PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

GAT-X252
January 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
Raw is out, you can get it here (http://www.mediafire.com/?985l4r9y9cvbkbp)

Enn
February 22, 2012, 05:54 AM
What's up with Katou always hugging Anzu after an alien's defeated?

Also, it seems to me now that Oku might have the intention of really establishing Kaze and Mary's connection.

Not a lot of progress, but I guess this is the opening where the story will now mainly focus on Kei1.

Cru
February 22, 2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah, she ain't coming back. At least he gave us some good oppai-service before she had to go.

Prediction: T-Kurono gets nuked. R-Kurono pretends to be T-Kurono to get Tae back.
It's either that, or R-Kurono finds a way to revive Reika. Hopefully it doesn't just happen by coincidence.

A_N_G_E_L
February 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
I hope Anzu dies next! She starts to get really annoying in a Kishimoto way("Katou, I can't live without you!!! BAAAWWW!!!!").
Also I hate how the most girls in Gantz are so useless and dependent on some dude they fell in love in less than 2 hours!>.<
I hope Anzu get ripped to shreds in front of Katou's eyes! And then please don't make a long good bye crying scene, I want to see Katou going berserk!!!
Also hate how Reika pretty much got killed off screen!!! She was one of the main girls and was there for a long time. Instead of seeing that nonsad Kurono boob squeezing good bye scene, it would have been nicer to see her fight!
Mary is my last hope! I hope she doesn't end up as useless crazy love bitch like those other girls!u.u

TheAwesomeOne
February 22, 2012, 01:09 PM
1. Was the huge giant abomination they killed in this chapter the one from a while back when they first got beamed in? It looks like it came back.
2. Like Enn said it looks like the focus is shifting over to Kei-1 and Sakurai so it is unlikely that we will find out who sent the team into that slaughter house to begin with.
3. Why do people keep thinking there is gonna be a pairing of Kaze and Mary? I just don't see it. They traded glances once or twice while fighting together that is it. I didn't see anything implying it in this chapter either. With this being the final arc and there being 20 chapters max left in the series it would be pointless to make another couple especially when it looks like there part in the story is just about up.

RDN-567
February 22, 2012, 06:06 PM
^That wouldn't be the first thing that's pointless during this arc.

What is Gantz/Xaos?
Oku missed an eye of the alien girl at page 20.

meeedoooz
February 23, 2012, 01:59 AM
emmmm can't really judge on the chapter , but it looks like a transitional one to go to the final mission . either way looking forward to the last part

kusomaru
February 23, 2012, 02:10 AM
What is Gantz/Xaos?

From what I've gathered, it's another cell/mobile game that follows the plot of the manga. There's some info on 2ch about it if you Google it, but I don't understand moonspeak myself.

BrazilianGantzer
February 23, 2012, 06:23 AM
Is that.....Kaze using a SWORD???? Isn't that the first time he's used a weapon in, well, ever??

Rye
February 23, 2012, 08:40 AM
Is that.....Kaze using a SWORD???? Isn't that the first time he's used a weapon in, well, ever??
He used a gun on the oni mission. Well, it wasn't shown but it was implied.

BrazilianGantzer
February 23, 2012, 08:53 AM
He used a gun on the oni mission. Well, it wasn't shown but it was implied.

Implied how? Because the Rock Oni was torn apart? I don't think he needed a gun for that. This is the first time he's being shown with a weapon so I like to think this is the first time he's fought with a weapon. Plus, he wasn't even carrying a gun during the oni mission.

Charlie
February 23, 2012, 09:10 AM

I don't recall off hand but there might have been scenes where it was show he was carrying the swords on his leg some time in the past. Unless I'm off...

Although I'm not sure if was shown he ever used it. So this might be the first time.

Rye
February 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
Implied how? Because the Rock Oni was torn apart? I don't think he needed a gun for that. This is the first time he's being shown with a weapon so I like to think this is the first time he's fought with a weapon. Plus, he wasn't even carrying a gun during the oni mission.
Not the rock one, the foot soldiers. http://www.mangareader.net/97-1364-4/gantz/chapter-202.html He's holding a gun. And judging from how the corpses look, it was done with the gun. Oh yeah and here's a better shot of him having one during the mission. http://www.mangareader.net/97-1364-5/gantz/chapter-202.html Then after that he put the gun on the floor while talking to Takeshi.

kliff2004
February 23, 2012, 10:59 AM
Not the rock one, the foot soldiers. http://www.mangareader.net/97-1364-4/gantz/chapter-202.html He's holding a gun. And judging from how the corpses look, it was done with the gun. Oh yeah and here's a better shot of him having one during the mission. http://www.mangareader.net/97-1364-5/gantz/chapter-202.html Then after that he put the gun on the floor while talking to Takeshi.

damn dude, its fucking hilarious at time how little the gantz character care about other people.

I decided to read a little bit of the Kaze vs Rock alien fight. And I found it hilarious when kaze gets thrown into a building and he starts laughing.

He's laughing and realizes how much fun he's having, when the alien throws a car at him.

He easily avoids the car, only to have it crash into SEVERAL INNOCENT ON LOOKERS! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Then as kaze begins to fight, you see a poor innocent woman running across the panel ON FUCKING FIRE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Thats why I loved gantz so much. Cause the good guys really are so shitty at being good, and horrible awful things keep happening to innocent people lol

Enn
February 23, 2012, 11:29 AM
^ According to what I remember, no wonder Takeshi got afraid of him that time lol!

kliff2004
February 23, 2012, 11:39 AM
^ According to what I remember, no wonder Takeshi got afraid of him that time lol!

"YOUR NOT MUSCLE RIDER! YOU'RE A BAD MAN!"

I AM MUSCLE RIDER IM HERE TO PROTECT YOU

::dodges flying car::

::flying car kills 5 innocent people::

"YAY MUSCLE RIDER!"

Enn
February 23, 2012, 11:45 AM
^ Let us give Takeshi a benefit of a doubt and assume that he didn't see those 5 innocent people... :eyeroll

Ruhina
February 23, 2012, 11:55 AM
Who cares. Muscle Rider is now officially his father, the fact that he kept a picture of Takeshi his suit is more than Takeshi has ever had in life.

So when Kaze replied "yeah" when Kaiji asked if the kid was his, he really meant it.

kliff2004
February 23, 2012, 12:20 PM
Who cares. Muscle Rider is now officially his father, the fact that he kept a picture of Takeshi his suit is more than Takeshi has ever had in life.

So when Kaze replied "yeah" when Kaiji asked if the kid was his, he really meant it.

Something tells me you completely missed the point of this conversation lol

TheAwesomeOne
February 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
I did not see Kaze using a sword this chapter. Maybe I missed something but I only saw Kaze punching the brains out of the things head while Katou and Kaji used swords.

warbandit66
February 23, 2012, 07:48 PM
I'm late here it would seem...

I didn't like Reika at all but I didn't want to see her dead like that, it actually saddened me a little bit.

Did I really just see Kaze pummeling that mutant's head until he reached brain? That guy always over achieves when it comes to extraterrestrial population adjustment.

KetchikanAKGantzer
February 23, 2012, 11:40 PM
This was a very good chapter since they continued with the plot with Kuruno and it was cool seeing all the giants getting slaughtered.

Enn
February 24, 2012, 05:06 AM
I did not see Kaze using a sword this chapter. Maybe I missed something but I only saw Kaze punching the brains out of the things head while Katou and Kaji used swords.

I agree to this. I didn't see Kaze holding a sword. He was on the alien's head, sort of beating it.

kliff2004
February 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
I have a feeling IM going to enjoy this chapter.

M-Hario
February 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Scan is out, enjoy it: http://mangatopia.net/main/2012/02/engantz-0358/

Thanks to PotatoBaron for the raw and mote for translating the chapter!

kliff2004
February 24, 2012, 10:25 AM
Kei 1 better not get replaced with Kei 2 -.-

Good to see the manga progressing now. I liked this issue.

Judau Ashta
February 24, 2012, 12:39 PM
I don't remember the hammer head robots being that big. Weren't they the same size as human skyscapers last time?

kliff2004
February 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
I don't remember the hammer head robots being that big. Weren't they the same size as human skyscapers last time?

I dont think we have a frame of reference yet.

It looks to me like kei 1 is looking down on them.

GAT-X252
February 24, 2012, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Oku made the alien robots bigger than normal, he already did that with the gantz robots.

Airget
February 24, 2012, 02:04 PM
Kei1's battle seems odd, he's fighting against the enemy but in this case he kinda comes off as the antagonist, granted he can't help it. Though I Wonder if that gal would actually help Tae if she knew Kei was in the robot. It's interesting that she decided to help Tae which kind of gives off the feeling that she has no idea what this robot conflict is about or even the thought that Kei could be involved in this attack. The civilians seem to know as much about gantz as the civilians on earth.

Granted in the overall scheme the aliens are the ones taking in humans harvesting their blood, eating them as snacks and they seem to also be using them as bilogical weapons. Though ye gotta wonder how they managed to get this kind of tech, perhaps Gantz was setup to exterminate aliens that were seen as a threat to give data to alien races to be used against humans or Gantz was just a trap set by the aliens to gather data on the humans so they knew what to expect, but since humans are crafty they seem to be unable to do anything to actually eliminate the Gantz program. Or gantz could just be a means to balance the battlefield when a threatening force attacks an underdeveloped civilization.

Oku does seem to be doing some commentary on the failure of war by showing how regardless of what side you are on their are always civilians that get caught in the crossfire that want nothing to do with the war. Cherry can be seen as a terrorist who goes against the actual ideas of his side but because of his actions his side will start to look more like an enemy because they have proof of a Gantz player slaughtering aliens. The smart thing about the aliens is they've been seen to capturing people and the actually sight of killing humans has been hidden, but the Gantz team itself is seen openly killing aliens which won't really look good for them while we know the truth those who are blinded will always take the side that has the proof rather then the side that can only say what they know is the
truth.

2 weeks til next issue, I have to say those robot designs are neat when you actually look at them in an HD image, I wouldn't mind seeing them fight though I would like to see what Nishi is trying to do since it's been 7 chapters since anythings been mentioned about that. Maybe he's the one that ordered the giant robot attack in Kei1's area lol.

kliff2004
February 24, 2012, 04:33 PM
Kei's battle isn't odd at all.

One of the main theme's in gantz thats been here since the first ISSUE, was whether or not we are the good guys.

The aliens have been qusetioning the gantzers since day one, like when the Onion alien saw his son killed and was screaming at Katou about why he would kill his son for no reason. (I implied that, but obviously the dad wasn't to happy about his son being murdered)

In the Buddha mission, the 1000 arm ingests one of the gantzers brain so he can specifically ask "why the fuck are you killing innocent aliens?"

Remember when the alien got revenge on Kei and KILLED HIS ENTIRE CLASS?

So yeah........of course the gantzers are comming off as antagonists. Its been that way the entire manga.

And yes its already established in the manga that only the aliens know who these gantzers are.

The entire human population has been lead to believe that the gantzers are terrorist working to stop the negotiation between the aliens and the people. That very fact lets you know that the aliens know damn well who the gantzer are. The aliens are lying the humans of the world to get them to WILLINGLY come to the mother ship so they can be harvested.

The female alien I felt is helping tae because Kei showed the alien that theres no real difference between the two species. That they are one in the same. Hopefully that can foreshadow happy ending between the two species, but this is gantz so thats highly unlikely.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/3914/gantz_v31_ch335_by_whatever/17

Thats what she used to think of humans. Big change no?

Seems there are more people thinking that the gantz technology was sent by the aliens. No one can disprove this theory of course but what I will say is this.

I fucking hope thats not the case. Thats just shitty writing if you ask me "Hurr derrr we are gonna give these insects technology that can be used to kill us, so we can learn how to kill them. Hurrrr derrrrrr. Stepping on them is just to easy, lets give them equal fighting power hurrr derrr"

I dunno, if you think thats a clever idea, more power to you. I really hope Oku is a better writer than that.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I wouldn't be surprised if Oku made the alien robots bigger than normal, he already did that with the gantz robots.

I dont know what you mean by making the gantz robot bigger?

Do you mean to say that the robot in the Osaka arc and these robots are one in the same?

I dunno about that.

Darthdevil
February 24, 2012, 05:05 PM
So , Reika is now rly dead ... was unexpected ... well we all know that ll end up with reviving her but wow she is rly dead and now the scene is moving to the big battle , thats nice but i want to see more about the creators of gantz , those german freaks ...

GAT-X252
February 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
I dont know what you mean by making the gantz robot bigger?

Do you mean to say that the robot in the Osaka arc and these robots are one in the same?

I dunno about that.

I can't say for sure that they are the exact kind of reward but i can say that they look exactly the same and i already compared both robots since they first appeared in the 353. Damn, it even has a cockpit with the flying unit (bike) inside of it.

It could be a more "advanced" reward of the 100 point menu, or somehow the zaibatsu made the robots bigger...but they look the same except bigger.

kliff2004
February 24, 2012, 08:22 PM
I can't say for sure that they are the exact kind of reward but i can say that they look exactly the same and i already compared both robots since they first appeared in the 353. Damn, it even has a cockpit with the flying unit (bike) inside of it.

It could be a more "advanced" reward of the 100 point menu, or somehow the zaibatsu made the robots bigger...but they look the same except bigger.

if kei 1 is sitting in a flying unit while piolting that thing, Ill bite and say its a bigger version.

I have such a hard time seeing things in gantz at times.

Its either to much clutter, or to much black, or osmething.

York
February 24, 2012, 11:27 PM
Was still a little beside myself about how the last chapter was handled, but hopefully we're progressing a bit.
Nice that Kei2 didn't just wander off and disappear.

Kaze's still a bro.

More Mary/Kaze shipper fuel.

Guess they didn't forget about the invader's city renovators. Hope to see a bit more of Cherry soon.

Seems there are more people thinking that the gantz technology was sent by the aliens.
I guess there's the theory that the aliens didn't intend for Heinz to pick up their signals.

eddyb16
February 25, 2012, 02:40 AM
okay i am a bit confused with the alien ships kei1 and others are battling.... are the ships being punched or damaged any way by kei's mecha? or are they simply crashing against buildings and blowing up near the mechas? the art is so confusing now :-_-

also im pretty sure zaibatsu knows about kei's situation to be known as THE terrorist, i wouldn't be surprised if they are taking advantage of it, which led to the sending of kei1 to the mecha... idk but im getting the feeling the zaibatsu are working on something big right now, maybe this is just a decoy... or maybe they just wanna put the blame on kei1 and his group to not gather any unwanted attention

BrazilianGantzer
February 25, 2012, 09:01 AM

Somehow I had never noticed that! Thanks for pointing it out! :)

kliff2004
February 25, 2012, 10:36 AM
okay i am a bit confused with the alien ships kei1 and others are battling.... are the ships being punched or damaged any way by kei's mecha? or are they simply crashing against buildings and blowing up near the mechas? the art is so confusing now :-_-

also im pretty sure zaibatsu knows about kei's situation to be known as THE terrorist, i wouldn't be surprised if they are taking advantage of it, which led to the sending of kei1 to the mecha... idk but im getting the feeling the zaibatsu are working on something big right now, maybe this is just a decoy... or maybe they just wanna put the blame on kei1 and his group to not gather any unwanted attention

lol, I thought he just punched them. I've given up at times trying to figure out what IM seeing in a Gantz issue, cause they are so cluttered.

I want to know what those damned Zaibatsu are doing.

They were so fuckin interesting, and yet they haven't been shown in a friggen year or something.

I dont think it's them that sent Kei1 to the mecha, I think its the germanz. Well, assuming its the germanz that organised everyones missions since gantz started that is.

Darthdevil
February 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
Is this mound of earth a grave for Reika ?

playerdude
February 26, 2012, 03:02 AM
Seems there are more people thinking that the gantz technology was sent by the aliens. No one can disprove this theory of course but what I will say is this.

I fucking hope thats not the case. Thats just shitty writing if you ask me "Hurr derrr we are gonna give these insects technology that can be used to kill us, so we can learn how to kill them. Hurrrr derrrrrr. Stepping on them is just to easy, lets give them equal fighting power hurrr derrr"

I dunno, if you think thats a clever idea, more power to you. I really hope Oku is a better writer than that.
you're right, no one can disprove that. though Sebastian gives the reporter an explanation that's unknown if it was real or not. even coming up with the excuse that everything we know is a lie and that the Gantz world is not too far off from the movie The Matrix.
one thing Sebastian and Heinz's story did have in common was that the "aliens" that the technology came from was not being given to the humans because of that reason that you stated. in here (http://www.mangareader.net/97-1464-5/gantz/chapter-302.html), Sebastion gives a theory. that Heinz's daughter due to her irregular mental state is able to receive and relay signals from the Akashic records. from what I've gathered, is an all knowing source of data library (or something like that), that has data of past, current, and future information, and not just of earth but from the rest of the universe. (i hope i got it correctly, anyone do feel free to correct me as I'm also curious whether i got the basic idea of it or something).
whether the numeric code she received was from a future earth, is unknown. whether the numeric code came from a past, current, or a civilization and/or species that have yet to exist is also unknown. whether what Sebastian said is true or not, is unknown, but this is all the information we're giving.
and of course, that bit about the Matrix, so we can all just assume that Kei will be Neo, where he and his girl dies but saves all of humanity, and he can fly and stop bullets.

kliff2004
February 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
you're right, no one can disprove that. though Sebastian gives the reporter an explanation that's unknown if it was real or not. even coming up with the excuse that everything we know is a lie and that the Gantz world is not too far off from the movie The Matrix.
one thing Sebastian and Heinz's story did have in common was that the "aliens" that the technology came from was not being given to the humans because of that reason that you stated. in here (http://www.mangareader.net/97-1464-5/gantz/chapter-302.html), Sebastion gives a theory. that Heinz's daughter due to her irregular mental state is able to receive and relay signals from the Akashic records. from what I've gathered, is an all knowing source of data library (or something like that), that has data of past, current, and future information, and not just of earth but from the rest of the universe. (i hope i got it correctly, anyone do feel free to correct me as I'm also curious whether i got the basic idea of it or something).
whether the numeric code she received was from a future earth, is unknown. whether the numeric code came from a past, current, or a civilization and/or species that have yet to exist is also unknown. whether what Sebastian said is true or not, is unknown, but this is all the information we're giving.
and of course, that bit about the Matrix, so we can all just assume that Kei will be Neo, where he and his girl dies but saves all of humanity, and he can fly and stop bullets.

HOLY FLYING ASS FUCK MAN!

I dont know why I never fuckin saw that before. But then that explains everythign.

I'm not familiar with the "akasha Chronicle"

But I've read about various real life accounts of people whom claim to be Psychic, and that are able to tap in to this "realm of pure information" Some people referred to it as the "archives of Atlantis" where all knowable knowledge of the universe is stored.

If thats what they are referencing then, that explains everything there is to know about where the information is coming from. Thats a literal written explaination by oku himself.

I've talked about this subject in various classes through my college experience, and I had always liked the idea that, knowledge is something that exists independent of us, and we attempt to acquire it through whatever means we can.

This girl goes above and beyond research or "learning" taps into the concept of knowledge.

Thats so fucking cool mean, i never noticed that part THANK YOU =)

I guess what oku is trying to say is that god exists, but not in the way we perceive it.

God is the capacity of what is capable of happening in the universe. If you can harness that information, then the harnes the power of what it is to be a god.

Which I guess was why Sebastian was killing all those people. "is this world just a playground for the devil"

Well thats what happens with great power. You either use it for good (be god) or evil (be a devil)

warbandit66
February 26, 2012, 11:04 PM
Is this mound of earth a grave for Reika ?

I think it was a flower bed. We didn't see them actually bury Reika and they don't have shovels.

Judau Ashta
February 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
I dont think we have a frame of reference yet.

It looks to me like kei 1 is looking down on them.

Judging by the buildings, the gantzer's robots barely match the alien skyscrapers. While the alien robots seem to match/exceed the height of what's in the area and they're still partly in the water.

Darthdevil
February 27, 2012, 12:53 AM
I think it was a flower bed. We didn't see them actually bury Reika and they don't have shovels.

Yeah we didnt see them bury her , but Kurono kneels to it and we cant see her body , so it seems like she is buried in it .

kliff2004
February 27, 2012, 05:46 AM

I doubt they would need a shovel to dig a hole. Kaze probably just punched the ground and mad a hole >__>

RDN-567
February 27, 2012, 06:46 AM
^ it would be f*ing annoying if Oku would show the digging, when he didn't show Reika's fight. It's already is, if we remember how the new guys did wasted so many panels and chapters with introduction and handshaking and so..

princelucian
February 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Reika is the best female character in Gantz and finally also kurono has fallen for her, i think she is the real queen here and i hope she will revived soon somehow
I really love this character for his humanity, and kindness, it's a shame she died and tae stil lives.
I want tae dead as well.
I have made in honor for her a little fanfic focusing on her past, sixty pages, i hope oku will reply to our prey and revive her soon
I will release this fan fic once i complete on internet

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/gantzreikapast01.jpg/

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

here's the first

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/gantzreikapast01.jpg/

Forever Rain
February 28, 2012, 08:15 AM
Ok...it's starting to hit me. Tell me what you guys think of this prediction.

Kei 1 learns of the truth behind Gantz and finds out how both the parties of the war has been manipulated as well as hear from Tae about how many innocent giants died (like how we saw her see that girl) and Kei one tries to stop the war by taking out the manipulating party which means clearing some obstacles like the business men group that's controlling the Gantzers, the giants that are hunting him like blondie and.....

Meanwhile Kei 2 who have just been through a series of tragic events like seeing all those people gutted like fish, people killed by those aliens and having fanservice girl die has become more bitter and I'm predicting he'll become even more upset as in Gantz fashion (I hope) more members of his team die (hopefully all leaving him alone like the buddha chapter). Kei 2 being in despair. Makes a promise to end the Giants war and goes off fighting against them.

Eventually these two Kei run into each other to start a "the end is near" battle between Kei 1 vs Kei 2. I think all this would fit perfectly in Gantz fashion of tragedy, emptiness and display of how much a person can change through out a series of events. Those always seemed like the themes of Gantz to me.

Opinions?

Enn
February 28, 2012, 08:43 AM
^ (What is the reason) Why would Kei2 fight Kei1? I like the idea, but what about a third party bringing the aliens and humans against each other?

kliff2004
February 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
I actually think thats an increadible idea.

If it were well written it would take the concept of "inner struggle" to a whole new fuckin level.

right now, if kei 1 saw what cherri was doing to all the civilian aliens, Im sure he would have a problem with it.

So if Kei 2 went on a rampage for whatever reason, then there ya go.

One of the weird things about gantz is that I noticed that it just doesn't feel like there really is a main character.

Therers so many long standing characters that remained relavent, it kind of diminishes the significance of Kei.

Basically kei is the guy that just had the most shit happen to him.

Darthdevil
February 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
I would rly like to see another alien race/s joining this war , dat alien girl said many races would like to conquer the earth , so i dont think the giants are the only enemies out there .

kliff2004
February 28, 2012, 04:34 PM
I would rly like to see another alien race/s joining this war , dat alien girl said many races would like to conquer the earth , so i dont think the giants are the only enemies out there .

The skeleton aliens weren't the same race.

Kei2 just came out to see them fighting htis massive mammoth elephant alien thing.

Thats a different race.

I'd say they have plenty of different aliens to fight. and so far they are fuckin bad ass.

Would have much rather saw all the gantzers fighting that massive thing then watching Reika NOT fight, and just seeing her meaningless titties bounce around.

Darthdevil
February 29, 2012, 09:01 AM
The skeleton aliens weren't the same race.

Kei2 just came out to see them fighting htis massive mammoth elephant alien thing.

Thats a different race.

I'd say they have plenty of different aliens to fight. and so far they are fuckin bad ass.

Would have much rather saw all the gantzers fighting that massive thing then watching Reika NOT fight, and just seeing her meaningless titties bounce around.

I mean another race like the giants with nice technology , but i think that would be too much :D

EliteBeatAgents
March 01, 2012, 05:43 PM
Wait, wasn't it implied that gantz can't heal and create weapons? How the fuck are japanese business man creating these giants,bikes, and advance suits?

gnut
March 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Wait, wasn't it implied that gantz can't heal and create weapons? How the fuck are japanese business man creating these giants,bikes, and advance suits?

maybe these were only catastrophy options...seeing how this is a game and all.:amuse

GAT-X252
March 01, 2012, 06:26 PM
How the fuck are japanese business man creating these giants,bikes, and advance suits?

Their balls have full access, i guess.

They healed Sakurai so it's not surprising they can make weapons, robots, etc.

Shinsatsu
March 01, 2012, 08:44 PM
I really liked Reika; She was a great character who made a big contribution to the plot.
I can't wait to read more of this masterpiece... As always, the waiting is killing me.
As for the theory mentioned above, I think that it sounds very interesting! Two Keis fighting each other to defend what they believe in. Because if Tae stays alive, Kei1 will be able to "forgive" the alien species and help them and the humans against whoever is manipulating both sides. In the other hand, Kei2 will fight the giant aliens seeking revenge and he'll be the perfect nemesis for the story.

P.S: I miss Izumi :hip

kliff2004
March 01, 2012, 09:11 PM

I dont remember it ever being implied that gantz cant heal people. And that would be the worst implication ever made. Everytime someones transfered they are healed. You'd have to be reading the manga with a blind fold to have missed the fact taht people get healed every single time they teleport.

And I never assumed gantz was "creating" the weapons.

When Nishi got his H-gun, he just went into a closet and took them out (ignoring the fact that originally nishi wished for freedom. Worst Oku slip up if you ask me)

And when you saw how the black balls are made, everythign is made in a factory. If you hack the ball, you probably gain access to everything.

your just assuming that they are being created out of no where. Theres no reason for you to assume this at all.

Everythings made in a factory. IF you hack the ball you have access to everything.

Thats that.

playerdude
March 02, 2012, 12:27 PM
I dont remember it ever being implied that gantz cant heal people. And that would be the worst implication ever made. Everytime someones transfered they are healed. You'd have to be reading the manga with a blind fold to have missed the fact taht people get healed every single time they teleport.
it was implied here (http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/333/18) that Gantz can no longer heal or revive people. i believe that weapons were also mentioned somewhere before. the Zaibatsus' are the only ones that we're aware of that have full access.

also when Nishi got an H/Z-gun instead of choosing the option to be released free, you have to remember that they were already released. Gantz told them "finished" or something like that next to their picture. they were now free and they get to keep their memories. why would Nishi choose to being free and have his memory erased when he is already free now, and he gets to keep his gear and memory. so i wouldn't consider that as a slip up.

kliff2004
March 03, 2012, 11:57 AM
it was implied here (http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/333/18) that Gantz can no longer heal or revive people. i believe that weapons were also mentioned somewhere before. the Zaibatsus' are the only ones that we're aware of that have full access.

also when Nishi got an H/Z-gun instead of choosing the option to be released free, you have to remember that they were already released. Gantz told them "finished" or something like that next to their picture. they were now free and they get to keep their memories. why would Nishi choose to being free and have his memory erased when he is already free now, and he gets to keep his gear and memory. so i wouldn't consider that as a slip up.

Hmm, about Nishi, thanks for clearing that up, I hadn't realized that took place after they were finished.

But about gantz not being able to heal people. I see your point with that.

Can't imagine why he assumed no one could be healed.

He had made that comment because Kei2 assumed Gantz was on his side and was going ot help out. Which he was right. Then gantz tried to bring someone back right, and it didn't work?

But Cherry did lose his arm when the zaibatsu teleported him into the city to kill people, then got his arm back soon as they were teleported back.

Probably best to chalk that up to Oku's nothing thinking out his dialogue so well.

I always assumed that just being teleported reloaded any missing data besides your "soul" data

playerdude
March 03, 2012, 01:33 PM
Can't imagine why he assumed no one could be healed.

He had made that comment because Kei2 assumed Gantz was on his side and was going ot help out. Which he was right. Then gantz tried to bring someone back right, and it didn't work?

But Cherry did lose his arm when the zaibatsu teleported him into the city to kill people, then got his arm back soon as they were teleported back.

Probably best to chalk that up to Oku's nothing thinking out his dialogue so well.

I always assumed that just being teleported reloaded any missing data besides your "soul" data
well we can assume that probably one or a few members of Kaiji's team got injured and tried to use Gantz to heal them or something and it didn't work. it did seem like he was speaking from experience as if he has already tried reviving and healing. he was right about the reviving part, so we could assume that he's also right about the healing part. and he did seem to know quite a bit that the Tokyo team did not know about. he even surprised Nishi about that info. from the way he said it, healing and teleporting seems to be separate features that Gantz has for 1 to be disabled while the other one is working perfectly.

as for Sakurai having his armed healed, that was due to the Zaibatsus. unlike Kei2's rescue group and the Tokyo Gantz sphere where Kaiji stated it couldn't heal or revive, the Zaibatsus have full control of the Gantz spheres and all of its features. which is why his arm was healed. if Cherry were to be teleported by the Tokyo sphere and his arm was healed, then that just blew Kaiji's statement out of the water. but it wasn't the Tokyo sphere that teleported and healed Cherry, it was the Zaibatsus' spheres.

Poneglyph420
March 03, 2012, 03:30 PM
I'm guessing if the Zaibatsu creeps have more knowledge of what's going on.. So do the members of other power structures worldwide... Especially the Americans and Chinese... I really hope that we get to know more on where on the Zaibatsu guys get their intel.

Also, I'm shattered that Reika has died... Seriously not just for the to die for figure, but her character.. and the whole Kei thing...
So glad Kei finally expressed his love for her... Just too late.

Man I'm pumped!

princelucian
March 04, 2012, 02:55 AM
i hope at least a happy ending for reika, she deserves it

Enn
March 04, 2012, 05:55 AM
as for Sakurai having his armed healed, that was due to the Zaibatsus. unlike Kei2's rescue group and the Tokyo Gantz sphere where Kaiji stated it couldn't heal or revive, the Zaibatsus have full control of the Gantz spheres and all of its features. which is why his arm was healed. if Cherry were to be teleported by the Tokyo sphere and his arm was healed, then that just blew Kaiji's statement out of the water. but it wasn't the Tokyo sphere that teleported and healed Cherry, it was the Zaibatsus' spheres.

Oh man, I can't actually remember when Oku showed that it was the Zaibatsus who transferred Cherry... anyway, I wish to see more of them.

gryphonZark
March 04, 2012, 08:11 PM
OK so Gantz may have jumped the shark form me now

[1] the all could have stayed and finished of face rib man (also this seems to theme of the week natrua has a face rib too atm) thus nedless stupid u-tactical death of la boobs

[2] Those alien gigier city stompers were no where near as big as that, they would be at best knee height

the only posible explination is that some sort of space compression tech lets them scale to choice

[3] Also pointless monster killing by main group does not into plot advancement, not even cool fight like buddah mission

one other point is I noted th building that Kunro is standing on is human size, so either evidence of scaling or some human city was beam up

Shion Izumi
March 05, 2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah I bet the Zaibatsu guys have full access to the spheres because they

1) Healed Cherry
2) Just transported like 50 giga mechs which is the strongest weapon in the Gantz arsenal.

They can no doubt revive anybody and heal anybody. I bet Nishi will figure out how to hack the sphere or something.

kliff2004
March 05, 2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah I bet the Zaibatsu guys have full access to the spheres because they

1) Healed Cherry
2) Just transported like 50 giga mechs which is the strongest weapon in the Gantz arsenal.

They can no doubt revive anybody and heal anybody. I bet Nishi will figure out how to hack the sphere or something.

I don't think its the Zaibatsu that transfered Kei into the mech.

The way the mech was speaking to the passengers made me think it was the actual people that control gantz.

Stating that kei was on his "final mission" wouldn't really make sense for the zaibatsu to say.

GAT-X252
March 05, 2012, 07:13 PM
Actually, the zaibatsu (the mustache) talk exactly the same.

it's the first thing you notice if you know japanese.

kliff2004
March 06, 2012, 10:19 AM
Actually, the zaibatsu (the mustache) talk exactly the same.

it's the first thing you notice if you know japanese.

Damn really?

I had a japanese friend along time ago that had showed me how there are so many things in manga and anime that don't translate over.

More so than the japanese sense of humor with play on words.

But if the zaibatsu talk the same, then thats that lol.

I have no idea whom transfered kei now.

playerdude
March 06, 2012, 11:12 AM
here (http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/353/5) at the top left panel, suggests that Kei1 knows who they are. Kei has never met the ones that control Gantz overall, but he has met the Zaibatsus. and seeing that he recognized them the moment they started announcing what was going on, one can easily assume that it's them.

princelucian
March 07, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm writing this little fan manga on Reika and the facts before her entering in Gantz, she is my favourite character, for her beuty and kindness, i hope she we'll be revived soon, i made 17 pages (of 60 i think), not very good at drawing, i hope you like
http://imageshack.us/g/715/gantzreikapast01.jpg/
forgive my bad english