PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 271 Discussion

ghostexiled
February 10, 2012, 07:41 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

chapter is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80182058/1

sarutobi_sensei
February 17, 2012, 06:44 AM
Lucy had this from the start if that bitch wasn't targeting the others...

I really wish that she doesn't lose on the next chapter to save the girl... Please someone notice what's going on...

Lucy has really improved, 3 Spirits in one go and mixing attacks of 2 of them.

Like we suspected, the higher ups are involved with Zeref.

ghostexiled
February 17, 2012, 06:47 AM
yeah it is nice to see Lucy actually come out the gate kicking ass for a change... of course Raven Tail would play dirty to secure a win.

I am guessing that Lucy will lose based on next weeks title...

Baka_Sousui
February 17, 2012, 06:57 AM
Whoo!! Lucy finally gets and impressive power up. Up to this point I think it was safe to say that everyone was worried Fairy Tail members wouldn't make much progress. Good to see that those worries are no longer necessary. Also it seems all the Stellar Spirits may have new outfits. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

JunKisaragi
February 17, 2012, 07:25 AM
Just joined the forum. Hooray!

Anyhow, so that explains Flare Corona's name. Hmm...regarding the title of the next chapter, it seems that Lucy-dono is going to make a very tough decision. Although I still hope that it is not what we expect it would be. Keeping my fingers crossed 'til next week. :)

I did enjoy her whipping that psycho-bitch into desperation though; and those combos! Man, those were crazy!

sarutobi_sensei
February 17, 2012, 07:29 AM
Well, right now I'm seeing FT losing this competition, but coming out as the strongest guild in Fiore in the end. Why? Cause they'll be the ones that end up taking out whichever dark force is present.

Not Zeref himself, no, that will be for later, but after this, they'll be recognized as they were before, the strongest.

LoS
February 17, 2012, 07:48 AM
can you say boring. how many times do you have to remind us that the "red" attached to your name is to coincide with your hair color, which so happens to be your form of magic, magic which I find pretty lame.

a holy knight, meh, nothing amazing there. he's got an average design.

that being said, like others said it is good to see that lucy can finally do something for once and isn't doing well due to bullcrap powerups or sheer blind luck. she's actually got decent strategy. thankfully lucy made up for the corona girl being a bore, her lame magic and irritating forced psycho attitude/facial expressions.

regular vote for me

Sumpner
February 17, 2012, 08:29 AM
Liked that Chapter, this arc is shaping up. I am guessing like Sarutobi_Sensei said they might lose the competition but will beat whoever these Knight people are!

Zeref being mentioned and the Holy Guard working for him, this could get very interesting.

I am guessing that the previous age has ended and Zeref has awoken his evilness again.

I have a wild theory but as we have New Dragon Slayers, did the Dragons believe that Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel died? Is that why they started training new slayers.

Also i am guessing that Sting and Rogue will not use any of the Dragon Slaying magic we have seen before, as they killed their dragons?

I doubt that Metalicana, Grandine and Igneel would be killed, as that would not make for a good story.

I also believe that Acnologia is Zerefs teacher and he is a Dark Dragon Slayer.

All wild theories and without any real basis, but that is what i reckon will happen.

k-dom
February 17, 2012, 08:32 AM
Funny how since the turnament start the master is the most immature of them all. Well he's always been a bit like that
Lucy able to fight decently is nice to see, especially since she was confident in herself from the beginning.
As for the clifhanger, it seems like the typical dark side storage scenario. Gray hatred last week point in this direction to.
Fairy tail, may the force be with you...

Ifrit
February 17, 2012, 08:48 AM
:super Lucy.

I can't remember seeing Lucy fighting this serious, and she's really doing well. The power as we expected more than one spirit at a time. I hope she will win doing more than just calling spirits. "Never bored from Lucy Kick" I hope I see it soon :P

Also I expected this event to be something like sucking power for certain purpose. I'm not sure if translation is correct with next title "Noble Loser" not sure if it means Lucy gonna withdraw from the fight. I hope not.

I vote Good for this chapter. Honestly can't wait for anyone from Fairy Team B to fight. I've seen enough from Fairy Tail Team A except for Elfman.

Looking forward for next week.

Ero-Sanji
February 17, 2012, 10:10 AM
Finally Lucy and Taurus kicking butt and not getting tossed around for comic relief , nice to see that she can use two at once and also change them quickly and fit for battle. Her skills with the whip has also grown powerful. I wouldn't say that Luffy was in the front seat though, since the hair girl has more hits on Lucy without taking notice of the "cheating", she's also more agile even though Lucy has variety on her side.

Arcadias was also very interesting since that proves that Zeref has connections in Fiore. I wonder what the plan is though, could it be that they are simply gathering magic or generating hatred? Also, doesn't he look like a fusion of Azuma and Ivan?

lawlett-kun
February 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
pretty good chap. honestly was surprised at Lucy power and that she actually keeps up with Raven Tail .. pretty impressive. cant wait for next chapter. lame lucy will loose tho

hakuthehedgehog
February 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
Great chapter, and I think that Lucy has grown even more than some realize: first, the amount of magic power she has has increased, and with that she can summon more spirits. However, not only she can summon more spirits, but they themselves are stronger because Lucy herself is stronger, so that means her growth is exponential, as the spirits can make combos and such.

Not only that, but she can effectively summon 4 spirits as once, as Gemini can summon altleast one more.

About how Lucy will get out of this tricky situation: I honestly don't know: having Gemini turn into Flare to learn her secrets wouldn't work because of the crazy thoughts she has, but maybe she can silently summon virgo and have her either intercept the hair or alert the child.

Also, so far Gemini has had the ability to use flawlessly the abilities of the one it copies: does that mean it can turn into master Makarov and own everyone?

kakashidad
February 17, 2012, 11:14 AM
Great issue..lucy is angry,is'nt she..lol.I thought,that corona girl was her out of mavel ''Inhuman''title,
lmao(for those that know).Still,i liked how she shows no sign of strain whilst having 3 gates open..
the tables may seem that they've switched.And lucy is in a poor position.But if the first is anything
then she'll be able to step in.Or the parents for that matter?I doubt that any of the specator cheering
for FTA will allow anthing to happen to her..they should be on their guard.Having just disscussed Raven
tails motive for targeting them..?

I can hardly wait for the next installment,if i'm honest.I'm not sure about those holy mages.I'm
begining to think that their the ones behind the ''mysterious'' magic..lol.But their also apart of that
''loyal cult'' that's losely affliated with zeref..no?I'm off :cheez
laters.

wooticus
February 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
It's one of those typical shonen fights in which the hero struggles because he/she didn't go all out to go for the finishing blow right from the beginning.
Lucy's improved skills were impressive, though she might have won if she used leo + capricorn instead of taurus + scorpio.

"noble loser" really sounds like lucy would lose. Maybe she will. This would mean that each member of fairy tail has to lose just so save the day after the tourney and be called fiore's real number 1 guild.
But what about the B-team?`I really can't see both teams screwing in each round of the tournament.

But about that fight of lucy... Well while it is not really surprising that raven tail is cheating and playing dirty tricks to win over fairy tail... i agree with mavis (lol): there has to be more about beating fairy tail that hard than just embarassing them. This all seems to planned. That Raven Tail guy totally destroying gray from the beginning... then lucy having to fight raven tail again immediately.. I hope this won't go on to long because it would be really boring to see each FT member lose because RT played unfair.
I see this all as setting up the atmosphere and characterising the competing guilds, for example RT as those bad guys, sabertooth as totally overpowered... I just hope Mashima doesn't overextend it too much.

kkck
February 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
Loved every bit of the chapter, thats how stellar spirit magic is supposed to be like. That second magic container made a huge difference to say the least, even angel didn't seem to be even close to what lucy is doing now. I didn't quite expect her stellar spirit magic to be capable of combining in such a form. I always thought summoning 2 golden key spirits would be something exceptional to watch however seeing them collaborate in such a manner was a surprise. I had conceived the idea of lucy summoning stellar spirits as weapons (say caellum for taurus or something) but this is quite better. Even when lucy could summon only 1 spirit at a time she was still one of the more versatile members of the gang simply because she had access to more magic types than the rest (1 type of magic for each spirit) however now that she is able to actually work in such a fashion her versatility is limitless. As long as she keeps her second magic container she is gonna pull new magic spells out of her ass on a regular basis. I am still waiting for her to do some other stuff though. Since her spirits user her magic I still expect she at some point will use actual spells to boost her spirits and at some point actually have a set of weapons to boost each stellar spirit.

I do wonder what other combinations are possible at this stage though. Unfortunately we don't know what exactly is it that caprico does however we should be able to speculate on other spirits. Aquarius and loki should work well in tandem with other spirits should they choose too. Still, aquarius is mostly very uncooperative lol. I wonder how lucy would fare when summoning aquarius now though. Since lucy is stronger then aquarius should be too. In this regard, perhaps aquarius attacks will be a tad more dangerous to her than before.

Airget
February 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
can you say boring. how many times do you have to remind us that the "red" attached to your name is to coincide with your hair color, which so happens to be your form of magic, magic which I find pretty lame.

a holy knight, meh, nothing amazing there. he's got an average design.

that being said, like others said it is good to see that lucy can finally do something for once and isn't doing well due to bullcrap powerups or sheer blind luck. she's actually got decent strategy. thankfully lucy made up for the corona girl being a bore, her lame magic and irritating forced psycho attitude/facial expressions.

regular vote for me

If you noticed she also goes out of her way to remind Blondie of how much she's a blonde. It's just how her character is, she's kinda psychotic and prideful over the color of her hair and seems to have something against the inferiority of "blond" hair. <_< I wouldn't be surprised if there was a backstory that depicted her as being picked on by a bunch of blondes cause she was the only redhead which caused her magical powers to manifest over the pride of her hair lol.

With that said though it will bother me if she ends up giving up cause of the whole "hostage taken in the middle of a battle scenario". Perhaps it would make sense if there was no one there to protect Asuka, but she has the whole fricking Fairy Tail guild by her side and the 1st and 3/5th lol. You would also think that the committee would pick up on it and disqualify her for using outside means in a battle. But of course that it based on the name of the next chapter, hopefully that isn't the case but if she forfeits over this whole hostage deal I'll say that would be poor writing since the scenario isn't set up for said hostage to be in a serious threat when there are people around her that should notice red hair creeping up on her lol.

Atobe the king
February 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
Nice chapter, almost forgot it was lucy for a second. I'm guessing she's saving Leo and Capricorn for later in the event since this is just the first round. Just disappointed it has to come to playing dirty.

Lolisthereanignorefunctiononthissiteyet?

-Ken-
February 17, 2012, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't put it on chapter name to mean a thing. Fairy Tail chapter name have been VERY deceiving several time in the past. Such as when Erza/Markarov is about to "died" for an example.

I like the chapter. i actually kind of doubt "hostage" is against the rule, considering how shady this tournament. I didn't see any part of the rule of the battle that go against. it.

Aikidoka
February 17, 2012, 01:41 PM
Voted "Boring" because of my disappointment with Flare's magic, but I may have been too hasty in my judgment. The chapter did after all contain a long-awaited power-up for Lucy.

Raicrune
February 17, 2012, 01:43 PM
Great chapter! What a performance Lucy did a good job with combining the spirits.I tought Cancer spirit would be perfect counter and make Flare bald and finsih her off or something but i'm okay with this too. Seems like Lucy's is gonna lose cuz of the title Noble Loser but i hope this is a troll. Raven tail is interfering too much doing unfair things now. Lucy should start with kickin them back.

So whats with the Holy knight.. it looks like he's the evil thing jellal is looking for. And he's got an armor suit with a sword as well.. looks like he will be fighting Erza.

masgrande
February 17, 2012, 01:52 PM
The chapter and fight were really awesome, finally Lucy is kicking a good amount of @$$. It really excite me that Zeref might be evil again, I really want to see him at the top of his game.

Gats
February 17, 2012, 02:06 PM
Lucy lacks of cunning sometimes, I would have been her, I would just have pretended to not being able to see Flare's dirty trick and finish her as fast as possible.

Anyway good chapter, even if I expected a bit more from flare.

garcon
February 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
pretty cool chapter thanks to lucy fighting well by herself (was about time):

I liked :

-Taurus wasn't "funny", I mean he didn't go "Whoa, redhead boobies, nice" before getting knock out. This time he directly go for the killing blow (it failed but still, I liked it)
-Scorpio looked powerfull (it surprised me because I find him lame)
-combination of stellar spirits attacks, how awesome is that ? now you imagine all the possibilities and a combo from all of them at once called "stellar judgement" kicking some asses
- Lucy able to fight without stellar spirits thanks to her whip (kind of)

I disliked :

-the redhead girl's magic, she whips her hair back or forth, cool for her, hope she won't get sued by willow...
- the goofy master makarov, he has always been kind of goofy but come on, "what the aim of raven tail" "making fun of us of course!!!" yeah of course, the son you bannished and his psychotics mages just want to humiliate you, they are not dangerous at all, that's why you use Gazeel as a spy...
-the hostage situation, come on, Lucy looks badass for once, my wish has become true and now she has to restrain herself from winning ?! the little girl is useless, lucy just has to use gemini and their parents won't even notice she is gone

- and the last, I already said it but I will say it again:
natsu: "show them the result of our training"... they DIDN'T train ! they grow stronger thanks to random magic, maybe I'm a bit harsh on this but come on, I don't really care about how they grow stronger (well at least I say so) but they could at least have some respect for those who really trained themselves instead of partying with stellar spirits.

I didn't give a damn fuck :

-the last dude

have a nice day people

matzik1212
February 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
Good chapter , nice job Lucy . She did quite well with 3 simultaneous spirits summoned , this shows the training with Jellal's help wasn't for nothing :thumbs .

From the title of the next chapter i 'm thinking Lucy will lose on purpose ? :gwah I don't really wanna see that .
Didn't think that messed up girl will result to such dirty tricks :-_- , i was sure she would be a pain in the ass 'cause she was strong but that totally pisses me of . It would be good if someone from FT , i don't know maybe Mavis, finds that hair and Lucy won't have to give up though the title doesn't sound promising :( Hate that stupid woman

hakuthehedgehog
February 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
Loved every bit of the chapter, thats how stellar spirit magic is supposed to be like. That second magic container made a huge difference to say the least, even angel didn't seem to be even close to what lucy is doing now. I didn't quite expect her stellar spirit magic to be capable of combining in such a form. I always thought summoning 2 golden key spirits would be something exceptional to watch however seeing them collaborate in such a manner was a surprise. I had conceived the idea of lucy summoning stellar spirits as weapons (say caellum for taurus or something) but this is quite better. Even when lucy could summon only 1 spirit at a time she was still one of the more versatile members of the gang simply because she had access to more magic types than the rest (1 type of magic for each spirit) however now that she is able to actually work in such a fashion her versatility is limitless. As long as she keeps her second magic container she is gonna pull new magic spells out of her ass on a regular basis. I am still waiting for her to do some other stuff though. Since her spirits user her magic I still expect she at some point will use actual spells to boost her spirits and at some point actually have a set of weapons to boost each stellar spirit.

I do wonder what other combinations are possible at this stage though. Unfortunately we don't know what exactly is it that caprico does however we should be able to speculate on other spirits. Aquarius and loki should work well in tandem with other spirits should they choose too. Still, aquarius is mostly very uncooperative lol. I wonder how lucy would fare when summoning aquarius now though. Since lucy is stronger then aquarius should be too. In this regard, perhaps aquarius attacks will be a tad more dangerous to her than before.

Lucy shouldn't have any problems with Aquarius, as long as she summons scorpio along with her: she would never hurt her beloved lol.

In this situation, Lucy might be able to summon Virgo and have her either stop the hair or go to the other side and protect Azuka.

Also, I just noticed how Jura was somewhat annoyed by his lack of hair and Flare's usage of it.

exacta
February 17, 2012, 03:50 PM
Flare's hair magic is okay I guess, it fits her character. At least shes not a Stellar Spirit user. That guy from Trinity Raven already had special hair though....

I'm annoyed that they keep calling the powerup they got from Urtear as training. They did not train....they got a power up. At best they had a few days of training.
Don't really care for Arcadias, he looks like a goofy villain. His words are interesting though, although Zeref being connected to this is predictable. Good chapter.

liductan
February 17, 2012, 04:21 PM
Nice chapter, Lucy was serious for once, I don't care about arcadias....
Just like I thought,these battles are becoming personal..
It has begun..this is how I want it to be ...

fizban
February 17, 2012, 04:27 PM
There is more to Flare's magic than just hair. Look at how her hair was able to eat through Lucy's boots after grabbing them for only a moment. It either has some fire element to it as well, or has some sort of corrosive acid. Either is the real threat to Lucy, and most likely the reason why she would drop out of the match next week. She knows exactly what will happen if that hair wraps around the bare skin of our littlest Fairy.

When Flare started using her hair I instantly thought "SUMMON THE GIANT ENEMY CRAB". Good for Lucy for bringing out that killer hairdresser.

I really hope Lucy doesn't drop out of the match next week. There is an entire guild of people who can help that little girl sitting right there. Surely one of them would notice she is being strangled if it came to that. It wouldn't be the end of the world if Lucy let the 20+ competent mages handle a strand of hair.

shuha27
February 17, 2012, 04:33 PM
I swear I've been waiting for Lucy to fight like this! She was amazing and kicked ass. I really hope she does end up winning, there are so much other fairy tail members near Bisca's daughter. They better notice that Flare is trying to threaten Lucy -___-

For some reason I thought Arcadias was talking about Lucy being the "matured fruit" but I really doubt it. It is probably the weird magical energy Jellel felt. Can't wait for next chapter, this arc is going well so far.

Edelheld
February 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
never cared for Lucy much, so... her power-up is ok, I guess...
Liked to see more of Flare(fapfapfap) but her magic is lame. I wanted magic of Raven Tail to be more ominous or something like that =/ But the way she calls Lucy is understandable now with her obsession with hair. Maybe she judge people based on their hair color? Then her possible chat with Elza might be interesting.

Uriel
February 17, 2012, 08:38 PM
Lucy is one of my favorite characters, so I actually enjoyed a lot this chapter. Gotta love how She grew. <3
And those combos!

I'm sure Lucy will use Leo+Cancer combo for an ultimate win.

crimsonlink310
February 17, 2012, 09:21 PM
Hmm well I hope Lucy doesn't lose next week. I hate reading chapter where the hero/heroine is beaten up and their friends are forced to watch until the match ends.

I loved that Lucy used Taurus and Scorpio together so easily and her fighting style has improved greatly. I eagerly await the next chapter.

MechR
February 17, 2012, 09:22 PM
Come on, Raven Tail, is that all you've got after 7 years of prep? :oh

Also, doesn't he look like a fusion of Azuma and Ivan?
Yeah, that weirded me out.

Ifrit
February 18, 2012, 09:22 AM
Come on, Raven Tail, is that all you've got after 7 years of prep? :oh

Yeah, that weirded me out.

hahaha..True..first time I saw him I was....this must be Azuma brother seeking revenge. but then Ivan image hit me too :P

Uranometria
February 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
Since Lucy has been powered up I wonder if she retain the ability to use uranometria.....

Uriel
February 18, 2012, 01:40 PM
Since Lucy has been powered up I wonder if she retain the ability to use uranometria.....
She probably doesn't fade now :O

lawlett-kun
February 18, 2012, 03:53 PM

with all the people gettin powerful in 7 eyars i doubt uranometria can be consdered even a powerful spell haha.

AluminumTough
February 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
I just read fairy tail over the weekend...I was kind of worried that they actually killed off the main characters there for a minute. But I'm liking where this arc is going. Lucy seems quite a bit stronger than before especially since she can summon two spirits at once and quickly change them; in earlier arcs that would have drained her energy. I agree with whom ever said Lucy kick, that'd be the best to end this battle.

Krono
February 19, 2012, 08:29 PM
with all the people gettin powerful in 7 eyars i doubt uranometria can be consdered even a powerful spell haha.

Uranometria would still be a powerful spell. The only difference is that Lucy could likely use it now without exhausting herself.

Uriel
February 20, 2012, 09:52 AM
Maybe She knows how to use more planets. Plutognosis :O

Kazu-Sama
February 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
My prediction for this arc is Fairy Tail A-team loses overall - stupid reasons like hostages and the like. Then a big bad appears and all the other teams are helpless but Natsu and co who proceed to beat it up, showing themselves as the strongest guild in Fiore. But I also think Fairy Tail B will win the tournament, showing that they can make 2 teams, each of which is stronger than all the other guild's first teams. Then they are the strongest guild both officially and unofficially, and back to kicking ass

REN KOUEN
February 20, 2012, 12:24 PM
these raven tail jerks go straight for the jugular i am hoping lucy kicks her ass, but judging by the title it seems lucy may let her win or forfeit

i am sure fairy tail will do something amazing to wind up winning the tournament, that or the tournament will be cut short because of something to do with that arcadias guy or zeref or both

i am hoping that jellal and ultear and melody (or however you spell it) will eventually be able to clear their name and join fairy tail

Ifrit
February 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
Well from the title clearly Lucy is gonna just sit there and take hits until she can't stand on her feet.

I know that Flare is threatening her with hurting Bisca daughter, but in-front of Makarov and Mavis ...Mavis the person who saw it instantly that Gerard is not a guild member, and he can see through his heart and sense people magic.

I never thought that Lucy would lose this fight, Its the first time I see Lucy fight like this. I hope she will win somehow.

I think she's gonna use Virgo to win also. she's smart I'm sure she will think this way.

Narosian
February 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
Well from the title clearly Lucy is gonna just sit there and take hits until she can't stand on her feet.

I know that Flare is threatening her with hurting Bisca daughter, but in-front of Makarov and Mavis ...Mavis the person who saw it instantly that Gerard is not a guild member, and he can see through his heart and sense people magic.

I never thought that Lucy would lose this fight, Its the first time I see Lucy fight like this. I hope she will win somehow.

I think she's gonna use Virgo to win also. she's smart I'm sure she will think this way.

I'd love to see Lucy win too, but I just don't see that happening since in every arch it seems like fairy tail always gets its butt kicked until the very end.

REN KOUEN
February 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
yea fairytail definitely has the "rocky" element down lol

i thought mavis was a girl o_O

Kuzumikun
February 21, 2012, 01:15 AM
i would try giving a sign to my guild if i was her D: but overall AWESOME chapter :D lovee lucy's double summon thing :D

REN KOUEN
February 21, 2012, 01:21 AM
yea i want lucy to win pretty bad, it seems raven tail is pretty strong as a whole but not as strong as fairy tail or sabertooth

i dont see any way fairy tail team b would lose in a battle, that team is viscous juvia may be the weakest and she can be badass when she wants to

i think we will see lucy's fight end and the next battle begin this next chapter

Marche
February 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
My comment about this chapter is very long, for this reason I put it under spoiler tag:
Before of write about the match between Lucy and Flare I will write about how the chapter ended.
For a second I thought that the knight was Azuma, perhaps he is his brother.
I don’t believe than that man is one of the 10 Holy mages, I believe than the flower and the symbol on his coat are symbol of the kingdom, indicate that he is one of the knight of the Fiore’s kingdom.
Anyways he has something to do with Zereff, but I don’t believe that Zereff is involved in this tournement, also because Zereff would have act directly, he would not delegate to other.
Anyways what Mavis says about Raven Tail’s goal http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/4 could be a hint that Raven Tail’s goal is not only that of embarrass Fairy Tail, but that perhaps they have something to do with the misterious force.
Anyways for how the things are now I don’t think that they have others goal, I don’t believe that they are allied with Arcadias.

Anyways I really liked the two imagine of the wolf, that first it was minacious, then after the cut of it seem a small defenseless wolf .
I also liked that Lucy repeats Flare’s words when she compares her “Fleuve d’Etoiles” to Flare’s hair.
I think that also Asuka is really cute, I believe that she is the cutest kid in Fairy Tail, counting also the other girl when they were kid.

I must say that I really like Flare, I think that she is hottest than Lucy, perhaps also thanks to the clothes that she wears, she is truly hot particularly in this 3 pics http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/5 (first frame); http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/14 and here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/18.
In the second page she seem that she has a little bit of fear, while in the third she is truly a psyco.
I really liked also the last frame of this pic http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/8 , also if she is not hot here, I liked the pics because her hair seem to several snake.

Anyways as I wrote in the topics of the chapter 270 or also in the “Great Magic Games thread” I thought that at the beginning Lucy would fight with only one stellar spirit for time, while Flare would have wait, she would not have fight, because she wanted to have some fun, I thought that she didn’t wanted to finish the things immediately.
But then after seeing that this was useless, Lucy would have began to summon more stellar spirit at the same time and for few time, not only one time.
So she would have combinated their attack and finally she would be able to injured Flare.
After that I thought that Flare would have been serious, perhaps because after seeing her own blood she would have lose her controll and would have used her true powers, perhaps from the shock.
In a similar way as Bell in Katekyo Hitman Reborn http://www.mangareader.net/284-20323-19/katekyo-hitman-reborn/chapter-102.html or Gaara against Sasuke (chapter 114).
To tell the truth I hoped in something more similar to “Gaara vs Sasuke” that to what happened to Bell, because Bell remained in controll while Gaara lost his controll.

For this reason I really liked this chapter until chapter 16.
In fact excluding for the fact that that Lucy immediately began to use more stellar spirit on the same time from the very beginning of the match, it seemed that all my predications came true.
Anyways what I don’t like of the fact that Flare threatens Lucy is not the fact than Flare took Asuka as hostage, in fact I really like that she threatens Asuka’s life because so she seem truly psyco.
What I don’t like is that most likely this will make Lucy’s defeat less severe, that this fact will attenuate her defeat.

In fact perhaps Flare will say that she will not touch Asuka, that she will stop to threatens Asuka’s life if Lucy will deliver her stellar spirit keys and her Fleuve D’Etoiles.
Obviously Lucy will not give her keys and her Fleuve D’Etoiles directly, for the audience will seem that Flare stole these items.

Anyways I don’t thik that someone will discover that Asuka’s life is in danger, because they are all observing the match and anyways Flare hair are hidden.

Anyways I believe that after this Flare will destroy Lucy’s slowly but surely, she will torture Lucy.
Counting that Lucy (in the truth Cancer did it) cut her hair she could decide to do the same and cut Lucy’s hair completely.
But to tell the truth I hope that this will not happened, I don’t want Lucy bald, this would sucks, also perhaps at the beginning this could be funny.

I would prefer if Flare will strip Lucy completely, I think infact that for Lucy would a greater humiliation if all the audience will see her naked.
But in the truth I really don’t care if she will be completely strip, in fact what I truly want to see the most is to Lucy utterly destroyed, I want that her face would be similar to that of Natsu here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/244/19.
I hope also that several of her bones at the end of the battle will be broken, so that she will not be able to continue the tournement, and perhaps only for the fifth day she will be replace from Wendy.
I hope this because I don’t like Lucy’s character, because she is always helped, she nevere lose, also more than Natsu (and anyways at least Natsu will fight always the greatest villain of each saga, except for Jose in the war against Phantom, while Lucy except for Hades she always fight against some submitted).

Anyways I don’t think that Flare uses this trick for gaining the victory, I think that she wants to see Lucy’s suffering because Lucy damaged her hair http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/15, in fact I believe that for Flare her hair are more important than her life (I write later what I think happened).
In fact I don’t think that she would uses this trick if the part damaged would be another part of her body.

I believe this also because in the truth she was not overwhelmed by Lucy, they were almost in the same situations.
In fact if I would give the points I believe that they have both 2 points.
In fact both of them would have gained one point herehttp://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/13.
But before of it Lucy would have gained one point when Cancer cut Flare’s wolf, while Flare immediately after that responed http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/12.

Anyways this is what I think about Flare power:
Anyways I must say that immediately after having read the chapter I did not liked Flare power, because I thought that her power was similar to that of the two sister of Hancock (the wolf of hair was similar to the two snake of Hancock’s sister) or that of Jiraiya in Naruto.
But to tell the truth after reading several times the chapter I have changed opinion.
Beside I think that Flare not only can catch and possibly suffocate her enemies, but counting the fact that she made an hole on the ground, I believe that she can strengthen her hair, so he should be able to cut or pierced the enemy as if she would used a spear, a knife, a sword.
She could attacks from underground so her enemies will not be able to detect her attacks.
In a similar way to how did Riful in Claymore http://www.mangareader.net/485-29360-10/claymore/chapter-49.html http://www.mangareader.net/485-29379-19/claymore/chapter-68.html http://www.mangareader.net/485-29381-14/claymore/chapter-70.html.
There is the possibility that she could use her hair as a whip.
Beside I think tha her hair can create a life, is a type of creation magic just like Gray’s ice.
I think this because the wolf was not only made of hair, for example the eyes, his claws and hir fangs are not red, it are not made of hair.

Anyways this is what I think happened with Flare and her hairs:
1) Flare was in someway kidnapped, she was abused or torured like happened to Erza or Urtear, and for some reason her hair was the only thing that gave her relief in her life.

2) But most likely (and I hope that this really happened) for the colour of her hair she was discriminated, her past has been similar to that of Kushina Uzumaki in Naruto, or perhaps I should a mix between the two.
In fact as Kushina she was always discriminated, perhaps by the other girl of her village which were for the majority blondes, they not only isolated her but sometime they beaten her, most likely they touched her hair, perhaps they cut it.
Perhaps is for that reason that she has the scar on her left arm.
Then I think that in one of the time suddenly She awaken her magic, just like happened to Erza http://www.mangareader.net/135-7196-17/fairy-tail/chapter-81.html http://www.mangareader.net/135-7196-18/fairy-tail/chapter-81.html http://www.mangareader.net/135-7196-19/fairy-tail/chapter-81.html.
Perhaps this happened because she desidered to have the power for obtain revenge, for punish them.

Probably after that she met Ivan and then for the first time someone loved her hair (perhaps was Ivan said that her hair have the colour of the sunset) and that he wanted her power.
And one hint of the fact that she was discriminated and isolated from the other is the fact that she creates a wolf, a wolf which represents the loneliness (just like for Stark in Bleach).
I think that we will see her past later, not in this fight, perhaps in the contest or if my theory about the fifth day is correct in her battle of that day.

Anyways after the battle Lucy will tell the truth to the others, probably when they are alone.
But in the truth I hope that she will say it immediately after the battle, perhaps she will ask if Asuka’s is fine, then after the other will ask the reason of her question she will tell the truth.
I would be happy if Natsu will be angry, and then he will say that Raven Tail will pay for that, perhaps when he will say it he will be in his new mode http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/246/3.
Anyways if also the other guilds and the audience will know the truth I hope that they will applaud to Lucy.

Anyways I don’t think that Flare will face Natsu on the contest, I think that she will face Erza, because they are both female and have the same hair colour, or at least very similar.
In the truth I hope that they will not face each other in a constest, in fact I think that the fifth day will be a mix between the contest and the battles.
In fact I believe that we will have five battles from 30 minutes, where each group will send one member of the group, the choice will be made from the group not from the sponsor.

Anyways I am not so sure that Erza will win, in fact if as I believe we have not seen all the things that Flare’s hair could do (I wrote of it above), Erza could lose.
In fact Flare’s hair could be used to catch Erza, to stop her movements exactly as in her fight against Azuma http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/236/19.
In fact at the beginning Erza seem almost unbeatable, but in the Tower of Paradise the swordwoman named Ikaruga destroyed all her armours except for Fairy Tail’s armour.
Then against Azuma also Fairy Tail’s armour was defeated, but in someway Gerard’s desires reached her and so she was able to continue and win the fight.
For this I believe that now she could be defeated seriously.
Anyways perahps if Flare will try to kill her I believe that someone will save her, probably Gerard himself.

REN KOUEN
February 21, 2012, 10:13 PM
damn why do you want lucy beat up so bad?

Shadoguardian
February 21, 2012, 11:03 PM
You know, if it were me in Lucy's shoes, I would have summoned Gemini and Virgo after I was face-planted. Virgo for an underground ambush and to control the earth, and Gemini to help counter Flare's hair and thoughts. However, by the looks of the name of the next chapter, at the end of this one, it looks like Lucy might end up losing since I can't imagine Flare being a "noble loser".

ndulzky
February 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
Same with everybody else, I love that Lucy seems stronger now. I have been waiting for that moment, since I still believe somehow Lucy and her mother hold a more significant role in the overall FT plot (what with her mother's death being on the same day that the dragons went missing).

However, again like everybody else had said, the next chapter's title makes it seem like she will lose in the end. I would really love to see Lucy being serious in battle and then triumphs with her own efforts and not just luck or helped by others... I thought that time finally came while reading the chapter, but then it was quickly taken away too... still crossing my fingers though! Someone said in this thread that sometimes the titles of the chapters are misleading - I agree and hopefully this is one of those cases!

But if not...since the time limit of the battle is 30 minutes, I am envisioning Lucy being beat up without fighting back, but not surrendering either until the time limit is up. Thus the title "Noble Loser". And... usually she'd get her clothes ripped up here and there...that seems to be a trend, and it has started with the boots... I know this is probably adding to the appeal element or maybe some humor...but sometimes I would like to see Lucy in a slightly different light. Maybe a little more like Erza? She is pictured being sexy as well, but when she fights, even with scantily clad clothing, I see Erza as a strong, dependable warrior. Whereas Lucy, I see her as a girl fighting her best but somehow needs somebody to rescue her in most of her fights as well. Maybe her character is made like that on purpose, and there is nothing wrong with that either... It would be boring if everybody's personalities/characters are the same anyway. :)

And yeah, what's with the matured fruit started to ripen thing?

All in all, I liked the chapter and looking forward to the next!

REN KOUEN
February 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
yea i imagine fairy tail will lose in the first few rounds only to STORM back to win the tournament, or the tournament will be cut short due to zeref or whatever arcadias is plotting

but as for next weeks chapter.... i hope someone else in fairy tail will notice that hair and do something about it. but the title does basically tell it all

then again it could be setting us up for a shocker

also i know someone has probably already said this but is this manga on break for this week or can we expect to see the release tomorrow?

Gats
February 24, 2012, 07:22 AM
Chapter n°272 is out on mangastream.

sarutobi_sensei
February 24, 2012, 07:24 AM
Can someone open the 272 discussion thread?

Gats
February 24, 2012, 07:28 AM
Can someone open the 272 discussion thread?

Not yet unfortunately.
The chapter is out sooner than expected anyway.

I invite you to wait.

sarutobi_sensei
February 24, 2012, 07:40 AM
Oh well, since we can't actually discuss it here, we'll just have to wait :)