PDA

View Full Version : Discussion -All Inclusive- Blackbeard Thread

mattiaildivino
November 28, 2011, 03:00 PM
Thread make so you guys can discuss whatever you feel about Blackbeard when it's not mention or hinted in the last chapter.

Its not really important who of the new Monster trio (Sanji,Jinbei,Zorro - As Luffy has become a true monster himself it needed to be formed...) is the strongest. They each are different and not comparable...
If you truly want to over analize that matter then one must come to the conqlusion that (assuming they are all possesing the same amount of strenght) the one holding weapons would be superior. Thats the sole reason man have invented them...
Jinbei would be unbeatable in the water! Sanji vs an unarmed Zorro would also likely lead to Sanji having the upper hand!
But since its all irrelevant i doubt that its worth discussing over it...
That Both Mihawk and Jinbei are holding that title means nothing. It was shown in many occasions (Moria,Crocodile) that that has nothing to do with power level. Or are you saying that JInbei was as strong as Blackbeard when both where having the title?
Anyways more reasons where stated last page so i guess i didn´t have to bragg about it so much :p
I think jinbe was stronger than blackbeard while they both had that title! of course I'm not referring to the war,because there blackbeark had WB's power. but if jimbe had fought in Impel down rather than rufy,blackbeard would have lost: he couldn't suck jimbe's powers,because jimbe hadn't got devil fruits,jimbe is also very heavy,teach couldn't "pull" him so easily.contrariwise,jimbe's attack would have worked,and physically jimbe was surely stronger than BB.

Zehahaha
November 28, 2011, 04:53 PM
I think jinbe was stronger than blackbeard while they both had that title! of course I'm not referring to the war,because there blackbeark had WB's power. but if jimbe had fought in Impel down rather than rufy,blackbeard would have lost: he couldn't suck jimbe's powers,because jimbe hadn't got devil fruits,jimbe is also very heavy,teach couldn't "pull" him so easily.contrariwise,jimbe's attack would have worked,and physically jimbe was surely stronger than BB.

Wat ?

Did I miss a volume of OP or something ?

Naruffy
November 28, 2011, 05:02 PM

Blackbeard took a quake from WB and kept on going, so no, Jimbei could not of beaten him. I'd put him around Zoro/Luffy/Sanji level now, maybe slightly if Zoro and Sanji show some ability to use Haki (Hopefully within the next few chapters... Caribou).

BurnSchulz
November 28, 2011, 05:09 PM
Wat ?

Did I miss a volume of OP or something ?

If you mean their confrontation with Blackbeard in Impel Down read this and following chapters:

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2650-1/one-piece/chapter-543.html

(If you wanna skip the first blabla go to page 12)

Zehahaha
November 28, 2011, 05:11 PM
If you mean their confrontation with Blackbeard in Impel Down read this and following chapters:

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2650-1/one-piece/chapter-543.html

(If you wanna skip the first blabla go to page 12)

Nope, I'm more talking about " Jinbei is heavy, therefore BB can't pull him, Jinbei is physically stronger, therefore BB is weaker "

BurnSchulz
November 28, 2011, 05:16 PM
Nope, I'm more talking about " Jinbei is heavy, therefore BB can't pull him, Jinbei is physically stronger, therefore BB is weaker "

Well i dont believe that he couldnt pull him, but i think what he meant is that Blackbeards Yami Yami No Mi couldnt drawn Jinbeis Power out because he has no devil fruit so even if BB catch him, he could just Fishman Karate Kick him in the Balls.

But that was bafore the war, now after Blackbeard has the Quake power too, Jinbei stands no chance because before he would be able to Fishman Karate him away, a big Quake wave would break his bones.

(i Just had a very scary thought. Blackbeards 0% avoid chance attack, The Vortex from Yami ower on so that the enemy comes closer and couldnt get away then strike with a quake fist.)

Zehahaha
November 28, 2011, 05:35 PM
jimbe is also very heavy,teach couldn't "pull" him so easily

I think this is clear tho.
And if BB catch him... he will punch him you know ? The same way he did to Ace. You guys are expecting BB to pull him and then watch him until he hits him or what ?

BurnSchulz
November 28, 2011, 05:49 PM
I think this is clear tho.
And if BB catch him... he will punch him you know ? The same way he did to Ace. You guys are expecting BB to pull him and then watch him until he hits him or what ?

I know that he said he couldnt pulll jinbei becaus he is too heave. Thats (in my opinion) nonsense of course...

But you didnt get the point that Blackbeards main power (not just to Pull an enemy but also) to Suck out strenght from a Devil Fruit User wouldnt work on jinbei so he can defend and attack way better than a devil fruit user.

Thats why he thought that Jinbei could have been stronger than BB at their confrontation in Impel Down but not anymore after BB got the Quake powers too.

To understand: Jinbei could use all of his powers even if he is affected by Blackbeards devil fruits power sucking grab, but devil fruit users cant. Devil Fruit Users are nearly hopeless withoput their powers wich they rely on so much.

Another Example.
We can suggest that Luffy is stronger than Sanji, but if Luffy is affected by BBs grab, and sanji is not because Luffy cannot use all of his Gumo Gumo no powers anymore but sanji can use all of his because he has no DF.

Thats the Whole Point.

See Blackbeard vs Whitebeard. The first try to Punch BB with the Quake Punch got sucked out, so he used his weapon and BB got knocked out. He also detected his absolute weakness that he can only use his devil fruit sucking powers with his hand palms so whitebears simply stepped on his arm and held the other arm with his weapon.
BB would have died there, but sadly whitebeard hadnt enough strength left to strike him...

Understand now?

Mische
November 28, 2011, 06:31 PM
Possible that BB would be having Problems with Jinbeis Fishman KArate but he was in the new world and has a lot of experiance. He knows what he is dealing with!

BBs all out attack against ace destroyed a big part of the island...
JInbei is strong and if he would encounter BB from within the water then maybe it would be possible. At battle on the surface BB would have owned him. Even Shanks was worried about BBs ambitions and he has no DF and is a skilled haki user...

BurnSchulz
November 28, 2011, 06:58 PM
After i just reread Chapter 544 i saw something interesting:
http://www.mangareader.net/103-2651-15/one-piece/chapter-544.html

look what BB says "i´m sure one piece exists" (not wordly)

Would this explain a lot?
Maybe he thought that he had the chance of getting one piece through Whitebeards Ship. But one day he must have found out that Whitebeard didnt want Treasure and so he didnt chase after onepiece (maybe not even from the beginning who knows) so BB got mad and made the plan all because of One piece?

He once said that he got on WBs ship because of the high possibility of finding Devil Fruits.
Is Onepiece his overall ambition?

He sure is psychic if you see how far how really really far he goes for all this.

NarutoNamikaze
November 28, 2011, 07:18 PM
His ambitions and dreams are a lot like Luffy´s actually. The only difference is their character and the way they want to achieve that dream.
BB got on Whitebeard´s ship to increase his chances to find specially the Darkness Fruit. So he basically waited 20 years or more, and i think at one point he even said that he almost gave up on that dream.

BurnSchulz
November 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
It's fearsome how much he has in common with luffy, but after all he is also one of the People with a D. in the name.

No wonder why they (the people with a D.) are remarkable. The seem to do everything to reach their goals and they wont stop until they reached them.

Remind Blackbeard - Yami Yami No mi, get shichibukai, get prisoners, get whitebeards power, one piece
Ace - Revenge for the fourth devision squad leader
Dragon - Revolution
Luffy - (well too much to list here ^^)

kg21tmac1
November 29, 2011, 01:32 AM
To reiterate on the earlier posts... BB and Luffy do have similar dreams and ambitions. BB never doubted luffy for going to Skypea nor did he doubt about one piece and how they both want to achieve it. It is remarkable how oda did this. They Both believe in the exact samething. ( I am pretty sure they would get super pissed if there nakamas were harmed). However, how they achieve it is completely different. We have one who is a care free and kind to other people. And the other who doesn't give a damn about anyone and is an opportunist.

Sorry for going off topic uriel!! I just had to give my 2 cents.

on topic: I am also one of those people that think jimbei will join. But, if he does not than i don't think anyone else will join from here on out. I have no basis to support that. It's more on a gut feeling. Also, i think joy boy and noah will be the beginning of discovering about the poneglyphs and what the message is trying to convey!