PDA

View Full Version : Theory The (best?) theory about the ending of One Piece (Spoiler?)

MMolch
December 01, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hai guys, long time lurker here.
I just found the most plausible theory about the final of One Piece. Don't believe me? Well, here it is (major spoiler alert ... i guess :P):
http://onepiece.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:GIANT_SPOILER_ABOUT_SERIES_CAUTION&t=20111129173012
I don't know, it really fits pretty well ... that theory is already ~4 months old, so maybe you already read it.
What's your opinion? Am I just over-hyping? :P

ErosVp
December 03, 2011, 02:31 PM
Too detailed, serious and refined to be real! Oda wouldn't explain the weapons too much and the roles of the D seems too noble, considering every D is more worried about their own fun...

Schabrak
December 05, 2011, 02:46 PM
Don't we have a thread for this already?

- Why is a prediction/fan fic called spoiler?
- How were they capable of moving 20 soldiers to the moon? Why would such technology be gone by now, if it enabled them total control over the earth, e.g. Calm Belt? Enels new guys are evidence for the failure?
- Why does moon sand weaken Devil Fruit users?

Skypia is partly made out of sea stone. Would that mean Sky Islands were only created after the Void Century?
http://i22.mangareader.net/one-piece/240/one-piece-59850.jpg

feanaro
December 05, 2011, 05:44 PM
yeah there are some loopholes...

also there is nowhere anything about devilfruits, which are basically the most important objects, and the most mysterious ones as well
I at least cannot think of a major plotline without any connection to that mystery.

plus there are no seakings, which now as we know should play their part as well

and the whole sending of D.'s in the world is quite fishy as well, come on, a former world power should be able to do more, even after a defeat:P

nevertheless a good find;)
I really enjoyed it and it had some good points in it, maybe a part will come true one way or another :P
I don't know if some of you remember the uchiha-tengu theory for naruto, regarding itachis true purpose, the mangekyou sharingan an the whole mystery. One hell of a theory :P nothing was right... ^^ guess that's the case here as well

hokageji
December 05, 2011, 09:52 PM
yeah there are some loopholes...

also there is nowhere anything about devilfruits, which are basically the most important objects, and the most mysterious ones as well
I at least cannot think of a major plotline without any connection to that mystery.

plus there are no seakings, which now as we know should play their part as well

and the whole sending of D.'s in the world is quite fishy as well, come on, a former world power should be able to do more, even after a defeat:P

nevertheless a good find;)
I really enjoyed it and it had some good points in it, maybe a part will come true one way or another :P
I don't know if some of you remember the uchiha-tengu theory for naruto, regarding itachis true purpose, the mangekyou sharingan an the whole mystery. One hell of a theory :P nothing was right... ^^ guess that's the case here as well

Seakings, Devil fruits dont have to be related to people from the moon, maybe they always existed in the blue planet from the start.

Its easier to come up with theories in Naruto, Kishimoto has always shown traces of inspiration from various mythologies. Although Oda does draw something similar from various myths, his representation is not quite the same, so its really difficult to point out and say the theory is a certain..

It is definately the best theory i have read about one piece so far.

Uriel
December 06, 2011, 08:39 PM
Its easier to come up with theories in Naruto, Kishimoto has always shown traces of inspiration from various mythologies. Although Oda does draw something similar from various myths, his representation is not quite the same, so its really difficult to point out and say the theory is a certain
Well, you just have to be really open to possibilities with One Piece. It's unlikely He picks the same myth and reproduces it in OP World and it's more like as a theme to design. Sengoku and Marco, in example.

odz
January 02, 2012, 03:34 PM
I kinda like the theory, despite the holes. Like all the comments, I doubt the 'leaked from drunken Oda' rumors are true but it takes some interesting guesses. I liked the ideas that:

1: redline and grand line are man-made
2: Explanations for 'will of D' being a cultural or ancestral link
3: Explanations for the celestial dragons
4: Idea for One Piece uniting the world

What it leaves out:
1: Devil Fruit explanations
2: merpeople/giants

I also think that it doesn't really explain the World Government. In that theory they just don't seem EVIL enough. So what? They took back their homeland from alien invaders. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. It would make more sense if they usurped something that was already in place, like an Atlantean civilization (I'm sure this has been speculated before). But whatever the civilization the will of D seems to fit the profile of the survivor. (The 'D' being a half-moon is pretty ridiculous imo)
Another thing to think about is that if Gol D Roger found the One Piece, then why didn't he use it? If he had the chance to untie the oceans or whatever, then why didn't he?

dachef
January 02, 2012, 07:26 PM
I kinda like the theory, despite the holes. Like all the comments, I doubt the 'leaked from drunken Oda' rumors are true but it takes some interesting guesses. I liked the ideas that:

1: redline and grand line are man-made
2: Explanations for 'will of D' being a cultural or ancestral link
3: Explanations for the celestial dragons
4: Idea for One Piece uniting the world

What it leaves out:
1: Devil Fruit explanations
2: merpeople/giants

I also think that it doesn't really explain the World Government. In that theory they just don't seem EVIL enough. So what? They took back their homeland from alien invaders. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. It would make more sense if they usurped something that was already in place, like an Atlantean civilization (I'm sure this has been speculated before). But whatever the civilization the will of D seems to fit the profile of the survivor. (The 'D' being a half-moon is pretty ridiculous imo)
Another thing to think about is that if Gol D Roger found the One Piece, then why didn't he use it? If he had the chance to untie the oceans or whatever, then why didn't he?

What´s the point in uniting the oceans? I mean the people from west, nord, east and south blue are surly happy, that they are seperated from the grandline especially from NW via Calm Belt and Red Line. Otherwise the strong pirates could wreak havoc in the weak oceans as well.

What toubles me about that "Spoiler", is that it does speak of 2 weapons build by the birka(poseidon and pluto) and OP being the third one so what about uranus?
And Poseidon isnt a canon.
So I think the theory/spoiler is very far from being true.

Bhoot
January 03, 2012, 12:45 AM
@dachef....The point of uniting the seas would be to allow multiple cultures to intermingle into a larger being . As such , it is so that we have only seen a quarter of the world . In the One Piece world where planes don't exist , sea is the main route for transportation .

Also , it may be that the crack is growing to the point to breaking the core or something .
And maybe Uranos is the cannon??

Anyways .............. instead of making predictions of a prediction , i wish to give my thanks to the guy who wrote the spoiler and to the guy who posted a link for us here.

Thank you , an interesting read which just seems so Oda like as well .

Also since such a spoiler is out , I really don't think that this will be how the story progresses .