PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Gon and Killua Separation!

FaustXIII
February 09, 2012, 04:48 AM
Remember that Palm told Killua that if he unsuccessfully protected Gon. He must leave Gon's side

Uriel
February 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
They wont be separated by that. And now that Killua effectively saved Gon, I think everything is fine.

TheAmericandream
February 16, 2012, 10:17 PM
I wonder what Gon's reaction to finding out about Alluka or how he was healed will be (I assume he will find out somehow), Secrets can cause a rift in the friendship. I for one hope they are together forever though, they're so cute together (especially in the anime, both of them)

Noonealive
February 16, 2012, 11:08 PM
To me it seems like Leerio might spill the beans to Gon.. lol Because during their last conversation Gon was quite suspicious of what Leorio was saying... lol

Phantron
February 17, 2012, 01:46 AM
I'm pretty sure the fact that Killua told everyone to not tell Gon it was he who healed him is a sign he's not planning on being back. He's also got the portable Dragonballs (he told Nanika not to accept other people's wishes, not his wishes). There literally can be no meaningful plot left if he is still in the party, because it'd always be like: "Oh no XYZ is too strong, let me consult my portable Dragonballs!" He's got Alluka/Nanika and Ikalgo now. He really has no reason to put up with a guy who has been a horrible friend anyway.

FaustXIII
February 17, 2012, 01:58 AM
They also lied about Former Chairman Netero's Death.

Noonealive
February 17, 2012, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty sure the fact that Killua told everyone to not tell Gon it was he who healed him is a sign he's not planning on being back. He's also got the portable Dragonballs (he told Nanika not to accept other people's wishes, not his wishes). There literally can be no meaningful plot left if he is still in the party, because it'd always be like: "Oh no XYZ is too strong, let me consult my portable Dragonballs!" He's got Alluka/Nanika and Ikalgo now. He really has no reason to put up with a guy who has been a horrible friend anyway.

Rofl, Yeah you obviously have issue with Killua. O yeah Killua loves having the "dragonballs" around now he could do whatever he wants now because he doesn't give a crap about anybody but himself... Well said.

Uriel
February 17, 2012, 05:07 AM
Maybe now Gon learned a way to know who lies and who doesn't as part of his new Nen :O

chei
February 17, 2012, 11:57 AM
i'm afraid readers have to say goodbye to Killua for now (maybe a long while, like Kurapika), because he's now burden with a story balance ruining power.

Now only that, He can't carry Aruka on his back on his journey with Gon. Gon will continue to travel around, train, get stronger, have adventures....Aruka will just drag the two behind as the two would have to babysit her. She's so infantile, not even a normal 10 years old.

Killua has also found his purpose (to protect Aruka), so like Kurapika, his 'arc' is over for now. So I think he'll take a long break from the front stage.

So Killua will disappear to babysit his sister, I'll miss him but I'd rather have HxH story get back onto its track with more adventures and training.

I'm so over Aruka/Nanika, she's not interesting to begin with really, and now her ridiculous power is a threat to open all kinds of worms for the future stories. Anything happens from now, people will ask "why can't Killua just ask for it?" And she's just reeks of a Mary Sue character.

Btw ti's Bisque who asked Killua to leave, not Palm. And that arc was over when Killua pulled the pin out.

Phantron
February 17, 2012, 01:07 PM
i'm afraid readers have to say goodbye to Killua for now (maybe a long while, like Kurapika), because he's now burden with a story balance ruining power.

Now only that, He can't carry Aruka on his back on his journey with Gon. Gon will continue to travel around, train, get stronger, have adventures....Aruka will just drag the two behind as the two would have to babysit her. She's so infantile, not even a normal 10 years old.

Killua has also found his purpose (to protect Aruka), so like Kurapika, his 'arc' is over for now. So I think he'll take a long break from the front stage.

So Killua will disappear to babysit his sister, I'll miss him but I'd rather have HxH story get back onto its track with more adventures and training.

I'm so over Aruka/Nanika, she's not interesting to begin with really, and now her ridiculous power is a threat to open all kinds of worms for the future stories. Anything happens from now, people will ask "why can't Killua just ask for it?" And she's just reeks of a Mary Sue character.

Btw ti's Bisque who asked Killua to leave, not Palm. And that arc was over when Killua pulled the pin out.

Alluka's pretty much a dead end in terms of story progression. If Killua doesn't use Alluka's super powers, she's literally just a normal person waiting to be mauled by anybody with even a minimal understanding of aura (remember you can potentially kill a person who doesn't understand aura by just projecting aura toward them). Of course if you use Alluka's power then there's no possible issue that cannot be solved. So either Killua continues a bunch of death defying adventure while protecting a person with no fighting ability whatsoever, or he uses Alluka's powers to make these death defying adventures not really that death defying.

Noonealive
February 17, 2012, 02:11 PM

First of all, you basing all off this last chapter, lol..are you togashi? You already know what Killua is gonna end up doing? You know the limitations of Alluka's power? Is protecting Alluka his true and only goal he was looking for in life? Is HxH that predictable? Rofl, these comments are just to funny.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Alluka's pretty much a dead end in terms of story progression. If Killua doesn't use Alluka's super powers, she's literally just a normal person waiting to be mauled by anybody with even a minimal understanding of aura (remember you can potentially kill a person who doesn't understand aura by just projecting aura toward them). Of course if you use Alluka's power then there's no possible issue that cannot be solved. So either Killua continues a bunch of death defying adventure while protecting a person with no fighting ability whatsoever, or he uses Alluka's powers to make these death defying adventures not really that death defying.

How is she dead in terms of story progression??? You don't know what her wishes are capable of, and it seems like you know this story better than Togashi.. Stop basing your inferences on just this last chapter alone.

Dude it's okay, you don't have to worry about Killua, when ever a chapter about Killua and his sister come up you have don't read it. Since you already know whats gonna happen.

Host Samurai
February 17, 2012, 02:15 PM
For now, Killua's purpose is to protect Alluka from the likes of Illumi, Hisoka and his family. Killua has a comfortable headstart against Illumi and can head anywhere. Gon will also most likely travel with Ant Kaito from now on and take him under his wing. The both of them will continue their training but on a different path.

mrsticky005
February 18, 2012, 05:48 AM
Just because there's no consequence for Killua using Alluka's power doesn't mean there's no consequence for Alluka using such power.
What if the whole reason WHY Killua can use Alluka's power without harm to himself is because Alluka is somehow taking the damage instead.

C'mon people this is TOGASHI we're talking about. There's gonna be SOME kind of consequence to using Alluka's power.

Did Togashi say LOL KURAPICA HAS SCARLET EYES SO HE GETS UNLIMITED POWER? NO! Kurapica had to make a life threatening vow to gain power that would ONLY work on the spiders and the spiders salone

Did Togashi say LOL GON IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. And just had him be super strong for no reason? No! He lost all his potential as a Hunter (nen wise)
and nearly DIED until Killua used Alluka to save him.

Here's a thought. If there is NO consequence for using Alluka why didn't Killua use Alluka before? For example to get Greed Island

If you say well Togashi hadn't thought of Alluka back then and Alluka was retconned into the story. Well who says Togashi can't
retcon Alluka some limitations?

Sheesh, I found the Election Arc dull but I was at least willing to give it a chance. I'm still willing.

But y'all are like "the series is ruined" after one lousy chapter. Gimme a break.

Zvane
February 18, 2012, 02:50 PM
Just because there's no consequence for Killua using Alluka's power doesn't mean there's no consequence for Alluka using such power.
What if the whole reason WHY Killua can use Alluka's power without harm to himself is because Alluka is somehow taking the damage instead.

C'mon people this is TOGASHI we're talking about. There's gonna be SOME kind of consequence to using Alluka's power.

Did Togashi say LOL KURAPICA HAS SCARLET EYES SO HE GETS UNLIMITED POWER? NO! Kurapica had to make a life threatening vow to gain power that would ONLY work on the spiders and the spiders salone

Did Togashi say LOL GON IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. And just had him be super strong for no reason? No! He lost all his potential as a Hunter (nen wise)
and nearly DIED until Killua used Alluka to save him.

Here's a thought. If there is NO consequence for using Alluka why didn't Killua use Alluka before? For example to get Greed Island

If you say well Togashi hadn't thought of Alluka back then and Alluka was retconned into the story. Well who says Togashi can't
retcon Alluka some limitations?

Well, there are consequences...I mean, Alluka's not able to being him/herself while using his powers, but he shares his body with some god-like entity....ok, he does get along with Nanika, but I think not being your own person (in the most literal sense) it's a pretty high price to pay for a power that you can't use for yourself

mrsticky005
February 18, 2012, 04:17 PM
Well, there are consequences...I mean, Alluka's not able to being him/herself while using his powers, but he shares his body with some god-like entity....ok, he does get along with Nanika, but I think not being your own person (in the most literal sense) it's a pretty high price to pay for a power that you can't use for yourself

perhaps Killua is scared of Alluka's other self?

THM Nindo
February 18, 2012, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a consquence, other wise Killua would be invincible.

FaustXIII
February 19, 2012, 04:03 AM
Remember this:
Whatever we post here cannot change what TOGASHI would do to his next chapters... So don't quarrel that seriously. We're all HxH Fans afterall

mrsticky005
February 19, 2012, 08:17 AM
Remember this:
Whatever we post here cannot change what TOGASHI would do to his next chapters... So don't quarrel that seriously. We're all HxH Fans afterall

true all we can do is hope that Togashi delivers

and I say SO FAR SO GOOD!

Zvane
February 19, 2012, 10:52 PM
perhaps Killua is scared of Alluka's other self?

Well....taking into consideration the last chapter, I doubt it....I think he loves Nanika.....but also thinks of it as "Endless Darkness"...plus, he can use It's powers for free (guess there's a clause about who Nanika or Alluka loves the most)

So....maybe he is? Maybe he just wants to protect It? I think the only one Killua's afraid of, is Illumi

Phantron
February 23, 2012, 03:31 AM
It already said there's no consequence except it makes Killua feel guilty. Even if there's some hidden consequence it sure isn't so bad that made Killua hesitate to teleport Ilumi away, and for all the mental block and whatnot, that's someone he in theory could've fought on this own (maybe not win, but he's shown signs of being able to stand up to him before).

So basically if Alluka stays with Killua and they go on adventure with Gon, they can never face a threat that's more dangerous than Ilumi, because if Killua didn't hesitate to teleport Ilumi away he sure isn't going to risk his/Gon's/Alluka's life over any comparable threat. But if you use Alluka's power then obviously no threat is a real threat compared to that kind of power.

Let's say Gon started fighting Hisoka to the death and he's losing while Killua watches with Alluka in tow. Is he really going to just let Gon die or do you think he'll just teleport Hisoka away?

mrsticky005
February 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
It already said there's no consequence except it makes Killua feel guilty. Even if there's some hidden consequence it sure isn't so bad that made Killua hesitate to teleport Ilumi away, and for all the mental block and whatnot, that's someone he in theory could've fought on this own (maybe not win, but he's shown signs of being able to stand up to him before).

So basically if Alluka stays with Killua and they go on adventure with Gon, they can never face a threat that's more dangerous than Ilumi, because if Killua didn't hesitate to teleport Ilumi away he sure isn't going to risk his/Gon's/Alluka's life over any comparable threat. But if you use Alluka's power then obviously no threat is a real threat compared to that kind of power.

Let's say Gon started fighting Hisoka to the death and he's losing while Killua watches with Alluka in tow. Is he really going to just let Gon die or do you think he'll just teleport Hisoka away?

Killua could simply be unaware of the consequences.

I say Alluka is taking the toll for Killua and Killua just doesn't know.

It's even possible Alluka is taking the toll for Killua and Alluka doesn't know.

MegamanX195
February 23, 2012, 08:39 AM

Fighting Illumi is one thing. Fighting Illumi while protecting Alluka is one entirely different. Illumi could hit Alluka with some needle and manipulate her into coming with him, or (pretend to) attack Alluka to force Killua to surrender. Remember, Allluka WAS Illumi's target. Also, on your Gon VS Hisoka example, he'd most likely enter the fight and help Gon, IF Gon said that was okay. I really doubt he would wish Hisoka away like that. That said, Killua probably won't travel with Gon for the time being.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Killua will only wish for stuff if Alluka is directly endangered. And I mean DIRECTLY endangered, not in danger of being attacked some random time or whatever. Say, if Hisoka suddenly showed up and wanted to kill Alluka, no doubt he would wish him away. If Killua was sure he wanted nothing with Alluka and simply wanted to fight Killua, and Killua alone, he would gladly fight Hisoka to the death.

Fox666
February 23, 2012, 09:49 AM
Since Alluka is nothing but a normal girl, theorically she could be killed by Illumi's Nem alone.

chei
February 29, 2012, 01:07 AM
So far to me, Aruka is a Mary-suesque, story balance ruining character who's created to separate Killua from Gon/Main story arc, or the series is ending. I don't see much 'potential' in this character without making the story all about fighting over her. And no matter what, readers will come down to 'why can't Killua just wish for this and that' to solve whatever obstacle there might be. So she seems like a device to force Killua out of the main character role.

FaustXIII
February 29, 2012, 05:49 AM
See How Powerful Alluka's Appearance in the Story is?
Almost all of us wonder how TOGASHI will use her in the next chapters...

Host Samurai
February 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
See How Powerful Alluka's Appearance in the Story is?
Almost all of us wonder how TOGASHI will use her in the next chapters...

I think that Killua will turn Alluka into a Nen user. Problem solved. :derp

chei
February 29, 2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah that's why she's such a Mary Sue who came out of nowhere, and totally ruin the story balance. And I wonder (worry) how Togashi will use her without people rolling their eyes. To me the only way he can use her is to get rid of her. I don't think such presence is interesting at all for story sake, and quite impossible to continue on. The way she's written just felt like a device instead of an actual character (thus the lack of personality). I hope Killua and Alluka will bow out forever ala Kurapika from now on.

Noonealive
February 29, 2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah that's why she's such a Mary Sue who came out of nowhere, and totally ruin the story balance. And I wonder (worry) how Togashi will use her without people rolling their eyes. To me the only way he can use her is to get rid of her. I don't think such presence is interesting at all for story sake, and quite impossible to continue on. The way she's written just felt like a device instead of an actual character (thus the lack of personality). I hope Killua and Alluka will bow out forever ala Kurapika from now on.

Every post you had put on the forum are always pessimistic.. There isn't a bright side of HxH?

Popo
February 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
So far to me, Aruka is a Mary-suesque, story balance ruining character who's created to separate Killua from Gon/Main story arc, or the series is ending. I don't see much 'potential' in this character without making the story all about fighting over her. And no matter what, readers will come down to 'why can't Killua just wish for this and that' to solve whatever obstacle there might be. So she seems like a device to force Killua out of the main character role.
Gon hasn't been alone since the Fourth Phase. Togashi probably will split him up with Killua because he's going to give Gon some time with his dad.

Also, Killua doesn't want to ever use Nanika's ability again. Illumi does. Conflict in interest. You can be sure that Illumi is going to be chasing after the two of them until he can control them again.

FaustXIII
March 04, 2012, 12:17 AM
Remember the title of this discussion?
GON AND KILLUA SEPARATION

AND THEY DID SEPERATE! :]
BANZAI!

there76
April 05, 2012, 10:43 AM
Gon hasn't been alone since the Fourth Phase. Togashi probably will split him up with Killua because he's going to give Gon some time with his dad.

Also, Killua doesn't want to ever use Nanika's ability again. Illumi does. Conflict in interest. You can be sure that Illumi is going to be chasing after the two of them until he can control them again.

I am guessing the arc after this one or the one after that one will probably involve Illiumi and that is when they become reunited again.

Either that or a time skip will happen at some point.

futurefrog
April 05, 2012, 06:13 PM
I think we will time skip shortly to the point in which Beyond is prepared to go to the Outside, which will be a few years. Gon will be older and the grand stage of the arc will be none other than Meteor City, suspected gateway to the Outside.