PDA

View Full Version : Predictions The whitebeard pirates?

kkck
December 24, 2011, 10:07 AM
Jinbe mentioned two great changes in the new world, BB's uprising and akainu's transformation of the marines into a more powerful army. Yet, he never actually mentioned what became of the Whitebeard pirates. I think this is a very important detail considering each of their commanders is strong enough to lead a powerful crew on their own to say the least. Did they split? Did they remain together under the leadership of a new captain (marco, vista or jozu would seem to be the more likely candidates)?

Seeing how Jinbe failed to mention them and how BB seems to have taken most of their territory I get the impression that the WB pirates have split and taken their own paths. It'd be interesting if each commander made their division an individual pirate crew. What does everyone think?

UnknownMugiwara
December 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
Maybe they split up like when Fisher Tiger died and the Sun Pirates split up?

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2011, 03:07 PM
I don't want it to be this way but they could have tried to get revenge on Akainu and most of them died except for the Commanders, It's very likely that they could have run into a fight with Akainu or BlackBeard, I mean they lost their bother and their father all at once (Not to mention the others who died in battle)

Look how it's started (http://www.mangareader.net/103-17410-16/one-piece/chapter-552.html) and how it's ended (http://www.mangareader.net/103-49859-10/one-piece/chapter-580.html), they couldn't do damn thing to change what happened, in their place i'll feel like I failed My FATHER and their consciousness won't let them sleep, eat, travel, s**t ... in peace, so in two years I'm sure they tried to do something and failed ... Or Shanks took care of them in one way or another, and when I say took care of them I don't mean they joined him or something ... Although, if they have really split and each one took his own path, then perhaps some of them joined the RED HAIR Crew.

UnknownMugiwara
December 24, 2011, 06:36 PM
If they did fight Alainu and most of them died, it would probably be the less known (to us) WB pirates. While Marco, Jozu and Vista would still be alive, hopefully.

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2011, 07:21 PM
Indeed, but anger blinds you, making you more prone to make mistakes ...
And Looking at someone or Standing in front of someone that caused a lot of pain to you will make you really angry --LEADS--> Mistakes, and the last person making a mistake usually loses the fight. Anger like that can be used for a quick burst of energy, but doesn't last too much.

It's just a mere theory, actually I don't think they all died ... Some of them perhaps joined Shanks as I said in my earlier post, thinking that it's the best way to get revenge on who did that to them, others may have chosen a life entirely different ... but in the end we won't have the same Roger scenario repeated, I mean when he died the entire crew split up and end of story, the situation here is a lot different.

Kaiten
December 25, 2011, 12:13 PM
I think Jinbe's failure to mention Marco and the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates is that information was established at the beginning of the arc. With their captain gone the Whitebeard Pirates lost control of his territories, Fishman Island for example, and were no longer to exert the power and influence the crew once maintained. While many of the commanders are very powerful they are no longer powers, allowing Blackbeard to fill the power vacuum they left in the New World.

When the time comes for the Strawhats to confront Akainu, I bet former Whitebeard Pirates are involved in the arc. Marco figures to be a prominent character later on. I do not believe the entire crew was killed off scree fighting the Marines, I think they will reappear at some point.

Uriel
December 25, 2011, 10:38 PM
They're probably rogues or wandering around. Or protecting a particular island left by the old man, who knows. It's certain, that we can bet on, that we will see them again.
Marco was named by Gorosei and his roles in the war was HUGE, so it's meant to be that Luffy meets him again.

zerocooldx
December 26, 2011, 12:11 AM
I think it was kind of implied that the Whitebeard pirates had lost pretty much all of their power with WB's death. Jinbe states that BB conquered all of WB's former territories. That alone establishes the fact that the current WB pirates were and are no match for BB and his crew. My guess is that the WB pirates most likely tried to defend some of those territories and ended up losing and suffering heavy losses. I also wouldn't be surprised if BB went hunting for some of them, especially the DF users. As of right right now they are probably a very small pirate crew hiding out at some corner of the NW waiting for an opportunity to "piggyback" off of someone and get revenge on BB. Chances are that they have become irrelevant at this point in terms of the three great powers of the world.

vagabond87
December 26, 2011, 08:38 AM
And I see Jozu being killed and Shiliew with his Diamond DF power... So Zoro will prove during their fight that he can cut even diamond.
Badass beyond Imagination.
And Marco joined or will join Shanks- Red Hair invited him once already so If there is no WB pirates anymore I can picture Marco in Shanks crew.

Kaiten
December 27, 2011, 05:40 PM
While a possibility I do not see any reason to believe that any former White Beard pirates survived the war only to be killed in the New World. With so many devil fruit users in the world there is no reason, nor indication in the story, that any former White Beard crew members have been killed. And while joining Shanks is possible, it would not really move the plot forward. Most likely Marco led the White Beard pirates back to the New World where they are planning their revenge against Black Beard. They must have quite a grudge after he killed Thatch, jumped ship, turned Ace over to the Marines, and he killed White Beard at Marineford. Marco will surely come to Luffy's aid whenever the Blackbeard arc starts, and will play a role in his defeat. Marco is to strong to be someones lackey, he will likely play a role similar to Jinbe during the Fishman Island arc.

kkck
December 28, 2011, 12:13 AM
Well, marco was WB's lackey, it is not outright impossible for him to have joined some other crew. Still, he is the most likely to take the lead of the WB pirates but even then I do not quite see him fit to be the captain. I don't think that he would have the necessary implied superiority over people like jozu or vista for him to take the lead of such a crew. Jozu or vista at least would seem to be monsters among monsters, I have my doubts about them simply following after marco's lead. Even if they do, the crew has 11 other commanders and 1600 other crewmates of varying strengths, ultimately it is not a crew just about anyone could lead even if it is someone like marco. IMO the most likely scenario is that the WB pirates have little by little split and taken their own paths and what is left are simply remnants of the once great crew. I don't think it would be that strange for marco to have joined shanks crew in this particular case. Shanks had already displayed interest in him and he was grateful for his help during the war. Overall I could see him ending with shanks.

mattiaildivino
December 28, 2011, 04:09 PM
they are surely around,and they are teaming up with their commanders from the new world,under Commander Marco.they aren't bad people therefore they aren't damaging the new world as is doing teach instead. perhaps they needed a lot of time to recover or they are trying to heal jows's arm.

kkck
December 28, 2011, 08:07 PM
Who says teach is damaging the new world though? He might be an amoral asshole with no principles but I don't particularly see him acting significantly different from any other pirate for the most part. All pirates in the new world seem to be following their own little dream of conquest towards being pirate king. WB might have appeared to be more reasonable than BB but in the end, would he have hesitated to fight those who oppose him? Perhaps he wouldn't reach the same extremes as BB would but that is not to say he would not go to war over a single man or against a nation for what he would deem to be in the best interest of his crew.

5StepsAhead
December 29, 2011, 08:31 AM
Well IMO i find Marco to be a fairly level headed person. Who would wait for an opportune moment to strike although so of the other commanders might not be as level headed as he is and possible charge right after BB and may have gotten captured or killed. So this could have split up the crew, but I believe that the crew (split or no split) has command of atleast a few islands and has some kind of alliance with Shanks.

Off topic: It just occured to me that the worst possible person for BB would be a skilled strong non Df user like Shanks.

Sakazuki
January 05, 2012, 09:02 AM
Oda stated in sbs that he wants to show more about Marco’s Devil Fruit. Actually, it would be a good thing Marco joining the Red Hair Pirates and Blackbeard start a fight to get his fruit. It’ would start a war with Shanks, maybe settle a unfinished fight and show more about the phoenix ability.

McNuss
January 05, 2012, 10:23 PM
I don't think they would even consider splitting up completely. They are a family after all. I'm pretty sure that they are still in the New World, somewhere in Whitebeards ex-territory, trying to reclaim it from Blackbeard. I think Luffy will meet them at some point and assist them in getting their land back (but they will fail to defeat Blackbeard, as he is the "main villain" after all)

We can be sure that they did not try to have their revenge on Akainu. That would dishonor Whitebeards last orders. Besides that, it would be very stupid, too.

kkck
January 05, 2012, 11:26 PM
They are a family but one of pirates at that. WB was the leader of the family, the pillar that held it together. I don't think they would outright hate each other however it is indeed strange that a crew with those 14 commanders would be pushed around even by another yonko. More so, they are not even counted among the yonko anymore. Even with WB gone, that is incredibly strange if we consider the main crewmembers have remained together. The crew must have gone through hell in many levels. With WB dead, it is extremely likely that most of the territory they controlled was attacked in some form. Add in yonko trying to expand, strong new world crews seeing a chance to get influence, lowly pirates trying to make a name for themselves and finally good old BB rampaging with a crew with a bunch of people comparable to the commanders. Add in the grieving the crew must have gone through and who knows what else... I really don't see the WB being anything other but remnants of what they once were.

Seriously, even without WB a crew with those 14 commanders is a massive force, once that made the world government gather every asset they had in hand to fight them. Why would BB be able to take their position as a yonko that easily? Why would they be an unnamed force in the balance of power in the new world? Heck, we readers saw some superiority in terms of rank in the crew but I really do doubt his actual rank was any higher than that of the other commanders. Honestly, what the WB pirates lost in that war was huge.... I could easily see the strawhat pirates split up if luffy dies too (not relevant but it is a good comparison).

matzik1212
January 06, 2012, 06:05 AM
I think Marco didn't join other crew but is still leading WB pirates with some of the original crew but also with new faces that joined during those 2y . Well i'm still not sure if the others captains are still united ( most probably some have chosen to make their own crew and revenge WB and some have failed and died) but i think at least 1 or 2 captains remained in the original crew.
Marco was a guy who was completely loyal to WB , at least that's my view of him so i don't think he joined Shanks . He is strong enough to lead the WB pirates :)

Black Lagoon
January 07, 2012, 12:06 PM
I have said in the Discussion Thread that when a rookie Makes it to the New World, and sees the difference between him and the veteran pirates there, the captain may swallow his pride and join a strong pirates crew, now who's stronger than a Yonkou, and I gave the example of Rockstar who joined The Red Hair crew, that said, I think if not most of them then some of them joined Kaidou, Big Mom or Shanks. The only Yonkou I can see them not joining is the one "Behind" Their captain's death ... BLACKBEARD. IMHO

zerocooldx
January 07, 2012, 08:56 PM
I think its highly unlikely to expect the WB pirates to join up or form another crew. As Marco said when Ace first joined they were all detested misfits that finally found a home under the name of Whitebeard. Being a family is what they took pride in, they all would have gladly died bearing the name of WB. There is just way too much love, pride, and respect among the WB pirates for them to ever abandon that name. WB sacrificed himself so that they could be apart of the new age. I don't see any of them suddenly saying "What the old man did was nice, but i'm going to go off and do my own thing". If you are willing to truly give up your life, as the WB pirates were, for a name and a symbol then you usually don't abandon that after the leader is gone. If anything your connection to that name and symbol only grows because now it has that much more significance to you.

kkck
January 08, 2012, 01:38 AM
And what exactly did the name and symbol of WB represented? Pirates are by definition selfish, they were not revolutionaries giving themselves to a cause which they believed greater than themselves. The WB pirates are no exception, even during the war they were not fighting for freedom, values or the greater good. They were fighting for their own. I would argue the WB pirates were bounded mainly by WB because they genuinely cared for WB however we have never had any reason to believe that the man himself ever stood for anything which he or his crew upheld to be greater than themselves or of objective value. The WB pirates were bounded by their limitless loyalty to WB who they saw as their father but the father is gone now. Isn't it normal for children to eventually take their own path? Who in that crew could ever possibly take the role of WB? Marco was obviously WB's number one however saying he is fit to take the mantle of WB of such a gargantualy powerful crew and such territories over so many pirate crews with reasonably powerful commanders is a bit much. Marco ultimately has neither the respect, the power or the presence of WB. I don't see him becoming the father of the crew and loyalty for him is far from the same as loyalty to WB.

Ledoke
January 08, 2012, 10:24 AM
They don't need a second Whitebeard to lead them, I believe all commanders consider themselves equal so IMO it wouldn't be strange if they reformed into some sort of a democratic pirate alliance(operate individually but under WBs flag, having council meetings). That way they wouldn't be considered a Yonkou even if together their territory would be bigger than Blackbeards, normal people who read newspapers would think that they're just remnants of WB desperately trying to protect their captains legacy.

zerocooldx
January 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
And what exactly did the name and symbol of WB represented? Pirates are by definition selfish, they were not revolutionaries giving themselves to a cause which they believed greater than themselves. The WB pirates are no exception, even during the war they were not fighting for freedom, values or the greater good. They were fighting for their own. I would argue the WB pirates were bounded mainly by WB because they genuinely cared for WB however we have never had any reason to believe that the man himself ever stood for anything which he or his crew upheld to be greater than themselves or of objective value. The WB pirates were bounded by their limitless loyalty to WB who they saw as their father but the father is gone now. Isn't it normal for children to eventually take their own path? Who in that crew could ever possibly take the role of WB? Marco was obviously WB's number one however saying he is fit to take the mantle of WB of such a gargantualy powerful crew and such territories over so many pirate crews with reasonably powerful commanders is a bit much. Marco ultimately has neither the respect, the power or the presence of WB. I don't see him becoming the father of the crew and loyalty for him is far from the same as loyalty to WB.

The symbol that WB represented was clearly family, like Marco told Ace and like WB told his former crew mate. That is what their crew was comprised of, if people weren't into the family thing they had no reason to join the crew in the first place. Because it was clear that the purpose of the WB pirates was not One Piece or anything other then having a family to sail across the seas with. Their loyalty wasn't to just to WB himself, it was to the name of the WB pirates. Thats why they all came to fight for Ace, most of them even said so. You are confusing an actual family with a family of grown men. If these men didn't want to be apart of the WB family then i'm pretty sure they could have left at anytime. The same doesn't apply to real children and family. So that comparison doesn't make sense. These are grown men, they can do as they please. Yet they willingly chose to stay with WB and travel the seas as a family and fight alongside him and their crew mates. Also no one can replace WB, nor would anyone try to. There is no need for Marco to be the new "father". Only WB could fill that role. All that Marco could do now is be one of the leaders that the rest of the crew members rely upon. Which was probably his role to begin with as a Commander. So i don't see the structure of the WB pirates changing at all, the reputation and prestige will obviously change. But the structure was there to keep the crew going even if WB died. The crew is not about one man, its about the members that make up the crew.

McNuss
January 08, 2012, 05:45 PM
Pirates are by definition selfishBut not in One Piece. Look at Zorro, for example, he was ready to die fighting against Kuma on TB.

The WB pirates are no exception, even during the war they were not fighting for freedom, values or the greater good. They were fighting for their own.Actually, they were all fighting for Ace.

Razh
January 10, 2012, 04:54 AM
I think much of the allied pirates went their own way. It's hard to believe each allied captain would stay in alliance now that Whitebeard is dead. He was the man they rallied around. The fact that Blackbeard stole much of WB territory proves that WB Pirates aren't as influential as they were. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the main crew joined Shanks, like it was foreshadowed with Marco.

Still, I think Marco is now captain of the WB Pirates and that they still hold some of their territory.

5StepsAhead
January 10, 2012, 08:51 AM
I think much of the allied pirates went their own way. It's hard to believe each allied captain would stay in alliance now that Whitebeard is dead. He was the man they rallied around. The fact that Blackbeard stole much of WB territory proves that WB Pirates aren't as influential as they were. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the main crew joined Shanks, like it was foreshadowed with Marco.

Still, I think Marco is now captain of the WB Pirates and that they still hold some of their territory.

Yup I totally agree with this. I think BB was also able to take the territory so fast because
the Morale of the WB pirates had to be at an all time low and it's never a good idea to head into a battle in that kinda situation and since he knows the territory so well and has the Quake DF it should be easy to sink attacking ships and how would you deal with that it you were Marco.

BTW does anyone think that maybe Capt Kidd joined up with BB??