PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 272 Discussion

ghostexiled
February 17, 2012, 06:34 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Uriel
February 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'm actually ANNOYED that Lucy lost by the works of Obra. BUT I did enjoyed how powerful Lucy has become.

Ifrit
February 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
Lucy :(

That raven tail member who hurt Wendy...I think he's really powerful to just erase this powerful spell from Lucy.

I wonder what magic he uses.

black lightning...I think Laxus Vs the armored mage of Raven Tail ?

Laxus getting his ass kicked...poor Laxus..not a single win in a serious fight was recorded for you, and you are strong mage they keep saying. :S

3c
February 24, 2012, 09:25 AM
Damn, I really hate how dirty scumbags Raven Tail are. What a bunch of weaklings who can't win with their own power. I can't wait to see Fairy Tail, especially Natsu and Gray bring down carnage on them.

Lucy was AMAZING in these chapters. I'm mighty impressed.

sarutobi_sensei
February 24, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'm sad that Lucy lost, but I'm happy that she lost because of someone else's intervention. Raven Tail has no chance of winning against Fairy Tail on a one on one fight, a fair fight. Lucy summoning Urano Meteriora was amazing. She truly has developed well.

It's a shame however that no one on the bench noticed that there was a mass of hair almost strangling Asuka... What the hell were they thinking?

Laxus vs the Armor guy? Would be cool. But alas, I'm predicting another loss for FT. I didn't want that to happen, but later on, Laxus fights him again and defeats the guy.

Obra's magic is probably absorption magic, or some kind of void magic, like that guy from Element Four, Aria.

Maybe he can suck up the power of a conjured spell. Or negate it. Or both. Either way, it's troublesome for FT.

It is now shown however, that Tenrou team is now able to fight on the same level of the other mages of other guilds.

FrostyMouse
February 24, 2012, 09:41 AM
We'll see what happens. I was rather disappointed that Lucy lost because of cheating. If she'd used Gemini and won, I wouldn't have had a problem; I do, however, have a problem that no one managed to see the hair near Asuka nor that Obra stopped Lucy's Uranometria.

Uriel
February 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
Even so, Mashima has done well in making all of us completely HATE Raven Tail. :P

Hamy
February 24, 2012, 10:01 AM
How powerful is that imp/guy if its ability is basically one that I think we can consider a "mage killer" given how efficiently and quickly it can erase magic as it happened with Lucy - or even drain it as what has happened with Wendy. I wonder if it is a sort of lost or forbidden magic. In any case I find that battles like these will be hard pressed to win since the Raven Tale are able to "discreetly" - yeah just as surprised that neither the master nor the 1st master noticed the hair and it took Natsu's hearing XD) use their magic to assist their allies. Oh well once they are aware at least they should be more careful - guessing the down time after this will help to warn them - but I find it hard to see how they'll be stopping the imp as there was absolutely no indication how the magic was erased and it was done so quickly hardly anybody notices it - other than the fact that it was magic that should have happened but didn't.

REN KOUEN
February 24, 2012, 10:02 AM
fucking cheaters man, i have no idea what that guy with the big nose's power is , but first they threaten bisca's daughter then they cancel lucy's badass magic spell

you would think some kind of referee would be appointed to make sure teams dont cheat...

either way its as i thought fairy tail will be in last place and then storm back to the top for some suspenseful come from behind underdog win at the end of the tournament

frozen18ice
February 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
lucy was awesome i would have hated it if she just gets tortured by that raven tail hair person the whole time without anybody noticing the hair, i bet nastsu smelled the funky scent of it. the way mashima show how lucy have grown was right on. i wonder how many battles is the first round, it seems like there will be more or less 5 matches the game then 4 then another game and so on this will be a very long chapter plus the outside mystery.
i wonder if levi will sript the outside so no cheating can be done. or with freedo,

Kuzumikun
February 24, 2012, 10:21 AM
OH WOW! I'm pissed at Raven Tail...when i saw Natsu get the hair and Lucy summon Gemini ready to do Uranometria i was SOO HAPPY, then this random person had to dispel her magic! GAH cheaters....anyways I'm proud of Lucy, seems like her and Grey are fired up and want to rip their heads.

HaiSuShi
February 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
Wow, Lucy really managed to do Uranometria again. Damn, that was awesome! :wtf

It was really good to see her fight seriously after all the joke battles she had in the past. With the combination of stellar spirits and her ability to perform Uranometria without any outer help she's extremely powerful. But not only that, she has potential for new combinations and even further growth.

Also, Natsu impressed me for finding out what was wrong in the fight. These dirty scumbags from Raven Tail!
I cant wait until they get the beating they deserve, Mashima-sensei is really good with villains, even if they look absolutely ridiculous.

Kill them dead, Fairy Tail!!:pwned

Airget
February 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
It is a relief that she didn't outright lose because she was forced to surrender, it was so sneaky of him to actually put that in the chapter though it's amusing how she almost lost because of her sickness to want to torture her. Though you would think the tournament would have some rules against aggravated assaults where what does something like branding prove in a match other then being outright dirty handed. Though she was also pretty open with her motives directly telling Lucy what she was doing so you would think the announcers or something would of heard it but there was no interference.

It's possible there is a Raven Tail member that's able to muddle the sounds within an area so no one is aware of what's being heard which is why they were able to react to the magic in the way there were able to. So it wasn't just that they erased the magic in question but perhaps the minion that appeared is also capable of that. Raven Tail definitely has a lot of tricks up their sleeve and they are smart with how they go about it. It would look natural for Lucy to overexert herself near the end of the battle with how much she had used her spirits at the start and then attempting with a strong finisher. With the way things are turning out though I really don't see this competition actually completing itself, there's definitely going to be a breaking point or perhaps the evil force that's been noticed will make an appearance as Fairy Tail begins to rise up in the ranks.

It does appear however that the Fairy Tail group that was locked away for 7yrs is still the best in their ranks, while the 30 days of training did help team B there's also the natural battle experience that they've been through that helps them in a real fight. Even though we did have a scene where Natsu was being overwhelmed by an opponent of his own guild it's only because they know what Natsu's capable of so it's easy to fight something that you know about rather then fighting in a a blind fight.

Wonder how long it'll be before Natsu is involved in a match, right now we do have Gray who feels demoralized from being picked on and unable to do anything about it and Lucy who's dealt with being laughed at for looking weak in front of the audience cause she "failed" to cast a spell. It just makes ye wonder what might happen if Natsu loses, since he's been the one to comfort his allies how will he react if he's unable to pull through in a match because of Raven Tail's underhanded tactics. It's to bad they don't have anything like Freed Justine's magic to eliminate the threat of outside help in combat, since he could easily make a barrier preventing their magic from leaving the battlefield as well as prevent magic from entering the battlefield.

ndulzky
February 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
I was so excited seeing Lucy's development! Just what I have been waiting for! From now on Lucy should be able to handle some battles on her own.

In this chapter, when Lucy was going to use Urano, at first I thought that Lucy might win the battle, but then the committee would somehow disqualify her afterwards because she kind of received help from Natsu. Seeing how shady these competitions are, I thought that maybe taking hostage would not be breaking the rule for them.

But then that happened! It sucks! Like we were built up to see something awesome and then nothing! Omg... Seeing Lucy cry was very heartbreaking. She poured everything into that attack. It must felt like, the one time she could have been the one who turn the table, and those cheaters did that...

I am glad Natsu heard Lucy and helped Asuka, and that he cheered her up at the end.

The next thing Lucy needs to learn is to preserve some of her power after using a big attack. Until the last minute I was still hoping that she would stand up again and beat the Raven Tail girl to death. I think she could've done it with her whip or her own hands after that girl was terrified seeing Urano.

Go Lucy!!!

Atobe the king
February 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
Even so, Mashima has done well in making all of us completely HATE Raven Tail. :P

Yeaaaaaaaaa lol. I'm on the fence....i wanted lucy to win..the build up of that spell was too cool. Also....i really wanna know what went down with Makarov and his kid because the tournament barely began and RT has humiliated the crap out of FT..and thats just RT, theres still ST to worry about. Good chapter though

Gats
February 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
lol@Mashima for building up the hatred toward Raven Tail.

I'm a bit surprised that no one noticed Flare cheating after Natsu's intervention, it was pretty obvious. She should have been banned. Anyway, if they don't discover who's behind it, Fairy Tail will never win.

REN KOUEN
February 24, 2012, 01:27 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaa lol. I'm on the fence....i wanted lucy to win..the build up of that spell was too cool. Also....i really wanna know what went down with Makarov and his kid because the tournament barely began and RT has humiliated the crap out of FT..and thats just RT, theres still ST to worry about. Good chapter though

yea this is setting us up for a flashback episode that will tell us the backstory of what happend between ewin and makarov

also i was dissapointed to see lucy cast such an awesome spell just to have them cheat, yes i agree that raven tail is pretty damn pathetic and i am starting to really hate them, i mean if they are strong and just kick ass but are evil but to fucking cheat....i cant stand cheaters.

i really want to see natsu kick someones ass in a battle type situation, or erza!!

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

lol@Mashima for building up the hatred toward Raven Tail.

I'm a bit surprised that no one noticed Flare cheating after Natsu's intervention, it was pretty obvious. She should have been banned. Anyway, if they don't discover who's behind it, Fairy Tail will never win.

yep that is why i said i am shocked such a big tournament has no type of referee to watch for that kind of stuff

wooticus
February 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
Wow. Mashima REALLY wants to make people hate Raven Tail. As for all enemies until now they had a greater goal - even if it was evil. Most of them even fought noble or were just badass. The best example is Asuma. But Raven Tail seems to be nothing but scum. From the very first matchup they just cheated to embarass Fairy Tail.

But i hope this will stop soon. Some things seem to begin to work out of character now. Natsu's reaction to what lucy did was great and it was just fine - but i can't see makarov holding it much longer? How long it will until he confronts ewan/iwan? But well. Yajima seemed to notice it and i think he will be setting out to find the origin of raven tails cheating. It will leed to their disqualification somewhen when they start to brawl against the real enemy of this arc (this commander guy it seems).

I want Laxus to be shown soon. We always see makarovs reaction towards ewan, but never laxus'...

And how did Lucy learn that spell? Did she remember out of nothing? She hadn't even time to practice... Moreover it is one of this one hitters. If you miss, you lose because it takes too much magical power... I still think a double summon of Leo & Caprico might be more powerful in a real fight.

ps: Well it quicked sucked when gildarts departed right after the timeskip to be on his own again. Now we know the reason behind this doing. Considering his reaction towards bluenote and his hate against ewan this cheating would had its possible ending in the destruction of the whole arena by gildarts magic. (Wow, i want Fairy Tail to just destroy Raven Tail so much right now)

Makath
February 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
I think these tournament is rigged... I also wouldn't be surprised if all the previous editions were as well.

I remember FT characters saying how "unlucky" they were with the previous contests, and in this edition is clear that ST and RT have unexplained advantages. I would guess it has something to do with whoever is living in the castle were Wendy was attacked...

My bet at this point would be that the whole thing is designed to harvest magic power, and assure highest status to certain guilds is just part of the process.

P.S: Lucy Uranometria was awesome, but i had minor "Naruto feelings" when she used Gemini to (almost) cast it...
P.P.S: Makarov and Iwan's story will (finally!) be addressed, and Gajeel probably will play a part. It was weird when Iwan said HIS name upon the arrival of FT Team B, considering his SON was there.

Aikidoka
February 24, 2012, 02:32 PM
Most everything's already been said -- Awesome Uranometria from Lucy, dirty Raven Tail cheaters, etc...I think it's kinda cool though that the big-nose guy can nullify magic (seemingly). He's IMO the best design out of the Raven Tail mages, glad to see he's got an equally cool magic.

frozen18ice
February 24, 2012, 04:00 PM
i wonder if lucy will get to fight orca, to get him back for taking her attack, it could be a tag team fight with wendy that would be nice to have payback.

Poneglyph420
February 24, 2012, 04:04 PM
Wow RT, is the lowest of the low... They must be in on something. Now just to figure out what that something is.....
After Hades and Ultear I thought I wouldn't hate any other characters more... Well done Mashima San, I'd like to "cleanse" RT out of existance..

Nice build up, but I'd like it if FT loses the tournament, but finally reveals the dark secrets of this place..
Kind of a lose the battle to win the war scenario....

exacta
February 24, 2012, 04:14 PM
The amount of Lucy fanservice in this chapter was ridiculous.....sheesh Mashima. I liked Flares design but her magic was really uninspired. Oh well she's clearly not one of Raven Tail's best anyway, one of the lower ranked members.

I have a problem with Lucy using Uranometoria though. Hibiki giving her that spell was a one-time deal, and she had absolutely no idea what was happening while she was casting and remembered nothing afterwards. Plus she was able to remember and learn how to cast such a high level spell in only a few days?? Well its not the the most ridiculous thing Mashima's done so whatever.

Krono
February 24, 2012, 04:20 PM
I have a problem with Lucy using Uranometoria though. Hibiki giving her that spell was a one-time deal, and she had absolutely no idea what was happening while she was casting and remembered nothing afterwards. Plus she was able to remember and learn how to cast such a high level spell in only a few days?? Well its not the the most ridiculous thing Mashima's done so whatever.

She had at least a couple months in which to ask Hibiki what he'd done, look up the spell for herself, and start attempting to learn it. That's months exclusive of the time spent on Tenrou Island, or in the Stellar Spirit world. And she probably asked him before the alliance parted ways.

LoS
February 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
I really don't see why people are pumped or excited for this chapter.

Lucy's spell took ages to incant, seriously, if she was up against any competent mage in this tournament they would have tried to counter the spell rather than quaking in their boots. Corona has been a very pathetic character from the get go. Mashima designed her to used a magic we have already seen before, hair magic wasn't exciting back then and it isn't now. We have seen the psychotic personality before as well. Just nothing interesting at all about Corona.

I know Mashima is trying to develop a motif here of having everyone feel Fairy Tail is a loser guild, and that Raven Tail are going out of their way to confront Fairy Tail, but it is just getting tiresome. It's really not something I can legitimately complain about, but it's just my personal opinion.

Also, to the people saying Fairy Tail vs Raven Tail in fairly fought 1 v1 battles would always turn out a Fairy Tail victory, well no shit. They are the focus of this manga, they have had cop outs left and right from Mashima forcing them to win their battles.

The chapters have all had their flaws, but they have also had interesting moments, so I really can't degrade them too much. It is just that personally they aren't exciting for me, I want them to be, but for some reason I simply am no longer captivated by Fairy Tail. I will continue to read since I've completed plenty of chapters. so I will just sit back with low expectations and read them for the fights or sudden plot twists and just hope for the best I guess.

brebaz
February 24, 2012, 04:47 PM
WOW! this was- wait for it -expected!! i knew from the beginning that lucy would lose from someone intervention!! it was a boring chapter for me.

RT, is So so. nothing to them except the aim for FT?! unexplained for now! but my guess would be a rigged tournament, and that this whole tournament wouldn't see a finish because of something that will occur in the middle of everything and then FT will start wrecking Havoc in the arena.

sarutobi_sensei
February 24, 2012, 04:52 PM
Well other mages noted what happened. Makarov, Yamajii look at his expression, and I'm sure that FT team B also noticed something. As well as members of other guilds. The audience however, is being kept in the dark.

And not having a referee is also part of the dark scheme that's going on in this tournament.

lucy was awesome i would have hated it if she just gets tortured by that raven tail hair person the whole time without anybody noticing the hair, i bet nastsu smelled the funky scent of it. the way mashima show how lucy have grown was right on. i wonder how many battles is the first round, it seems like there will be more or less 5 matches the game then 4 then another game and so on this will be a very long chapter plus the outside mystery.
i wonder if levi will sript the outside so no cheating can be done. or with freedo,
Nah, he heard Lucy whispering Asuka-chan.

Lucy using Gemini to summon Uranometriora was interesting. And I didn't get the part of, doing it together, doesn't make it as powerful as last time. But, why does she need Gemini to do it? Can't she summon it by herself?

@LoS - well, yeah her character is a mix of other characters we've seen before, but I'm sure there's another purpose for that.

And Lucy took time to summon the spell last time as well. And we know that this always happens in manga/anime. Whenever one of the characters is going to use a bigger attack, the opponents never do a thing.

And on the part of 1vs1 fights, it's always been like that. But, they have also lost before winning. Not on full scale fights, but it still counts.

In this case, we know that Lucy would've owned Corona if it wasn't for her blackmailing and the other guy's intervention.

Anyway, Laxus vs the Armor guy seems to be coming next. Will it be the 3rd loss in a row?

Ifrit
February 24, 2012, 07:43 PM
Lucy using Gemini to summon Uranometriora was interesting. And I didn't get the part of, doing it together, doesn't make it as powerful as last time. But, why does she need Gemini to do it? Can't she summon it by herself?

Anyway, Laxus vs the Armor guy seems to be coming next. Will it be the 3rd loss in a row?

I believe by summoning Gemini her power increased or doubled.

I think if Laxus lost this it will be because of Ivan doing something to his son by taking the Lacrima inside Laxus body. I think Laxus will go in Dragon force to beat the black lightning guy from Raven Tail, but I hope if that happened Laxus would be able to use Titan magic just like his grandfather and that will be his win.

exacta
February 24, 2012, 08:24 PM
She had at least a couple months in which to ask Hibiki what he'd done, look up the spell for herself, and start attempting to learn it. That's months exclusive of the time spent on Tenrou Island, or in the Stellar Spirit world. And she probably asked him before the alliance parted ways.

From what it sounds like she never asked Hibiki since he's surprised, plus there was never any mention of any training back then before Tenrou Island, and they only had about a week to find a partner before the exam. The gap between this arc and Tenrou Island in which Lucy could've developed this spell as a result of most of their 3 months being lost is very short. You'd figure she'd use something like that in the fight against Hades if she could. Right after Oracion Seis was Edolas, there wasn't much of a timegap there either. There was no time for her to train. For her to be able to use this without any mention of it for the past 100+ chapters since its use and without much time for training, when its supposed to be an extremely difficult spell seems a bit much.

Uriel
February 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know why you all say She forgot it. Why? She already did the spell and it wasn't one time deal. If anyone can certainly PROVE that the spell will be erased after execution when She first make it, I would gladly take out my words. Hibiki said that He SHARED some energy for Lucy that time to be able to make that spell and INSTALLED the knowledge of it.

About the time used while executing it...It happens EVERY TIME in EVERY MANGA except Berserk or HxH. Aside those, there is always some precious moments the characters use to charge their power. I like to think that the awesomeness freezes the enemies.
Let's just remember for a moment Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball and even modern fighting shounen like Naruto or Bleach. EACH of them have this. Talking in every rol game takes at least 6 seconds of the time and it's only when you're saying a short phrase. They usually speak TONS of shit to hit. EVERY.FUCKING.SINGLE.TIME.

exacta
February 24, 2012, 09:40 PM
http://www.mangareader.net/135-21280-19/fairy-tail/chapter-144.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-21281-2/fairy-tail/chapter-145.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-21281-3/fairy-tail/chapter-145.html

Those links are after that battle and show that she was not conscious of what she was doing while performing Uranometoria. In the third link she's even confused as to why shes so exhausted and why Angel is so wounded.

http://www.mangareader.net/135-21280-17/fairy-tail/chapter-144.html
And theres Hibiki referring to this as a one-time transfer of the data on how to cast the spell. I don't remember a scene where Lucy talks about what happened, I looked and couldn't find one, if anyone does feel free to show me.

Uriel
February 24, 2012, 10:06 PM
Damn you seem to be right. Then Gemini told her :P

JunKisaragi
February 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'm glad that Lucy has shown that much growth due to their "training", but her loss leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. It would have been epic if that spell landed, but alas, Raven Tail had to cheat.

I guess they (FT members) were so into the fight that they all let their guards down. I mean, you're not supposed to be in any danger if you're just watching, right? So thank you, Natsu. :)

As for that weakling Flare, she cowered in fear while Lucy was casting Uranometria yet she had the guts to trashtalk after her "win". Tch.

Yajima did notice that something's up. I guess he'll just play along to find out what that something is.

BTW, is Obra the little devil or the one with the mask, or both? I'm pretty sure that the little devil was the one who dispelled Uranometria (as it was waving at Flare) but the guy with the mask also "laughed" (I suppose he was laughing). Hmm...

As for the spell itself, Uranometria, I'm guessing she learned it from Crux. I'm thinking that before, Hibiki uploaded into her the full spell, power and all, with her just being a vessel. In this chapter however, she had to recreate it and she needed double her current power to conjure such spell maybe due to the nature of the spell itself (they don't call it "Ultimate Magic of the Stars" for nothing).

EDIT (ADD): At first I thought that it could have been Gemini who told her. Although in this Chapter, it was shown that Gemini would only have memory of the last instance they copied someone. Like when Gemini appeared in the arena with just the towel on.

In Lucy's fight with Angel, Gemini has already been unsummoned by Angel when Lucy cast Uranometria. So that would mean Gemini wouldn't have knowledge of the spell.

And wait a sec, did Lucy summon Gemini without her even holding their key? Ooh...part of the perks of the power-up?

Oh well, a lot of guesswork here, I did enjoy this chapter and I'm looking forward to that one chapter where Raven Tail gets theirs. Hoping Acnologia would show up and swoop down on their asses. Hahaha!

Krono
February 24, 2012, 11:21 PM
From what it sounds like she never asked Hibiki since he's surprised, plus there was never any mention of any training back then before Tenrou Island, and they only had about a week to find a partner before the exam. The gap between this arc and Tenrou Island in which Lucy could've developed this spell as a result of most of their 3 months being lost is very short. You'd figure she'd use something like that in the fight against Hades if she could. Right after Oracion Seis was Edolas, there wasn't much of a timegap there either. There was no time for her to train. For her to be able to use this without any mention of it for the past 100+ chapters since its use and without much time for training, when its supposed to be an extremely difficult spell seems a bit much.

Several days passed from the end of the Oracion Seis arc, to the start of the Edoras arc. This includes both the time after Wendy's arrival at Fairy Tail, and more importantly, the time after Jellal's arrest to the time that Wendy arrived at Fairy Tail. Cait Shelter disappearing isn't the only thing that would have happened in this stretch of time. That's the stretch of time in which the alliance of guilds would have been exchanging explanations of things that happened that the others missed, figuring out how everyone was going to get back home, and saying goodbyes. This is when Lucy like would have gotten more details from Hibiki about how she defeated Angel, and learned about Uranometria.

Then after the Edoras arc, and indeterminate amount of time, but probably a few weeks passed before the start of the Tenrou Island arc. Then after they returned from Tenrou Island weeks passed before they learned of the tournament and decided to participate.

All told, that's at least a couple of months for her to be attempting to learn it in, though she likely didn't have much success in actually casting it until after Ultear's power up. Hence why she'd still been practicing it recently, and Gemini's comments on them not having practiced enough to be sure it'd work.

Hibiki's surprise is easily explained by him being surprised she was able to learn it in what was a few short months for her, rather than him being surprised that she knows the spell exists.

Particularly when you look at Dragon and Fly Scan's version, and see that his line there is "Is that what I think it is?! (http://dragonflyscans.org/manga/fairy_tail/272/13.html)" rather than Mangastream's "That magic... it couldn't be!! (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99679570/13)". We'll have to wait for a raw to say which translation is more accurate, but either way he does not seem more than mildly surprised, and somewhat happy/admiring that Lucy's learned the spell.

I don't remember a scene where Lucy talks about what happened, I looked and couldn't find one, if anyone does feel free to show me.

We don't need a scene of Lucy talking about it, with either Hibki, or with Gemini to figure that it happened. It's perfectly logical that they'd talk about what happened to Racer, Angel, Midnight, Cobra, and Brain/Zero, and that everyone would want to know the whole story of everyone's battles. Likewise it's perfectly logical that Lucy would be curious as to how Angel was injured to the point of defeat.

shuha27
February 25, 2012, 12:36 AM
I really hope there is a chapter where Grey, Wendy, and Lucy get their own revenge against Raven Tail. I really want to see Raven Tail them get their butts kicked

Did Lucy summon Gemini without their keys?
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99679570/11

MechR
February 25, 2012, 07:02 AM
black lightning...I think Laxus Vs the armored mage of Raven Tail ?Nah, RT just finished their match for this round. I'm betting it's the Jecht-looking guy from Sabertooth.

Speaking of black lightning... He's not gonna be the Lightning God Slayer, is he? :oh

Shadow Limiter
February 25, 2012, 07:24 AM
From what has happened until now, i think the strange magical energy which Jellal talked about is somehow related to the reactions the audience is giving to the people who have failed in the tournament.

I have a feeling that there has been some sort of spell been performed on the tournament area which collects all the negative feelings of the audience (which they are creating against the losing team especially FT in this tournament) and turns it into dark magical energy, in the same way Mavis turned everyone's positive emotions to magical energy in order to activate Fairy Sphere.

ca12nag3
February 25, 2012, 10:58 AM
From what has happened until now, i think the strange magical energy which Jellal talked about is somehow related to the reactions the audience is giving to the people who have failed in the tournament.

I have a feeling that there has been some sort of spell been performed on the tournament area which collects all the negative feelings of the audience (which they are creating against the losing team especially FT in this tournament) and turns it into dark magical energy, in the same way Mavis turned everyone's positive emotions to magical energy in order to activate Fairy Sphere.

as it seems there is a balance with every magic typ there is no doubt there is a alternate Fairy Sphere for the negative. I dont think it will be shown or used , and especially not with the crowd. There is a purpose other then honoring the magical power of the country to this tournament but its not some device or spell for emotions :D

exacta
February 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
We don't need a scene of Lucy talking about it, with either Hibki, or with Gemini to figure that it happened. It's perfectly logical that they'd talk about what happened to Racer, Angel, Midnight, Cobra, and Brain/Zero, and that everyone would want to know the whole story of everyone's battles. Likewise it's perfectly logical that Lucy would be curious as to how Angel was injured to the point of defeat.

Several days is a short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. It was supposed to be a high-level spell, someone like Lucy shouldn't be able to master a spell like that in a few days. She definitely shouldn'tve had enough time to complete it in the current arc. A short few months would seem a bit much to me but I guess I could see it....but almost all of the 3 months in which she could've trained was lost when they went to the Stellar Spirit World. Which means she would've been able to do it last arc if she had learned it, which makes me wonder why she didn't seeing as FT was almost screwed alot of times in that arc. If Lucy at any point grew so much she could use Uranometoria by herself, Mashima should've wrote about it.

I honestly don't even care, Lucy vs Flare is not exactly the highlight of this arc. I'm glad her match is over, want to see some of Mashimas more interesting characters fight. Just pointing something out.

matzik1212
February 25, 2012, 02:02 PM
I wanna screammmmm . God i can't believe this is what happened to make Lucy the noble loser . Can't believe nobody except FT sensed that other members from RT interfered with Lucy then , i mean i'm positive this dude from the judges (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/16) sensed something was off but he still didn't do anything . And those idiots spectators are always annoying me with their remarks about FT . I just wanna see those bastards from RT humiliated already and not in a easy way , please Natsu give them a hardcore humiliation :kukuku

To tell you the truth the main reason i gave this chapter an epic vote was 'cause of Natsu :XD , yeah this chapter he rocked . But Lucy did a good job as well in the end though it's a pity those cheated in the end 'cause otherwise that bitach would have been KOed . Damn can't believe she had the nerve to laugh in Lucy's face knowing the weakling she is:yelling

frozen18ice
February 25, 2012, 05:54 PM
anybody noticed this
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7118-9/fairy-tail/chapter-3.html
compare to this
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/6
most of the other ones she summon dont change other than virgo in the start was base on her perception. aquarious is one of the strongest be we all know she works
i wonder because leo, capricon, aquarious, scopio, they dont change or will they

exacta
February 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
I wanna screammmmm . God i can't believe this is what happened to make Lucy the noble loser . Can't believe nobody except FT sensed that other members from RT interfered with Lucy then , i mean i'm positive this dude from the judges (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/16) sensed something was off but he still didn't do anything . And those idiots spectators are always annoying me with their remarks about FT . I just wanna see those bastards from RT humiliated already and not in a easy way , please Natsu give them a hardcore humiliation :kukuku

Come to think of it your right it is odd that none of the other contestants noticed anything....I mean at the very least you'd figure the DS's from Sabertooth would. Then again we have no idea exactly what Obra did. Maybe FT figured it was RT just because from their point of view its clearly obvious they're out to humiliate them. I hope that Raven Tail will play a part in another story in the future to though. Wouldn't want their role to just stop at playing dirty in the tournament. All this taunting by the crowd reminds me of the Dark Tournament.

BlackHair
February 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
Srsly Mavis, Makarov and the rest of the guild are there but no one notices her hair, except Natsu. Wasn't his trait good nose instead of ear? Or am I mixing it up with Toriko? Not important anyway, just disappointed at the rest of the guild. I understand Mashima intended to make us hate RT, but this scenario made me look down on Mavis and Makarov (once again). Could have been written better/differently I think. Starting with the RT girls magic power.

As to Lucy's Uranumetria, Im not sure why she can use it. If I remember right, she couldn't recall using it the first time, so why can she she use it? There are no hints in the manga that she learned it from Hibiki and giving his reaction I hardly think she asked him. Lucy's Uranu and Natsu's lighting fire, Mashima should explain these more properly instead of leaving it to the readers imaginations. Hopefully there are some explaining coming in future chapters.

I voted "average". It was Orga who saved this chapter for me. Besides that Im also glad that this fight ended in this chapter.

MONKEYS
February 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
Nah, RT just finished their match for this round. I'm betting it's the Jecht-looking guy from Sabertooth.

Speaking of black lightning... He's not gonna be the Lightning God Slayer, is he? :oh

Oh, that would be so awesome!

So, considering the next chapter is named "Orga of the black lightning" (not Obra btw, the guy who Flare noted as dispelling Uranometria), I'm guessing this Orga guy is from Sabretooth, and next chapter's battle is against FT B. I think the organisers are part of the enemy here, and they're trying to snuff out the biggest threat (ie FT). Hopefully it will be Laxus vs Orga, and it's some epic lightning battle (assuming Orga is the lightning god slayer)

I also hope the other guild's battles are skipped, but the results still shown, and maybe a frameshot of the finishing blow of each. Not many of the other guild members interest me (except for Jura).

Also, can't wait for Jellal to enter the fray.

frozen18ice
February 26, 2012, 01:53 AM
As to Lucy's Uranumetria, Im not sure why she can use it. If I remember right, she couldn't recall using it the first time, so why can she she use it? There are no hints in the manga that she learned it from Hibiki and giving his reaction I hardly think she asked him. Lucy's Uranu and Natsu's lighting fire, Mashima should explain these more properly instead of leaving it to the readers imaginations. Hopefully there are some explaining coming in future chapters.

I voted "average". It was Orga who saved this chapter for me. Besides that Im also glad that this fight ended in this chapter.

i say gemini, he/she copy a persons memories and everything that person have done they mention that they have not practiced much. meaning gemini copied lucy knows about the skill told lucy about it she does not remember but it happened so it can be copied in geminis data base

Shiro Tsuki
February 26, 2012, 02:24 AM
Meh! :/
You kinda get pissed off! Obviously, he is making us hate RT - and its kinda working on me!
The whole crowd booing Lucy seems almost confusing...
I mean - She dominated the fight - Had some tough punches on her opponent - (who btw was shaking with fear at some point)
They don't seem to understand anything about magic - Bunch of mindless trolls! :-_-

It is actually groundbreaking to have 'The Lucy' lose - She almost relied on her own powers -
Alas - That just didn't make it...
But I doubt FT will suffer more losses...

matzik1212
February 26, 2012, 07:38 AM
Come to think of it your right it is odd that none of the other contestants noticed anything....I mean at the very least you'd figure the DS's from Sabertooth would. Then again we have no idea exactly what Obra did. Maybe FT figured it was RT just because from their point of view its clearly obvious they're out to humiliate them. I hope that Raven Tail will play a part in another story in the future to though. Wouldn't want their role to just stop at playing dirty in the tournament. All this taunting by the crowd reminds me of the Dark Tournament.

Well seeing this chapter has made me think that in the end RT were just overrated characters that mainly rely on cheap tricks to advance further and nothing more. Only freaks . I just can't wait to see them defeated.

We still couldn't see the reaction of Blue Pegasus and the other guilds , i'm really curious to see if indeed only FT noticed there was outside assistance. ;)

masgrande
February 26, 2012, 03:47 PM
The people from the future are @$$h0le$.

Raven tail really made me mad this chapter, I really hope they get last place in the tournament!!!

Uranometria
February 26, 2012, 05:06 PM
Ppl does read manga backwords....the reason lucy learned uranometria is because of gemini. Gemini can copy persons abilities and thoughts sooo while lucy forgot gemini would remember and also the reason she used gemini to perform the attack is because uranometria requires alot of magic power and even with lucy's power up it wouldnt work so basically gemini turned into lucy which gave gemini lucy's power up as well makiing it enough for the spell. Think of it as a unison raid.

Raicrune
February 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
Its amazing how Mashima trolled us with "noble loser" thinkin she would surrender which was about to happen but wasnt over yet and made her lose by letting RT cheat so that we can hate RT even more. Nice Mashima Nice.

Its kind of sad Mavis the first fairy tail master didnt even notice flare's hair right behind her. Even Makarov was near but oh well even Natsu would not know if he didnt hear Lucy.

Quantized
February 26, 2012, 08:54 PM
LOVED the chapter, but where is the justifying of interference from outside the match?
I seriously hope we'll see something about it, minimum 2 panels from the judges or something similar, can't be too much to ask for.

I need a good reason for why Raven Tail won through unfair play and didn't get disqualified. Natsu's words pretty much made it almost sure that they won't get disqualified or give Fairy Tail the victor next chapter, so hopefully, no troll next chapter! This has to be justified, or it's a troll.

I aint gonna fall for that kind of story development without such an important writing detail, if I have to fully emotionally let me flow with Fairy Tail and cheer on them, then I want a damn good reason why they didn't win through Raven Tails unfair play.

OtakuModeEngage
February 27, 2012, 01:43 AM
Wow, lol, talk about one track mind, everyone is only concerned about how Lucy lost. Well at any rate, putting up runes to block outside magic would not work, because runes use magic too, so they would just be absorbed or negated or whatever. Some of you mentioned that Lucy should learn to control how much magic she uses, but we don't know that the spell Lucy used would have normally even consumed all her power; after all, it was stopped by absorption guy, so its not far fetched to say he took the rest of her power in the process. Many of you say Fairy Tail will be the underdog that unexpectedly makes it to the top, but with absorption guy around, they can't even fight. Remember, all their attacks use magic, so there's no way they stand a chance at winning unless they can deal with him. Also, I think the more pivotal scene was not the Lucy cheat scandal, but when Zeruff was brought into view, I can't help but to wonder how he is a part of this 'dark magic' behind the tournament, and uncover what his insidious plot is.

Kuzumikun
February 27, 2012, 02:40 AM
What i think is going on with the crowd (including Fairy Tail audience) and the rest of the contenders is some type of magic that eliminates the exposure of showing any cheating, helping, etc. Also seeing how Mavis and Makarov didn't notice the hair until Natsu pointed it out. But the only thing that contradicts this is that Yajima noticed something, and so did the Fairy Tail audiece so idk lol.

liductan
February 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
Well,it's seems like most people are falling to hate RT, I find them mostly annoying..I wish to know their reasons for wanting to humiliate Ft so much, I don't see a point. I think they are a good plot source to help FT, become stronger in the future fights. I am not surprised that Lucy lost, it makes sense..I'm not a big lucy fan,but I have to say for the first time she didn't disappoint me at all.

Quantized
February 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
Wow, lol, talk about one track mind, everyone is only concerned about how Lucy lost. Well at any rate, putting up runes to block outside magic would not work, because runes use magic too, so they would just be absorbed or negated or whatever. Some of you mentioned that Lucy should learn to control how much magic she uses, but we don't know that the spell Lucy used would have normally even consumed all her power; after all, it was stopped by absorption guy, so its not far fetched to say he took the rest of her power in the process. Many of you say Fairy Tail will be the underdog that unexpectedly makes it to the top, but with absorption guy around, they can't even fight. Remember, all their attacks use magic, so there's no way they stand a chance at winning unless they can deal with him. Also, I think the more pivotal scene was not the Lucy cheat scandal, but when Zeruff was brought into view, I can't help but to wonder how he is a part of this 'dark magic' behind the tournament, and uncover what his insidious plot is.
It's far from unexpected that they will reach the top though..
A) It's a shounen, they will prevail, somehow!
B) Trend of the manga, they always make it despite of how gloomy it looks without a solid explanation (only bad part about Fairy Tail, imho though).
C) Natsu foreshadowed it, if they still loose after this build up, it would be mental wrong and kill off a lot of readers, to be blunt.
D: The story has it's focus on Fairy Tail, it would be pointless to tell/talk about this story if it didn't end good. Regardless of it being real story or not, you only tell good stories (of these types), of which will end good.

Think it's pretty sure that they will win in the end, no surprises, imho we already know for certain that they will ^_^
Although the last arc had constructive opportunities for Fairy Tail to loose, and they would have to fight their way back up, however it's different in this tournament.
If they loose this tournament, not only will it be a waste of time for the readers point of view, (loosing a real fight is much more interesting to say the least), but the rest of the world will pretty much look down on them for a long time to come, and they would have real difficulties to prove themselves, (boring plot development).

In the previous arc some of us had hoped for more intelligent story development, but as said in point B above, the manga simply sometimes just don't come with solid explanations to why things goes they way they do.
If emotions can rapidly increase ones chances to win, it should be solid fact, or it leaves many readers in doubt, uncertainty and annoyed.

So now, I think we're all prepared after all this, we won't be surprised by how it turns out in the end, I really doubt that.
Last arc caught many off guard, but it won't happen again.
As for why Lucy lost is such a big discussion... well it's kinda the same thing that was disliked about the last arc, and point B mentioned above.. Where is the explanations?
We, the readers, are left in the shadow pondering while the story just moves on, leaving the reader behind pondering over what the heck happened :amuse

OtakuModeEngage
February 28, 2012, 05:04 AM
It's far from unexpected that they will reach the top though..
A) It's a shounen, they will prevail, somehow!
B) Trend of the manga, they always make it despite of how gloomy it looks without a solid explanation (only bad part about Fairy Tail, imho though).
C) Natsu foreshadowed it, if they still loose after this build up, it would be mental wrong and kill off a lot of readers, to be blunt.
D: The story has it's focus on Fairy Tail, it would be pointless to tell/talk about this story if it didn't end good. Regardless of it being real story or not, you only tell good stories (of these types), of which will end good.

Think it's pretty sure that they will win in the end, no surprises, imho we already know for certain that they will ^_^
Although the last arc had constructive opportunities for Fairy Tail to loose, and they would have to fight their way back up, however it's different in this tournament.
If they loose this tournament, not only will it be a waste of time for the readers point of view, (loosing a real fight is much more interesting to say the least), but the rest of the world will pretty much look down on them for a long time to come, and they would have real difficulties to prove themselves, (boring plot development).

In the previous arc some of us had hoped for more intelligent story development, but as said in point B above, the manga simply sometimes just don't come with solid explanations to why things goes they way they do.
If emotions can rapidly increase ones chances to win, it should be solid fact, or it leaves many readers in doubt, uncertainty and annoyed.

So now, I think we're all prepared after all this, we won't be surprised by how it turns out in the end, I really doubt that.
Last arc caught many off guard, but it won't happen again.
As for why Lucy lost is such a big discussion... well it's kinda the same thing that was disliked about the last arc, and point B mentioned above.. Where is the explanations?
We, the readers, are left in the shadow pondering while the story just moves on, leaving the reader behind pondering over what the heck happened :amuse

Not necessarily; they don't always win in Shonen. Sometimes they lose because it's either important to get stronger from the loss, its later revealed to be something they shouldn't actually win, or some kind of plot twist will result from their loss. I do however agree with the statement that they will find a way (if the mangaka so intends), after all, I did not state victory is impossible from them, I was merely predicting that to obtain it they would 'have to deal with absorption guy first.' Furthermore, I simply don't believe winning this tournament is as important as you're all making it out to be; you're missing the bigger picture. In fact, the tournament may even be interrupted or cancelled due to the dark ploy that is behind its existence. What is the real reason for the tournament, and why does Zeruff have something to do with it, why does dark magic surround it, is winning the tournament even a good thing? These are questions that should be asked due to their foreshadowing, but the Mangaka was able to keep you locked on Lucy and the tournament, this is a plot device to make it so that when the truth is exposed you remain shocked regardless of the foreshadowing.

REN KOUEN
February 28, 2012, 03:21 PM
is anyone else itching to see sabertooth in action this week? one of those two dragon slayer guys versus laxus or gajeel or jura from lamia scale

i definitely want to see some type of epic battle between powerful mages that DOESNT involve cheating ass raven tail this week

one thing is for sure, this magic tourmanent arc is shaping up to be pretty damn badass

OtakuModeEngage
February 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
is anyone else itching to see sabertooth in action this week? one of those two dragon slayer guys versus laxus or gajeel or jura from lamia scale

i definitely want to see some type of epic battle between powerful mages that DOESNT involve cheating ass raven tail this week

one thing is for sure, this magic tourmanent arc is shaping up to be pretty damn badass

Actually, I'm rather curious as to whether Natsu is even on their level or not. I mean, he was given some of Laxus's power, but it seems to have weakened and I wonder if it will run out all together, or if it already has? It pisses me off that the slayed their parent dragons though...

Marche
February 29, 2012, 03:27 PM
I will not comment in detail, because before I want to read chapter 273, but for now I think that the chapter sucks (in fact I am the one who voted bad in the poll).

In the truth only the end sucks, I really liked the beginning of it, but what happened at the end ruined everything.

To tell the truth is not even the fact that Raven Tail cheated that ruined everything, what really sucks is what happened to Flare's characters.

In fact at the beginning (at the beginning of the fight) she was like this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/4 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/24, but at the end of the fight she was so http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/12 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/14 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/15.
She has become really pathetic.

In fact I would accepted (also if whit some difficult) also if the Raven Tail cheated if only Flare tried to stop Lucy's attack, instead she was so frightened that she could not even move, she was petrified with fear, she has made **** in her pants.
And the fact that she was humiliated by Lucy has worsened it.
Because also if I was sure that Lucy would have obtained the most power up together to Natsu, this is too much, also because she did not even used Leon and Acquarius (but for Acquarius is a natural thing, there was not water there).

Krono
February 29, 2012, 05:14 PM

That would be my first guess based on the title.

Several days is a short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. It was supposed to be a high-level spell, someone like Lucy shouldn't be able to master a spell like that in a few days. She definitely shouldn'tve had enough time to complete it in the current arc. A short few months would seem a bit much to me but I guess I could see it....but almost all of the 3 months in which she could've trained was lost when they went to the Stellar Spirit World. Which means she would've been able to do it last arc if she had learned it, which makes me wonder why she didn't seeing as FT was almost screwed alot of times in that arc. If Lucy at any point grew so much she could use Uranometoria by herself, Mashima should've wrote about it.

Not using it last arc does not mean she could not have begun learning it until after the arc. She could have memorized the chant even before Edoras, and easily memorized it before Tenrou Island. She could easily have been practicing casting it before Tenrou Island, but unable to properly pull it off even with Gemini's help until after Ultear's power up. Or one of multiple other scenarios. The bottom line is that "She didn't use it on Tenrou Island" just means she couldn't use it effectively then. It does not mean "She couldn't have so much as learned the name of the spell until after Ultear powered everyone up."

Srsly Mavis, Makarov and the rest of the guild are there but no one notices her hair, except Natsu. Wasn't his trait good nose instead of ear? Or am I mixing it up with Toriko? Not important anyway, just disappointed at the rest of the guild. I understand Mashima intended to make us hate RT, but this scenario made me look down on Mavis and Makarov (once again). Could have been written better/differently I think. Starting with the RT girls magic power.

You're mixing things up with Toriko a bit. Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy all have better than normal senses of smell, and hearing that seems different than normal as well. For example, back in the Phantom Lord arc, Natsu was the only one to overhear the comment about Lucy being captured in the middle of Fairy Tail retreating from the Phantom Lord base.

As for Mavis and Makarov, the hair would have been blocked by Asuka from their line of sight. The rest likewise would not have had it in their line of sight. They would have seen it if they looked down at Asuka, but their attention, like hers was fixated on the battle, leaving it below their view.

As for not sensing it, sensing small bits of magic isn't particularly common in Fairy Tail. If Fried can leave magical runes all over the place and no one detects them until they actually run afoul of them, including Makarov, why should Flare's hair be so easy to sense?

As I was saying to exacta, her not remembering it immediately afterwards is meaningless. To put it another way, in showing the aftermath of the Festival Arc, we never see Makarov explain Laxus's DS lacrima to everyone. Yet several chapters later it's mentioned that he did just that. We don't see everything that happens in the way of resolution, but obviously the completely natural stuff such as exchanging stories, and asking questions. Otherwise for example, none of them except Natsu and Happy would know what happened to Cobra, everyone but Hibiki would be in the dark as to what happened to Angel, only Gray, Leon, and Sherry would know what happened to Racer, Gerard and Erza the only ones that know about Midnight, etc. So she'd learn about it in the aftermath of the OS arc, and from there it'd be a matter of her looking the spell up and trying to learn it for herself.

Actually, I'm rather curious as to whether Natsu is even on their level or not. I mean, he was given some of Laxus's power, but it seems to have weakened and I wonder if it will run out all together, or if it already has? It pisses me off that the slayed their parent dragons though...

By all indications, the power he received from Laxus ran out after the Hades fight. The lightning-fire mode had weakened because Natsu was now performing it entirely on his own. Now he's got the power up from Ultear, though whether that'll strengthen the mode, or just allow him to use it without exhausting himself is up in the air.

OtakuModeEngage
February 29, 2012, 06:35 PM
By all indications, the power he received from Laxus ran out after the Hades fight. The lightning-fire mode had weakened because Natsu was now performing it entirely on his own. Now he's got the power up from Ultear, though whether that'll strengthen the mode, or just allow him to use it without exhausting himself is up in the air.

Sorry, let me rephrase my statement. I wonder If the lightning ability Lexus gave him will run out all together, we know it didn't disappear after he fought Hades, because he used it on a guild member, but It was severely weakened, so it plausible that he will lose the ability to use lightning all together. That is what I was referring to, that without two abilities he is defiantly a grade below them.

As for all the claims that Lucy has not had enough time to memorize the spell, that is bullshit, as it was magically implanted in her brain, so there is no need to memorize, I dare say she could never forget if she tried. The real question is whether she could gather the power and skill to use it, and the answer to that is yes; the power required was undoubtedly given by Ultear.

Krono
February 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry, let me rephrase my statement. I wonder If the lightning ability Lexus gave him will run out all together, we know it didn't disappear after he fought Hades, because he used it on a guild member, but It was severely weakened, so it plausible that he will lose the ability to use lightning all together. That is what I was referring to, that without two abilities he is defiantly a grade below them.

By "power from Laxus" I mean both the raw power in general, and the lightning ability itself. When asked "Since when could you do that?" Natsu replied "just now", not "since Tenrou Island" meaning that he'd long since lost everything Laxus gave him, and had succeeded in duplicating the lightning-fire state on his own just then.

As for all the claims that Lucy has not had enough time to memorize the spell, that is bullshit, as it was magically implanted in her brain, so there is no need to memorize, I dare say she could never forget if she tried. The real question is whether she could gather the power and skill to use it, and the answer to that is yes; the power required was undoubtedly given by Ultear.

Hibiki called it a "one time transfer" of the spell. Combined with the trance like state Lucy cast the spell in, and her lack of awareness of what happened immediately afterwards, the natural assumption was that Hibiki had done something akin to transferring a program to her that ran once and deleted itself, rather than something like teaching her the spell and have her automatically cast it once.

OtakuModeEngage
February 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
A 'one time transfer' means it is only transferred once, that doesn't imply that it only last for the transfer period, that would be a 'one time use'. Perhaps after the information is transferred it may be lost, but we can not surmise that from the statement; a statement that only regards the transfer and not its lasting impact. And really, where else would she learn the spell, if I recall correctly, was it not akin to a lost magic or a secret spell?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Have we ever seen a mage use more than one Magic... Uriel can use ice and time, so I suppose its possible for Natsu to learn how to use lightning... but there is a difference between lightning magic and lightning dragon magic. I don't know if we've ever seen someone with two lost magics, and I doubt its something you can just learn on your own, or so quickly for that matter; Natsu still doesn't have the full abilities of his fire dragon magic. No, if he still has lightning dragon magic, its because Laxus had a lasting effect on his magic.

REN KOUEN
March 01, 2012, 01:12 PM
I will not comment in detail, because before I want to read chapter 273, but for now I think that the chapter sucks (in fact I am the one who voted bad in the poll).

In the truth only the end sucks, I really liked the beginning of it, but what happened at the end ruined everything.

To tell the truth is not even the fact that Raven Tail cheated that ruined everything, what really sucks is what happened to Flare's characters.

In fact at the beginning (at the beginning of the fight) she was like this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/4 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/24, but at the end of the fight she was so http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/12 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/14 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/15.
She has become really pathetic.

In fact I would accepted (also if whit some difficult) also if the Raven Tail cheated if only Flare tried to stop Lucy's attack, instead she was so frightened that she could not even move, she was petrified with fear, she has made **** in her pants.
And the fact that she was humiliated by Lucy has worsened it.
Because also if I was sure that Lucy would have obtained the most power up together to Natsu, this is too much, also because she did not even used Leon and Acquarius (but for Acquarius is a natural thing, there was not water there).
people who cheat to gain an advantage often wilt under pressure or when their plan fails

this is what happened to flair

Krono
March 02, 2012, 01:24 AM
A 'one time transfer' means it is only transferred once, that doesn't imply that it only last for the transfer period, that would be a 'one time use'. Perhaps after the information is transferred it may be lost, but we can not surmise that from the statement; a statement that only regards the transfer and not its lasting impact. And really, where else would she learn the spell, if I recall correctly, was it not akin to a lost magic or a secret spell?

It's the "one time transfer" thing in combination with the other things that makes people think it was lost after use. Plus it's rather silly to call it a one time transfer just to say "I'll only need to transfer this to you once." The spell itself is presumably written in a book somewhere, Hibiki just called it a top-level spell, not a lost magic, or secret spell. Lucy would have to do a bit of searching, assuming she didn't just ask Hibiki where she could learn the spell, but it shouldn't be that difficult to find to learn.

Have we ever seen a mage use more than one Magic... Uriel can use ice and time, so I suppose its possible for Natsu to learn how to use lightning... but there is a difference between lightning magic and lightning dragon magic. I don't know if we've ever seen someone with two lost magics, and I doubt its something you can just learn on your own, or so quickly for that matter; Natsu still doesn't have the full abilities of his fire dragon magic. No, if he still has lightning dragon magic, its because Laxus had a lasting effect on his magic.

Many mages have more than one magic. For example, Makarov's guild card lists his magic as "Titan and many others". Mirajane uses transformation magic, Take Over magic, and knows a bit of sleep magic. Macao's guild card lists his magic as Purple Flare, but the description of him goes on to note that he's capable of using transformation magic at a level that even Mirajane can't see through.

Pretty much all magic used, including Dragon Slaying magic is something learned. Laxus's magic can't have simply had a lasting effect on Natsu's magic, because Natsu's Fire DS magic isn't something he possesses like it's an object than can be modified, it's something that he knows how to use.

Ifrit
March 02, 2012, 05:09 AM
Many mages have more than one magic. For example, Makarov's guild card lists his magic as "Titan and many others". Mirajane uses transformation magic, Take Over magic, and knows a bit of sleep magic. Macao's guild card lists his magic as Purple Flare, but the description of him goes on to note that he's capable of using transformation magic at a level that even Mirajane can't see through. .

In other words. What Bluenote simply said in the bottom right corner :p

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/233/6