PDA

View Full Version : Character The Future of Aokiji

alarcon032002
December 16, 2011, 12:06 AM
Sorry but couldn't think of a better title. I posted this in the commentary section of the latest chapter, but guess it belongs elsewhere since its a prediction after all.

Well I want to be the first one to make this prediction (hopefully), about Aokiji being the next crew member. We've all learned throughout the years that Oda is not that predictable, and is still too soon to say anything, but I have seen so many predictions before that why don't make one myself. I get the feeling that in the manga they have portrayed Aokiji and Akainu as good and evil. Going back to Ohara when Mr. Kuzan was uneasy about the decision that the elders had taken to destroy an island full of scholars, and the behavior of Saulo (after what he learned from Olivia) led the man to let Robin go. The reasons why he allowed the Strawhats to leave after confronting Luffy makes me believe he is an honorable man. In contrast, the radical justice of Mr. Sukasuki in Ohara when he killed all Ohara civilians, in the war where he was killing runaway soliders instead of kicking pirate's ass, and the fact that his recommendation as fleet admiral made Aokiji step up to take the spot. I suppose that Aokiji thought that the methods used by the marines would become cruel and obsessive if Akainu took place. I think that Aokiji in an attempt to pursue his "own justice", like he once said, will drive him to join the Strawhats in an attempt of opposition of what the marines might turn into. The chapter where brook joined is title "the eight," therefore with the unconfirmed Jinbei they still would need an addition coming from the new world. With their new power-ups one can safely assume that they would need a strong member, and they still don't have a Logia or a giant (-_- he is kinda tall, right? jajaja). Furthermore, I think that the trail that the Strawhats have left so far is that they have fought oppressive people and rescue friends, and he knows this that's why he left them go after nailing Crocodile. As the story keeps on developing we all know that more of these incidents will keep unraveling, and maybe this will have him question the motives of the elders for wiping Ohara even more so that what he already has. Man I freaking loooove these kinds of episodes and I am really excited. I mean all of us had it coming that Blackbeard would become a Yonkou, and yes it was to be expected that one of the legendary weapons to be Uranus xD. I think that is kinda cool that Blackbeard can take unlimited amount of powers into his control, at this rate Luffy will have to beat him Ussop style by throwing rocks at him. I freaking love Oda Sensei, too many things left to speculation; what's so important for Jimbei that he can't join right away?, where the ancient weapons created?, what's up with D?, what's up with Joyboy?, what's on Raftel; info, money, both?, what's the purpose of Noah?, will the strawhats join the revolutionaries in an attempt to overthrow the government, once they learn phoneglyph info? why is it relevant that Luffy can understand sea kings?, who are the two new admirals?, the new members of the Shishibukai?, what's "the new power" that the marines acquired after Akainu became fleet admiral?, what's up with the marine elders?, how in the name of god the lost civilization got whipped out if it was so powerful?, is Luffy going to destroy the island?, was the New Fishman Pirates just a warm up for Big mom?, and I am pretty sure I am missing lots more (I really am an Obahan with an existential problem). Well friend I apologize for the essay, but I liked the chapter a lot, so if you are reading these last words let me thank you for your patience, jajaja.

---------- Post added December 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

No you theory is ridiculous, impossible, dumb, baseless, though is just a theory

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

In response to the massive discussion that I caused with this controversial topic, I am answering the side of my brain that says is impossible.

I am not sure left side of my brain, as far as I know, a while ago it seem pretty unrealistic to have an ex-shishibukai joining the gang and now its pretty plausible. It's pretty safe to say that as far as Oda goes there is nothing impossible, and remember he loves big twists.

Besides a lot of the current members shouldn't have joined; pirate hunter zoro, nami stole from pirates and hated them with passion, the coward ussop, probably will have a merman that doubtfully will have joined another human crew (except maybe whitebeard), and the rest are just weird robots, walking skeletons, talking raccoons, and unexpectedly a normal archeologist with a traumatic past. The only thing missing from that equation is a marine.

I am not saying I am sure he will join, but I think that there is potential. Most the reasons why people think this is impossible is because of strength, pride and ideals interference. Nonetheless, he has shown to be pretty easy going and careless. Of course, he would not join unless he is overpowered by Luffy, but as seen in the war Yonkou are the real deal; Luffy has to eventually overcome them. I mean only one yonkou fought the war against the admirals, shishibukai, and a bunch of marines, and when the second one came about everyone abstained from fighting any longer. Therefore, as far as I know there is not a real gauge to tell how powerful an admiral is.

Now, Aokiji stepped down because he doesn't want to work under Akainu, but I think is safe to assume that he will not join any party for a while. I would think he will choose to act only when he considers that justice has been corrupted by which time he will join an anti-government faction. This might allow sufficient time for Luffy to kick some Yonko's booty. I like the prediction of him becoming a revolutionary though, but its the same as my theory in the sense that he will always work under somebody. If you are a marine, what would be worse, becoming a pirate that you've always hunted? or a revolutionary that has always been in war with you? On the other hand the connection has been made with the Strawhats for a while now.

The cool thing about One Piece is not only the action, but the unraveling of the story. The Strawhat crew will eventually learn what happened in the void century, which might cause a bigger attempt to overthrow the government. Why is it so impossible to think that all of that will get to Aokiji at some point through the Strawhats.

I am liking the discussion and maybe there is something that I am missing that really makes it impossible, and the fact that people don't go beyond the first sentence in my postings. This is only a theory, right? I thought I share it because I think is pretty sound. Up to now the people that say that the theory is idiotic don't give valid counterarguments. I also think that boney will play an important role, but she has a crew and is not that strong.

The strength argument depends on time and nobody knows when the next addition is coming, ideals might be shared if marines start employing radical methods, he is the Logia that the crew is missing, he is anti-pirate like 50% of the crew was, and anyways who the hell knows I think it fits.

Geez
December 16, 2011, 10:12 AM
Ok so first off all, you need to to do something about your post. It is extremely painful to read.
Seriously :notrust

and yes it was to be expected that one of the legendary weapons to be Uranus xD It's funny 'cause i don't recall anyone to give that name a year ago...

I freaking love Oda Sensei, too many things left to speculation; what's so important for Jimbei that he can't join right away?, where the ancient weapons created?, what's up with D?, what's up with Joyboy?, what's on Raftel; info, money, both?, what's the purpose of Noah?, will the strawhats join the revolutionaries in an attempt to overthrow the government, once they learn phoneglyph info? why is it relevant that Luffy can understand sea kings?, who are the two new admirals?, the new members of the Shishibukai?, what's "the new power" that the marines acquired after Akainu became fleet admiral?, what's up with the marine elders?, how in the name of god the lost civilization got whipped out if it was so powerful?, is Luffy going to destroy the island?, was the New Fishman Pirates just a warm up for Big mom?, and I am pretty sure I am missing lots more (I really am an Obahan with an existential problem).
This has nothing to do here, i read it but it's not related to Aokiji joining SH :/ I'll only answer the question about luffy, it's relevant because it means that he's the one that the world is waiting for. Like a Messiah, and especially the one who will make the promise that JoyBoy made come true.

Now i'll admit your theory has its advantages. The guy is honorable, had been "good" with the SH, he is doubting the methods of the Marines and SH crew misses a logia. But even so, what would be his role on the ship? I mean, when luffy decides to take a new crewmate, there's always a condition like "shipwright" or "navigator". (Cyclist is not one of them lol)

If I follow your arguments, Aokiji could also part with another pirate, X Drake. He was a former Rear Admiral after all. Or maybe his lust of justice could make him join ex-CP9 agents or even create his own independent organization that follows his "true" justice.
...I always pictured him as a loner, so all these theories seem kinda weird for me.

I'll agree at some point though, at the final war when everything will be explained, i can totally see him helping Luffy but like an ally, not an underling.

matzik1212
December 19, 2011, 08:11 AM
Wow that's a pretty long post , i think it took you a while to write it lol
Now about your prediction , i think it would be interesting if Aokiji could join 'cause from all the Navy's members i always had a weakness so to say for Aokiji :) He's a likeable character IMO with a strong sense for justice and from what we saw he definitely has some sort of consideration towards Luffy but that doesn't mean he could ever become an underling of Luffy ...
He's a man with lots of experience and even if he has some consideration towards Luffy i'm sure his sense of justice is too big for him to become a pirate .....in the most happy of cases he could become an ally and help Luffy from the shadows without reveling his identity (this could happen 'cause he already helped Robin :D)

frontaLobotomy
December 19, 2011, 08:31 AM
Kuzan is more likely to become a member of the Revolutionary Army than a member of the Strawhat Pirates. He really would tip the scales in terms of power, as Admirals seem fairly comfortable taking on the entire crew of a Yonkou, if Akainu is anything to go by.

I'm guessing Blackbeard will be after his ability either way, so he might be in trouble.

Ledoke
December 19, 2011, 10:23 AM
But even so, what would be his role on the ship? I mean, when luffy decides to take a new crewmate, there's always a condition like "shipwright" or "navigator". (Cyclist is not one of them lol)
What, isn't it obvious? He will be a "refrigerator": Luffy will kill a gigantic sea monster, unable to fit it all in their fridge he will consider giving up being a PK so he can eat it all day... then out of nowhere Aokiji appears saying that he will do anything if they fix his bike. From that day on he will stay on their ship chilling, making sure that a gigantic iceberg of meat that Sunny now pulls doesn't thaw and riding his bike in circles on the deck xD

Schabrak
December 19, 2011, 10:45 AM
Would a mod be so nice and merge it with the thread above, the one that deals with Next Nakama candidate (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/64747-The-Search-for-Straw-Hat-s-New-Nakama...-2nd-edition?p=2711490#post2711490), please.

Just as Geez has already explained in more detail, why would Luffy ask him to join his crew, which appeal would bring him to do so?? He's likely one of the most experienced characters, has dealt with people of his level, end-game characters, there's probably no dream that he could achieve by partaking in the big journey to the One Piece. Aokiji is/was one of the freest people with his powers, which was already displayed in the past.

Him being alone or create an alliance with the Revolutionary Army or other opposing factions would more sense, I see no need for him to appear in the main plot till the ending Imo.

And welcome to the [writing] forum. :D

UnknownMugiwara
December 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
Wouldn't it ruin him as a charater is he became a pirate?
One of the reasons he is so cool is that he brings justice to the world the way we want it, by being more fair.
And I'm not saying letting the SH go was smart (for lets face it, that wasn't a smart move), but not being all cruel and melting everyong in your way O:

Now i'll admit your theory has its advantages. The guy is honorable, had been "good" with the SH, he is doubting the methods of the Marines and SH crew misses a logia. But even so, what would be his role on the ship? I mean, when Oda decides to take a new crewmate, there's always a condition like "shipwright" or "navigator". (Cyclist is not one of them lol)

Fixed it :) Luffy chooses people he likes or think is cool. He didn't know Chopper was a doctor or that Usopp was a sniper when they joined.

Zehahaha
December 19, 2011, 02:20 PM
No he won't join.
Too strong, too uber, no possibility for him to grow stronger unlike the other SH's.

Zatono
December 19, 2011, 02:24 PM
There's a better chance that he'll join the Revolutionary Army. I agree with the point that he's already a top tier, and there's not much room for him to grow since he'd probably stomp just about every enemy.

Not to mention that they just got Jinbei, despite the delay he's going to have, and chances are they'll be getting Hancock at some point too.

kkck
December 20, 2011, 04:32 PM
I don't quite see this. Aokiji is someone who cares for justice even if just a lazy one. Such a thing is not something which he could genuinely accomplish by joining the strawhats on a selfish quest for one piece and whatever other little dream the other kids in the crew follow. I don't quite see him following after luffy or the monster trio either, it really does not fit his character to merely follow a crew of pirates. Aokiji is a character that to me makes sense only if he follows a greater purpose in the manga, not just following a bunch of kids. I would argue aokiji opposed akainu because akainu is a extrema man that turns selfless justice into reckless vengeance. Even when following what appeared to be a moderate man like sengoku the marines where more than willing to kill as many civilians as "necessary" for "justice". With akainu this excesses are bound to have increased considerably to say the least (I take it this is what jinbe meant by a stronger army of justice, increased power of what marines were allowed to do). I would argue aokiji as a whole would make far more sense as a member of the revolutionaries rather than as a member of some pirate crew in the end. He would be able to put an end to the extremes which the world government goes to (which he clearly seems to disagree with considering the ohara events) and fight for genuine justice and truth which the world government does not quite seem to follow.

ErosVp
December 20, 2011, 08:56 PM
Instead of merging this thread with thd next nakama thread, it is better to change the title to "The Future of Aokiji".
I think the revolutionary army fits Aokiji better, since Dragon and their companions also seeks a kind of justice...

Kaiten
December 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
Done. Any predictions about Aokiji, his future, and possible employers is on topic.

Aokiji joining the Revolutionary Army sounds reasonable and would be an interesting plot twist. Other than the Revolutionaries I can only really imahine him being his own man, not joining any crew or organization, mostly sleeping a lot. There is no question he has a role, and is a friend of the Strawhats, but as with most everyone I doubt he would ever join the crew. I'm curious if he holds any grudge against the Marine or World Government though. It sounded as though he lost a fair, honorable fight and left gracefully.

ErosVp
December 21, 2011, 01:52 AM
I still have my doubts if it was a fair honorable fight. The rule "dead man tell no tales" is suspicious, I wouldn't be surprised that if Oda show us the fight we learn Akainu used a dirty trick...

Kaiten
December 21, 2011, 01:47 PM
I think "dead men tell no tales" meant that the fight was winner take all, a fight to the death. Aokiji lived because Akainu is not quite monster enough to kill another comrade. You are right though, there is nothing to indicate the fight was fair or honorable. All we know is that Aokiji hates Akainu and is no ally of the marines. What he thinks about the Marie and World Government as institutions are another story, I am not sure he has turned against them so much as he is an enemy of one high ranking man. That is why I do not think he will become a Revolutionary, he would have to support the complete destruction of the World Government and Marine in order to join their cause. He may aid them later on, if he thinks that they can defeat certain unjust individuals within the government, be it Akainu or the Gorosei, without destroying the entire system.

Tonix
December 22, 2011, 06:35 AM
Akainu just doesn't seem like the type to spare Aokiji, we saw him kill other Marines with no hesitation at Marineford.

My crazy theory:
Aokiji actually won the duel and spared Akainu, but decided to leave the Marines after coming to some sort of revelation about how blood thirsty the marines had become, or he was tired of being a pawn for the WG, and the WG covered the truth up to boost confidence in the new Fleet Admiral.

Schabrak
December 22, 2011, 06:49 AM
You don't just fight ten days to near death for the top position of the Marines, just to let go of it to let that happen what you tried to hinder with all your might. That wouldn't make no sense Imo.

hoeru
December 22, 2011, 10:34 AM
I think he may be with Lucci and the other former CP9 agents. I can't say why actually, but to me it would make sense. Even if he can't do anything for this generation, he could be helpful to have influence on the understanding of justice for the next generation...

daman246
December 22, 2011, 11:11 AM
Aokiji cannot join the strawhats for many reasons 1st he is way to strong. if he joins the meaning behinds strawhats becomes nothing since everyone will fear Aokiji. Aokiji needs to join someone that has a powerfull leader which is Dragon

hokageji
December 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
Aokiji will be an alliance at some stage, not a nakama though... anyways, sticking to the new topic of this thread...

I feel Aokiji will form an alliance with some former govt/marine guys with a strong sense of justice. Cp9 is possible, but their sense of justice wasnt very different from Akainu's.

I think BB will fight aokiji at some point, looking for his df ability

Ninja_Pirate
December 23, 2011, 04:36 AM
He is going to garp for sure.. garp is his ideal ,,, and will help him to train others..

Kaiten
December 24, 2011, 02:08 AM
That would be a very interesting team. Garp and Aokiji traveling the new world together. No matter what really happened between he and Akainu there is no doubt that Aokiji will have a role to play later. Garp will too, and it would be very interesting if they were together.

rosco12
December 24, 2011, 06:16 AM
Personnaly, when I red the chapter, and find out about the fight between Akainu and Aokiji, I immediately considered it a made up story. I believe that after the war with Whitebeard, the WG decided that the result of that war gave them a great opportunity.
The result of the war were:
- one yonkou gone
- Blackbeard making is move to take the title
- the remnant of the Whitebeard pirates struggling in the new world
- and by luck 7 supernova entering it as well (7 supernova were consider enough to affect the new world).
When you put all this together, it's clear that the pirates in the NW will be to busy to trouble the WG much.

So the WG decided to turn their attention to their other problem: the Revolutionnary army. And to deal with it, they came up with a plan to infiltrate it with someone strong enough to actually hurt it. From there came the plan, that Aokiji sense of justice will make him much more believable as revolutionary than the other admirals, so they created a situation, where it looks like he really dislike the direction the WG is going, and is ready to fight to oppose it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that during the two year time skip, Aokiji was witnessed preventing/stopping some questionable act of the government, just to make is story more believable once he joins the revolutionary army.

Newkerzy
December 24, 2011, 07:40 AM
I think "dead men tell no tales" meant that the fight was winner take all, a fight to the death. Aokiji lived because Akainu is not quite monster enough to kill another comrade. You are right though, there is nothing to indicate the fight was fair or honorable. All we know is that Aokiji hates Akainu and is no ally of the marines. What he thinks about the Marie and World Government as institutions are another story, I am not sure he has turned against them so much as he is an enemy of one high ranking man. That is why I do not think he will become a Revolutionary, he would have to support the complete destruction of the World Government and Marine in order to join their cause. He may aid them later on, if he thinks that they can defeat certain unjust individuals within the government, be it Akainu or the Gorosei, without destroying the entire system.

That would be a very interesting team. Garp and Aokiji traveling the new world together. No matter what really happened between he and Akainu there is no doubt that Aokiji will have a role to play later. Garp will too, and it would be very interesting if they were together.

I have said this way back, Aokiji was nominated for the position because Garp and Sengoku knew that WG was downright corrupt and they weren't blind about it. Not only that, they also knew that Blackbeard must be defeated for the sake of the entire world. To do that, they would need to form an alliance with the pirates (and perhaps RA). And the only person who's willing to compromise for that situation would be Aokiji. Aokiji also serves as a buffer to prevent the WG from over-abusing their authorities. That's what Garp and Sengoku was aiming for.

Kaiten
December 25, 2011, 12:25 PM
Personnaly, when I red the chapter, and find out about the fight between Akainu and Aokiji, I immediately considered it a made up story. I believe that after the war with Whitebeard, the WG decided that the result of that war gave them a great opportunity.
The result of the war were:
- one yonkou gone
- Blackbeard making is move to take the title
- the remnant of the Whitebeard pirates struggling in the new world
- and by luck 7 supernova entering it as well (7 supernova were consider enough to affect the new world).
When you put all this together, it's clear that the pirates in the NW will be to busy to trouble the WG much.

So the WG decided to turn their attention to their other problem: the Revolutionnary army. And to deal with it, they came up with a plan to infiltrate it with someone strong enough to actually hurt it. From there came the plan, that Aokiji sense of justice will make him much more believable as revolutionary than the other admirals, so they created a situation, where it looks like he really dislike the direction the WG is going, and is ready to fight to oppose it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that during the two year time skip, Aokiji was witnessed preventing/stopping some questionable act of the government, just to make is story more believable once he joins the revolutionary army.

I'm not sure we can consider the narrator unreliable at this point, until we know the source of the news. Jinbe is to honest to repeat something he belived to be lies. For all we know Aokiji himself spread word of the battle. Even if Akainu released an embellished story I expect certain facts to be true: there was a battle, Aokiji lost but survived, and is no longer a marine. Akainu may have won via devious means, he may have intended to take Aokiji's life yet failed, but the results will be as Jinbe reported. The bigger question is what role will Aokiji play, now that he is no longer a marine. There are now three very, very powerful former marines wandering about: Aokiji, Garp, and Sengoku. All three have a role to play, and one can assume that even if they do not ally themselves with pirates or the revolutionaries, they will be antagonistic towards the marine.

Shojin
January 08, 2012, 04:56 PM
Something tells me that he'll end up with the revolutionary army.

Giotto10
January 23, 2012, 04:56 PM
well i have been dying to ask this question so i made an account. so do you guys think he might join i mean he is not in with the WG anymore so he has no ties with them. i know that some of you will say that if he joins the strawhats they will be way to powerful and specially after luffy asked jimbe to join but i think that doesn't matter since the opponents they are going to face will be a lot stronger too.

Oni Giri
January 23, 2012, 05:19 PM
ok. first, calm down, breath deeply.

if he's convinced that government is corrupted and evil he should join the revolution. why would he bother with piracy after his long life as an admiral. i don't think he'd be a pirate just to see the other side.

and i dont agree that their opponents will be a lot stronger than aokiji. at best 3-4 people will be slightly stronger than aokiji imo.

hoeru
January 24, 2012, 09:07 PM
No. I don't think he'll join the Strawhats as member. As assist somewhere, maybe. But for now, there might be another possible affiliation within the world government like the Cipher Pol units.

As Jinbe said, no one knows what happened to him nor where he went. And he has always stood for relaxed justice. The Strawhat Pirates just want to fulfill their dreams - and I don't see how Kuzan would fit into this.

tret16
January 24, 2012, 09:19 PM
i personally see Aokiji joining the RA before joinin the strawhats. The revolutionaries work is to destroy the evil of marines basically. So i could see him joining the RA in order to take out the evil influences.

FriedRice
January 25, 2012, 10:36 AM
Knowing How Aokiji likes to sleep and relax, he's probably out there somewhere on some random island taking a nap! But yes, him joining the Rebel army is more likely than him joining the straw hats

Kaiten
January 28, 2012, 10:46 PM
Short answer: no.

I do not see him joining the Strawhats, or any pirate crew. Not really in character. Nor would it add anything to the story. Like Hoeru I could see him aiding the Strawhats later in the story, but not becoming a permanent crew member.

Zatono
January 28, 2012, 11:57 PM
i personally see Aokiji joining the RA before joinin the strawhats. The revolutionaries work is to destroy the evil of marines basically. So i could see him joining the RA in order to take out the evil influences.

Actually, the goal of the RA is to topple the World Government entirely IIRC. TBH I don't think Aokiji really wants the world to go into a state of panic.

I like the idea that he'll join Garp. Sengoku would probably be there as well.

Kaiten
January 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
How Aokiji feels about the World Government post-Marineford is an open question. It would be entirely within the story if he comes to the conclusion that his justice and the World Governments "justice" are quite different. I would be more surprised if were to remain an ally of the government, even in exile. When the final battle comes I fully expect that he will be on the side of the Pirate King, not the Marines and not the Government. He may never join the Revolutionary Army but at some point he will be an enemy of the Marines, not an ally in exile.

Regino
January 29, 2012, 05:50 PM
Aokiji will play an important role sooner or later... The setup made by Oda makes it impossible that he simply vanishes.
I think a role compared to Rayleighs fits for him... fighting on his own and living his life and at some time he will come back. To be an active opponent for the WG does not suit him, he was a Marine for all his life and you dont throw your whole life away only because you dont like the new leader of the marine forces.

One aspect which disturbes me is that we dont know how Garp and Sengoku reacted, both of them are good friends/supporters of Aokiji and especially Garp has a "problem" with Akainu.

maybe they form a bountyhunter trio :D

Kaiten
January 29, 2012, 08:24 PM
That sounds reasonable - Aokiji wandering around the New World, snoozing on random island, making an ice bridge when he feels like moving on.

zerocooldx
January 31, 2012, 12:09 AM
I could see Aokiji, Sengoku, and Garp secretly forming some type of a "organization" of "good" Marines, ones that hold the same values and beliefs as them rather then the ones that the WG has been pushing. Ultimately the Marines are the good guys and the Pirates are the bad guys, with exceptions of course. But i think in the end change will come to the WG and Marines, and once it does i can see the values and beliefs that Aokiji, Sengoku, and Garp value shining through and taking the main stage.

Schabrak
January 31, 2012, 05:14 AM
But wouldn't that go against those two personalities? Both spend their life serving the Marines and just because Akainu is acting it more hot blooded than before, it wont turn then to traitors Imo. It was Sengoku that gave Akainu that position after all. I don't see those two turn against the WG unless something major happens to make them doubt the goal of the organisation.

EDIT:

The rank of admiral, not fleet admiral.

It wasn't clear so I added my point in bolded letters. You should read all posts on the page before formulating arguments against my opinon, otherwise part of your message may become void.

Regino
January 31, 2012, 05:40 AM
But wouldn't that go against those two personalities? Both spend their life serving the Marines and just because Akainu is acting it more hot blooded than before, it wont turn then to traitors Imo. It was Sengoku that gave Akainu that position after all. I don't see those two turn against the WG unless something major happens to make them doubt the goal of the organisation.

It was certainly not Sengoku who gave Akainu his position. Unless you think that Sengokus retreat was the reason for Akainus new position. Sengoku stepped down from his post and suggested Aokiji as his successor. The World Government/Kong/Goursei (whatever, but not Sengoku) then promoted Akainu and after that Aokiji fought with him.

Garp wanted to kill Akainu right after he killed Ace...

I dont see them as aktive opponents, but I am sure that all three are not fighting for the Marines anymore.

Schabrak
January 31, 2012, 05:53 AM
The rank of admiral, not fleet admiral.

So he killed Ace, which was the official order from Sengoku, to kill pirates and execute Ace. That's why Garp didn't participate in the war, because he was in conflict with his feelings, but never forget that he was also the one sitting besides Ace waiting for his imminent death.

Ninja_Pirate
January 31, 2012, 06:58 AM
As i see .. aokiji is a very lazy guy, atleast that s how he was introduced to start with...

he is a guy who looks for an early retirement and i guess when it was told to him that sengoku has asked him to be his successor he would have been like WTF!!!!!<_> why!!! :gwah ... thats so troublesome///

but then the story tuk a turn and kong said that akainu will be the fleet admiral, aokiji's first impression would be ... yeah.. I am saved :super ... but then he must have thought about that working under akainu would be a pain since have to run here and there all the time:-_- ... so aokiji decided to retire..

but then everyone must have started doing... boooooosssss .. then he thought he has to fight him and then get done with it .. and the fight kept on dragging for days... (aokiji mind---- wtf? :gwah why it is not ending.. that shithead akainu has no talent I am already giving up and still he can't manage to end the fight) .... (Akainus mind : You ass :mono... I know you wanna run away but i will drag this fight :hip) ...
then finally aokiji frustrated and must have called for rock paper scissor .. and aokiji called for "ice" :3c(wtf :-_-,,, it is supposed to be a rock paper scissor) .. so akainu called for lava :cheez.. ice melted.. akainu won... and there goes aokiji.. on some island .. where he can lay down on his back looking at the sky... clouds passing by... sun rise ... sun set ... stars... life is chill (literally as for aokiji :p)

mattiaildivino
January 31, 2012, 12:28 PM
after akainu's defeat and rufy has become pirate king,he will be the new fleet admiral,rest assured.perhaps they will be in a good relationship (I mean the Marine of aokiji,smoker and coby to the SH,who are good people,better than a lot of marines)

zerocooldx
January 31, 2012, 01:13 PM

It doesn't go against their personalities because they all protested the direction that the Marines were heading towards. Some took the high road the resigned, while Aokiji fought for it. Its pretty clear that the Mariens and WG aren't one entity that share the same views and beliefs. Also Sengoku didn't give anything to Akainu. He recommend that Aokiji be the next Fleet Admiral. There is clearly a difference in views and beliefs between people like Aokiji, Garp, and Sengoku. I would not be surprised at all if those guys secretly started a movement of sorts to prevent the Marines from becoming blood thirsty pirate hunters.

Kaiten
January 31, 2012, 01:15 PM

I expect it would take much more than Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral for Garp and Aokiji to turn against the Marine. If at some point the Aokiji lead Marine over step there boundaries and become blatantly tyrannical, then we may see them turn against the Government. I do not think either would willingly become revolutionaries or pirates at this point in the story.

Page356
January 31, 2012, 01:40 PM
Aokiji doesn't seem like the type of guy to join an anti government organiztion like the revolutionaries since he spent much of his life as a marine leader, and eventually admiral. Simply by challenging Akainu he let everyone know how deeply he cares for the institution of the marines and by association the WG as well. As for joining the straw hats...I really don't know how to respond to that. It's just an opinion but I'd give that a sub-zero percent of that happening, pardon the pun. I think it'd be more likely that he teamed up with Garp and Sengoku since they pretty much all left because of the same person. As to what they are up to remains a mystery. I'd like to think they are just kind of roaming the GL and NW on their own whims, trying to keep too many innocent people from dying since Akainu took over.

Kaiten
January 31, 2012, 03:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, he could well be motivated to rebel before the end. Under the right circumstances. I do believe he, along with Garp and Sengoku, left the Marine for a reason. Remaining neutral is not enough of a reason for characters of there stature to resign senior military posts. I believe there will be a tipping point that will cause Aokiji to become an enemy of the Marines and World Government. But I do not believe that time has come. When it does come it will be a massive plot point, a major transgression committed by the Marines, the World Government or both.

Ratatosk
January 31, 2012, 03:31 PM
This is what makes it so damn weird that Akainu let Aokiji live. It wouldn't be too hard for anyone to find out his links with and sympathy for Robin; he was doing things like leaving lines of ice in the sea for hours, or conveniently freezing up ships rudders, without caring much about covering his tracks. If he quits the Marines he is a threat to them, and everyone knows how Akainu deals with threats.

He would be more likely to join the revolutionaries than run a Pirate crew. But then we only ever see him acting alone, until the war, so may be more in character not to join anyone. Also conveniently the one who he'd be most likely to make contact with (Robin) was elsewhere when they were talking about him.

Garp was retired and training the next generation (Read: Coby massive power-up) wasn't he? Wouldn't take much provocation from Akainu for him to go AWOL though.

Schabrak
January 31, 2012, 03:55 PM
Why would Akainu have left him alive with the knowledge that he would have to kill him anyway later on? That doesn't make sense, I don't see Akainu being the aggressor until Kuzan acts first and than it would be to late already. It's not like he was prestigeless himself, he probably had a lot of supporters too, just not as many as Sakazuki with his deeds in the war.

About him going alone everywhere, that could have just be his privilege as an admiral, to conduct secret operations alone. That way he has got at least some time alone and wont be shadowed/observed by anybody else. And it's not like he has shown too much mercy towards the Mugiwaras with all the freezing to near death.

Garp and Sengoku retired so that they don't have to grapple with the whole Akainu situation. What could Akainu now do, that he hasn't in the last two years[and war], that would make them rage so much to against him? If anything, I would say they are already doing something or they won't until the final showdown of the manga. Garp should have stopped him right there[the war] if he knew, that one day even Luffy could be killed by those hands too.

zerocooldx
January 31, 2012, 04:40 PM
This is what makes it so damn weird that Akainu let Aokiji live. It wouldn't be too hard for anyone to find out his links with and sympathy for Robin; he was doing things like leaving lines of ice in the sea for hours, or conveniently freezing up ships rudders, without caring much about covering his tracks. If he quits the Marines he is a threat to them, and everyone knows how Akainu deals with threats.

He would be more likely to join the revolutionaries than run a Pirate crew. But then we only ever see him acting alone, until the war, so may be more in character not to join anyone. Also conveniently the one who he'd be most likely to make contact with (Robin) was elsewhere when they were talking about him.

Garp was retired and training the next generation (Read: Coby massive power-up) wasn't he? Wouldn't take much provocation from Akainu for him to go AWOL though.

I think killing someone, if he really was in a position to do so, like Aokiji wouldn't have probably sat well with most other Marines. Mainly because Aokiji didn't do anything wrong, and simply seems to have challenged Akainu to a battle for leadership that Akainu accepted. Aokiji is a big name among the Marines and killing him for power would have looked really, really bad. Going after pirates is one thing, but going after your own when they haven't committed a crime is a whole other thing. By accepting the challenge, defeating him, and then letting him live Akainu then comes off as being someone who values and acknowledges what Aokiji has done for the Marines. Its a sign of respect. However I think it was mainly a political move to let Aokiji live, if in fact Akainu could have killed him at the end. That way he saves faces inserted of looking like a power hungry murderer.

Kaiten
January 31, 2012, 05:11 PM
Until we know more about the fight that sounds reasonable. It is already known that Akainu allowed Aokiji to live out of respect. Connecting the dots a little, it would make sense as a political move: demonstrating to the rest of the Marines that he is a man of honor and justice. Conversely it could also be an insult, Akainu sending the message that Aokiji is not even worth killing. We could also factor in ego. Akainu, having already defeated him so thoroughly may believe he could do the same should Aokiji ever become a threat.

EddyBob15
May 01, 2012, 08:13 PM
I know people love the idea of Aokiji joining the Straw Hats, but I think it's a little crazy. I'm not saying a marine becoming a pirate is ludicrous as we have Drake as Exhibit A. What I mean is, Aokiji is just too strong for the Straw Hats. Beside that, we don't know about his past or if he has a dream. Unless Luffy gets a major power increase by the next time he meets the former admiral and at the same time, we learn if he had a dark past, then I'll believe it.

beck26
May 03, 2012, 11:00 AM
in aokiji's childhood illustration...he looks pretty poor. a dark past? your guess is good as mine.

and if jinbei is qualified to join SHs what stops aokiji from joining? just because he's strong? well, SHs needs to be strong in new world anyways. and its not like every strawhat could be a monster...so far its only sanji, zoro and luffy who can really be up there in terms of fighting. (no disrespect to brook, robin and franky fans though, but they will forever have the weaker villains than those previous three i mentioned...)

if strawhats would fight the gorousei (which i think are hellbent strong) one-on-one....there are only 3 capable guys...and gorousei are 5. just sayin.

i wouldnt close a door for "aokiji, smoker or anyone else insanely strong" to join the crew.

EddyBob15
May 03, 2012, 11:10 AM
in aokiji's childhood illustration...he looks pretty poor. a dark past? your guess is good as mine.

and if jinbei is qualified to join SHs what stops aokiji from joining? just because he's strong? well, SHs needs to be strong in new world anyways. and its not like every strawhat could be a monster...so far its only sanji, zoro and luffy who can really be up there in terms of fighting. (no disrespect to brook, robin and franky fans though, but they will forever have the weaker villains than those previous three i mentioned...)

if strawhats would fight the gorousei (which i think are hellbent strong) one-on-one....there are only 3 capable guys...and gorousei are 5. just sayin.

i wouldnt close a door for "aokiji, smoker or anyone else insanely strong" to join the crew.

What I meant was that he was stronger than Luffy, which goes against Oda's rule about having crewmates be stronger than him.

mattiaildivino
May 04, 2012, 02:24 PM
What I meant was that he was stronger than Luffy, which goes against Oda's rule about having crewmates be stronger than him.

that's why he is waiting for rufy being stronger than jinbe before making the latter join.

EddyBob15
May 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
I know that. But while it's pretty obvious that it won't be long before Luffy's strength surpasses Jinbe's, becoming stronger than Aokiji seems like a long shot.

kkck
May 05, 2012, 04:56 PM
I don't think it is much of a long shot for luffy to surpass aokiji or any of the admirals for that matter. Obviously that won't happen soon however the manga is still just barely over half gone meaning that luffy has almost half the manga to pull that off. Luffy is getting stronger throughout all the arcs in a constant manner. Surely one or two more arcs from now it won't happen but what about 4 arcs from now? The monster trio in general should be weaker than admirals as of now however several arcs from now they will have had to defeat a number of strong people on their own including yonko, shichibukai and other world class pirates. It is not so out there for luffy or anyone of the monster trio for that matter to match or defeat an admiral in the long run.

EddyBob15
May 05, 2012, 07:15 PM
Very well, you made your point. But still, the odds of Kuzan joining are still long.

kkck
May 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
Aokiji joining the strawhats? I agree in that is never going to happen, it doesn't even begin to amke sense lol.

EddyBob15
May 15, 2012, 10:54 PM
Does anyone have an idea of when Aokiji will turn up again?

Zoronoa Roro
May 16, 2012, 03:59 AM
Yes, Oda.

Doraku
May 16, 2012, 08:54 AM
It sounds like a crazy idea, but I think it is interesting if Aokiji later joins Revolutionary army or anything similar to that to coup the government since he sees the Akainu's leadership is corrupt.

Page356
July 31, 2012, 03:28 AM
So I was thinking about the current arc and I was thinking about Aokiji. I'm not 100% sure he's gonna be in this arc, or even if I want him to be in this arc, but for the sake of argument I'd like to say some reasons why he would be here:

1. This is the last place he was seen that we have been informed about. I know many of you hate this, but if Aokiji lived in the real world, and he was convicted of murder, this would be super duper important. Let's hope that little detail is at least duper important to the rest of us. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in some sort of suspended animation at the beginning of the arc, healing from his battle.

2. Does anybody know what natural enemy of any kind of gas, or any ranked official is? The answer to the gas question is temperature. Although other things like pressure can affect gases, any gas that falls to a certain temperature will turn into a liquid or solid. Although I know some of you may find my views excessively realistic, you may note that in real life you couldn't get some gases cold enough to freeze, so the only option is that you were in a manga where if you had the ability to freeze, you could freeze the gases as much as you needed. Second a ranked official should always fear his superior. Aokiji is just that in relation to Vergo. Although I may not agree that he should fight either of these individuals (I think it'd be much better to get Luffy, Law, Smoker, and Zoro involved) he obviously possesses the kryptonite to defeat them from a tactical point of view.

3. Where else would Aokiji be? From what we know, although I admit that's not much, there's not much that Aokiji needs to do right now and Luffy and company need to be saved as we speak. Due to the seastone, they must be saved from someone outside of their cage. Their known options are Zoro's group, Chopper, the children, and an outside source. My reasoning is that Zoro's group should not be able to handle Vergo's group, just because of the total team match up. Further I believe Monet has every reason to know where Chopper is at the present and prevent him from doing anything hasty. The children, while strong, should not be able to smash a seastone cage since it is near indestructible, but that is only my opinion. I guess if all three groups managed to do something at the same time then it would be possible, otherwise an outside source would be neccessary. Of all the outside sources, I believe Aokiji is the most reasonable.

I understand these theories might seem ridiculous to some, but though I don't expect to see Aokiji in this arc, I most certainly wouldn't be blindsided if he decided to show up.

Kaiten
August 06, 2012, 01:47 PM
If your theory is correct, and cold is the natural enemy of Caesar's gas, explain why he is based on the ice side of Punk Hazard, rather than the fire side. Why would he have lead Smiley away from the fire side, with the intention of dispersing his Shinokuni gas on the ice side of the island? And what is Aokiji still doing on Punk Hazard? He fought and lost to Akainu on that same island two years ago. Do you mean to say that after losing, and only surviving because Akainu spared his life, that he simply sat down and stayed put for two years, only to reemerge now? Also, please be aware he is not Vergo's superior officer anymore. Aokiji is no longer in the Marine.

Schabrak
August 06, 2012, 03:02 PM
3. Where else would Aokiji be?

Due to the seastone, they must be saved from someone outside of their cage.

Further I believe Monet has every reason to know where Chopper is at the present and prevent him from doing anything hasty. The children, while strong, should not be able to smash a seastone cage since it is near indestructible, but that is only my opinion.

Appearing in One Piece Z.

There is the person throwing paper at Chopper and Law said that they will start a counter-attack next time.

Does she really? Did she know where Zoro and Co where? Only a ranged attack could open the cage or someone within the cage, like Franky.

Page356
August 06, 2012, 05:19 PM
If your theory is correct, and cold is the natural enemy of Caesar's gas, explain why he is based on the ice side of Punk Hazard, rather than the fire side. Why would he have lead Smiley away from the fire side, with the intention of dispersing his Shinokuni gas on the ice side of the island? And what is Aokiji still doing on Punk Hazard? He fought and lost to Akainu on that same island two years ago. Do you mean to say that after losing, and only surviving because Akainu spared his life, that he simply sat down and stayed put for two years, only to reemerge now? Also, please be aware he is not Vergo's superior officer anymore. Aokiji is no longer in the Marine.
It’s not a theory, it’s a fact. It’s based in real life, and it’s a guess as to how it would work in the One Piece universe. When gases get too cold they turn into liquids or solids, so Aokiji could theoretically turn all of the gases to a liquid or solid form. Also Smiley is supposed to explode when exposed to flame, but he was on the fire side of the island, so I’m not too worried with small details like that.

Asking why Aokiji is on the island is irrelevant, you should be asking why he wouldn’t be on the island! I just made a strong case as to why he could, so please don’t just repeat the question and instead be more detailed with your counter argument. The fact is, nobody can think of anything else he’s doing. Also Aokiji not being a part of the marines any more is also irrelevant. He was a superior officer to Vergo at some point and that’s what matters, because we all know that Aokiji is still admiral level strength.

Appearing in One Piece Z.

There is the person throwing paper at Chopper and Law said that they will start a counter-attack next time.

Does she really? Did she know where Zoro and Co where? Only a ranged attack could open the cage or someone within the cage, like Franky.
One Piece Z is a movie. I don’t know if it’s a canon movie or not, I don’t care either way, because even if it is, the Straw Hats are in the movie. If the Straw Hats are in the movie can they be on Punk Hazard?

Also I agree with your second statement, but the part you are quoting from me was before that chapter was released.

As for the third statement….yes! She told CC everything about Law and Luffy teaming up. Therefore she should have seen Chopper as well, and known he was with Law. She should also know where Zoro was since he appeared on the screens with everyone else on the island. She was in the room with everyone else when the scene where Zoro’s group was is shown. Finally I don’t understand what the obsession is with ranged attacks, and I’m not just picking on you. Everyone seems to think that they are very important, but I just don’t understand why that would matter, whoever is gonna win is gonna win regardless of ranged attacks. In the case of the cage, I really, really don’t understand why a long ranged attack would work better than a close one. If the cage isn’t made of seastone, then I agree that Franky’s laser could open it, if he wasn’t wrapped up at the moment. Otherwise Law made it apparent he has a game plan and I’m not completely sold that he knows about Franky’s laser at the moment.

Schabrak
August 06, 2012, 05:37 PM
The point is him appearing here, while the attention to him should stay in the movie, like Borsalino's, who have no place in the current plot. They don't need the help of an admiral to rescue them, that would show that they haven't grown and that the TS was pointless, no the way around.

Huh? Because they are floating in midair, someone from outside would need to use a long ranged attack to free them. You are talking about children, that don't even have the means to get to them, if not with the air ship of CC, which they shouldn't be able to handle. If he or someone in the cage is capable of freeing them, of course a normal one would be enough. I don't really get what made you excited about my comment. Can't see me mentioning a laser anywhere in my post. Someone within the cage, as in someone not weakened by the seastone, but having a weird body with a number gadgets capable of helping them, not as Franky's laser. I don't want him being reduced to a laser spaming character.

Page356
August 06, 2012, 06:09 PM
The point is him appearing here, while the attention to him should stay in the movie, like Borsalino's, who have no place in the current plot. They don't need the help of an admiral to rescue them, that would show that they haven't grown and that the TS was pointless, no the way around.

Huh? Because they are floating in midair, someone from outside would need to use a long ranged attack to free them. You are talking about children, that don't even have the means to get to them, if not with the air ship of CC, which they shouldn't be able to handle. If he or someone in the cage is capable of freeing them, of course a normal one would be enough. I don't really get what made you excited about my comment. Can't see me mentioning a laser anywhere in my post. Someone within the cage, as in someone not weakened by the seastone, but having a weird body with a number gadgets capable of helping them, not as Franky's laser. I don't want him being reduced to a laser spaming character.

Hey I agree they don't need him at the present, but the argument of why he wouldn't based on the movie is null. What your saying about the attention of the movie has much more to do with marketing than plot. It's called having your cake and eating it too.

I used an exclamation point because you wanted to know if Monet really knew when it's made obvious that she has every right to know. They aren't floating in midair, they are still attached to the building, so a close range attack could work from someone on that side of the wall, which happens to be the side the paper came from. I mentioned that the kids likely couldn't smash the gate, this was simply to account for them, you know, like I tried to do for everyone on the island. It's called a "what if" and I made it obvious that I thought even if they managed to get there they couldn't do much. I apologize if I mentioned a laser for you, but it is a known attack of his that could work if the chains aren't practically indestructible (which they are) and the cage isn't indestructible (unknown but likely). Regardless, Franky does have a lot of gadgets but we've both agreed Law is the one with the plan to get them out and he doesn't seem too familiar with Franky's laser gadgets. On a personal level, I find the use of gadgets appearing to be very dues ex machina. It's fine in the case of the laser because I feel his other movies were very similar, but anything else would seem kinda like an ass pull in my opinion.

Schabrak
August 07, 2012, 08:37 AM
How is it null? Shiki did not appear in the manga, because Oda decided to put him in the movie or had seen no room in the manga for him to appear at that time. Letting major characters appear in both would be lame, as he has his own portion to tell in OPZ, doing it at PH would be weird.

The cage was still moving, check these panels where we can see that the crane has moved them high over the marines, away from the base itself. Please remind me how a close-range attack is capable of hitting something over half a dozen meters[and that's a minumum if you compare sizes to the distance] away. That wouldn't be close-range anymore.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7022/676cage.png

It's fine in the case of the laser because I feel his other movies were very similar, but anything else would seem kinda like an ass pull in my opinion.
You might want to reread W7/EL to see how bad it is, that's what Franky is about, that's what he has always been.

I'm all for "if's", if other people are allowed to comment on that ideas too.

kkck
August 07, 2012, 11:07 AM
Well, the issue here is that ceasar seems to have many gases under his control. While all of them could theoretically turn into a liquid it would depend on their properties and just how cold aokiji can get. Even then, the extent to which physics don't apply here leaves a decent bit up in the air to say the least. Just consider the the aokiji vs akainu situation. Hypothetically aokiji could get as cold as -273 celcious. Thats it, thats absolute cero. In turn magma seems to be in the range of 700-1300 celcius (thanks google and wikipedia). So with comparable attacks the result would be an issue of the temperature difference. In case they meet and conditions are in aokiji's favor regarding temperature then the result would be calculated by seeing the ending temperature after the energy transfer is done(in real life things would be a tad more complicated than this but I think the gist of it is accurate enough for this discussion). So we have 700 degrees and -273. The end result would be either of their elements with a temperature of 250 degrees. Too cold for lava to remain lava and too hot for ice to remain ice. In turn if we have akainu with 1300 then the end result would be both elements with around around 500 degrees. Still too hot for aokiji and too cold for akainu (this only works this particular way if energy is perfectly transfered from magma to ice/vapor which is also not necessarily the case which is even worst for akainu). Still, I would argue the end result does not favor aokiji. Even if akainu would technically be forced solid by this aokiji would still have to deal with over 500 degrees of temperature while this is a temperature which akainu should be quite comfortable in. Now, there is also the consideration that akainu is actually hotter than fire, enough to burn ace. In real life fire would actually be hotter than magma. If we trust wikipedia then a candle's fire would be at about 1000 degrees. A blowtorch, which is perhaps what would make the most sense as a comparison with ace would be at about 1300, the same as lava. Anything else would result in temperatures greater than real life magma. Now, if akainu exceeds real life magma then even assuming a complete transference of energy with comparable attacks would result in magma still being hot enough to be magma. Perhaps akainu has temperatures comparable to the earth's core in which case things are even grimmer for aokiji.

There is also the consideration of whether things work like that at all in OPverse. What if contrary to real life cold in itself is something that has substance in OPverse? If this is the case then rather than a simple transference of energy we would have heat and cold anhilating each other when in contact. There would be a limitless amount of coldness possible so to speak(in real life you simply cannot get below absolute 0).

Page356
August 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
How is it null? Shiki did not appear in the manga, because Oda decided to put him in the movie or had seen no room in the manga for him to appear at that time. Letting major characters appear in both would be lame, as he has his own portion to tell in OPZ, doing it at PH would be weird.

The cage was still moving, check these panels where we can see that the crane has moved them high over the marines, away from the base itself. Please remind me how a close-range attack is capable of hitting something over half a dozen meters[and that's a minumum if you compare sizes to the distance] away. That wouldn't be close-range anymore.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7022/676cage.png

You might want to reread W7/EL to see how bad it is, that's what Franky is about, that's what he has always been.

I'm all for "if's", if other people are allowed to comment on that ideas too.

Okay I feel like a dumbass about the floating cage thing, for some reason it didn't click with me that they were being moved, but I still don't think a long range attack is going to save them. I guess we will have to see how it plays out for further comment.

As for the movie thing....I can't agree with you at all. Shiki was never in the manga. Aokiji has been in the manga. At this point in the manga there's no reason why he can't be on PH. The best you will ever be able to say is that you don't like the idea that Aokiji could be on PH. Tell me where Oda has said in the manga or an interview where Aokiji can't appear on the island? Let me know, in the manga, where you think Aokiji could be if he's not on PH. If that's the case just say it's your opinion, don't make it sound like it's impossible.

Finally I don't understand that last sentence. I think you are trying to say that I'm not letting you comment your ideas?

Schabrak
August 07, 2012, 01:19 PM
Isn't it clear that everything I discuss about things unexplained is my opinion/theory. Shiki is a canon character, he was mentioned to be the only person having fled from Impel Down, way before the Strong World chapter.

There are reasons given in the discussion about how the arc will go on, how it would make sense for him to appear and the resulting plot, I don't feel like retyping those ideas, they are here in part of the latest discussion in the chapter thread.

We have Zoro's group running towards Luffy and the Marines, that could open a chance for Zoro using a slash similar to Mihawks. Don't know how he would cut without putting them in harm though. To be honest, I'm all for them being freed by someone from within, if done good.