PDA

View Full Version : Discussion A letter to Norihiro Yagi

Goral
January 09, 2012, 12:34 PM
Here is an excellent idea for a thread that chibamonster (one of the most prominent Animesuki users) has come up with 4 years ago. Source. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=1374164#post1374164)

I had a crazy idea. I have no idea if it would even work but I figured I would at least post the idea and see if it is possible.

How about a "Letter from the anime suki's claymore forum to Norihiro Yagi" composition thread? Sort of answering the question: if you were to write a letter to Yagi, what would you say? And then ... you know, send it.

I mean actually figuring out how to send him a letter, either writing one as a group or as individuals, get someone to translate (maybe even edit) it and hope like crazy for a response. Even if there isn't a response, we could tell him how awesome claymore is and encourage him (although he probably doesn't need it). It could even be a series of quotes from various users about how much they enjoy claymore. I am not sure if anyone else would be interested but I thought it might be a cool idea because I really enjoy my Claymore. If not a letter then maybe we could get an email address or something to send our thanks. People will probably have different ideas about what they want to send (if it interests them at all) so that could be part of the discussion too.
I think it's a waste that Animesuki moderators didn't allow for it's creation hence I'm posting it here hoping that we can actually write something interesting and send it to Yagi. But in order to do this we would need an address where we could send physical letter (e-mail probably wouldn't do since it would be filtered by spam filters).

Even if this will not work it might become a thread were any user could post a question he would like Yagi to answer, which could be pretty interesting in itself. If it were me I would ask of course which character he created was the strongest and why was it Teresa (;P)?

spit
January 09, 2012, 03:05 PM
i once e-mailed trailer music company - City of the Fallen

i am into trailer music and this one is one of my fav, its relatively new and besides awesome music it has awesome covers for their albums, their music is not publicly available but it gets out on filesharing sites

i told them how awesome they are, and asked them how they view when their songs are shared among fans + i asked if they dont have some hi-res covers

to my surprise they replied - although they didnt answer.. but they told me where i can find hi-res covers..

i think e-mail could work.. i wonder if people like Yagi or that company are bombarded by idiots like me or not at all...

if i should write him:
1 how awesome claymore is
2 ask how long does he wanna pruduce it
3 say that it would make lots of people happy if claymore gets out faster.. bigger prod. stuff would be nice or not?
3 to keep up the good work + wish success

FrostyMouse
January 09, 2012, 03:11 PM
Goral, while I agree with it in theory, remember that they're ostensibly very anti-scanlation, so...

Goral
January 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
Well, we wouldn't reveal this address of course just say we're fans and wanted to XYZ. More importantly, if you had a chance what question would you ask Yagi?

spit
January 11, 2012, 06:30 PM
Goral, while I agree with it in theory, remember that they're ostensibly very anti-scanlation, so...

what does that have to do with anything? i fail to see the problem

it is not like we dont buy claymroe manga, i dont have all volumes yet but i plan on having them, and i still prefer scanlations due to bigger size of picture

if i should ask him something more personal then definitely: about Teresas true strength, whether org knew it and such
and i really want to suggest him to make another extra chapters, i loved Mirias, loved Teresas even more

i desperately want to see character that are dead!
1 Teresa
wanna see her fight against 46 warriors at once or someone with super powerful technique
2 Alicia
wanna see her - that alone would satisfy me
3 Rosemary

i recently reread teresa's extra chpt only to find out Rosemary is one of the most badass characters ever
she
- awakened just to fight Teresa = determination, strong will, ambitious
- if you look at her, her face is epic, it is like Cassandra's cuteness (she has similar face) + something from Hysteria or Irene, that look.. it will haunt me forever

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6571/rosemaryo.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/rosemaryo.png/)
ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

faintsmile1992
January 12, 2012, 11:40 AM
I doubt this will happen but if it does.

1. Ask him to confirm once and for all about Nietzschean themes in Claymore.
2. Ask him if he's familiar with Germanic culture (in Iceland, warriors were expected to turn into monsters unless other warriors killed them).
3. Ask him if hes familiar with psychology and so-called personality disorders, especially the writings ofWillem H.J. Martens about psychopathy, because many of his characters are very accurate.

benelori
March 10, 2012, 02:41 PM
Well I don't know if he would appreciate pro-scanlation people to ask him questions:p...I would ask him, if there's a remote possibility that he will expand the manga and include the Draconic Tribe...for me that was the moment that just made Claymore awesome...I always love it, when the setting and the world are presented in a work of fiction...lore is great:p

claremore
March 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
I think I would ask Norihiro Yagi about Angel Densetsu, and if it had any influences with Claymore. I recommend reading Angel Densetsu to Claymore fans :)

faintsmile1992
March 13, 2012, 10:14 AM
I think I would ask Norihiro Yagi about Angel Densetsu, and if it had any influences with Claymore. I recommend reading Angel Densetsu to Claymore fans :)

I think this is quite obvious, Clare = Ikuno etc... ;)

ClaFanN1
March 16, 2012, 03:04 PM
"Norihiro Yagi sensei, Good morning, I wish you a nice day drawing (I doubt you did anything else in the last years judging the detail level of Claymore), I bet your hand has a big blob on the finger :D. Just one question: have you fired your writer? It's because the plot didn't stop falling down-hill since Pieta. Whoever you fired just bring him back, its not a problem if he was getting more famous than you, I think your drawings nowadays can match his stories ;)"

faintsmile1992
March 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
"Norihiro Yagi sensei, Good morning, I wish you a nice day drawing (I doubt you did anything else in the last years judging the detail level of Claymore), I bet your hand has a big blob on the finger :D. Just one question: have you fired your writer? It's because the plot didn't stop falling down-hill since Pieta. Whoever you fired just bring him back, its not a problem if he was getting more famous than you, I think your drawings nowadays can match his stories ;)"That isn't very nice, but I admit I preferred CM closer to the beginning.

Muk
March 28, 2012, 10:33 PM
i like this idea :awesome

i'd ask him to confirm whether irene is dead or not xD

and whether he could write another extra chapter with Teresa or Ophelia in it :D

claremore
March 30, 2012, 06:17 PM
http://www.anymanga.com/manga/angel-densetsu/005/005/032.png
If anyone did send him mail he probably appreciates it
(This was for Angel Densetsu however)

faintsmile1992
March 30, 2012, 07:09 PM
But can he read English? ;)

Goral
March 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
[cut] (This was for Angel Densetsu however)
lol
This fits perfectly with what limao (ClaFanN1) wrote :D. He doesn't even like writing that much so he draws shit first and maybe thinks later. At least it's been true for a few years now and the theory that his assistant was doing all the writing is more plausible than ever.

haegar
April 03, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'd like to hear what he thinks about anime adaptations in general, and if he wished for Claymore to be made anime or if it rather was something done like by his agents and publishers for monetary reasons.

I'd like to hear his opinion on what Madhouse did - I for my part feel that they did really great work overall that however did not capture the manga's feel 100% completely - hence I would much like to encourage him to look kindly on a second season of anime that stays closer to the manga OVA style and redoes the complete Pieta blunder and takes of from there ...

(and I do not just mean the blunder at the end; Claymore is dark and gritty, and the anime did that by displaying the grueling scenes, but in terms of visual stlye it could have been a bit grittier and go for a unique style like say Hellsing OVA - its not that I want it splatter - but , well, like the manga - the anime never felt as dramatic to me somehow even though I like it a lot)

I'd like to know if he still enjoys working on Claymore as much as in the beginning and if he does also encourage him to spend some more time with this universe he created, maybe do a mainland spinoff rather than overstretch the main story arc i.e.

And I would like to voice my dissaproval for off-panelling Renee in a manner of speaking, but I would also let him know that I forgive him cause he's awesome :cheez

pretty sure I could list a couple more but that is what comes to mind spontaneously...

faintsmile1992
April 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
I get the sense CM started off to explore philosophical themes and explore psychology, then changed tone into something more normal for a shounen manga - which is harder to pull off with monthly releases because of how the fight scenes get dragged on. It doesn't matter in Japan where the phone book sized volumes are merely adverts for tankobon, but it matters more to people who read scanslations and... never buy licensed volumes lol.

Goral
June 04, 2012, 06:59 AM
I was wondering where to put this and even considered creating separate topic for this but I think that this is the best place.

I've found an interview with Yagi Norihiro that has been translated to Chinese by TSS group (it was along with 107th chapter) and was wondering if there would be someone willing to take a look at it and present to everyone some more interesting questions and answers?

Interview with Yagi Norihiro (translated from Japanese to Chinese):

http://t.imgbox.com/aal2b5tC.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aal2b5tC) http://t.imgbox.com/aamIQFQu.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aamIQFQu) http://t.imgbox.com/aabAmmlZ.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aabAmmlZ) http://t.imgbox.com/aagkscUE.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aagkscUE) http://t.imgbox.com/aaxXSjUV.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aaxXSjUV) http://t.imgbox.com/aaodcf1j.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aaodcf1j) http://t.imgbox.com/aagW2lwV.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aagW2lwV)

Shelter
June 04, 2012, 11:55 AM
@Gooral:

I translated the first page. It's basically Yagi talking about his art.

INTERVIWER: Your first collector's edition is on sale! It's really a high quality piece of work!
YAGI: I remember thinking there wasn't so much artwork, to the point that I asked: "Has enough of the coloured sets been collected & published?" So when it was time to compile everything, there were much more artwork than I could imagine, to the point that I was quite startled.

INTERVIEWER: How did you originally work on the original drafts? They have a very unique design.
YAGI: They're basically done using oil (pastel?) colours.

INTERVIWER: That said, the paper that you use isn't normal paper either?
YAGI: Generally speaking, in order to cope with the different grids, I have to use matte or glossy paper. When it comes to watercolour (untranslateable)... if not the prints become too bumpy.

INTERVIEWER: Really then, (is) bringing out the colour in your artwork your key (of your art)?
YAGI: People have different opinions about that. This time, the feel (tone?) of the colour can't be reflected completely in the original manuscripts, (to the point that) people say, "Yes, it's different."
PUBLISHER: I wish to receive a sample from your art collection that contains the finished colour of your originals.

INTERVIEWER: Being able to see the look of your finished original artwork would be great.
YAGI: It's very faithful to the originals. (In my) older drawings, because of the printing, the originally smooth colour turned out into some unexpected, inexplicable chunky designs. Back then, people might have thought: "why is it like this?", but I wanted all my printed material to be similar. Perhaps the colour artwork was too diffused. Some of the subtle colours were not really showing.

INTERVIEWER: So all the artwork and drawings you've made have been released or will be released? That's really something to look forward to. So after you've released these 18 volumes of manga, will you be taking some time do any corrections to your art?
YAGI: No. Because all the work for the time being is finally finished. There'll only be corrections if I feel really uncomfortable about it. Which means, as far as possible, the art will not be changed.

It took longer than usual because TSS is using a very traditional Mandarin script that hasn't been used in my country for several decades already. When I have time sometime later this week I might return to tackle the rest.

Also, I took a glance through the entire thing. He only seems to be talking about Claymore on pages 3 and 7. The rest seem to be about other manga he's published.

A footnote for reference, Yagi's name in Mandarin is 八木 ("ba mu", literally eight wood), just in case anyone wants to search for more Mandarin material.

God Eye Galatea
June 04, 2012, 10:22 PM
I don't really see any question regarding the future direction of Claymore.
The interview seem to ask about Yagi sensei's life, his first manga Angel Densetsu, inspiration for Claymore, and like what Shelter said his art such as his style and influences.

Yagi said that he loves to play video games and his other hobby is reading novels.

The last question is interesting tho when the interviewer asked if Yagi sensei has anything to say to the readers.
Yagi sensei wanted the readers to dive in the manga, doesn't matter how we look at it, how we feel it, it is really up us (the readers) to interpret it and unconditionally decide what the is "the main point". He thinks that this is correct thinking way and he sees no problem in that. Since we live in the same world, then we should be able find our own interest, and if we do that, then he would be very happy.

Shiek927
June 04, 2012, 10:31 PM
The last question is interesting tho when the interviewer asked if Yagi sensei has anything to say to the readers.
Yagi sensei wanted the readers to dive in the manga, doesn't matter how we look at it, how we feel it, it is really up us (the readers) to interpret it and unconditionally decide what the is "the main point". He thinks that this is correct thinking way and he sees no problem in that. Since we live in the same world, then we should be able find our own interest, and if we do that, then he would be very happy.

Wise words indeed, it's very good that he would say something like that :)

Indeed, it doesn't matter what interpretation, theories or whatever we grow to have...we're all united by the story we love to read :).

Goral
June 04, 2012, 10:37 PM
It's because of that he's such a good troll. He knows exactly which buttons to push to create a brain-storm (or shit-storm).

faintsmile1992
June 06, 2012, 07:04 AM
He's probably interested to learn the different interpretations people have.

Goral
June 06, 2012, 10:49 PM
I knew I've seen this interview somewhere before and here it is in Japanese: http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/contents/m_int_yagi/index.html (click on 2, 3 and 4 on the side to go to the next page).

faintsmile1992
June 07, 2012, 05:18 AM
Can anyone translate it into Eigo please?

faintsmile1992
October 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
Oh yea, anyone remember to ask... how should Raki's name be written in romaji? Is he supposed to be called Rak, Roc, Lak, Lucky, Rocky...?

Utsune
February 07, 2013, 01:22 AM
I notice this thread a bit too late! the Japanese link doesn't work anymore :( but ah wells, thanks for the Chinese scans and translation, quite a lot of intriguing background information, I'll take on a bit from here. It's quite long so I'll prioritise translating the bits I personally find more interesting. I'm not much of a translator so I apologise in advance if my English becomes a bit weird m(_ _)m

Page 2 is generally about his series before Claymore (Angel Densetsu for those who know, serialised monthly from 1992-2000). Because it was a comedy, so the interviewer was asking Yagi-sensei about his thought on the contrast (compared to Claymore, which has a more serious tone.)

Page 3:
-- "Claymore" has a story line that often runs back and forth from past to present. Haven't you put in a significant amount of effort in not letting that deter the plot, as well as preventing it from disrupting the flow of the story?

Yagi: Speaking of which, let's just say in these 7, 8 years, I never thought about it like this... Can't say I haven't purposely drawn simpler panels for easy understanding, or adding meaningful scenes in order to make the story progress easier. So even when choosing on art/design that makes more of an impact, I've got to consider art that is easy to understand.

-- Making an impact yet easy to understand, just from this I already think it's amazing. But I guess when it comes to laying out the plot, you're probably going for the 'easy to understand' aspect, right?

Yagi: Yeah, though I never consciously thought about this when drawing. Thinking back now, I might have considered a bit. But whether the readers like it or not, that depends on the person. I think there're probably bound to be people who still find it hard to understand.

Editor: Well I think the storyboard is easy to understand.

Yagi: About the storyboard, there certainly has been major effort put into constructing it.

-- As you've mentioned before, you've had to edit it quite a number of times in order to get that easy-to-understand effect, right?

Yagi: During the designing phase, I already have in mind whether it is easy to understand or not. After that, I'll make whatever improvements possible, so that every time I reread it, I can still feel immersed into the story.

-- That surprise and excitement you get when flicking through the pages is pretty amazing, too.

Yagi: The first editor for "Claymore" is praised for exactly that. He's very skillful in designing the pages (specifically the flipping of the pages) and double-pages. The double-pages for "Angel Densetu" doesn't have this 'shocking' effect, although there still are a few around, for example the special double-page portrait for the protagonist Kitano (laughs).

-- How do you find the action scenes? From an overview, there are a lot of these all over "Claymore."

Yagi: From the very beginning I love action scenes. Drawing the action makes me feel really happy. Even though "Angel Densetu" is a comedy manga, there're surprisingly a lot of action. Action x comedy, I really like this kinda style.

-- Ah I see, rich in story and rich in action, very powerful.

Page 4:
-- "Story is life," which means instead of overly caught up in the art, maybe...

Yagi: Indeed, you can't overly constrain to drawing.

-- Oh this is surprising.

Yagi: Rather than delibrately perfecting the art, I'd go for giving my all to generate the intense desire to finish this series for the readers.

-- Looking at elaborate series, don't you have that feeling of 'Maybe I should have drawn like this?'

Yagi: Hmm... I'm not too sure either. When I started drawing, I didn't have a set goal art-wise. But as the story progresses, the style of art will form the world in my mind.

-- I see. So for say, you're describing a different world, maybe the art style will then be completely different?

Yagi: Surprisingly, the drawing itself doesn't change so much. For example, some people say, if you look at volume 1 of "Angel Densetu" now, it feels horribly bad. But if you try reading the bound volume (remix edition 2007) from the beginning, the feeling is different. It's simply a case of the author accumulating experience, and thus drawing art and effects that are more easily acceptable by readers. In actuality, there isn't much difference between the two.

(TL/N: If the above doesn't really make sense, it's because I don't fully get what he's trying to say lol)

-- The latter part of "Angel Densetu" is also the same, the scecnes look very elaborate.

Yagi: Yeah. Had a good assistant, the background and what not gradually became more realistic.

-- How long does the drawing take you?

Yagi: It depends. Usually about two weeks.

-- Do you do the same sort of things during that time?

Yagi: Yeah, it has been like that recently. I'm now trying to colour in with Mac, but it hasn't been too successful. The book cover fold-in* for the "Angel Densetu" Volumes is exactly drawn with CG. Although I quite like doing it this way, the result is never satisfying. So for now my main tool of trade is still with a pen/pencil. Though for my next work, I'm still open to whatever methods of drawing.

-- When you draw, do you draw right til the end without hesitation?

Yagi: No, I hesitate very much. I don't know much tricks for drawing, so it has always been very exhausting.

-- Do you feel lost even accumulating so much experience?

Yagi: Mmm speaking of which, it isn't something happy to talk about. Although I did hope how nice it would be to become much more fluent in drawing, it still isn't easy at all even until now... Always wonder whether if people's taste/standard is becoming higher and higher, or if it's me who hasn't improved much.

-- What! You really think that?

Yagi: Compared to standards, I think experience is more important, because it's something you accumulate little by little. So if you'd allow me to say, I really admire good artists. I think, of all the mangaka... there are full of awesome people, very amazing.

-- So Sensei, who do you think are the good artists?

Yagi: For example, I think those who serialise in weekly magazines and have yet to make mistakes are very good, very awesome. I serialise in monthly mags but I still have to spend extensive time in order to make very sure to not make too many mistakes... If I were to go into weekly, I'd totally fail miserably, in designs, sketches, probably everything there is.

-- Yeah, manga takes time.

Yagi: Especially, how should I say it... Even though there are times I've gotta rely on instincts to draw better, but relying on instincts is far from enough.

*fold-in: I made the term up, not sure if a word for it exists already. Basically the bit of the book cover of the tankoubon when it folds inwards, and there's a block of introductory text as well as a small character image.

Page 5: Past of Yagi-sensei, his childhood, education, job after graduating, meeting people.

Page 6: Continue from Page 5. Also talks of his first few pieces of work, and also inspiration for the change of art style.

Page 7: Yagi likes playing video games, and sometimes he plays action games with his assistants during their break after lunch. Video games act as a pressure-relief. He likes reaing manga. But his mind runs wild with ideas for his own work when reading novels, so he never really finishes a novel.

-- Finally, please give a few words to your readers...

Yagi: Nothing special to say in particular (laughs) Everything I want to say has been drawn into the manga, no matter how you read it, no matter how you feel it, the revelation is all up to you. Even if people say "This is what the manga is about!" in something seemingly completely meaningless, I would still think this is the correct approach, and not a problem at all. For everyone to be able to find their own piece of enjoyment in the same world, I, too, will feel really really happy.

Edit: Btw Page 1 is already been kindly translated by Shelter up there↑ :)

Goral
February 07, 2013, 03:01 AM
Thank you Utsune for translating this :).

I think that's the problem - Yagi feels it's necessary to dumb down the story so that people would understand it. I don't remember such hand-holding in earlier chapters. E.g. in the newest chapter (135) he wasted 15.5 pages on a scene we knew only to show to even retards that it's important. Which most people I think knew from chapter 23 and it would suffice if he would do it in 2 pages. His priority seems to be to make the story easy to understand and that way now we have Dr. Deneve or Miria or Rubel/Dae explaining things in a heavy-handed way again so that retards could understand what's going on. This makes it like any other shounen which it wasn't when Clare was in the center. I would prefer if he would present the story he would find interesting and understandable and not AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Also, I thought he was doing all the work himself, without any assistants. In that case his artwork is worse than I thought, 30 pages per month that look worse than your average Gintama chapter (not to mention the plot).

Utsune
February 07, 2013, 04:22 AM
Thank you Utsune for translating this :).

I think that's the problem - Yagi feels it's necessary to dumb down the story so that people would understand it. I don't remember such hand-holding in earlier chapters. E.g. in the newest chapter (135) he wasted 15.5 pages on a scene we knew only to show to even retards that it's important. Which most people I think knew from chapter 23 and it would suffice if he would do it in 2 pages. His priority seems to be to make the story easy to understand and that way now we have Dr. Deneve or Miria or Rubel/Dae explaining things in a heavy-handed way again so that retards could understand what's going on. This makes it like any other shounen which it wasn't when Clare was in the center. I would prefer if he would present the story he would find interesting and understandable and not AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Also, I thought he was doing all the work himself, without any assistants. In that case his artwork is worse than I thought, 30 pages per month that look worse than your average Gintama chapter (not to mention the plot).

Welcome :)

To be fair, the authors of the big names such as Naruto, One Piece and the likes, although serialising weekly, probably have three times the number of assistants, and as Yagi himself admits, they are extremely talented. Honestly I'd say Yagi's art is under average for your monthly mangaka. But the weekly ones I'd say are in general on a different level and comparison is not too meaningful. In case of Yagi, I think he has immensely improved from his previous work lol.

Plot-wise, I really do understand your frustration, or actually a number of us here may feel somewhat similar. In fact this doesn't just apply to Claymore. Time and time again we just want the plot to move on, want new information, and see what happen next. On the other hand, I wouldn't say the plot stays motionless for nothing. Like the recent chapter 135, the background provided is solid and has enough pages to make a decent-enough emotional connection with Priscilla, also while putting forward a number of implications with her 'father' streaming down tears as 'he' eats, at the same time drawing enough panels leading up to that point in order to generate an impact on the reader. I think the one important difference between manga and anime is that, reading manga means you can set your own pace. The action between the panels is kinda like the saying, 'reading between the lines.' It is where one's imagination will fill the gaps from panel to panel, in order to result in a 'cinematic' experience. I think the moment leading up to where Pris is implied to have killed her own father is a very good example of good panel-planning to bring out her emotions. (I do however agree that this is a compulsory set of skills for mangaka, but it is exactly this thought which makes the typical chapter 'underrated.') Whereas if you want a face pace, you can just zoom through pages and pages when the tankoubon comes out. Goes without saying, there isn't a right or wrong way of reading manga, and although Yagi has kindly said that you may read it in whatever way you want to and it still is good, I still feel that there is a significant intention by Yagi when drawing a Claymore chapter which shouldn't be undermined.

As a stand-alone chapter, the amount of new information presented isn't even close to satisfying, but as a tankoubon, I'd definitely be buying it because the whole story-telling isn't just this one chapter alone. Some chapters may be action, some may be build-up, some are casual fillers that might not mean anything on its own, but looking at it together when the tankoubon comes out may serve as lowering the intensity of the mood. On a macroscopic scale, it's just as beautiful as an artwork if you look at it on the whole. Personally I can really tell that Yagi loves his world of Claymore, and has gone into depths into elaborating the scenes while making it easily understandable.

Last but not least, the point's probably obvious but, from experience, readers of shounen manga magazines can be really really young ('cos I was buying them since 7 myself lol.) Of course Yagi probably isn't drawing for the really young ones, but my point is there will be relatively younger readers who may not understand unspoken implications of certain plot elements. Yagi himself knows he's pulling a compromise here really, sacrificing the enjoyment of the more quick-to-understanding of us, in order to make sure most of his readers know what exactly is going on, and it's only fair.

I may sound like I'm ass-kissing him and I may as well am, but I'm also defending, in general, manga with what some people feel to be a slow plot or the likes.

Sorry for posting something quite unrelated to the thread title, just making a bit of a reply that turns out to be quite long (><;)

Whirlzap
February 09, 2013, 11:15 PM
I would most certainly, without a moment's doubt or hesitation, immediately type that letter up and slam that send button with only one burning question;

Why can't you produce Claymore chapters faster fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Allmypain

Utsune
February 15, 2013, 12:40 PM
I would most certainly, without a moment's doubt or hesitation, immediately type that letter up and slam that send button with only one burning question;

Why can't you produce Claymore chapters faster fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Allmypain

Ahhahaha. Preferably daily if possible :P That's what I'd like.
He did kinda admit the reason though, that he's not skilled enough to do so:
http://imgbox.com/aagkscUE
Second to last question, which has also been buried in a sea of translation in my post↑ hahahaa.

---------- Post added February 15, 2013 at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was February 10, 2013 at 07:24 AM ----------

Oh yeah, on another note, I actually forgot to say what kinda questions I would like to asking Yagi-sensei haha, in response to this thread.

1) If Clare had a nickname, what would you give her?

2) The passage of time is damn hard to tell. Takes me quite a while to notice a few months have actually passed from one page to the next, and in the end I ain't even sure of that lol. Could you release a comprehensive timeline sorta thing in your next databook? :P

thesilverking
September 30, 2013, 08:23 PM
I had been looking at all kinds of websites and waswondering is there going to be a continuous manga after the last one(142). I would hope so to see Priscilla die lol. I cantvwait. Furthermore i noticed that it doesnt give a clear indication if isley is dead on not it just says the end of isley? With a question mark. Lol fingers crossed hope he is still alive and hopefully you can continue making claymore to the end.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Another thing. Lets kills Priscilla off already they made her 2 powerful lmao.

Irene
April 02, 2014, 09:52 AM
I doubt this will happen but if it does.

1. Ask him to confirm once and for all about Nietzschean themes in Claymore.
2. Ask him if he's familiar with Germanic culture (in Iceland, warriors were expected to turn into monsters unless other warriors killed them).
3. Ask him if hes familiar with psychology and so-called personality disorders, especially the writings ofWillem H.J. Martens about psychopathy, because many of his characters are very accurate.

I read almost the complete works of Nietzsche a few years ago, and I've seen your posts about this. I honestly don't see indications in Claymore that Yagi was inspired by him in writing Claymore. It's easy to read that into a series that is dark fantasy, though.

I have some insight on some of the cultural aspects in Claymore, and think I know the cultural origin of the yomas. That's a topic for another thread, though.