered this regarding the Straw Hats.

Luffy - monkey
Zoro - shark
Nami - cat
Usopp - armadillo
Sanji - duck
Chopper - reindeer
Robin - crane
Franky - bull
Brook - horse

Uriel
November 27, 2011, 12:38 PM
Most characters from Oda are based on animals, except the "older" ones as Raileigh, Shanks, Roger, Sengoku, etc, I put aside Garp because He's represented most times as a dog.

And weird, I would NEVER relate Brook with a Horse.

Josef K.
November 27, 2011, 12:48 PM
Sengoku has the goat theme right? I mean he has the beard and his pet which kind of fit as well. In a SBS Oda did mention that the shichibukai were animal based as well, of course this was obvious and needed confirmation. As well as the CP9 members, the SH's are not based on animals but a fan asked what would their animal theme be in that SBS. As for the admirals it was the same as the shichibukai I think.

matzik1212
November 27, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hmm interesting thread , i like it :D ....this are my choices:

Luffy - Monkey obviously :)
Zoro- Panther , i really think it suits him :p
Sanji- Kangaroo
Franky- Rhino i guess
Robin- Peacock
Usopp- Fox :D
Chopper- Reindeer
Nami- Cat
Brook- Donkey LOL

Tengou
November 28, 2011, 08:05 PM
Actually, Brook really makes me think 'panda'.

http://plus4chan.org/boards/op/src/126093417745.jpg
http://www.heerevelden.nl/upload/images/5244.jpg

Spot the similarities.

perroloco
November 30, 2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah Brook definetly looks like a panda.. Although a sheep comes in mind too, for his afro and how sheeps are fluffy lol

Anyway this week's chapter came with more figures (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/99312992/19)

Chopper is a tanooki and Zoro a Tiger and Robin is a bird *Type please?* so yeah those figures have nothing to do with Oda's taxonomy of the Straw Hat *Appart from the obvious Luffy and hopefully Nami will be made into a cat too.. it would be dumb not to make her a cat..*

EDIT: With my vast (Not) knowledge of hiraganas I figured Robin is a hayabusa which according to wiki is a peregrine falcon)

matzik1212
November 30, 2011, 04:47 PM
Vell i viewed Brook as a donkey 'cause sometime when he laughs uncontrollably his laugh kinda resembles with the sounds a donkey makes :)

Gats
December 02, 2011, 05:57 AM
Most characters from Oda are based on animals, except the "older" ones as Raileigh, Shanks, Roger, Sengoku, etc, I put aside Garp because He's represented most times as a dog.

And weird, I would NEVER relate Brook with a Horse.

The size of the mouth, the teeth and the way he is laughing in the manga.

Schabrak
December 04, 2011, 08:35 PM
People forget, that Sengoku has the zoan fruit Buddha, he's one crazy guy with such an afro and beard. XD

Than we have Tsuru the Crane, Dalmatian and Doberman from from the vice-dmirals. Dalmation seems to have the DF dog type: Dalmation at least.