PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Other International Teams?

Brandnewkid
January 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
What countries do you think will make an appearance? I think Korea and Germany are going to see some showtime.

FrostyMouse
January 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
We'd sort of prefer that you didn't make a thread for every little thought that you have, but it's okay.

We've all already done some speculation, but it's not really worth speculating about the future at the moment. We don't even know what the Top 10 will end up looking like.

Brandnewkid
January 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
We'd sort of prefer that you didn't make a thread for every little thought that you have, but it's okay.

"An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages." - Wikipedia.

What the hell is the point of the dicussion if no one offers anything to discuss? And what do you mean "We?" Unless there's a group of people behind you that shares your thoughts, then speak for yourself, FrostyMouse.

LetalHawk
January 16, 2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think is bad to start threads, why always have the same threads while we can create new ones to discuss? Personally, it's more interesting that way.

Kaoz
January 17, 2012, 07:57 AM
There's no problem with creating new threads as long as they don't cover the same thing as an already existing one... that being said, the topic of this particular thread is possible international competition, so get back on track.

[hr]

To make this somewhat on topic, I expect to see Germany and the USA, simply because of Tezuka's and Ryoma's connections.

LetalHawk
January 17, 2012, 09:25 AM
Germany and USA are teams that will appear, South Korea altough is a nation with a very poor tennis. Other teams that could appear are Spain, Italy, Sweden or Great Britain, I wonder which teams will Konomi introduce. I would like to see Echizen beating the No.1 of some nations, he will defeat the No.1 of the semi-finals team and finals team, most likely Usa and Germany.

Fuji Shusuke
January 17, 2012, 12:08 PM
"An island nation of tennis amateurs you say? Right?" I just thought that quote from Renji was appropriate now XD

LetalHawk
January 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
"An island nation of tennis amateurs you say? Right?" I just thought that quote from Renji was appropriate now XD

Lol, they would get revenge.

Airgrimes
January 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
Germany and USA are teams that will appear, South Korea altough is a nation with a very poor tennis. Other teams that could appear are Spain, Italy, Sweden or Great Britain, I wonder which teams will Konomi introduce. I would like to see Echizen beating the No.1 of some nations, he will defeat the No.1 of the semi-finals team and finals team, most likely Usa and Germany.

Would be... Ridiculous. Personally, I wont take the World Arc seriously at all if he crushes the No.1s of Spain, Germany, USA, Britain, Serbia, Australia etc.
To be honest, with Great Britain, Scotland schools tend to win the Nationals. So the Brit Team had better have both English and Scottish players to be realistic.

But if 5 any 5 nations should be seen then the ones I mentioned are definetes.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Would love to see those guys as representatives from which ever country they came from.

Im hoping Krauser is Austrian since Austrians have told me they have German names over there. I wouldnt be pleased if he was German since he kinda sucks, and Im hoping the German team be somewhat true to real life and be rather strong.
Krauser as the No.11-20 of his nation would be cool.

With some of the guys from the American arc (and I mean only SOME), and my fellow Londoners from the new movie as the Brit representatives haha.

Featherwolf
January 17, 2012, 05:36 PM
Well Krauser could be some different nationalities. He could be from Germany, Austria, Switzerland or maybe even Belgium or the Netherlands. Krauser sounds in general like a name that would come from those areas. His first name, Liliadent, or how you wish to spell it is a little special though. I don't recall to have heard that name before, and can't really connect it to a specific area in Europe. It reminds me mostly of the girl name Lilian, lolol. I wonder of Konomi made up that first name himself. 'cause if you try searching for just Liliadent on google, you pretty much only find sites about Liliadent from PoT, without having to add in "Krauser". As soon as you start writing Liliadent, it'll suggest "Krauser" as well.

Airgrimes
January 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
don't recall to have heard that name before, and can't really connect it to a specific area in Europe. It reminds me mostly of the girl name Lilian, lolol. I wonder of Konomi made up that first name himself. 'cause if you try searching for just Liliadent on google, you pretty much only find sites about Liliadent from PoT, without having to add in "Krauser". As soon as you start writing Liliadent, it'll suggest "Krauser" as well.

Its French. I speak French, and its a weird name even for French people. Konomi was just drawing straws not caring where the name was from just making sure it was European lol. Yet, he speaks English, which doesnt narrow it down in the slightest.

Featherwolf
January 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
Hahaha no not at all. Most european learn english in school from a young age. We started with english in my school when I was 8, and added in german few years later. So he could be from a lot of places in Europe.

Airgrimes
January 18, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hahaha no not at all. Most european learn english in school from a young age. We started with english in my school when I was 8, and added in german few years later. So he could be from a lot of places in Europe.

Exactly what I mean lol. Konomi was extremely vague. I was expecting some scene where Krauser travels WITH Tezuka to Germany and improves rapidly in his home nation to become a Representative (No. 11-20).

Where is Richard Sakata from? The guy who tends to only laugh. While his frist name is English, his surname is very Japanese. Yet they call him foreign. Surely he is half-japanese? Although there are places in Africa where you would find the surname Sakata.

Featherwolf
January 18, 2012, 02:29 PM
Well maybe he is indeed half japanese.. Like having one japanese parent, and then one foreign. Mostly it would sound like a japanese father, due to his last name sounding japanese, and then maybe been given a foreign name due to his mother's nationality, wherever that is?

If he bothered to speak instead of just being a laughing hyena, then maybe we would be able to guess more.

Airgrimes
January 18, 2012, 03:04 PM
If he bothered to speak instead of just being a laughing hyena, then maybe we would be able to guess more.

In almost every panel he does that haha. Except when saying he cant run in Zig Zags.
I was hoping we could see him lose to someone in a full match so we could see how Zig Zagging helped him. Disappointed in the rushed story. Wish we could have got a few more Player Shuffles and Team Shuffles.

Considering Sakata is also found in Africa, it would be great if he was from another country, would be awesome to have him leave the camp, only to get wiped as part of another nation lol.

Im honestly just hoping Tezuka plays for Japan, Krauser leaves, they bring in the Movie guys, the America arc guys and the Nagoya Seitoku flops during this International arc. Its so true that now Konomi brought in Ryoga, not much is impossible lol.

Does anyone else feel we may get 17 yr olds based off of the Fab 4 players Federer, Nadal, Murray or Djokovic?

Fuji Shusuke
January 28, 2012, 08:07 AM
Here's something interesting to think about, who will be the "Final Boss" for Echizen to win against and what moves will he have?

LetalHawk
January 28, 2012, 08:57 AM
Here's something interesting to think about, who will be the "Final Boss" for Echizen to win against and what moves will he have?

Woah, I think it's too hard to think about the final boss, but I think it will be the No.1 player from either USA or Germany and will be even stronger than Tezuka.
Maybe he has some unbeliveable shots like a shot that kills you if it hits you lol.

Airgrimes
January 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
Woah, I think it's too hard to think about the final boss, but I think it will be the No.1 player from either USA or Germany and will be even stronger than Tezuka.
Maybe he has some unbeliveable shots like a shot that kills you if it hits you lol.

I'd prefer if it was more like real tennis where Spain are the Champions of Team Tennis.
Although in Junior Tennis, a Brit won the US Open, but yeah, I hope its Spain.

With a situation where its like, Every shot just cant be reached. Something so simple yet makes the match the most tense ever.
A shot that slows the area down lol.

Lilke how Yukimura being able to see through every shot was so simple but created what is perhaps THE BEST PoT Match so far.

Brandnewkid
February 03, 2012, 01:51 AM
- The U-17 International Representatives are chosen;

- Team Japan plays against teams from all over the world, including the racist American team which includes members of the Hell's Angels gang, a prison inmate, and a Ku Klux Klan leader, and a black guy; the Italian team led by a mafiosso; and the military-like Russian team.

- They play Germany with Tezuka on the U-17 Germany team.

- They then play the Greece U-17 where it is said that each player hit by a special move from a Greece player will die; naturally, all of the Japan U-17 die. However, they didn't really die, but were instead transported to Olympus where they must do battle with 12 Greek Gods.

- They play the Ashura Team.

- Ryoma vs. Tokugawa.

- Ryoma vs. Nanjiro.

The end. And no, this isn't Konomi plagarizing an infamous sports manga series from the 70's.

Airgrimes
February 03, 2012, 12:50 PM
- The U-17 International Representatives are chosen;

- Team Japan plays against teams from all over the world, including the racist American team which includes members of the Hell's Angels gang, a prison inmate, and a Ku Klux Klan leader, and a black guy; the Italian team led by a mafiosso; and the military-like Russian team.

Ku Klux Klan + Black guy? Are you taking the piss? Not even slightly funny.

Brandnewkid
February 03, 2012, 12:52 PM
Ku Klux Klan + Black guy? Are you taking the piss? Not even slightly funny.

Relax, my post was a reference to the classic Jump sports manga which inspired every other hyper-exaggerated sports/fighting manga, Ring ni Kakero.

perroloco
February 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
I too feel that Prince of tennis has gone the extra mile with powers and all that ala Ring Ni Kakero haha.
Anyway I think its fair to say that at least 3 nationalities are a given for future matches..

Germany, Tezuka story also Krauser IMO seems german.
USA, Ryoma was there, should know some players.
England, Atoba was there so maybe a childhood friend or something.
EDIT: Also South Korea as they seem like the first team that will have a match with Japan, albeit a friendly match (I think?)

Also Brandnewkid you forgot to include the last arc!

Tezuka fights... I mean will have a match with the World Champion Jesus Christ..

And yeah that actually happens on Ringkake too. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzK-J335t_k)

Airgrimes
February 16, 2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah, in Inazuma Eleven they took on South Korea, but in Eyeshield 21, I dont remember a South Korea team. And imo Eyeshield 21 is amongs the best of Sports Mangas.

Brandnewkid
February 16, 2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah, in Inazuma Eleven they took on South Korea, but in Eyeshield 21, I dont remember a South Korea team. And imo Eyeshield 21 is amongs the best of Sports Mangas.

Because South Korea isn't too big on American football like they are on soccer. And Eyeshield 21 is only just a bit more realistic than Inazuma 11.

Airgrimes
February 17, 2012, 09:34 AM
Because South Korea isn't too big on American football like they are on soccer. And Eyeshield 21 is only just a bit more realistic than Inazuma 11.

Ignore Realsim. Anything that JUMP publishes tends to hold no bearings to real life.
With WHISTLE! Being the exception. No superpowers and the author managed to make a hit out of it.

Im just expecting South Korea since all in all, with Sports mangas South Korea tends to be involved whether they suck or not.
Like in this badminton manga I read called Smash!, Inazuma Eleven, Captain Tsubasa(Didnt enjoy that one) and others I dont rememeber.

Hoping for USA to not be the strongest team, since in Tennis, they are NOT.
Hoping for Spain or Serbia to be the boss, or at least Semi Finals opponents.
Also hoping for the Movie characters to appear for their countries. With Siu being Chinese and Keith being English. And the the dark skinned one with purple hair, I have no idea where he is from with a name like Utomi.

Also, did Prince of Tennis have any game-exclusive male players in the show? Ive never played one since I dont remember them being sold in England.

Fuji Shusuke
February 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
I got Smash Hit 2 and Form the Strongest Team by pira.... They are pretty good games. So far there has been no game exclusive characters.

Brandnewkid
February 17, 2012, 11:40 AM
Ignore Realsim. Anything that JUMP publishes tends to hold no bearings to real life.
With WHISTLE! Being the exception. No superpowers and the author managed to make a hit out of it.

Whistle is not the only exception. The most famous example of a sports manga is Slam Dunk. You have to realize that in the 90's, Slam Dunk was as popular as fucking Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho, and this was a manga about real basketball. Whistle couldn't even touch that when it came out.

Hoping for USA to not be the strongest team, since in Tennis, they are NOT.
Hoping for Spain or Serbia to be the boss, or at least Semi Finals opponents.

Wait, so you tell me not to expect realism, and then you say you hope for something not to happen because that's how it is in real life. Huh.

perroloco
February 17, 2012, 02:03 PM
Anyway.. Mmm speaking of the international matches, do you guys think they will be 10 vs 10??
I.e.
Singles 4/ Doubles 3/ Singles 3/ Doubles 2/ Singles 2/ Doubles 1/ Singles 1

I think the international matches will be 10 vs 10 because there are simply too many characters that fans want to see matches of.

Airgrimes
February 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
Whistle is not the only exception. The most famous example of a sports manga is Slam Dunk. You have to realize that in the 90's, Slam Dunk was as popular as fucking Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho, and this was a manga about real basketball. Whistle couldn't even touch that when it came out.
I never saw Slam Dunk, I only imagined that they used insane superpowers though. Did they only use standard real life techniques?
As popular as Dragonball? Cool Story bro, except your exaggerating there.

Wait, so you tell me not to expect realism, and then you say you hope for something not to happen because that's how it is in real life. Huh.

Yes. I am hoping. Not expecting. What dont you get?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Anyway.. Mmm speaking of the international matches, do you guys think they will be 10 vs 10??
I.e.
Singles 4/ Doubles 3/ Singles 3/ Doubles 2/ Singles 2/ Doubles 1/ Singles 1

I think the international matches will be 10 vs 10 because there are simply too many characters that fans want to see matches of.

Would be awesome. In Junior SChool team Nationals in the UK they have Singles 4, but not Doubles 3. Ive never heard of that. I hope so, but its probably unlikely. Then again Konomi enjoys throwing surprises at fans.

Brandnewkid
February 17, 2012, 03:43 PM
I never saw Slam Dunk, I only imagined that they used insane superpowers though. Did they only use standard real life techniques?
As popular as Dragonball? Cool Story bro, except your exaggerating there.

Um . . . No. First of all, Slam Dunk never used superpowers. The only thing that you can say was "super" was that the main character and his friends were a bunch of delinquents that knew how to throw down in street fights. That's it. No super powers, no insane techniques; just realistic basketball. Layups, dunks, free throws, real basketball. And no professional-level shit either, just talented high school level basketball.

And no, cool story's on you, because I'm not exaggerating, genius. See how today's "Big 3" is Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece? Back in the 90's, the "Big 3" was Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Slam Dunk. The show was so popular that it sparked interest in basketball in Japan, inspiring many Japanese players to even join the pro-leagues. Slam Dunk was as popular as Dragon Ball in the 90's. Just go look at any statistics about sales in Jump in the 90's, and you'll see; Slam Dunk pretty much surpassed Dragon Ball and took over the 90's Jump Golden Age. The fact that you're saying that Whistle was the sports manga for Jump shows you don't know much. Ring ni Kakero and Slam Dunk were the sports manga that pushed the boundaries for Jump, Ring ni Kakero because it pretty much started all the hyper-action that Jump manga are known for (Prince of Tennis is following in its stead) and Slam Dunk because of it's realistic and enjoyable charm.

Yes. I am hoping. Not expecting. What dont you get?

I don't get how you don't think that's hypocrisy.

perroloco
February 17, 2012, 05:54 PM
Guys calm down.. Its almost as if both of you take this in a personal level, calm down, please :)

Anyway yeah SLAM DUNK is one of the most popular mangas ever, defintely the most popular sport manga and IIRC one of its volumes (19 or something like that) had the record for most volumes sold until ONE PIECE took it from SLAM DUNK like in 2001 or 2002, that means that one of its volumes outsold any other volume at that time and had the record for like 5 or so more years.

You should definetly check it out of if you are into spo-kon, its a must read, even if you don't like sport manga.

Airgrimes
February 17, 2012, 06:34 PM
The fact that you're saying that Whistle was the sports manga for Jump shows you don't know much. Ring ni Kakero and Slam Dunk were the sports manga that pushed the boundaries for Jump, Ring ni Kakero because it pretty much started all the hyper-action that Jump manga are known for (Prince of Tennis is following in its stead) and Slam Dunk because of it's realistic and enjoyable charm.
Except I didnt say that. I didnt say it was the sports manga for jump. Or it made boundaries or anything like that. I said its the only example I knew that was completely realistic that was a Sports hit for Jump.
I should have said ''an'' exception.
Saw the stats and your right it was popular, in the US and Japan. I was only going by Europe.

Um . . . No. First of all, Slam Dunk never used superpowers. The only thing that you can say was "super" was that the main character and his friends were a bunch of delinquents that knew how to throw down in street fights. That's it. No super powers, no insane techniques; just realistic basketball. Layups, dunks, free throws, real basketball. And no professional-level shit either, just talented high school level basketball.
Then Slam Dunk would be the best example to what I was saying. And there are very few like this.

And no, cool story's on you, because I'm not exaggerating, genius. See how today's "Big 3" is Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece? Back in the 90's, the "Big 3" was Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Slam Dunk. The show was so popular that it sparked interest in basketball in Japan, inspiring many Japanese players to even join the pro-leagues. Slam Dunk was as popular as Dragon Ball in the 90's. Just go look at any statistics about sales in Jump in the 90's, and you'll see; Slam Dunk pretty much surpassed Dragon Ball and took over the 90's Jump Golden Age.
I'll admit im wrong, The 10 Japan Arts Festival state it to best Manga of all time.

I don't get how you don't think that's hypocrisy.
Perhaps its because they are 2 different verbs.
Im hoping, but Im not gonna care since its the PoT series is amazing overall.