PDA

View Full Version : Complete Threads of Time by Mi Young Noh

ashher
December 08, 2011, 12:29 PM
Name: Threads of time

Length: 11 vol

Description: From Tokyopop:

High school student Moon Bin Lee has difficulty sleeping due to a recurring nightmare: he's stranded over a thousand years in the past chasing a dark-haired girl into a deep abyss.

Before long, the nightmare overwhelms him, and he is unable to tell whether he is Moon Bin, a Seoul teenager at the end of the second Millennium, or Sa Kyoung Kim, the son of a prominent warrior family in the middle of the first Millennium. People in his present-day life assume roles in his historical life as he struggles to learn exactly who he is and what he's expected to do, straddling a transmigratory portal through time and space.

In the present, his school's kendo club battles to stay in the championships... but in the past, Moon Bin finds himself at the threshold of a territorial dispute on the plains of Mongolia.

Mangaupdate:threads of time (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3077)

My Impression: Really good. One needs to get used to the pace of the manwhaga first though. Her sense of not-going-over-the-top is amazing, specially considering that she was only in her twenties at the time. The ending is beautiful. Her characterization skill is really good too. While i didn't agree with the way she depicted her characters at times, and that the number of characters is pretty limited, at the end i had to come to respect her ways. Cons would be that it takes a while for someone to get used to the pace and for the plot to actually take off, and that you'll dislike the characters at times. But as i've said before, one do end feeling for the characters.

Verdict: Better than shin angyo onshi, though i guess they are not really same type of work. Its a high praise imo...in fact this manwha has made me mention it to ' the favorite manwha thread'.