PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 265 Discussion

3c
December 22, 2011, 10:56 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74091-Fairy-Tail-264-Discussion-265-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

Sollum
January 06, 2012, 09:01 AM
*poof* http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59087367/1

chapter was.... uhh... i get this strange feeling, that in those 7 years rate of douchebaginess has grown 87%

mr.danly
January 06, 2012, 09:35 AM
ahhhhhhh shit!!!!! great chapter, Ivan seems to be keeping tabs on everything, and the revelation of the "true" dragon slayers is pretty absurd! Those bastards, I hope they get their asses kicked by Natsu and co. Also found Juvia's love triangle absolutely hilarious, I was on the floor about how she still thinks Leon is in love with Gray

MONKEYS
January 06, 2012, 09:40 AM
So, seems like Sting and Rogue both have the same type of magic, considering Rogue said they killed their master.
Methinks they'll end up as the main antagonists for the arc (Sabretooth, that is), then Gazille, Laxus and Mirajane (along with their posse's) can swoop in at the right time to save some fodder... probably, even though I don't want the fodder to be saved, I want them to fight!

Don't know how Raven tail is part of all of this, maybe they're in cahoots with Sabretooth, and possibly the evil king (although they could just have subdued/killed him)

sarutobi_sensei
January 06, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hmm, so those 2 never had met Natsu and Gazille. I wonder who their dragon was though.

Wendy seems like she'll get into trouble. That or she'll meet the king xD

Those 2 killed their parent? Wow, srsl they killed the dragon? Or maybe they're just bluffing and making Natsu getting pissed off so they can fight him.

I have a feeling that Acnologia will appear on this arc and those 2 will be beaten to a pulp by him :D I hope he does :D

Ifrit
January 06, 2012, 09:50 AM
lol...there goes my dream of Mashima going outside the circle of "5"...., but I don't want to get hasty...but this chapter got me thinking....in how this arc might turn to be....

Imagine the other guys did not return, because they were captured or something...that would be a little bit ....?....boring .....

I vote "BAD" for this chapter really...it did not excite me or anything....and I don't look forward for this tournament ...

kidopitz27
January 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
a part of my theory came true : artificial lacryma + dragon parents :)

another theory is

dragons leave their human child because to become a true DS you must kill your parents :) that's why there are no dragons anymore and there's just a handful of DS on the planet either they died trying to kill their parent dragon or the dragon left them :)

Skyguardian
January 06, 2012, 09:57 AM
Juvia is finally cute again. I love her style now even more than the one before edolas.

Chapter itself was interessting. Laxus and the other powerhouses not beeing here yet means, the tournement will end in a desaster and they will show up to save the day.

meepers4982
January 06, 2012, 10:04 AM
juvia made me laugh this chapter, especially how she didn't notice gray was fighting with leon to keep her in the guild. As for the dragonslayers i feel they're going to get a real butt kicking from Natsu. They killed a dragon together not alone and well it was their 'parent'...thats not cool.

Atobe the king
January 06, 2012, 10:20 AM
"Taking whats mine" eh Grey?

Can't shake the SSJ vibe on...sting was it? Not a bad chapter felt like forever since we got one for some reason. Those two are pretty damn arrogant...If Zeref is afraid of the dragon well...they'll get a wake up call later in the arc i suppose.

Evil3ye
January 06, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oh my god, the new cover is amazing. :nosebleed

kkck
January 06, 2012, 12:05 PM
Well, it was a fun chapter after all. A few things worth commenting on. First, obviously the hybrid DS thing. First of all it is bullcrap that this guys killed their dragons. A dragon is a stupidly powerful creature, there is no way this actually happened. Why would they even need to kill their dragons for that? Is dragon lachrima taking straight out of dragons or something? Worth noting about hybrid dragon slayers, I maintain that natsu is currently one. I believe the reason for which he is able to use lightning flame currently is because laxus accidentally transfered some of his dragon lachrima to natsu.

Sollum
January 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
Well, it was a fun chapter after all. A few things worth commenting on. First, obviously the hybrid DS thing. First of all it is bullcrap that this guys killed their dragons. A dragon is a stupidly powerful creature, there is no way this actually happened. Why would they even need to kill their dragons for that? Is dragon lachrima taking straight out of dragons or something? Worth noting about hybrid dragon slayers, I maintain that natsu is currently one. I believe the reason for which he is able to use lightning flame currently is because laxus accidentally transfered some of his dragon lachrima to natsu.

First bold - i thought exactly the same
Second bold - i second this idea!

Imagine Natsu receiving Lighting lachrima + opening his second vessel.

About second magic vessel. I was thinking that it may allow Natsu to use Godslayer flames (don't ask how, plot hole no jutsu). One vessel stores normal flames and another one - black flames, in addition to lighting lachrima.

Jorge D. Dragon
January 06, 2012, 12:21 PM
The chapter was good.
I liked the suspense and the build up of the atmosphere before the Tournament. It's actually interesting to know why everyone was ordered to come back before 12? Maybe it's something important? It might be something connected to that eveil magical presense during the Tournament or with that creature that was looking at Wendy and Charlie.
It's also interesting to learn about those two new Dragonslayers. They should be quite strong if they both have not only powers of normal Dragonslayers, but also lacrima in them. I believe they might be at the level of Luxus or even stronger by now, but I don't believe that they managed to kill their Dragon parent even combined. Firstly, because Dragon is insanely strong and second is because they should have been kids back then and they didn't reach the pinnacle of their power at that point.
I actually believe those two are trying to provoke Natsu to make him eager to fight them before or during the Tournament. So for now there are two posibilities conserning them:
1. They are evil and might be a part of something bigger like Sabertooth or maybe even bigger group of baddies.
2. They might want to look bad, but actually at the end they will be at least look like Gajeel, while at some point the main antogonists of this Arc will come.

The thing I also want to see is the King. Who is he and if he is good or bad. That's interesting, especially after Edolas arc. But as for me repeating the King's role as a baddie would be not only repeatative, but actually even somewhat boring.

Also... it looks like Elza wasn't affected by Ultear's magic. So it really might be that she had already opened her second magic container.

P.S. I don't know if it's only me, but I think this time Mangastream had a bad quality of translation, particulary in gramar.

jacke12
January 06, 2012, 12:24 PM
First bold - i thought exactly the same
Second bold - i second this idea!

Imagine Natsu receiving Lighting lachrima + opening his second vessel.

About second magic vessel. I was thinking that it may allow Natsu to use Godslayer flames (don't ask how, plot hole no jutsu). One vessel stores normal flames and another one - black flames, in addition to lighting lachrima.
Lol that will be one hell of power up and if it happens and if he merge them what will it happen ? Lightning fire dragon god mode and did anyone saw their eyes

joshua019
January 06, 2012, 12:38 PM

Yeah theres no way they can killed their parent dragon, if thats true then there is a such thing as weak dragons. next is that, one of them is Gazelle's former apprentice which means that they were about the same age as wendy b4 the time skip also there is a high chance that they weren't dragon slayers back then. Hades manage to teach God Slayer to someone, may be someone who is not a Dragon thought it to them?

Sollum
January 06, 2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah theres no way they can killed their parent dragon, if thats true then there is a such thing as weak dragons. next is that, one of them is Gazelle's former apprentice which means that they were about the same age as wendy b4 the time skip also there is a high chance that they weren't dragon slayers back then. Hades manage to teach God Slayer to someone, may be someone who is not a Dragon thought it to them?

Not really. If you are fighting someone that raised you - parent, i doubt they will go all out on you.

Its like stabbing someone in a sleep and yelling "HAHAH I WON IN A GLORIOUS DUEL!"

joshua019
January 06, 2012, 01:19 PM
Not really. If you are fighting someone that raised you - parent, i doubt they will go all out on you.

Its like stabbing someone in a sleep and yelling "HAHAH I WON IN A GLORIOUS DUEL!"

Thats a fair argument, but I get a feeling that those two are a couple of charlatan

Ero-Sanji
January 06, 2012, 01:56 PM
Two things left me rather confused about this chapter. The first being the fact that we had followed FT for more than a year(I guess), but we didn't receive a slightest hint of this so called tournament, I mean not even a little poster. What's up with that? Natsu who's a battle freak doesn't even know anything about it, the same thing could be spoken about Erza and Makarov who should possess some knowledge about it but doesn't seem to? Really odd... Correct me if I'm wrong and someone has said that the tournament spawned during the seven years.

About Sting and Rouge, how come that they idolized Natsu when he never killed Igneel in the first place? I mean there must have been something that Natsu had done to make them see him as an idol. This should further prove the "reincarnation or slumber" theory, but why is Rouge and Sting so familiar with Natsu when Gazille and Wendy wasn't, to that extent. Speaking of familiar why and how does the black cat know of Laxus' and Cobra's powers when no one else knew about them? I doubt that someone in FT ratted on that info and Ivan seem to be too selfish to let that secret out?

kakashidad
January 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
This imo was truely an EPIC issue.It had everything but a fight,lol.The humor from HAPPY and GRAY was hilarious.Natsu says ''shit''
and happy says ''so it's ok too do one now''..pmsl.Amazing! i don't think i've actually seen or read anything like that before in a manga.

Anyways,We now know how those new DS got to be who they are...their hybred that killed their dragon...fuck that's dark!Natsu was
not impressed with that last bit.I can't wait to see when he takes them on.Still,the other thing of note.For me at least was.Learning THAT
LAXUS AND GAJEEL (opps cap locks off) had not made it back yet?hmmmmmmmm.Further more i like how the games are not known
until when they comence,again hmmmm.
I'm abit busy now so laters.

afroman
January 06, 2012, 03:17 PM
This chapter was very good. The upcoming tournament kinda reminds me of the tournament in DBZ but with a twist.

perroloco
January 06, 2012, 03:21 PM
Me thinks the dragons they slayed were like genetically created.. Cloned or something like that.

Uriel
January 06, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm calling it now: This tournaments absorbs the power of the winners.

And damn, those Dragons Slayers have sense. Although I really doubt their dragons were as strong as Dragneel. And it's a total shame that Gajeel is not there. I like him, more when there is the Dragon Trio fighting which always ends in cool combos.

Overall a great chapter. I was particularly impressed by the art.

Correct me if I'm wrong and someone has said that the tournament spawned during the seven years.
Yes, it spawned in the 7 years timeskip.

Darjaille
January 06, 2012, 03:54 PM
The daughter of Bisca and Alzac :wtf

Great chapter for me.

Happy laughing at the other two members of Shadow Gear :lmao
Gray "taking what is mine" eh eh? I was starting to think that GrayxJuvia is maybe not going to happen as gray is so... .. But~
Lucy being cute with flowers
Rogue and Sting, I got a bad vibe from them. Like, bad vibe meaning that they managed to 'scare' me, didn't happen with 7kin. They think Acnologia is weak? Lol I hope she (ya I still think it may be she XD) wakes them up sometimes later this arc/next arc.
Anyway, the 'true DS' is pretty interesting, they have to be really strong... What I want to know more is though, who was their parent? A new dragon?

Something is going to happen to Wendy, she's alone again. I'd like to see some premonitions by Charle earlier though.

Laxus and Gajeel gang, hm? Maybe they discovered something during the three months? About the mysterious thing, maybe.

And again, lol @ Erza :XD

kkck
January 06, 2012, 04:32 PM
I don't think the second vessel thing would allow natsu to use god slayer magic. It was trouble enough making his body capable of absorbing such a thing to begin with. More so, the issue here is that he would have to make his body take the constitution and power of whatever creature zancrow was mimicking to begin with. He has in no way learned such a thing currently.

I have to admit I am intrigued about the possibilities of a dragon slayer using real DS magic and a lachrima. The first thing worth noting is that to begin with neither has been shown to be superior to the other. The main difference I have observed so far is that lachrima DS somehow seem to take more dragon characteristics than normal dragon slayers. With laxus and cobra we have actually seem them covered in dragon scales which has not been the case with either natsu, wendy or gazille (he had scales but they were made of his metal, they weren't an actual part of his body). As far as real DS with scales, we have only seen those in natsu when he has used ethereon, the flame of rebuke and laxus magic. In this regard I would argue that the most obvious effect of combining both magics is that they will be able to take a more dragonic appearance than either kind of DS. They haven't actually stated that they have matching DS magic and lachrima so there is also a very real chance of them using 2 different elements. It'd be interesting if they actually alternate and mix between elements and it would be even more interesting if their lachrima would correspond to natsu's and gajille's or wendy's dragons (basically they would have killed metalicana and igneel). I still think they were set up to believe they killed dragons. Perhaps their guild master had something to do with that, we should see him shortly.

Sollum
January 06, 2012, 05:03 PM
Food for thought

If Sabre Dragon Slayers did not kill their dragon/-s, where they got their Lachrymas from? In sense they are true Dragon slayers.
Learn Magic -> Kill Dragon -> Take his power

ErosVp
January 06, 2012, 05:19 PM
Those guys are not iron dragon slayers like we were thinking then.... But I can already tell they are a joke! Kill acnologia? Yeah, keep dreaming.... If they killed a dragon, then the dragon was nothing like Igneel or Acnologia and if they are bluffing they are more stupid. These guys will get a beautiful beating, I just wish Natsu save the fun for Luxus and Gazille too!

Zeltrax
January 06, 2012, 07:18 PM
Not really setting any expectations for this chapter.
Anyway, I'm not really surprised at the "5" because seriously they were the only ones
that got the power boast so..
I believe Gazille is doing something related to raven tail, maybe working with them or something as a mole again,
that's why he can't show up.
Mirajane and Lisanna's group..I'm not too sure but I believe they'll come later.

And Mashima really can draw, the capital of flowers look so darn pretty.
I think there is another dragon slayer in the city because of that sneaky black cat climbing around <_<

and seriously, they killed their dragons?
Let's see..dragons are the most feared and strongest being in ft as far as we know, if they actually
killed them won't that make them..
God level :o, I think this fight is already won by them.

But I don't buy it, I'm pretty sure Mashima twisted it somehow and will introduce a sob story for the sabretooth
guys with their dragons.
Calling it now.

joshua019
January 06, 2012, 08:10 PM
The first thing worth noting is that to begin with neither has been shown to be superior to the other. The main difference I have observed so far is that lachrima DS somehow seem to take more dragon characteristics than normal dragon slayers. With laxus and cobra we have actually seem them covered in dragon scales which has not been the case with either natsu, wendy or gazille (he had scales but they were made of his metal, they weren't an actual part of his body). As far as real DS with scales, we have only seen those in natsu when he has used ethereon, the flame of rebuke and laxus magic. In this regard I would argue that the most obvious effect of combining both magics is that they will be able to take a more dragonic appearance than either kind of DS. They haven't actually stated that they have matching DS magic and lachrima so there is also a very real chance of them using 2 different elements. It'd be interesting if they actually alternate and mix between elements and it would be even more interesting if their lachrima would correspond to natsu's and gajille's or wendy's dragons (basically they would have killed metalicana and igneel). I still think they were set up to believe they killed dragons. Perhaps their guild master had something to do with that, we should see him shortly.

1st my thoughts on the dragons scales is in "threshold", say Natsu, Gazelle, Wendy original dragon slayer needs high amounts of magical power to produce dragon scales(that is why natsu needs to consume external magic) whereas the lacyrma DS (laxus, cobra) has a lower magical boundary where they start to produce dragon like characteristics like dragon scales, SO with the 2nd vessel opened with natsu he is much more capable of producing those dragon characteristics.

My view all along about DS magic is that it slowly converts the user into Dragon and may be Dragon can't reproduce that they need to teach it to humans so that Dragon race would grow.

llamapie
January 06, 2012, 11:05 PM
So isn't Natsu a hybrid now too? With his fire powers and the lightning powers he apparently still has?

crimsonlink310
January 07, 2012, 12:56 AM
Great chapter to start of 2012. From the looks of the first 2 pages the power up just barely finished in time. So we have no idea if they got to train for 1 or 2 days.

Seeing Al and Bis's kid on Makarov's shoulder was heartwarming and we seriously need a name for her. Edit: NVM Asuka is her name. lol At Happy laughing at Jet and Droy.

I was wondering what the tournament was going to be like but the 5 people limit surprised me. lol At Makarov saying they should have Gildarts, Laxus and Mirajane. Talk about an OP team lol. I think for Fairy tail's strongest team it should have been Laxus, Erza, Mirajane, Natsu and Grey. Since Gildarts is out traveling again.

It made me laugh that each year that some competition that Fairy tail would have easily won was not attended by the person needed. I imagine Droy had to do the speed competition the year it was offered lmao.

As for the rules, they sound fair enough, Makarov would stomp most competitors if he fought lol.

Now this is where the chapter got interesting. Why do the competitors have to return to their lodgings by 12 at night? It would be great if the members not participating would scout around since they are not required to be in the lodging by 12. We can get some focus on Levi and gang while team Natsu rests up.

When Natsu and Lucy left to explore it looks like they are holding hands when Erza calls out to them, I think it maybe a drawing error but it might not lol.

BTW the room looks like it only has 4 beds lol.

Erza was hilarious with her searching the place for anything suspicious. I'm surprised she didn't find anything.

Then we get to the real humor of the chapter. Juvia-Gray-Leon triangle. Leon was surprisingly aggressive in asking out Juvia.

Gray was more hilarious by saying Juvia was his. Poor Juvia thought Grey wanted Leon lol. We do know that Jura will compete now thanks to Leon. Erza vs Jura would be awesome.

The king's palace is pretty awesome looking, and I'm pretty curious about the king. Does he command the magic council? Can't wait for him to be introduced.

That evil looking Gremlin that is watching Wendy is making me wonder what else will happen during the tournament as it could be interrupted.

Now to the serious part. Well the beginning of Natsu meeting Sting and Rogue was funny thanks to Happy and Lector. Then the true nature of Sting and Rogue was revealed.

That cat Lector, I really dislike him but he did a good job explaining the different DS generations.

Anyways Sting and Rogue are evil bastards for killing the dragon that taught them DS magic.

Too bad there is only an hour till 12 as noted on the last page. I expect a whole lot of tension next chapter and Lucy probably having to hold back Natsu.

Now for some analysis:

Rogue was Gajeel's apprentice as said by Sting on the Sabertooth chapter. But it was Sting that ate the Arrowhead and threw a Breath attack against the fodder dark mage. Makes me wonder if they both can use multiple DS magic.

Both said they were taught under the same dragon. Meaning it was between the timeskip when they were kids and the core of Fairy Tail was gone.

So maybe the Dragons noticed that their kids were gone so another Dragon went out and found Sting and Rouge.

The Dragon kill must have been pretty recent because them killing the Dragon within the first couple of years wouldn't make sense as they couldn't be that powerful at that age.

Which brings me to my biggest question. What exactly is Dragon Lacrima? How is it different than normal Lacrima and how does it allow you to use DS magic? Also can any element be used since Laxus and Cobra have Lightning and Poison respectively? The last question is how do you get Dragon Lacrima?

Ivan mentioned that he wanted to take Laxus's Lacrima. Which means Dragon Lacrima can be taken by others.

One last thing is who are the other 3 members of Sabertooth that makes the guild so powerful and made them the strongest in the Fiore kingdom.

I hope Hiro answers these questions soon in the coming chapters.

Lectro Volpi
January 07, 2012, 04:04 AM
"We killed our Dragon Masters!" :mad

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

Still, for some reason (plot reasons) I think they are not going to end up as fodder and will put up a good fight and that´s all I want.

I could be wrong as Grimoire Heart was the strongest dark guild at the era and ended up in the trash can.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/6

Did not saw "Dark" in Raven Tail name ¿they got legal?

Razh
January 07, 2012, 05:22 AM
I think I know now what I have to do. I'm gonna stop reading Fairy Tail for a couple of months. I just know that this arc is going to be so much better if I read it all at once, instead of having to suffer most of the month :p

Honestly, didn't expect for Sting and Rogue to be a couple of douchebags. Oh well, can't wait to see them eat their words. Later guys ;)

joshua019
January 07, 2012, 06:14 AM
"We killed our Dragon Masters!" :mad

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

Still, for some reason (plot reasons) I think they are not going to end up as fodder and will put up a good fight and that´s all I want.

I could be wrong as Grimoire Heart was the strongest dark guild at the era and ended up in the trash can.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96807810/6

Did not saw "Dark" in Raven Tail name ¿they got legal?

It just a Master, Its also their parent so if u call it badass, I call EMO

garcon
January 07, 2012, 07:40 AM
I enjoyed the chapter (especially the funny part with Happy) everything has been said about the good part so I won't talk about it...

on the other hand I really dislike the 5 people thing, 5 people is ok (well at least I can accept it) but we have the ordinary five... at least, like it's said in the chapter Erza, Natsu and Gray were obvious but Wendy and Lucy...really ? I know they get a boost and they will certainly do something good ( I have big hope for Lucy) but I mean, it's not a logical choice....
even Juvia didn't make it in the 5 ? she was a candidate for s-class mage, she got the boost too, she is stronger than the other two but no no no let's choose the little girl who can't fight by herself, she is cute...

(while writing I realize that she probably won't have to fight, she will participate in a contest of protecting spell or shit like that but still...)

joshua019
January 07, 2012, 07:56 AM
I enjoyed the chapter (especially the funny part with Happy) everything has been said about the good part so I won't talk about it...

on the other hand I really dislike the 5 people thing, 5 people is ok (well at least I can accept it) but we have the ordinary five... at least, like it's said in the chapter Erza, Natsu and Gray were obvious but Wendy and Lucy...really ? I know they get a boost and they will certainly do something good ( I have big hope for Lucy) but I mean, it's not a logical choice....
even Juvia didn't make it in the 5 ? she was a candidate for s-class mage, she got the boost too, she is stronger than the other two but no no no let's choose the little girl who can't fight by herself, she is cute...

(while writing I realize that she probably won't have to fight, she will participate in a contest of protecting spell or shit like that but still...)

Lucy is always in every mission is the most useless among all of them, most of her victory comes from luck... if i have to choose i would have levi and max than lucy and wendy

sarutobi_sensei
January 07, 2012, 08:05 AM
What I didn't like was the fact that Team FT won't be having Laxus, Gajeel, Mirajane in it. Srsl, just 5 members out of an entire guild sucks.

Erza, Natsu, Laxus, Gajeel, Mirajane, that would be an epic team.

If it were a 10 member team, Gray, Lucy, Fried, Wendy and Jubia could also enter.

But this is to make things more interesting.

Oh I just thought about it. What if, now that FT is back, there will be a change to the rules, for the mysterious force to gather more Magical power. So the teams will be able to add other members.

matzik1212
January 07, 2012, 09:30 AM
Good chapter!
I'm getting excited now that they finally arrived in the capital. :D
I really don't like those guys from Sabertooth , at first i tried really hard to remember if they meet Natsu before but it results they just admired him yhere wasn't any meeting between them. They are annoying though at first i thought they seem like good people but they are just a pair of cruel and unscrupulous men i see ;) And i can't believe they said those things about Natsu, now i can't wait and see how will Natsu deal with them in the end 'cause even though they had a Dragon as parent and have a lacryma in their bodies they still can't surpass Natsu , well maybe i give them a chance on a 2 vs 1 battle :)
Oh and i almost forgot , i really liked Gray this chapter. Juvia's efforts seem to finally show some results : " Don't go around taking what's mine" that phrase was priceless really :XD way to go :thumbs

Edelheld
January 07, 2012, 10:07 AM
Don't forget that the tournament is not just for fighting magic. It's not just a duel or group fight, it's a test of different skills and abilities. For summoning magic test Lucy is the only option(are Bickslow and Erza summoners?), and for supportive magic test Wendy's only alternative is that weird dancing guy =/ And don't forget that Lucy is the smartest one and outgunned in that only by Levy. Do you really want to see Natsu having a chess competition or Laxus winning "the cuttest mage" competition?

joshua019
January 07, 2012, 01:14 PM
Don't forget that the tournament is not just for fighting magic. It's not just a duel or group fight, it's a test of different skills and abilities. For summoning magic test Lucy is the only option(are Bickslow and Erza summoners?), and for supportive magic test Wendy's only alternative is that weird dancing guy =/ And don't forget that Lucy is the smartest one and outgunned in that only by Levy. Do you really want to see Natsu having a chess competition or Laxus winning "the cuttest mage" competition?

luxus knows lots of magic and fred's magic is very versatile

Edelheld
January 07, 2012, 02:13 PM
luxus knows lots of magic and fred's magic is very versatile
And what's Laxus' supporting or summoning magic? Yeah, Fried or Bickslow might make team more versatile, but they are not present.

joshua019
January 07, 2012, 02:25 PM
And what's Laxus' supporting or summoning magic? Yeah, Fried or Bickslow might make team more versatile, but they are not present.

He might have some unknown supporting ability, but the real question is that no one knows wat might come out so the best thing to do is to put the most versatile ppl in.

Edelheld
January 07, 2012, 05:40 PM
He might have some unknown supporting ability, but the real question is that no one knows wat might come out so the best thing to do is to put the most versatile ppl in.
He might and might not.
Yep, sticking in one team only destroyers like Mira, Erza, Natsu, Gildarts and Laxus would be wrong.

Rarhyx
January 07, 2012, 06:39 PM
i think gazeel and laxus got kidnapped or something

oniichan powaa
January 08, 2012, 12:23 AM
Awesome chapter! (MAINLY due to character development and cliffhanger conflict between Natsu and the 3rd Gen. D.Slayers) :tem
crimsonlink310, you've already state everything that was in my mind before i post this message so I'll just say that I agree with your opinions.

Exactly like you've ask, what is the dragon lachryma?

My answer is the dragon lachryma(s) are magically enchanted crystals/ crystallize form of magic. We've seen normal lachryma used as a type of 'magic fuel' during the Tower of Heaven arc, in their Etherion device, and in Edolas. Normal humans must be able to create this thing because even people in Edolas (who don't have inner magic like Earthlanders) can use it in everyday chores.

My prediction is that lachryma is originally created by people from Edolas since they want to harness the power of magic. This idea is subsequently brought to Earthland (by alchemists from Edolas, maybe). Though it is not used widely in Earthland (again, due to them having inner magic), it still proved to be useful when large scale magic energy is needed, i.e Etherion weapon.

Now, going to the dragon lachryma issue. If the Exceeds (cat-like magical beings) can be used to create lachryma, then Dragons can be used as the 'main ingredient' for creating the dragon lachryma. Since the Dragon's enormous magical power is used, the dragon lachryma will also have great magic properties. Logic!
The recipes to make dragon lachryma might sound like this:
Poison + Dragon's d.n.a/body parts/eternano energy + 'whoknowswhat' = the main substance for poison dragon lachryma.
OR
Electricity + Dragon's d.n.a/body parts/eternano energy + 'whoknowswhat' = the main substance for thunder dragon lachryma.

*The process might be different from one lachryma to another, but it is probably alchemy.
(Mashima must reveal to us in future chapters about the origin of lachryma before jumping to the creation of said dragon lachryma)

Who helps create the dragon lachryma? Like I said before, the experts must be people from Edolas. While we still don't know their identities, it won't hurt if I give another prediction; that they might be related to the disappearance of Dragneel, Metallicana and Grandine in year 777. They're probably hunted like wild animals by these 'dragon poacher'. Not that they're weak against said hunters, but the hunters might also have dragon lachryma and/or dragon slaying techniques (like Sabertooth's Sting and Rouge, maybe they're the lab rats of the hunters) so that they are on equal strength. Fighting fire with fire would bring disaster, so they hid themselves for the time being. Hence, explain why the dragon taught dragon slaying magic to their children; so that they can protect themselves against the dragon hunters. :blink

What do you people think? Opinion appreciated.

joshua019
January 08, 2012, 07:10 AM
i think gazeel and laxus got kidnapped or something

how did you get to that idea?

wooticus
January 08, 2012, 10:49 AM
those "third generation" dragon slayers are a bit overconfident i guess. beating acnologia? for sure they don't know what they're talking about. moreover i didn't exactly get why they should be better than "normal" dragonslayers. i can't see anything but a mere increase of power by putting lachrima into you. of course this makes them stronger, but does it make them better dragon slayers?

Well, is it possible that Natsu will already fight them? Some action would be fine, there hasn't been fighting for a long time now..

BlackHair
January 08, 2012, 05:31 PM
We all know Mashima tends to hype character, but in the end they are quite disappointing. I bet my FT experience saying that those two are nothing big. The real opponents are Raven Tail and or the mysteries dark presence. I honestly don't think much of those two.

joshua019
January 08, 2012, 06:24 PM
acnologia is very overpower if beating acnologia means they have to be stronger than the whole fairy tail

Ninja_Pirate
January 09, 2012, 01:29 AM
But when it was explained about third generation DS... Mashima made it sound like 1st generation is the weakest,,, however what that two DS does not know is Natsu might have alright changed into a third generation himself... natsu a fire dragon slayer + lachrima of a lightining dragon slayer... and that could be it... lightining sure is one of a very powerful lachrima he cud have been upgraded wid ..

i think that was the intention of showing Natsu using lightning element before :)

Razh
January 09, 2012, 04:04 AM
From my understanding, becoming a dragon slayer with the help of lachryma just means that you'll be able to progress faster than an ordinary dragon slayer. We saw that Natsu was able to hold his own against those perfectly well.
I think the same applies to this 3rd generation. What's more, achieving so much power so fast means they are too cocky for their own good, and once Natsu starts getting up from their attacks and into their face more and more, they are going to look like this - :o

crimsonlink310
January 09, 2012, 05:21 AM
Dragon Slayer magic is becoming Ipod like. There is a new generation every few arcs lol.

I think that there are certain drawbacks to Dragon Lacrima that we have yet to see in the manga. That or original DS will be just plain superior by the end of the manga.

Jorge D. Dragon
January 09, 2012, 07:21 AM
The thing I really want to learn is what type of Dragonslayer powers have Sting and Rogue. According to their explanation they should have one same (as their shared the same Dragon teacher) and second power may be the same or not. But I hope their second type of Dragon power is different or maybe they even have up to three different types of DS magic. Also I do believe they are strong, but not stronger than Gildarts otherwise it will be imposible for Natsu to beat any of them at this point even with his power up and his new Fire Lightning Mode.
Also maybe there is a posibility that Natsu will absorb new powers from these new Dragon Slayers, thus becoming the King of Dragon Slayers or their leader (whatever you want to call him ;) )

ErosVp
January 09, 2012, 11:14 AM
Anyway... How the hell those two know about Luxus havind lacrima in his body? Even Makarov didn't know about it until the fighting arc....

kkck
January 09, 2012, 02:05 PM
I have been thinking about just how strong that second magic container could make the gang. Overall, it could be quite a bit more than expected to say the least. The issue I guess would be the size of the new magical container within their bodies. If I recall when natsu used the flame of rebuke he mentioned his strength doubled or tripled and it was a comparable boost to ethereon. In this particular regard, the new magical container being the same size as his original one would imply natsu and company have in essence doubled their magical power which would mean regular natsu would be comparably as strong as his dragon force mode. I wonder how dragon force would look like if he uses it with his power being at the level it is supposed to be now, perhaps his dragon transformation would go even further (as using dragon force seems to make him more dragonic).

Another thing I have been thinking of is whether being a hybrid DS would allow them to use dragon force at will basically. So far natsu has used dragon force when he ate ethereon, when he ate the flame of rebuke and maybe when he used laxus magic. In this particular regard dragon force (which has been called the true power of a dragon) seems to be caused by external factors or maybe by a sudden increase in magic (perhaps a DS with enough magic could use it at will). The hybrid DS having natural DS magic and dragon lachrima would perhaps be a natural user of said power as his magic would have 2 sources to begin with. I wonder if the lightning flame was set up by mashima specifically to counter these guys though. If they happen to have normal DS magic and a different element of lachrima they could basically have their equivalent of lightning fire which would be quite something. If I recall one of them ate the arrow thrown at him and at the same time they were said to be white and shadow DS. I'd be interesting if those two claim to have killed igneel and metalicana and got fire and iron dragon lachrima out of it.

NAM61
January 09, 2012, 05:41 PM
since natsu has laxus lightning he is probably considered a 3rd generation DS as well? and after the power up given to them he should be on par or superior to the arrogant DS.

Uriel
January 09, 2012, 09:57 PM
Either way, kkck, we should expect an improvement on how Natsu access to Dragon Force.

crimsonlink310
January 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
Anyway... How the hell those two know about Luxus havind lacrima in his body? Even Makarov didn't know about it until the fighting arc....

Wait what? Makarov did know that Laxus had Lacrima in his body. After all Ivan (Makarov's son and Raven tail's master) put it into his son Laxus in order to help with his weak body.

Anyways I can't wait for Natsu to fight someone and hopefully we can see some awesome new techs or more powerful versions of Natsu's normal attacks.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
those "third generation" dragon slayers are a bit overconfident i guess. beating acnologia? for sure they don't know what they're talking about. moreover i didn't exactly get why they should be better than "normal" dragonslayers. i can't see anything but a mere increase of power by putting lachrima into you. of course this makes them stronger, but does it make them better dragon slayers?

In their defense, they actually did kill a dragon. Rather odd that neither Natsu nor Gajeel have managed to do what was in their job description.

We all know Mashima tends to hype character, but in the end they are quite disappointing. I bet my FT experience saying that those two are nothing big. The real opponents are Raven Tail and or the mysteries dark presence. I honestly don't think much of those two.

Sigh, I wish I could believe otherwise but you're right. I'm sure we all remember how Zeref got his ass beat by Urtear (how emasculating) and we can't forget Gildartz. How is this guy stronger than Luxus? :-_-

acnologia is very overpower if beating acnologia means they have to be stronger than the whole fairy tail

That's not really surprising though. We've seen a lot of people stronger than all of FT. I'm talking Hades and the two or three other villains that came before him. It stands to reason that anyone at S-Class level poses a threat to the entire FT with the exception of FT's own S-Class mages. At that point it's just a matter or who can pull out a win in the end. If Sting and Rogue are S-Class mages and if they are "true dragonslayers" I don't see any reason why they couldn't beat Aconologia. The world is a big place and we have to think beyond, "Oh well if Natsu couldn't do variable-x no one else can either." Natsu isn't Goku. :s

From my understanding, becoming a dragon slayer with the help of lachryma just means that you'll be able to progress faster than an ordinary dragon slayer.

Doping. It's how champions train. :D

We saw that Natsu was able to hold his own against those perfectly well. I think the same applies to this 3rd generation. What's more, achieving so much power so fast means they are too cocky for their own good, and once Natsu starts getting up from their attacks and into their face more and more, they are going to look like this - :o

You're forgetting the fact that Sting and Rogue were also trained by dragons. Luxus, with lacryma and without any training from an actual dragon did beat BOTH Gajeel and Natsu. He almost killed them and would have if he didn't try to use Fairy Law. Natsu admits that he didn't win and Gajeel even stated that Luxus was a monster. So like it or not, lacryma does make a huge difference. Now you take someone who has both training from a dragon and lacryma in their bodies and I'd say you have the formula for a true dragonslayer.

crimsonlink310
January 10, 2012, 12:42 PM
Natsu and co are technically the most powerful team FT has since they have 1 S-class, 4 pseudo S-class, and 3 supporting teammates. (Erza S-class, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Juvia pseudo S-class, Wendy, Happy and Charla are the supporting teammates.)

Of course Laxus and his group are rather powerful but not against 7 people lol.

yellowblue
January 10, 2012, 05:07 PM
Who knows, the 3rd gen DS might have just killed their human counterpart version (like the old lady in FT) and not the actual dragon. Since the real dragons already left at around year 777, the 3rd gen DS might not even been born yet at that time. The one that might have actually trained them are the human version of the dragon thus the need for lachrima in their bodies. Plus they also underestimated dragons, even Zeref can't do anything about the Acnologia and he is considered to be the most strongest evil mage. I could be wrong though since they also have talking cats.

ghostexiled
January 10, 2012, 07:20 PM
Please remember that this thread is to discuss Fairy Tail only!!

Please DO NOT post about other manga series and/or their respective powers (EX=Gears, SS, Bankais or Sharingans)

There are general discussion threads made for these types of discussions...

Thanks!

joshua019
January 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
The thing I really want to learn is what type of Dragonslayer powers have Sting and Rogue. According to their explanation they should have one same (as their shared the same Dragon teacher) and second power may be the same or not. But I hope their second type of Dragon power is different or maybe they even have up to three different types of DS magic. Also I do believe they are strong, but not stronger than Gildarts otherwise it will be imposible for Natsu to beat any of them at this point even with his power up and his new Fire Lightning Mode.
Also maybe there is a posibility that Natsu will absorb new powers from these new Dragon Slayers, thus becoming the King of Dragon Slayers or their leader (whatever you want to call him ;) )

they are light and shadow DS, Natsu's Lighting fire mode is fine it already fine like that if he starts taking other DS affinity the that would just be too overpowered and would destroy the manga

crimsonlink310
January 10, 2012, 08:23 PM
they are light and shadow DS, Natsu's Lighting fire mode is fine it already fine like that if he starts taking other DS affinity the that would just be too overpowered and would destroy the manga

Well Natsu learned Fire DS from Igneel. It was never said if 1st gen DS couldn't absorb other elements. Natsu has already shown us Fire and Lightning. I wouldn't mind if he took other elements as long as it blocked off a certain element or that he can only combine 2 elements at a time.

Also we don't know if Sting and Rogue are light and shadow DS. We don't even know if they have more than 1 element yet.

elitefox
January 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
But when it was explained about third generation DS... Mashima made it sound like 1st generation is the weakest,,, however what that two DS does not know is Natsu might have alright changed into a third generation himself... natsu a fire dragon slayer + lachrima of a lightining dragon slayer... and that could be it... lightining sure is one of a very powerful lachrima he cud have been upgraded wid ..

i think that was the intention of showing Natsu using lightning element before :)

Think about that... he ate a lacryma before ryt? maybe it integrated in his cells or somesort lol and made a natural dragon lacryma in his body :cheez

Ifrit
January 11, 2012, 12:21 AM
Who knows, the 3rd gen DS might have just killed their human counterpart version (like the old lady in FT) and not the actual dragon. Since the real dragons already left at around year 777, the 3rd gen DS might not even been born yet at that time. The one that might have actually trained them are the human version of the dragon thus the need for lachrima in their bodies. Plus they also underestimated dragons, even Zeref can't do anything about the Acnologia and he is considered to be the most strongest evil mage. I could be wrong though since they also have talking cats.

That is actually not a bad idea. Since I don't think these two are strong as they think, but soon we will find out. He could play the Edolas card again you never know, because defeating a real Dragon...after I saw what a real dragon breath attack can do. Those two thinks that Acnologia is actually human maybe.

And the cats came from Edolas in the first place, and it was said that they sent to earth land more than 2 eggs (Happy & Charlie ), so u never know.

NOTE: anyone notice how Rouge character took a huge turn ?

in the beginning he was introduced like this:
:-_-

Then he acted way different when he met Natsu.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 11, 2012, 11:45 AM

Only issue I have with your argument is the Zeref-Acnologia thing. Zeref was hardly at his strongest when Acnologia showed up. Everyone who's anyone fears Zeref and his dark magic and this is for good reason. We've known of demons who bow down to this guy. He wouldn't break a sweat killing a dragon, even if that dragon is Acnologia. The Zeref we saw was not complete. He has yet to awaken to his full power. If he did we would have seen the entire world reduced to a wasteland after the time skip.

yellowblue
January 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
Only issue I have with your argument is the Zeref-Acnologia thing. Zeref was hardly at his strongest when Acnologia showed up. Everyone who's anyone fears Zeref and his dark magic and this is for good reason. We've known of demons who bow down to this guy. He wouldn't break a sweat killing a dragon, even if that dragon is Acnologia. The Zeref we saw was not complete. He has yet to awaken to his full power. If he did we would have seen the entire world reduced to a wasteland after the time skip.

Zeref can sense the Acnologia even before it physically appeared so that thing must be related to Zeref. It might be his pet when he was still 100% but his reaction to that dragon is like he can't do anything about it so if he could have the chance to defeat that dragon before he would have done it already. He quickly got rid of Hades http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/250/7 so he should have done the same thing with Acnologia if it was possible.

This is purely a speculation but killing Acnologia might even be the key to kill Zeref, that's why Zeref needs Natsu (a dragon slayer) in order to kill him.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 11, 2012, 03:16 PM
He quickly got rid of Hades http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/250/7 so he should have done the same thing with Acnologia if it was possible.

I understand your argument but the issue is that you're assuming Hades and Acnologia have the same power level. It's quite possible that the Zeref in this time was stronger than Hades and could therefore, kill him but taking down Acnologia in an incomplete state was a bit out of his league.

This is purely a speculation but killing Acnologia might even be the key to kill Zeref, that's why Zeref needs Natsu (a dragon slayer) in order to kill him.

Not quite. Zeref was seeking Natsu because he wanted Natsu to kill him (Zeref) before he awakened. Zeref tracking down Natsu didn't have anything to do with Acnologia.

Edelheld
January 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hell, I think that Zeref is a Dragon Slayer with Acnologia as his parent dragon.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
Hell, I think that Zeref is a Dragon Slayer with Acnologia as his parent dragon.

That's one idea I had as well. :teehee

yellowblue
January 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
I understand your argument but the issue is that you're assuming Hades and Acnologia have the same power level. It's quite possible that the Zeref in this time was stronger than Hades and could therefore, kill him but taking down Acnologia in an incomplete state was a bit out of his league.

Not quite. Zeref was seeking Natsu because he wanted Natsu to kill him (Zeref) before he awakened. Zeref tracking down Natsu didn't have anything to do with Acnologia.

You already mentioned that Zeref is not as powerful as before so anyone could potentially kill him right now but why is he still living? He can always ask a more powerful mage like Gildarts to kill him instead of Natsu by why specifically look for Natsu? The only unique attribute of Natsu (that I could think of) is being a dragon slayer and the Acnologia appeared right after the time when Hades tried to awaken Zeref. Also, Gildarts mentioned that it might be possible for Natsu to kill the black dragon (earlier episodes when Gildarts was introduced) since he is a dragon slayer. I am just connecting the dots...

Yup he might be a dragon slayer too. There must be a connection between Zeref and Acnologia, he might also be or the human version of the dragon.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
You already mentioned that Zeref is not as powerful as before so anyone could potentially kill him right now but why is he still living? He can always ask a more powerful mage like Gildarts to kill him instead of Natsu by why specifically look for Natsu? The only unique attribute of Natsu (that I could think of) is being a dragon slayer and the Acnologia appeared right after the time when Hades tried to awaken Zeref. Also, Gildarts mentioned that it might be possible for Natsu to kill the black dragon (earlier episodes when Gildarts was introduced) since he is a dragon slayer. I am just connecting the dots...

Ahhhhh, I see. I think we have something. What if Zeref cannot be killed permanently? Could it be so that Zeref and Acnologia share a life link of sorts and the only way to kill Zeref is to kill Acnologia? It could be that once Zeref awakens no one will be able to stop him because he might have some way to sever his connection with Acnologia. If the current Zeref still has that connection, and if killing Acnologia is the only way to kill him, then it would make perfect sense for him to seek Natsu. Zeref has stated that he wants Natsu to kill him before he awakens. Gildartz tells us that perhaps, Natsu has what it takes to kill Acnologia. And there is a definite connection between Zeref and Acnologia.

Either they share a lifelink or I've been playing too much Blazblue. :cheez

Ifrit
January 12, 2012, 04:22 AM
Zeref simply said that a human can't stand against a dragon.

Zeref dark magic is basically creating "Demons" what if Zeref is the one who created Acnologia.

It was his way to stand against the other dragons 400 years ago. He can't go against Igneel, Metalicana, and Grandine. So he created this powerful demon Dragon, but he couldn't control it.

I think the only way to kill Acnologia is to kill Zeref not the other way around. I don't care how powerful Natsu will reach.. I just can't see him actually beating Acnologia. Gildartz said that Acnologia was playing with them it didn't even go 10 % out.

In the end it got bored cast a normal dragon breath attack, and flew away.

jacke12
January 13, 2012, 02:41 AM
Zeref simply said that a human can't stand against a dragon.

Zeref dark magic is basically creating "Demons" what if Zeref is the one who created Acnologia.

It was his way to stand against the other dragons 400 years ago. He can't go against Igneel, Metalicana, and Grandine. So he created this powerful demon Dragon, but he couldn't control it.

I think the only way to kill Acnologia is to kill Zeref not the other way around. I don't care how powerful Natsu will reach.. I just can't see him actually beating Acnologia. Gildartz said that Acnologia was playing with them it didn't even go 10 % out.

In the end it got bored cast a normal dragon breath attack, and flew away.

When you say it like that Acnologia really looks like the demons that Hades created with the magic form the book of Zeref http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/247/8 but the thing is even Zeref doesn't know when acnologia will atack he can oly sense him when he is near

Ninja_Pirate
January 13, 2012, 04:49 AM
When you say it like that Acnologia really looks like the demons that Hades created with the magic form the book of Zeref http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/247/8 but the thing is even Zeref doesn't know when acnologia will atack he can oly sense him when he is near

Or may be its just .. till zeref was asleep there was no acnologia.. the day zeref seen wandering around.. thts when acnologia came in picture... It does seem to me a dragon and I believe on the theory of him being the dragon slayer for acnologia... but on other hand if acnologia did turn out to be zeref's creation then so does the other dragon ....

it has always been a mystery that why all the other dragons are creating dragon slayers in the first place..so other theory says ,.. that is the counter measure of all dragons against acnologia who would be the villain in their community ... but in this case zeref will not b a dragon slayer since why would acnologia create a dragon slayer.. but zeref knew a good deal about acnologia.. like how much pride acnologia is filled with and how he look down upon humans so much... Its almost like he has raised with him.. or he hhas created him.

And yes /// I liked the other theory of zeref being the human counterpart of acnologia from edolas...

matzik1212
January 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
I also like the theory of Zeref being the dragon slayer for Acnologia but i don't know if he created him . I mean he seemed kinda scared back then when the dragon appeared at Tenrou island saying that no one not even him can stop him. Maybe he, assuming that he's his dragon slayer, has some kind of link with Acnologia not exactly being his creator but something else though at the moment i have no clue. :D
Putting this matter aside i'm curious what will have to do the participants of the tournament . I have to say that i agree with Natsu here , i also wanna see a fight and not things like a race or something like that . That would be so boring and i want to see serious things. :)

Ifrit
January 13, 2012, 02:19 PM

of course he will sense his presence. This back up the idea it's his creation . He also said that the dark thoughts of HADES n co who brought it.

Acnologia did not just appear by it self. And yes it's normal for him to fear Anclogia since it's the first demon he created and couldn't control it.

For the tournament I think it's just a way to suck the magic from the strongest mages of the world. And the bad guy is the King. I think we might get a clue form the king personality next chapter.

Quantized
January 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
wut., wait, what...?

Chapter actually turned out better than I expected, although it feels a bit too fast overall (the new arc), the story is really moving forward but little important happens. It's as if the story moves in a straight line without cookies, although it still has funny moments, it's missing some details. It has a bit too much feeling of "racing" to the conclusion of the manga, rather than loving the story (writers p.o.v.)

Rated "Good", as it was good, but don't feel all that satisfied nevertheless..