PDA

View Full Version : Predictions What is crocodile up to?

kkck
January 30, 2012, 12:44 PM
Ok, we all saw crocodile after the war with Mr 1. As we all saw he was bent on heading towards the new world and try to once again to conquer the GL as a pirate, perhaps hoping to fill the gap left by WB. Now, what I thought would be interesting to discuss is what exactly he could have been doing in the new world on his own.

As we all saw, mr 1 was not worth a damn to put it mildly. In all honestly, people a lot stronger than him would not even be fodder in the new world. His 50 mil bounty is nothing, even a guy worth 94 mil was borderline a nameless pirate in shank's crew. In this particular regard crocodile appeared to intend on going to the new world basically alone. As we saw him he did not have a crew. Gathering strong crewmembers is not easy either, people of caliber are not quite something you just ran into. Even luffy's crewmates needed 2 years to be ready for the new world.... So is crocodile going to the new world to look for crewmates? Or is he perhaps planning on cooperating with a new world crew or yonko? Or is he perhaps looking for another country to take over, which realistically speaking should not be all that difficult.

tret16
January 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
I'm actually curious about what he's up too also... Like you said he doesn't really have a crew, and finding a crew in the new world is borderline impossible concidering the only pirates that go in the new world are mostly pirates that are strong enough to be captains or already a part of a strong crew... The best i could see is him and Mr.1 goin around and taking out smaller crews and hoping that they can win them over to there side... other then that i see nothing but failure for them both.

kkck
January 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
Well, seeing failure around them is perhaps a tad extreme IMO. Difficulty in gathering a crew is only an issue if crocodile attempts to move in a somewhat conventional way. The baroque works guys might not have been strong however there is still the fact that crocodile had a several thousand man army and ships behind it. Crocodile has to come up with a different structure for his crew in the future. Being the capable man that he is it wouldn't be strange if he hires a few pirates which is no small deal in the new world. Ultimately he is someone the yonko would want as an ally considering crocodile is indeed powerful and has a fully functional brain behind him. Crocodile is ultimately massively uncooperative however I could still see him allied to a yonko for his own reasons.

Regino
January 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
We dont know when Crocodile got his bounty and when he was nominated for the Shichibukai and thats the crucial point from my point of view.

I consider him way stronger than the 50 million and I think it would be easy to make an impact in the New World. I agree that Mr1 is to weak for a leading position in a crew operating in the New World.

Kaiten
January 31, 2012, 02:34 AM
I read on the wikia that Crocodiles bounty would have been doubled had his affiliation with Baroque Works been known before becoming a Shichibukai. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties#Shichibukai_ex-bounties I can't find the chapter where this was said so take it for what it is.

kkck
January 31, 2012, 09:14 AM
I think that was said in an SBS

eefrit
January 31, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'm pretty sure Crocodile can round up some New World Pirates. I mean he himself is one of the Strongest Pirates in the sea, I'm sure there are many starting New World Pirates who would like to join a former Warlord. And I wouldn't discount Daz Bones so early. Mihawk recognized him. That has to mean something as he only takes interest in few people. I'm pretty sure by the time Crocodile comes back, he will have a decent crew. As for what he is doing right now, I'm pretty sure he is thinking how much more interesting the sea has gotten now that Luffy and company are back.

kkck
January 31, 2012, 11:23 AM
Well, rounding up rookies is not in itself a challege.... Even the strawhat impersonators managed that much within a short time. The issue is gathering people who are worth a damn here. Gathering a few supernova level people won't help him at all, a serious enemy and the lot of them would fall like flies. Realistically speaking he needs a crew capable of fighting in the new world and surviving which is no easy task... Remember the strawhats against the pacifista? How about caribou vs pekoms? Rookies can have some relevance in a powerful crew but by no means they make a powerful crew on their own. Das could have grown stronger during the timeskip, that would be the only salvageable turn he could take, otherwise I really don't see how he would be worth much... I don't think crocodile will aim for conquest with a traditional pirate crew. Specially considering crocodile is not that high up within the high tiers himself, it would make more sense for crocodile to aim for a different sort of organization more along the lines of the old baroque works.

mattiaildivino
January 31, 2012, 12:09 PM
crocodile wanted to be the pirate king,as we saw in the minicomic of miss golden week. afterwards we known that he was defeated by WB(probably the one who cut his hand).I think crocodile left his dream because of that defeat,which forced him to stop being a pirate. now that WB ahs dead and Croco has understood some things through rufy (I believe he is gooder than how he was before the war) and now he is up to become the pirate king again.

Kaiten
January 31, 2012, 01:08 PM
Well, rounding up rookies is not in itself a challege.... Even the strawhat impersonators managed that much within a short time. The issue is gathering people who are worth a damn here. Gathering a few supernova level people won't help him at all, a serious enemy and the lot of them would fall like flies. Realistically speaking he needs a crew capable of fighting in the new world and surviving which is no easy task... Remember the strawhats against the pacifista? How about caribou vs pekoms? Rookies can have some relevance in a powerful crew but by no means they make a powerful crew on their own. Das could have grown stronger during the timeskip, that would be the only salvageable turn he could take, otherwise I really don't see how he would be worth much... I don't think crocodile will aim for conquest with a traditional pirate crew. Specially considering crocodile is not that high up within the high tiers himself, it would make more sense for crocodile to aim for a different sort of organization more along the lines of the old baroque works.

Mr 1 is still with him, a worthy first mate and good start. Crocodile is a wily enough pirate that I am sure he knows where to look for a good crew, if that is his intention. I am not actually certain he will be back for a third time, other than making cameo's, but you never know. I don't really have any objective, logical reason for this, just kind of a hunch.

Uriel
February 01, 2012, 09:21 AM
It has been 2 years. Let Daz Bones grow enough to worth. And I'm sure Crocodile in 2 years can at least gather 5 member that MAY survive to New World. I think He understood for Luffy that determination is what needs a Pirate King.

mattiaildivino
February 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
Mr 1 is still with him, a worthy first mate and good start. Crocodile is a wily enough pirate that I am sure he knows where to look for a good crew, if that is his intention. I am not actually certain he will be back for a third time, other than making cameo's, but you never know. I don't really have any objective, logical reason for this, just kind of a hunch.

why shouldn't he come back? oda has always been drawing the previous characters(even in the miniseries),and an important character such crocodile must have a great role in the NW for what concerns rufy.

suraj5898
August 03, 2012, 01:56 AM
Crocodile and mr 1 is by any angle is not weak they r vary powerful and mr 1 is very loyal to Crocodile .
and for what kkck said "Gathering strong crewmembers is not easy either, people of caliber are not quite something you just ran into. Even luffy's crewmates needed 2 years to be ready for the new world" but he forgot other supernova crow who go in new world without training and from what we have see till now LAW and EUSTASS KID made name and that also without any training so u dont really needed to do extra training for new world . i didnt see luffy and other become monster and they beat all there new world opponent easily because of there 2 years training. and if u look that luffy train with Silvers Rayleigh, zoro train with Mihawk, Sanji train under Emporio Ivankov and robin was with Monkey D. Dragon. result of their training didnt look that good