PDA

View Full Version : Theory Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

Kaiten
December 21, 2011, 04:45 PM
Now that two of the three ancient weapons have been named, does anyone have any predictions on how they will be used, by who, when, and why? Does anyone have any predictions about the Uranus, the last of the weapons?

I mentioned in the chapter 650 thread but my theory is that the three weapons represent Earth (Pluton), water (Poseidon), and air (Uranus). In Greek myth Pluto is generally depicted as living beneath the ground, pluton is mechanical and requires metal mined from the earth. Poseidon is the god of the sea, so it made sense that the weapon was actually a mermaid. In Greek myth Uranus was the sky itself, father of the Titans, grandfather of the gods. So it would make sense if the third weapon had some connection to the air.

I expect that the manga will not end at Raftel. Instead there will be a final war against the World Government, Marines, and Tenryuubito. The three ancient weapons will be used to even the battle, defeat the World Government, and restore the world to what it was during the Blank Century.

hoeru
December 21, 2011, 04:59 PM
Since it was revealed that Pluton is a "monster of a ship", and that it's a secret kept by the Fishman Tom I believe Uranus is also related to Fishmen's Island.

But maybe Uranus is simply the Sea Kings pulling Pluton which is Noa. With Poseidon Shirahoshi controlling Sea Kings it becomes an invincible weapon that can destroy the world.

Geez
December 21, 2011, 05:03 PM
Imo (for a long time now) the third weapon Uranus is controlled by Enel because it needs electricity to work. He found it on the moon and is planning on conquer the new world with it. And like a lot of people, i think it's the giant thing that was floating in the sky and absorbed Bege's ship and crew.

Kaiten
December 21, 2011, 05:26 PM
If it were connected to electricity I would expect it to be named Zeus, not Uranus. In Greek mythology lighting is always associated with Zeus, where as Uranus is associated with the dome of the sky. If any previously shown island is connected with Uranus I would think it to be the island Nami trained on. A connection with the weather would make sense for a weapon named after the god of the sky.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

But maybe Uranus is simply the Sea Kings pulling Pluton which is Noa. With Poseidon Shirahoshi controlling Sea Kings it becomes an invincible weapon that can destroy the world.

Even without Noah, Poseidon is an overwhelmingly powerful weapon. Shirohoshi's power to control the sea kings is above and beyond pretty much any power introduced so far. Even without Noah that would be a power capable of destroying an entire fleet pretty easily. Fortunately it is not in her nature to do something like that, nor does she have enough control of her powers. Fishman Island will probably have to be threatened later in the manga for Poseidon to be used as a weapon. I don't know as Noah and Poseidon together would be Uranus, more likely Uranus is a distinct weapon.

Geez
December 21, 2011, 05:26 PM
I agree on that point, but the thing is, in mythology the earth was divided for three gods: Pluton (hades), Poseidon and Zeus. I think Oda chose Uranus in order to avoid any hierarchy between those gods, and thus avoiding any hierarchy of powers between the weapons. (Zeus was king of gods). Besides, the most fitting place to hide a weapon that can actually fly is imo on the moon, where no one (except Enel) will find it. I think he was destined to find it.
And don't forget, Enel was actually God of the Sky before Luffy appeared on Skypiea ;)

Just to clear that out, I said that Uranus needed electricity to work. But The weapon itself has not to throw just thunderbolts and such, it can also change the weather just like the scientists in Weatheria could do!

hokageji
December 21, 2011, 07:51 PM
The two keys for Pluton were Robin and the blueprints, which were with Franky. Again, robin did not read it so we dont know if Pluton was an actual weapon and the blueprints were for the actual weapon, or access to use it or get to it.

My guess is the 3 weapons are the strongest form or representations of the 3 types of Devil fruits.

Shirahoshi can control the sea kings, speak to them and thus her ability can be related to zoan type..

My guess is Pluton would be a paramecia type, and Urananus would be a Logia type.

Ninja_Pirate
December 22, 2011, 04:47 AM
We all pretty much got with a surprise when princess Shirohoshi was revealed as an ancient weapon... and i was thinking from long back about the third weapon and had a wild prediction about it... but since we already taken aback by one i don't think the prediction can be treated as a "wild" guess now... I think the third weapon.. which seems to be related to sky/weather etc. could just be a "devil fruit" .. one devil fruit which is unique and powerful like anything.. as we all know devil fruit are not easy to find and is a very crucial part of one piece manga... from the start of one piece.. one piece world circles around three specific kind... 1. land/human ... 2. water/mermen .... 3. devil fruits..

Now to think about that devil fruit.. a little related to to weather devil fruits are... Enel (lightning) ... and dragon (wind/weather/storm) .. and i believe its dragon who will be the key to the third weapon or himself contains the third weapon... {my apologies if someone already suggested that} ... dragon has a motive to go against world government and being in shadow he is pretty much preparing for THE day... It will not be surprising if robin already know and will reveal it later in the story..

NoLimit89
December 22, 2011, 11:11 AM
I think the world government already controls Uranus. Could be the reason why Mariejoe seems like it's floating above the clouds. It may also tie into all the tenryuubito not breathing the same air as everyone else - the reason that the tenryuubito gives tight now could be them just masking the truth. It would also explain how the world government defeated the ancient kingdom in the blank century.

The reason that the WG is so bent on searching for Pluton and Poseidon is because of their potential threat if used together as two legendary weapons would be enough to overthrow WG's one legendary weapon. On the otherhand, if WG gets their hand on one more legendary weapon, they would have two and basically cement themselves as untouchable - and finally end the pirate age, to rule over the world uncontested.

Kaiten
December 22, 2011, 01:11 PM
My guess is the 3 weapons are the strongest form or representations of the 3 types of Devil fruits.

Shirahoshi can control the sea kings, speak to them and thus her ability can be related to zoan type..

My guess is Pluton would be a paramecia type, and Urananus would be a Logia type.

Now that is a very interesting idea, having Uranus correspond to a logia. A weapon that somehow has control over an element would be very useful and make quite a bit of sense.

We all pretty much got with a surprise when princess Shirohoshi was revealed as an ancient weapon... and i was thinking from long back about the third weapon and had a wild prediction about it... but since we already taken aback by one i don't think the prediction can be treated as a "wild" guess now... I think the third weapon.. which seems to be related to sky/weather etc. could just be a "devil fruit" .. one devil fruit which is unique and powerful like anything.. as we all know devil fruit are not easy to find and is a very crucial part of one piece manga... from the start of one piece.. one piece world circles around three specific kind... 1. land/human ... 2. water/mermen .... 3. devil fruits..

Now to think about that devil fruit.. a little related to to weather devil fruits are... Enel (lightning) ... and dragon (wind/weather/storm) .. and i believe its dragon who will be the key to the third weapon or himself contains the third weapon... {my apologies if someone already suggested that} ... dragon has a motive to go against world government and being in shadow he is pretty much preparing for THE day... It will not be surprising if robin already know and will reveal it later in the story..

Another interesting idea, that Uranus has some connection to Dragon. Even if he does not use the weapon himself, he has some knowledge of it's location or how to use it (much like Tom, Iceberg, and Franky knew of Pluton). The idea that it could be an overwhelmingly powerful logia is interesting as well. Particularly interesting considering Blackbeards quest for logia powers.

I think the world government already controls Uranus. Could be the reason why Mariejoe seems like it's floating above the clouds. It may also tie into all the tenryuubito not breathing the same air as everyone else - the reason that the tenryuubito gives tight now could be them just masking the truth. It would also explain how the world government defeated the ancient kingdom in the blank century.

The reason that the WG is so bent on searching for Pluton and Poseidon is because of their potential threat if used together as two legendary weapons would be enough to overthrow WG's one legendary weapon. On the otherhand, if WG gets their hand on one more legendary weapon, they would have two and basically cement themselves as untouchable - and finally end the pirate age, to rule over the world uncontested.

Not out of the question but hopefully not true either. I would like to see all three weapons in the hands of the Strawhats. They already have a crew member who can read the poneglyphs and another who has seen the blueprints for Pluton. They have also saved Fishman Island and befriended Poseidon. Essentially the Strawhats control two of the three weapons. If the Government already controls Uranus it would take a lot of drama out of the New World. I think that finding Uranus will be one of the critical, late series events. We may get an idea of what Uranus is at any time, I doubt it will be found until closer to the end. I would love if control of Uranus hinges on defeating Blackbeard.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I agree on that point, but the thing is, in mythology the earth was divided for three gods: Pluton (hades), Poseidon and Zeus. I think Oda chose Uranus in order to avoid any hierarchy between those gods, and thus avoiding any hierarchy of powers between the weapons. (Zeus was king of gods). Besides, the most fitting place to hide a weapon that can actually fly is imo on the moon, where no one (except Enel) will find it. I think he was destined to find it.
And don't forget, Enel was actually God of the Sky before Luffy appeared on Skypiea ;)

Just to clear that out, I said that Uranus needed electricity to work. But The weapon itself has not to throw just thunderbolts and such, it can also change the weather just like the scientists in Weatheria could do!

A good prediction, no question about it, but not a turn of events I would want to see quite as much. Bringing him back to help introduce Uranus would make sense, and as you point out there is already good foreshadowing that he could have a connection to Uranus, or at least be involved in finding Uranus. He was never one of my favorite characters, nor was Skypeia one of my favorite arcs, so I would rather see Dragon or Blackbeard as the key to Uranus. Enel is a good prediction though.

Ninja_Pirate
December 23, 2011, 02:32 AM
The theory that has been suggested saying that three weapons hold the equal power or that if one have two weapons he can dominate the third weapon seems pretty much faulty to me... I guess all three weapons in them might have potential to make or break the world or to have substantial amount of damage... but controlling them might be a little tricky part... like one of them i.e. Poseidon is driven by emotions for now and may be the person thoughts later... we have no idea how other two weapons will or might be controlled by.. it would be tricky and interesting for sure...

Moreover if one ancient weapon can be put against the other , I don't think there would have been any necessity of a blue print for the weapon to go against an ancient weapon pluton... that definitely means that one ancient weapon can't be used to go against another... This thing also came to mind with an example of harry potter.. where there is a mention of three deathly hollows.. however all three was for different purpose and can be used differently to harm or to gain advantage..

Page356
December 23, 2011, 04:28 PM
What if Raftel is an ancient weapon? Maybe it's hard to find because it's really a ship or a giant animal or something so it is constantly moving or located high above the clouds like Skypia. Also if it is a ship it could be a factory that produces Pacifica since Uranus was supposed to decend from heaven and mate with Gaea to produce the Titans. Also with all the ancient technology being discovered maybe it's only a matter of time until a virtual intelligence is discovered, maybe that's what One Piece is.

Another guess is Dr. Vegapunk since he is a super genuis that accelerated technology by 500 years and he does have an army.

Kaiten
December 24, 2011, 02:17 AM
The theory that has been suggested saying that three weapons hold the equal power or that if one have two weapons he can dominate the third weapon seems pretty much faulty to me... I guess all three weapons in them might have potential to make or break the world or to have substantial amount of damage... but controlling them might be a little tricky part... like one of them i.e. Poseidon is driven by emotions for now and may be the person thoughts later... we have no idea how other two weapons will or might be controlled by.. it would be tricky and interesting for sure...

Moreover if one ancient weapon can be put against the other , I don't think there would have been any necessity of a blue print for the weapon to go against an ancient weapon pluton... that definitely means that one ancient weapon can't be used to go against another... This thing also came to mind with an example of harry potter.. where there is a mention of three deathly hollows.. however all three was for different purpose and can be used differently to harm or to gain advantage..

When you think about it, Poseidon is a person and can not be controlled as a weapon or object would be. She is not an inanimate object like Pluton. She would have to be Nakama, even when she learns to control her power, she can choose who she uses it for.

What if Raftel is an ancient weapon? Maybe it's hard to find because it's really a ship or a giant animal or something so it is constantly moving or located high above the clouds like Skypia. Also if it is a ship it could be a factory that produces Pacifica since Uranus was supposed to decend from heaven and mate with Gaea to produce the Titans. Also with all the ancient technology being discovered maybe it's only a matter of time until a virtual intelligence is discovered, maybe that's what One Piece is.

Another guess is Dr. Vegapunk since he is a super genuis that accelerated technology by 500 years and he does have an army.

Raftel itself being Uranus is a very interesting idea, there is no way to know yet, but it is definitely an interesting theory. Same with Vegapunk, there is no way to know or not yet, but it would be an interesting twist if he were Uranus. Though it would be a bit recycled, a twist a bit to similar to Poseidon.

Geez
December 24, 2011, 11:30 PM
I think the three weapons are related to the 3 races: Humans (giants included), Fishmen and "Moonmen".
Each of these ones having their own weapon. Pluto for humans, metallic like you said and maybe having Fruit applications; Poseidon for Fishmen and finally Uranus for the last ones, based on a far-advanced technology capable of controlling the weather.

Consequently, we can think that the big war that happened so long ago could be between those 3 races. It is far-fetched but maybe the Old peaceful Kingdom that Clover was talking about, was uniting these races. But tensions exist and maybe this peace was not pleasing everyone, such as former kings who lost most of their power.
These individuals then conspired against the Kingdom and made it fall by creating mistrust and anger leading to war. Eventually, ex-leaders of the kingdom (Joy Boy?) realized that they couldn't win and protected fishmen and Poseidon of that time by making the promise Joy Boy would return. (Same with Uranus that had been hidden on the moon.)

So maybe, being the symbol of a resistance from the now fallen kingdom, Joy Boy stopped the war by surrendering himself to the Gorosei and Tenryubittos.

You wanted a theory, i give you a theory! :D

Black Lagoon
December 25, 2011, 06:28 AM
The StrawHats going to the so famous war WhiteBeard anticipated (http://www.mangareader.net/103-47876-11/one-piece/chapter-576.html), JoyBoy Promised (Kinda:P) and Roger Introduced (Saying you are not one of them (http://www.mangareader.net/103-47876-11/one-piece/chapter-576.html) ... I guess Roger did explain well the will of the D to WhiteBeard, HEY!!! Here's a new Theory that just popped in my head : Do you think that when WhiteBeard said that to BlackBeard, he expects all those who carry the Will of the D to reunite in the end and fight the evil forces together??? I guess I'll have to start a thead for this one later :tem) With the three Ancient weapons I guess is too much, there wouldn't be a battle, it would be just a 12 year old boy beating the s**t out of a 7 year old one, and on top of that it wouldn't make sense at all, i mean the World Government annihilated completely Ohara, left none alive (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2502-11/one-piece/chapter-395.html) and put to much work in finding an 8 years old girl who survived, so i cannot believe the fact that they don't have someone who can actually read the Poneglyphs ... and as somebody suggested the WG do have one ancient weapon (Well, someone may tell me then why they didn't use it against WhiteBeard it would have been much easier? the answer is simple, they thought that 2 fleet Admiral (Assuming that Garp is in a fleet Admiral level and since both used to keep up with Roger then dealing with WhiteBeard would be something of the sort) + Shichibukais + Admirals + V.Admirals + marines >= WhiteBeard + Commanders + Pirates So no need to show it to the World and reveal their cards assuming again that they too believe in that the final battle is coming, no doubt) or they know about it location and just don't have the mean to take it or go for it, and are waiting for someone who actually can get to it and steal it from him.

Kaiten
December 25, 2011, 07:37 PM
I do expect everyone with the "will of D" to unite behind the Pirate King in the final battle Whitebeard predicted, it makes to much sense not to happen. I don't think that is what Whitebeard was referring to though. He was referring to the fact that Blackbeard is a "D." (William D. Teach) but did not inherit the will of D. He was initially interested in the will of D. because of Teach, referring to him when he asked Roger to tell him the secret.

I'm not certain the world government has an ancient weapon, there is little evidence to suggest so. Nor do I think they have anyone who can read the ancient letters. The ancient kingdom seems to be an anathema, the government seems intent on erasing any knowledge of it's people and technology. There is little evidence right now to make me think they wish to be able to preserve the history internally or use the ancient weapons themselves. Instead they seem intent on killing anyone with any connection to the weapons, even elderly archaeologists and little girls. I have little doubt that had they feared White Beard enough to use an ancient weapon rather than Pacifista, were they to have something such as Uranus. We already know that they do not have Pluton, as the plans were destroyed, and we also know they do not know of Poseidon right now.

Black Lagoon
December 26, 2011, 04:52 PM
I do expect everyone with the "will of D" to unite behind the Pirate King in the final battle Whitebeard predicted, it makes to much sense not to happen. I don't think that is what Whitebeard was referring to though. He was referring to the fact that Blackbeard is a "D." (William D. Teach) but did not inherit the will of D. He was initially interested in the will of D. because of Teach, referring to him when he asked Roger to tell him the secret.

I'm not certain the world government has an ancient weapon, there is little evidence to suggest so. Nor do I think they have anyone who can read the ancient letters. The ancient kingdom seems to be an anathema, the government seems intent on erasing any knowledge of it's people and technology. There is little evidence right now to make me think they wish to be able to preserve the history internally or use the ancient weapons themselves. Instead they seem intent on killing anyone with any connection to the weapons, even elderly archaeologists and little girls. I have little doubt that had they feared White Beard enough to use an ancient weapon rather than Pacifista, were they to have something such as Uranus. We already know that they do not have Pluton, as the plans were destroyed, and we also know they do not know of Poseidon right now.

Can't argue with the bold part, since it's only logical : )
But I can definitely argue with the underlined part, as I said in my earlier post, you cannot hide something you do not know and knowing how politics works in the real world (You can certainly apply it in One Piece world) I'm sure they have someone who can read them or Doc Vegapunk created something that can actually decipher the PhoneGlyphs (Of course with the help of someone that knows the ancient language - Just a crazy theory though ^_^ ) ... Just think about it, knowing there are 3 ancient weapons who could wrestle kick their a@@es, do you think they would just lay back and wait for someone to find them??? or find the true about the void Century, just like Roger did??? I don't think so. :tem

Now about BlackBeard and the will of the D, that's exactly what I was trying to say, I know it didn't sound like that but believe me when I tell you that that what I was trying to say :tem And I don't think WhiteBeard was intertested in the "will of D" only because Teach has it, he said that during his travels he met some very interresting people with the D in their names and wanted to know the secret behind that D and what makes them so special.

Till now we have no clue about what is the D nor what it represents, also and correct me if i'm wrong we have never seen two "Ds" together for a long period of time, except for Little Ace&Luffy and Ace&Teach but since Teach doesn't count For what you (He didn't inherit the will) and WhiteBeard ("You are not one of them", referring to BlackBeard) said, we don't know if having two or more Ds together would make any difference.

Nonetheless, now that I think of it, since we don't know what is the D we can't say for sure that BlackBeard doesn't have it I mean what WhiteBeard was trying to say by you are not one of them, is that Teach lacks something very important the other "Ds" have.

Kaiten
December 26, 2011, 11:12 PM
Can't argue with the bold part, since it's only logical : )
But I can definitely argue with the underlined part, as I said in my earlier post, you cannot hide something you do not know and knowing how politics works in the real world (You can certainly apply it in One Piece world) I'm sure they have someone who can read them or Doc Vegapunk created something that can actually decipher the PhoneGlyphs (Of course with the help of someone that knows the ancient language - Just a crazy theory though ^_^ ) ... Just think about it, knowing there are 3 ancient weapons who could wrestle kick their a@@es, do you think they would just lay back and wait for someone to find them??? or find the true about the void Century, just like Roger did??? I don't think so. :tem

I think they are actively looking for the ancient weapons with the intention of destroying or at least preventing anyone else from using them. If they knew Shirahoshi was Poseidon I assume they would issue a Buster Call on Fishman Island and kill Shirahoshi, just as they killed the archaeologists of Ohara. It's been to long since I read Water 7, I can't remember if they ever said what they would do if the plans for Pluton were found. That would be an interesting addition to this conversation, if anyone knew.

Now about BlackBeard and the will of the D, that's exactly what I was trying to say, I know it didn't sound like that but believe me when I tell you that that what I was trying to say :tem And I don't think WhiteBeard was intertested in the "will of D" only because Teach has it, he said that during his travels he met some very interresting people with the D in their names and wanted to know the secret behind that D and what makes them so special.

You're definitely right, while he mentioned Teach by name Whitebeard probably was interested in "D." for broader reasons. His goal was to build a family and should any "D." join his crew. And one eventually will, in the person of Ace.

Till now we have no clue about what is the D nor what it represents, also and correct me if i'm wrong we have never seen two "Ds" together for a long period of time, except for Little Ace&Luffy and Ace&Teach but since Teach doesn't count For what you (He didn't inherit the will) and WhiteBeard ("You are not one of them", referring to BlackBeard) said, we don't know if having two or more Ds together would make any difference.

Nonetheless, now that I think of it, since we don't know what is the D we can't say for sure that BlackBeard doesn't have it I mean what WhiteBeard was trying to say by you are not one of them, is that Teach lacks something very important the other "Ds" have.

We definitely don't know the origin of D. but we know what it represents: people like Roger, Garp, Dragon, Ace, and Luffy. Free spirited, honorable, kind, individualistic dreamers who don't want to hear no from anyone. The type of people willing to stand up for what they believe in and put friends first. There are secrets to D., their origin, why some inherit the will but not others. But we have a good idea what type of people they are, based on the prominent D.'s already introduced.

The only other D.'s I can think of who could have spend a long time together are Garp and Dragon, father and son.

Black Lagoon
December 27, 2011, 03:17 AM
Indeed, you are absolutely right ... And I would love to see how they manage to get the call buster to the ocean floor (well they might have an army of submarines). :XD

Zmsp
December 28, 2011, 09:49 AM
I'm sorry if someone else already refered to this,but isnt it very likely that Blackbeard himself is Uranus? I read that Uranus imprisioned his own children because he didnt like them, wich could be compared to Blackbeard trapping abilities inside his own "special body". That speciality could very well be one of the ancient weapons, it's power can destroy the world, since you can gather lots of powerful fruits, the comparison can be made to the mythological being and Blackbeard seems to be evil, wich can also be related to Uranus, considering doing that to your children can't exactly be considered heavenly.

sry for the crappy english

Sakazuki
January 03, 2012, 01:49 PM
I haven’t found a thread about this matter, so I’ll start a new one. If the any moderator find one that fits the matter, please, remove the posts for this thread.

First, I transcribe what is written in the One Piece Wikia:

There are three Ancient Weapons (古代兵器 Kodai Heiki?), Pluton, Poseidon and Uranus. Each weapon is capable of mass destruction, however they are not limited to objects but living beings as well. Pluton appears to be an ancient ship capable of massive damage and destruction. The blueprints to recreate Pluton were held by the fishman carpenter, Tom, of Tom's Workers.
Poseidon was first mentioned when Nico Robin read the poneglyph on Skypiea, but details were not delved into until she reached Fishman Island. Poseidon was a Mermaid Princess who lived in the Void Century that had the power to talk to Sea Kings. Princess Shirahoshi also has this power, and as stated in a conversation between Neptune and Robin, she has now inherited the title "Poseidon".[4]
The Ancient Weapons are the argument used by the World Government to forbid the research of the missing years. And at least this seems to be true, as Shiki said that Gold Roger knew the whereabouts of at least one of the Ancient Weapons.

We know that Pluton is a ship by its blueprints. Now we know that Shirahoshi is Neptune. The only one that we don’t know yet is Uranus.

In the chapter 0, Shiki said that Gol D. Roger had one of the ancient weapons. I don’t see the Oro Jackson been Pluton, and Shirahoshi hadn’t born by that time. So there is just one Ancient Weapon left, Uranus.

I heard some members saying that Uranus would be in hand o World Government, but know I really don’t see it coming true, because if the WW had this great power there is no need of other force to balance the power with the pirates.

I think that Roger may left the weapon or knowledge about it in the last island Raftel. As we can see, the weapon can be an object, a live creature. There’s space to it be information (maybe could be related to the Will of D) or be a Devil Fruit, a mighty one.

What do you think about it?

Zehahaha
January 03, 2012, 02:06 PM
Shiki said that Roger had infos about the weapons, he never had one.

Sakazuki
January 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Shiki said that Roger had infos about the weapons, he never had one.

Well, read this:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c565.5/4.html

Shiki knows that Gol D. Roger knows where it is. If we consider that almost no one knows what the weapons are and where find them, well, it's very like Roger had one because he knows where it is and what it is. The one who have Pluton's blueprites have it, the one who has influence on Shikahoshi has Neptune. Does it make sense to you know?

Zehahaha
January 03, 2012, 02:19 PM
Well, read this:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c565.5/4.html

Shiki knows that Gol D. Roger knows where it is. If we consider that almost no one knows what the weapons are and where find them, well, it's very like to have the weapons. The one who have Pluton's blueprites have it, the one who has influence on Shikahoshi has Neptune. Does it make sense to you know?

As I said, knowing the locations and infos about the weapons doesn't mean that you HAVE them as you mentioned in your post by saying " he had one of the weapons ".

Sakazuki
January 03, 2012, 02:24 PM
As I said, knowing the locations and infos about the weapons doesn't mean that you HAVE them as you mentioned in your post by saying " he had one of the weapons ".

I edited my post, maybe it's more clear now. But I didn't get your point. Could you clarify it to me, please?

Zehahaha
January 03, 2012, 02:27 PM
I edited my post, maybe it's more clear now. But I didn't get your point. Could you clarify it to me, please?

Roger knew about the 3 weaps no doubt about it, but did he use one of them, or " had one of them " under his thumb ? Impossible, that would be unlike Roger, and also the WG would have got his hands on it if Roger was using it.

Sakazuki
January 03, 2012, 02:41 PM
Roger knew about the 3 weaps no doubt about it, but did he use one of them, or " had one of them " under his thumb ? Impossible, that would be unlike Roger, and also the WG would have got his hands on it if Roger was using it.

In the mangafox translation, Shiki says one weapon. Roger could know all the three of them because he knew about the Blank Century, but he surely he couldn’t have access to Neptune and I doubt about that he had the blueprints of Pluton, so I say that Uranus is the weapon that Roger had.

How can we say that it’s unlike of Roger? We don’t know this much about him yet, and what would be the problem of him have one Ancient Weapon? For me, the weapon is in Raftel to hide it from the WW and evil ones.

Zehahaha
January 03, 2012, 02:48 PM
In the mangafox translation, Shiki says one weapon. Roger could know all the three of them because he knew about the Blank Century, but he surely he couldn’t have access to Neptune and I doubt about that he had the blueprints of Pluton, so I say that Uranus is the weapon that Roger had.

How can we say that it’s unlike of Roger? We don’t know this much about him yet, and what would be the problem of him have one Ancient Weapon? For me, the weapon is in Raftel to hide it from the WW and evil ones.

" You know the location of the weapon that destroys the world "
" You know the location of the "world-destroying weapon " By cnet

Does it say " You have the weapon and use it ? "
Nope.

And this is a supposition, but I doubt Shiki knew about the three weapons in detail.

And yes it is unlike Roger, you think the guy who became PK, and who is a copy of Luffy would resort to using a weapon known for being able to destroy the world ? He ain't a BB or a Shiki to do that. And what would be the point ?
He became PK thanks to his true strenght and nakama, not some weapon.

Also Neptune is the name of the father of Shirahoshi, the name of the weap is Poseidon.

Sakazuki
January 03, 2012, 03:13 PM
In one thread, you say that you’re guided by logic. I have argued that logic isn’t the best guide in Literature because there is sometimes an unexpected revelation, loose parts, etc. We don’t have to agree about this.
But at the same time that you’re guided by logic, you say that presume some parts by what you have understood (your logic) and demands this as canonical. You said to me one time that to consider as true what the manga showed, the sbs and others declarations of Oda. But guess what? Your opinion isn’t the same as Oda, and isn’t canonical either. You demand proves from the others, but yourself don’t show any of it? You’re just one hypocrite that has to disagree with every opinion.
As I said, almost no one knows what an Ancient Weapon is, where find it. If you know these two things is almost sure (at least as I interpret this) that you have it. I’m not saying that Roger became PK because he had it; I’m just saying that the weapon is Uranus and that it’s in Raftel, or at least, information about it will be in that island.

Zehahaha
January 03, 2012, 03:36 PM
Unexpected events : Ace being Roger son, Shirahoshi turning out to be a an ancient weap.
These are the types of event that Oda make unexpected.

And yes, I consider the manga being the ultimate source, and SBS too. And anyone who read the manga thoroughly can see that there's a logic behind Oda's story and he makes it consistent and not " fuzzy " unlike some mangas. One simple example : BB.

There was this theory running around that BB ate the Cerberus devil fruit, and because of the three scars he left to Shanks, and BB pirate's flag, people began to believe that he ate that. I was never convinced by such an half assed theory because it is not logical and extremely too far fetched, one reason for that : Marco never mentioned BB having that kind of DF, if he had it, WB's crew would have knew about it, instead said that BB's body is " special ". Oda then at FI, showed BB having a weapon and that what caused the scars in Shank's eyes. It is more logical and makes more sense than that Cerberus DF fruit.

Dealing about this Roger and weapon, my source about all my " assumptions " : Manga. Manga has provided enough infos about Roger's personality thanks to Rayleigh/Shanks/WB, and also thanks to Luffy who is shown being really close to Roger's personality. Then I ask you here : A man, who is known for wanting Freedom more than anything else, having adventures, believing in fate, would he want to take a weapon that destroys the world ? Why would he ? He doesn't want to conquer anything, only people who wants to do that or need power to realize whatever " bad " objective he have. Roger's ultimate goal was Freedom, to be free more than anyone else in the world. He never wanted to conquer anything, therefore why would he need that kind of weapon ? Give me one single reason for why.

Making assumptions out of a single line in that chapter, heck I wouldn't call that assumptions, it seems more like a " fact " established by you in your post, is reading too much in the manga.

And what Roger left in Raftel is really clear : The real history. It is heavily implied by Robin (in the Skypiea arc, and by Rayleigh himself (in the Shabaody arc), Oda never mentioned through Robin back then that there's some weapons, instead he put an emphasis on the real history. If you think that " One Piece " is merely infos about some weapons, then you and I don't read the same manga for sure.

And I'm sorry, I'm not hyprocite, and I'll always disagree with far fetched theories built upon nearly nothing, and I'll always disagree with misreading of mangas too. Expect me to see me always respond to such theories :cookiehand

Sakazuki
January 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
And yes, I consider the manga being the ultimate source, and SBS too. And anyone who read the manga thoroughly can see that there's a logic behind Oda's story and he makes it consistent and not " fuzzy " unlike some mangas. One simple example : BB.

(…) Dealing about this Roger and weapon, my source about all my " assumptions " : Manga. Manga has provided enough infos about Roger's personality thanks to Rayleigh/Shanks/WB, and also thanks to Luffy who is shown being really close to Roger's personality. Then I ask you here : A man, who is known for wanting Freedom more than anything else, having adventures, believing in fate, would he want to take a weapon that destroys the world ? Why would he ? He doesn't want to conquer anything, only people who wants to do that or need power to realize whatever " bad " objective he have. Roger's ultimate goal was Freedom, to be free more than anyone else in the world. He never wanted to conquer anything, therefore why would he need that kind of weapon? Give me one single reason for why.

(…) And what Roger left in Raftel is really clear : The real history. It is heavily implied by Robin (in the Skypiea arc, and by Rayleigh himself (in the Shabaody arc).

Can you pick any example where I can confirm that Roger believed in fate? And again, you didn’t get my point: I’m saying that know what an Ancient Weapon is and where it is is the closest to have the Ancient Weapon. I’m not saying “Gol D. Roger had an ancient weapon in his pocket”. I’m saying that he knew what it is and where it is, what is for me the closest to have owned one Ancient Weapon by far in One Piece story.

When I started that thread, the most important topics were: a) That weapon is Uranus and b) that weapon is Raftel.

Another point: what is the problem if there is any Ancient Weapon in the last island? The Ancient Weapons are directly related to the Void Century, as we know information about them by the poneglyphs , so I repeat myself: what would be the problem? There is no hole in the plot; it’s just you who dislike the idea. I don’t know if it’ll happen, but I know that it doesn’t have any inconsistencies

I still believe that you are a hyprocite, because you say that the manga is the ultimate source at the same time that you can make assumptions by you logic and not what is canon. You’re not different from the others members and not above them, as you always do when you comment any matter. As, Ngunqua have said in the Big Mom thread:

I'm not discrediting your prediction. What I'm discrediting, again and again, is your certainty in your prediction. We don't have to wait on Oda to tell every little detail. That's why we are free to make any predictions as possibilities of what may happen based on what we currently have (you made yours, and I respect that), but to claim it to be the only way how things will turn out is amusingly illogical.

Zehahaha
January 04, 2012, 08:14 AM
In the chapter 0, Shiki said that Gol D. Roger had one of the ancient weapons

Had one isn't " having infos " about it. If that doesn't mean he have one in his pocket then what ?

Can you pick any example where I can confirm that Roger believed in fate?

We have enough evidence in the manga, testimonies made by characters that literally saw Roger in Luffy. Shanks, Rayleigh, WB... If you still refuse to admit that Luffy is nearly a copy of Roger, then what can I do for you ?

Again, I'll explain from zero : Manga is the source right ? We can assume (for me, on matters like these, it is 100% because it is heavily implied by Oda), if I say for example Roger believe in fate. And I give examples of Shanks, Rayleigh, WB, even Gan Fall. In matters like these, yes we can clearly say that Roger believe in fate, that he thinks the same way Luffy did.

Things we wait for Oda to confirm : Location of a weapon, name of a weapon, island, the character's ability... Did you same say it is 100% that BM will have this and that power ? No, there's no real clues nor anything to deduce that.

Then I'll say it again, Oda said that Roger knew about the real history, and knew about the 3 weapons. Good. Did he ever implied one being in Raftel ? Not even once. He put an emphasis on the real history (or the Rio Poneglyph) being in Raftel through two testimonies : Robin's one back in Skypiea where she deduced that you need to gather to Tablets of truths to know the true history, and that the tablet of clues are the one who shows the location of those tablet of truths along with the weapons, and obviously Roger recovered those tablets of truths, and it is 100% certain that is in Raftel. He did not put a single emphasis on any weapon being there.

What you is saying is that there is a weapon in Raftel, okay. You back up your entine theory by just a single line said in that chapter, disregarding other things such : Roger's personality, what was said by Robin & Rayleigh. That single line, who is by the way quite clear, says " Roger you know the location of the weapon " period. Not " Roger you HAVE the weapon ".

Your theories that you make are based on lines, misreading (aka the second Poneglyph in each island), not logical at all (in the case of BM strenght). Making theories is nice, but making theories while taking into account : Consistency in the story, past events, thinking nearly like Oda does, is even better.

Uriel
January 04, 2012, 08:55 AM
I like reading your arguments. But I feel like I should warn here and mark that there is a borderline of respect to each other you're crossing. I understand having differences but please let's not use ad hominem speeches.

Thanks.

Sakazuki
January 04, 2012, 09:14 AM
The one which believes in fate is Blackbeard. Luffy believes in dreams, so if Luffy acts like Roger, well, then I believe that Roger believed in dreams too.

I tried to explain my point, but I see that you don’t make any efforts to understand it. You just disqualify everybody, so I won’t discuss with you anymore because there is no point to debate with someone who isn’t open to listening.

I’ll reinter my point and say that Gol D. Roger knew about one of the Ancient Weapons by the time of the Edd War and where it was, and I believe that weapon is Uranus. I believe too that he left this weapon or information about this weapon in Raftel.

I say this based on the information that he couldn’t have access to Poseidon because Shirahoshi wasn’t even born by the time of the Edd War and I don’t believe that access to the blueprints of Pluton. I predict that the weapon/information about that weapon was left in Raftel, where we will discover about the Void Century, one of the mysteries in the One Piece that is directly related to the Ancient Weapons.

Zehahaha
January 05, 2012, 03:15 PM
The one which believes in fate is Blackbeard. Luffy believes in dreams, so if Luffy acts like Roger, well, then I believe that Roger believed in dreams too.

Here, have fun (http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/650/9)

I’ll reinter my point and say that Gol D. Roger knew about one of the Ancient Weapons by the time of the Edd War and where it was, and I believe that weapon is Uranus. I believe too that he left this weapon or information about this weapon in Raftel.

I was never really arguing about this, but let me tell you what was my problem with your original post.

In the chapter 0, Shiki said that Gol D. Roger had one of the ancient weapons

Had one, isn't HAVING INFOS or KNOWING LOCATIONS. Strangely enough, you say that I disregard everything you say. Maybe if you clarify what you say first, we wouldn't have gotten here in the first place.

kkck
January 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
As far as the weapons, I really do believe the last ancient weapon is a devil fruit. Pluto is a warship of sorts, something technologically advanced which could bring about a decent bit of destruction. Poseidon is a mermaid, a normal person with the incredible ability which by extension gave her control of the oceans. Uranus was a sky or thunder god. The last weapon being a fruit would imply that each weapon is something in itself and unrelated to each other, that kinda makes sense to me.

Another thing I find strange about the whole thing is that pluto and uranus are based on roman names and poseidon is based on a greek name. More interestingly, her family is the neptune family which would make more sense alongside pluto and uranus. In this particular regard I wonder if the ability to control sea kings is in itself genetic and the actual ancient weapon is not in itself shirahoshi but whoever carries the neptune's blood as any of their descendants could potentially awaken the capacity to talk to sea kings.

AluminumTough
March 28, 2012, 08:34 PM
This is something I wrote a while back I wanted to do more work with it but I've been caught up with school so it won't be for about another 2 months until I can put some time in on it. You can read the entirety here: http://dontlearnthis.blogspot.com/

Pluton: we know is: is a warship capable of mass destruction which was constructed in Water 7 long ago. It was said to be capable of destroying entire islands.

In mythology: 'The Wealthy One,' as is the Greek Plouton. This is because everything is born of the earth and returns to it again." Not a connection but maybe in the future? (IDK). The best thing I could find was The Orphic Hymn to Pluto addresses the god as "strong-spirited" and the "All-Receiver" who commands death and is the master of mortals. It was also said that Pluto was a “hidden” god. “Come forth Plouton.” As we know Pluton, in OP, is hidden. One really interesting fact is that Pluto had a helmet (kyneê) which gave him the ability to be invisible. Later on translations called it: "helmet of Orcus" referring to those who conceal their true nature by a cunning device. Francis Bacon said, "the helmet of Pluto, which maketh the politic man go invisible, is secrecy in the counsel, and celerity in the execution." I also think that just maybe Franky made Plouton...by memorizing the blue prints. As we know Franky's teacher built a ship for the Pirate king Roger, at this time Franky's teacher still had the blue prints for Plouton. Since Roger was the only one to get to raftel I would assume that you have to have Plouton to get to Raftel? Pry not since Roger was going to tell White Beard how to get there.

Poseidon: Weakoshi who has the capability of calling forth extremely large sea kings to do her bidding. These sea kings are capable of sinking Islands. Poseidon in mythology was known as: “Earth Shacker.” Before the Trojan War Poseidon sent a sea monster to attack Troy. The monster was later killed by Heracles. Heracles Luffy? Maybe something like Weakoshi calls forth the power of the Sea kings to destroy something so Luffy destroys fishman Island. In Greek art, Poseidon rides a chariot that was pulled by a hippocampus or by horses that could ride on the sea. He was associated with dolphins and three-prongedfish spears (tridents). He lived in a palace on the ocean floor, made of coral and gems. This is interesting as Weakoshi is going to be carried by Sea Kings on Noah. Noah being reference to Bibilical parable, where Noah carried two of every animal aboard a ship. Prediction: Which would relate to Joy Boy promising to take fishmen to the surface but failed.

Uranus: we no nothing about Uranus yet. Uranus or Father Sky was the son and husband of Gaia, Mother Earth. I’ll talk about the divisions of races but I’m assuming that the three weapons are going to be split between fishmen, moon people (Sky people), and land dwellers. Ouranos is the "rainmaker" or the "fertilizer". Another possible etymology is "the one standing high in order" My basic theory is that Uranus will be a weapon of the sky people that controls the weather. Which could be the “knowledge” that was given to Nami to control weather and such. (I know it sounds crazy). Also Uranus could be a type of people due to the Uranus in mythology fathering: Cyclopes, Hekatonkheires, Titans, Erinyes, Giants, and Meliae. OR rather Uranus and Gaia fathered/mothered every god and creature but I wanted to name those...specifically Giants. They also father/mothered all Gods. I also think that it is probable that Luffy is this ancient weapon as was Roger and this is why we haven't heard anything about it yet. Possible that the ancient weapon was the lineage of "D" that passed down for the one to rule over all. However, it takes the right person at the right time for this lineage to be the weapon...which can also be tied to Joy Boy's promise.

To summarize my claim: there is a direct link it seems between mythology and the ancient weapons. I also like to keep in mind that Oda thought this story was going to be over a long time ago, so many of the ideas can be found hidden throughout the story.

UnknownMugiwara
April 02, 2012, 07:00 AM
I don't know if anyone had said this before, but the Weapons doesn't have to be actually weapons, like Poseidon being a person. This leads me to this theory.

- Uranus isn't a weapon like Pluton or an ability like Poseidon. Uranus is the story of truth which is placed on the different Poneglyphs around the globe. It was meant for Poseidon to use her ability and Noah to carry the message around during the Void Century. (or something like that!)

We also know that Pluton is a weapon that can destroy islands.
This means, that the WG must have had Pluton during the Void Century in order to destroy the Ancient Kingdom and become the WG they are today.

Uriel
April 02, 2012, 10:29 AM
That's not a bad theory, actually. Maybe Uranos (The name) is somewhat a guidance on how Poneglyphs must be read.

GomuGomuNoBigBoner
April 09, 2012, 11:53 PM
cant help but believe that dragons (presumable) sky/weather related DF might be so overpowered and empirically badass that its what people referred to as an ancient weapon. least fits with the sky motif =D

Shadoguardian
April 10, 2012, 05:52 AM
Personal Prediction on Ancient Weapons:
* The Straw Hats will discover and gather all the Ancient Weapons in one place.
* Two of the Ancient Weapons are stolen, one by the Blackbeard Pirates, and one by the World Government.
* Luffy will challenge them both with his Ancint weapon, which erupts into a giant war in which the fate of the One Piece universe hangs.

BonusGold
May 06, 2012, 02:48 PM
This is my Initial, well not baseless prediction....

First, is that the three ancient weapons are referring to the powers of the Greek/Roman Gods.

i.e.

Poseidon = God of the seas, which is shirahoshi.

Zeus = God of the skies, which is Monkey D Dragon.

The third is where it gets confusing...

since the pirates have 'Poseidon' and the Revolutionaries have 'Zeus', I believe that the marines too have they're own... (so since there is no underworld in OP they can't have hades)

I think what they have is Hephaestus = the god of fire and metallurgy

I can only think of two possibilities for Hephaestus on the side of the marines... it is either Dr. Vegapunk or Admiral Akainu.

Dr. Vegapunk as we all know has been gifted with an unusual skill of craftsmanship.

while Admiral Akainu has the power of the fire specifically of volcanoes (and being called red DOG which is Hephaestus symbol)

bare with me for my last prediction that akainu and vegapunk are the same person.

Zoronoa Roro
May 07, 2012, 10:48 AM
Read this firs please

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Weapons

kkck
May 07, 2012, 02:16 PM
For me the interesting part here is that not all names correspond to quite the same thing.

Poseidon is the actual greek god.

Pluton is a roman god (based on the greek hades)

Uranus is a precursor to the titans who were precursors to the Olympians in greek mythology.

Another, perhaps actually important point, is that neptune's family is indeed called nepture which is the roman equivalent to poseidon.

Another interesting aspect is where exactly each weapon has been first mentioned. Poseidon was made known to us in sky island. Uranus was made known to us in fishman island. Isn't it interesting that the power to control the seas was mentioned exactly where it would not have been useful? If uranus actually allows control over the sky in some form then what we have is that it was first mentioned by neptune at the exact point where such a thing would be almost worthless, at the button of the sea. Finally, pluton, god of the underworld was first mentioned in alabasta, a little island which was in no way the underworld. Basically every one of these weapons has been introduced exactly where it should have no business being due to what the name references.

Now, if uranus does have control over the sky in some form (as poseidon aka shirahoshi is basically a whim away from being queen bitch of the ocean with her island sized sea monkeys) then actually we do have a shred of a clue of what it might be.
http://www.mangareader.net/103-56760-5/one-piece/chapter-596.html

Weather balls! Little convenient things made in the sky to conveniently control it. What if the actual weather balls were based on an earlier perhaps more advanced (bitchier, way bitchier) version of it? Basically the scientist would have reversed engineered from ancient texts or whatnot a compact version of the original one. Of course, I am not saying nami will hold that amount of power nor that would be relevant to what I am saying either. we already saw the sky old men doing something like unleashing a storm over a section of SA. Imagine a bigger meaner version of it... a tornado or strong enough storm could evaporate a nation rather fast. Even eredas made a reference to that being an actual possibility if they fell to the wrong hands (and of course they had to end up in the hands of pirates who are a primary target of the world government).

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

And yes, you heard it first here.

Zoronoa Roro
May 08, 2012, 12:48 AM
Dragon already have power similar to what you described and in anime OVA in conversation between Shiki and Roger former refered to to weapon Roger had,found just before storm started wich helped Roger defeat Shiki... So i think that weapon might bee in RA hands or even dragon

kkck
May 08, 2012, 07:49 AM
If the revolutionaries had an ancient weapon then there would be not need for them to have a war against the world government. If the weapons do control forces of nature then they would pretty much win wars by default, the weapons at large are supposed to be that powerful at least. I think the shiki and dragon events are simply fate, which seems to play a huge role in this manga.

Zoronoa Roro
May 08, 2012, 09:54 AM
We may also overestimate weapons because we dont know much about them, before FI we did t even thought that it might be a living person

Kaiten
May 08, 2012, 02:30 PM
We have not overestimated anything, the story has been quite specific about how powerful Pluton and Poseidon are. Both have been described in detail and it is has been made clear how powerful they are. We know exactly what Pluton is, where it is located, and what it is capable of. We know what Poseidon is, where she is located, what her powers are, and can readily imagine how that could be relevant to fighting whomever one would like to fight. We can presume that Uranus is something of comparable practical use. We can also assume it is related to the sky as the other two weapons are clearly associated with earth (Pluton) and sea (Poseidon).

I was thinking that Uranus could be related to navigation. Navigation is related to the sky and weather; navigators used the stars to determine location in the days before sonar and GPS.

Zoronoa Roro
May 09, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hmmm....And real power of the weapons is when they are combined in one piece... Ship carried by sea kings who dont need log pose to navigate.. In op world that would b huge advantage

Kaiten
May 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
I don't think the weapons have any connection to Roger's treasure. One Piece probably is connected to the Rio Poneglyph and true history. All three weapons will probably be revealed long before Luffy reaches Raftel. After he becomes Pirate King it will only be a matter of collecting them. Personally I think Uranus, the final weapon, will be connected to Vegapunk and Kuma. I have absolutely no evidence to back that up, could be spectacularly wrong, but just have a hunch.

mattiaildivino
May 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
the fact they are so ancient means that they can't be involved to roger. yet,they are obviously connected to the pogne grieff,but I hope we will see them before reaching raftel.

Kaiten
May 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
We probably will not see Pluton until after, chances are it is hidden back at Alabasta. We have already seen Posodein, and witnessed her power. There is not telling, at this point, whether we will see Uranus before or after Luffy becomes Pirate King. A lot depends on when it is discovered, if it's location is revealed early in the New World they will probably have to come back for it. If they find it late, chances are the Strawhats will bring it to Raftel.

kkck
May 13, 2012, 10:19 PM
Was it actually said pluto was at alabasta? I don't think we had confirmation of that but crocodile did seem to believe it was back there. Still, perhaps there will be other ways to see pluto under the scenario it does not currently exist. Even if pluto actually is somewhere, wouldn't it be 800 years old? I don't think it is likely it will be useable however perhaps finding the original one will result in the world government being able to replicated it. Perhaps the key to pluto is still franky though. He saw the blueprints a number of times and he is quite a smart guy. Perhaps he does remember how to build it and vegapunk can use his technology to access that information.

Kaiten
May 13, 2012, 11:44 PM
While not confirmed, it has been strongly implied that Pluton was either located in Alabasta, or in the care of Alabasta. Cobra knew (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v23/c218/3.html) what was written on the Alabasta poneglyph, and knew that Robin lied to Crocodile. He also knew that if she had told him the truth then Crocodile would immediately have seized control of Alabasta. If Pluton were located elsewhere, Corcodile would immediately have lost interest in the country. He came to Alabasta with the goal of recovering Pluton and declaring war on the World Government. If it was not there his business there would be concluded.

That would be a major troll moment if the Strawhats find Pluton but the engine won't start. Between Baroque Works, CP9, and Franky having to leave his family Pluton has caused to much trouble not to work. The only point of the blueprints is that the only thing that could stop Pluton is a second Pluton. By disposing of them Franky ensured that the ancient weapons will be the Pirate Kings trump card.

mattiaildivino
May 14, 2012, 12:34 PM
We probably will not see Pluton until after, chances are it is hidden back at Alabasta. We have already seen Posodein, and witnessed her power. There is not telling, at this point, whether we will see Uranus before or after Luffy becomes Pirate King. A lot depends on when it is discovered, if it's location is revealed early in the New World they will probably have to come back for it. If they find it late, chances are the Strawhats will bring it to Raftel.

well,Poseidon may be used in the story if Caribo and his boss kidnap shirahoshi,which is very likely. is pluton at alabasta? I doubt that,since franky had the projects to build it,so it can be built.

Zoronoa Roro
May 15, 2012, 03:04 AM
What i fail to understand is why they existed in the first place.. And how ancients managed to made ship so powerfull without technology?

kkck
May 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
We have no reason to believe "the ancients" did not have advanced technology though. If anything, it would be just the most extreme opposite. Just look at the moon, it is filled with robots which were just waiting there to be recharged. As for why they existed... At least shirahoshi is not a created thing, she is just a person with an inherent genetic ability to talk with the largest sea monkeys around(unless it turns out the original poseidon or fishmen were a freak experiment of sorts). There is not a "reason" for her to exist basically, she just does. Pluto in an entirely different thing though. He could have been made with the purpose of starting war or as a response to other of the weapons. Also, didn't the ohara guy said there used to be an ancient advanced civilization?

Now, another thing I am wondering is why exactly are the ancient weapons unknown to the world government. The one thing we do know for a fact is that there was a war 800 years ago and it was won by the world government. During the war I would assume the sides indeed had the weapons at their disposal. Now, if the losing side had a weapon which was lost to history I would understand however what happened to the weapon which was held by the world government? I mean, the only way imaginable in which there would have been a war in that scenario is that each side at least had a weapon, otherwise one could take out the other. So what we have is the lost kingdom with their weapon, the world government with theirs and perhaps the fishmen independently with their own, a 3 way stalemate.

Doraku
May 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
well,Poseidon may be used in the story if Caribo and his boss kidnap shirahoshi,which is very likely. is pluton at alabasta? I doubt that,since franky had the projects to build it,so it can be built.

I also have the same question. I wonder if you can make an exact copy of Pluton as an ancient weapon or not. If it is possible for someone to make a copy, why Crocodile invade Alabasta which is suspected to have the original Pluton, rather than searching for Pluton blueprints (which is easier in my opinion)?

I agree that basically among those three, the "real" weapon (which only has destroying effect) is Pluton.

kkck
May 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
Well, as far as we know crocodile was not aware that pluto plans were just a few islands away in the belly of a cyborg. Even then, assuming he got the blueprints, would he have the means to build it? The resources? The manpower? Crocodile certainly does not have technical knowledge himself so he would need to find someone who did which is not necessarily something easy. At least franky had the know how of how to turn himself into a cyborg with scraps, I don't think just any shipwright could do that. Ultimately, finding the blueprints would not guarantee crocodile the weapon to some extent. Finding the actual thing would be easier in that regard than building one from scratch.

khaja_200923
May 25, 2012, 05:13 PM
Since Poseidon is a living giant mermaid rather than an actual weapon.I think the third ancient weapon should be a Immortal human or humanoid unmatched crazy strong character like Evangeline A.K. McDowell in Mahou Sensei Negima.Only he/she would use Haki instead of Magic and will be skilled in every imaginable way. i would very much prefer it to be a male rather than female who lives in his isolated forgotten Ancient country in the new world which has no magnetic field of its own and floating 1000mts-1500mts high in the sky. it's a unseen,undetected,unheard kingdom whose living residents are god like creatures and super high-tech robots like Android 16,17,18 from Dragon Ball Zee.

hoeru
August 15, 2012, 04:02 AM
So far we've had a ponegylph with information on Pluton in Arabasta, a poneglyph about where to find the poneglyph about Poseidon in Skypiea, and the poneglyph about Poseidon itself in Fishman Island. So may we expect that there's a poneglyph abouth where to find the poneglyph about Uranus in Wano Kuni? :3c

BlackSword
September 03, 2012, 06:06 PM
I think the last weapon might be connected to the "Will of D" which has been mentioned several times by Robin in the same general vein as the poneglyphs. Several other people mention "The Will of D" as well throughout the stories. I doubt the Will of D started w/ Roger and it would be interesting to see if one of the weapons every generation was born into 'free spirits' to balance out the others. Or possibly descendants? Anyway I think it may possibly a combination of an incredible will power, the ability to befriend almost anyone (including the holders of the other weapons) and the ability to overhear Sea Kings...

Just my general thoughts on the matter and yes I could be WAY off. :super

JunD Hazra
August 01, 2013, 12:17 AM
Guys,isnt it possible that uranus is the will of D.its something dats been passed down from ancient times.i know it doesnt make a lot of sense now.but as more stuff is getting revealed,dat may just be it.and will have a big effect on the predicted war.i cnt remember the fortune tellers name from fishman island
bt as she said dat luffy will bring the destruction of the island.it could be dat she meant it may happen during yhe war to come.

Zmsp
August 01, 2013, 03:53 AM
Well, i said a long time ago that i believed Blackbeard and his new power to be similar to an ancient weapon. So i've been thinking and it seems very plausible to me that the last ancient weapon is Blackbeard's devil fruit. This has a lot to do with the recent events regarding BB's fruit. According to greek mythology, Uranus threw his children into Tartarus, a prison, similarly to the well known story of Zeus and the Titans. This kind of reminds me of what blackbeard could be doing, he captures powers as if he was the prison himself. This is a power on the same scale of both weapons so far introduced, and it kind of adds up to the scenario: The strongest battleship, pulled by sea kings, and the captain possesses the strongest devil fruit, one capable of nulify and capture all others. On the other hand, it could make some sense being related to the sky, but then again, i dont see how Pluton adds up to that theory..

My 2 cents

PhantomShalnark
August 30, 2013, 03:22 PM
With our luck, Uranus is going to be some teenage boy who accidentally stumbles upon this great energy/power called Uranus, joins the Strawhat pirates, and only after they've been together on a few adventures does Robin realize that he is actually the last weapon. It WOULD give the Strawhat pirates the last ancient weapon, and would draw them into an ancient weapons battle, not to mention their friendship with Shirahoshi.

Jokes aside, I have a gut feeling that the weapons are going to be based upon sea, land and sky, since that's the territory that the pirates have explored. Shirahoshi is the ancient weapon of the sea, the war ship is the weaopn of land, and some strange creature will be the weapon of the sky - unless it is in fact some strange devil fruit that gives one the ability to control great weather diasters, or rule the skies with ease.