PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

THM Nindo
February 03, 2012, 08:55 PM
Hijacking the first post, I'll be updating it with every info on the next arc~ Discuss away the new arc here! :vbunny

Vol.1 - Birth
- Soi Fon's left arm has been restored
- Genryusai's arm is still gone
- Unohana will unveil her braid and release her Zankpakuto
- Rose is the new captain for Squad 3

Vol.2 - Stage
- The concept for the new location is like a Palace of Ice
- It is not located in Soul Society or Karakura Town, but it is unexpectedly close and underground
- Possible chance of Espada reappearing. If one happens to appear though, many will follow
- Kyoraku will go Bankai and we will find out the history of his pink haori
- Shinji is the new captain for Squad 5
- Kensei is the new captain for Squad 9
- Possibility of relationship developement between Hinamori and Shinji
- Renji's Bankai has been perfected and its form has changed
- Nell is most likely going to appear

Vol.3 - Restart

- Kubo has been planning this arc since the end of the Soul Society Arc
- The upcoming Arc will be the Final Arc
- The next Arc will take place soon/directly after the Lost Shinigami Arc
- The foundation for the next Arc will be about certain "bodies" that Mayuri researched about in the past
- Rangiku's Past will play a key part in the story
- Hitsugaya's Bankai has been perfected
- Some Vice-Captains possibly obtaining Bankai. Yumichika is a good choice. Izuru's Bankai would be really gross
- Possibility of a flashback of when Kenpachi became Captain (Possibility low)
- Mayuri now looks like a Witch Doctor/Shaman
- Flashback of how Rukia felt when she was offered the position of Vice-Captain for Squad 13
- The mystery of Ichigo's Birth
- The meaning of the "True Blood" that Grand Fisher mentioned
- The relationship between Isshin & Ryuuken and the thing they seem to be hiding
- The secret of why Ichigo and Kaien look so similar
- The truth behind the death of Ichigo's mother
- Kon will be reappearing
- Hiyori's life and the other Vizard
- Hollows are being destroyed by someone/something
- Possibility of Aizen reappearing but in restraints
- Possibility of flashback of how Yoruichi and Urahara met over 100 years ago
- Zero Squad will be appearing
- The Soul King
- An event will happen that will leave Seireitei in ruin
- The enemies are small in numbers but increase over time
- Kubo laughs and hints at the end of the interview that the Shinigami could possibly know who the new enemies are

Tite Kubo just announced that the next arc in Bleach will be the last!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc
https://twitter.com/#!/manganewsjapon/status/164678275938009088

So, I thought about creating a thread to discuss about it.

What are your feelings about this manga coming to an end?
How long do you think this last arc will be?
Who will be the last boss?

------------------------------------

Most likely in this final arc, we will finally learn more about the Soul King and the Zero squad.
The last arc will probably be about them.

Aizen will probably come back as well in some way... although I'm not sure he will be against Ichigo...
The last time they met, Ichigo even asked if Aizen was really that bad...

My guess is that the last boss is the Soul King!

WaveBossa
February 04, 2012, 12:21 AM
The fact that Ichigo has no end-goal, no higher purpose, and no real direction has always troubled me.
He isn't striving to be a hokage like Naruto, or a Pirate King like Luffy. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself but it does affect how the manga ends will actually matter. That having been said, Ichigo vs the Soul King does absolutely nothing in terms of conflict resolution and introducing the 0 Squad will have nothing more than a "cool cameo" factor.

Ichigo heeding the words of Aizen could be interesting, but 99% of what he said complete BS so who even knows if Aizen's monologuing can be trusted.

I guess now is a good time as ever to begin the final countdown for Bleach. But to be quite honest with you, if this manga ends without answering some pretty important questions, I for one, will be greatly disappointed.

Enn
February 04, 2012, 07:42 AM
Finally (is what I can say)! I just hope the final arc will answer questions, and I am liking the idea that it will most likely involve getting to some characters' pasts. I'll be pragmatic in taking this so that I wouldn't feel disappointed whatever the end will be.

yumimi
February 04, 2012, 07:54 AM
I just wish the arc name was announced >_<

Haha I believe that Kubo shall bring it all together somehow =D or at least most of it ^^

Metadeth
February 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
Well I must say that this is a surprise! There's so many things unrevealed and Kubo plans to wrap it up in one whole (big) arc?

- Probably bigger than the rest combined: Zanpakuto names, shikai, bankais, of all (Present and Former) Captains, Lieutenants, and Visored. (He better reveal all of them and throw all the characters we've been waiting for [Unohana, Yachiru, Nanao, Isane, Chojiro, Nemu) into the battlefield.
- Isshin, Urahara, and Aizen's backstories
- Royal Family + Squad Zero
- How Ichigo was born (Shinigami and human shouldn't have conceived so easily)
- The true nature of Orihime's power. (Uryu is a Quincy, Sado is a Fullbringer, wth is she? Just saying similar to a Zanpakuto doesn't help much)
- Surviving Espada and other Arrancars
- Kon! I hate to admit it, but I want to know what happened to the little bastard
- Remaining Fullbringers, will they return?

Bonus: Please have someone use Hado 88 and make it a hit. No Bakudo 81 a.k.a. B-please to counter it.

Darjaille
February 04, 2012, 08:56 AM
Check the opening post to see all the info we have right now.

So....... Kubo, thank you :luv

I really believe in him. Everything important will be explained. The Quincy Theme which is basically confirmed now will be interesting I'm sure. Uryuu should stop being useless. I'm preeeeeeetty hyped *OO*

Anyway, my guess is that the arc will last ~5 to 6 years. There is a lot of stuff to happen, I guess every major to minor (Captains and Lieutenants, Nakama and Arrancars) will have a fight....

So basically, what I believe in:
Quincy/Magic Hunters aren't extinct (well, not only Ryuuken and Uryuu are alive)
They either survived and hid, or they made a pact with shinigami/or shinigami made a pact cuz Quincy's were too strong
The secret of Isshin and Ryuuken is about the remaining Quincy's
Masaki MAYBE was a Quincy /not sure about this one, but I start to believe in it/
Ichigo may end up as the only one, perfect hybrid. Human-Quincy, Shinigami, Vizard, Hollow, Fullbringer. Maybe that's what the King is, the perfect hybrid too.
Mayuri won't live long enough to see the end of manga :p

Miyagi
February 04, 2012, 10:13 AM
I think this final arc will last more than 200 chapters, perhaps 5-6 years. Similar to Arrancar arc, it will have sub-arcs like HM arc, FKT arc, etc. I suppose we will see everybody's shikai/bankai/other techniques. The part about enemies increasing over time is interesting though, I wonder what that means.

THM Nindo
February 04, 2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for all the new info Darjaille!

I'm happy to see that Kubo is expecting to answer pretty much every question we had.
I was afraid he would try to finish it up quickly without explaining everything.

With all the information he has to give us (and considering his trademark slow pace), I think that the arc could definitely be longer than 200 chapters.
I think we're still good for another 5 years of material.

It's sad to see one of the big three manga finishing, but honestly, I don't think Naruto has much more time left than Bleach.
Only One Piece is still good for another 10 years.

The Newbie.
February 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
The fact that Ichigo has no end-goal, no higher purpose, and no real direction has always troubled me.
He isn't striving to be a hokage like Naruto, or a Pirate King like Luffy. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself but it does affect how the manga ends will actually matter. That having been said, Ichigo vs the Soul King does absolutely nothing in terms of conflict resolution and introducing the 0 Squad will have nothing more than a "cool cameo" factor.

Ichigo heeding the words of Aizen could be interesting, but 99% of what he said complete BS so who even knows if Aizen's monologuing can be trusted.

I guess now is a good time as ever to begin the final countdown for Bleach. But to be quite honest with you, if this manga ends without answering some pretty important questions, I for one, will be greatly disappointed.

Wrong.
Naruto wanted to be Hokage because it would finally earn him some much needed respect and recognition after living his childhood isolated because of what the rest of the Konoha shinobi thought of him.
Luffy was inspired to become the Pirate King because of his admiration towards Shanks, and being on the top would mean complete freedom; Luffy is in for the adventure, not for the end goal.
Ichigo wants to get on with his life, but wants to help his family and friends because losing someone means being mentally scarred for life. He used to be a spoiled kid and a crybaby. When his mother died, he changed completely, becoming serious and cold, giving the wrong idea to the grownups and getting in trouble all the time. His sisters changed too. He knows losing someone completely changes everything, and wants to save as many people as he can because he considers his life fucked up and doesn't want the same shit to happen to other people. Doing anything in his power to stop his life from getting worse is a legit goal.

The Soul King is tightly attached to the plot. The afterlife... life means existing in subhuman conditions, filled with fear and desperation, and the Soul King as a figure doesn't do anything about it, instead, there's a harsh system of arbitrary rules determining what happens. Aizen wasn't the first to try changing the crap that is Soul Society, Ichigo, Tousen, Kaien, Ishida, Ginjo, all had a grudge against the system and tried to change or overthrow it. Some hollows also had a problem with it, but there's nothing they could do about it, that's why they decided to folllow Aizen.

The only legit complain right there is that you have unanswered questions, which is not going to keep that status for long since most of the questions already got mentioned in the interview.

THM Nindo
February 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
One thing from the Omake is a very good indication of what is coming next.

Kubo said that their was 3 arcs done before and that they were linked to Ichigo's friends.
- The Soul Society arc was about Rukia
- The Arrancar arc was about Orohime
- The Lost Agent was about Chad

And he ends up saying «The next arc is about...»

There's only one left, so, yeah...
The next arc will be about Ishida and willl most likely be about the Quincies.

I agree with pretty much everything that Darjaille said above.

I think that the Quincies are not extinct.
I also believe that Isshin and Ryuuken know something about it, and that they are linked, possibly by the fact that Ichigo's mother was a Quincy.

Now... we know that the Shinigami waged war against the Quincies because they were breaking the balance of the Human and Soul world and were riksing to destroy both worlds.
So, if they find out that they are still alive, what would they do?

And if the Soul Society is going at war against the Quincy (including Ishida), where would Ichigo stand?
What if he discover that his mother was also a Quincy? Would he go and defend the whole race against the Shinigami?

------------------

Still, I don't see how this Quincy stuff will go with the Squad Zero and the Soul King...
So I think this arc will actually be separated in two...

One about Ichigo's birth and the Quincy.
And one about the last big Boss (which I believe will be the Soul King).

eefrit
February 04, 2012, 04:46 PM
I honestly hope that Ichigo isn't part quincy. That would make Uryu obsolete, since Ichigo is the main character and thus would be a more powerful quincy than the boy that was raised a quincy.

Although, the series is coming to an end, I am extremely excited for this new and final arc. Bleach is second of the big three that I got into and is the manga that I've bought the most volumes of. Although it frustrates me from time to time it is a very solid manga and one of my favorites. When it finally ends, I'm going to miss the new stories, but all good things must come to an end. As for the length, I am absolutely sure that it will be more than 200 chapters. I mean didn't Kubo say that he wanted BLEACH to continue for 10 years? I'm going to hold him to that because I'm selfish, lol. I want to say the last boss will be The Spirit King, but I don't think so. That would be to predictable. However, I think that he will be fought and we will get insight on why Aizen wanted to usurp it. I think that the last enemy will be a new person. Or perhaps the ultimate twist in the last enemy will be Ichigo himself.

I really hope, that this arc is about Uryu. He gets no love and he is one of my favorite characters who are still alive. However, I'm mostly excited for the new bankais though:D.

Mayumura
February 04, 2012, 08:24 PM
Rukia and Ichigo will fight against enemies in white clothes will use white "getsuga tenshou" and sode no shirayuki techniques, will wear white clothes as well and all this epic will be in completely beautiful and magnificent white palace of ice.

I honestly hope that Ichigo isn't part quincy. That would make Uryu obsolete, since Ichigo is the main character and thus would be a more powerful quincy than the boy that was raised a quincy.

I double this. Ichigo is already freak, even without being quincy.

eefrit
February 04, 2012, 08:49 PM
Rukia and Ichigo will fight against enemies in white clothes will use white "getsuga tenshou" and sode no shirayuki techniques, will wear white clothes as well and all this epic will be in completely beautiful and magnificent white palace of ice.

The pure whiteness! It blinds me! or it'll be the blankest pages in BLEACH, topping even "The Heart" page.

yumimi
February 04, 2012, 09:10 PM
Well it said in r&r that the enemy will be revealed next chapter *A* so I hope we'll have a more solid idea after it >_<

Mayumura
February 06, 2012, 02:07 AM
The pure whiteness! It blinds me! or it'll be the blankest pages in BLEACH, topping even "The Heart" page.

U'll need to have cool glasses, like Kubo does if u want to understand manga on this level!

Fox666
February 06, 2012, 02:13 AM
You guys are forgetting about the negative chapters... Turn Back the Pendulum started at -108, thus even if the story ends we still have some story left.

crono
February 07, 2012, 05:19 PM
What are those spoilers in the OP? Are those from a kubo interview, or are those just theories from the OP?

THM Nindo
February 07, 2012, 10:42 PM
What are those spoilers in the OP? Are those from a kubo interview, or are those just theories from the OP?

It's from Omake in the Shonen Jump during the three week break.
They are official and written by Kubo.

He's basically telling us what to expect in the last arc.

WaveBossa
February 08, 2012, 12:43 PM
Wrong.
Naruto wanted to be Hokage because it would finally earn him some much needed respect and recognition after living his childhood isolated because of what the rest of the Konoha shinobi thought of him.
Luffy was inspired to become the Pirate King because of his admiration towards Shanks, and being on the top would mean complete freedom; Luffy is in for the adventure, not for the end goal.
Ichigo wants to get on with his life, but wants to help his family and friends because losing someone means being mentally scarred for life. He used to be a spoiled kid and a crybaby. When his mother died, he changed completely, becoming serious and cold, giving the wrong idea to the grownups and getting in trouble all the time. His sisters changed too. He knows losing someone completely changes everything, and wants to save as many people as he can because he considers his life fucked up and doesn't want the same shit to happen to other people. Doing anything in his power to stop his life from getting worse is a legit goal.

The Soul King is tightly attached to the plot. The afterlife... life means existing in subhuman conditions, filled with fear and desperation, and the Soul King as a figure doesn't do anything about it, instead, there's a harsh system of arbitrary rules determining what happens. Aizen wasn't the first to try changing the crap that is Soul Society, Ichigo, Tousen, Kaien, Ishida, Ginjo, all had a grudge against the system and tried to change or overthrow it. Some hollows also had a problem with it, but there's nothing they could do about it, that's why they decided to folllow Aizen.

The only legit complain right there is that you have unanswered questions, which is not going to keep that status for long since most of the questions already got mentioned in the interview.

I did'nt say Ichigo has no goals, I said he has no end goals. He will always want to protect people and help people its just part of his personality, you cannot call that an end goal. And you can't dismiss the fact that other manga have end goal by explaining the reason why they chose those goals.

You are missing my point and taking it as a diss to bleach. My point is that if bleach were to end after the Arrancar arc, ppl couldn't say "oh well ichigo hasn't become (blank) yet or done (blank) yet so it can't end."

Most everything you say about the soul king is based on what Aizen said about him. Aizen doesn't have a track record of being 100% correct. The point you make about soul society's corruption and how others are against the way they do things is a legit drive for other characters but not really for Ichigo. Ever since he rescued Rukia, the corruption of soul society hasn't really been a big issue for him. He's more likely to ignore soul society than to try to fix it (as we saw in the fullbringer arc).

Once again, you are adding a lot to the plot to build some epic Soul King vs Ichigo, but tbh, at this point its really meh to me. Maybe i'm just not seeing it, but as of now, there isn't much in it for me.

Quantized
February 09, 2012, 05:54 AM
Pretty much agree with WaveBossa here.
I'm actually surprised he managed to climb this high without any effective "drive".
He needs a dream and not just wanting powers to protect... How much powers does he need to protect? There is no "end goal" here...
Ichigo has no clear goal as for "how far he wants to go".
Also this pretty much explains why Ichigo had to double arc save Rukia / Orihime, there simply isn't other ways to "motivate" Ichigo.... Nothing else seems to motivate him, except a few mentions of his battle desires/lust, but that's it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he wouldn't do everything for his family / friends, however, he doesn't really have any other reasons, and it makes it kinda "hollow" from the readers point of view.

What is important here is not only to get into Ichigo's emotions, but also the readers emotions. Ichigo having a dream will affect the readers emotions, like with One Piece and Hokage. But wanting to protect his family is a bit dull and old, while noble and very sweet hearted, it doesn't get to the reader in the same way, it's weak, it doesn't hype the reader.

Ichigo concluding this arc/Bleach without any "real" drive is therefore really annoying to me, it's one reason why Bleach will never reach top 5 in my opinion, the art work really is pulling it up, cause the story is... well you know =_="

Ichigo better get a reason to get strong now, cause it's another major unrealistic aspect of Bleach... Even manga's can get too "unrealistic" in the end, in terms of story realism. (Not talking about the fantasy world, but the story itself).

I wonder, Kubo will probably hide Ichigo's possible desire to become the strongest till the very end of the manga. I disagree with Kubo's method here, although the manga direction looks interesting.
Ichigo needs a clear effective goal, especially for the reader to have something to connect with. Right now, I'm just enjoying the artwork, othervice just with for the ride.

I wonder if Kubo can pull this arc off right, Ichigo is way to similar to Orihime to be positive about it, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying that :p

THM Nindo
February 09, 2012, 11:11 AM
I understand what you guys mean, but Ichigo's only goal as always been to become the strongest so that the can protect his friends.

In part 1, he protected Rukia.
In part 2, he protected Orohime.
And in part 3, he will most likely protect Ishida. (The last chapter pretty much confirmed that the last arc will be about the Quincies).

It's no "end goal", but it's still a goal.

The Newbie.
February 09, 2012, 11:36 AM
As I already said, he has a deep reason why he wants to kill as many hollows as he can and those close to him, and that motivation is tied with the characters and the story. The setting is in the real world so there's nothing "realistic" about having some sort of real goal set in stone for real life. If the reader needs some kind of end goal, even if it has no depth or relation to the setting, story or characters just so they can form some sort of superficial conection to the character then too bad for them.

exacta
February 09, 2012, 04:31 PM
I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions about what Ichigo will do in the last arc. Theres more to this arc than just the Quincy's...as Kubo said himself, the enemies start out small in number and then become numerous. Ichigo might discover something about the Soul King or Soul Society and have a reason for himself to fight against them that isn't simply protecting things. I think these Quincy's will probably die long before this arcs conclusion, probably by the Zero Squad.

Also, I don't have a problem with Ichigo's goal being to protect people. His goal is justified based on his past and not wanting to see other people experience something similiar. Also, do "goals" really bring depth to a character? I mean Naruto wanting to be Hokage makes sense. But Luffy going around shouting he wants to be Pirate King.....wheres the "depth" in that goal? Luffy wants to be Pirate King because he wants to be Pirate King. And the author hasn't done much storywise revealing info about where One Piece is.

Let's take another popular anime/manga, YYH. Did Yusuke really have a goal? No, not really. In fact, close to the end Yusuke lost his resolve to fight once he realized he didn't really have a reason to fight or anyone to protect anymore.

Goku's goal was always either collect the Dragonballs or save Earth. Just because a character has a goal doesn't mean he's deep, or to be more precise deep because of his goal.....same goes for a character who lacks a goal. Plus, lately it seems authors take a long, long time before even having their main characters pursue their goal, or make any progress towards accomplishing it.

The Newbie.
February 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions about what Ichigo will do in the last arc. Theres more to this arc than just the Quincy's...as Kubo said himself, the enemies start out small in number and then become numerous. Ichigo might discover something about the Soul King or Soul Society and have a reason for himself to fight against them that isn't simply protecting things. I think these Quincy's will probably die long before this arcs conclusion, probably by the Zero Squad.

Also, I don't have a problem with Ichigo's goal being to protect people. His goal is justified based on his past and not wanting to see other people experience something similiar. Also, do "goals" really bring depth to a character? I mean Naruto wanting to be Hokage makes sense. But Luffy going around shouting he wants to be Pirate King.....wheres the "depth" in that goal? Luffy wants to be Pirate King because he wants to be Pirate King. And the author hasn't done much storywise revealing info about where One Piece is.

Let's take another popular anime/manga, YYH. Did Yusuke really have a goal? No, not really. In fact, close to the end Yusuke lost his resolve to fight once he realized he didn't really have a reason to fight or anyone to protect anymore.

Goku's goal was always either collect the Dragonballs or save Earth. Just because a character has a goal doesn't mean he's deep, or to be more precise deep because of his goal.....same goes for a character who lacks a goal. Plus, lately it seems authors take a long, long time before even having their main characters pursue their goal, or make any progress towards accomplishing it.

Don't bring examples here unless you are ready to deal with fans from other series pile on you, at least if you can't provide good examples.
-
The most important is having some sort of depth to the motivation and maybe a goal depending on the setting, not a goal and then some/no depth.

exacta
February 09, 2012, 10:49 PM
Don't bring examples here unless you are ready to deal with fans from other series pile on you, at least if you can't provide good examples.
-
The most important is having some sort of depth to the motivation and maybe a goal depending on the setting, not a goal and then some/no depth.

You do realize that what you just said is pretty much what I was saying? Just because a character has a goal doesn't mean he's deep, and just because he doesn't have one doesn't mean he isn't. It's up to the author to give a character depth, that can be done with or without a goal as long as the character has a purpose/role in the story.

I'll post whatever I deem appropriate unless a mod tells me otherwise. Seeing as you don't fit that description, if you find my post a waste of time or any discussion that may ensue as a result then don't read it.

shuha27
February 10, 2012, 01:02 AM
I'm really gonna miss Bleach. Even though the last arc was horrible in my opinion I'm sad to see it ending. Hopefully, it is long and explains all the unanswered questions. I read/watched Bleach since I was a kid. It makes me sad to see part of my childhood end :(

Airget
February 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ichigo's goal of "protection" does sound like it'll bite him in the ass. Since the Quincy's will be involved it's unknown to what Ishida's main allegiance will be with, he's made it a fact to note that he isn't really friends with SS but more of a grudging alliance to help Orihime and to a point even Rukia since he did see the injustice being done to her even if she was a shinigami. His father is against his connections to SS so he might be forced to turn away from his friends and join the last few Quincy's to seek revenge against SS. Because of this there prolly will be a lot of chapters between Ichigo's and Ishida's father as to things they've kept secret til now and why they've been so civil with one another.

The most interesting question to everything will be why did the Quincy's wait til now to strike, you would think that if they had the ability to enter SS they would've done it while they were to busy dealing with Aizen but apparently they were "kind" enough to wait til now to strike. Though it could be that very arc that allowed Ishida's father to have the time to regroup with his old comrades and setup a plan to overrun SS. Since SS was to busy dealing with their own Civil War and HM they wouldn't have had the time to notice that there were Quincy's that were still alive and plotting against them. My guess with everything though is that the Quincy are sick of SS's superiority so in an attempt to knock them down a peg they will destroy the balance between the two worlds and find a way to make them rise to the top so that they can become the superior group of people.

kkck
April 28, 2012, 04:12 PM
To be honest what confuses me here is the timeline of the war. We have the title of the arc and the fact that yamamoto failed to kill the quincy king to suggest this war happened 1000 years ago. Yet, we know there also was a quincy war 200 years ago and ushida's line of quincy are related to that one. So should we assume there have been 2 wars? What was the relation between the quincy 200 years ago and the ones they are fighting now?

What I was thinking was that the quincy destroyed 200 years ago were remmants or descendants of the ones they are fighting now. Basically, there was the war 1000 years ago and the survivors lived on and left descendants who learned quincy arts. If the vandereich leader is a king the logically he must have a kingdom of sorts. Perhaps 1000 years ago his army went to war with SS and the descendants of the citizens of his kingdom became the quincy which were annihilated 200 years ago. Of course, SS would have defeated their military however even 1000 years back mobilizing against a bunch of civilians would be something to hesitate about if the actual threat has been defeated.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Another thing which I forgot to comment on is that the quincy symbol ishida uses and the quincy symbol the new guys use are mildly different. Perhaps an indication of the quincy from 200 years ago being related to the ones we see now but not quite the same?

mattiaildivino
April 29, 2012, 06:10 AM
nice thread. I voted the second option because I think it won't last for more than 15 volumes.but it will be the best arc,imo.

devstauk
April 29, 2012, 08:25 AM
By the way the war 1000 years ago hasn't been confirmed it was a Quincy war, i think the new dude buckbeard is a decedent of Kurosaki ... And if Isshin was from that time period, how does he know Ryuken ?

mattiaildivino
April 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
By the way the war 1000 years ago hasn't been confirmed it was a Quincy war, i think the new dude buckbeard is a decedent of Kurosaki ... And if Isshin was from that time period, how does he know Ryuken ?

in the first page of this chapter,it was said that buckbeard was the quincy who fought yamamoto 1000 years ago...

devstauk
April 29, 2012, 09:31 PM
in the first page of this chapter,it was said that buckbeard was the quincy who fought yamamoto 1000 years ago...
yes but it was only him stated to be in that war none of the others was, plus we don't even know he's quincy....

dopeycheese
May 01, 2012, 12:28 AM
if Isshin was from that time period, how does he know Ryuken ?
haha maybe ryuken was a kid when he met an adult isshin, u noe how these kind of relationships turn out, the kid grows up, gets annoyed for still being treated like a kid, hates the old man but deep down still friends (exclude tsukishima, that guy...loves ginjo too much)

mattiaildivino
May 02, 2012, 05:08 AM
I think isshin,as ginjo and ichigo,isn't as old as the other shinigami. that's why he wasn't in the Pendoloum arc,he wasn't born yet.

devstauk
June 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
I think isshin,as ginjo and ichigo,isn't as old as the other shinigami. that's why he wasn't in the Pendoloum arc,he wasn't born yet.

How'd you work that out?

verseatyle
June 12, 2012, 01:14 AM
Interesting theory. Isshin does look young and I'm not sure if I can recall anytime in the manga where they refer to his age, so it's possible. But then again, I think Kubo can get a lil more creative with that mystery reveal.

Miyagi
June 12, 2012, 02:14 AM
Isshin seems as old as Shunsui to me, if he was born after TBTP arc, I guess he would look much younger like Gin, Nanao or Hisagi or even younger since those I mentioned were around 100 years ago. I believe Isshin also knows VR leader and he perhaps participated in the war 1000 years ago.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 12, 2012, 03:30 AM
I agree. He looks the same age as Shunsui and Ukitake.:) It also seems that according to some spoilers from Kubo that he gave us before this Arc started that the ties between Isshin, Shunsui and Ukitake will be revealed. I believe it might be that they were among the same generation of Shinigami and Isshin might be also among those who graduated from Shinigami Academy around the same time as Shunsui and Uki.
So I agree that he might have participated in that War. So anyway it's even more interesting for me to see this hidden story, then the fights.:)

devstauk
June 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
I agree. He looks the same age as Shunsui and Ukitake.:) It also seems that according to some spoilers from Kubo that he gave us before this Arc started that the ties between Isshin, Shunsui and Ukitake will be revealed. I believe it might be that they were among the same generation of Shinigami and Isshin might be also among those who graduated from Shinigami Academy around the same time as Shunsui and Uki.
So I agree that he might have participated in that War. So anyway it's even more interesting for me to see this hidden story, then the fights.:)

I wonder if Isshin helped Yama train Shunsui and Ukitake as youngsters, i mean in all honesty it could be anything, but i still am liking the theory of Isshin being something to do with the Shiba Clan

My thoughts on this war is that SS get their arses handed to them on a platter, they go into hiding in an unknown area and try to regroup, SS is going to be under the SR's control, Yama is going to die, and in turn with his death being the trigger that calls the Royal Guard, the Royal Guards take to long to address the situation, then kenny goes a killing spree and ends up becoming the soul king the end....... Okay that last part was a joke

Darjaille
June 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
So, I was thinking, it seems like there won't be really many survivors in this invasion. I guess it's more or less safe to expect that SS will be conquered by Quincies, and the survivors will take their time to recovers and then will try to take it back. But, with how overwhelming Quincies seem and shinigami falling, will the number of survivors be really high, enough to fight back after this?

I kinda expect at least one Cpt dying... although I have no idea who, whoever does, it will be a blow... and I don't really think many 3rd-Seat-and-bellow fodders have any chances (and they wouldn't help in the revolt anyway).
Will Ichigo, Urahara, Isshin, Ryuuken, Uryuu, Hime etc will have such impact that the enemies will be taken down afterwards?

I guess Zero Squad will play a major role, even tho I assumed that they will be only an icon or maybe some advices and talk for a while...

thousandIN1
June 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
yama is gonna die IMO and zaraki will be the CC, i think it's only fair since he's been in most battles and i know he can come up with a decent strategy. also unohana will be revealed as yama's daughter

kkck
June 17, 2012, 12:25 AM
My main issue with yama dying is that he is still irreplaceable. Which captain has the power or leadership skills yama has? The leadership part is manageable I guess however not one of the captains could ever hope to replace him in terms of power. Even if yama does die it would be close to the end IMO.

Darjaille
June 17, 2012, 04:21 AM
Yeah, but does he need to be replaced, in terms of power? I don't think there were much instances when Yama actually had to fight full power. Even when the situation asked for it, he only went for shikai (and then had it sealed) (and I don't think Yamamoto's shikai is stronger than Kyoraku/Ukitake/Unohana's bankai). I don't think the extreme situations (Aizen, Quincies) happen every 100 years, I actually wonder whether something at least close to them happened in the recent 1000 years (1000 years ago, Quincy War v.0?)

Then, the CC doesn't have to be as strong as Yamamoto. They felt they were okay 3 years ago, when they didn't have Ichigo. And Ichigo was/is/will be as strong as, or stronger than Yamamoto. He doesn't have to become CC, he can only stay as a strong soldier/guardian/defender in times of need, whatever he chooses (staying in SS or not).

Or Royal Dimension will drop them one of the Guards.

devstauk
June 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
Yamamotto is too lenient on his opponents these guys have torn apart every one, who has shown a shred of remorse, or fear.

I don't necessarily believe he needs to be dead to lose leadership but i think he will have to step down due to losing to BB, the only person that i think will have the knowledge to lead the remainder of SS is Isshin

kkck
June 17, 2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah, but does he need to be replaced, in terms of power? I don't think there were much instances when Yama actually had to fight full power. Even when the situation asked for it, he only went for shikai (and then had it sealed) (and I don't think Yamamoto's shikai is stronger than Kyoraku/Ukitake/Unohana's bankai). I don't think the extreme situations (Aizen, Quincies) happen every 100 years, I actually wonder whether something at least close to them happened in the recent 1000 years (1000 years ago, Quincy War v.0?)

Then, the CC doesn't have to be as strong as Yamamoto. They felt they were okay 3 years ago, when they didn't have Ichigo. And Ichigo was/is/will be as strong as, or stronger than Yamamoto. He doesn't have to become CC, he can only stay as a strong soldier/guardian/defender in times of need, whatever he chooses (staying in SS or not).

Or Royal Dimension will drop them one of the Guards.

Well, circumstances have so far been against yamamoto using bankai at large. Aizen made a point of having ryujin jakka sealed, it hardly says much about yamamoto's disposition to use more than shikai. Even against shunsui and ukitake he had the upperhand with just shikai(thats what was actually seen and implied). I don't think the matter is merely about who in particular yamamoto fights during battles either. At large yamamoto fighting is a last resource, shinigami honor pretty much dictates that the commander does not get involved (say, when he finished allon and reprimanded the VCs for involving him). The issue at hand is that yamamoto is ultimately the one that has to keep the captains in line. Mayuri is a deranged mad scientists mass muderer, kenpachi is a clinically insane murderer, shunsui is a pathological flirt and lazy ass bum at large, byakuya would rather kill everyone in the gotei 13 than stain his pride, soifon is a ninja/assasin, unohana takes no shit from no one, hirako was leader of a little organization which arguably had about as much power as the gotei 13, komamura could basically step on SS on a whim (not that he would but still) and hitsugaya controls the sky at a whim. What would happen if the one beating up byakuya and kenpachi for not taking care of the haori had been someone other than yamamoto? Most of the captains are heavily individualistic which makes no sense considering their position is at best one that requires actual blind obedience to the organization they serve simply because the military are a subservient force which has no business having opinions(within the boundaries of what the organization is supposed to do within their cultural context).

I don't think the RG will be so eaguer to have one of their members assigned to be CC either. As far as we know the RG has the duty to protect the king who is apparently the thing or person which holds reality in place. In this regard, that sole duty of the RG is by far more important than any other duty the gotei 13 can have simply because whatever affects the king could potentially affect reality itself.