PDA

View Full Version : Theory Will BB have interest in chopper's fruit?

kkck
January 02, 2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v65/c650/9.html
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_20

I was thinking on whether BB would actually look for this fruit. Even though BB is already human the SBS does kinda imply a form of enlightment if a human eats this fruit. Purely theoretical but the fruit working something like captain america's formula and giving BB a perfect human body would not be that strange either. Anyways, my main point here was the enlightenment part. Intelligence, knowledge or whatever that may be is in itself a monumental asset to say the least. A human being more human might not sound as too much but knowledge to those who can use it is an immensely valuable asset so if the fruit does indeed grant that it wouldn't be so strange for BB to want to add it to his collection. It would also give him one logia, one paramecia and one zoan which is a nice combination. What does everyone think?

Oni Giri
January 02, 2012, 01:24 PM
that would be such waste. i would want this fruit to be eaten by shodai kitetsu, the best cursed sword. that would be sooo interesting.

Naruffy
January 02, 2012, 01:34 PM
It seems like a waste to me for anything other than an animal or non-human species to eat Chopper's fruit. If he was going to eat a Zoan, I'd expect it to be something to give him more power rather than intelligence, since he seems more interested in strength.

Uriel
January 02, 2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe in an human it would work like Mystique. :O

nguqua
January 03, 2012, 01:51 AM
If he was ever interested in the human zoan fruit. He would probably look toward the legendary zoan: human type that Sengoku possessing.

BlackHair
January 03, 2012, 02:27 AM
I already hated the idea of someone having two fruits, even more the three fruit idea. Regardless an ancient weapon eating the human fruit would be nice, I guess. But not BB. I can't see him eating tha either.

kkck
January 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
If he was ever interested in the human zoan fruit. He would probably look toward the legendary zoan: human type that Sengoku possessing.

Sengoku's fruit is not a human type, it is a mythological zoan budda fruit.

Razh
January 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
He's actually right. Sengoku's fruit is human zoan the same way Marco's fruit is bird zoan.
Of course, unless Buddha in One Piece world was legendary giant, then it would be giant zoan.

So, what do you think would happen if Blackbeard took Chopper's fruit? Do you think he would still be interested in drinking, eating, pillaging or becoming a pirate king? Or would he transcend all that crap, and travel the world, spreading the message of harmony and peace?

kkck
January 03, 2012, 03:23 PM
I guess I missed that part of the sbs lol.

Anyways, what I had in mind with someone eating chopper's fruit is pretty much a human with greater intelligence given what oda apparently said. I did not intend to say BB would start spreading the good news lol. I don't think being intelligent would make BB give up any of his vices or objectives (some would argue the opposite lol) but I do see the possibility of BB gaining further insight and adding more finese to his plans as a massive potential threat.

Razh
January 03, 2012, 07:15 PM
I guess I missed that part of the sbs lol.

It was in no SBS as far as I know. Just common sense. Sure, there might be some mythical zoans that can't be classified as any animal, but still, Phoenix is a bird, and Buddha was a human.

As for enlightenment, I see it as a person not only becoming smarter, but also, becoming a different person. For me, enlightenment means realizing what is important in life, and discarding all material desires. Not sure if that's the same thing Oda meant, when he wrote a human with Chopper's fruit would have become enlightened.

nguqua
January 03, 2012, 10:27 PM
It was stated in Green Book i think that it is a zoan human type. Some fan asked Oda about it and he answered.

kkck
January 03, 2012, 11:37 PM
I just thought the fruit was a god or deity fruit rather than a human fruit. The fruit as a budda fruit has indeed shown special abilities which at large a human does not actually have (say, a shockwave). What does a human budda fruit imply? Was there at some point a human with the natural non fruit ability to create shockwaves and was large enough to make a few kuma's on top of each other appear as midgets? Or maybe the fruit came before budda? Seriously, what came first, the budda or the fruit? At least to me it made more sense that there was a deity type fruit than a human with such abilities lol. Should we expect the vague possibility of a zoro zoro fruit or a sanji sanji fruit which would give the user 6 arms and 3 heads or the ability to spontaneously combust respectively?

Also, oda did say in an SBS that the fruit was human modeled, I looked it up before writing my previous post.

Uriel
January 04, 2012, 08:35 AM
I guess we won't know that until we see Vegapunk and how they're originated. In the same sense, I wonder how there is a Phoenix and if there was any creature like that in the past of that world.

BlackHair
January 07, 2012, 11:26 AM
Sengokus fruit was explained in the SBS (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_60). Honestly I thought it was a paramecia at first, not a mystical zoan fruit. Some kind of gold-skin-hardening Paramecia.

MMolch
January 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
nah, just doesn't seem right ... when the strawhats are fighting against blackbeard, maybe he will take his df, just for fun.
but i'm sure that bb will take caribous df. just a guess, i can imagine that caribou wanted to bring the fishman island treasures to him to join his crew (remember the part "maybe i'll gain bonus points with you-know-who")

kkck
January 14, 2012, 01:30 PM
I don't think BB would have an interest in his fruit..... He can already do the absorbing thing to begin with, except that perhaps BB capacity to absorb is greater. The reason for which BB is not intangible even though he is a logia is that his fruit naturally attracts everything. I don't think getting a second logia would actually solve that issue, his yami yami no mi would still prevent intangibility. Not that intangibility actually means anything in the new world. It would make more sense to go after marco's fruit who regenerates from his wounds rather than being intangible.

UnknownMugiwara
January 14, 2012, 03:16 PM
I thought the only thing that would happen if a human ate a human fruit, was that he wouldn't be able to swim? :O

hoeru
January 14, 2012, 11:14 PM
I think he can become interested in it. Maybe even for himself when he figures that it would be too dangerous for someone else to become enlightened - especially in his own crew.

I thought the only thing that would happen if a human ate a human fruit, was that he wouldn't be able to swim? :O

Nope. Oda explained in one of the SBS that in a case like this, a human would become "enlightened". (Which can be interpreted as forecast on "Buddha" Sengoku IMHO)

kkck
January 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
Well, sengoku has a buda modeled fruit so I have my doubts on chopper's fruit having a similar effect. Interestingly, maybe we could be talking about enlightenment in different contexts when it comes to different modeled human fruits. Imagine if each human fruit would result in different forms or contexts of physical, mental or spiritual enlightenment. This would explain why sengoku is able to use his abilities the way he does and be consistent with the enlightenment part oda described. Maybe we could see other deity based fruits, extremely intelligent human fruit users, physical oriented fruits and so on... Ultimately, the possibilities are limitless. I wonder if there would be an asura based fruit. Zoro already uses an azura ish thingy so a fruit revolving around this would be interesting (although disappointingly similar to what robin or that spider VA do). Or even more interestingly, could an azura fruit ever come from zoro's technique? A budda fruit had to come from somewhere and if it was based on an actual human it is not that far out there that a human fruit could eventually be based on zoro.

UnknownMugiwara
January 28, 2012, 01:30 PM
Nope. Oda explained in one of the SBS that in a case like this, a human would become "enlightened". (Which can be interpreted as forecast on "Buddha" Sengoku IMHO)

Ah, guess the Danish translation is different.