PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 266 Discussion

saladesu
January 06, 2012, 11:17 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

joshua019
January 13, 2012, 02:29 PM
Chapter is out. check it out on mangastream

jacke12
January 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Lol what a chapter I couldn't stop laughing when i saw Erza's outfit and they thought they were first man that chapter was funny still I don't see any power up

sarutobi_sensei
January 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
They are totally pissed off by those other Dragon Slayers xD Natsu and Happy have to show them who's the boss :D

Elfman, wow his arms like doubled in size! Wtf!

Their face when they decided to take the maps - it was awesome! And Erza's face when she was kicking that guy and the other guy's reaction xD

So, the creep that was watching Wendy last chapter decided to kidnap her? Omigod, I hope she's okay!

So, lets try and figure out which teams got qualified:
Team FT
Sabertooth
Lamia Scale
Blue Pegasus
Tenma
Raven Tail
2 Other that I can't really predict right now.

I'm wondering where Gajeel, Laxus and the rest of Raijinshu are. I hope they're back now.

That pumpkin was giving me a really bad vibe. Like, it's really dangerous.

But their faces when they found out they were barely able to get to the finish line, damn that was close!

meepers4982
January 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
im really happy that the preliminary match was quick, i would of been upset if it was longer but its good that it wasn't. Btw im curious about wendy, wasn't the pumpkin person who took her before??? There is definitely something strange about the competition.

Ero-Sanji
January 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
Wait a minute did Erza just pull out a dominatrix-suit?
Mashima has no limits, huh?

Always a big fan of tournaments especially when they involve other things than just pure fighting even if that's the best parts.

A pumpkin and a impish creature? Seems like a halloween themed guild is involved in this, the return of Jose... Nah.
I wonder, though, if the organisation behind this will participate or just work as a final enemy.

Though five guilds should be:
FT
Sabretooth
Lamia
Pegasus
Raven tail(seem they got legit)

I think a halloween themed group is involved as well and then two "new" guilds will appear one which we have heard of, leaving one entirely new guild, hence the name of the next chapter.

Krono
January 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
So, lets try and figure out which teams got qualified:
Team FT
Sabertooth
Lamia Scale
Blue Pegasus
Tenma
Raven Tail
2 Other that I can't really predict right now.

Tenma is Blue Pegasus. Much like Fairy Tail gets shortened to Fairies, Blue Pegasus gets shortened to Pegasus, which in Japanese is Tenma. For some reason MS wasn't translating that name for a while. Probably related to why they've got Lisanna being called Lysanna this chapter.

HaiSuShi
January 13, 2012, 03:55 PM
Totally digging Lisanna's new look:hurr

I thought the prelimary event would take longer though...
Oh well, their faces were priceless when they heard they are 8th place.
And poor Wendy...:worrybunny

sarutobi_sensei
January 13, 2012, 03:57 PM
im really happy that the preliminary match was quick, i would of been upset if it was longer but its good that it wasn't. Btw im curious about wendy, wasn't the pumpkin person who took her before??? There is definitely something strange about the competition.

I'm also happy about that. I didn't want it to go around for 2 or 3 chapters. These kind of situation should be over in 1 chapter or less :)

Tenma is Blue Pegasus. Much like Fairy Tail gets shortened to Fairies, Blue Pegasus gets shortened to Pegasus, which in Japanese is Tenma. For some reason MS wasn't translating that name for a while. Probably related to why they've got Lisanna being called Lysanna this chapter.
It is? Wow i didn't know that. I've been thinking all this time that Tenma wasn't introduced at all!

BlackHair
January 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
i don't get it. Why are FT on the 8th place, if there were just 8 Teams in total? I mean they did take out some teams on the way. Also I don't get Elfmans speech buble (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76638211/5) in panel 5. Translation mistake on MS part?

Pretty average chapter. :^_^

Krono
January 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
Wait a minute did Erza just pull out a dominatrix-suit?
Mashima has no limits, huh?

His limits thus far are nipples, Wendy's panties, and upskirt panty shots in general.

It is? Wow i didn't know that. I've been thinking all this time that Tenma wasn't introduced at all!

Yep. I bet the conversations talking about Lamia and "Tenma" make more sense now.

i don't get it. Why are FT on the 8th place, if there were just 8 Teams in total? I mean they did take out some teams on the way. Also I don't get Elfmans speech buble (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76638211/5) in panel 5. Translation mistake on MS part?

Pretty average chapter. :^_^

The point of the maze was to reduce the number of teams from 113 to 8. So some teams weren't back at their lodgings at midnight and got eliminated without making it into the maze. Others have poor labyrinth navigating skills and are still wandering, or were beaten up, had their maps stolen, etc. Leaving Fairy Tail to be the 8th team to successfully make it out of the maze, earning them the last of the 8 qualification slots.

As for Elfman's line, it's hard to say if it's an error, or just an awkward translation until a raw comes out. In the mean time, the best guess I've seen is that what Elfman was saying was that they made a mistake and spent too much time training. Leaving them to return too late for Makarov to pick any of them.

Atobe the king
January 13, 2012, 05:37 PM
Best part of the chapter was Lucy being asked if all writers have overactive imaginations, Mashima poking fun at himself a little lol? Can't complain about Erzas random fanservice outfit (lol).

BlackHair
January 13, 2012, 06:57 PM
The point of the maze was to reduce the number of teams from 113 to 8. So some teams weren't back at their lodgings at midnight and got eliminated without making it into the maze. Others have poor labyrinth navigating skills and are still wandering, or were beaten up, had their maps stolen, etc. Leaving Fairy Tail to be the 8th team to successfully make it out of the maze, earning them the last of the 8 qualification slots. I believe u didn't get my question. Let me re-ask/explain again: the pumpkin said the teams were reduced to 8 from 113. So now there should be just 8 teams in the maze, right? Now considering FT beat some teams on the way to the goal, how can they be just on 8th place? Further the pumpkin said they just made barely the 8th place.

Edit: Sry about that, I just noticed my mistake. xD :facepalm

As for Elfman's line, it's hard to say if it's an error, or just an awkward translation until a raw comes out. In the mean time, the best guess I've seen is that what Elfman was saying was that they made a mistake and spent too much time training. Leaving them to return too late for Makarov to pick any of them.Well I didn't get his second speechbuble. Was totally out of context, not that it is important or anything, just got my attention.

Anyway, about Wendy no idea. Especially since the next chapter is named "new guild". But I guess that has no connection with Wendy and Charles disappearance.

Zeltrax
January 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
@blackhair, no. there were 113 teams in the maze, the purpose of it was that the first 8 will be the one
that advances. Therefore, 113 teams were put into the maze to see who will make it to the secondary round.

I just don't like how simple and silly this preliminary round is, Mashima could do something way better.
In other shounen mangas(I don't want to compare) stuffs like this have their first preliminary round being something
really serious/creative but this is just a throw together maze or something, at least show us
the powers of the rest of the 113 guilds..they should at least be some tactics or competition instead of this..and really,
it's still bs for ft to be so strong after 7 years.

/end rant.
the only thing I like about this chapter is lisanna, Mashima better include her more often :p
so..you are able to swap team members anytime you want? That's interesting and open up a lot of possibilities.

BlackHair
January 13, 2012, 07:10 PM
@blackhair, no. there were 113 teams in the maze, the purpose of it was that the first 8 will be the one
that advances. Therefore, 113 teams were put into the maze to see who will make it to the secondary round.Ah damn, the preliminary were about reducing 113 to 8 teams. I thought out of 113 teams just 8 teams were present at 12.00. Damn baldy's speech bubble (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76638211/8) had me confused all over xD

Atobe the king
January 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
So...why post? I mean seriously....ugh.

Glad the prelims are out of the way but I'm hoping this arc isn't paced poorly...i felt that was a big issue in the S rank trials arc. Sometimes it felt like it dragged on and other encounters (like the hades fight) felt too quick.

Quantized
January 13, 2012, 08:45 PM
the "epicness" layout of the tournament all depends on what comes next, it might start this way due to something following it.
Regardless, not to found of the layout so far, nevertheless, had some small laughs from the chapter, so it was alright.

Zeltrax
January 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
Mashima don't write long arcs, I thought we're done with that by now.
When he actually does, its a serious one. Tenrou island was only longer by a bit..and I really don't think
this magical tournament will be much longer unless Mashima decided to do something big.
This is one thing I hate about ft tbh, I think ft deserves some long arc...enough to be called a "saga".

Quantized
January 13, 2012, 08:53 PM
Mashima don't write long arcs, I thought we're done with that by now.
When he actually does, its a serious one. Tenrou island was only longer by a bit..and I really don't think
this magical tournament will be much longer unless Mashima decided to do something big.
This is one thing I hate about ft tbh, I think ft deserves some long arc...enough to be called a "saga".

True... and whatever this weird dark magic is, it seems to be an introduction arc to whatever big comes after it, Zeref etc.
This actually heavily reminds me of Bleach and the fullbringer arc, yes shoot me for comparing that Bleach arc haha xD Nevertheless, both are introduction arcs / putting the reader into right perspective arcs. Well assuming this Fairy Tail arc indeed is such an arc, to early to say, but as you said, Mashima would be serious if if it was a long arc, and long arcs are generally heavily plot related.

yellowblue
January 13, 2012, 09:30 PM
Oh I love the way Erza looks with her PJs. Lucky Elfman! in here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76638211/12
Sometimes the Fairy Tail guild deserves to be the weakest. They are mean and bully.
And as always Wendy gets to be kidnapped. Seems like it is always her role lol.

crimsonlink310
January 13, 2012, 10:23 PM
Hmm so Gray had dinner with Juvia and Leon I guess but he called it boring lol. Was a bit disappointed that Hiro just skipped the tension between the 3rd gen DS and Natsu by saying they will fight in the tournament. Also the mangastream translation had Rogue say the same thing as Sting for his speech bubble.

The conversation was in the afternoon time. So what were Natsu and Lucy + Happy doing till 11 something? lol

Elfman's new look kinda scares me and makes me laugh at the same time.

Now what Erza said interests me since she is suspicious of the organization and I am too as they or Raven Tail are the ones who have possibly kidnapped Wendy. Also the pumpkin guy saying too many guilds want to participate is suspicious since you would think they want more guilds to join the competition.

When they got in the maze I dunno why Lucy and her compass spirit was acting depressed. All Erza said was thanks, maybe a missed translation?

The rest of the chapter was mostly humor and curb stomping fights.

My prediction for next chapter is maybe a few panels of Wendy and what happened to her. We will also see who the other 7 teams are that qualified before Fairy Tail. Some are kinda given like Sabertooth but there are at least 2 mysterious ones too think about. Either that or the other 2 are fodder/training opponents.

Which reminds me, till I see results I'll consider the 2nd origin powerup a failure from now on. lol Elfman is the only one on the team that got a 3 month training session.

From there the tournament will continue with a reduction to 4 guilds. Fairy Tail, Raven Tail, Sabertooth, and Lamia Scale.

ghostexiled
January 13, 2012, 11:33 PM
A reminder... please DO NOT post one liner comments!

Also if you have an opinion, elaborate on it... don't just post "This sucked" or "this was awesome".

We all can gather that much by you using the poll.

Thanks!

Ifrit
January 13, 2012, 11:52 PM
When they got in the maze I dunno why Lucy and her compass spirit was acting depressed. All Erza said was thanks, maybe a missed translation?

I'm not sure. Maybe because EAST was directed to a WALL. Or maybe Erza already know which way is east.
"Anyway it was the best scene in this chapter" Lucy's moments so far are the best.

I can see Natsu getting the evil idea of stealing every1 map, but Erza ? LOL ? now she really scares me...

There isn't much to comment on this chapter. I hope next chapter things get a little bit serious.

oniichan powaa
January 14, 2012, 04:54 AM
Much to my disappointment, the preliminary round turns to be a race. BUT, Fairy Tail had somehow or another turned it into a battle royale! :derp lol
I guess that those battles and fighting against other guilds made them late (turning 8th place).

On a side note, there is waaaay too many guilds that emerged within the 7 years that they're gone. Supposedly, there are only 10% of the people's population that can use magic, even in Earthland. How can there be so many people that are able to use magic now? Is it related to 'magic' being sucked from Edolas and poured into Earthland? (reference to Edolas arc)

The mysterious magic force that had been felt during each year's tournament is still a mystery, but I don't think that the cause is Zeref. Why would he be in the tournament while he is trying to avoid contact with other living human? Like Erza said, maybe the event organizer is behind those strange phenomenon. Someone really big (in the magic society) is behind this, and is not bound by any guild since the all guilds in Fiore are his/her target (for whatever reason). Even money doesn't seem to be a problem to them.

I believe that Wendy is not kidnapped like others said. She might be hiding (for what reason?), investigating something (plausible), or even trapped somewhere (just guessing). That sneaky-gremlin-on-the-roof in previous chapter must be responsible! :mono

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/im8y1.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/im8y1)

I was secretly hoping that there would be some fighting between Natsu and Sting/Rogue in this chapter, and something like this to appear. :teehee
But this chapter is a good read anyway. :)

MechR
January 14, 2012, 05:22 AM
I'm not sure. Maybe because EAST was directed to a WALL. Or maybe Erza already know which way is east.You know, that reminds me of another thing that bugged me while I was reading. Last week's chapter said the stadium was to the WEST of the city:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8590/02crop.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/02crop.png/)

Edit: Credits list the same translator for both chapters too (Naruhodo).

Edit2: I also see the kanji for "West" (西) in the raw...

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5646/raw3crop.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/815/raw3crop.png/)

Gonna try asking at MS's forum.

joshua019
January 14, 2012, 05:56 AM
who would kidnap wendy??? there are 4 dragon slayer in the city and she is the weakest one! may be who ever did want to know about DS or may be it is RT?

Quantized
January 14, 2012, 06:24 AM
Oh I love the way Erza looks with her PJs. Lucky Elfman! in here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76638211/12
Sometimes the Fairy Tail guild deserves to be the weakest. They are mean and bully.
And as always Wendy gets to be kidnapped. Seems like it is always her role lol.

While they bully, it's only fair, and tbh, I'd rather loose to Fairy Tail than anyone else, plenty of Guilds who don't care if you die or not. This is a serious competition, you stake your life on it... So Fairy Tail actually does weak guilds a favour... Imagine if a weak guild managed to come first (not like you need power to get first unless you have to fight, right?), and they had to fight in the top 8? It*d be likely that they die, tbh..
So is Fairy Tail doing them a favour? I think so :)

who would kidnap wendy??? there are 4 dragon slayer in the city and she is the weakest one! may be who ever did want to know about DS or may be it is RT?

I thought you said there was nothing to discuss :p
*Kidding*

Jorge D. Dragon
January 14, 2012, 06:45 AM
The chapter was good.:) Ilike how it turned into battle royal.)) Also Elfman joining the battle was funny. Actually he was considerably stronger than Wendy before the timeskip and I still think that he should be a bit stronger than her. Wendy's only reason to be their is her healing magic, but I would say the same about Lucy. Actually I would say the majority of the characters would fit better in the team. Wendy or Lisanna included.

So FT got only the 8th place for now... that's going to be interesting. For now there are two posibilities: 1. Other 7 guilds didn't fight and went directly to the finish or 2. they were too strong, overwhelmingly stronger than any other guild, thus they managed to trash other guilds and still get faster than FT to the finish. Would be interesting to see the next part of exam. I hope it will be a battle. Would be interesting to see Sabertooth fighting and also Lamia and Pegasus.:)

About the power-up. I think it really worked and worked pretty well, because Natsu and Grey were kicking everyone practically without lifting a finger. I believe they will only have to get more serious in the next round. Also as we know Mira also got there, so it would be more logical to change her with Lucy. It's obvious that she should be way stronger than Lucy even with Lucy's power-up.

And about Wendy... that's a bit dissapointing. She always got bad treatment even before timeskip, but now... if she got kidnapped by some noone just after getting a powerup... it would be really dissapointing.

Freid
January 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
I couldn't help noticing the similarity with the Chunin exams in 'Naruto', so it was predictable that fairy tail were going to arrive in 8th place. I wouldn't be surprised if we were told that sabretooth were the first to reach the goal too, àla Gaara.

I thought Mashima was going to make a bigger deal out of the preliminary round but I'm sort of happy that he didn't.

Krono
January 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
Well I didn't get his second speechbuble. Was totally out of context, not that it is important or anything, just got my attention.

Assuming his first bubble is trying to say they made a mistake and got back too late to compete, in his second bubble Elfman's moving onto lamenting that he can't compete, and stating why he wanted to compete.

I just don't like how simple and silly this preliminary round is, Mashima could do something way better.
In other shounen mangas(I don't want to compare) stuffs like this have their first preliminary round being something
really serious/creative but this is just a throw together maze or something, at least show us
the powers of the rest of the 113 guilds..they should at least be some tactics or competition instead of this..and really,
it's still bs for ft to be so strong after 7 years.

/end rant.

Stop and think about it for a moment. 113 guild teams is an impossible to manage 565 characters. 8 teams is a much more manageable, but still quite large 40 characters. Kind of a necessary whittling job. Plus, as we see this chapter, the vast majority of those 113 guild teams are fodder. Not much point in showcasing any of them, or having them provide a real struggle. Why drag things out against no names, when you can move on to more interesting stuff?

As for Fairy Tail still being this strong after 7 years, the point of Max being strong was not to say "This is the new base level of fodder in the world." rather it was to say "It's been seven years, and those so inclined can have caught up to, or surpassed the members of Fairy Tail that were in stasis." That still leaves a large number of people who will not be of great power, or haven't changed much.

so..you are able to swap team members anytime you want? That's interesting and open up a lot of possibilities.

I don't think you can swap team members anytime you want. Rather they probably don't bother with registering specific guild members, and since Elfman happened to be at the starting line while one of their planned members was not, he was able to be a last minute substitution before the start.

At a guess, because instead of being impressed by Lucy's new spirit, their reaction was essentially "Ok, so Lucy brought a compass, what next?"

yellowblue
January 14, 2012, 04:52 PM

Wendy was abducted out of her own free will unless she dropped that bag randomly because she found a better one in the park. Getting Wendy might be part of the game later on. She can be used as a leverage / blackmail to force FT contestants to do something bad / pressure them later on in the game.

Quantized
January 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
So since Mashima said in his interview that he'll round up all characters so far introduced, that means that we know many of the 8 teams already? Probably... But I hope not, I'd love to see new strong potential characters yet to be defeated rather than defeated old enemies growing stronger..

We'll see I guess :)

crimsonlink310
January 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
Ok going by all the arcs I'm gonna list all the people that have arcs to themselves but are still not finished in some cases and how they are relevant to the current or future plot.

Fodder of FT: Never really going to do much in the plot except to support the heavy hitters.

Elfman: Phantom Lord arc got him back to full power. Just going to get more powerful and be a supporting character. May have some minor plot importance.
Mirajane: Fighting Festival, pwned Freed and will continue to be an important powerhouse of FT.
Lisanna: Will have an important part to herself in the near future or possibly this arc.
Cana: Had her part in the S class exam. Her character is pretty much done.

Laxus: Needs to meet his dad and resolve some conflicts but other than that he is done.
Thunder god tribe: Mixed in with Laxus and will help him during the conflict with Raven Tail.

Crime Sorciere: Jellal and his companions will be important later on in the plotline.

Levy: Might get some focus but might not.

Gajeel: Will have a focus on his dragon when the dragon arc happens eventually.

Juvia: Not much plotwise for her. Will continue to support her Gray-sama and be hilarious thanks to Lyon.

Team Natsu (aka the most important plot characters)

Natsu: Will have an entire dragon arc for all the 1st gen DS and plus his showdown with Zeref.

Erza: Tower of Heaven wrapped up her character but she will continue to be important to the plot.

Lucy: Phantom lord arc was all about her. Will have some importance thanks to her mother's mysterious death and the 2 missing gold keys she does not have yet.

Gray: Galuna arc was all about him. Will probably have some plot points for himself later on.

Wendy: Same as Natsu when the dragon arc happens.

I might have missed some but those are the important character plots that Mashima needs to take care of in the future.

Quantized
January 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
^ would wonder about the more of the bad guys as well though, who will be in the arc? Since Mashima did say he would use many if not almost all of the old characters.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76638211/5
Seriously, is elfman on steroids or magic pumped? xD

It's just way past normal human growth even if you pumped every day as hard you possibly could and sleeped / eated well...
Well, guess there are some magic steroids... :p

kkck
January 17, 2012, 12:23 AM
ok, finally going to comment the chapter....

What up with elfman? Its like he made a steroid, protein, creatine, 450 eggs and 500 kl of steak shake and injected it straight to his muscles. I guess increasing your physical strength helps however is the increase worth a damn without a significant increase in magic? Or perhaps gerard and company visited every other FT group? I mean, they had 3 months to visit 14 people or so, it would not be strange if they actually gave everyone a boost. In turn, perhaps there are special perks for elfman for increasing his strength. If the strength of his beast takeover increases proportionally to his normal physical strength then perhaps he would have gotten a lot stronger than what we would normally think. Another matter to consider is whether elfman acquired a new beast. If he got a strong beast next to him then he would really have gone through a significant increase in power even without urtear boosting him.

Another thing is the abnormal number of guilds around nowadays. Over 100? Are there even that many mages? Well, I guess there were about as many dark guilds under the balam alliance however it is still weird that there are that many around. Actually, seeing that raven tail is currently a legitimate guild apparently, it is entirely possible that the council actually legalized a bunch of them rather than persecuting them.

ca12nag3
January 18, 2012, 07:41 AM
^ would wonder about the more of the bad guys as well though, who will be in the arc? Since Mashima did say he would use many if not almost all of the old characters.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76638211/5
Seriously, is elfman on steroids or magic pumped? xD

It's just way past normal human growth even if you pumped every day as hard you possibly could and sleeped / eated well...
Well, guess there are some magic steroids... :p

Its Muscle Cola i tell you,that stuff makes you like that :D

Krono
January 18, 2012, 10:01 AM
Another thing is the abnormal number of guilds around nowadays. Over 100? Are there even that many mages? Well, I guess there were about as many dark guilds under the balam alliance however it is still weird that there are that many around. Actually, seeing that raven tail is currently a legitimate guild apparently, it is entirely possible that the council actually legalized a bunch of them rather than persecuting them.

Actually, I'm surprised that over 100 is considered abnormally high. Fiore has a population of 17,000,000. Ten percent of the population can use magic, which brings it to 1,700,000 people in the kingdom that can use magic. If even one percent of those are working as wizards, that's 17,000 people, enough for 170 one-hundred person sized guilds.

oniichan powaa
January 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
Actually, I'm surprised that over 100 is considered abnormally high. Fiore has a population of 17,000,000. Ten percent of the population can use magic, which brings it to 1,700,000 people in the kingdom that can use magic. If even one percent of those are working as wizards, that's 17,000 people, enough for 170 one-hundred person sized guilds.

Well sir, you are correct in this calculation. But tell me where did you get the statistics for Fiore's population? I don't remember reading it anywhere :p

Going with your assumption; 170 one-hundred person guild is possible, but 7 years ago there aren't that many guilds (not calculating dark guilds) and big guilds with thousands of members may exist. Maybe the council didn't approve that many guilds before because it will be hard to govern. Why it is suddenly change now?

What makes the fact that 100 over guilds is considered abnormal is because the way magic guilds function in the society. Guilds for wizards are like guilds for merchants. Legally registered wizards need a kind of community or union where they can share intel and find jobs. That's what magic guild are there for. Even if there are a lot of guilds out there now, there aren't that many jobs/missions for wizards to take everyday. What if 170 guilds compete each other for one measly mission? The magic competition showed how desperate they are when that happened...

And also, where's the unity in having that many guilds? Maybe old guilds are split into many factions. Too many factions, too many competitors... but magic guilds are not clans! The rising number of guilds may hint a growing schism among wizards.

Krono
January 18, 2012, 10:28 AM
Well sir, you are correct in this calculation. But tell me where did you got the statistics for Fiore's population? I don't remember :p

It's in the back of one of the first manga volumes along with the first map of Fiore, and the anime stated it as part of the intro it had for a while early on.