Flora
Dae
Clare
Miria
Riful
Galatea

Vengeance
February 25, 2012, 07:32 AM
Isley easily gets a nomination in my book. The reason I'm not picking any of the normal Claymore is simply because they're limited to human form while allot of the females look very similar. Isley is a rare male fighter whose character design stands out from other males. You look at it & pretty much automatically know that this guy can kick ass. Also his transformation is rather elegant in comparison to allot of the grotesque monster transformations we've seen. A centaur like being that can transform his body parts into different weapons. What's not to love?

eefrit
February 25, 2012, 11:19 AM
Meh, I'll have to go with Roxanne as even amongst the Claymores she looks really unique. I do agree with you on Isley, although there aren't many awesome males to compare him to.

FrostyMouse
February 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
I'm going with Isley. He simply has the best, and most unique, looking awakened form.

SaphG1
February 26, 2012, 09:54 PM
Seems a bit tough placing Abyssal and awakened ones along with Claymores for designed. Awakened ones have a whole other factor to consider that Claymore don't.

Flora

She has a simply elegant design that shows actual beauty as compared to Roxanne who while unique is all gussied up like strutting peacock, Roxy would have been insanely jealous. She had a calm demeanor and strong but subtle personality that was similar to Irene's but in a more passive and forgiving manner and lacking in that cool minded almost predatory analytical nature. If someone told me flora was Irene's younger sister I'd probably had believed it (and not just because of the techniques^^)

That and she's the kind of pretty that makes boy's blush. It's a shame the most attractive shot of her face we get is the same frame in which Rigardo sticks a claw through her skull second before rending her in two.

mrsticky005
February 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
Dae.

He looks creepy.

Fermat
March 03, 2012, 06:47 AM
I'd have to say Isley. He easily has the most kick-ass design of any AB.

Claymore1
March 03, 2012, 11:31 AM
Isley's awakened form of course :)

MalakTawus
March 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
I nominate Claire, the reason is simple: i TOTALLY LOVE everything about her :)
....especially her cold expressions.

...but even Galatea would have been a great nomination........i'm so unsure about this....

RoD Junior
March 05, 2012, 02:45 PM
Clare is a good character design, but not original: Clare is in fact a powered-up second coming of Yagi1s best character design from his previous manga, Ikuno from Angel Densetsu. Isley vaguely reminds me of male leads in other mangas, too. Miria, however, is another matter: a rare female character who radiates authority, you can fully believe that others will entrust their lives with her, be it in the first awakened hunt or the War in the North or the final rebellion at the Organisation's HQ.

GioGio
March 06, 2012, 07:48 PM
Roxanne really is one of a kind. Strikingly beautiful and deliciously evil, she's one of the most well-designed female characters I've ever seen in a manga, followed closely by Ophelia.

littleangel
March 08, 2012, 09:53 AM
Character isn't just APPEARANCE it is also personality and this is what I'm going with. Riful has the best personality of any awakened being in my opinion so I will go with Riful.

benelori
March 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
Character isn't just APPEARANCE it is also personality and this is what I'm going with. Riful has the best personality of any awakened being in my opinion so I will go with Riful.

However this category is about appearance...

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I nominate Galatea...the blind version...she just radiates calm and spirituality, which goes well with her warrior looks...

Miyagi
March 16, 2012, 06:28 AM
Voted for Isley. I had high hopes for him in the second part of the manga, it's a shame that his character was wasted in one of the most poignant ways.

zushiko
March 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
A hard one. I'll go with Riful. Roxanne somewhat reminds me of her but she's more lovable than her.

Ryus
March 22, 2012, 12:05 AM

However this category is about appearance...

Actually you are incorrect benelori. Character Design is a very broad category that covers just about everything from physical looks, to body language such as hand gestures (Riful or Helen) or touching there glasses often when about to lie or tell a half truth (Rubel), to how they speak (tone, how often they speak, trademark lines, etc), to how they think/act outwardly/inwardly in general (anyways bantering, pure hatred, manipulative but playful about it, etc...).

Now Character Design doesn't cover every little thing one does, just general habits/looks/traits and how they blend together to form a "characters design" without any given event. So female, warrior, slim, stoic, mostly quite but blunt when speaking her mind, emotionally distant, suffered tremendous loss, loving heart under it, short hair, stairs often at others interacting around her, single minded with her goal and almost mindlessly driven towards it is Clare's character design.

Character Design is defined as
1. The act or an instance of characterizing.
2. A description of qualities or peculiarities (aka traits): a list of places of interest, with brief characterizations of each.
3. Representation of a character or characters on the stage or in writing, especially by imitating or describing actions, gestures, or speeches.
The American Heritage® Dictionary

I think most of the posters here are mixing up art design with character design.

I'm personally going to go with Clare though just because I swear I can read her stoic face most of the time :lmao meaning that something about her design lets me read the same face, art wise, differently in tons of different scenes... yet no matter how many times I reread a scene I always have the same opinion about what she is feeling/thinking. Plus the girl just embodies the f***ed up world they live in.

Though when you get down to it there is quite a few characters in this series with amazing designs, so if this voting turns out to be more than just people thinking there voting for art design it could be any ones game. However if not I can see why Isley for instance could win for his amazing AB form and just due to be a male in a series of females.