PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 269 Discussion

3c
January 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Hamlet
February 03, 2012, 10:04 AM
English scan is out:
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=15374954

Mangastream's is out as well:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/92055242/1

joshua019
February 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
Gray's getting own, it would have been better to have natsu for this task!

Ero-Sanji
February 03, 2012, 10:44 AM
This chapter was awesome!
Haven't felt like this for FT in a long time, really glad that Mashima stepped his game up for this.

Narupudding seem to be going for FT as much and as hard as he can, but thanks to his goofy appearance I'm more concerned of the masked prince. However, due to his statement in the beginning I'm thinking he'll be a pain in the ass in the future.

When thinking about it Gray's magic isn't that good for this kind of game, neither is Narupudding giant/spike magic nor Lluvias water. This would have been perfect for Mystogan though.

Metadeth
February 03, 2012, 10:48 AM
Damn now I'm really interested in Nulpting's magic, better be something more than that to live up to Raven Tail's name.

So now Fairy Tail overall (Yes I know they don't count them together normally) is -3 ? :(

Them sensors would seem to be good in this game though :D

joshua019
February 03, 2012, 10:54 AM
This chapter was awesome!
Haven't felt like this for FT in a long time, really glad that Mashima stepped his game up for this.

Narupudding seem to be going for FT as much and as hard as he can, but thanks to his goofy appearance I'm more concerned of the masked prince. However, due to his statement in the beginning I'm thinking he'll be a pain in the ass in the future.

When thinking about it Gray's magic isn't that good for this kind of game, neither is Narupudding giant/spike magic nor Lluvias water. This would have been perfect for Mystogan though.

The original mistgun with his illusions, but jellal has meteor and other sort of magic. Natsu has good smell sense so he can be good in this kind of game!

monkey D luffy
February 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
mashima is playing way too much assassins creed online...
its exectly the same!

nontheless it was an excelent chapter, this puding guy is playing like a pro, blend, walk around with your copy, attack from behind..
i can see how gray can win this, he just need to watch his back, dodge and counter, not attack on his own, i am quite possitive he can make ice copys of himself now

what i find intersting is that the organizers have a ton of megical power to support such an event, i think gerrard was refereing to them with this whole wierd magical power

cant wait for next chapter

Kurohitsugi
February 03, 2012, 11:46 AM
it would have been better to have natsu for this task!

Yeah... FT would end up with -152 points for the next round. :P

I think that this Raven Tail guy is somehow cheating. It isn't a coincidence that he has found the same person two times already. Maybe that black creature that attacked Wendy plays some role?

Ero-Sanji
February 03, 2012, 11:48 AM
The original mistgun with his illusions, but jellal has meteor and other sort of magic. Natsu has good smell sense so he can be good in this kind of game!

It's true that Jellal uses his heavenly magic, but regarding the fact that he has those staves makes me wonder if he has the illusionary magic too.
Natsu, Wendy and Gazille's extreme sense of smell would be perfect, however, their powers or rather their way of fighting is too wide to be using in this game, though they would probably hit their opponents I'm sure their opponents would take advantage of the actual range of their attacks so that they would hit the clones as well.

kkck
February 03, 2012, 12:04 PM
The first thing that came to my mind when the city popped up was rustyrose.... The only issue is whether he would have the sheer magical capacity to create an entire city and clones however it is the most perfect explanation. There is also the question of what exactly rustyrose would be doing there. I wonder if rustyrose is still with zeref and whether the mysterious magical force they felt is related to zeref..... Perhaps they set up one of those hearts like the one hades had and thus they are able to have rustyrose create this sort of thing... Interesting...

Atobe the king
February 03, 2012, 12:27 PM
Great chapter lol. I agree with ero sanji that he stepped it up I knew it wasn't gonna be straight fighting but Im glad its not goofy tasks either. If this continues this is gonna be an amazing arc.

That one girl from mermaid heel reminded me of this http://static.mangadrawing.net/users/imagecache/image_display/admin/image/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-nagisa-psp2i.e43ab53b8e854e886bee4b0ef410337c-14768.jpg

joshua019
February 03, 2012, 12:33 PM
It's true that Jellal uses his heavenly magic, but regarding the fact that he has those staves makes me wonder if he has the illusionary magic too.
Natsu, Wendy and Gazille's extreme sense of smell would be perfect, however, their powers or rather their way of fighting is too wide to be using in this game, though they would probably hit their opponents I'm sure their opponents would take advantage of the actual range of their attacks so that they would hit the clones as well.

thanks for pointing that out! natsu has very wide area AOE attacks so it wont really suit the task, as for jellal i think the staffs are just decorations!

Jorge D. Dragon
February 03, 2012, 01:24 PM
The chapter was ok.
I totally didn't like the begining. Seriously why waste so many pages to explain the same things we saw in two previous chapters? Don't think that I'm complaining, but still.

Aside from the begining the chapter was quite interesting. The consept of such an enormous city where you play hide an seek is very interesting. The thing is that FT members from both teams are absolutely not suted for such a game, hence they really might loose tons of points way before 30 minutes timelimit.

That fat guy from Raven Tail is interesting in the sense that he managed to trace Gray twice already. Is he cheating or maybe his other magic is Sensing type?

P.S. kkck you might be right on this one. The city really looks like it was made with the help of Rusyrose's magic.:)

Hiyu144
February 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Charlie said "this (gray power) must be the achievement from extreme training"
It was the "second origin" stuff, not extreme training my friend

wooticus
February 03, 2012, 02:48 PM
this is really gonna be interesting. i don't know how gray sould win this and i don't think he will. I think juvia will quite well because... well she can turn into water..
Lucy would also have done quite good in this challenge i guess. She's clever and her spirits could really help her. Fried would have rocked, just planting the whole city full of runes. maybe that raven tail guy can sense magic? or the fairy tail mark?

Quantized
February 03, 2012, 02:53 PM
The chapter was ok.
I totally didn't like the begining. Seriously why waste so many pages to explain the same things we saw in two previous chapters? Don't think that I'm complaining, but still.

Aside from the begining the chapter was quite interesting. The consept of such an enormous city where you play hide an seek is very interesting. The thing is that FT members from both teams are absolutely not suted for such a game, hence they really might loose tons of points way before 30 minutes timelimit.

That fat guy from Raven Tail is interesting in the sense that he managed to trace Gray twice already. Is he cheating or maybe his other magic is Sensing type?

P.S. kkck you might be right on this one. The city really looks like it was made with the help of Rusyrose's magic.:)

Totally agree, it annoyed me as well in the early pages of the chapter... Marvis is pretty cool and cute, but it feels like toooo much sweet butter on the bread and the repeating of the rules of course... Dang!

As someone suggested, maybe Gray can make copies of himself (moving ice), and make the copies do as he please...
What I'm suspecting here is that these "current" copies can be detected somehow, and it's about know how to.. So, what if Gray can make copies of himself that either is much harder to detect or require other methods of detection? Possibly even harder to detect?

Would be a smart move, and I think this is the case exactly because Gray noted down his opponents moves before his first knock out.. Has to be a foreplay as for what is to come, imho :)

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Further thoughts, Gray could make copies that act illogically and moves very different from the normal clones, thus he can make much easier moves without obvious detection. This game smells like a victory, doubt Gray will loose due to our beloved mangaka's habits :)

exacta
February 03, 2012, 04:38 PM
Good chapter except for the beginning.....didn't like the wasted pages, and I hate it when mangaka have characters call something they did earlier pointless. Very excited to see what kinds of magic were going to see being used. Didn't think we'd already get to see a Raven Tail member do something. Guess Narpudding uses spikes? Seems like theres more to it than that though.

Anybody think the masked guy from Raven Tail is someone we've already seen?

Sollum
February 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
Anybody think the masked guy from Raven Tail is someone we've already seen?

I actually think its a younger brother of Laxus. Since Laxus was gone for 7 years, kido had time to grow up and stuff.

Raven Tail is here just to trash FT, i don't feel like they are even trying to win (yet).

ca12nag3
February 03, 2012, 07:26 PM
I actually think its a younger brother of Laxus. Since Laxus was gone for 7 years, kido had time to grow up and stuff.

Raven Tail is here just to trash FT, i don't feel like they are even trying to win (yet).

There is no mentioning of there ever being another Drayar. But with Mashima you never know.

As for the contests i bet each one will be disadvantaged for someone we know. Obviously the entire grab and hug scene with Juvia was planned well ahead. So i imagin we get funny scenes for each one of them.
I for 1 think the contest that Elfman will be in will be something totally unmanly :D who knows he might have to bake a cake :D hahaha

frozen18ice
February 03, 2012, 08:40 PM
lucy would have been best for this task she can use gemini, to have another of her in the same place with her plus she would have the clones also, but having gray, juvia, leon takes for a funny fiasco,

exacta
February 03, 2012, 08:59 PM
Maybe Iwan had another son and its Luxus' half-brother lol? I could see Mashima throwing another grandson in there though. That guy's hair is red/orange though. Also love Charle's comment
" this is the result of our training ". Lolwut.

crimsonlink310
February 03, 2012, 10:02 PM
Well I hope Gray wins or Erza is gonna kill him lol. Anyways I really liked the color pages but man does Rouge look like Zeref or what? BTW That was Happy saying the results of their training not Charle.

Gray's Ice magic seems like it was improved but until the battle phase, we can't really tell. Looking forward to see how Gray gets out of this mess without ending up in last place.

Kuzumikun
February 03, 2012, 11:59 PM
Fun chapter, hmmmm can't see how Grey can win here? When maybe he will lose, Fairy Tail A can't win everything. Mmmmmm I agree, Lucy would have been good in this part, using Gemini, maybe use Loki's sense of keen? (if he has one haha). Dragon Slayers too, as someone said good sense of smell. But what I think is Grey should pay attention more to his surroundings. Maybe a way Grey can win is move closer to clones and when that ugly troll guy attacks he can move and make him hit the clone (since it seems like the troll guy can hit only one direction). sorry don't know his name haha. Really curious about the other's magic powers though...

MechR
February 04, 2012, 01:10 AM
As for the contests i bet each one will be disadvantaged for someone we know. Obviously the entire grab and hug scene with Juvia was planned well ahead. So i imagin we get funny scenes for each one of them.
I for 1 think the contest that Elfman will be in will be something totally unmanly :D who knows he might have to bake a cake :D hahaha
Elfman can (or could) actually cook, going by the dragon egg special chapter :P

Ifrit
February 04, 2012, 03:05 AM
this is really gonna be interesting. i don't know how gray sould win this and i don't think he will. I think juvia will quite well because... well she can turn into water..
Lucy would also have done quite good in this challenge i guess. She's clever and her spirits could really help her. Fried would have rocked, just planting the whole city full of runes. maybe that raven tail guy can sense magic? or the fairy tail mark?

This is why I said I'm a little bit sad because I won't see Freed in action. In this Hidden event with the absence of Mystogan. It's Freed game.

I really like the way things are going. Only didn't like the beginning. Whats the point of making 27 pages, and wasting the first 7 explaining the stuff you already did LOL.

Again big LOL for Juvia ....

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Totally agree, it annoyed me as well in the early pages of the chapter... Marvis is pretty cool and cute, but it feels like toooo much sweet butter on the bread and the repeating of the rules of course... Dang!

As someone suggested, maybe Gray can make copies of himself (moving ice), and make the copies do as he please...
What I'm suspecting here is that these "current" copies can be detected somehow, and it's about know how to.. So, what if Gray can make copies of himself that either is much harder to detect or require other methods of detection? Possibly even harder to detect?

Would be a smart move, and I think this is the case exactly because Gray noted down his opponents moves before his first knock out.. Has to be a foreplay as for what is to come, imho :)

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Further thoughts, Gray could make copies that act illogically and moves very different from the normal clones, thus he can make much easier moves without obvious detection. This game smells like a victory, doubt Gray will loose due to our beloved mangaka's habits :)

I think Lyon will do this not Gray. Since he already did way back.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

There is no mentioning of there ever being another Drayar. But with Mashima you never know.

What was introduced is that Laxus been closer to his grandfather more than his father. So maybe Ivan had another child, but kept it secret, and away from Makarov. And like you said with Mashima anything possible.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

lucy would have been best for this task she can use gemini, to have another of her in the same place with her plus she would have the clones also, but having gray, juvia, leon takes for a funny fiasco,

Thats a great Idea. I wonder if Lucy would have thought of that hahaha.

Whats better is to make gemini create copy of other mages and make them act totally different than the clones. This way when any1 attack this copy think it's Lyon or anyone else. he will lose a point.

ca12nag3
February 04, 2012, 05:33 AM
Elfman can (or could) actually cook, going by the dragon egg special chapter :P

Well thats why i said it might be a cooking contest when hes up :D then we get to see him in *unmanly* matter winning :P Ofc he would call it manly to win haha.

At the end i think it will be Lucy and Elfman that get the high scores on that team, keeping them in the race. And Mashima in his own way showing that other skills other then raw power are valuable too.

garcon
February 04, 2012, 10:26 AM

or Gray could use a copy of him as a decoy, kind of like the dude from raven tail did :

Gray act like the clones of the city
He makes an ice copy of him who act like him
people attack the ice copy
Gray do a surprise atack on the people
(hope I didn't repeat what you just said)

only problem I see is the raventail guy, I think he has a way to find out the real Gray and wouldn't fall for that either, so the thing I wonder is : can he find out each one of the participant or only Gray ? someone said that maybe he could trace the Fairy tail tatoo, why not.....

but the thing he said http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/92055242/22
"if only you had grasped the rules a little bit earlier" maybe I don't understand it but doesn't that means that he knew the rules before the contest ? in this case Raven tail could have "bugged" their opponent no ?
to continue on this theory, maybe there are clues for the guild to find out the rules of the different contest before it begins, a way for them to be prepared and organise a strategy, that could go that way :

Gray : how did you know blablabla
Raventail's dude : we are not shit heads and we know how to play in thistournament, blabla (expalining what I say earlier)
then everybody go "surprise face" and after Gray and Juvia lose, all the member of the guild try to help them to gather information on the future task (that could put some member who don't participate in the tournament into some spotlight)

another thing: if Juvia turn into water, she could have a great advantage since she could hide pretty well and watch the others
(and attack them steathly of course)

(oh and someone should say to the cat that partying for three month with celestial spirits is NOT a training, especially not a hard one)

anyway, have a good day people

Uriel
February 04, 2012, 02:14 PM
Who was the one using Archive? Freid would be awesome at this, BTW.

I really liked this chapter. The colorpage also was cool and so well done as Mashima is used to deliver. I always enjoy tournaments, but I definitely LOVE when challenges like this one comes up at play.

I'm concerned about Jellal comment. I mean...If HE wonder what amount of magic it's needed for a city and He was one of the Ten Saints, that makes me fear that the true enemy behind this arc may be scary as hell.

And Lucy had a spirit who was a compass if I'm not mistaken. She probably has something else to find. Even Virgo could do the work there. But not Gemini. It's full of clones already, why she would need one more?

And even if the first pages were a waste...I really enjoy Mavis.

Metadeth
February 04, 2012, 02:20 PM
Who was the one using Archive? Freid would be awesome at this, BTW.

I really liked this chapter. The colorpage also was cool and so well done as Mashima is used to deliver. I always enjoy tournaments, but I definitely LOVE when challenges like this one comes up at play.

I'm concerned about Jellal comment. I mean...If HE wonder what amount of magic it's needed for a city and He was one of the Ten Saints, that makes me fear that the true enemy behind this arc may be scary as hell.

And Lucy had a spirit who was a compass if I'm not mistaken. She probably has something else to find. Even Virgo could do the work there. But not Gemini. It's full of clones already, why she would need one more?

And even if the first pages were a waste...I really enjoy Mavis.

Hibiki is the guy with Archive, but he's not in this game

The point with Gemini is that it can transform into anyone that it's touched. Lucy just needs to let Gemini transform into herself and pretend its a clone first, and while doing that let it touch someone else. She can then let Gemini transform into that person and have it attack other people. Trouble is, we don't know whether Gemini's touching condition will work with clones, and she still can't find a way to distinguish clones from originals.

But from what we've seen from how Nulpting (not Narupudding ppl) did against Gray, its proof that while the type of magic is a factor, it does not determine the winner. Nulpting merely relied on strategy and perception to find Gray, spike magic won't help. Sensor types should be good here though :)

Uriel
February 04, 2012, 02:35 PM
I know He isn't here. But damn He's the most fitting for this kind of encounter. I wonder if outsiders can cheat here :P

joshua019
February 04, 2012, 04:54 PM
I know He isn't here. But damn He's the most fitting for this kind of encounter. I wonder if outsiders can cheat here :P

Hibiki will the one most capable doing that cheating but blue pegasus is one of the few guild around that has integrity, so they will not.

Edelheld
February 04, 2012, 05:05 PM
Just want to mention that living ice figures is Leon's thing not Grey's. Otherwise there would be 2 characters using same magic and that's no fun.

Shadowriver
February 04, 2012, 05:56 PM
lol didn't expected to see Assains Creed Multiplayer in manga i fan of this game ^^ people say it sux but they don't like because you need to use brain unlike CoD. The rules presented in Fairy Tail reassables Assaination game mode in AC:R, only diffrence is that you not lose points, you don't have a help compass and number of points given depends on quality of kill or stun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0G59H34yw4

Can't wait to see how this being develop in Fairy Tail ;]

ghostexiled
February 04, 2012, 06:01 PM
Guys, please try to keep the discussion more on Fairy Tail and less on other series from either other mangas, movies or video games.

You are more than welcomed to discuss the comparisons between these and FT in the Hangout Thread. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/3870-Fairy-Tail-Hangout-Thread)

Quantized
February 04, 2012, 06:26 PM
Something came to mind, and my bad if someone already mentioned it, didn't have time to read all post's yet.

The Raventail dude could have placed a trace magic on Gray from the time he hit him the first time.
His reason for following Gray can simply be that Gray was the first he found and dare attack, since Gray was standing out, and got magic trace marked.

1) He found Gray first due to Gray not acting like his clones, thus he was obviously detected.
2) He placed a trace magic, so no matter where Gray go, he'll be able to follow him.
3) He uses some sorts of teleportation magic in order to go wherever Gray is.

This explains why he told Gray, "too bad you didn't grasp it earlier" (to what Gray said moments earlier, "to try not to stand out").
As from this point, Gray could possibly have been traced and will be followed by this guy through the whole game. Essentially, hitting on someone he thinks he can bully while teleporting forth and back, scoring many points this way and avoiding fighting serious strong mages. Although Gray will get the better of him somehow, I'm sure.

Possible weaknesses.
A) Possibly he can only trace one person pr. time.
B) Can't teleport unless he got a trace, possibly teleporting into buildings / other things if so.
C) If the target knows he's been traced & followed by teleportation magic, he/she can set up a counter trap.

Uriel
February 04, 2012, 07:33 PM
But that will work against him if Gray is able to answer faster than him. Maybe the next scenario will be of his advantage.

joshua019
February 04, 2012, 07:47 PM
I wonder since grey is much stronger now may be he can create a ice clone of him!

Ifrit
February 05, 2012, 12:05 AM

Just think about it. If Gemini can create a copy of Lyon, or that raven tail guy. and then made them act totally different than the other clones the other mages will be exposed when they attack Gemini. And here comes "LUCY KICK" :pwned

Metadeth
February 05, 2012, 06:56 AM
I wonder since grey is much stronger now may be he can create a ice clone of him!

Unfortunately Gray's magic is a static type, meaning it cannot move, and we haven't seen objects with actual likeness in terms of appearance. (e.g. Gray-colored Ice Hammer)

Marche
February 05, 2012, 08:50 AM
I think that for the first page the translation made from Mangastream and Mangareader is wrong. I believe that Meredy said that for them (she, Urtear and Gerard) there was not need to take such as risk for meeting with Fairy Tail.
I think this too also because Meredy would have said “… with us” instead than “with him”.
Anyways I must say that Meredy is better in colour, also if I still think that would be better if her hairstyle would have not changed.
Anyways they are watching the tournement above a mountain, so I think that after each day they will go to meet with the Fairy Tail’s member, and eventually the will go to the tournemnt if something will happened.

Anyways good also the various team in colour, Wendy is still there, so she will partecipate just as Porlyusca some chapters ago and Mavis in this chapter say.
I don’t like the colours of the clothes for Fairy Tail's team B, the brown is not suited for them.
While the Mermaid Hell's team and Sabertooth's teams are great.

Funny when Mavis says that the others team are not important, she is truly the cutest, also more then Wendy and Levy.
I really liked when Lluvia says to Gray that she will try to win and after that Gray anwers than that is what he wants.
Immediately after that Leon interrupt them and says that he will use his full force too, that he will do it for Lluvia (because also if Gray rejected the bet with him, Leon thinks that the bet has been accepted).
After hearing that Lluvia is a little shocked and embarassed, and then Gray says her to ignore him, otherwise she would have catch Leon’s stupidity, I have truly laught when I read it for the first time.

After that the organizers mad a huge city in an instant, and all the Fairy Tail's member are all shocked, because as is pointed out from Gerard for doing this upi meed a very powerful spell, it is not easy.
I believe that this isn't an illusion, I believe that this is the same or something similar to Rusty Rose lost magic.
After that "the pumpkin", that he seem to be one of the organizers explains the rules, I confess that I immediately liked this game, the fact that the partecipants will doing hiding and seeking at the same time.

Almost immediately the start of the games, Lluvia touch one of Gray’s clones and lose one point, because with so many Gray she can’t control herself.
Anyways truly awesome Gazille and Luxus face (particularly Luxus) after this, they are schocked, while Mira is right about that this game is unfavourable Lluvia.

Gray’s face when she discovered that he hitted a clones has no price http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/269/23[/url], also if Gray's new move is great, unfortunetely seem than that was only a clone.
But to tell the truth I don’t think that he really hitted a clones, I believe that Nulpting can split his “soul”, because from the transformation of his arm when he attacks Gray I believe that he can use “Satan Soul” or something similar, and also because the original Nelputing was distant from the clones, so Gray also if he was in a hurry, he would have noticed this.

Anyways his arm became similar to Gray’s attack, the ice’s hammer, perhaps he took Gray’s power, as Elfman did when he was fighting Rusty Rose, but perhaps this is just a coincidence.

Anyway if my suggestion about the fact that Nulpting can split his soul will be wrong, I have already another supposition, and it is the fact that Gray’s action were different from his clones (in fact this pages http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/269/21 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/269/22 (respectively for the last frame for page 21 and first two frames of page 22)).
In fact in the frames that I mentioned, from how Gray has been designed I suspects that he was running (for the confermion we must wait the anime episode).

Another possibilities is the fact that Nulpiting can “hear” the thoughts of his enemies or that he in someway can discern the originals copy from the clones, but to tell the truth I don’t think that he his that type of wizard.

Anyways when Gray hits the Nelputing’s clone he has been send in another location.
I believe also that in this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/269/26 the importants frames are the first two.
The first is important because there is Gray, while for the second I believe that there is Nelputing real body.
I think that he is the one who is sitting, so from his high position he can observe all the partecipants, and from there he discovered the real Gray and follows him (last frame of page 26).
But always if the second frame there is also Gray’s real body, the one which is in centre of the frame, the one who has not Fairy Tail’s mark.

Anyways after his transfer in another location, after his attacks to a Nelputing’s clone, Gray behavior seem the same as his clones, he was carefull, so Nelputing should not have been able to discover him.
Also if perhaps he was able to discover Gray, thanks to Fairy Tail’s mark.

In fact Gray after his transfer in another location, he has not anymore his Fairy Tail's mark.
This only the real Gray, because in fact the others clones have it yet, so perhaps Nelputing discovered this, and thanks to this he was able to track down Gray again.

But if this is the case I don’t understand who could have done it, in fact I don’t think that Nelputing was able to remove Fairy Tail’s mark from Gray’s real clothes, because it has disappeared after Gray was transferred in another location, and Nelputing did not touch him until the last page where he hit him and gain one point.

This could be done only from the organizers, but they have nothing to gain from this, on the contrary they only have to lose.
In fact for the organizers this would be a great risk, because if the fact that they are distorting the tournament will be discovered, they will lose their reputation and also no one will partecipate again.

wooticus
February 05, 2012, 08:50 AM
Gray has proven that he is clever and doesn't fall for tricks so easily. He is far better suited for that task than elfman or natsu. So if that raven tail guy goes for gray on and on, he wouldn't have to do anything else but countering his attacks.

Nevertheless it's the usual start. Fairy Tail seems to suck hard at first. But i really looking forward to those next chapters. Gray won't win this by friendship or bonding. Well, he could work together with juvia but that would make them obvious targets. Moreover they are already behind so they can't play defensive. I hope that the other guys will also be shown and i'm curious on how long a single challenge will last (in chapters).

Thinking of the manga in general there are not so many outcomes that are thinkable:
- gray losing hard would have him lose his face against natsu and leon. If that would happen you can be sure, that he will totally shine later on.
- gray will shine now and totally win this challenge. That would mean he won't play a major role later on i guess, because he already had his fight.

Personally i think it will get much more interesting in the next chapter. This raven tail guy might be in advantage but there are 6 more contestent and it will be likely that there will be a lot 3way or 4way situation in which one waits for another attack just to interfere. for example the next time that guy tries to attack grey he will get frozen by leon or something like that.

rosco12
February 05, 2012, 10:10 AM
Would be nice if Juvia and Gray tried to use that method they used then once again. With it, they might trick others to attack the clone.
check the 2 pages who follows:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7192-7/fairy-tail/chapter-77.html

Marche
February 05, 2012, 01:57 PM
Would be nice if Juvia and Gray tried to use that method they used then once again. With it, they might trick others to attack the clone.
check the 2 pages who follows:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7192-7/fairy-tail/chapter-77.htmlI was also thought of this, I did not say it yet because I have not finished my post yet, anyways when I will finish my post in which I will wrote what will happened in this contest I will post it.

crimsonlink310
February 05, 2012, 10:01 PM
Well so far it looks like the power up has worked a bit as Gray's Ice Hammer is huge and more powerful but I hope that isn't the only thing that has improved. Natsu and co didn't get any physical improvement which will probably hurt them in the long run. I bet that it will be Fairy Tail Team B winning this tournament but Team A will help out.

frozen18ice
February 05, 2012, 10:29 PM
ooh it be cool if juvia made it rain and grey made it snow its like a detector just like when she used to make it rain a lot that it just can sense who is there

matzik1212
February 07, 2012, 02:03 PM
Nice chapter!
I feel sorry for Gray , he's being owned big time by Narupuding (lol what a baka name ) , i hope he figures up some tricks 'cause he's a smart guy and that dude seems not so bright though his abilities to mix with the fakes are really something.
This shows how difficult it will be for Tenrou team to adapt to this time, after all they were frozen in time for 7y and i think everyone will face hardships this tournament.
Oh and i think this hidden battle will serve like a sort of therapy for Juvia , maybe she will learn how to subdue her weakness for Gray lol , also this is valid for Leon since he's crazy after Juvia :^_^ . Can't wait for the real battle next chapter

Ifrit
February 08, 2012, 05:35 AM
ooh it be cool if juvia made it rain and grey made it snow its like a detector just like when she used to make it rain a lot that it just can sense who is there

mmmm...I wonder if just by making it rain. the rain will hit everyone, and all those hits will count for Juvia ?

rosco12
February 08, 2012, 08:19 AM
mmmm...I wonder if just by making it rain. the rain will hit everyone, and all those hits will count for Juvia ?

I think if it did, the hits would also count on the fake, so she would end with like -1000.

I was thinking that maybe Gray could turn the floor to ice, creating a ice skating rink. The fake might not be affected, but the real one would struggle to stand, exposing themselves. But it would only work if the fake aren't affected.

Kazu-Sama
February 08, 2012, 01:30 PM
Juvia could always sacrifice her team for Grey's, though. Just make it rain, while making the rain avoid Grey. She ends up at negative thousands, but everyone else other than grey also ends up on negative points...

Bulba
February 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
*Scratches head* Bulba is experiencing confusion.

Charle/Carla said something alone the lines of "This is a result of their training!" when referring to Gray's new Ice Alchemy... but I don't remember them doing any training. Is this a mistranslation?

Krono
February 09, 2012, 04:22 PM
*Scratches head* Bulba is experiencing confusion.

Charle/Carla said something alone the lines of "This is a result of their training!" when referring to Gray's new Ice Alchemy... but I don't remember them doing any training. Is this a mistranslation?

Well first of all, that's Happy, not Charle.

I doubt it's a mistranslation, rather that's the joke. Happy's lording their power increase over Jet and Droy who apparently have done little to nothing to increase their power in the past few months despite multiple opportunities. But the power increase that Happy's lording comes not from the training that they didn't get a chance to do and Jet and Droy opted not to do, but rather from the power up that Jet and Droy also opted not to take.

hoeru
February 09, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hm, maybe it would have been better if Natsu and Luxus participated this round? I'm assuming that the fakes don't "smell" at all while the Dragonslayers do have a better nose... I'm also wondering if you can hit an enemy twice or more times in a row, so you can grab him and punch (+1), punch (+1), punch (+1), kick (+1), punch (+1) etc.

BTW, why is Natsu suddenly feeling ill? Is the stadium moving?