PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Potential of Devil Fruit user

dachef
January 14, 2012, 09:41 AM
Well I´ve been thinking for quite some time now, what "potential" lures inside some DF we have seen so. Just like Crocodile was saying that the more you train your DF the more you can use it.
We have seen some examples of usage that wouldnt come to mind at first, for example Luffy Gear abilitys. Who would have thought, that he can increase the blood preassure inside his rubber body?
Another example would be Chopper: as far as we know, Zoan-user can transform in three types (human, animal, half-half), but Chopper is now able to transform into 6 styles without using a Rumbleball.
So I thought if all Zoan user are able to transform into 6 forms. At the war, we saw Marco only transform into the 3 main forms but i consider him one of the strongest Zoan-users out there so I hope he can transform in more forms.
Another great potential lays within Smokers fruit. He can dematerialize his body and cover the whole field with smoke of fog, or even create clouds and let it rain. Also he should be able to rob the enemy from oxygen and also rob flames of oxygen (could come in handy if he fights Akainu one day).

So that´s what I think I hope you have some creative thoughts as well!

hoeru
January 14, 2012, 11:24 PM
Another great potential lays within Smokers fruit. He can dematerialize his body and cover the whole field with smoke of fog, or even create clouds and let it rain. Also he should be able to rob the enemy from oxygen and also rob flames of oxygen (could come in handy if he fights Akainu one day).

Neither creating clouds nor letting it rain are parts of Smoker's abilities. "Moku" means "Smoke", and his smoke was held back easily by Ace's flame back in Arabasta. (Ace didn't break a sweat stopping Smokers White Blow...)

I think Brook's yomi ability became the most interesting ability after the time skip for me as representation of a fruit's potential... Damn, HE'S A FRICKING GHOST(!!!) and boosts his fencing with the cold of the underworld. Can't wait to see more of it or even further development (like seizure of other bodies).

dachef
January 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
Neither creating clouds nor letting it rain are parts of Smoker's abilities. "Moku" means "Smoke", and his smoke was held back easily by Ace's flame back in Arabasta. (Ace didn't break a sweat stopping Smokers White Blow...).

For the Ace vs Smoker part: thats why I mean it as a possiblity that rest within the DF (he couldnt do it at that time)
and for the rain part: Smoke consist of small dust particles and clouds consists of water from the air. now when water form air comes in contact with condensation particles (like dust) it will become liquid and form a cloud => a cloud appears and it can rain

PS: I´m looking forwart to see the future of Brook too!

kkck
January 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
I would think brook will eventually be able to posses others and objects. It seems like a natural development of his ability lol. It would be interesting if he could posses others and use their abilities lol. Of course, possesing others with DF could present problems in itself as it would imply 2 DF in one body.

Airgrimes
January 10, 2013, 02:11 PM
This is a good point.
I reckon when Oda had Crocodile say depending on how if train your DF makes your DF ability stronger.
Imo, Enel is one of the greatest examples of training your DF. He was using it to pick up far away sounds.
Restarting his heartbeat, Powering an airship, pretty much teleportation, I could go on and on

Then we have Miss Valentine with the weight Fruit who should have been so much stronger. She should have been able to make herself light so she can effortlessly dodge, and then heavy again, she should have learned any martial art to go with the ability.
She should have been able change the weight of her punches and kicks etc.

Feline
January 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
This is a good point.
I reckon when Oda had Crocodile say depending on how if train your DF makes your DF ability stronger.
Imo, Enel is one of the greatest examples of training your DF. He was using it to pick up far away sounds.
Restarting his heartbeat, Power vehicles, pretty much teleportation, I could go on and on

Then we have Miss Valentine with the weight Fruit who should have been so much stronger. She should have been able to make herself light so she can effortlessly dodge, and then heavy again, she should have learned any martial art to go with the ability.

Imagine a drop kick of 100 tons. :derp

And also, is there a logia user who transform himself in like a giant monster made from his element? Oh wait. Ceasar did. But i would love to see Crocodile pull something like that of.

Razh
January 10, 2013, 05:35 PM

It's too bad she wasn't a part of CP9. She would be devastating. I feel like an awesome fruit was wasted and I think I'll never get over it...

Before BB got a boring quake power up, I was thinking of the ways in which he could use his darkness logia. Theoretically, he could increase or decrease his mass and do the same thing Miss Valentine did. Or maybe even shoot dark projectiles. Even though it's a hax fruit, being able to just use black holes and dark vortexes seem a little limitating. There has to be more than that.

Lately I was thinking about Aokiji. Monet's snow fruit seems shitty compared to his ice fruit. Snow is made out of tiny ice crystals. With enough control, he should be able to do cope everything Monet could do.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

And also, is there a logia user who transform himself in like a giant monster made from his element? Oh wait. Ceasar did. But i would love to see Crocodile pull something like that of.

I think each of them, aside from Blackbeard should be able to do it. Hell, Monet did it and she's not excatly at a pinnacle of logia user's ability. Question is, how useful would it be against tough opponents, people who can use Haki. Essentialy you only make yourself a bigger target.

Feline
January 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
During a battle with lots of footsoldiers (marineford war for example) one could be awesome as fuck using this kind of technique.

0Xellos
January 11, 2013, 12:35 PM

Enel did, also (leading to Luffy punching him :D).

Drachen
January 23, 2013, 08:45 AM
I reread Chapter 508 and was wondering how Capone Bege could enhance his abilities.
Stocking up the people inside? Or maybe let people shrink in a certain area like laws room?
or decrease the impact of attacks when they hit him?

Zehahaha
January 24, 2013, 03:53 PM
I fail to see how Brook's fruit is haxx, you can still harm him by breaking his bones, the only good thing is boosting his sword honestly

@ Razh
Actually, Mr 5's DF is the greatest waste ever, imagine Rob Lucci with that power, or any close range fighter... Holy shit, that would be freakin dangerous. Strong Punch + Explosion, that's a dangerous combo if you ask me

kulugo
January 24, 2013, 11:46 PM
^ well maybe in the future he could ditch his skeleton body (if it gets destroyed or something) and he would still be alive. just like a ghost.

Ninja_Pirate
January 25, 2013, 04:58 AM
I fail to see how Brook's fruit is haxx, you can still harm him by breaking his bones, the only good thing is boosting his sword honestly

May be it is not for now... but it could be... His DF (spirits energy) clearly gives his bone structure strength to perform all tasks for which muscles are needed with a light body and agility.. We never know if it will be limited to his bones only... Also with his ghost form may be not a living person (as it already has a spirit) but he can always get into a dead body or an unconscious body to use its power... I wonder what will happen to him if Water will be poured on his ghost... Instant death ?? Because existence of his ghost itself is because of DF power...

Even Bon clay's DF is amazing.. he can use anyone s body ... If he touches a giant face and then turns into giant... A giant doing okama kempo...

Airgrimes
January 25, 2013, 11:52 AM

@ Razh
Actually, Mr 5's DF is the greatest waste ever, imagine Rob Lucci with that power, or any close range fighter... Holy shit, that would be freakin dangerous. Strong Punch + Explosion, that's a dangerous combo if you ask me

I completely agree with people overrating Brook's Yomi Yomi no Mi.
But Mr. 5's fruit over Miss Valentine's Weight Weight Fruit?
Wasn't it limited to the boogers from his nose? I don't remember his powers too well since he did suck after all.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Even Bon clay's DF is amazing.. he can use anyone s body ... If he touches a giant face and then turns into giant... A giant doing okama kempo...
Oda then shat on Bon Clay's fruit when he made the character Chameleon. It's a canon character as Oda created him but he doesn't appear in the manga and only in Musicals or Theatre productions etc.
but he has the Kopi Kopi no Mi which can not only copy the target's appearance, but even their abilities to a certain extent.
It's just a better version of the Bon Clay's fruit.

Razh
January 25, 2013, 06:54 PM
But Mr. 5's fruit over Miss Valentine's Weight Weight Fruit?
Wasn't it limited to the boogers from his nose? I don't remember his powers too well since he did suck after all.

I think he could make any part of his body explode. He used boogers for ranged attacks only. His spit could probably do the same... And shit, but let's not even go there...
@Zehahaha: Yeah, the fruit is fine, but I think Kilo kilo fruit has more appliances when it comes to overall fighting capability. Greater speed, mobility, monster jumps, monster landings, ability to avoid attacks mid air... stuff like that.

31TeV
January 27, 2013, 09:33 AM
I think Horo Horo no Mi has a lot of potential. If Perona could use haki, she would be able to evade attacks better and take down enemies that have been rendered helpless by her ghosts.

Airgrimes
January 30, 2013, 01:19 PM
I think he could make any part of his body explode. He used boogers for ranged attacks only. His spit could probably do the same... And shit, but let's not even go there...
@Zehahaha: Yeah, the fruit is fine, but I think Kilo kilo fruit has more appliances when it comes to overall fighting capability. Greater speed, mobility, monster jumps, monster landings, ability to avoid attacks mid air... stuff like that.
Any part of his body? Yeah he's a waste. A total waste.
And I agree with the Kilo Kilo fruit still being more of a waste on Miss Valentine. Just to think... If its a paramecia then she should be able to affect the people she touches if she trained it enough.

Considering Robin can create limbs on enemies, if trained Miss Valentine could have increased the weight of her enemies beyond what they could handle or make them so light their punches and kicks have very little effect.

I was wondering, the way Toni Toni Chopper and Rob Lucci had Zoan Fruits but used them beyond the basics of Normal mode, Half Zoan mode and Full Zoan mode since they both have more than 3 modes,
Was that exclusive to them or as a result of training the Devil Fruit ability. Since its like everybody besides them only really went Half Zoan or Full zoan.
And that's including pretty high ranked people...

Avid
February 22, 2013, 03:07 AM

@ Razh

Brook can leave his body in a spirit form, bring his bones back together, his light weight makes him fast and capable of running on water, he can recover rapidly with milk, release the chills of the underworld, and who knows what else. His ability could have all kinds of potential, and it could have the most surprising additions considering the odd nature of it. Did you expect he could use the cold like that before he did it?

Mr. 5 really is the prime culprit of the user's usage making his ability's potential hard to gauge. He was a bombman, but we have no idea what played a role in the proportions of his explosions. If physical force was a factor Rob Lucci's power would have been incredible.

Airgrimes
April 07, 2013, 08:05 AM
After Ivankov turns you from a Woman to a Man or a Man to a Woman... Is there no way to turn back?
If so, Ivankov has perhaps the most dangerous fruit. Since if the victim has no control in changing back, and they were changed against their will then...

For example, I think Crocodile used be a chick and then met Ivankov who changed him into a dude.

kkck
April 07, 2013, 11:58 AM
Isn't crocodile too manly so to speak to be a girl? I would have a hard time believing he could be a former woman so to speak without having any sort of particular woman quirk.... Unless he was a manly woman to begin with and asked to be changed.

M3J
April 08, 2013, 10:49 PM
After Ivankov turns you from a Woman to a Man or a Man to a Woman... Is there no way to turn back?
If so, Ivankov has perhaps the most dangerous fruit. Since if the victim has no control in changing back, and they were changed against their will then...

For example, I think Crocodile used be a chick and then met Ivankov who changed him into a dude.

I think Ivankov is the only person who can change one back. Or there could be sex-change operation that's not as effective or fast as his devil fruit.

Airgrimes
April 13, 2013, 11:57 AM
I think Ivankov is the only person who can change one back. Or there could be sex-change operation that's not as effective or fast as his devil fruit.
Well Ivankov is in my Top5 for top DF users.
Anybody who can go around carrying out sex-changes on people AGAINST their will? Extremely dangerous. Too dangerous.

MBVC
April 30, 2013, 02:34 PM
Apoo's sound df is another underrated one, after all he at least gave Kizaru "damage". From my point of view, Apoo is Luffy's natural enemy similar to Luffy and Eneru case.

Airgrimes
April 30, 2013, 06:25 PM
Apoo's sound df is another underrated one, after all he at least gave Kizaru "damage". From my point of view, Apoo is Luffy's natural enemy similar to Luffy and Eneru case.
From what we saw, I believe Apoo is a Music Paramecia so he isn't necessarily a natural enemy.
He didn't seem like the element of Sound which I would imagine to be a Logia(A Fruit I've wanted in OnePiece from the moment we met Enel in SkyPiea).
Considering he didn't move around at the Speed of Sound like Enel moves at the Speed of Lightning and Borsalino moves at the Speed of Light, Scratchmen Apoo seems like a Paramecia and less of a threat to Luffy necessarily.

From his last appearance he seems to care more about bringing down a Yonkou a peg or two with the aid of Kid.

MBVC
May 01, 2013, 07:21 PM
I don't believe in the existence of sound logica, doesn't it belong in the subgroup of air/wind logica? I was talking about exploding after hearing his music, hopefully he doesn't have any hax power similar to the infamous Satan Sonata in HxH.

Airgrimes
May 02, 2013, 11:40 AM
I don't believe in the existence of sound logica, doesn't it belong in the subgroup of air/wind logica? I was talking about exploding after hearing his music, hopefully he doesn't have any hax power similar to the infamous Satan Sonata in HxH.
The power of vibrations have nothing to do with Air or Wind. So while I don't think a Sound Logia will exist in the story, but I would love it if it did.

Considering we haven't even been shown a Wind Logia yet, and Wind Element is like anime tradition along with Lightning, Fire and Water.
(I don't want to see Water though lol, he would defeat the point of the DevilFruit's weakness)

But Scrathmen Apoo is definitely a Paramecia, like the Goe Goe no Mi (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Goe_Goe_no_Mi) also, I imagined if a Sound Logia existed, it could perform similar things but he could move at the speed of sound and if you try and shoot him, it goes straight through him since his body is just vibrations.

MBVC
May 02, 2013, 05:26 PM
^ Vibrations of air thus it belongs in the subgroup of air, it's only the matter of how much skill and experience of the user.

(I don't want to see Water though lol, he would defeat the point of the DevilFruit's weakness)

^ How about oil? I speculate big mama is this type because of her fatty, without any proof of course, that's why it's a speculation. Since the oceans have lots of Methane (or any natural) gas thus I think about its existence along with (sulfuric) acid and superglue.

Airgrimes
May 05, 2013, 06:56 AM
^ Vibrations of air thus it belongs in the subgroup of air, it's only the matter of how much skill and experience of the user.
I don't see why it would be limited to air.
In the elements of manga, it is always Wind that is considered an element and not Air.

Since Air is the power to everything. The heating of air = fire, the cooling of air = Water, Ice, I mean... Just because it is linked to air cannot rule it out.
Considering many Logia power require Air. We would have to remove the Smoke-Smoke and Gas-Gas fruit too.

A Sound Logia could still work, as long as a Wind Logia exists. An Air Logia would be too hax. He would control people's breathing.
If he had Haki and could control the breathing of DF users then he becomes the genuine god of the series. No thanks to an Air Logia user.

I would love to see Wind and Sound Logia's.

The ability to move at the Speed of Sound and use Sound how Kizaru uses Light is such an amazing ability.
Would love to see Admirals with this ability.

kkck
May 05, 2013, 10:20 PM
Ceasar would be about as close as you can get to air logia IMO. An air logia would be too hax.... Tornadoes, explosions, vacuums, air blades.... the scope of power it would have would be too great. An air logia would even be able to control souls considering sound is merely vibrations in the air. Its way too hax a fruit to exist IMO, even more so than just about any other logia we have seen including the gas fruit and the admiral's fruits. Heck, even the temperature around could be controlled by just changing the density of the air around....

Azuma
May 06, 2013, 05:44 PM
The power of vibrations have nothing to do with Air or Wind. So while I don't think a Sound Logia will exist in the story, but I would love it if it did.

Considering we haven't even been shown a Wind Logia yet, and Wind Element is like anime tradition along with Lightning, Fire and Water.

But Scrathmen Apoo is definitely a Paramecia, like the Goe Goe no Mi (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Goe_Goe_no_Mi) also, I imagined if a Sound Logia existed, it could perform similar things but he could move at the speed of sound and if you try and shoot him, it goes straight through him since his body is just vibrations.

Based on the logic of the series, a sound fruit could potentially be awful. Given that light travels roughly 1 million times faster than sound in air and Kizaru's attacks can be dodged/blocked, then a sound fruit should send out vibrations that are, by comparison, in slow-motion. Even if you disregard that, there are quite a few characters than can affect the air around them and thus, defend against sound rather easily. Zoro, for example, has an attack where he practically causes a tornado. Luffy has his balloon thingy (assuming that he can blow that hard), Nami can produce warm air to bend the sound waves away from her etc.

Airgrimes
May 07, 2013, 11:00 AM
Based on the logic of the series, a sound fruit could potentially be awful. Given that light travels roughly 1 million times faster than sound in air and Kizaru's attacks can be dodged/blocked, then a sound fruit should send out vibrations that are, by comparison, in slow-motion. Even if you disregard that, there are quite a few characters than can affect the air around them and thus, defend against sound rather easily. Zoro, for example, has an attack where he practically causes a tornado. Luffy has his balloon thingy (assuming that he can blow that hard), Nami can produce warm air to bend the sound waves away from her etc.
Light travels ridiculously fast. Sure,
But I'm sure you know that the speed of Sound is serious too right?
I don't think even the Logic of the series would prevent the Speed of Sound fruit from being very fast.

Also, warm air doesn't bend sound away. Tornado's can, but the temperature required for Sound to not travel is ridiculously high.
So Nami is dead if someone with the speed of sound gets behind her at insane speed and lands a hit like how Kizaru lands his kicks.
The Speed of Sound is too fast for a human to react to. (One Piece logic challenges this I know lol).
But Light can only be beat by Vacuum (Lack of air), Tornado's,

In addition, although Kizaru can be blocked, a lot of the time, his attacks work. Kizaru's power is ridiculous and he is occasionally blocked and amongst the most powerful we've seen the series as he was someone who could fight Whitebeard and he smiled casually throughout.
Sound is hundreds of times faster than anything elasticated rubber can achieve.

Its 343.2 m per second. Speed of Light being 299 792 458 m per second so yeah Kizaru is incomparably faster, but Speed of Sound is potentially the second fastest in the series.
Now Kizaru can cover this amount of meters in one footstep. He could cover this amount of meters every few steps in theory.
So a Sound Logia would be able to do 343 m per footstep. That's a over a kilometre in 3 seconds.

So unless you see Nami, Usopp, In fact, most characters reacting to a man who covers over a kilometer in 3 seconds outside of the Haki users who are able to take on Kizaru I think the Sound Logia is a serious fruit.
Kizaru can only be harmed by Haki users. He wipes the floor with anybody without Haki.
It would be the same for the Sound Logia. The Speed of Sound is faster than any speed Luffy can achieve.

kkck
May 07, 2013, 11:50 AM
Well, electricity should be faster than sound in this case although not nearly as fast as light.

Anyways, wouldn't whitebeard's fruit count as souns? His fruit is about vibrations and sound itself is at large that. Perhaps it would be an application of the fruit into which WB did not really got into.

Airgrimes
June 04, 2013, 04:41 PM
Well, electricity should be faster than sound in this case although not nearly as fast as light.

Anyways, wouldn't whitebeard's fruit count as souns? His fruit is about vibrations and sound itself is at large that. Perhaps it would be an application of the fruit into which WB did not really got into.
I have re-thought it, and Sound would have the ability to change frequencies so that you can communicate with other creatures who are naturally tuned into different frequency levels of Sound e.g. Dolphins, Dogs, Insects and Bats are all different to us in terms of their hearing frequency levels.

Also, you're right there would be a similarity to the Quake-Quake fruit that WB has, however Garp can cause quakes in the air and in the sea, whilst Sound can only make the ground rumble(Slightly Quake) due to the lack of air for Sound to use as a medium, and not work the same way it does in water as it would with ground, causing a massive ripples and shaking as oppose to a sudden and quick sheer earthquake that WB causes.

Its weakness would be vacuum situations like Tornado's where sound gets completely distorted so the user will be fine but just unable to use his powers at all.
Sound moves like Dosu from Part I Naruto:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091027172443/naruto/images/a/a6/Sound_Drill.jpg

and have unbelievable hearing, not need to use his eyes much since he can perfectly hear movement etc.
Its a pretty amazing Logia until Haki arrives.

David Rose
June 06, 2013, 09:54 AM
Back to the first post:

I think the difference between Chopper and other Zoans ist the fact, that he is an animal and second that he ate Rumble Balls over a long period of time. The biggest difference is also that his 6 forms each serve a different purpose, like defending, digging, etc.
Also, we have seen Lucci using 4 different forms. Human, Animal and two different combinations, the one slim and agile, the other strong, if i recall it correctly. That means it is indeed possible to further alter the appearance for added benefits.

When it comes to Marco there is the question if his potential to transform his body parts at will isn't his unique focus.

I think it comes down to the users decision which part of the potential you want to increase. Like other transformations, more fluid transformation (or single body parts) or altered transformations with different physical abilites (like Luccy).

When it comes to Logia i guess the reason most strong people don't show off their elemental form is Haki. The bigger you are, the easier is it to gain a hit. Since you can still use ur fruit to the full potential without pullin of something like Enels Thundergod, like, why should they?

Imagine Smoker covering a huge area to hinder the sight of his enemies and then getting stabbed from everywhere. :P

Airgrimes
June 06, 2013, 11:13 AM
Imagine Smoker covering a huge area to hinder the sight of his enemies and then getting stabbed from everywhere. :P
Why would he?
He could just blow smoke everywhere, he doesn't have to connected to all of it, like how Aokiji can throw down sheets of ice. If someone breaks that ice, Aokiji's shoulder doesn't suddenly break...

About your Zoan statement, I think its about mastery of your fruit in all honesty.
The more you master your fruit, the more likely you are to access a form beyond the standard 3 forms of Full, Hybrid and Normal like Lucci and Chopper.

Mythical Zoans and Ancient Zoans work slightly different to standard Zoans though

Airgrimes
July 29, 2013, 01:37 PM
This has brought my attention since I noticed a lot of people on here see the Smoke Fruit as a weak Logia which seems absurd to me.

Imho, Smoker just isn't using his fruit to its fullest potential.

In theory, the Smoke fruit should overlap slightly with the Gasu Gasu no Mi since Smoker should be filling rooms with Smoke like CC was doing.
He should be filling areas with clouds of smoke creating difficult breathing for people like how Aokiji can make cliffs of Ice.

And obviously the clouds of Smoke aren't connected to Smoker just like Aokiji isn't connected to the cliffs of Ice he creates or the road of Ice he makes on the sea.
It disappoints me people have confused Enel's specific move of becoming a massive Lightning entity, with it being customary for all Logia's to suffer from when they create mass amounts of the Logia ability.

The same way if you destroy one of Akainu's raining fists of pure magma, it won't harm Akainu himself.

Considering Smoker became a Vice-Admiral at 36 with the standard Haki, I personally think that's when the 3 Admirals became Vice-Admirals too (Kizaru, Aokiji & Akainu). I think they all reached Vice-Admiral in their mid-30s.

I wouldn't be surprised if Smoker is improving at a similar rate to them. since he has gone from zero to hero it seems.
From Oda's words in the SBS he says Oda and Tashigi reached their rank really quickly, implying they entered not that long from the start of the story, meaning Smoker has reached VA in not too many years and a lot faster than most.
Similar to how Coby has rapidly speeded up the ranks.

Smoker through the use of clouds has shown he can fly, so he should by a few years be able to be flying from island to island.
Honestly, the Smoke Fruit's capabilities are huge.
It's worthy of someone being an Admiral in the future.

David Rose
July 29, 2013, 02:27 PM
Maybe the biggest problem for Smoker is, that his fruit bears mostly defensive capabilities, aside from tendering meat. :P

If you compare the potential of melting, freezing and blowing up everything in sight to casting some smoke it's rather lame. Sure, he can surround multiple enemies with smoke and whatever, but what is he gonna do then? His current potential only grows with his Haki. As long as he can't get a decent hit all defensive benefits don't matter.
And it's likely that observation Haki also works while beeing blindfolded.

Honestly, i share you opinion that Smoker could show off much, much more and that he's not living up to the readers expectations, considering how badass he was earlier. But i can't see any way how he would become stronger in big fights without improving his Haki rather than his DF.

kkck
July 29, 2013, 05:00 PM
I think the main issue regarding smoker's fruit is that it seems that it appears to be innately a rather versatile fruit. The thing is that when it comes to fruits the way you use them depends on your own tastes and creativity. Smoker is simply focusing on certain aspects of his fruit but leaving others. It does not necessarily imply smoker is bad at using his fruit or that his fruit is weak though. Fruits can be hard to master and require time. Luffy could not even properly punch when he first got his, ace had trouble burning stuff involuntarily and so on... Smoker at the moment seems to be focusing on the propelling capacities of his fruit to enhance his offense which makes sense. In turn he is neglecting potential poisoning capacities of his fruit, he does not seem to work with high volumes of smoke as do other powerful logia with their elements, he is not doing anything windlike with his smoke. There is no reason for him to not be able to create tornadoes like crocodile or emphasize limiting the vision of his opponent more. I don't necessarily think that what smoker is doing is wrong, perhaps what he is doing can be said to be adequate as it would suit him personally more than doing other things.

I do think a big part of the issue here is that smoker is not ultimately an admiral level fighter and he is quite away from that even today. Its kinda unfair to compare his feats with those of the admirals considering the sheer strength they have had from the start of the manga. 2 years ago smoker was not worth a damn as a warrior, his only merit was being a logia. Right now that is no longer the case and is halfway there to being at the top of the world. I think he needs more time more than anything.

Airgrimes
July 30, 2013, 02:35 PM
Smoker at the moment seems to be focusing on the propelling capacities of his fruit to enhance his offense which makes sense. In turn he is neglecting potential poisoning capacities of his fruit, he does not seem to work with high volumes of smoke as do other powerful logia with their elements, he is not doing anything windlike with his smoke. There is no reason for him to not be able to create tornadoes like crocodile or emphasize limiting the vision of his opponent more. I don't necessarily think that what smoker is doing is wrong, perhaps what he is doing can be said to be adequate as it would suit him personally more than doing other things.

This is the perfect reply to your question @David Rose.

For some weird reason, Most logia can create mini tornadoes. Ace, Blackbeard, Crocodile,
There is nothing to say Smoker shouldn't be able to create efficient ones with his.

Smoker's Fruit is a pretty good fruit. In fact, he should be sending tons of smoke into people's lungs and just dishing out lung disease in under a decade from now, assuming his improvement rate isn't going to slow down since he is supposed to be one of Luffy's rivals within Luffy's strength bracket. (Meant to be lol).

Smoke Fruit is definitely worthy of an Admiral. Smoker just needs to get his Busoushou Haki up to the higher level where he can kick standard ass completely without his Logia like the Admirals.

eefrit
September 01, 2013, 09:02 PM
I am truly interested at the extent of the Ato Ato no Mi's power. I mean, do you think it's limited only to 2-D art styles? Or can it do sculptures as well? Can she increase her own strength by mimicking the physique of those used in Classical Art? For that matter is it even limited to "formal" art? Can it do something with music as well? Or writings? Could it be used to improve things as well?

Another recent one is the Jake Jake no Mi. A person who could easily adapt and has a multitude of fighting styles would greatly benefit from this fruit. And it could apparently be forced on things since Kelly Funk said he could even control animals. It would be beneficial in group fights as the user could possibly jump from opponent to opponent while the wearer takes the hits.