PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 268 Discussion

ghostexiled
January 20, 2012, 12:41 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Bigfoot187
January 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
chapter is out!

Krono
January 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
chapter is out!

Out by Dragon&Fly scans to be precise:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v31/c268/1.html

GOLD.
January 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
chapter is on mangafox
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v31/c268/1.html

Ifrit
January 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
hahahaha..I called it first...New Guild is Fairy Tail members :)

Although a little bit sad I'm not gonna see Freed in action.

Only Gajeel,Mira was correct...make it more sense what other posts before. The masked guy from Raven Tail could be Laxus brother, It will be Epic seeing them both go head to head.

I didn't think for a moment that it's Mystogan. But just seeing the outfit bring some kick ass memories for Mashima one of the best character created in this manga.:super

really excited for next chapter ^_^

exacta
January 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
Really Mashima? The other guild is just more FT members??? Really?????????? Ughhhh........well I did want and expect to see them participate. Not exactly fair that Fairy Tail gets to have two teams in the games. Once again the rules bend over for Fairy Tail lol.

fcToho
January 27, 2012, 12:01 PM
Now I must admit I really like this outcome. :mono

It seems every team had the right to send in a second team (Lucy's comment on the ammount of teams). And Team B made it through!

And of course I'm rooting for Team B because that is the cool one! :hip

Gajeel, Laxus, Mirajane, Mystogan (ok, sort of...) and Juvia. That's some power there.
I would espacially appreciate some spotlight for Gajeel and Laxus. But then again, if there is spotlight to share, it will go to Natsu, Lucy and Erza.

Hm.. But because of Raven Tail I still have some hope for Gajeel and Laxus.

jacke12
January 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
Isn't it ironic first we have team Natsu which didn't get any training and now we have Fairy tail B team which is made from S-class and Former S-class mages. And the 1vs1 If the 2 teams fight it will be Natsu vs Gajeel, Gray vs Juvia, Erza vs Laxus or Jellal, Elfman vs Mirajane and Lucy vs I don't see who can she beet from this team

Skyguardian
January 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
I LOVE Mavis. XD
Her character is the total opposit of what i'd expected from Tenrou Island but she is so cute.

The B Team... Anyone else thinks crime sorceriee will have the Fairy Tail stamp at the end of the arc?

AandWguy
January 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
HOLY $H!T!!!! Jellal is in the competion. which guarantees them a win like automatically. So Grey vs juvia, natsu vs iron slayer, elfman vs mira, erza vs jellal and lucy vs luxus..... This is gonna get good.

jacke12
January 27, 2012, 12:23 PM
Even with Fairy tail B team somehow Team Natsu will win in the end

Ifrit
January 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
Really Mashima? The other guild is just more FT members??? Really?????????? Ughhhh........well I did want and expect to see them participate. Not exactly fair that Fairy Tail gets to have two teams in the games. Once again the rules bend over for Fairy Tail lol.

If you pay attention to what Lucy said...This is why there was like 100 or more teams in the beginning, because actually not just Fairy Tail sent 2 teams. But When we Say Gajeel, Mira, Laxus in this B team...that is not really a B team right...oh sh1t ADD GERARD.

@ fcToho I really hope so, since Gajeel part ended earlier in Tenrou Arc., and it's been a while since we saw Laxus.

Hidden ha......If Mystogan / MistGun was here he would have won that one for sure.

Rowel
January 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
Chapter is on Mangastream
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/23728433/1

Kuzumikun
January 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
I am totally rooting for Fairy Tail Team B! I wanna see more Mira fight scenes! (Tenrou Island fight was a tease to me). Oh, I'm also excited for Lucy's fight scene, wondering if any of those mages are even Celestial Spirit mages. If Fairy Tail has to fight Fairy Tail it's going to be probably Juvia vs Lucy (Juvia would probably pull the whole "This fight is for the love of Gray" speech or something) or Lucy vs Mira (Which IDK if Mira would let her win or not). Furthermore, I'm totally enjoying this arc already, tournaments usually get me so pumped! Can't wait for new chapter :D

Atobe the king
January 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
Lol GGs mashima. I don't think FT A or B will fight each other....you realize how boring that would be lol? They've ALL technically fought each other already. And the designated rivals are established. Natsu and Gajeel have bones to pick with those arrogant dragon slayers. Still, great chapter, liking mavis lol.

I just hope FTA does "okay" in the event, generally in a situation like this...they end up dead last through out the tournament.....or they surprise everyone and come first with several asspulls...i hope it varies.

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
Haha xD This was fantastic!

They could each enter 2 teams, guess like the 5th member was indeed a surprise.

Mavis was awesome! xD Her look was like: Big Moneyz coming our wai! :D *_*

Right now, I see Leon being one of those that loses. Juvia will be confused now xD

And right now I'm saying it, by the end of this arc, Jellal, Merdi and Urtear will be part of FT :D

hossice
January 27, 2012, 01:22 PM
Gajeel said what I have wanted to him to say "If you are going to lose on purpose I'm going to kick your ass" thank you gajeel that was needed. lolol <3

masgrande
January 27, 2012, 01:27 PM
Isn't funny that the stronger Fairy Tail team B is made of people who lose to the weaker FT team A, granted team A did have power ups or tricks for some of the fights. I was really hoping for Sabertooth to get second and not first like everybody in the stadium though.

exacta
January 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
If you pay attention to what Lucy said...This is why there was like 100 or more teams in the beginning, because actually not just Fairy Tail sent 2 teams. But When we Say Gajeel, Mira, Laxus in this B team...that is not really a B team right...oh sh1t ADD GERARD.

@ fcToho I really hope so, since Gajeel part ended earlier in Tenrou Arc., and it's been a while since we saw Laxus.

Hidden ha......If Mystogan / MistGun was here he would have won that one for sure.

True it was part of the rules. I should've phrased that differently. Fairy Tail always gets ridiculously lucky.....the one year the main cast participates and its the one year they decide to add a rule that could allow more than one team from a guild to participate. Also the other teams don't look that strong compared to FT now aside from Sabertooth, since the bulk of FT's strongest members are on B Team.

Only reason it really bothered me though is because Mashima tried to play it off like it was going to be a huge wtf team out of nowhere, but its just more people from Fairy Tail lol. Would've preferred if last chapter ended with them showing up. Because Gajeel, Laxus and Mirajane do need more screentime. And even though I dislike Jellal, if hes so important he should be given more opportunities to fight.

Freid
January 27, 2012, 02:59 PM
It would have been awesome if Freed was part of Fairy Tail's team B. He doesn't seem to get any love from Mashima at all. He's one of the most powerful members in the guild and his magic is potentially limitless; yet, he seems to always get cast by the wayside.

yellowblue
January 27, 2012, 03:08 PM
Mashima has done it again. His unpredictability is getting to a certain level like Oda before he got a child. FT taking 1/4 of the preliminaries shows how strong the guild is and Gildarts is not even there yet. I'm wondering where Brickslow, Evergreen and Freed, Ultear and Meredy is? They could form another team lol.

frozen18ice
January 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
mavis so cute and her reaction is epic, i wonder who is the one with the mask now in raven tail. i guess cana is back to just drinking i wonder how they will include wendy in this fight or will she just be doing a supporting role instead of fighting i wonder if that sabertooth member with the furry looking coat have the last two keys for lucy will we see the last two keys this time, the parting of the three way crazyness with juvia, gray and leon will be fun

HaiSuShi
January 27, 2012, 03:27 PM
MAVIS!!:wtf

So damn cute, I'm so glad she didn't disappear for good after the return from Tenrou Island, she's such a great addition to the cast.

Wow, Team B from Fairy Tail with all the badasses...Didn't see that coming.

I totally love how Erza and Gerald are bickering like an old couple:3c

And the girl from Sabretooth looks pretty good, too.

Excited to see them all in action, can't wait:zomg

Lectro Volpi
January 27, 2012, 03:36 PM
It's out of your power to let Gerard go, huh Mashima? I dislike that kind of autor-fanboyism but I recognize Gerard as a true powerhouse. It should be interesting.

Blue Pegasus, Cerberus and later the Mermaid team should be out, then Lamia scale (in my interest).

Mavis is moe... damn me.

Gats
January 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
Ok Mashima. You pulled out another unexpected chapter...once again...in a row. Keep the good job. This + the other series I read, what a wonderful week.

Gerard/Jellal (seriously I have trouble with "Jellal"), is taking a huge risk. He can be discovered any time. Mystogan lost his own scarf rather quickly against someone strong like Laxus. I wonder if his staffs are really just for the cover or do have their usefulness ?

edit : I guess if it was the real Mystogan, he would automatically win the first contest : "hidden". :D

kakashidad
January 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
I've read this issue like 15 times already...only Naruto gets that level of attention...pmsl.This is some good stuff.Kudos
to you guys that correctly predicted the fairytail B team...(they look more like the A team in truth')and Romeo thinks
so too lol.That Makarov when he selected the member for the tournoment to begin with,he had second thoughts..remember.To think he could plan ahead so well.Outstanding.

Mavis is awesome...why did she have to take so long to come into the manga?And i wonder with her been about.Will
we get more info on just what is that mysterous force/power at FT oringnal home?

I'm with Natsu in so much as i love the idea of battles been allocated in every round.And the semi is a Tag team match...awesome!i wonder if we'd be able to have the two teams trade members by then,,,probably not tbh..
shame.I'm calling it..blue pegauss will get elimated first..well maybe second..laters.

wooticus
January 27, 2012, 06:25 PM
wonderful chapter. liked every page for mostly the same reasons the others said. I've got not much time atm so:

This smells totally like "clash of the dragon slayers" on day 4! Wendy might be back to her feet by then. Natsu + Wendy vs Gajeel + Laxus vs Sabertooth Dragons?
But it might also be Team Natsu + Lucy again.

KOrto
January 27, 2012, 07:04 PM
Now that all the team have arrived,the question is who can be the mysterious magical force related to the dark mage,my point of view is that none of those person are related to the mysterious magical force,i bet the organizers are behind this and maybe the King of Fiore himself after all I doubt that the coliseum was built without spending large financial means,and remember that the festival is in the capital and in the chapter 265 Wendy was talking about the king '' What kind of person can he be"

Oh and one more thing the pumpkin man freaks me the f** out !

crimsonlink310
January 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
Awesome chapter. Fairy tail team B made me laugh and shocked me at the same time. The cool thing is that besides Laxus, both FT team are pretty equal in power. Looking forward to the hidden contest and to see how Gray's Ice magic will help him out. Hopefully the 30 pages next week has a battle included.

Anyways where is your Fiance in the crowd Jellal/Mystogan? :teehee trolololo

frozen18ice
January 27, 2012, 09:49 PM
i cant wait for the new and improved fairy tale everybody got a new power up plus the battles are going to be epic i think this is going to be a long arch aside from the fact that the mysterious enemy plus the actual battle games. i wonder how much different will lucy powers will be with her having more power will the zodiac summon she have change also, will they be more powerful in their attacks. will wendy end up fighting than elfman or will he shine, pretty much all of fairy tale got a power change

llamapie
January 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
MAVIS!!:wtf

So damn cute, I'm so glad she didn't disappear for good after the return from Tenrou Island, she's such a great addition to the cast.

Wow, Team B from Fairy Tail with all the badasses...Didn't see that coming.

I totally love how Erza and Gerald are bickering like an old couple:3c

And the girl from Sabretooth looks pretty good, too.

Excited to see them all in action, can't wait:zomg

Seems like Mashima is doing something similar to the darkness tournament arc in yu yu hakusho. The way sabretooth is being portrayed is exactly like team toguro. If Mashima sticks to that formula this arc will be REALLY amazing. That being said I think Mavis' role is limited and she will likely sacrifice her existence to power someone up or save someone.

And if someone Mavis fought long ago pops up, I will be spot on.

MONKEYS
January 28, 2012, 02:45 AM
And if someone Mavis fought long ago pops up, I will be spot on.

Now that would be a twist and a half.

Yeah, I love Mavis too, she's like a combination of innocent child, and Makarov (in terms of her guild-interested mind), I'm sure she'll be able to shed some light on some subject in this arc (I'd also love for her to be a continuous presence around the guild)

Sabretooth looks interesting (it would be funny if the other three aren't part of the top 5 that everyone was talking about XD)

Fairy tail B team... sure, it was a pretty big troll, but most of us saw it coming (and here I was thinking Mashima wouldn't sink to Kubo Tite levels of trolling), ah well

Next chapter, 27 pages, plus colour page/s, how exciting!?

frozen18ice
January 28, 2012, 04:12 AM
mashimas trolling is way better than kubo stlye.

its epic style need i remind you of the celestial place arch muhahahaha

Jorge D. Dragon
January 28, 2012, 05:50 AM
The chap was really good.:)
So as many members predicted the second team on the list was another FT's team.:) Though it's not a surprise that they got ot be the second knowing that they have 3 S class mages like Gerard, Luxus and Mirajane and also Gajeel and Lluvia.:) The team is damn strong and I liked Mavis's eyes when she asked if Gerard is strong and when she got that he is she approved of him being in the team, because she always wants FT to win:)) She really is hilarious.:) Though I din't expect Gerard to come. And that's also great that Luxus isn't that guy in the mask from Raven Tail.:)
Also it was great to finally see Sabertooth.:) The look quite stylish.:)
Sldo it's interesting that for now it doesn't look like it will be play-off system. For now they'll have to get points, so it may be like we'll have a posibility to see more from different Guilds and then proceed to main events of the Tournament later.:) We may have like more than 10 chapters of actual "fights" for the points and only then proceed to final part of the Tournament.:)

k-dom
January 28, 2012, 06:32 AM
What i wonder is how the other guild did not end up with a second team too ? Or did they think that they are strong enough and only need one
Anyway the love triangle can be funny but i guess in the beginning sabertooth will win everything.

goldb
January 28, 2012, 07:15 AM
What i wonder is how the other guild did not end up with a second team too ? Or did they think that they are strong enough and only need one
Anyway the love triangle can be funny but i guess in the beginning sabertooth will win everything.

They probably thought they'd only need one strong team; I think that would've been the case for Raven Tail, Sabretooth and Blue Pegasus. Not sure about the others though. Finally going to start this tournament next chapter; can't wait.

Ifrit
January 28, 2012, 07:40 AM

Most of the other guilds did I think. This is why Lucy said it make sense for the amount of teams that competed in the first event.

But Fairy Tail team-B well....Laxus, Gerard, Mira, Gajeel, Juvia I think if they participated before in this tournament they would get the first place.

I can't wait for the battles to start. I believe Sabertooth has 3 dragon slayers . the 3rd is that cute girl with them. One of the cats said they wanna be stronger than the sky dragon slayer. I suppose they meant her. weird she has no exceed apparently. Something is fishy about those dragon slayers of SaberTooth no way they are the real deal.

MechR
January 28, 2012, 08:09 AM
What i wonder is how the other guild did not end up with a second team too ?
Most likely, very few guilds have enough S-classers to fill two teams, so the B-teams end up underpowered.

Or did they think that they are strong enough and only need oneWell, there were 113 teams in the beginning (an odd number), so at least one guild must've only sent one team.

k-dom
January 28, 2012, 08:28 AM
My question was more, how come none of the other top 8 guilds did not end up with 2 teams too ? I mean, if they are that strong then they should have more than 5 good magicians. I wouldn't be that proud if one of my team (even if it's a B one) was beaten by the 2 teams of the supposed weakest guild.
Anyway I don't mind it that much, that's another of Mashima funny trolls and it can be interesting in the end.

Pepius
January 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
Most funny way will be if Team A and Team B of FT end in Finals thus making Sabertooth 3d guild in Edolas.

goldb
January 28, 2012, 08:41 AM
I don't know about the other guilds maybe they overestimated themselves or something, but remember it was said that Sabretooth guild was just a small guild until they suddenly recruited 5 very able mages? So I think my point at least applies to them, in that they think one team is enough or that they believe a second team would be too weak as all the strongest mages are already in one team.

It's different for Fairy Tail as we have the regular manga characters in team A despite it being seen that team b has 5 S-Class Level(3 of which are known S-Class mages) and could quite easily be classed as team A.

Uriel
January 28, 2012, 06:21 PM
If Mavis continues to be present I would love Mashima. It would be interesting if She's a spirit to being able to be summon as an stellar spirit by Lucy. Or something similar. I mean...Lucy can bring spirits, and maybe an expansion of her power allows her to do so with Mavis.
I know it's too far-fetched, but Lucy is indeed the key for many mysteries around Fairy Tail.

This chapter was good. I enjoy tournaments a lot and this one seems to have the trolling factor that I enjoy in this cases to avoid way too predictable encounters.

BTW, what kind of spirits you think the girl from Sabertooth has? More than a Sky Dragon she looks exactly as a Celestial Mage.

Quantized
January 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
If Mavis continues to be present I would love Mashima. It would be interesting if She's a spirit to being able to be summon as an stellar spirit by Lucy. Or something similar. I mean...Lucy can bring spirits, and maybe an expansion of her power allows her to do so with Mavis.
I know it's too far-fetched, but Lucy is indeed the key for many mysteries around Fairy Tail.

This chapter was good. I enjoy tournaments a lot and this one seems to have the trolling factor that I enjoy in this cases to avoid way too predictable encounters.

BTW, what kind of spirits you think the girl from Sabertooth has? More than a Sky Dragon she looks exactly as a Celestial Mage.

So trolled indeed, he played with us in the early part of the chapter letting us confirm our thoughts about it being a guild they had fought before and then a huuuuuge derail uturn ... I liked the outcome too though, even if the other would have been great too.

Good question about the stellar spirits, Lucy knows many of them already.. Just how many stellar spirits are there, maybe it's someone we know *shrug*

MechR
January 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
My question was more, how come none of the other top 8 guilds did not end up with 2 teams too ? I mean, if they are that strong then they should have more than 5 good magicians.
Not necessarily; Phantom Lord was once known as the strongest, and they only had 5. Two of those five are now on FT's overpowered B-team.

shuha27
January 28, 2012, 10:29 PM
Great! Another Fairy Tail Team, I'm happy to see all of Team B's members.

Anyone else think that Team B had all there second containers unlocked like team one? They must have gotten contact with Ultear because Jellal is on their team. The girl from Sabertooth really looks like a celestial spirit mage.

I'm not sure where I remember this, but didn't someone say that Sabertooth had a sky dragonslayer?

Ifrit
January 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure where I remember this, but didn't someone say that Sabertooth had a sky dragonslayer?

yeah. When they first introduced the new generation dragon slayers. And from what the Exceed said. I believe she is stronger than Sting n Rouge.

but probably Wendy will kick her ass with new secret dragon slayer technique. "Secret Dragon Slayer Technique" is something we never seen a Fake dragon slayer able to accomplish.

ghostexiled
January 29, 2012, 01:40 AM
it was the weirdo cats that mentioned something about the Sky Dragon:
http://i5.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/258/fairy-tail-2784693.jpg

Has anyone notice that Rogue has the same kinda "serpent" eyes as Gazille?
http://i998.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/268/fairy-tail-3015231.jpg

So Sabertooth has their personas switched around... the steely cold serpent eyed guy is a "Fire" DS.

and the loud mouthed talkative one is the "Metal" DS.

Also, I know nobody cared one way the other about my curiosity a week back to where Mira was... turns out that she was running thru the tournament with FT team B.

I also hope we get to see some more SERIOUS Juvia fighting in this arc. She got pretty mean and scary last chapter when Meldy threatened Gray's life.

Ifrit
January 29, 2012, 03:10 AM
Now that I read it again. Is it possibly they refer to Wendy as the Sky Dragon Slayer. ?

Also how awesome would it be if the Tag battle is Laxus + Mira/Gerard in one fight ?:pwned

Didn't Edolas Grandine told Wendy that this Tournament last 7 days ? It's showing 5.

crimsonlink310
January 29, 2012, 03:36 AM
Now that I read it again. Is it possibly they refer to Wendy as the Sky Dragon Slayer. ?

Also how awesome would it be if the Tag battle is Laxus + Mira/Gerard in one fight ?:pwned

Didn't Edolas Grandine told Wendy that this Tournament last 7 days ? It's showing 5.

Well the tournament might have breaks and stuff, plus some other events might sneak in as well. Also a tag team is usually 2 people but Jellal by himself is = to Makarov almost since he is/was part of the 10 saint mages.

Kinda unfair for Laxus and Jellal to be on Fairy Tail team B but thats only 2 wins if its 5v5.

BTW gonna make a tournament thread so be sure to check it out.

Krono
January 29, 2012, 02:31 PM

Yep. That translation is off (http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/311700-I-know-it-s-a-bit-late-but-there-is-a-little-translation-mistake-in-chapter-258!?highlight=translation). What they were saying was that Sting and Rogue wouldn't lose to the Fire Dragon, Iron Dragon, or the Sky Dragon, which by context about returning from scouting and so forth, they're talking about Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy.

Rarhyx
January 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
I hope gazeel will have a good fight, last arc i was somehow dissapointed :/

Quantized
January 30, 2012, 06:07 AM
Could be cool with tag teams and the likes, but it seems unlikely at this phase.
The reasoning being that it seems to be a tournament with 1 mage from each guild in the "ring" at every one match.
Given the table we saw here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/23728433/15

5 Days & 5 mages on each time, first round only 1 mage can participate, this leads to the suggestion that it's the same case with the other 4 tournament days.

So, assuming a guild wins all fights, their maximum potential points would be 5*10 = 50 points.
Lowest points possible is 5*0 = 0.

Therefore, the Guild with the highest points becomes the strongest Guild. Who has the best resources to get through unpredictable situations? and guessing the given hints rightfully and making a good judgement call.

The downside of this tournament is that the winner of each match won't get to fight the other winners, as it seems to be a random match up.
In this case I have to wonder, is there any special event left after the 5'th day?

What is the point if a Guild luckily get to fight the 5 weakest mages in the tournament and therefore receives maximum points, 50?
Suggestions?

Uriel
January 30, 2012, 08:26 AM
I thought the same, Cez...Until I forgot Mashima could easily troll us with a last event who give 60 points and therefore granting immediate winning.

Krono
January 30, 2012, 10:45 AM
Could be cool with tag teams and the likes, but it seems unlikely at this phase.
The reasoning being that it seems to be a tournament with 1 mage from each guild in the "ring" at every one match.
Given the table we saw here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/23728433/15

5 Days & 5 mages on each time, first round only 1 mage can participate, this leads to the suggestion that it's the same case with the other 4 tournament days.

So, assuming a guild wins all fights, their maximum potential points would be 5*10 = 50 points.
Lowest points possible is 5*0 = 0.

Therefore, the Guild with the highest points becomes the strongest Guild. Who has the best resources to get through unpredictable situations? and guessing the given hints rightfully and making a good judgement call.

The downside of this tournament is that the winner of each match won't get to fight the other winners, as it seems to be a random match up.
In this case I have to wonder, is there any special event left after the 5'th day?

What is the point if a Guild luckily get to fight the 5 weakest mages in the tournament and therefore receives maximum points, 50?
Suggestions?

You're forgetting that the games give points as well, and that day 5 is completely unknown, and the tournament goes for 7 days according to Polyusca.

So at the end of day four, a team that wins first all their games, but loses all their battles would have 40 points, and a team that comes in last in all the games, but wins all their battles would have 40 points, and a team that comes in first in all the games, and wins all their battles would have 80 points.

ca12nag3
January 31, 2012, 06:56 AM
Yep. That translation is off (http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/311700-I-know-it-s-a-bit-late-but-there-is-a-little-translation-mistake-in-chapter-258!?highlight=translation). What they were saying was that Sting and Rogue wouldn't lose to the Fire Dragon, Iron Dragon, or the Sky Dragon, which by context about returning from scouting and so forth, they're talking about Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy.

Your right, but that doesnt say there wont be a 3rd skydragon as well. Whats possible is that 1 of the other 6 teams has the sky dragon for Wendy. However Mashima put Wendy on the bench for now, so she isnt in the tournament anymore, making it possible that whats going on with the other fire and iron dragon has nothing to do with the sky dragons.

And im still doubtfull about Polly and her bshit story about Edolas. Its just a bit too convenient for her. Also she doesnt dislike humans like is claimed as their main difference. But youll have to read between the lines to notice that with polly.

crimsonlink310
January 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
Do we really know what elements Sting and Rogue even have? I mean most of us guessed that Sting has Iron DS magic but I dunno.

Uriel
January 31, 2012, 10:43 PM
Do we really know what elements Sting and Rogue even have? I mean most of us guessed that Sting has Iron DS magic but I dunno.
They called themselves the third generation of DS, so they probably are Fire and Iron. I'm assuming of course that there is more than one dragon per element. Igneel maybe the most powerful of the Fire Dragons, still.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 01, 2012, 07:15 AM
I think that there is a posibility that they might have two diferent elements. Maybe some of those we didn't see. They said they killed the Dragon who tought them DS Magic, so at least one of their Elements should be the same. At least it's logical. Then if they imlanted Lacrima, then it might be that thanks to the Lacryma they gained another Element and it's different for any of them or it might be also different from the first, but still be identical for both of them.
I even think it might be that at this point they can use any DS Magic Element. At least I believe it's rather interesting posibility.

oniichan powaa
February 01, 2012, 08:11 AM
@ Jorge D. Dragon
Why didn't I thought of that before? You're right, they might have two elements instead of one dragon slaying magic. For example: Iron AND Fire.

Well, can't wait to see their :gwah face when they find out that Natsu had already mastered two elements, Fire + Lightning AND the 'Second Origin' (almost limitless magic). Wendy will be stronger than them because she had learned the two secret DS techniques. And Gajeel? He's already a monster I tell you. :amuse

Jorge D. Dragon
February 01, 2012, 10:31 AM
I think they might not be Iron or Fire Dragonslayers. Maybe they posess some new types (maybe even two or three new) of Dragonslayer Magic.;)
At least I think it will be more interesting to see new types, than see those we already know.:) Still they might have been tought by Lightning or Poison Dragons as we've never seen them.;) But I think the masked guy from Raven Tail might be Lightning Dragonslayer (the real one) and might be even Luxus's brother.

P.S. Also the strange thing for me is that Ivan actually didn't react to Luxus (his son) in any way, but he did react to Gajeel. And that's strange.

Ninja_Pirate
February 02, 2012, 01:38 AM
P.S. Also the strange thing for me is that Ivan actually didn't react to Luxus (his son) in any way, but he did react to Gajeel. And that's strange.

He doesn't have any feelings toward luxus.. he is only interested in his lacyrma and that's all... however before they vanished 7 years back... gajeel was working as a double agent for makrov against him (I am not sure if ivan still knows that, he might still trust gajeel on that part :p)

Jorge D. Dragon
February 02, 2012, 11:31 AM
I don't actually think that Ivan ever trusted Gajeel. I don't think that he is the type to trust anyone. He looks more like the one who tries to use anyone around him.;)

Still for me that's really od when father doesn't care about his son in any way. The thing is that Luxus isn't only his son, but also is quite a strong mage, but of course there is still an option that he has another son and that might be the masked guy.

Marche
February 02, 2012, 04:45 PM
I have not understood one thing.
But every team will fight only another team or there will be a tournement as happened in Dragonball's tournements???

Ifrit
February 03, 2012, 01:05 AM
I have not understood one thing.
But every team will fight only another team or there will be a tournement as happened in Dragonball's tournements???

From what I understood Yes. I believe it will be something like this.

After this hidden event is done Teams will have a battle against each other. But I don't understand why Natsu said he won't hold back on Fairy Tail B team. Since if it is a battle. All teams get to send 1 member, but Fairy Tail can send 1 mage from each team A & B.

So there will be no Fairy A Vs Fairy B , I guess we have to wait and see. :popcorn

ca12nag3
February 03, 2012, 08:23 AM
From what I understood Yes. I believe it will be something like this.

After this hidden event is done Teams will have a battle against each other. But I don't understand why Natsu said he won't hold back on Fairy Tail B team. Since if it is a battle. All teams get to send 1 member, but Fairy Tail can send 1 mage from each team A & B.

So there will be no Fairy A Vs Fairy B , I guess we have to wait and see. :popcorn

Its not like team A and B will work together if thats what your sugesting. Nor do the members of B apart from Jelal and maybe Mira have a 2nd agenda.

I find it far more interesting to predict who will fight vs who when it comes to A and B

So far we have

Gray vs Juvia thats pretty much obvious.

My guesses.
Erza vs Jelal (Mystogan)
Elfman vs Mirajane
Natsu vs Gajeel
Lucy vs Laxus

I think the last 2 might even be swapping. Lucy vs Gajeel and Natsu vs Laxus. Either way we have a spare dragonslayer ^^

As for the other guilds i dont know all the names and its hard to see who will fight vs who, however the parfumeguy most obviously would be fighting in the round with Erza. At least i think.

oniichan powaa
February 03, 2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I can't imagine who is going to be Lucy's battle opponent. If Luxus or Jellal becomes her opponent, then she will most probably lose (she might win in the games though). They're both monster-like in terms of fighting capability. :pwnge

But then again, she might have something up her sleeve or an ace stellar spirit. IF she happened to be able to call the Spirit King, then she's guaranteed to win. For sure. Maybe. Probably... Okay, I'm not sure about the outcome but there's a possibility that will happen. :)

Sakakibara Eitaro
February 03, 2012, 09:37 AM
Don't forget that Lucy got one new Stelar Spirit that was, even if been used, one of the Kin of purgatory. And his ability would be to decrease power from others. If she can summon two or three stelar spirits at once (with the magic increased she has now) she might have a good chance. Of couser it would depned on who she would fight as well. There is Juvia as well.

Ifrit
February 03, 2012, 09:53 AM
Its not like team A and B will work together if thats what your sugesting. Nor do the members of B apart from Jelal and maybe Mira have a 2nd agenda.

I find it far more interesting to predict who will fight vs who when it comes to A and B

So far we have

Gray vs Juvia thats pretty much obvious.

My guesses.
Erza vs Jelal (Mystogan)
Elfman vs Mirajane
Natsu vs Gajeel
Lucy vs Laxus

I think the last 2 might even be swapping. Lucy vs Gajeel and Natsu vs Laxus. Either way we have a spare dragonslayer ^^

As for the other guilds i dont know all the names and its hard to see who will fight vs who, however the parfumeguy most obviously would be fighting in the round with Erza. At least i think.

ahhh I think you're right. After I read that page again. Only if it's a battle royal it will be 2 members of fairy tail.

every1 is worked up who gonna fight Lucy...."The Rabbit" her fights always funny as hell. For sure it's the guy in the Rabbit outfit xD

I'll be cheering for Lucy...I hope for Lucy Kick finish !!

llamapie
February 03, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine who is going to be Lucy's battle opponent. If Luxus or Jellal becomes her opponent, then she will most probably lose (she might win in the games though). They're both monster-like in terms of fighting capability. :pwnge

But then again, she might have something up her sleeve or an ace stellar spirit. IF she happened to be able to call the Spirit King, then she's guaranteed to win. For sure. Maybe. Probably... Okay, I'm not sure about the outcome but there's a possibility that will happen. :)

I'm betting the chick on sabre tooth is a spirit mage and is the only person with the key to summon the king. And I bet you Lucy has to fight him. That would be awesome and I'm sure Mashima will tear Lucy's shirt some more.

joshua019
February 04, 2012, 04:40 PM

I think to get the spirit king's key there must be some kind of prerequisite like obtaining all 12 keys??? either way how did you come out with the idea that the woman with sabertooth is a stellar spirit user??