PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Next crew breaking moment?

Josef K.
January 28, 2012, 04:01 AM
I have to admit although the most sad and emotional parts of One Piece, they are also probably the best, the moments of Robin and Usopp leaving, and Kuma separating the crew, we have to see that these are probably the most plot driving moments, after these moments the crew emerges stronger than ever. So do you think some might leave the crew at this point still? Who might leave? Will they leave the moment they get to their dreams? Some of them have dreams that may not guarantee they will follow Luffy till Raftel, or is this impossible due to the bonds of the crew? Even though in my opinion their bonds are still not as strong as they should be.

raDar
January 28, 2012, 05:36 AM
Really hard to think of what's next. Chopper and Robin's never got their "Number" chapters yet, so I'm leaning for something connected with the two. It is a bit too far-fetched if it's Oda we're talking about but a death of a crew member, maybe? It is really next to impossible but if ever Oda would write that, it would absolutely shed an ocean of tears.

Josef K.
January 28, 2012, 05:43 AM
Death would go as a final result to an skirmish between the crew. I still insist that this story is more about the crew than the whole wars and Pirate king stuff, even adventure comes second next to their relationship. I am still a supporter of a tragic arc with Sanji involved, it was kind of hinted as well, in the FI arc with him losing blood and such. I suppose finding All Blue would be involved as well. Next to Usopp he is the least "stable" crew character in my view. Robin as well indeed, she is still mysterious and probably is hiding tons of stuff with her encounters with Dragon which may also open a door for a tragic and twisty arc.

raDar
January 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
Hmm, yeah I also noticed the "I found All Blue! I'mma stay here!" foreshadowing in Fishman Island. This would defeat my (and others') prediction that All Blue is somewhat near Raftel and that all the Strawhat's dreams will be fulfilled after Luffy becomes the Pirate King.

Next to Usopp he is the least "stable" crew character in my view.
I had the feeling that after his reunion in Water 7, Usopp became one of the most stable in the crew together with Nami (which I think is the most stable).

Josef K.
January 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah Nami is stable due to her dream kind of fitting with Luffy's, to draw a map of the world she will surely follow Luffy to the end, to Raftel. Usopp just has that feeling about him that he might pop at any time, not to mention I am still waiting for the second introduction of Sogeking. :XD

And yeah all the nose bleeding and referencing All Blue was kind of foreshadowing in my view, indeed.

TheBlackLotus
January 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
Sogeking might make a new appearance once they get to Elbaf, and Usopp may want to stay when they arrive, but chances are he will stay.

And SH have already have a member who died (yohohoho!), but more seriously with the going merry chapter.

MMolch
January 30, 2012, 09:24 AM
hm, the only members who didn't leave the crew temporarily are zoro, sanji, franky and brooke (nami -> arlong pirates, usopp -> merry stuff, robin -> wg, chopper -> foxxy :P ). i somehow think that franky will get a more important role in the nw ( http://www.mangareader.net/103-2542-19/one-piece/chapter-435.html -> frankys parents?) ... but i'm only speculating here

noonethere
January 30, 2012, 09:45 AM
@raDar: Maybe Noah's purpose is to take all the fishpeople to All Blue..........
I also think that we will have two events that will eventually lead to Robin's and Chopper's chapter number. Robin should already have had a chapter during EL but since she did not, IMHO she will get one when she discovers the the Void century and will have to make a decision what she should do after knowing the truth and the Will of the D.
Just like Ussop had some inferiority complex that prevented his complete integration in the crew befor W7, Chopper has some similar problems due to his innocence and naivety and lack of maturity (e.g. After the timeskip, he really believed Luffy to have changed and was nearly going to leave the crew despite fervently believing in him for 2 years). IMHO He will probably gain some maturity when he learns about Dr Hilluk's past ( probably as a violent pirate - incidentally the sakura island that Dr Hilluk said to have cured him resembles the island where Rogers told WB the will of the D, so it is probably in the new world)

UnknownMugiwara
January 30, 2012, 10:32 AM
Hilluk was a thief if I remember correctly :)

kkck
January 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
At the moment I can't particularly imagine anything that could lead to a new rupture of the crew. Sanji is on his way to finding the all blue, zoro so far seems on his way to being the strongest swordsman and luffy so far is not an obstacle, robin could not have a better shot at the true history with another crew, the sunny does not seem to be improperly taken care of so franky is fine, nami has not had any trouble making her map, ussop has the best shot at becoming a warrior of the sea by continuing his journey with everyone and there is no reason for chopper's dream to be stopped by the crew so far... Dreamwise at least, there is no reason for any strawhat to quit so far and for the most part that is the only reason a crewmember could have in order to consider such a thing.

Now, a little less realistic but still worth considering is the crew seeing a deficiency in luffy's leadership. be is strength-wise or simply because luffy's recklessness finally got them in more trouble than what they could handle it is something that could eventually happen and from which luffy would have to learn. This would be an issue with zoro in particular who is somewhat less forgiving than the rest of the crewmembers. He was the one voice of reason when it came to robin's betrayal during the water 7 arc and was certainly the coldest one when it came to ussop's fit after all. His loyalty to luffy is unquestionable however I have no doubt that if he in particular were to see a deficiency in any particular crewmember (including luffy) he would act no different than from when ussop had a fight with luffy and be as adamant in his position as he was before (and otherwise make a ruckus and leave as he said he would do if ussop was admitted back without a proper apology).

matzik1212
January 30, 2012, 02:00 PM
I don't think a breaking moment will occur not now not in the future. You guys seem to underestimate the bonds they have , bonds that only strengthened over the timeskip. For me it became clear the moment Luffy spoke to them for the 1st time after 2y when he apologized for his selfishness that his nakama know the real Luffy and that they accept him as he is. I mean even if Luffy's requests have always been insane in the end everyone conformed with the idea that there's no turning back when he decides something. The person i expect less to judge his decisions is Zoro who completely trusts Luffy , beside Luffy swore to protect his nakama with his life back then when the tragedy with his brother happened. Now he only has them to care for. :(
If break moments appear in the crew at this point then why did they work for those 2y , remember that all the SH's and i mean all trained in order to become strong for Luffy's sake. Do you think they will turn against Luffy right now and suddenly say things like : "hey you know you're not fit to be the captain anymore" or "i don't wanna be part of the crew anymore" , when they reached their final destination which is the NW ? I personally don't think so. :^_^

kkck
January 30, 2012, 03:31 PM
The bonds are unmistakably important however even with them there has been trouble in the past. Seriously, the ussop bit could have threatened the crew as a whole. To be completely honest I don't think zoro from ennies lobby is that different from zoro now in regards to the loyalty to the crew ( he has been fully dedicated to it since he swore to luffy that he would not lose again all those chapters back) however even then the ussop bit caused him to threaten to leave the crew.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v35/c333/17.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v45/c438/4.html

The strawhats rely on luffy and in turn luffy relies on them. Heck, they all rely on each other to fulfill their respective roles. The whole point of the timeskip was to become strong enough to fulfill their roles in many ways. In this particular regard, how are the strawhats supposed to react if one of their crewmembers simply cannot fulfill his role? What if nami can't navigate? What if luffy is not an adequate leader? What if sanji can't cook? What if zoro gets defeated by every enemy he meets? What if robin can't fight or read ponegliphs? what if franky can't repair the ship? What if brook can't fight or play music? What if ussop can't aim? Obviously they all can do all those things however given the place where they are going an scenario where a member for a number of reasons can't carry his own weight is not that far out there to say the least. The fact that the crew being as close as it was went through all those things during the ennies lobby arc is more than enough evidence that an scenario where the crew might break up for a number of reasons is feasible.

frontaLobotomy
January 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
I've never ruled out the death of one of the Straw Hat Pirates, it's just hard to see given so much time has been put in to developing their characters, and Oda has only been explicit with death in a few instances. I can't see the crew breaking off again soon, if ever. We've had a timeskip, so each member had the chance to not bother coming back. They all trained to get stronger for Luffy, as well as their own personal dreams. Those dreams are tied in with Luffy's journey, so it's hard for me to see there being a time where they would need to break off before they reached Raftel, or wherever the end of the story leads to.

zerocooldx
January 31, 2012, 12:05 AM
I think its going to have be a good while before the crew has another "breaking moment". Mainly due to the fact that over the course of the time-skip the motivation for the SH's has been to get strong enough so that what happened at Shabondy Archipelago wouldn't happen again.

matzik1212
January 31, 2012, 06:21 AM
The strawhats rely on luffy and in turn luffy relies on them. Heck, they all rely on each other to fulfill their respective roles. The whole point of the timeskip was to become strong enough to fulfill their roles in many ways. In this particular regard, how are the strawhats supposed to react if one of their crewmembers simply cannot fulfill his role? What if nami can't navigate? What if luffy is not an adequate leader? What if sanji can't cook? What if zoro gets defeated by every enemy he meets? What if robin can't fight or read ponegliphs? what if franky can't repair the ship? What if brook can't fight or play music? What if ussop can't aim? Obviously they all can do all those things however given the place where they are going an scenario where a member for a number of reasons can't carry his own weight is not that far out there to say the least. The fact that the crew being as close as it was went through all those things during the ennies lobby arc is more than enough evidence that an scenario where the crew might break up for a number of reasons is feasible.

They spend those 2y for the sake of fulfilling their roles the best they could , i mean if the SH's managed to fulfill their roles right from the start i doubt now when their determination to help Luffy become PK is at the highest peak they would start throwing tantrums leading the crew to a breaking moment.
They have grown both mentally and physically IMO so i don't expect something like this in the future :)

Uriel
February 01, 2012, 09:32 AM
I think that the events involving the last poneglyph and the war that will upcome, plus the events of Fishman Island being compeltely destroyed as predicted will be the next breaking moment.

I think bonds in the crew wont be an issue and ahead this arc is shown to have adventure and action, but dram maybe be "pushed" for later.

k-dom
February 04, 2012, 02:46 AM
The fact that the crew being as close as it was went through all those things during the ennies lobby arc is more than enough evidence that an scenario where the crew might break up for a number of reasons is feasible.

To me Enies lobby, rather than a proof it can happen again, is more a sign that it won't happen again. It was the moment when the crew questions itself, now they have overcome it and i don't see any reason why a member would leave from his own will now. Oda better has to give a fucking good reason if it ever happens
Look at Robin in the last chapter ( punk hazard ) all smiles and little hearts. Is it someone who can leave just because she had not a number chapter ?

Kaiten
February 10, 2012, 09:08 PM
It could happen again immediately before they reach Raftel. A crisis of friendship the moment before they reach their goal would make sense, and it could be done without rehashing old plot.

Xerous
February 11, 2012, 03:44 AM
If anything could see such a thing happen with one of the new recruits since the bonds won't be as strong who knows maybe usopp will get to use zoros speech from the W7 arc.

Schabrak
February 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
I can't think of a reason for Oda to create such a situation again, it just wouldn't make sense Imo. Wasn't their comradeship tested enough already? He gave them moments of doubt, long periods of growing together, tested their bonds with each arc. They've reached their final part of t heir journey, worked their hardest to be ready and for whatevery they aren't Oda's got to make them breach through because of their friendship[like with FT, but far less ass-pull]. A crisis before the end, that'S like confessing that their build up throughout the manga was a failure.

Aikidoka
February 17, 2012, 01:42 PM
^Seconded. At this point it would take a major event or a long setup for another crew-breaking moment to happen, IMO.

beck26
February 22, 2012, 01:07 AM
next crew breaking moment is after the final fight...all their dreams are completed and they will disband. end of one piece

tret16
February 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
Actually I don't think many people realize that some of the crew members haven't been part of the crew for very long. I mean if you think about it, they have spent more time away from each other then they have together durring this whole ordeal. I mean the longest crew member had only been in the crew for only a year, and that was zoro. Afterwards they were away from each other for two. Brook had been part of the crew for at most probably a month and franky was probably only with the crew for three months at most. So if they came back after all that time apart, then I'm pretty sure that they aren't goin to seperate, even if they get into a disagreement.

zelllogan
February 25, 2012, 03:06 AM
Actually I don't think many people realize that some of the crew members haven't been part of the crew for very long. I mean if you think about it, they have spent more time away from each other then they have together durring this whole ordeal. I mean the longest crew member had only been in the crew for only a year, and that was zoro. Afterwards they were away from each other for two. Brook had been part of the crew for at most probably a month and franky was probably only with the crew for three months at most. So if they came back after all that time apart, then I'm pretty sure that they aren't goin to seperate, even if they get into a disagreement.
Both Franky & Brook did wait for two years. In my opinion, there won't be a "next crew breaking moment". I think the idea itself is unrealistic. That crew is now clearly bound together & nothing will tear them apart.