PDA

View Full Version : Special Move Can Even PoP Save the Junior-High Schoolers?

Brandnewkid
February 13, 2012, 04:08 AM
Re-reading the Tezuka-Yamato game, it seemed like none of the U-17 were impressed or even reacted to Tezuka's reaching of the PoP. Maybe there's something even more advanced that the high schoolers know of?

LetalHawk
February 13, 2012, 09:33 AM
Re-reading the Tezuka-Yamato game, it seemed like none of the U-17 were impressed or even reacted to Tezuka's reaching of the PoP. Maybe there's something even more advanced that the high schoolers know of?

I think that the top high schoolers (Shuuji, Byodouin, Tokugawa and Ryoga) wouldn't have problem returning the shots. If you have high base skills, then you can react to Tenimuhou super fast shots and return them. However, I think that, like Synchro, the stronger the player is, the more effect Tenimuhou will have. Echiizen may be way stronger in TnK than he was before going to train to the mountains.

Ryoma in his current level with TnK would stomp Oni, Irie, and Tokugawa, but players like Shuuji or Byodouin should be able to deal with it. And the top high schoolers need to know about Muga No Kyouchi and his doors, there's no way they haven't heard about it. Ryoga should have some doors, but not TnK.

And something stronger than TnK is possible, but not now. Tenimuhou is the ultimate ability, there's no way some top High Schoolers would beat Nanjiro, Nanjiro would stomp them all.

FrostyMouse
February 13, 2012, 09:57 AM
Okay, we'll start from the beginning.

Irie's impressed by GUYU (http://www.mangareader.net/343-57582-3/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-36.html), and then right as Tezuka starts to gain TnK, Shuuji comments to Kazuya that Tezuka has more ahead of him (http://www.mangareader.net/343-58158-5/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-37.html).

Nowhere does it say that Shuuji, Kazuya, and Irie think that Tezuka's a lamer. Maybe you want a massive, "OMGZ, OMGZ, OMGZ," but that's just not happening.

As Irie's impressed with GUYU, the fact that Tezuka is able to break GUYU says a lot about him, and then that he even goes further and gains TnK means that the top HSers think quite highly of Tezuka.

LetalHawk
February 13, 2012, 10:01 AM
Okay, we'll start from the beginning.

Irie's impressed by GUYU (http://www.mangareader.net/343-57582-3/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-36.html), and then right as Tezuka starts to gain TnK, Shuuji comments to Kazuya that Tezuka has more ahead of him (http://www.mangareader.net/343-58158-5/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-37.html).

Nowhere does it say that Shuuji, Kazuya, and Irie think that Tezuka's a lamer. Maybe you want a massive, "OMGZ, OMGZ, OMGZ," but that's just not happening.

As Irie's impressed with GUYU, the fact that Tezuka is able to break GUYU says a lot about him, and then that he even goes further and gains TnK means that the top HSers think quite highly of Tezuka.

I can just say what I said, Shuuji would beat PoP Tezuka since he can return the shots.

FrostyMouse
February 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
I can just say what I said, Shuuji would beat PoP Tezuka since he can return the shots.

Except, you just don't have any proof of that. Nanjirou dominated the world with TnK and you just assume that plenty of HSers can break TnK? I believe that Shuuji's the best player in the U-17 Camp, but that doesn't mean that I don't think he's above TnK Tezuka, because that would be basically ludicrous. As far as we can see, TnK breaks everything.

LetalHawk
February 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Except, you just don't have any proof of that. Nanjirou dominated the world with TnK and you just assume that plenty of HSers can break TnK? I believe that Shuuji's the best player in the U-17 Camp, but that doesn't mean that I don't think he's above TnK Tezuka, because that would be basically ludicrous. As far as we can see, TnK breaks everything.

Look, I think Tezuka with TnK can't be defeated, but Ryoma with TnK would crush Shuuji also.

But he wasn't fazed about Tezuka when he was playing with Hyakuren and then TnK. He said that he has more to do. That has to mean something.
He might be better than Hyakuren Tezuka but inferior to TnK Tezuka. Also, Mouri, who is No.10 returned ZSS the second time he saw it, if he can do that, I can't believe what Shuuji can do.

Brandnewkid
February 13, 2012, 05:42 PM

I dunno about Shuuji being the best player in the U-17 camp, but I do know that:

- Nowhere is it stated or shown that Nanjiro dominated the world with TnK; it's heavily implied and shown that it was his natural abilities that helped him win tournament after tournament and even beat Bundro, the former number one ranked player in the world;

- If TnK was as serious as a threat to these high schoolers, then the U-17 coaches would've taken note of Ryoma's ability to reach the Pinnacle and made him a 1st stringer off the bat. There's obviously something way above TnK that the high schoolers must possess.

Synchro was a state of mind that was said to only be attained by professional-leveled doubles players. "You can't reach the professional level without being able to attain Synchro," is what the Hyotei captain said. And look at this, even some of the U-17's non-best doubles players can do it like it's second-nature to them. I'm pretty sure that The Selfless State and it's doors are nothing to the high schoolers.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but plot points that were treated as legendary in the original PoT are now being treated as ordinary in NPoT. It's just a matter of whether or not Konomi can have all the middle schoolers not be at the point where they have to play catch-up even moreso than they already are.

LetalHawk
February 13, 2012, 05:54 PM
I doubt PoP will be defeated, is stupid to think they have something stronger than PoP when they haven't seen Ryoma using it during a match, we'll have to wait what can they do against it. Ryoma stomped Yuki and wasn't even playing all out with TnK, if a very strong player plays all out with TnK, then it will be almost impossible to beat him.

FrostyMouse
February 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
I dunno about Shuuji being the best player in the U-17 camp, but I do know that:

- Nowhere is it stated or shown that Nanjiro dominated the world with TnK; it's heavily implied and shown that it was his natural abilities that helped him win tournament after tournament and even beat Bundro, the former number one ranked player in the world;

- If TnK was as serious as a threat to these high schoolers, then the U-17 coaches would've taken note of Ryoma's ability to reach the Pinnacle and made him a 1st stringer off the bat. There's obviously something way above TnK that the high schoolers must possess.

Synchro was a state of mind that was said to only be attained by professional-leveled doubles players. "You can't reach the professional level without being able to attain Synchro," is what the Hyotei captain said. And look at this, even some of the U-17's non-best doubles players can do it like it's second-nature to them. I'm pretty sure that The Selfless State and it's doors are nothing to the high schoolers.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but plot points that were treated as legendary in the original PoT are now being treated as ordinary in NPoT. It's just a matter of whether or not Konomi can have all the middle schoolers not be at the point where they have to play catch-up even moreso than they already are.

TnK hasn't fallen, so...

Renji was just overhyped.

It actually said that you can only be the best in the world if you can use Synchro. You had to experience being backed into a corner with your partner and then explode upwards. Ochi/Mouri > Mutsus, but the #1 doubles team in the world will, with about a 99.9% certainty, be an amazing pair of singles players who can synchro. However, they'll somehow fall to the GP, and yeah...

Brandnewkid
February 15, 2012, 01:19 AM
What does Renji have to do with anything?

I believe TnK can be overcomed. I mean, if it's really just a matter of whoever has the stronger natural abilities while in TnK, that means that every other international U-17 team is going to have TnK.

What's the point of that?