PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Sanji's manly moment and Oda's plans for him.

Zmsp
January 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
Well, considering everything that's happened so far, do you think Sanji will have a badass moment like Zoro did back in Thriller Bark? That was,hands down, one of the most badass moments we've seen in One Piece so far, and I kinda wondered if Sanji will ever get some love by Oda and have one of those moments to win over the crowd. I know he's mostely a character who serves as comical relief,but I've always been a fan of his and hoped for one of those moments to happen to him, he is usually ignored by the girls in the crew,at least regarding his devotion for them, but will he ever have one of those moments when he sacrifices himself for the sake of someone else,perhaps one of the girls?

If you're also a fan of Sanji,describe his manly moment and give him a bit of time in the spotlight,time that he hasnt had so far.

Ledoke
January 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
Manly moment? Like during skypiea arc when he sacrificed himself to save Nami and Usopp(1 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v30/c284/12.html) 2 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v30/c284/15.html))?

kkck
January 10, 2012, 01:36 PM
Sanji is hardly ignored by oda and even though there is some comedic relieve around him he is hardly a character "mostly" about that. He is the third strongest of the crew and has had a fight dedicated to him every arc (unlike franky, brook, nami, ussop robin or chopper who kinda mix it around a bit). Heck, the stuff he did in the alabasta and water seven arcs set the tones for the entire arcs lol. Zoro has shown badass moments several times but he has never displayed the sheer brilliance sanji displayed in either of those arcs.

Naruffy
January 10, 2012, 02:05 PM
Sanji is my favourite One Piece character aside from Luffy, so I enjoy the moments he has. I don't think he necessarily needs a moment like Zoro's though because he has saved the entire crew on 2 occasions (like kkck said). Not to mention that he was just as ready/willing as Zoro to sacrifice himself. I wouldn't take Nami or Robin not paying attention to him/not responding to his advances too seriously, since it's all for comic relief and One Piece will have no romance. He's the 3rd most popular character behind Zoro and Luffy right? so of course he'll get his moments to shine.

Dylan21
January 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
Sanji already got many manly moment, but i don't think you should compare them to Zoro's . Zoro is a complete fighter, he has no job on the ship other than fighting so he got more shining moments and figths than Sanji.
Sanji on the other hand show us to be more clever in a lot of situations (like they say in the other posts) and it's part of the charater to stay behind and always being underrated by his enemies.

But it's true that Oda like to torture him and make fun on him(Wanted Poster, photo, Duval, Morimo island etc...).

What i dislike most is that Oda is turning him into a complete pervert. At first, one of Sanji's true strenght(and one of the main reason i like him) was his chivalry and how he was always sweet to women especially Nami(he was already a bit pervert)...... but now? Oda turn him into the classic manga Pervert stereotype. And he lose a lot of points for me

Naruffy
January 10, 2012, 04:13 PM
What i dislike most is that Oda is turning him into a complete pervert. At first, one of Sanji's true strenght(and one of the main reason i like him) was his chivalry and how he was always sweet to women especially Nami(he was already a bit pervert)...... but now? Oda turn him into the classic manga Pervert stereotype. And he lose a lot of points for me

He didn't turn into a complete perv. All he saw where trannys for 2 years so after coming back he was more susceptible to real women, then he saw Shirahoshi and he was "cured" I think people ignore this too much. He had a bunch of nosebleeds at the beginning of the arc but the hasn't happened any more, it was simply Sanji adjusting to seeing real women again, not him turning into a permanent perv that gets a nosebleed every time he sees a good looking woman.

Zmsp
January 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
Manly moment? Like during skypiea arc when he sacrificed himself to save Nami and Usopp(1 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v30/c284/12.html) 2 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v30/c284/15.html))?

While I do understand where you're coming from, that's hardly comparable to Zoro who pretty much had 1 or 2 chapters dedicated to his awesomeness.

And perhaps I didnt explain myself well enough, I wasnt trying to say he was ignored by Oda, it's precisely the fact that it seems a bit unfair that for someone who is THAT important to the crew in terms of fighting,and precisely because he has shown such brilliance in some of the arcs, he isnt taken seriously enough in terms of overall importance to the crew. He is supposed to have a rivalry with Zoro in terms of fighting power, has been so decisive in battles,and overall his character is mostly used to make us laugh, while Zoro,on the other hand, has had both that loyalty test and even during the Enies Lobby arc when he stated that he would not take Usopp back without a proper excuse, proving the importance of his character for the whole SH management and overall leadership.

What I'm trying to do is not point out the difference betweem the characters,cause they were built for different porpuses, but show some disaproval to the way his character influences the overall plot when he is such an important asset to the crew ( in terms of overall fighting ability,wich is pretty relevant considering there's so many confrontations).

kkck
January 10, 2012, 05:57 PM
I never felt sanji has been treated in any such way as what you are implying right now. Obviously there is some comedic relieve around him however that does not mean he is not getting the treatment he deserves. Now, zoro is in fact the crew's number 2 and nothing will change that at any point(I kinda got the impression that your problem was with sanji not being the crew's number 2).

xeteboi
January 11, 2012, 08:24 AM
What im feeling for Sanji is Oda was trolling him:) Though the situation for him(pervy acts) argues what he had experienced at the Okamas but i guess it is exaggerated a bit, cause its getting boring having those nosebleeds(yes it was funny before) but seeing that every time he sees a hot chick, yes it is boring.. maybe Oda should try to give some changes for his character..

Zmsp
January 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
I never felt sanji has been treated in any such way as what you are implying right now. Obviously there is some comedic relieve around him however that does not mean he is not getting the treatment he deserves. Now, zoro is in fact the crew's number 2 and nothing will change that at any point(I kinda got the impression that your problem was with sanji not being the crew's number 2).

Well not rly a problem for me, there's always a hierarchy in teams, perhaps I am only a bit unhappy with the fact that Sanji's comic relieve is the only thing that has been focused on lately, while I found that rather insufficient for the crew's 3rd strongest person. It seems not to bother most people, while some share my opinion of too much trolling around his character,which is beggining to look less significant to the crew (that's my personal opinion).

Razh
January 14, 2012, 06:27 AM
He'll eventually turn back to how he was, probably. The man spent like a year and a half with dudes and now he's around mermaids and shit. Totally opposite situations.

I think he had plenty of manly/cool moments. Do you remember Mr. Prince? When he disposed of Unluckies. I always wanted Sanji to meet Crocodile and intriduce himself as Mr. Prince. I think Crocodile's face would turn into one big blood vein.

Then there's him sacrificing himself to save Usopp and Nami. Do you remember how he thanked Enel for lighting his cigarette after he fried him with lightning? Sanji - Thanks, i needed the light.

Then there's that time he could have kicked the shit out of Kalifa, but kept pulling his kicks. Tell me he wasn't awesome there.

Then on Thriller Bark when he wanted to sacrifice himself instead of Zoro. Not sure what would happen if he tired to endure the same, but he didn't care.

k-dom
February 04, 2012, 03:01 AM
I think Sanji will always be the guy in the shadow. The one who does always the decisive decisions in the right time but will never be under the spotlight. Oda has cursed him as one of the unluckiest guy ever and i guess it will stay that way

Regino
February 05, 2012, 01:01 PM
He saved the whole crew at Enies Lobby (closing the gate of justice), but he has done this "his" way... for me it was "manly" enough :)

Metadeth
February 05, 2012, 01:17 PM
No matter what, Sanji will always be below Zoro in attention and badassery. He has faced very few, if any, handicaps in fights, unlike Zoro, who has some every arc. Not only how he often appears to be the guy acting in the shadow, (Alabasta, Water 7, Enies Lobby), I think that his womanizer attitude prevents him from reaching the badass mark that Zoro did. Plus, Zoro is an unofficial first mate of the crew, while nothing has been stirred up by the fans for Sanji.

Just look at the final lines they said in their fights in the Fishman Island Arc, Zoro stomps for obvious reasons

Sanji @ Wadatsumi: When preparing blowfish ... you've got to be careful to remove the poisonous parts
Zoro @ Hyouzou: I thought you were a frog ... at the bottom of a well (idiom)

Schabrak
February 06, 2012, 03:08 PM
Oda turn him into the classic manga Pervert stereotype. And he lose a lot of points for me
I agree Oda giving the total ecchi situations was a bit much, but now he's accomplished the dream of every perv http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5919/hacken.png, to see the most beautiful woman, Shirahoshi[opnions may differ hehe], he can concentrate on some more action and some more strategical moments as in the past. He's already without Luffy and Zoro on the ship, let's see what Oda has in petto.

Gats
February 06, 2012, 03:34 PM
I think it's for the best if people keep underestimating him. For me it's part of his badassery. I mean, whenever they fought strong crew/opponents, he was always the "no name" guy, he doesn't even have a proper Wanted Poster, he is just the cook, then he fuckingly surprises them all the time, showing how a monster he truly is (and yet)...To the point he never was in a real critical situation like Zoro or Luffy in his 1vs1 fights. It's like he has still yet to show his real strength. He is like the black swan, he is the unexpected.

Even during the last arc, he had no spotlight until the real fight (he wasn't in the palace when trouble started etc).

Guys above said everything about the Mermaid's island issue. He went from his personal last level of Hell to Ultimate Paradise, that's too much to take.

Uriel
February 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
His main strength is not being expected. That's his badassery. Although I do agree that after the timeskip we haven't seen badass moments of him. I'm expecting them now, though.

hoeru
March 28, 2012, 10:01 PM
So... Now being stuck in Nami's body since last week, I'm curious how Oda will turn that again into actually trolling Sanji big time. I guess he'll have an melée of his inner perv to do nasty things to her, or "just" take a look to what seems to be his -er- hers and his inner gentleman not to harm Nami's body whatever may happen.

Shinobuden
March 28, 2012, 11:03 PM
So... Now being stuck in Nami's body since last week, I'm curious how Oda will turn that again into actually trolling Sanji big time. I guess he'll have an melée of his inner perv to do nasty things to her, or "just" take a look to what seems to be his -er- hers and his inner gentleman not to harm Nami's body whatever may happen.

I think he'll be more conflicted with the fact he can't do nasty things to her in his own body. I can't see him caring about that at this point though, he now has her in his grasp. Quite literally. He was more than willing to gamble his own life to merely look at Shirahoshi during the last arc so I don't think he'll care much about the reprecussions of his actions in the aftermath either.

It would be interesting to see him resist his urges out of respect for Nami though.