PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Commander In Chief Kong: What Is He Worth ?

The Red Dog
December 28, 2011, 01:52 PM
Bonsoir/Hello/Buenos dias :tem

I guess it's a bit bothering to discusse about a matter with such undisclosed details surrounded him but I'd like to have your opinion guys,after all some predictions made by the fans were proved true :p

To summons things up,that man is the true supreme commander of the Marine,above the Fleet Admiral and only second to the Gorosei,physicaly he looks tough(scar&Muscles) and very tall

The marine is one of OP's main antagonists,thus its ruler ought to be as strong as a yonku(in my opinion) and I'm always curious about a character above Akainu's rank :D I was'nt disappointed with Sengoku the Buddha with his Mythical Zoan DF Ability though there were'nt any true opportunities to gauge his power,as happy as I am about Sakazuki's promotion,I sincerely hope that he comes back one way or another

so,as an opponent what do you think is this guy Worth ? is he King Kong or the king of his desk ? lol ^^

any DF suggestion for him too pls!

Many Thanks for reading!

Oni Giri
December 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
surely he isn't an office boy. he was the fleet admiral before sengoku and if old age didn't wear him down like whitebeard, he may be one of the strongest people out there. as for his df first thing came to my mind was mythical zoan king kong but it'd be lame. what would his bonus as a mythical zoan? climbing towers? nah i dont think so. but he seems like a melee figther so i believe zoan would suit him or maybe like garp he doesn't have any df

kkck
December 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
I would disagree on him not being an office guy. Certainly at some point he was indeed a man of the field however at the moment, as the leader of all the military assets of the world government he is without a shred of a doubt a man belonging behind a desk, he is by all intents and purposes solely a decision maker. He was not even at the war.... This is not to say he is not in the same league as garp or sengoku as this guy would likely be from the same generation as those two (perhaps he is older but I would still think he is from the same generation). Kong at his prime was in all likelyhood a beast and considering he was fleet admiral at rogers time it is very likely he had his own little fights with whitebeard and roger.

tret16
December 28, 2011, 08:22 PM
i agree, this guy most definitely kicked some ass back in his day. The scars pretty much proove this. But what i disagree with is your mention of a Zoen type: king kong. That type a animal DF would be a beast ability to have. Not only would it increase his overall power, but it would also give him the ability to be faster and also fight in any type of environment. Could you imagine fighting this guy in a forest? you wouldn't stand a chance. And also he would be able to punch you with his feet. it's like have four arms. I for one hope that's exactly the type of DF he has. lol

mattiaildivino
December 29, 2011, 08:40 AM
since he was the previous fleet admiral,and now he is above sengoku,who seats at the top of the Marine,and since he was called Mega-admiral,I guess he is like the Minister of Defence,that is the representetive of the Marine among the World Government

bisha16
December 29, 2011, 11:25 AM
He sure has some real awsome powers since he was a fleet admiral in rogers and has some scares that show us that he was e real beast in his prime but now he is too old to fight thats why he didnt participate in the war but only gave orders.and i hope his DF is not a zoen type it would make him to lame.the only awsome zoen type DF was markos fenix

Ledoke
December 29, 2011, 12:58 PM
I can't imagine Kong having any other Devil Fruit than a Gorilla zoan(it's probably because he already looks like he partially transformed into a gorilla XD), after his introduction I immediately imagined him bitch slapping hight tier pirates one after another stopping for a few times to perform an epic chest-beating + roar combo xD

The Red Dog
December 29, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys

@ Oni Giri/Demon Slash:King Kong DF ?! ,I was sure it would be proposed lol it'd lame as hell,Whitebeard's age and health issues did'nt prevent him from Kicking asses ^^ so Far Oda taught us that in the OP universe,experience prevails over the rest,so Kong definitly should'nt be underrated because of his age,Rayleigh,Garp despite their advanced age are among the strongest characters....

@ kkck:Same reasons I gave to demon slash above ^^ the likely explaination for his absence at the war is that he could'nt leave Mariejoie defenseless...

@ tret16:so you opt for a zoan type ? basically it's safe to think that he posseses superhuman strenght/speed in the first place,a zoan could add further more physical strenght and agility...A logia would be more useful,A mythical zoan more awesome :) lol it's not like he had any choice lol he could have ended up the with rabbit fruit ^^

@ mattiaildivino:he was called Pan Fleet Admiral...which was a bad translation ^^ Kong's true rank is Zengun Sōsui,Commander In Chief

@ bisha16:as I stated the fact that he's an oldtimer serves him well :)

tret16
December 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
i would imagine that a King Kong zoen fruit would be a mythical one. And that's exactly my point on his orinal strength. He would already be strong as hell and fast as can be. Add in the King Kong abilities and we will see why he would be in the position that he was in back in rogers age and why he is even higher rank now and STILL in that position. We both saw how strong Sengoku is, and we haven't even seen Sengoku's true strength but yet even he couldn't last long enough to take over Kongs position. That must say a lot about him. And also i can't see any other reason why Oda would use the name Kong if he wasn't hinting on what type of fighter and DF user he was.

Sakazuki
December 30, 2011, 11:29 AM
In another forum, in another site, some guy have predicted that X Drake was Kong son because of his hair (it’s identical if you see Drake in the 2 years after time skip Supernovas). Another Marine related to a Supernova that wants the attention of one of the yonkous?

All admiral marines have an Devil Frit ability, and I would like to see him with a Mythical Zoa too, like a Dragon (what would relate him even more with Drake)

MMolch
December 30, 2011, 03:01 PM
i guess there won't be a "king kong" devil fruit (what would be next? godzilla? :D)
if he really has a zoan df -> mythical zoan type: sun wukong (monkey king)

but i cannot imagine him being part of a fight anymore ... maybe he stepped back like sengoku and garp, he will be quite old now ..

hoeru
December 30, 2011, 07:29 PM
I think Kong is still an extremely strong guy if he tolerated Aokiji and Akainu fight for the position of the Fleet Admiral.

But I can't imagine to see him in a fight outside of a flashback showing him in his prime.

the only awsome zoen type DF was markos fenix
I was actually disappointed by the phoenix abilities. Marco's able to fly and regenerate though blue fire - but beyond this there was no fighting capabilities. the giant golden buddha punching luffy out of gear 3 balloon was more awesome imo.

As for kong's possible df... i'd say a mythic zoan gorilla type would fit.

In another forum, in another site, some guy have predicted that X Drake was Kong son because of his hair (it’s identical if you see Drake in the 2 years after time skip Supernovas).
Yeah, but Luffy's hair never looked like that of neither Dragon nor Garp. So they aren't related? ;)

Razh
December 31, 2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah, but Luffy's hair never looked like that of neither Dragon nor Garp. So they aren't related? ;)

It's no rule. Some children may have similar facial characteristics and some don't need to have. He never claimed that fathers and sons have the same hair. Although, if Luffy cut his hair more, it would look exactly like Garp's, and if he let it grow, it could turn out to be just like Dragon's.

RezzieThaRapper
December 31, 2011, 10:28 PM
Kong probably has a normal zoan... Gorilla type...

That doesn't mean he can't be beasty with it...

besides the devil fruits already make you into a giant version of the animal you gain... Gorrilas are king of the jungle... They can uproot medium size trees with their body strength and that's real world badassery... now add that to Oda on a man second only to Goresei.. we can expect destruction from him...

The Red Dog
January 01, 2012, 02:35 AM
I did'nt expect that so much of you would stick with that King Kong DF theory lol ^^

I don't believe that Oda named him after king kong but I believe Kong is a chinese name,Confucius literaly "Master Kong"....I guess we should dig up that way.....

BTW Happy new year :)

Lord Rayleigh
January 02, 2012, 09:37 AM
In another forum, in another site, some guy have predicted that X Drake was Kong son because of his hair (it’s identical if you see Drake in the 2 years after time skip Supernovas).
Since when X Drake was a kid, he had a marine uniform (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111110094545/onepiece/images/8/8d/KidDrake.jpg) to play with, we can assume he comes from a marine family.

Samui
January 02, 2012, 10:12 AM
I like the idea of him having a Gorilla Zoan more than a King Kong Zoan.

kkck
January 02, 2012, 12:55 PM
IMO a king kong zoan would be remarkable. For starters, it would be a mythological zoan of sorts. Kong is a fairly large man, even if he had a normal gorilla fruit his transformation would be huge to say the least, with a mythological zoan like that he would be as large as sengoku or a giant with his transformation. If he does have a gorilla fruit I would indeed prefer the king kong fruit. Not to mention it would allow for another actual gorilla fruit (perhaps an ape model).

Uriel
January 02, 2012, 04:49 PM
And then He's a crocodile Zoan type and ruins all our fun xD

Although the idea of Gorilla Zoan Fruit is kinda awesome. I don't think it needs to have something mythological. After all we saw weird DFs that are powerful because the user made it so.

Samui
January 03, 2012, 02:16 AM
I don't see the point in a King Kong Zoan. It's just a big ass gorilla, it doesn't have any special abilities like Marco's and Sengoku's fruits do. As a Gorilla Kong will be large enough and Oda shouldn't waste a mythical Zoan on a gigantic gorilla.

kkck
January 03, 2012, 03:15 PM
Waste a mythological zoan? You make it sound as if he has a limit on those lol.

The Red Dog
January 04, 2012, 10:05 AM

A limit maybe no but the Admiral Kizaru stated that this type of DF is the Scarcest among the DF,Scarcer than Logia types I believe that's what he said,so far there are only two known.....so I think Samui's right.

Oni Giri
January 04, 2012, 01:26 PM
I don't see the point in a King Kong Zoan. It's just a big ass gorilla, it doesn't have any special abilities like Marco's and Sengoku's fruits do. As a Gorilla Kong will be large enough and Oda shouldn't waste a mythical Zoan on a gigantic gorilla.

what about ancient zoan like drake's dinosaur? it makes more sense

Samui
January 04, 2012, 01:49 PM
what about ancient zoan like drake's dinosaur? it makes more sense
King Kong isn't a prehistorical animal. So no.

Like The Red Dog told you. It was said in the manga that Mythical Zoans are even rarer than Logia. I doubt we're going to see more than two Mythical Zoans (we alreave have two - Marco and Sengoku) at best. So it's best to reserve them for more special creatures, instead of an oversized gorilla.

kkck
January 04, 2012, 02:44 PM
That does not even qualify as an argument, specially in the context of shonen manga in general and even more so in the context of the manga right now. Remember when people in the east blue talked about devil fruits? Most of them had heard of them as part of legends or not at all to say the very least. Today luffy's crew alone has 4 of them and any crew worth a damn in the manga has several of them in general. Within the context of the manga it is very likely we see people with some importance having rare and powerful fruits. Fruits in general are rare, let alone logias or mythological zoans but the strawhats right now are going to the sea where only those worth a damn who have sailed the oceans for a fairly long time can survive. Even if fruits are rare I would argue the new world is the place where most fruit users will tend to concentrate. More so, if we are talking about mythological creatures then there are nothing but thousands of sources from which oda could inspire, in this regard it would even go as far as be a waste to not take advantage of that from oda's part for the most part.

Heck, lets take a look at how shonen manga in general go about this kinda thing. Remember zabuza who was surprised that the chakra concentrated in kakashi's chidori being visible to the naked eye? He was a fucking elite shinobi with the potential to make a difference in the war due to a simple mist technique and yet given what we have seen recently fucking EVERYONE can make chakra visible. Remember how it took master roshi 50 years to perfect the kamehameha? Well, fuck him because goku, kuririn and tien mastered it on the first try. Remember how destroying a block used to be impresive in dragon ball? Well, fuck them too because by the end of the manga even the most worthless of the gang could destroy a damn planet lol. How about in bleach when we were told only elite shinigami could use shikai or defeat menos grande? Well, that is true however I would argue that is similar to how the strawhats are walking into a den of DF users (although technically they did that when they entered paradise).

The Red Dog
January 04, 2012, 05:30 PM
Remember when people in the east blue talked about devil fruits? Most of them had heard of them as part of legends or not at all to say the very least. Today luffy's crew alone has 4 of them and any crew worth a damn in the manga has several of them in general. Within the context of the manga it is very likely we see people with some importance having rare and powerful fruits. Fruits in general are rare, let alone logias or mythological zoans but the strawhats right now are going to the sea where only those worth a damn who have sailed the oceans for a fairly long time can survive. Even if fruits are rare I would argue the new world is the place where most fruit users will tend to concentrate. More so, if we are talking about mythological creatures then there are nothing but thousands of sources from which oda could inspire, in this regard it would even go as far as be a waste to not take advantage of that from oda's part for the most part.

You can't give the same credits to some Chit Chat from clueless(lol)people from Eastblue and an Admiral's statement....Kizaru Clearly know what he's talking about....
Although I understand What you mean Akira Toriyama's DB always push the borders Arc after Arc(especially the Buu Saga)this is not always the case with Eiichiro Oda's OP

you're so damn right about the mythological creatures......Yet everyone here stick with king kong :) it's not even a mythical creature but a movie star lol

kkck
January 04, 2012, 05:45 PM
What does it matter who says what? Does it really matter that much whether something of that nature was said by morgan or by an admiral or a normal person? A DF is something which under the right hands can bring about colosal amounts of destruction, it is by no means an overstatement to say a single attack from a proficient DF user can tear down a nation. WB is living proof of that, so is BB, luffy with his fruit can bring about hell and there are still a few people worth mentioning.... This is a world where snails can be used for extremely long distance communication and with newspapers, everyone knew who WB is and even in that scenario we still saw people unfamiliar with what a DF even was which is quite absurd. Kizaru merely said mythological zoans were rare, this means running into a fruit is not impossible, just improbable. Still, the new world is going to be a den of fruit users (if I recall BB went as far as to delay his ambition to get his particular yami yami no mi so as to deal specifically with ability users who he believed could put his ambition to a halt) and in all likelyhood the actual origin of DFs lies there.

Well, to be fair a such a fruit being a mythological zoan rather than a movie star zoan makes a lot more sense. Otherwise we would end up with the hito hito no mi rambo model (turns into a ripped dude with 2 ak-47 which never run out of bullets). Even then, I would think there are plenty of mythological creatures which are just larger versions of the animals they are based on.

Samui
January 05, 2012, 05:07 AM
Devil Fruits ARE rare in their world. There're only like 100 existing fruits as far as I remember. OP-verse's population should be over 100 million people, considering that in Arabasta and FI alone live 15 million people. They also have a book that tells which fruit is which, so someone like Kizaru obviously knows what he's talking about, unlike some fodder marine Captain like Morgan who barely leaves his town base. Also, DF are even rarer in East Blue. The only DF users introduced in East Blue were Luffy and Buggy, and later Alvida and Smoker.

Ledoke
January 05, 2012, 07:33 AM
They also have a book that tells which fruit is which
Yeah, and since Enies Lobby Arc we know that this book is incomplete, Kalifa and Kaku got fruits that were not described in that book.

kkck
January 05, 2012, 09:46 AM
The sbs does not say there are like one hundred of them, it says there are more than one hundred. Oda could easily add as many as he wants (even though there are about 50 known fruits).

hokageji
January 09, 2012, 05:41 PM
If Kong has Gorilla fruit, then i would love to see and drake battle...
it would be kinda like King Kong vs GodZilla....

I thought Kong was Monkey D, maybe it was a fake spoiler.....

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Actually, he could be, he has a scar under the left eye, just like all the monkeys.

nguqua
January 09, 2012, 08:11 PM
I think that commander in chief is not necessarily stronger than fleet admiral, the same as being a fleet admiral doesn't mean that he is stronger than an admiral. We can see this through the way Sengoku nominates Aojiki to be the next fleet admiral. He chose Aojiki because he trusts that Aojiki has personal convictions that are similar to his. The same may have meant for Kong. He was commander in chief not because he is stronger than garp and sengoku, but because he was the previous fleet admiral. He certainly belongs in the league of strongest people in the world though.

OdaForPresident
January 10, 2012, 08:16 AM
I'm more curious about Kong's position in the WG than the nature of his power (monkey man). Is he something like a minister of defense or is it something else? Commander in Chief would suggest a military role and commanding the entire military. Because the marines are already commanded by a Fleet Admiral and there is still a military authority above him, there must be another branche of the military. At one point, possibly at the very end of the manga, we might see the army! Imagine them having three generals who are on the same level of the admirals. Now that would be an epic war.