PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 263 Discussion / 264 Predictions

benelori
December 02, 2011, 01:24 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73997-Fairy-Tail-263-Discussion-264-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

eefrit
December 09, 2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, a chapter I truthfully enjoyed…even though Gerard showed up. Although I didn’t like how Raven Tail was shoehorned into the chapter with no previous intro after the timeskip. I mean I didn’t even know who they were when I first saw them; I honestly thought Jose had come back for revenge until I saw their name. I did like the character designs though.

And it appears that a majority of you were right, Meredy and Ultear rescued Gerard, which is pretty believable. I liked the progression of the characters but WTF was up with that random butt shot! I know you have to show the Guild Logo and this is fan service, but damn Gerard had it right on his clothes!

BTW, thanks or opening the thread.

BlackHair
December 09, 2011, 08:57 AM
So Raven Tail was introduced just like that in one mere panel? But Gerad and his girls club gets double page and half of the chapter.

Anyway, glad that they got their power-up after all. I must say the explantaion didn't quite make sense to me, but I will wait for another translation.

ErosVp
December 09, 2011, 09:03 AM
I agree Raven Tail intro was unsastifying... And the sudden power up felt cheap but it is acceptable, I only thin it is unfair only they are getting it and Luxus, Gajeel, Lisanna and co won't get any!!!

Obviously the sinister magic comes from Sabertooth right? I wonder if they are related to zeref, now we at least know Gerard and Ultear got nothing to do with them....

Ifrit
December 09, 2011, 09:06 AM
mmmm...even now I don't trust Ultear....I don't know why...
a
so this 2nd container or what ever it is...does this make it more reasonable for Natsu being able to use a different element like "Lightning"

I agree with whats written above...Raven Tail should been better...I didn't like the character design actually...the people surrounding "Ivan" looks like a joke to me...

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I agree Raven Tail intro was unsastifying... And the sudden power up felt cheap but it is acceptable, I only thin it is unfair only they are getting it and Luxus, Gajeel, Lisanna and co won't get any!!!

If I didn't misunderstand it.....It's a temporary power up right

ErosVp
December 09, 2011, 09:12 AM

Nope! It is a power up out of no where, with the excuse they magical power will go up because Ultear will awake the potential they normally don't use! I think it is unfair only those guys in the whole world get such a thing, it is an advantage too big!

Read again to make sure: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/20

Gats
December 09, 2011, 09:16 AM
mmmm...even now I don't trust Ultear....I don't know why...
a
so this 2nd container or what ever it is...does this make it more reasonable for Natsu being able to use a different element like "Lightning"

I agree with whats written above...Raven Tail should been better...I didn't like the character design actually...the people surrounding "Ivan" looks like a joke to me...

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I didn't see any hint of it. How did you understand that ?

shuha27
December 09, 2011, 09:18 AM
This chapter was pretty good, random power up though...

That girl behind Ivan looks creepy O.O

sarutobi_sensei
December 09, 2011, 09:23 AM

Obviously the sinister magic comes from Sabertooth right? I wonder if they are related to zeref, now we at least know Gerard and Ultear got nothing to do with them....

Dude, all but the ones that showed up on this chapter had 3 months to train xD

Nice seeing Raven Tail and the other teams. I wonder what big guns will Blue Pegasus call.

This is bound to be epic :D

And Gerard, Meredy and Urtear. Nice. I had a feeling they'd be together. Meredy has grown really nice.

Erza is suspicious, she has reasons to be suspicious of Gerard since he regained his memory.

But it does seem strange that those 3 decided to appear out of nowhere to help them out.

And I'm betting that Zeref has somehow implanted himself in the council or something.

Naruffy
December 09, 2011, 09:24 AM
Great Chapter, happy to see that they are getting the power up in the end. Maybe Natsu will be able to user more than just lightning with this increase in potential/magical power. I don't really care that it's random because we were initially expecting them to get it through training any how.

Ifrit
December 09, 2011, 09:28 AM
I didn't see any hint of it. How did you understand that ?

after I read again...neither do I...hahahahaha....

But I don't get something....How come Gerard was close to Zeref...he wasn't at all...they made it clear that Ultear was playing him...

And I guess the tournament now ....is nothing but a place to suck all Mages power.....

ErosVp
December 09, 2011, 09:51 AM
Dude, all but the ones that showed up on this chapter had 3 months to train xD

But ultear said that the power up increases their magic more than any other training could have done! And Since their second container (dormant power) will be awaken it means their maximun potential will be always greater than any other mages since they are the only mages in the world to use that!

Ero-Sanji
December 09, 2011, 09:54 AM
I thought the chapter had some strong points, but what really made me confused is the fact that Raven tail is actually waiting for the tournament. How come, when they are a Dark guild? FT, BP, LS and Sabre-tooth are all legitimate guilds that will strike them down even if it's not permitted and also, this tournament should be heavily guarded from the council.

The power-up as inevitable and predictable, it had to come in some way, but I think I've learned to accept it. What I don't like about it is the fact that now Makarov and/or Gildartz either don't know of the second container which is strange and poor or they know of it and have it "fully" mastered. The last probably being worse than the first since the question of why not using it against their respectively enemies at Tenrou will be asked. The second thing that would be troubling about this power boost is that it will be equivalent to the 3 months that Gazille has spent on pure, true training and in the case of Grey, Erza and Natsu it will most definitely be greater.

Darjaille
December 09, 2011, 09:59 AM
I am glad to see Jellal. Yes, really liked his, Ultear and Meredy's appearance. :XD The power up is okay I guess, I won't complain about it. I don't think Jellal or Ultear are there to harm them (Erza's suspiciousness), but it may be true that there is a downside to the power up. Like, that the container gets bigger and bigger with age and training, but with Ultear's help, they'll be able to control both containers, but they won't grow, ever.
But it's a must, I guess.

I wonder who will come from Lamia Scale and BP. Honestly, I want to see Hibiki~ :XD

And yes, the dark thing will have something with either Sabertooth or Raven Tail or both. Or Zeref. Or the three. (lol yes, I named every possibility coming to my mind XD)

And about Raven Tail... I weren't hyped about them from the start. I wonder though, are they (dark guild) going to join the tournament? Or they're going to interrupt as it always happens in the tournaments?

Overall, pretty good.

HaiSuShi
December 09, 2011, 10:08 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/12
Hell yes!!

As soon as I saw this (http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9760/sketch002p.jpg), I hoped that Mashima would show Adult!Meldy someday.
Now, after the timeskip, it's finally time for that. Also Ultear's looking better than ever without the makeup. I love the interactions between all of them.

So they are an independant guild now? Makes sense, considering who the members are.

At least "Tomorrow's Share" now somehow makes sense, according to Ultear's ramblings about the second "reserve pool".

Raven Tails introduction was somehow...uninteresting. At least the girl is looking remotely interesting, is she wearing a wolf's fur?

Edit: Strange that Raven Tail was introduced as "Mage Guild", not "Dark Guild" in this chapter...Maybe they were reinstated as normal guild, if that's possible?

Atobe the king
December 09, 2011, 10:16 AM
I don't mind this powerup....I'm reminded of the old Kai powering up Gohan as he sat there in the buu saga LOL. Glad to see some of my favorite characters (Sieg Hart and Ultear) are alive and still bishounen/jo (It's been 7 years but he doesn't look like he aged at all...and Ultear basically looks exactly like Ur with longer hair). Meredy grew up quite nicely (lol)....the panel where they all sat there mind****** was pretty funny lol. Sort of cop out-ish but it works haha. I'm not to wary of Ultear...she screwed Jellal over really bad...her helping him makes a lot of sense.

Hope there's nothing fishy about those 3....enough double crossing on their part lolol....especially Ultear.

exacta
December 09, 2011, 10:24 AM
Powerup is complete bull. But at least Mashima actually explained it, and the explanation didn't involve friendship or some crap.

I know some people are disappointed with the way Mashima introduced Raven Tail, but I'm honestly just happy to actually see them. Some of characters are weird looking, but that doesn't mean anything in Fairy Tail, they are probably strong, but I wonder if they are the strongest members. Hopefully not.

Gerard looks the same after 7 years....wtf. If only Ultear was still the awesome villain she used to be before Gray fought her.....

sarutobi_sensei
December 09, 2011, 10:29 AM
But ultear said that the power up increases their magic more than any other training could have done! And Since their second container (dormant power) will be awaken it means their maximun potential will be always greater than any other mages since they are the only mages in the world to use that!

If no mage would be able to do it, how come they found it out?

I'm sure that they won't be the only ones. I'm sure people from other guilds have managed to awaken it and use it.

I thought the chapter had some strong points, but what really made me confused is the fact that Raven tail is actually waiting for the tournament. How come, when they are a Dark guild? FT, BP, LS and Sabre-tooth are all legitimate guilds that will strike them down even if it's not permitted and also, this tournament should be heavily guarded from the council.

The power-up as inevitable and predictable, it had to come in some way, but I think I've learned to accept it. What I don't like about it is the fact that now Makarov and/or Gildartz either don't know of the second container which is strange and poor or they know of it and have it "fully" mastered. The last probably being worse than the first since the question of why not using it against their respectively enemies at Tenrou will be asked. The second thing that would be troubling about this power boost is that it will be equivalent to the 3 months that Gazille has spent on pure, true training and in the case of Grey, Erza and Natsu it will most definitely be greater.

When was it said that Raven Tail was a Dark Guild? Only thing we saw was that Laxus knew his father had founded a guild.

They could still be a "normal" guild but doing not so noble actions.

That or the council is corrupt.

And I sure hope that there's enough double crossing and backstabbing from Gérard and Urtear. I like those 2 and Meredy as well :D

Ifrit
December 09, 2011, 10:32 AM
Raven Tail...was never introduced as a "Dark Guild" it's independent guild...

If some1 created a guild, and didn't harm anyone..that doesn't make them "Dark Guilds"....not like Gerard guild..because all of those 3 got rap sheet xD

sarutobi_sensei
December 09, 2011, 10:37 AM
Raven Tail...was never introduced as a "Dark Guild" it's independent guild...

Thank you, that's what I thought.

Btw Urtear didn't say that it would increase their power unlike any training they could have, she said unlike any training you've had until now.

shuha27
December 09, 2011, 10:43 AM
I thought somewhere in the beginning of the Orcan Seis arc it said Raven Tail was a Dark Guild

EDIT: Nvm on the chart it labels them as independent
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7246-12/fairy-tail/chapter-131.html

RaveDragon
December 09, 2011, 10:53 AM
For starters this chapter cover is one of the best I've seen, Mashima should design clothes they're really pretty the one's of the girls and the boys look good =

Raven Tail Introduction seems kinda fast but then again if they just came suddenly it would feel like tenrou all over again, plus they all look crazy, and i mean literally crazy crazy which usually means they're not going to be an easy win with them, so maybe this arc we might see some development and ofc some cute nakama powerup. Not a bad way of introduction maybe there could have been a better way like introducing them alone next chapter instead of with the trio of Ultear, meredy and Jellal.

JELLLALLLL! I'm sorry, Erzajellal must live ><

Virgo got punished after 250ish chapters of asking it finally happened xD thats was funny, even the pigeon thing (a little bit)

Jellal hasnt changed lol, meredy looks great in her new design and so deos ultear who hasnt changed much though ^^'

Crime sorciere is a good idea though, i like it, everyone should be able to atone for their sins and move one, its a nice message :hee

Erza looks suspiscious but she is probably trying to figure out how they'll get off now after all they went through, so next chapter is probably the power up and Erza's confrontation with Jellal so its good stuff.

overall an interesting and refreshing chapter so I'm looking forward to this arc now :woo :confetti

hossice
December 09, 2011, 10:53 AM
what is Ultear talking about when she says she was being controlled by Gellal (Gerard) on paradise island? o_0

RaveDragon
December 09, 2011, 10:56 AM
what is Ultear talking about when she says she was being controlled by Gellal (Gerard) on paradise island? o_0

I think she meant on the island of demons galuna? but thats demon isle :/

Skyguardian
December 09, 2011, 11:01 AM
I think she meant on the island of demons galuna? but thats demon isle :/

Paradise Island was the base of Paradisetower - Tower of Heaven. She meant she was used by Gerard for tricking the council and destroying their HQ.

Newkerzy
December 09, 2011, 11:03 AM
I thought somewhere in the beginning of the Orcan Seis arc it said Raven Tail was a Dark Guild

I always thought they were an independent dark guild, a dark guild that is not allied with the Balam Alliance.

Actually, I believe that was a mistranslation. It was Ultear who controlled Jellal, so she's apologizing to Erza for doing that.

shuha27
December 09, 2011, 11:11 AM
I always thought they were an independent dark guild, a dark guild that is not allied with the Balam Alliance.

That is what I thought too, but I guess they aren't a dark guild if they get to participate in this tournament or they are a dark guild and are going to the tournament just to get back at Fairy Tail

hoeru
December 09, 2011, 11:12 AM
Great chapter, good to see Ultear and Meldy again. Nice built up, even though it was clear from the beginning that there's more behind the tournament. Apparently legal and dark guilds may participate? Or is Raven Tail a legal guild after all? (If yes why would have Mirajane put them on the diagram of the Dark Guild network?)

But it's sort of disturbing that legal guilds aren't allowed to go after dark ones and take them down anymore.

Come what may, I'm entertained and looking forward.

RaveDragon
December 09, 2011, 11:19 AM
Great chapter, good to see Ultear and Meldy again. Nice built up, even though it was clear from the beginning that there's more behind the tournament. Apparently legal and dark guilds may participate? Or is Raven Tail a legal guild after all? (If yes why would have Mirajane put them on the diagram of the Dark Guild network?)

But it's sort of disturbing that legal guilds aren't allowed to go after dark ones and take them down anymore.

Come what may, I'm entertained and looking forward.

Theyre an independent guild whose probably closer to a dark guild rather than a light guild, they can participate because Ivan probably never crossed the line to be considered a dark guild but theyre not associated with anyone but themeselves, thats what i understood

Uriel
December 09, 2011, 11:28 AM
I actually thought this time the powerup is justified. And gotta love Natsu face of celebrating what He doesn't get xD

Raven Tail looks cool, I actually like most of her design. Long nose guy reminds me of Beetlejuice, so I actually enjoyed to see him. Preparations of the tournament are nice, introduction of the guilds were well made and short enough to make a cliffhanger, Gerard introduction as an independent guild works awesome to the plot and above all the fact that is Ultear the one who makes the powerup with her unique magic makes me not feeling as trolled as people should scream over the training.

I also have to recognize that Mashima did not went for the obvious path and fooled us TWICE. Genius.

This chapter deserves a strong 8/10.

Gats
December 09, 2011, 11:41 AM
There is still a weakness from such power up. Through training, you gain experience, you learn new things, you improve old ones. With Ultear's power-up, their current powers may gain additional raw strength but they won't have any new powers or experience (new ways to do things, etc). I don't see new powers appearing from nowhere, unless they have knowledge of powerful moves before but they just didn't have the "level" yet.

Someone like Levi should not gain anything useful for now, her magic is based on seals, it's more about knowledge and maybe focus than anything else. But well it's Mashima so another kind of asspull is possible.

Lucy should be the one to gain the most from this kind of power-up.

Erza...it's difficult to say, how her power-up should have an effect on armors you just summon ? Maybe the level of her magic also upgrade her armors in a way or another.

Uriel
December 09, 2011, 11:45 AM
The technique is already there. This is just a backup energy power.

RaveDragon
December 09, 2011, 11:48 AM
There is still a weakness from such power up. Through training, you gain experience, you learn new things, you improve old ones. With Ultear's power-up, their current powers may gain additional raw strength but they won't have any new powers or experience (new ways to do things, etc). I don't see new powers appearing from nowhere, unless they have knowledge of powerful moves before but they just didn't have the "level" yet.

Someone like Levi should not gain anything useful for now, her magic is based on seals, it's more about knowledge and maybe focus than anything else. But well it's Mashima so another kind of asspull is possible.

Erza...it's difficult to say, how her power-up should have an effect on armors you just summon ? Maybe the level of her magic also upgrade her armors in a way or another.

The thing is Lucy is already training to expand her amount of magic so i guess this helps her but maybe it could lead them to learn some magic that they couldn't achieve before like some spells and lets face it lucy needs this powerup and some spells. It would be quite cool if she had both caster and holder magic.

Apart from the use of new spells with this power up im not really sure were mashima wants to go with this, it doesnt seem just a compensation for the watsed time plus its painful so it might lead to something more.

maybe the shock of the pain might remind someone primarily the DS or lucy of a forgotten but important memory?

levy is like the strategist so Im not sure how it would help her, maybe her magic becomes more powerful, creation of stuff like?

Wendy it could help for learning the spells she got from porlusca.

Erza, Gray, Juvia are a big ?

and Natsu just gives me a dragon force kind of thing happening

then again theres a very slight (like 0.001%) possibility that theyre not helping but its a trap but i dont think so

Uriel
December 09, 2011, 11:50 AM
Why everyone is doubting Ultear and Gerard?? The were already the bad guys, repeating them would be kinda boring. Erza has that look because She loves him, period. She's sad because somewhat She did not wanted him to be fugitive of the law again.

RaveDragon
December 09, 2011, 11:53 AM
Why everyone is doubting Ultear and Gerard?? The were already the bad guys, repeating them would be kinda boring. Erza has that look because She loves him, period. She's sad because somewhat She did not wanted him to be fugitive of the law again.

You got a point it wouldnt make sense to repeat and facts stand to point out they are trying to redeem themselves. Maybe its just been such a long time she doesnt know how to respond to him yet ^^

meepers4982
December 09, 2011, 12:01 PM
i think they are trying to help them but as stated by gerad, and ultear there's a catch. Probably what no one expect from (FT) just how dangerous the whole situation is going to turn out to be. I see a great arc coming.

Gats
December 09, 2011, 12:06 PM

You mean they all already have the knowledge of new powers they can't achieve now ?

Ero-Sanji
December 09, 2011, 12:30 PM
Raven tail is clearly explained as a Dark guild along with GH, OS and Tartaros, however, it was independent from the Balam Alliance. This still leaves the problem that they are going to infiltrate this event filled with the strongest guild of Fiore(?) and probably will be guarded and/or overseen by the council. This could be a great opportunity for a master plan or he could fail miserably either way I'm anxious about this.

Uriel
December 09, 2011, 01:22 PM
You mean they all already have the knowledge of new powers they can't achieve now ?
Nope.
Let's put it this way: You know how to do Karate. This wouldn't be a new technique in Karate, this would be a built up in the body so the regular techniques works better.

Gats
December 09, 2011, 01:59 PM
Nope.
Let's put it this way: You know how to do Karate. This wouldn't be a new technique in Karate, this would be a built up in the body so the regular techniques works better.

This is what I'm saying about this kind of power-up.

Uriel
December 09, 2011, 02:14 PM
This is what I'm saying about this kind of power-up.
It's also what I said xD But my point is that you don't need new techniques neither.

Of course, training gives experience but also extreme situations can do that trick. I'm sure that in the tournament there will be some interesting development in terms of what you want.

jacke12
December 09, 2011, 02:31 PM
I see some plots going from here on.
One of them is everyone get their upgrade but something stops the unlocking of Natsu's second container like the power of the Dragon Slayer magic Second Origin is too powerful to unlock or something like this.

Or everyone gets unlock the second Container and Wendy will be able to use the Secret Dragon Slayer techniques , Juvia will be able to control the water to a new level, Gray will be able to use his Magic at a bigger scale ,Erza don't know about her more powerful than now, Lucy will be able to summon 2 spirits at once and Natsu will be able to use Dragon Force and Lightning Fire Dragon Mode that is just 2 of my theorys

sarutobi_sensei
December 09, 2011, 03:26 PM

Exactly, right now they don't need to improve their fighting ability, they just need to maintain it for longer.

No doubt that Lucy, Levi and Wendy will be the ones to gain most from this.

Lucy will probably summon 2 or 3 spirits at the same time shocking whoever she's fighting with. Wendy will manage to increase her magical power and do supportive spells for a longer period of time. Levi probably boosting up her abilities to decipher codes faster.

Natsu will gain even more resistance and the same with the rest.

This will be painful, like Urtear has said, meaning that they probably will be "out" until the start of the tournament and will probably arrive late or something. But in total style :D

Gats
December 09, 2011, 03:47 PM
We'll see about that.

I find it strange that Raven Guild was "waiting" for Fairy Tail for 7 years as if they knew the guild hasn't been crushed. Makarov wasn't expecting the first guildmaster to appear and save them, so I don't see why those guys should.

1337 haxor
December 09, 2011, 04:27 PM
This chapter brought the level back to acceptable, but it didn't make up for the last one which I refuse to comment on.

The good parts of this chapter were the confirmation that Ultear and Meredy rescued Gerard and that Raven Tail is finally up in the fray, the bad parts were that the latter were hastily introduced and Natsu team got a hax for free power up.

IDK, I will let it slip because those 7 years made Meredy so freakin sexy.

On the other hand I have a theory, since Rogue Cheney got Zeref's haircut then maybe Zeref now has a Sepphiroth like evil mullet.

HOORAY FOR MULLET ZEREF!

kakashidad
December 09, 2011, 05:01 PM
What a fantastic turn of events...great comeback by mashimo,awesome issue!I've casted my vote,
so at least two of us know who's done what, Pmsl.

The look at the other guilds and who will be participating(spelling)was decent,imo.Raven tail looked interesting.And with we now learning that it was Gerad guild that had been going around taking out
other dark guilds.Then it's easy to assume that this is why they were so quiet.Over the former years,
as explained my the grand mage of the magic council.Right back at the start of this arc.Sabertooth
didn't really show anyone else.So i'm assuming that the two dragon slayer Rogue and whathisface.Are
the true strenght of that guild.(I'm expecting to be suprized,lol).

Missing out the other guilds shown for a minute..i thought the demeanor of the faries and the
punishment lucy placed on her spirit was excellent,lol.They were still in the same funk as last issue.
I'm glad for that continuity.But when they final received the message from Gerad after coming to
terms with having to forgo one of Ezra infamous training regime.Iwas like wtf!!(with astonishment).
Gerad Meredy and Ultear looked friggin awesome.And they were monster in their own right before god dam it..lol.

Now they've entered a completely different way of living.That was always on the card i might say.
And they have a purpose a mission and a welcomed gift...Magic enchancement(?)power up.Put it's
a dormant vessal?What's the odds she's already cranked up her own crew 1st?

It was news to me that gerad was the one controlling Ultear all thse years/issue ago.I could of swore
it was the other way round..and it was so implied by the manga quite recently too,Hmm.

Still.The final shot of Ezra contemplating Gerad's motives or whatever was intriguing.I'm looking forward
to a very happy xmas now.lmfao.Laters,i'll read some comments now.Peace.:D

ghostexiled
December 09, 2011, 05:11 PM
I thought it was a perfectly acceptable chapter.

We all knew that the core FT group would get a power up some how some way... at least with this way there seems to be some kinda catch to it. Ultear mentioned that there would be a great deal of pain that would come with it.

I don't think that this power up will make the core team that much stronger than the rest of FT that actually trained in these 3 months... so no need to freak out about that.

I think that Ultear was just stating that her power up would be slightly better for them than if they would of actually trained for those 3 months.

I dug seeing Gerald, Meldy and Ultear as a group. I have faith that they have good intentions, cause like someone stated it would be pretty boring to have them double cross FT again.

I thought the one panel showing Raven Tail was just right... no need to spend that much time with them right now, when the focus is about FT getting ready for the tournament.

We will have ALL the time in the world for Ivan to have words with Makrov and Laxus later on in this arc. Like I have been stating since the time that everyone thought Makrov was going to bite it.

Those 3 have to come full circle with each other.

Bonus note... loved how Natsu was cheering for the power up even though he had no idea what she was talking about.

Also, is it me or does it look like Ultear and Gray were having a romantic moment in the back of the group shot on the last page? :p

Ancy
December 09, 2011, 06:10 PM
Jellal is back:wtf ...what more can I ask??

Atobe the king
December 09, 2011, 06:16 PM
Also, is it me or does it look like Ultear and Gray were having a romantic moment in the back of the group shot on the last page?

When you bring that up i notice it was Gray saying "can you let go" when Natsu hugged Ultear lmao

omegakai
December 09, 2011, 06:24 PM
a hyperbolic time changer power up

diavolo
December 09, 2011, 06:30 PM
Who can say that the Crime Sorciere did not go to power up the other FT too???? they had 3 months right?
I loved that chapter and i think that Raven Tail is COOL!!! Come on we can't have every character drawn cool and awsome I think they are crazy monster strong(bluenote level). also the werewolf isn't a accesory of the chick???
My first thought about the power up was Natsu going at Dragon Force and his Fire/whatever element mode more easily and Lucy finally being able to cast the super uber magic spell learnt from the archive guy at the battle against Angel.

Raicrune
December 09, 2011, 06:41 PM
@diavolo
If you mean Droy and Jet.. Man they were strong already. If they were training these 3 months while the crew was away + if they get the power up too (since they are with the crew now).. they will be monsters! xD

scareChinaman
December 09, 2011, 07:10 PM
Yay! Gerard's finally back
Too bad he can't join the tournament but oh well an appearance is everything

Atobe the king
December 09, 2011, 07:18 PM
a hyperbolic time changer power up

It seems more like Elder Kai unlock to me...since they're awakening their latent potential.

diavolo
December 09, 2011, 08:11 PM
@diavolo
If you mean Droy and Jet.. Man they were strong already. If they were training these 3 months while the crew was away + if they get the power up too (since they are with the crew now).. they will be monsters! xD

no i meant tenrou island FT the ones stuck in time!!
btw mashima should not leave gajeel outside of the hidden potential while the other 2 dragon slayers get it

Zeltrax
December 09, 2011, 08:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xolaM.png

I don't get it!
Funny how this second origin hasn't been mentioned at all.
If urtear really have that power, it would be safe to assume he gave it to the rest of gh right? But no one mentioned it during the tenrou island arc, so am I suppose to assume that gh already had that second origin?
Why is there no foreshadowing from makarov too?

Anyway, the good thing here is the new raven tail. I like the werewolf lady the most..but they all look fodderish. We'll see.

mashimashilove
December 09, 2011, 08:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xolaM.png

I don't get it!
Funny how this second origin hasn't been mentioned at all.
If urtear really have that power, it would be safe to assume he gave it to the rest of gh right? But no one mentioned it during the tenrou island arc, so am I suppose to assume that gh already had that second origin?
Why is there no foreshadowing from makarov too?

Anyway, the good thing here is the new raven tail. I like the werewolf lady the most..but they all look fodderish. We'll see.

She said that recent studies had discovered the second magic container, so that would explain why it hadn't been mentioned before.

garcon
December 09, 2011, 10:17 PM
I feel so sorry for lily, gazeel and laxus, they certainly have trained hard during those three months and then :

gazeel : "wow natsu, how did you become so strong ?"
natsu : "well I look at erza and lucy naked, then partied with celestial spirits and then an ex-ennemy appeared outta nowhere and did shit I don't understand and *poof* so I can continue to act strong and cocky as usual "

I know I'm being mean but I just feel sorry for those characters that have been put away from this power up, but don't get me wrong, I'm sure Mashima will make them strong (and since they actually train, my love for them will only grow) it's just that I know too that natsu will be the most powerful and yeah I think he doesn't deserve it

about the rest of the chapter:

.I love Meredy, don't really care about Gerard, liked Ultear better when she was evil;
on the other hand I like their guild and purpose (and their name even if I don't know if "crime sorcière" is a good choice, maybe "justice blabla" would have fit better but who cares as long as it's cool)

. and like some of you I'm kind of disapointed about the intro of raven tail

have a good day

Blanka
December 09, 2011, 11:48 PM
I think this will just expand Team Natsu's magic well. Lucy, Levi and Wendy need more magic stamina, they cannot hold enough at once. Erza maxes out every fight, she keeps going back to no magic samurai equip. Gray and Juvia have kind of plateaued with their element. The magic takeover trio are either just mastering, remastering, or been in Edolas with no magic. Team luxus needs to train with a motivated luxus. Gajeel and lily just need to whoop each other for 3 months.
Natsu ... eats etherion, combined lightning and fire, and probably remembers black flames. He just needs a new energy to absorb.

Kuzumikun
December 10, 2011, 12:25 AM
I really hope Lucy can summon more than one spirit at a time, it would help her out a lot. Also I wonder if in this tournament there will be a Celestial Wizard as well, to show the rest of the golden keys. Can't wait for next chapter!

Ifrit
December 10, 2011, 01:06 AM
I really hope Lucy can summon more than one spirit at a time, it would help her out a lot. Also I wonder if in this tournament there will be a Celestial Wizard as well, to show the rest of the golden keys. Can't wait for next chapter!

It make me think...just how strong a Celestial Wizard can be....

If Lucy is able to reach the point of summoning more than 1 spirit...and also use high Lv magic like the one she used against "Angle". She will be able to kick Natsu ass....

Raven Tail : Only 4 ?

Ivan...:super

Girl with wolf fur on her shoulders.:super

Guy with a wierd custom..."The short one":s

& Guy with the stick :blink

lawlett-kun
December 10, 2011, 03:53 AM
hmmm good chap. is it just me or Jelal has a bishounen disease? Hearts on his outfit http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/12

ghostexiled
December 10, 2011, 04:22 AM
Letting you guys know that Mangastream has fixed an issue with translation on page 15 of this week's chapter.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/15

MechR
December 10, 2011, 06:06 AM

I interpret that as "a dark guild independent of the Balam Alliance." The chart is a chart of dark guilds, after all.

Also, Ivan's intro box on this page says Raven Tail is a dark guild:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7243-19/fairy-tail/chapter-128.html

Lee-tyme7
December 10, 2011, 06:26 AM
Now that make much more sense, and thanks for the update ghostexiled. How many of you think Ultear's new magic is an ass pull? I don't seem to care but just going along with it for now. lol. They seem to need it more anyway especially Natsu. Is that a fan service as well, Natsu X Ultear? XD

jacke12
December 10, 2011, 06:32 AM
I just love Ultear's face when Natsu hugs her and who knows maybe Natsu's enjoying this moment more than anyone can think, with his face in Ultear's breasts. and like Lee-tyme7 said Natsu X Ultear moment ;D

MechR
December 10, 2011, 06:48 AM
Re: the chapter itself, that powerup is bullcrap and damn near cheating if it really works better than everyone else's 7 years / 3 months of honest training. So much for the moral of the story :notrust Even just making the Stellar food a powerup would've made more sense and felt less unfair.

Gerard's return was sooner and less eventful than I expected. But part of me is glad this precludes alot of the more-melodramatic alternatives. Now let's hear what's on Erza's mind...

Raven Tail was definitely the highlight of the chapter for me. Yes, YES, FINALLY! :D I like how weird they look, although a part of me wonders if boxhead and spikehair were designed in a rush.

Newkerzy
December 10, 2011, 07:28 AM
Also, is it me or does it look like Ultear and Gray were having a romantic moment in the back of the group shot on the last page? :p
You're right about that. I always felt they were a good match for each other after they had their battle.

When you bring that up i notice it was Gray saying "can you let go" when Natsu hugged Ultear lmao
Yeah, that was my favourite part. :p

You know, I've been thinking about it and if the double-cross thing is fake, I have a feeling after this arc is over, Leon and Grey will decide to join Crime Sorciere because they feel they have an obligation towards Ultear. They're both former students of her mother, so it's quite fitting that they would join CS because of her. And I wouldn't doubt that there would romantic motives from Grey for joining her. :^_^

She said that recent studies had discovered the second magic container, so that would explain why it hadn't been mentioned before.

It's likely that the discovery was only discovered during the 7-year timespan.

Am I the only one who thinks there will be another side effect to their powerup?? Remember, it's Ultear's Time Magic we're talking about. I think a second side effect would be the rapid aging of the characters. Think about it. Ultear said the trade-off would be unspeakable amounts of pain. What would be the cause of that?? simple.

Because of the rapid aging, their bodies also deteriorate painfully at a quickened pace. It's kinda like how Naruto's Kyuubi V2 form works. But the thing is, I'm seeing that they won't age that much. My guess is, they'll age 7-10 years older. So.... Mashima is pretty much fulfilling the fans' new design requests in his own unique way. And I gotta say, if this happens, Mashima is a genius.

Quantized
December 10, 2011, 11:47 AM
Re: the chapter itself, that powerup is bullcrap and damn near cheating if it really works better than everyone else's 7 years / 3 months of honest training. So much for the moral of the story :notrust Even just making the Stellar food a powerup would've made more sense and felt less unfair.

Gerard's return was sooner and less eventful than I expected. But part of me is glad this precludes alot of the more-melodramatic alternatives. Now let's hear what's on Erza's mind...

Raven Tail was definitely the highlight of the chapter for me. Yes, YES, FINALLY! :D I like how weird they look, although a part of me wonders if boxhead and spikehair were designed in a rush.

ya know, it'd hilarious funny if everyone else had got the same power up in the other guilds, and they' fall to the ground completely depressed again in an hilarious moment ;)
I hope this is the case, if recent studies brings this news, then I'm sure many others is after it as well in the tournament!
Certainly hope so, cause it'd be lame indeed when the others did honest hard work, I agree, but I can't help but think Mashima will make them depressed again in a hilarious moment :p

Uriel
December 10, 2011, 12:53 PM
Nah. It's very likely that other mages of Fairy Tail achieved that second thingie and most of the elite mages as well. I actually can't imagine how strong Gerard is now. I would like him to teach Natsu the Golden Flame as well.

PS: Isn't is funny that Gerard who was supposedly fake-possessed by Zeref talke of Natsu of the "hope" and then Zeref actually sees Natsu as it?

MechR
December 10, 2011, 05:44 PM
ya know, it'd hilarious funny if everyone else had got the same power up in the other guilds, and they' fall to the ground completely depressed again in an hilarious moment ;)
I hope this is the case, if recent studies brings this news, then I'm sure many others is after it as well in the tournament!
Certainly hope so, cause it'd be lame indeed when the others did honest hard work, I agree, but I can't help but think Mashima will make them depressed again in a hilarious moment :p
Me, I'm hoping it turns out Natsu and co. already unlocked their second origins :o :p

It'd at least be plausible for Natsu and Erza. Wendy could be covered too just by saying it's already unlocked in DS's. Dunno about Gray, but I could see him turning down the powerup if Natsu and Erza don't get one, and then Juvia turning it down to suck up to Gray. Then Lucy et al could turn it down too under peer pressure.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Nah. It's very likely that other mages of Fairy Tail achieved that second thingie and most of the elite mages as well.
Come to think of it, maybe this is why the whole world's gotten stronger over the last 7 years.

Oh wait, nope. If that were the case, Jet and Droy would've known about the concept :(

Bulba
December 10, 2011, 06:01 PM
I didn't recognize Meredy at first.

I really hope that Jellal isn't going to be an antagonist again.

Also, has it been confirmed that one of the DS duo was an iron DS? I'm hoping we get new elements...

Jorge D. Dragon
December 11, 2011, 08:54 AM
I really liked the chapter.:)
It was good to see Gerard again:) He has his own Guild now and has two very sexy girls with him.:) Actually the page where we got to see those three was really priceless. Ultear got very hot and mature and still pretty young, while Meredy now looks like a beautiful and shy teenage girl.:)
I liked the name of the Guild they chose. Even though french is not my favourite language, but the name fits really great.:)

The power-up looks pretty good for me. It was great that Mashima actually invented really a good route for the main characters to power up and also make them meet Gerard, Urtear and Meredy.;) After such a power-up I can see Natsu being considerably stronger than Elza pre-timeskip. And Elza herself might get closer to Luxus.:)

Also I like where we are getting. Many of forum members predicted that someone will intervene the Tournament, but it actually gets even more sinister, because it may be that someone is behind the scenes already. I can clearly see that someone may use a Tournament as a way to suck magic power and it might be Ivan or someone else (even the Council). I believe that it isn't Zeref and I also believe he won't be actually an antagonist in the future, but I might be wrong.

I'm really looking up to the Tournament to see Sabertooth and other strong Guilds.:) Also the pupetire who is behind the scene is bound to be interesting.:)

P.S. The look that Elza gave to Gerard might be the look of jealousy, because he has two hot girls with him for so many years.;)

Uriel
December 11, 2011, 10:56 AM
Come to think of it, maybe this is why the whole world's gotten stronger over the last 7 years.
Oh wait, nope. If that were the case, Jet and Droy would've known about the concept :(
Elite Member. ELITE. ELITE

Nor Jet or Droy are that cool to know.

kkck
December 11, 2011, 11:09 AM
Well. urtear can force the usage of that second magic container within a body however it does not seem like it is something attainable under ordinary means nor quickly. If that was the case then it would make sense for them to train normally to access it within the next few days rather than ur using such methods. Anyways, I wonder what exactly erza is concerned with. Does she not trust gerard? Is there reason for her to not trust them? I mean, it kinda seemed like they found ways to redeem themselves... Dunno, for me it would be weird if any suspicion erza has of them were to be true.

lawlett-kun
December 11, 2011, 11:14 AM
Well. urtear can force the usage of that second magic container within a body however it does not seem like it is something attainable under ordinary means nor quickly. If that was the case then it would make sense for them to train normally to access it within the next few days rather than ur using such methods. Anyways, I wonder what exactly erza is concerned with. Does she not trust gerard? Is there reason for her to not trust them? I mean, it kinda seemed like they found ways to redeem themselves... Dunno, for me it would be weird if any suspicion erza has of them were to be true.

dont think too much about it. Erza is simply jelous. she cant stand the thought that jelal was together with urtear for 7 yrs haha. On the serious note i think she is afraid that his memory returned and he will come back to his past self.

kkck
December 11, 2011, 11:17 AM
for me one of the most interesting aspects of the chapters was the explanation of how magic works in earthland. Now we know that people in earthland don't actually generate magic within their bodies but rather they store it when absorbing it from the air. That actually explains why they could not use magic when in edoras, there simply is not enough magic there for them to absorb. The pills gerar gave them were probably magic steroids of sorts or perhaps something that improved the magic absorption methods.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

dont think too much about it. Erza is simply jelous. she cant stand the thought that jelal was together with urtear for 7 yrs haha. On the serious note i think she is afraid that his memory returned and he will come back to his past self.

Well, gerard coming to his past self is not in itself a problem. The issue would be on which past self he goes back to. Kid, non influenced gerard or the gerard from the tower.... Who knows how 8 years of manipulation could have affected him...

matzik1212
December 11, 2011, 01:00 PM
I personally wish to believe in Jellal , to believe he changed and became a good guy that's trying his best to erase his wrong past doings :^_^
I liked very much his expression while watching Nasu and co. enjoy the good news Ultear gave them . Erza probably still has her doubts and i don't blame her 'cause she went through a lot of hardships 'cause of him ....i hope this time Jellal remains the way he is now 'cause i like this idea of him becoming an ally of the lot that were on Tenrou Island and Ultear's ability is really convenient for them now that they have only 5 days till the tournament

lawlett-kun
December 11, 2011, 03:07 PM
@kkck- yeah i meant the tower gerard. But on the other hand i really doubt we going to see a "bad" gerard

kidopitz27
December 11, 2011, 08:19 PM
so Mashima's answer to the 3 months training is this ? i like that part that there is no Training arc but to use Ultear's power as an excuse for that party :(

sarutobi_sensei
December 12, 2011, 06:21 AM
Now that make much more sense, and thanks for the update ghostexiled. How many of you think Ultear's new magic is an ass pull? I don't seem to care but just going along with it for now. lol. They seem to need it more anyway especially Natsu. Is that a fan service as well, Natsu X Ultear? XD

It's not an ass pull. According to Hades, Arc of Time when completed can make a person travel trough time, she said that it was now a new and improved, I see it as evolution.

You're right about that. I always felt they were a good match for each other after they had their battle.

Yeah, that was my favourite part. :p

You know, I've been thinking about it and if the double-cross thing is fake, I have a feeling after this arc is over, Leon and Grey will decide to join Crime Sorciere because they feel they have an obligation towards Ultear. They're both former students of her mother, so it's quite fitting that they would join CS because of her. And I wouldn't doubt that there would romantic motives from Grey for joining her. :^_^

I'm 95% sure that it won't happen. Gray would never leave Fairy Tail, even if he does "love" Urtear. Even if he does feel an obligation towards Ur, he won't leave FT.

It's likely that the discovery was only discovered during the 7-year timespan.

She said that :)

Am I the only one who thinks there will be another side effect to their powerup?? Remember, it's Ultear's Time Magic we're talking about. I think a second side effect would be the rapid aging of the characters. Think about it. Ultear said the trade-off would be unspeakable amounts of pain. What would be the cause of that?? simple.

Because of the rapid aging, their bodies also deteriorate painfully at a quickened pace. It's kinda like how Naruto's Kyuubi V2 form works. But the thing is, I'm seeing that they won't age that much. My guess is, they'll age 7-10 years older. So.... Mashima is pretty much fulfilling the fans' new design requests in his own unique way. And I gotta say, if this happens, Mashima is a genius.

I'd love that to happen. Them actually getting older would be really nice, but I doubt it. Then they'd be older than the rest of Tenrou Group and older than the new Dragon Slayers.

Lets not forget this is a shounen, normally shounen main characters are between 12/14 - 20/21 years.

Them getting 7 years older would mean they're now 24/25 or older.

So, the side effect will be lotsa pain XD

Newkerzy
December 12, 2011, 10:04 AM
I'd love that to happen. Them actually getting older would be really nice, but I doubt it. Then they'd be older than the rest of Tenrou Group and older than the new Dragon Slayers.

Lets not forget this is a shounen, normally shounen main characters are between 12/14 - 20/21 years.

Them getting 7 years older would mean they're now 24/25 or older.

So, the side effect will be lotsa pain XD

Well, you do remember that there's one example in Rurouni Kenshin's main character is in his late 20's, so, if he really wants to, he could make it work.

As for Ultear/Gray I've always liked that particular couple. So, I wouldn't mind it happening. :^_^ just a little fanboy wish.

kkck
December 12, 2011, 12:45 PM
I wonder how the boost the gang will get will compare to the result of everyone's training. I mean, if it is much better than 3 months worth of training then natsu and co would be in a significantly superior position than the rest of the gang. Does that make sense plotwise? I guess it is possible for at least gajeel and laxus to get access to that boost in due time.

We also have to consider the side effects of using the magic on the gang. Arc of time by definition does not work on humans however the usage urtear is about to use his magic on humans. We saw what happened to azuma and zoldio, the side effects of their magic could be quite severe. Perhaps this is what erza was worried about in some form? that gerard would allow urtear to risk herself to that extent? perhaps urtear is willing to take this risk because she feels bad for all the bad things she did? It is entirely possible she might be worried gerard would expose himself to such dangers too....

kidopitz27
December 12, 2011, 08:02 PM
i hope that arc of time can give them at least 7 years worth of training hahahahahaha i feel sorry for the team of Laxus :(

Jorge D. Dragon
December 13, 2011, 02:45 AM
kkck
Actually I don't think that Urtear's power-up can be compared with the training. I don't think that Gajeel will be even near Natsu or Grey in power. Actually maybe Levi will be closer to him than he will be to Natsu or Grey.
Also I do believe that Natsu will be significantly stronger than Elza before timeskip, but still not at Luxus's level. Also I hope Luxus will become closer to Gildarts both in terms of power and skill.

About Urtear's magic... I don't think that there is any problem or sideaffect with using her magic in this case. We already saw how she used her magic to change or cancel other magic spells, so I can clearly see how she will develop those magic containers to make 2x boost for everyone's magical power.;)
Also I don't think that her case about not using magic on humans can be considered the same as Zoldeo's. He broke the rules, but she actually can't use her magic directly on humans.

Lee-tyme7
December 13, 2011, 07:04 AM
If ultear new found magic can boost up their powers by refilling their containers, does that mean she can also empty opponent's containers as well? Doesn't this make her the most powerful mage in the world?

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

It's not an ass pull. According to Hades, Arc of Time when completed can make a person travel trough time, she said that it was now a new and improved, I see it as evolution.

Where does it state that? I thought it was said that her magic can only work on objects and not human, period.

Ifrit
December 13, 2011, 07:47 AM
Where does it state that? I thought it was said that her magic can only work on objects and not human, period.

The reason why Ultear wanted Zeref to be awake is that she will complete her Arc of Time...which means she will be able to travel through time..and go back to a time before she hated her mother....go back to the chapter when she fought Gray, it was stated there if I'm not mistaken.

that a side ...thinking in what you said...if Ultear really can empty the magic inside someone...that does make her the most powerful mage in this series...even Gildartz + Makarov won't stand a chance against her...I think Mashima did something wrong using this one....

And It was stated somewhere in this manga that the magic of a mage is like his life..if it's taken away..it will only lead to one thing... Killing him.....Azuma Fight....Phantom Arc....when Makarov lost his magic.

So basically mages with elements such as Juvia,Natsu ,and Gray the magic is kinda like a living magic...so she shouldn't even be able to control Gray Ice....maybe a magic like Erza's magic she can control...it simply doesn't make any sense to me......

crimsonlink310
December 13, 2011, 05:53 PM
So I power read through the series in about 2 weeks. It is a great read so far but I'm disappointed with Mashima's solution to Natsu's and co's power problem. I'm glad he skipped a training arc but Ultears solution doesn't sound that great.

Even if you get more magic power, its not gonna help if you don't have 1 or 2 weeks to make up new moves and refine your new magic. Also the Steller Spirits wasting away the group's time was funny but stupid. They should have known better, especially Loke who should know how much training the group needs.

Maybe the group will get lucky by having the tournament delayed a few days or maybe 2 weeks. BTW I wouldn't underestimate Gajeel and Lily. Gajeel may have gotten the 2nd magic core and some new Iron Dragon Slayer techs. Everyone will have new moves at the very least except Natsu's group unless they have more time.

Makes me kind of sad that Natsu and most of Fairy tail lost 7 years of training and going on missions for experience. Then Natsu's group losing another 3 months of training on top of that.

In fact, if Ultear's power up was done to everyone that is out and training for the tournament then Natsu's group would be the weakest with the exception of Erza. I'm pretty sure Laxus and his group will get their 2nd magic core opened since they are very intelligent.

I certainly hope that Gajeel gets his 2nd magic core open, then all 3 Dragon Slayers will get more powerful.

Well thats all I have to say until the tournament starts and we find out about everyone's power ups.

yellowblue
December 13, 2011, 06:04 PM
I find it entertaining people expecting Mashima to follow the rules of a typical battle manga. He can throw any weird things out there and troll us again and again and can easily get away with it because parallel universe exists. It's what makes the manga interesting, funny and refreshing. Fairy tail is not for everyone and I know a few who really dislikes this manga.

I hope with the double magic container upgrade Natsu can now fire two lightning fire before passing out. I think Lucy will significantly take advantage of the upgrade and can now theoretically summon all of his celestial beings without passing out as well.

shinjiru777
December 16, 2011, 05:57 PM
I know this will not happen, but if things goes like this I think, Ultear should thief/ empty thier magic powers and next wendy should use these dragon power's magic or something like that...

Kuzumikun
December 16, 2011, 09:45 PM
Ohhhh another thing I am soooo curious if Wendy will be able to use her new magic skills!
What I want to see:
~Lucy fighting (OF COURSE)
~New characters and their magic
~See how everyone's magic progressed

RaveDragon
December 17, 2011, 09:30 AM
Ohhhh another thing I am soooo curious if Wendy will be able to use her new magic skills!
What I want to see:
~Lucy fighting (OF COURSE)
~New characters and their magic
~See how everyone's magic progressed

I totally agree but I'd like some new unexpected moves, maybe the use of some planned maneuvers, spells for Lucy andmain plot development, he can't deny us now that Rogue and sting (and raven tail as well) are coming in!

MyuuMyuu
December 17, 2011, 11:41 AM
shouldn't the new chapter be out about now?

HumanRage
December 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
prediction : natsu already got his second tank unlocked :P

MariuszNo
December 17, 2011, 02:23 PM
prediction : natsu already got his second tank unlocked :P

No he has a third tank :P
Lucy will call Spirit King out to kick his ass :P

Breaker NW is already out and where is Fairy Tail ?

Falcor
December 17, 2011, 02:24 PM
shouldn't the new chapter be out about now?
As per MangaStream, "It seems there's no FT this week (the magazine is on a break).
Dec 17th, 2011 at 10:07am PDT"

elitefox
December 19, 2011, 04:05 AM
Well, you do remember that there's one example in Rurouni Kenshin's main character is in his late 20's, so, if he really wants to, he could make it work.

As for Ultear/Gray I've always liked that particular couple. So, I wouldn't mind it happening. :^_^ just a little fanboy wish.

The only thing is Ultear is 7 years older :s

Schabrak
December 19, 2011, 10:20 AM
Should there really be an age discussion in a manga about dragons, fairies and magic? And looking at the panels with both of them, Gray doesn't seem to care about it at all, hell I wouldn't. :D

Newkerzy
December 19, 2011, 12:28 PM
The only thing is Ultear is 7 years older :s

Not if Ultear's Time Magic makes Gray 7 years older.

llamapie
December 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
I don't like this power up. I was hoping for the time chamber idea so they actually worked for their power ups. Handing it to em seems .... well Mashima-ish I suppose. I was looking forward to an actual training arc for once. xD

rosco12
December 19, 2011, 02:00 PM
While thinking about the second container of magic, I came up with a theory.
I think the second container for magic is something that Hades the master of Grimoire heart discoved. He wasn't able to use it, but created is own extra container via his "heart" on his ship, which granted him a huge extra amount of magic until it was destroyed. That would explain how Ultear would know of it, while almost no one else would have benefited from it.

Zsych
December 19, 2011, 10:52 PM
She talked about it having been noticed through recent research. Its probably just that other people haven't figured out how to use it yet.

As for the power-up... the writer likely just didn't want to bother drawing a training arc, and this does speed things along straight to the action.

Ifrit
December 21, 2011, 08:40 AM
WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS :

Laxus Vs. Jura

RaveDragon
December 22, 2011, 05:38 AM
Not if Ultear's Time Magic makes Gray 7 years older.

but her magic cant affect living things right? ^^'

WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS :

Laxus Vs. Jura

Natsu, Gray and Elfman (or whoever) vs the trimens would be funny

but tbh i think Raven tail might cause trouble unless they disguise and participate they might be an independent guild but theyre still a dark guild or at least considered such by FT.